Housepets on Youtube?

Discuss the comic here
Anthroguy101

Re: Housepets on Youtube?

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Tails++ wrote:Zander: No, I already said in first post that I can't do voice acting (thus I used synthesized voices in the first video (why did I even do two?)), since I'm not native English speaker and I basically never have chance to talk in English (talk aloud) so my pronunciation/accent is probably horrible, not to mention I can't even do voices in my native language.

I rather meant a screensaver (programmed in C++ with my engine, but I wrote a few lines, then lost motivation (actually I didn't have any to start with) and stopped, although I already did project analysis and planning (which is sort of obvious when I started writing code)), some computer games (although I have to do graphics by myself) and some other things I forgot now, but wrote them down several months ago when I got ideas... but I wanted to do these things many months ago and basically did nothing... Image And probably won't do anything again, as I lost all motivation and strength to do pretty much anything (including other, personal projects) again... I shouldn't have been stupid and rather do something else than that useless test adaptation, but I wouldn't finish it anyway, so why bother. Oh sorry, I'm talking again, I need to stop doing that Image Sorry Image just ignore me now I guess.

Actually when I think about it, it was pretty irresponsible for me to even think about doing this, sorry for bothering, I should've realized that before, that I would sooner or later screw such things up badly or do something Image sorry, I didn't realize this Image
So, does this mean there are going to be no more Housepets! adaptations?
Takže to znamená, že nebude více Housepets! adaptace?
Zander

Post by Zander »

Anthroguy101 wrote:
Tails++ wrote:Zander: No, I already said in first post that I can't do voice acting (thus I used synthesized voices in the first video (why did I even do two?)), since I'm not native English speaker and I basically never have chance to talk in English (talk aloud) so my pronunciation/accent is probably horrible, not to mention I can't even do voices in my native language.

I rather meant a screensaver (programmed in C++ with my engine, but I wrote a few lines, then lost motivation (actually I didn't have any to start with) and stopped, although I already did project analysis and planning (which is sort of obvious when I started writing code)), some computer games (although I have to do graphics by myself) and some other things I forgot now, but wrote them down several months ago when I got ideas... but I wanted to do these things many months ago and basically did nothing... Image And probably won't do anything again, as I lost all motivation and strength to do pretty much anything (including other, personal projects) again... I shouldn't have been stupid and rather do something else than that useless test adaptation, but I wouldn't finish it anyway, so why bother. Oh sorry, I'm talking again, I need to stop doing that Image Sorry Image just ignore me now I guess.

Actually when I think about it, it was pretty irresponsible for me to even think about doing this, sorry for bothering, I should've realized that before, that I would sooner or later screw such things up badly or do something Image sorry, I didn't realize this Image
So, does this mean there are going to be no more Housepets! adaptations?
Takže to znamená, že nebude více Housepets! adaptace?
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Calm down Zander
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Okay fine.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Ahahaha

ahaha

ha

>.>
*continues walking*
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Dissension: That's not true. Just because of the fact that I'm basically not doing any work for several months... Image How can you even call not doing pretty much anything for months being hard in somebodyself? Now stop it.

Anthroguy101: What? Image Zander's doing them, since he's better and faster, I don't know why I even tried, when it's very irresponsible for me to even attempt do official things, as something would go very bad sooner or later, I didn't realize this before, when I tried, sorry Image Now really stop it. Why do you put there also Czech translation (with incorrect grammar)? What are you implying? That I'm too stupid to understand English correctly? What did I miss? What did I say wrong? Where did I make a mistake? Image I said I mean a computer game and screensaver and some other things (somebody will do them better sooner or later, so why bother? Image ), but I see that I made some grammar mistake or something, so it wasn't clear from previous post.

What are you implying with that rage? Who did tell you? Did they tell you? Why are you doing that? Stop laughing. Leave me alone. Image
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Tails, it's going to be alright. Don't get too upset.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Now i feel bad :<

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

I won't be trying out for voice acting.
When I read comics, I subconsciously assign each character a fitting voice.
These ideal voice qualities just conflict with those of others.
I am extremely picky.

Good luck though, and remember, this isn't a job. It should just be for fun.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Tails++ wrote:Dissension: That's not true. Just because of the fact that I'm basically not doing any work for several months... Image How can you even call not doing pretty much anything for months being hard in somebodyself? Now stop it.

Anthroguy101: What? Image Zander's doing them, since he's better and faster, I don't know why I even tried, when it's very irresponsible for me to even attempt do official things, as something would go very bad sooner or later, I didn't realize this before, when I tried, sorry Image Now really stop it. Why do you put there also Czech translation (with incorrect grammar)? What are you implying? That I'm too stupid to understand English correctly? What did I miss? What did I say wrong? Where did I make a mistake? Image I said I mean a computer game and screensaver and some other things (somebody will do them better sooner or later, so why bother? Image ), but I see that I made some grammar mistake or something, so it wasn't clear from previous post.

What are you implying with that rage? Who did tell you? Did they tell you? Why are you doing that? Stop laughing. Leave me alone. Image
Ugh, I was just goofing around with Google Translate. Google Translate always comes out incorrectly. I didn't mean to be mean. :oops: I do that more often than I should. I'm sorry. Your English is stellar as far as I'm concerned.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Tails, please. Nobody hates you, nobody's trying to attack you, and you're doing fine and you're not under any obligation to do anything. So please, please, please stop being so self-depreciating and defensive.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Personally I liked the more cinematic approach on the Spot (superdog) strips.

As they are a little more action-y :3

Or it might be that I'm a sucker for a bit of special effects, but not too much! No thanks =3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Personally I liked the more cinematic approach on the Spot (superdog) strips.
Same, although I do find myself looking at the effects rather than the art, and listening to the voices instead of reading, so I can see exactly where Rick is coming from. Particularly as Spot (superdog) comics are the ones that would likely have the most effects, and are the ones with the most jokes outside of what's being spoken.
So please, please, please stop being so self-depreciating and defensive.
^ This. Not getting something quite how someone else imagined it the first time you try is no big failure, and I think by heaping this "I suck, I should never have tried" attitude on yourself isn't helping you at all. Learn to love yourself! Particularly as no-one is saying that your video was bad. In fact most people, including myself and Rick it would seem, would say the opposite. It was very good. Just not the most suitable. But you could just accept the comments and try again, and I'm sure you'd get much closer. I'm wanting to voice act for this and the other Audio project, but other people don't necessarily think my voices suit the character. If they think that, no big deal, I'll try again slightly differently. You're among friends, so just relax, and you'll be able to enjoy things like this a lot more ^_^
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Sorrryyy sorry Image I didn't mean that, you misunderstood me, I said it wrong probably, I didn't mean that "I suck I shouldn't have even tried" it's that first I should've realized, that Zander's already doing this and rather do something else, than trying to create a different style, when Rick Griffin already said that he wanted exactly what Zander made and I didn't realize that it's irresponsible for me to even try to do this, because if I would do more, something would go wrong very quickly. I accepted comments already, sorry if I made it seem that I didn't (I just wanted to clarify what I thought before, when I made that mine version, that's all I didn't know it would sound so bad Image), I didn't mean this sorry, it's so awkward Image Why try again though, when Zander's already got this? I'll go make something else although the only thing left is a screensaver (programmed in C++, not a slideshow by some screensaver-makers and such), but that's similar to game and most probably also requiring permission or something... hmm... I don't know then... well at least I'll have more time for my own personal HP-unrelated projects. Image Relax? Image That's last thing I think of when I'm here... well actually when I'm anywhere, but now really stop it, it's annoying cluttering this topic with these stupid things Image
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

What I would think would be good is that you both do it, but your own techniques.

That way the viewer(s) has more of a choice than just one. Although this is up to you two to figure out.

Personally I'd love to see both, but that's just me.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Tobee wrote:What I would think would be good is that you both do it, but your own techniques.

That way the viewer(s) has more of a choice than just one. Although this is up to you two to figure out.

Personally I'd love to see both, but that's just me.
Well i finished, but now that i look at it i realize the mask layer spazzes out each time someone talks.. im probably going to go back and redo a lot of it.
but if you want to see what i have (NOT THE FINISHED ONE.) Then its here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mokMnCHxyk4

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

I like it! :3

But yah as I said, imo both takes at it are good, so TO ME both works.

Buuuuut as I said that's just me xD
valerio

Post by valerio »

For this ol' Italian guy, it's like 'Supergulp' all over again! Only with a WAY better comic! :mrgreen:
I iz SO HAPPY! :D :D :D
Thank you Tails and Zander & the rest of the crew for this sublime work!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I'm not used to the style, but this is looking pretty good! I can't wait to see the finished product.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Awesome stuff Zander

Whenever you do the next test, do you think you'd be up to taking direction and/or storyboard to see how that turns out?
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Wow Zander, that's some pretty great stuff!
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

pretty neat stuff i do say so myself.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Zander

Post by Zander »

rickgriffin wrote:Awesome stuff Zander

Whenever you do the next test, do you think you'd be up to taking direction and/or storyboard to see how that turns out?
You mean like... Scripting? Can you elaborate? I probably can.

Updated the Main Channel.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Wait, you created this account/channel?
Shouldn't rick own this channel/account?
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

I will eventually, once we have our technique down or what have you

And yes I mean like scripting!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

What's there to script?
Wouldn't it just be what's written in the comic strip itself?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Obbl wrote:What's there to script?
Not completely. Panel transitions, sound effects, and movements all have to be scripted as well. Though the correct term for it is storyboarding.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Zander

Post by Zander »

ReCreate wrote:Wait, you created this account/channel?
Shouldn't rick own this channel/account?
Once we get everything right i can exchang it over to him.

*sniff* *wipes tear* it's like sending a kid off to collage. :_>

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Obbl wrote:What's there to script?
Not completely. Panel transitions, sound effects, and movements all have to be scripted as well. Though the correct term for it is storyboarding.
Oh oh oh ooooh! So like, MORE than just a script. Gotcha ;)
Anthroguy101

A little critique

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Rick isn't going to be doing all the voices all the time, is he? We can still send the voices in or something (or have we abandoned that idea at this point)? It's just common sense that different people are going to do different voices better. VGcats did the same thing (as well as every other animated everything).
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Well Anthro, I personally think it's only fair that Rick gets to voice Spot (superdog). But to answer your question, yeah, different people will voice different characters. I will (most likely) be playing Rufus and Spo.
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Challenger01 wrote:Well Anthro, I personally think it's only fair that Rick gets to voice Spot (superdog). But to answer your question, yeah, different people will voice different characters. I will (most likely) be playing Rufus and Spo.
Rick makes a great <insertgenericvillainhere>. Perhaps the other villain should have a British accent?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

It's also possible that Rick isn't going to be involved so much with the acting as he will with the creative side -- storyboarding, directing, and things of that nature. *shrugs*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
exranio

Post by exranio »

Hey Guys I did my second Audition for Joey
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

i decided to give this a shot this week just to see how it works. ho-hum!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Zander

Post by Zander »

exranio wrote:Hey Guys I did my second Audition for Joey
I love your Joey voice ._. its so suttle, yet child-like :>

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Nice, I will look out for it.
I can voice act too (can do some accents too: 100% Mexican, 90% Russian, American 85%?)
Oh, I am kind of new in here so I saiz hellos to everyone!
PS.
Peanut and Grape are just a great pair.
By the way, I heard they need to traduce Spanish to English and I would like to help.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Russiarules1 wrote:Nice, I will look out for it.
I can voice act too (can do some accents too: 100% Mexican, 90% Russian, American 85%?)
Oh, I am kind of new in here so I saiz hellos to everyone!
PS.
By the way, I heard they need to traduce Spanish to English and I would like to help.
I call trolling. :P

Welcome to the forums, by the way.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

What the fudge is trolling?!
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Russiarules1 wrote:What the fudge is trolling?!
Trolling is trolling.
Of course, you could be trolling right now, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Image Image