PF: SeaBreeze Harbor OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

lightwolf21

Re: PF: SeaBreeze Harbor OOC

Post by lightwolf21 »

Mareks wrote:
Zander wrote:Seabreeze is open for one more RP'er, so if you join then no one else can join this RP unless we open up more slots. Your character sheet looks fine, but you'll have to wait for the next RP day to join. (which should be soon)
According to a post below yours and above this one, it's the next day. So, I'm going to go ahead if that's okay.
It's not the next day yet. In the RP, it's still day two. Valerio is just excited we'll be starting the new day soon...hopefully. Zander will announce the official end of day two in this thread when it happens.
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mareks wrote:
Zander wrote:Seabreeze is open for one more RP'er, so if you join then no one else can join this RP unless we open up more slots. Your character sheet looks fine, but you'll have to wait for the next RP day to join. (which should be soon)
According to a post below yours and above this one, it's the next day. So, I'm going to go ahead if that's okay.
New day starts officially with the GM's announcement.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Ah, sorry... that's where I got confused. Never mind then, I'll keep working on my art until I'm good to go.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

We'll try to get Day 2 finished today, but I doubt that it will happen.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Added feral section, feral rules, and new feral bio to the main. You can all make a feral, of whatever wild animal you want! :D?
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Zander wrote:Added feral section, feral rules, and new feral bio to the main. You can all make a feral, of whatever wild animal you want! :D?
Cool, wonder if this means I could use my Fursona now o .o

Speaking of which, your Fursona link is broken Zander D: Or I just don't have permission to view the image... which is weird.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Mareks wrote:
Zander wrote:Added feral section, feral rules, and new feral bio to the main. You can all make a feral, of whatever wild animal you want! :D?

Speaking of which, your Fursona link is broken Zander D: Or I just don't have permission to view the image... which is weird.
http://img24.imageshack.us/i/profilev0.png/

Better? :3

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Zander wrote:
Mareks wrote:

http://img24.imageshack.us/i/profilev0.png/

Better? :3
Very much so ^ -^
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Anyway, I apologize here as well how I wasn't able to post; I have no true computer to use at my dads unless it's night.
Also: Can't Nemo and Wendy do anything else?
(Not trying to be mean with my above comment, but do you think everyone should do something tomorrow? Like outside?)
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Private Elliot wrote:Anyway, I apologize here as well how I wasn't able to post; I have no true computer to use at my dads unless it's night.
Also: Can't Nemo and Wendy do anything else?
(Not trying to be mean with my above comment, but do you think everyone should do something tomorrow? Like outside?)
That's what I'd like to know.... :roll: It was fun for awhile but it has to GO somewhere. I don't accuse you of being mean, don't worry. :P
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
valerio

Post by valerio »

Well, since there seems to be room for a guest/recurring character, here, I'd like to apply for a feral. In case this violated the rules for characters availibility, I'll delete this contribution:

-type-
Feral

-Feral type-
Predator

-Name-
Achillea

-Gender-
Female

-Age-
7 (24)

-Species-
Wolf

-Pack-
Lone Wolf

-Rank-
N/A

-Personality-
Achillea is the classical wary, shy kind of wolf. She is fascinated with the life of the domesticated animals, and would like to start a pack with them, but she knows that it's only a fantasy, and her best surrogate is living in one of the deserted houses at Abandoned Street, surrounded by stuffed animals she stole from the trash bins together with the occasional food. She feels attracted to Janus' dark side, at the point of protecting him against ker own kind.

-Appearence-
6' tall, Achillea is muscular, wiith a thick, pure white fur (a reason for which she was mocked, being a most ineffective camouflage) and deep green eyes. She wears an old, dismissed white collar with an arrow as tag

-Backstory-
Achillea was the unlawful offspring of an omega couple, in a southern pack, that dared to break the rules and mate. After her parents were cast away, they made it to grow Achillea until she was old enough to forage for herself. They died of poisoning not much later, and yet Achillea never blamed the human, while she hates her fellow wolves for casting away her parents. Achillea never had a pack. Instead, living alone most of her life led her to observe and study the humans and their pets, wishing to join them. Sometimes, she helped them from the other ferals, contented enough, for now, to do her part. She has elected Portsmouth Regia as her den, defending it with all her strength, and thanks to the help of the place's fame as haunted house...

-Strengths&weaknesses-
S - Achillea is a very, very strong wolf, and a skilled fisher and stealthy scavenger.
W - Achillea tends to forget that she's a wild animal and that humans and other ferals will even kill her if she lowers her guard. She tends to run unnecessary risks.

-Other notes-
Achillea learnt well how to fish to provide herself with extra food. She can rummage through trash bins with few damage. She loves to collect stuffed animals and treat them as a surrogate pack.

-Stats-
Strength- 10 "I live to survive, whatever it takes"
Perception-8 "A life of hardship will teach you to hunt"
Endurance-8 "Run, run, and you may come back one day"
Charisma-3 "I spent my life avoiding people, duh!"
Intelligence-3 "Overrated."
Agility-5 "I need to run and fight, not to dodge."
Luck-5 "If I were lUcky, I'd have my own pack"

COLOR-#008000
Last edited by valerio on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

-type-
Feral

-Feral type-
Neutral

-Name-
Sly

-Gender-
Male

-Age-
5-1/2 (19)

-Species-
Raccoon

-Pack-
Racoonan Council

-Rank-
Deserter

-Personality-
Sly is the adventurous type. He is very clever, as his name suggests, and can often raid trashcans without leaving any evidence behind. He also holds the forest record for trashcan item retrieval, although if he does it at his max speed, he leaves clues behind. He's often boastful and cocky, but has the skills to back it up. But, at home he's your typical loving, bungling father with a heart of gold. He also has a heart shaped locket made out of gold he'd pilfered off someone.

-Appearance-
3.8' tall, classic cat-burglar physique, with standard raccoon fur pattern, but a much darker 'mask' than a normal raccoon would have. Sky blue eyes, allows for instant chick-magnetism, but his need to take care of his kids doesn't allow time for looking for a mate at this time. He doesn't wear any clothing or items that would hinder his 'work'

-Backstory-
Sly recently lost his mate to a careless driver and it now trying to take care of his kids. This often means, opting for the most easily accessible food source...that of humans... His need to feed his kids, lead him to a life of crime...and becoming quite good at it. Right now he is on the neighborhood's and especially Summer's most wanted list. Think of him as the Lupin to Summer's Zenigata. ;3 The greatest thief the county has ever known...he hopes to make it statewide someday.

-Strengths&weaknesses-
S - Legendary thieving skills
W - His children and his willingness to do anything for them.

-Other notes-
His need to feed his kids, lead him to a life of crime...and becoming quite good at it.

-Stats-
Strength-4 "I'm a lover, not a fighter."
Perception-4 "What was that noise? Time to go."
Endurance-6 "It's the fuzz...run!"
Charisma-8 "See 'Strength' Quote. ;3"
Intelligence-5 "A well thought out scheme plan."
Agility-9 "You never saw me. ;3"
Luck-6 "I make my own luck."

COLOR-#9F9F00]
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

DAAWWW, Sly's a real cutie! Like him already! :D :D :D
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

I want to reserve a character slot
It is a surprise.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Russiarules1 wrote:I want to reserve a character slot
It is a surprise.
You already have 2 character slots. ;)
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Tha Housedog wrote:Parker was already up and pointing the can of knockout gas at Dale. "Dale! Come back to your senses!"
Were you (or Parker) half asleep when you (or he) thought up that line? -_-'
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

lightwolf21 wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:Parker was already up and pointing the can of knockout gas at Dale. "Dale! Come back to your senses!"
Were you (or Parker) half asleep when you (or he) thought up that line? -_-'
To be honest, I don't know. -_-'
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

I'm going to work on a better back story for Jasper since I've got some time still. In the meantime, anyone wanna give me a quick description of the surrounding area and neighborhood, along with the kinds of stuff that goes on/has happened here? Not looking for detail, just basics.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

On the neighborhood watch side of things...there is a curfew that suggests doors locked by 9:00 p.m. because a recent problem with ferals actually entering people's houses either for warmth or food. Summer is quick to remind everyone the importance of this rule. There is also a WIP map here: http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7184/seabreeze0.png
...other than that, I would try to read what's happened up to this point so you aren't completely lost. Summer's also a little annoyed at the large number of suddenly new residents that haven't registered with neighborhood watch upon arriving... -_-' (not really, it's not a major plot point)
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mareks wrote:I'm going to work on a better back story for Jasper since I've got some time still. In the meantime, anyone wanna give me a quick description of the surrounding area and neighborhood, along with the kinds of stuff that goes on/has happened here? Not looking for detail, just basics.
Page 9: you'll find a brief history of the now-called Abandoned Street.
Page 10: I hinted at the fact that centuries go Seabreeze Harbor may have held a fishermen and pirates port.
I'll try to come up with more details of the place.
valerio

Post by valerio »

If you'll decide to go for a hike in the mountains, don't forget to visit the Dead Man Caves: that is, a network of tunnels that used to be part of a single coal mine. Alas, the unstable terrain didn't allow for a lasting structure, and the deepest tunnels have long collapsed, but spelunking excursions are still available for the lovers of exploration and danger.
Want to try your chance at finding treasures? While hiking 'Wildwood Trail', please remember to bring your local history book AND a metal detector. You'll learn that the pirates of the Bay didn't hid their treasures on the beach! They hid part of their booty in the mountain, training wolves to guard the chests.
If you are bold enough to hike in the night, you still could see the restless shadows of those ancient guardians who still watch for intruders...
But if you just look for a good hike in the middle of the finest mountain scenery, walk the Wildwood Trail until it ends on Ocean Plaza -yes, funny name for a picnic place in the middle of a clearing, but the sight is very well worth the name!
Seabreeze Harbor! Your Pet-Friendly community where fun, adventure and family values are our best currency! :D
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Valerio tends to get a bit carried away by his creationism...I hope you're ready for some map editing, Zander... X3
Also:
Zander

Post by Zander »

lightwolf21 wrote:Valerio tends to get a bit carried away by his creationism...I hope you're ready for some map editing, Zander... X3
*keels over*

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

lightwolf21 wrote:Valerio tends to get a bit carried away by his creationism...I hope you're ready for some map editing, Zander... X3
You make it sound as a bad thing... :(
Also, as a touristic place for the summer, SH could allow the presence of more-or-less regular guests.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Creationism or creativity? They're not the same thing....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Zander

Post by Zander »

ChewyChewy wrote:Creationism or creativity? They're not the same thing....
I lolled

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Creationism or creativity? They're not the same thing....
Creativitismation; n
Creature that's creative while creating creative creature creations creationistically.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Tired of the trip?
Do you prefer to rest in a warm and cozy place, treated like a member of the family rather than like a mere guest?
'Homemade Food' is your next best thing?
Welcome to Levin House! Bed&Breakfast, with all the commodities you'll find at your own home (provided you don't live like a brutish bachelor of course!) and the best food of this side of the county!
Annette Levin and her husband Mortimer will not only make you feel WANTED, they will help you to get back on your feet! Don't be afraid to ask them to fix those gadgets you'll need for your hike or for your diving expeditions! If mom and dad will do it for you, the Levins will do it even better!
Conveniently located at the end of Leo Avenue, Levin House B&B is the perfect place to leave for some sport, together with your beloved pets of course!
Tranquil, cozy...and affordable. Come visit anytime! All credit cards accepted! (during high season, remember to book with a 2-weeks advance!)
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

*snrk*
Valerio is going to be the map director, I can predict that.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Other stores that can be helpful to this community:

'The Dyna-Store'
Jack Curtiss, an old fan of the '60s SciFi movies, opened this store intended to sell a bit of everything in terms of food, cleaning items, drugs. Not the best choices, but Jack stays true to his motto 'We have what you need'.

'KC and the Machines'
Karl Curtiss, Jack's brother, is the owner of a car repairs shop and hardware store. His shop lays just at the right of the Dyna-Store.

Unnamed veterinary clinic, that shares the place with the local doctor's house.
Veterinary David Hodges and doctor Michael Thorpe practice home-care.
---
Others:
Garbage is brought to the nearby city. There are no dumps nearby Seabreeze Harbor. Garbage is collected every two days.

Please don't kill me, but I so LOVE this place!
Last edited by valerio on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zander

Post by Zander »

valerio wrote:Please don't kill me
*Looks at blood on knife*

Too late.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

ZANDER! WE NEED HIM ALIVE!

Do I need to frying pan you now? *SPANG!*
valerio

Post by valerio »

Zander wrote:

Too late.
Les ouchies.
*grumble grumble* first they encourage you to be creative... *grumble grumble* Oh, yes *dies*
The Game

Post by The Game »

Wait, so Dale went crazy on everyone in Parker's house (why are they there?) for no reason?
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Game wrote:Wait, so Dale went crazy on everyone in Parker's house (why are they there?) for no reason?
well, whatever the reason, it's connected to the facts as listed in his character sheet. So far, anyway, the reason for these umpredictable mood changes is yet unknown. As a speculation, I daresay it's not regular, or Dale would've been in much more trouble before.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

valerio wrote:
Zander wrote:

Too late.
Les ouchies.
*grumble grumble* first they encourage you to be creative... *grumble grumble* Oh, yes *dies*
I think that's the third Val death in the last week...Val, you need to go live in a hospital. :lol:
valerio

Post by valerio »

I already booked an autopsy room...and I get a very detailed check-up every time :mrgreen:
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Whoa whoa whoa! That's waaaaay more info then I needed. Also, I don't intend to join the neighborhood watch. And some more to say would be is that the real number of houses on that map, or just to show the streets. o .o And if it is the real number of houses... which one is available for the new guy?

PS.
*Dances around* I'm itching to get started.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mareks wrote:Whoa whoa whoa! That's waaaaay more info then I needed. Also, I don't intend to join the neighborhood watch. And some more to say would be is that the real number of houses on that map, or just to show the streets. o .o And if it is the real number of houses... which one is available for the new guy?

PS.
*Dances around* I'm itching to get started.
Zander never said it (that, or I didn't find it specified in the thread), but it looks like those houses are not the only ones in SH. The map serves to give us an idea of the place, rather than the exact scale. Am I right?
Also *sigh* such a nice dramatic situation and not a chance to help >_<
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Dramatic situation? I haven't been following the story for SH since I'd be joining on the next RP day. Figured I'd go from scratch there and figure the other pets out as Jasper got to know them.