Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are 
Author Message
Online
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 2009
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post 2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are
[ Remember Who You Are ]

Title Text: I shall become BATMAN! Or wait, what were we talking about?

Yay! Learn that lesson! :D

_________________
Image


Mon May 30, 2016 12:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:32 pm
Posts: 1017
Post Re: 2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are
I guess he stressed himself out so much trying to fix everything by himself he had a stroke. He shall be The Batferret... Ferretman... something!


Mon May 30, 2016 12:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm
Posts: 3265
Location: Virginia
Post Re: 2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are
Took you awhile to finally get it Keene.

Also, Wednesday is going to be the end of year eight strip. I can't wait!

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Mon May 30, 2016 12:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4480
Location: Ohio
Post Re: 2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are
Well that is a good lesson for him to learn

Xane wrote:
I guess he stressed himself out so much trying to fix everything by himself he had a stroke. He shall be The Batferret... Ferretman... something!


I could see that being what happened. Then again he might not be dead at all still and this was just Henry trying to help him by teaching him not to stress out so much, making this some kind of dream I would guess.


Mon May 30, 2016 12:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:58 pm
Posts: 80
Post Re: 2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are
Saturn381 wrote:
Took you awhile to finally get it Keene.

Also, Wednesday is going to be the end of year eight strip. I can't wait!


It is? but were only on book 6.... Also, i'm more confused than ever now. He wants to be the one who fixes everything. is that a crime? I would fix the world if everyone would just let me... but for some reason everyone gets all awkward when you try and convince them you should be supreme global overlord.. *sighs*

I almost feel like this strip is giving a bad message "The world is a terrible place and no matter what you do it will never get any better, so don't even bother trying". I mean... Noone else was helping and Keene is really the only one with the ability to push it forward at all, you would think his "father" would be happy for him striving for his dreams. I dunno... I just want to see how this ends so hopefully it will make sense... As it stands i am more confused than when Pete and spirit first revealed themselves...


Mon May 30, 2016 12:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 551
Location: Home
Post Re: 2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are
Xane wrote:
He shall be The Batferret... Ferretman... something!


He is the ferret Babylon Garden deserves AND the one it needs right now

_________________
Image
Pelea por lo que quieres y no desesperes si algo no anda bien
¡Hoy puede ser un gran día, y mañana también !


Mon May 30, 2016 12:15 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:04 pm
Posts: 176
Post Re: 2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are
To the Ferretcave!


Mon May 30, 2016 12:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:06 am
Posts: 15
Location: ... How about no?
Post Re: 2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are
With the instant costume change lever too! And a sidekick... but who?

8 years. Lotsa ink. Lotsa markers.

_________________
I'm bad at signatures.


Mon May 30, 2016 12:45 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 16356
Location: Italy
Post Re: 2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are
IceKitsune wrote:
Well that is a good lesson for him to learn

Xane wrote:
I guess he stressed himself out so much trying to fix everything by himself he had a stroke. He shall be The Batferret... Ferretman... something!


I could see that being what happened. Then again he might not be dead at all still and this was just Henry trying to help him by teaching him not to stress out so much, making this some kind of dream I would guess.

Wonder what souvenir he'll bring from Heaven...

_________________
Image


Mon May 30, 2016 12:49 am
Profile WWW
Online
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 2009
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: 2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are
Adoring Fan wrote:
I almost feel like this strip is giving a bad message "The world is a terrible place and no matter what you do it will never get any better, so don't even bother trying". I mean... Noone else was helping and Keene is really the only one with the ability to push it forward at all, you would think his "father" would be happy for him striving for his dreams. I dunno... I just want to see how this ends so hopefully it will make sense... As it stands i am more confused than when Pete and spirit first revealed themselves...
I think the point is that Keene was feeling dispirited because he felt that he needed to fix everything. In reality, there's no way he can fix everything or even everything that's wrong with animal rights. But he was letting that get to him and make him feel like there was nothing worth fighting for anymore. All that is sort of like what you said, but the underlying message is that even if he can't be the one to fix everything, he can still make things better. Mr. Milton is proud of Keene for what he is doing to help animals and humans come together, not disappointed for what Keene can't achieve. So Keene shouldn't let the disappointment he feels stop him from doing good things in this world.

_________________
Image


Mon May 30, 2016 1:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:56 am
Posts: 26
Post Re: 2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are
Yes Keene find a way to get rid of that pesky free will :P

All Hail our Ferret overlord ;3


Mon May 30, 2016 1:15 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:54 am
Posts: 30
Location: Warsaw/Haramsøy
Post Re: 2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are
So...

Huh...

Yeah...

I got nothing.


Is the forum-link text supposed to be the moral of the story or it's there just as a bonus? Because that could change a lot.
I'm trying to put everything together based on this, but, it just doesn't work for me too well. Breel was showing/telling Keene, that time is all they have there, his mom presented him the "perfect version" of herself part. Cerberus... all I can think of is "making peace with his life"?
But it still doesn't "click" for me as a whole. I really hope for more explanation next strip.

_________________
What could possibly go wrong...?


Last edited by Nameless coyote on Mon May 30, 2016 1:44 am, edited 3 times in total.



Mon May 30, 2016 1:30 am
Profile WWW
Online
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 10603
Location: Down Under
Post Re: 2016/05/30 - Remember Who You Are
Am I the only one who can't read the title of this strip without hearing it in Mufasa's voice?

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Sweetsushi!

Image Image Image


Mon May 30, 2016 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nameless coyote and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.