PF: Lucky Charm Grove OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

lightwolf21

PF: Lucky Charm Grove OOC

Post by lightwolf21 »

Welcome to the Lucky Charm Grove
Out of Character discussion thread.
Everyone is welcome as long as you abide by the rules. Please read the important info here.

GM – Lightwolf21
Co-GM – Tha Housedog

Setting
The Lucky Charm Grove for the Abandoned and the Ferals is a brand new shelter in Valerio’s Housepets! Fan-fiction series. The old shelter was a terrible place that used to euthanize pets, sometimes incinerating them before they were euthanized. That’s how bad it was. Some of the staff even beat the malnourished pets, while the pets only could only hope for adoption.

Then, there came a savior for all who had lost hope: a man named Martin Foster, a jackpot lottery winner with a dream...a dream of preventing what happened to his former pets from happening to any other pet. He reformed the shelter, privatizing it and creating a self-sustained utopia-like city for potential pets awaiting adoption, or for ferals to comfortably live out their lives. But all this comes at a cost… He allows them the freedom to roam throughout the shelter and to play with whatever electronic devices they want, but, to stay within the boundaries of the law, they must wear specialized collars that track their whereabouts and an electrified fence that keeps the animals in and anyone that may wish to harm them out.

Lucky Charm Grove is more than just a shelter. (More on this Later)

Rules

Concerning Ferals
If caught by local Animal Control, ferals will be transferred into the shelter and there, they will be given an education and the chance to participate in the social rehabilitation program (just like the Milton wolves did) in case they want to join the human community. If they choose not to, they will, of course, be healed of any wound/sickness and later released into the wild. Possible other sources of ferals: bought by owner and realizes too difficult to handle and abandons, or sends to Animal Control; any other reasonable explanation as to how they arrived there.

Current homeless residents of Lucky Charm Grove:
Every character has their own color when they talk, so it’s easy to tell them apart. Every notable character in the RP is listed here, including non-pet characters. Humans are Underlined, LCGSD staff members (both human and animal) are bolded.

Quote:
Open Characters for anyone to use:
- Various families looking to adopt from the shelter. Families are given thorough background checks by LCG staff to ensure residents will truly be cared for by the human adopting. (Want to write your character out…this would be an easy way to do it.) Subsequent checkups are required to make sure the family is taking care of the adopted pet.

There are two varieties of characters for members to choose from, but you may only choose one of the two categories. This is to prevent long term players from creating expendable characters.

1) Characters with high turnaround rate
Easy-to-adopt characters
Good choice for those that don’t want to feel obligated to stick around for a long time or for trying out the thread.
If you decide you want to join as a more permanent resident please let one of the GMs know.

2) Characters with a more permanent residency
Difficult ferals, ferals that can’t survive in the wild, pets that cannot be adopted for reasons beyond their control.

So we can have candidates who just want to spend a limited time on RPG without consequences and those interested in going at it longer.

- Police and Animal Control - Open when they appear, unless specially noted.

-Concerning Magic - No magic exists outside the occasional paranormal. Spells cannot be cast, but spirits can be seen by some.

- Concerning Hybrids - Only realistic hybrids are allowed. Dogotes, Coy-dogs, ligers (although the story for this one would have to be interesting) and any other proven-to-exist-in-our-world hybrids are allowed, as long as they have a story to back them up and explain how they arrived at the Grove.

Character List:
0/5 Category 1 – temporary resident member slots

0/10 Category 2 – permanent resident member slots

-Pet (cat, dog, or other domestic)- 1 or 2 Allowed per member (depending on how many feral you choose) (optional)

-Feral- 1 or 2 Allowed per member (depending on how many Pet characters you choose) (optional)

-Guest- 1 Allowed per member (optional)

House Rules:
These are all important, so know them well if you're in this neighborhood.
- No magic
- Paranormal can be seen by those that have that ability, but no ghost characters, period.
- Be courteous to your fellow forumites
- Do not create a storyline arc that affects others without their permission

Quote:
- We are a Join-by-request neighborhood. That means that to join, you need to get permission from us. Follow the directions below to join. Don't worry; this isn't so much to filter out characters as to keep confusion down.
- Give others a chance to respond. Not everyone can be on at all times, and when you start leaving people's characters behind, it's a problem. If someone takes less than a day to post, you need to wait. Only when it's been over a day is it acceptable to do something to free up your character. Use reason and common sense, please.
- This is a Democracy, not a Bureaucracy. Unless there's a rule being enforced, or some opposition, anything (within the rating limit) goes. If you want to do something because you think it's fun, go ahead.
- WE USE SKYPE. It is not required that you use it, but you're going to get left out of a lot of stuff if you don't use it, since we might coordinate some things using it.

lightwolf21 - lightwolf21
Tha Housedog - housedog7

- Watch the OOC thread. Stuff is constantly happening in here, so if you aren't watching, you're missing RP-important stuff.

Joining Process:

Quote:
1. If someone wants to join the neighborhood, they need to post a character sheet in this OOC. Once approved, you will post it in the Main OOC.
2. They need to link their character sheet, and give an explanation of them and what they're going to bring to this.
3. At least three people who are already settled into the RP need to agree to them joining.
4. They need to be ready to answer any questions or concerns from current members before they continue.
5. They will then be assigned a color for their character.
6. If 24 hours have passed since their join-request was posted, they can make an introductory post in the thread. (not before 24 hours unless they are told otherwise by the GM or a mod)

This is just a trial idea for a PF RP…if enough forumites show interest, we’ll try out the RP to see if the rules are not too strict to create a fun environment.

Please post any suggestions you might have and we’ll discuss them if I feel they can be implemented.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Zander

Re: PF: Lucky Charm Grove OOC

Post by Zander »

Yay! I've started a new trend of using Feral characters x3
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Well, it makes sense in the context of LCG, as the place is FOR ferals.

...I just wonder if I can use the characters I created for this. (Light, you know, Jayden and Jason).
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Private Elliot wrote:Well, it makes sense in the context of LCG, as the place is FOR ferals.

...I just wonder if I can use the characters I created for this. (Light, you know, Jayden and Jason).
Light and I have debated the use of the security team characters...will be put to a minimum. They will only be used in the case of emergency.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Ah Okay.

But God, I'm horrible with making character sheets.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Private Elliot wrote:Ah Okay.

Yeah. You still haven't made one for your character in Seabreeze. -_-'
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Zander

Post by Zander »

lightwolf21 wrote:
Private Elliot wrote:Ah Okay.

Yeah. You still haven't made one for your character in Seabreeze. -_-'
rofl.

If an idea comes to me i'll probably make a character here. x3
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
The Game

Post by The Game »

Hmm...
Maybe I'll join. I needed an excuse for another male character anyway....
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I may join eventually, but I've got to wait first, don't quite feel comfortable with the idea yet.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Ok I'd join. :3
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

Yeah sure, i would like to join.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Unfortunately, this idea has been scrapped.

If you guys really think it's a good idea, PM or message me and we'll see.
For now,
[Thread Locked]