Pet Friendly - Seabreeze Harbor

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

lightwolf21

Re: Pet Friendly - Seabreeze Harbor

Post by lightwolf21 »

Summer was surprised at the openness of the gift...and the fact that she hadn't noticed the canvas until the 'Chimation' had mentioned it. She hadn't even asked for Francia to paint a picture of her. "Wow, that's quite a...representation." Summer replied. She hadn't thought that Francia pictured her in that way...but she had to admit; it was a somewhat flattering depiction of her.
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

"Well, you are kind of the protector of the neighborhood, so, I figured a painting like this would be good. Although, I was originally thinking of portraying you in the painting as Heracles, but, then I thought, 'Eh, too mythical.' So, I went with portraying you as a Greek Hoplite."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Wendy had just finished breakfast and was on her way out the door. She had more or less gotten used to her new home and her new owners by now, and so now she wanted to go out into the neighborhood and meet the pets who lived there.

She had put on a warm yellow parka and a matching yellow muff, and had placed her stuffed toy dog Peter into a pink backpack which she wore on her back. She had dressed Peter up in warm clothing, and kept the zipper partly unzipped, as though to allow him to breathe.

"Now, you be a good boy, Peter," said Wendy as she was about to head out the door. "Don't squirm around too much, and try to keep quiet unless it's an emergency, okay? Okay."

She had opened the door and was about to step out when--

"Wait just a minute, young lady! Aren't you forgetting something?"

It was Wendy's new mom. Wendy thought a moment, then said, "Thimbles! Of course!"

Her mom bent down, and Wendy stood on her tiptoes to kiss her on the cheeks--first one, then the other.

"Good girl. You do give the sweetest thimbles of any dog I know."

"Hee hee! Thanks, Mommy!"

"Now, you have fun out there, but be safe!"

"I will!" She waved to her mom as she started out the door. Rather than simply walk out into the snow she made little hops as though playing hopscotch, or putting her feet into already-existing footprints (which weren't actually there) and singing a little song to herself:

"Icy powder makes a crunch,
Just like crackers for your lunch.
Makes your body turn all blue,
Careful--mind it don't sting you!
"

She continued to hum this to herself as she went to look for other pets who might be outdoors at this hour.
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dale shivered in the frosty air, he slowly sat up, rubbing his head. "Uhhg what happened?" He said in an early morning manner, squinting in the sunlight. He looked around in shock as the backyard was littered with debris. He didn't recognize the house, so assumed that he slept in summer's doghouse. he looked around the yard with a little more distress, there was no doghouse. he frantically looked around, striding through the shattered sheets of plywood, some with claw marks, some with bite marks. his ears sank to his head when he realized the broken planks of wood were the doghouse, or, what was left of it.
he quickly ran out of the gates which surrounded the back yard, running through the snow at full speed, looking back to see if anyone was following him. he didn't know what to think, had he done it? was it some sort of sick joke? all he knew is that the residents wouldn't trust him after this, just imagine if Summer would have slept in there with him. as he was lost in thought he didn't even realize the Pomeranian that he was gaining up on, without even noticing it before it was too late, he smacked straight into her at full speed, knocking them both down into the snow.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Zander wrote:Dale shivered in the frosty air, he slowly sat up, rubbing his head. "Uhhg what happened?" He said in an early morning manner, squinting in the sunlight. He looked around in shock as the backyard was littered with debris. He didn't recognize the house, so assumed that he slept in summer's doghouse. he looked around the yard with a little more distress, there was no doghouse. he frantically looked around, striding through the shattered sheets of plywood, some with claw marks, some with bite marks. his ears sank to his head when he realized the broken planks of wood were the doghouse, or, what was left of it.
he quickly ran out of the gates which surrounded the back yard, running through the snow at full speed, looking back to see if anyone was following him. he didn't know what to think, had he done it? was it some sort of sick joke? all he knew is that the residents wouldn't trust him after this, just imagine if Summer would have slept in there with him. as he was lost in thought he didn't even realize the Pomeranian that he was gaining up on, without even noticing it before it was too late, he smacked straight into her at full speed, knocking them both down into the snow.
"OOF!" cried Wendy as the cat knocked her down. She sat up quickly, shook the snow off her, then immediately looked into her backpack and said in a hushed voice:

"Are you all right, Peter? You're not hurt, are you? Oh, thank goodness! So sorry about that."

Then she turned her attention to the cat. "I'm so sorry, sir, I didn't see you there! Are you hurt?" She offered her paw to help him up.
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker's voice sounded behind Summer.He stood there in the now-open doorway, a smirk plastered on his face. "Y'know, you could have tried the front door like a regular dog. Good morning, Summer." Parker walked to the window and stood next to Summer. He looked out an saw Francia outside his window, showing off another of her wonderful paintings. "Gone Greek again, huh? It looks great, as usual. " He gave a thumbs-up to the Chimatian.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

"It's not what it looks like, Fran. Summer turned to the Chimation. "Parker just...he just...I just..." She was almost completely red. "You know what...forget it...I'm not doing this right now...not this early in the morning." She hopped out of the window and landed, her feet sinking into the snow. The sudden coldness on her feet, was refreshing. She turned to Francia. "It's wonderful, Fran." Summer replied, smiling. "Thank you very much." She suddenly realized she didn't have her Neighborhood Watch vest on. It was still in Parker's room since she'd taken it off before she went to sleep. She facepawlmed.
Also:
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

"Ah!"Alex said as soon as he awoke. He looked around, still in the cellar.
"Great...I dozed off again...and nobody woke me up."he said aloud, and groaned, then stiffened. "CRAP Mom's gonna be..."his voice trailed off, remembering. What mom you idiot... Alex thought to himself, and left the cellar.

(Sorry guys, I had to go to my dads house, which I go to at random times during the week, and my computer was being all crappy)
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker held Summer's neighborhood watch jacket. "Forgetting something?" He asked, the smirk still on his face. He threw it to Summer. "And Fran, it really wasn't what it looked like; I slept on the couch. I'll be right out." Parker disappeared into the house. A few moments later, he was outside standing in front of them.
Last edited by Blue Braixen on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Private Elliot wrote:"Ah!"Alex said as soon as he awoke. He looked around, still in the cellar.
"Great...I dozed off again...and nobody woke me up."he said aloud, and groaned, then stiffened. "CRAP Mom's gonna be..."his voice trailed off, remembering. What mom you idiot... Alex thought to himself, and left the cellar.

(Sorry guys, I had to go to my dads house, which I go to at random times during the week, and my computer was being all crappy)
Darren stirred in his sleep as the loud noise of the cellar door slamming shut woke him. He opened his eyes.and jumped back when he saw Dimitri's nose inches from his face. "Yikes!" he squeaked. After he calmed down he chuckled to himself. "I need to find some pets closer to my size," he whispered to himself. He gently tapped the Husky on the nose. "Hey Dimitri, it's time to get up."
Also:
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Alex saw figures somewhat far away. Thinking they were the same pets from before, we ran toward their direction. Remember Alex, friends mean possible places to stay.
Zander

Post by Zander »

ChewyChewy wrote:
"OOF!" cried Wendy as the cat knocked her down. She sat up quickly, shook the snow off her, then immediately looked into her backpack and said in a hushed voice:

"Are you all right, Peter? You're not hurt, are you? Oh, thank goodness! So sorry about that."

Then she turned her attention to the cat. "I'm so sorry, sir, I didn't see you there! Are you hurt?" She offered her paw to help him up.
Dale was stunned for a second. "Wh-what?" he grabbed her hand as she helped him up.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

lightwolf21 wrote:
Private Elliot wrote:"Ah!"Alex said as soon as he awoke. He looked around, still in the cellar.

Darren stirred in his sleep as the loud noise of the cellar door slamming shut woke him. He opened his eyes.and jumped back when he saw Dimitri's nose inches from his face. "Yikes!" he squeaked. After he calmed down he chuckled to himself. "I need to find some pets closer to my size," he whispered to himself. He gently tapped the Husky on the nose. "Hey Dimitri, it's time to get up."
With another amount of laziness, the husky said "Errr... Not now..." Dimitri still felt the poking in his nose "Meh, ok, ok. Dobri utra, Darren i Alex... Er, I mean, Good morning, both of you" He sighed and got off the couch Another day, another dead... Good morning, Mexico! Wait, you are not in Taco Land anymore, Now you are in USA! after that small thinking he stretched his arms and smiled.
Last edited by Russiarules1 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Zander wrote:Dale was stunned for a second. "Wh-what?" he grabbed her hand as she helped him up.
Wendy did her best to pull the cat onto his feet and brush the snow off him once he was, checking him for injuries.

"I do apologize, mister, I was in your way and we fell into the snow--I didn't mean to get in your way--you aren't injured, are you?" she said frantically.

She seemed as concerned for him as if he were her own brother, instead of some cat she'd never met before.
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

"So, anyway...Did you two do anything interesting yesterday,Summer? My dad made me stay home, yesterday."
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dale looked awkwardly at the pomeranian, she seemed strange... apologizing to him when he clearly ran into her..
"Uh.. yeah, i- i guess i'm fine.." he said, brushing the rest of the snow she didn't get off himself.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Zander wrote:Dale looked awkwardly at the pomeranian, she seemed strange... apologizing to him when he clearly ran into her..
"Uh.. yeah, i- i guess i'm fine.." he said, brushing the rest of the snow she didn't get off himself.
"Oh, thank goodness! I'm so relieved!" said Wendy, smiling as she shyly folded her paws. "My name is Wendy. Wendy Goh. What's your name, sir?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Summer put on her vest and looked at Parker before looking at Francia. ""Well, let's just say we have several new pets in the neighborhood that I wasn't informed about...and a stray c-." She appeared shocked as she suddenly remembered she'd left Dale in her doghouse. "Jeez, I almost forgot. I let the stray cat stay in my doghouse last night. His name's Dale and he doesn't seem to be all there...some issue with mood swings or something, I think. I don't think he's a bad cat, but we don't know much about him yet, so keep that part to yourself until we get more information. I've gotta check on him." Summer started walking toward her house. "C'mon Francina, you can drop that off at my house while we're over there," she said over her shoulder. "You can come too, Parker...if you want," she added turning around so they wouldn't see her rolling her eyes.
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker nodded. "Yeah, let's go see how Dale's doing." He followed Summer to her house.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Alex noticed Dale talking to a pomeranian. Alex figured apologizing to Dale for calling him "Mr. Hoodie" would be a good idea. They did get off on a wrong start. "Hey Dale? Er... sorry for calling you by a nickname, I didn't know your name then, and I have a habit of nicknaming people I don't know." He hoped that would be enough.
Zander

Post by Zander »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Zander wrote:Dale looked awkwardly at the pomeranian, she seemed strange... apologizing to him when he clearly ran into her..
"Oh, thank goodness! I'm so relieved!" said Wendy, smiling as she shyly folded her paws. "My name is Wendy. Wendy Goh. What's your name, sir?"
Dale looked around as he rememberd Summer's doghouse. "Uhhm, its Dale, but i really really need to get going, like, now."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Private Elliot wrote:Alex noticed Dale talking to a pomeranian. Alex figured apologizing to Dale for calling him "Mr. Hoodie" would be a good idea. They did get off on a wrong start. "Hey Dale? Er... sorry for calling you by a nickname, I didn't know your name then, and I have a habit of nicknaming people I don't know." He hoped that would be enough.
Wendy turned as she noticed the Labrador approaching. "Hello, mister!" she called, waving. "I'm Wendy!"

Then, turning to the cat, she said, "Dale? Is that your name? I like it!"

She wagged her tail, smiling and continuing to fold her paws--which was difficult to see since she was wearing a muff.

When Dale said he had to get going, she said, "Okay, I won't keep you. Nice to meet you, Dale!"

Turning to the Labrador, she then said, "And what's your name, mister?"
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

As Francia followed them, she said, "So, we have some new pets around, huh?" The Chimation smiled alittle. "That ought to make things more interesting around here."
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Alex had no idea why she was calling him "mister", but decided to go with it. "My name's Alex Mason, but you may call me by either Alex, or Mason. They could both my first name anyway." He put his paw out in front of him for a handshake.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Private Elliot wrote:Alex had no idea why she was calling him "mister", but decided to go with it. "My name's Alex Mason, but you may call me by either Alex, or Mason. They could both my first name anyway." He put his paw out in front of him for a handshake.
Wendy wagged her tail when Alex offered his paw. She took it, shook it, and said, "Nice to meet you, Alex! You have a very interesting name! I'm Wendy Goh. I don't have a reversible name like you do."

She folded her paws in the muff again.

"I'm new here, and you and Dale are the first pets I've met. Are you friends?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zander

Post by Zander »

Dale almost had a heart attack when Alex pretty much came out of nowehere. "AH!.. oh.. you.." he said, scratching the back of his head. "I thought you were someone else..." she turned to the Pomeranian. "Uhh.. no, not really, i only met him one time before.."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Walking with Summer and Fran, Parker noticed the group ahead. It looked like Dale and Alex, and... someone else. Parker called out, "Hey there! What's up?"
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

For a small moment, Alex frowned, but he smiled again as if his face never changed. "No, I'm new here... sorta, I met him yesterday, and I think I didn't make a good first impression. He hoped Wendy wouldn't ask him where he lived. As of now, that was nowhere.
His ears perked when he heard Parkers voice; he wanted Wendy would answer.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

"Aw, I'm sorry to hear that," said Wendy, sounding sincere. "I'm new here too, and other than you and Dale I don't know anyone here yet."

She heard another voice approaching, and turned to look. Wendy became more and more nervous, but all the more determined to make friends as she saw three other dogs arriving.

"Hello!" she called out to them all. "My name is Wendy! I'm new here! I just met Dale and Alex, and I'd like to know your names too!"
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zander

Post by Zander »

Dale didn't even turn to look at the group, he slowly walked down the street, opposite side the other group was walking, hoping not to be noticed.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Zander wrote:Dale didn't even turn to look at the group, he slowly walked down the street, opposite side the other group was walking, hoping not to be noticed.
Wendy sensed that something was wrong. She didn't ask prying questions, as she was nervous enough and felt very much the outsider, even though she wasn't the only one new in the neighborhood. What could be wrong? Alex had made a bad impression on Dale, and now Dale seemed to be avoiding the other dogs.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

"I'm Parker. Nice to meet you." Parker waited a few seconds. "Hey, Dale, where are you going, huh?"
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Tha Housedog wrote:"I'm Parker. Nice to meet you." Parker waited a few seconds. "Hey, Dale, where are you going, huh?"
"Nice to meet you, Parker," said Wendy. "You have a nice masculine name."

She blushed, as it was a rather bold thing to say, she thought, but she was being honest.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:"I'm Parker. Nice to meet you." Parker waited a few seconds. "Hey, Dale, where are you going, huh?"

She blushed, as it was a rather bold thing to say, she thought, but she was being honest.
Parker blushed, as well. He'd never heard THAT before. "Uh, thanks?"
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Summer noticed Dale walking away, but didn't pay him any mind. He wasn't a member of the neighborhood and free to leave if he wanted to. She at least wanted to know if he was okay, but she notice the adorable Pomeranian. She turned toward her. "Hello. You must be Wendy." Summer extended a paw in greeting. "Unlike some families..." she looked at Alex. "...yours registered with the Neighborhood Watch program. I hope you enjoy living here." Then, Summer shouted to Dale, "Morning Dale. Did you get a good night's sleep?...did you need some breakfast?"
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also:
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Tha Housedog wrote:Parker blushed, as well. He'd never heard THAT before. "Uh, thanks?"
"You're welcome." She wrung her paws inside the muff, hoping she hadn't embarrassed him by saying that.

She shook Summer's paw and said, "Yes, I am Wendy. Thank you very much for your kind welcome, miss. And what's your name?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

ChewyChewy wrote:

Alex tried his best to hide his chuckle, but some sound escaped. He turned away, not wanting to insult her. She was the first female dog (and cat) that he didn't say something stupid to, and didn't want to lose a possible friend.
When Summer's "subtle" comment reached him, he fought the urge to yell something back. I knew it, they are all the same, wherever you go. With his face burning, he crossed his arms.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Wendy got worried again. There seemed to be some animosity for some reason between Alex and the other female dog. She wasn't sure why, and it scared her. But she said nothing, not wanting to offend anyone.
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Dimitri walked over to the table and ate the last leftovers on is for breakfast "Mhp, that was good, I don't have any idea what I ate but it tasted good." Dimitri picked up his hat and scarf from the couch and left the cellar. As soon we walked out of the property, he saw a little group on the other side of the street.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker knew he had to lighten the mood somehow. "Heh, my family didn't have much of a choice but to register. Otherwise, Summer would have been hounding us until we did." (Terrible, I know.)