PF: SeaBreeze Harbor OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ctcmjh

Re: PF: SeaBreeze Harbor OOC

Post by ctcmjh »

I've been reading up on this thread, and I'm tempted to join. That is, if you'll have me.

Also: Page King!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

ctcmjh wrote:I've been reading up on this thread, and I'm tempted to join. That is, if you'll have me.

All hail the page king! :mrgreen: I don't mind. I'd be delighted to have you join us.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

lightwolf21 wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:I've been reading up on this thread, and I'm tempted to join. That is, if you'll have me.

All hail the page king! :mrgreen: I don't mind. I'd be delighted to have you join us.
Awesome! Now I just have to make a character! I've had some new characters running through my mind, so I'll make up a profile soon.

EDIT: Also, what page should I read from, and is there anything I need to know before joining? What time of year is it? Stuff like that?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Awesome! Now I just have to make a character! I've had some new characters running through my mind, so I'll make up a profile soon.

EDIT: Also, what page should I read from, and is there anything I need to know before joining? What time of year is it? Stuff like that?
Double awesome! :D

It's winter now, and it's only the second day of the entire RPG, that's all I know at the moment.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Nice, more people joining! yay!
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

ctcmjh wrote:
lightwolf21 wrote:

Awesome! Now I just have to make a character! I've had some new characters running through my mind, so I'll make up a profile soon.

Start reading here: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 89&start=0
Then continue here: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 56&start=0
Also:
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Okay, now I'm getting left behind. Could everyone slow down, please?
PF chars

--Phoenix

lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

We're currently trying to progress Fran, Darren, and Dimitri's arc to meet up with your group in the park.
If the reason we're going too fast is because there will be too much reading to catch up, you can skip the stuff Summer is talking to Dale about. It's pretty much just story recap at this point.
Also:
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Would anybody mind if I made two characters? Both dogs, both male. A Corgi named Nemo and a mutt named Ahab? Yes, both fishing related names. Because SbH is on the coast, I thought that their owner should be a fisherman.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

I wouldn't mind the two characters, but right now we only have 2 cats (female kitten, male cat) and 7 dogs (3 male, 4 female) and a Chinchilla. We could use more non-dog pets, if possible. Just my opinion.
Also:
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Well, eight of my roleplaying characters are already cats, and one is a ferret, so I had my heart set on dogs :oops:

Anyways, I made their profiles.
-type-
Main

-Name-
“Captain” Ahab Gaines

-Gender-
Male

-Age-
5 (17.5)

-Species-
Dog; mutt

-Personality-
Ahab is a generally active dog. He hates doing nothing, and would always love to be doing something, be it working, playing, or having fun. He gets along well with others, but he tends to underestimate his own strength.

-Appearence-
Ahab has mainly black fur. He has light brown around his muzzle, eyebrows, ears, and on his legs and belly. He has white on his chest and feet. His eyes are brown. His collar is a light blue collar with a fishhook shaped charm, it's not real though, it's metal, but it's very dull..

-Backstory-
Ahab’s dad is a fisherman, and he takes Ahab and Nemo fishing all the time to help him. Their owner’s own a fishing store, and they fish a lot, so they help supply the local fisher’s market. He’s had a simple life, and is quite active in the neighborhood’s dog-politics. He prefers to be a leader, rather than a follower, and has had some clashes with the neighborhood watch, but he’s usually a pretty cooperative guy.

-Strengths&weaknesses-
S- Great fisher. Knows a lot of first aid and knots. Outgoing. Resourceful.
W- Sucks with technology. A bit clumsy with delicate things.

-Other notes-
Loves fishing. Loves water a lot. He spends a lot of time outside. He’s not that smart, but it’s not because he’s dumb, it’s because he doesn’t care about knowledge. Ahab helps with the physical part of fishing.

-Picture-
None yet

-Stats-
Strength- 10
Perception- 5
Endurance- 8
Charisma- 5
Intelligence- 3
Agility- 6
Luck- 5
-type-
Main

-Name-
"Skipper” Nemo Gaines

-Gender-
Male

-Age-
4 (14)

-Species-
(Dog; Corgi)

-Personality-
Nemo is a really quiet, shy dog. But he’s a very nice dog, and loves to make friends. He’s a lot more open to people once he meets them, but he’s almost silent with strangers. He loves technology, especially computers. He does have a rebellious side, but it’s easily stopped because of his timidity. His shyness probably comes from his small stature. He’s a bit smaller than an average corgi, so he’s called tiny sometimes.

-Appearence-
Nemo has golden-brown fur. He has white on his muzzle, belly and legs. He has a black spot on is tail, lower back, and on his shoulders. He has green eyes. His collar is a pale green collar, with a compass as the charm.

-Backstory-
Nemo’s dad is a fisherman, and he takes Ahab and Nemo fishing all the time to help him. Their owner’s own a fishing store, and they fish a lot, so they help supply the local fisher’s market. He’s had a simple life, and he follows Ahab quite frequently. He prefers to follow, but be a very very good follower by being very helpful. He‘s very cooperative with the neighborhood watch, and considers joining.

-Strengths&weaknesses-
S- Knows a computer inside and out. Very good with maps. He knows a lot of First Aid.
W- Shy. Physically weak.

-Other notes-
Loves water, but enjoys the indoors. He likes to take walks. He really like the snow.

-Picture-
None yet

-Stats-
Strength-4
Perception-7
Endurance-3
Charisma-5
Intelligence-9
Agility-7
Luck-7

lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Ah, okay...that was fast...also there's a chance we've already seen them in the story.
lightwolf21 wrote:Summer lead Dale to the water's edge, as she stepped out onto the dock. A bait and pole rental shop with a large sign that read, 'The Pier' was on the border of the dock and land. The dock stretched out about a hundred feet over the water, with boats anchored along the various docks and piers. There were a few humans and a couple of other pets fishing off the pier. They were focused on the task at hand and didn't pay any attention to the dog and cat. The water must have been freezing, because no one was swimming...not during winter. Summer was worried. Her fur didn't keep her as warm as most others...and she'd be fishing traditional style...sticking her paw in the water to try to get some fish.
Summer started walking along the waters edge toward one of the rivers that ran into the bay. "I figured a river or stream would be easier to fish from than the beach..." she hadn't fished traditional style before so she didn't know if she was right or not. She turned to Dale "...what do you think?"
:shock:
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also:
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

lightwolf21 wrote:Ah, okay...that was fast...also there's a chance we've already seen them in the story.
lightwolf21 wrote:Summer lead Dale to the water's edge, as she stepped out onto the dock. A bait and pole rental shop with a large sign that read, 'The Pier' was on the border of the dock and land. The dock stretched out about a hundred feet over the water, with boats anchored along the various docks and piers. There were a few humans and a couple of other pets fishing off the pier. They were focused on the task at hand and didn't pay any attention to the dog and cat. The water must have been freezing, because no one was swimming...not during winter. Summer was worried. Her fur didn't keep her as warm as most others...and she'd be fishing traditional style...sticking her paw in the water to try to get some fish.
Summer started walking along the waters edge toward one of the rivers that ran into the bay. "I figured a river or stream would be easier to fish from than the beach..." she hadn't fished traditional style before so she didn't know if she was right or not. She turned to Dale "...what do you think?"
That could very well have been Ahab and Nemo :mrgreen:
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Maybe we should have Zander open up a few more spots, so we can have some more cats.
Zander

Post by Zander »

great characters! i'll add them to the main post.

also, did you read the general rules? most you should know but a few are specific to the neighborhood.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Zander wrote:great characters! i'll add them to the main post.

also, did you read the general rules? most you should know but a few are specific to the neighborhood.
Of course I've read the general rules :lol:

And yeah, I've read the SbH rules too.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Great :mrgreen: , now all I have to do is update the shipping chart.
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Tha Housedog wrote:Oh, I forgot to mention this. Zander, I'm adding Autumn as a main character, go ahead and put her on the list. Autumn Wray, Female, Dog, Border Collie.
Color=800080
I'm in the process of making the character sheet.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I just finished reading the entire thread. Gah, my eyes hurt...

Anyways, I have to wait until the next timeskip, don't I? :(
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

ctcmjh wrote:I just finished reading the entire thread. Gah, my eyes hurt...

Unless Zander allows you to, I think you may have to wait.
Also:
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

lightwolf21 wrote:

Darn it. That kinda sucks :lol:

Well, I kinda forgot which pets have lived in the neighborhood, and which ones are new. Could you tell me real quick?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Darn it. That kinda sucks :lol:

Well, I kinda forgot which pets have lived in the neighborhood, and which ones are new. Could you tell me real quick?
I had to wait, too.

Wendy's new, Alex apparently is new, though I guess not as new as Wendy, Parker is NOT new, that's all I know. :oops:
PF chars

--Phoenix

Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Well, Dimitri the husky, Alex the white Labrador and Dale the cat are new pets in the neighborhood
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

ctcmjh wrote:Well, I kinda forgot which pets have lived in the neighborhood, and which ones are new. Could you tell me real quick?
Characters new to Seabreeze Harbor:
Dimitri
Wendy
Dale

Veteran Residents:
Alex has been staying for some undisclosed amount of time, as a stray. (assuming to be about a month)
Parker
Summer
Addison
Nemo
Ahab
Autumn
Darren
Francia
Also:
The Game

Post by The Game »

That's not fair! Wendy's like, adorable!

Oh well, I'll try....

Type-
Main

-Name-
Addison Jaxson

-gender-
female

-Age-
3 (10.5)

-Species-
Cat, Somali

-personality-
Addison has not a care in the world. She's happy with her life as it is, she'd be happy with any change, and she'd be happy if everything stayed the same. She's a tad naive, she is rather young, but tries her best to act mature, since she hates people thinking she's too young, though this doesn't work out very well for her. The permanent smile on her face can only be removed if she catches any type of meanness; bullying, teasing, name calling, it'll all drive her insane. She's also known to ignore people for days on end if she gets really mad at them.

-appearance-
http://catbreedswiki.com/images/cats/Somali2.jpg With a bright, neon pink collar. Her tag is a red apple (because of her initials AJ is apple juice?). Addison's eyes are wide and curious, and a vibrant shade of blue.

-Backstory-
Addison lived with her Mom and Dad for as long as she can remember. Her Dad has always been too busy to spend much time with her, so her mom does her best to distract her from that. They tend to go on random trips and vacations, all that are fun and fast paced. Addison never really had a chance to miss her dad. What Addison doesn't remember is that she used to have an older brother, Chad, and he was the only reason she ever smiled. As far as she is concerned, he disappeared; she was so hurt by his leaving that she repressed most memories of him.

-Strengths & Weaknesses-
Strengths- Addison loves to joke around and smile. Her happiness can be contagious, and she's hardly ever in a bad mood.

Weaknesses- A lot of things tend to go over her head. She can take things too personal.

-other notes-
Addison's older brother, Chad, left when she was young. She hasn't seen him since, and can't even remember him.
She has a little childhood token that she refuses to let go of: a fuzzy purple blanket. She doesn't let anyone know it exists, and does a perfect job of hiding it from all other living beings she interacts with.

-Picture-
Image (a big thanks to Lightwolf for this!)
-Stats-
STR- 4 "It's too big and heavy!"
PER- 6 "Do you want to talk about it?"
END- 6 "You'd be surprised at how long I don't get tired...maybe..."
CHR- 7 "I made this macaroni heart just for you!"
INT- 6 "I get that! I get that too! ....but I have no idea on that last one."
AGI- 7 "Look at me go! Aren't I fast!"
LUC- 6 "Lookie, a penny!"

Color FF80FF
Last edited by The Game on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

The Game wrote:That's not fair! Wendy's like, adorable!
:lol: Aww, thanks! :D
PF chars

--Phoenix

lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

I want to draw Addison. X3 Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase!
Also:
The Game

Post by The Game »

Go right ahead!
Thanks!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

The Game wrote:Go right ahead!
Thanks!
Now we're even. Lightwolf hasn't drawn Wendy (to my knowledge).
PF chars

--Phoenix

lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

ChewyChewy wrote:
The Game wrote:Go right ahead!
Thanks!
Now we're even. Lightwolf hasn't drawn Wendy (to my knowledge).
I definitely would have, if you didn't already have an image of her on the character sheet.
Also:
The Game

Post by The Game »

We're almost even.
All we need is for someone to see Addison lovingly cuddle up to her blanket, and THEN we're even.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

lightwolf21 wrote:I definitely would have, if you didn't already have an image of her on the character sheet.
Well, not to get ahead of The Game again, but I wouldn't mind if you wanted to do one anyway.
PF chars

--Phoenix

The Game

Post by The Game »

And there he goes again.
Addison will win this cute war. :shock:
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

The Game wrote:And there he goes again.
Well, just remember, in real life I'm a lot less cute than you probably are.
PF chars

--Phoenix

The Game

Post by The Game »

ChewyChewy wrote:
The Game wrote:And there he goes again.
Well, just remember, in real life I'm a lot less cute than you probably are.
But real life means nothing in the world of RP.
and that's most likely true (just kidding!) :P

EDIT: So where is every one right noW?
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Well, the majority of characters are headed toward the park.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Wendy, Parker, and Alex are already in the park.
PF chars

--Phoenix

The Game

Post by The Game »

Okay, I think I'll have Addison head over there.
...tomorrow.....I'm too tired to think of a good post right now.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Summer and Dale are somewhere near water, and far away from the others.
Zander

Post by Zander »

ctcmjh wrote:
lightwolf21 wrote:

Darn it. That kinda sucks :lol:
Well, since we kinda just had a timeskip, you could wait for the next, or you can use a loophole, and say you already entered your characters in that one post and continue it from there :3
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson