Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Got a crush? 
Puppy Wrangler

Post Re: Got a crush?
Gotta say Sabrina. She has that mysterious, yet playful attitude about her. She would be fun to hang out with.

I don't think I could stomach having tarot. Her telepathic links with loved ones would freak me out too much. I happen to like my privacy.

I also would like to have Fox, Peanut, Tiger, or Marvin as a friend. I have a bit of a guycrush on them.

Of course this is all contingent on my sudden transformation into an Irish setter of the same name.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm still very confused about how the term "crush" is being used here. Because if it's being used as I think it is, this is far too awkward for me.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Puppy Wrangler

Teh Brawler wrote:
I'm still very confused about how the term "crush" is being used here. Because if it's being used as I think it is, this is far too awkward for me.

Its not. My view on the matter is more of the personalities of certain characters that you find attractive. That attraction can be platonic or otherwise, but it is the basic personality of the character rather than any physical attributes. But, hey, what do I know?

My perception of reality seems to be flawed in some way, and I don't know why.

Last edited by copper on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:44 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

copper wrote:
That attraction can be plutonic.
Platonic.

I've called a crush a meaningless infatuation before. Be it with physical appearance, personality or both. So it might be awkward, but sometimes crushes are.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
It can be possible for someone to ignore the physical form and be attracted to a person by their personality, this does not happen often since a lot of people can not help but judge through looks rather than personality, this sounds rather superficial when put in that context.
My point is could this method be used also with a humanoid animal?
We only know this can be done between two humans which takes a lot of effort on its own, but would the fact that a humanoid animal is not human make this method more difficult or just as difficult between two humans?

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:53 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

I don't think everyone who responded affirmatively really needs to ignore the physical form in this case.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Worst Mod EVER!

Teh Brawler wrote:

I agree. You guys are calling the comment I made creepy, yet this is a topic about which non-human housepets character you find attractive?

I don't think I need to say anything more.... O!o;;

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:45 pm

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:

I agree. You guys are calling the comment I made creepy, yet this is a topic about which non-human housepets character you find attractive?

For me, it's more so the fact that the characters don't exist in real life, and therefore the stated crushes are toward a collection of pixels.

Though the non-human thing doesn't help matters.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:

It's not really which character you said you had a crush on so much as how you said it. :P
Teh Brawler wrote:
For me, it's more so the fact that the characters don't exist in real life, and therefore the stated crushes are toward a collection of pixels.
That's why they're just crushes rather than something more meaningful. Then again, there are some crazy fans out there, so you never know.
Teh Brawler wrote:
Though the non-human thing doesn't help matters.
They're human enough for some fans, but let's not go too far into discussing that.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:57 pm
Profile WWW

Sleet wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
That's why they're just crushes rather than something more meaningful. Then again, there are some crazy fans out there, so you never know.

See, that's what makes me think our connotations of the term "crush" are different. I tend to think crushes ARE meaningful, to some degree.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:14 pm
Profile WWW

Teh Brawler wrote:

Well hey now, if you see it that way, allow me to make the argument of saying, and I quote:

"All the characters of Housepets! were created by Rick, i.e. the characters are an extension of Rick's ideas and personal influence, i.e. the characters are an extension of Rick himself. Revealing an act of affection, or "crush," for a character means displaying some form of attraction for the idea or personality behind that character, which can also be indirectly interpreted as showing a side of affection to the extension behind that character's identity or personality in the first place, i.e. to the creator. Therefore, if I'm absurdly correct, this thread serves as nothing more than being seven pages of forum members declaring their undying love for Rick.

Also, liking Rick means you like all the characters he's ever made, even the ones you don't like."

SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Two_Twig wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:

Well hey now, if you see it that way, allow me to make the argument of saying, and I quote:

"All the characters of Housepets! were created by Rick, i.e. the characters are an extension of Rick's ideas and personal influence, i.e. the characters are an extension of Rick himself. Revealing an act of affection, or "crush," for a character means displaying some form of attraction for the idea or personality behind that character, which can also be indirectly interpreted as showing a side of affection to the extension behind that character's identity or personality in the first place, i.e. to the creator. Therefore, if I'm absurdly correct, this thread serves as nothing more than being seven pages of forum members declaring their undying love for Rick.

Also, liking Rick means you like all the characters he's ever made, even the ones you don't like."

Which only goes to increase my discomfort.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:37 pm
Profile WWW

This is creeping people out so I have to add to it

I like Bino, Great Kitsune and all the Mr. Bigglesworths!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:41 pm

Two_Twig wrote:
Therefore, if I'm absurdly correct, this thread serves as nothing more than being seven pages of forum members declaring their undying love for Rick.

You are absurdly correct.
Everyone in this thread less than three's Rick.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:48 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

Well I definitely less than three Rick. Just not in that way. ;3

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile WWW

UFFFFF... there's a lot...

1 The most important JOEY!!!
2 Bino
3 Peanut
4 Fido
5 King
6 Grape
Jajajaj, i love those caracters so much i´ts like a crush!!!1 Especially JOEY!!!!!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:15 pm
Profile YIM
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Hmm.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:18 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Bino, annnd king probably.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:18 am

Sasha,Grape and Sabrina :D :D :D

They'r so cute!!
What am i saying?!?...(Everyone is cute on housepets!!)

(don't know about the humans tough ;) :?:

The wolf,a noble,wild and furry creature of the forest.
GOD I WAN'T ONE AS A PET

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:18 pm

CHAPLIN wrote:

Follow my dangus DA

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:14 pm

If Sasha was human, I would marry her.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Cwitt wrote:
If Sasha was human, I would marry her.

Wait What.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:18 am
Profile YIM WWW

Chaplin wrote:
CHAPLIN wrote:

The word "crush" is used here to describe when you found a special liking into one of the characters. Most of us like all the HP characters, being funny and cute and whatnot, but when you really like a character (Perhaps he reminds you of yourself, or you find his/her behavior very interesting, funny, etc. etc.) you says "crush".

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:23 am
Profile WWW

Sasha of course, My real dog's name is Sasha Maxine Holiday.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:43 am
Bringing Foxy Back

I'm pretty sure what each person here means by a "crush" is different. Some meanings weirder than others.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 pm
Profile WWW

I like Fox and King. >3>

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:23 am

Disregarding all sexuality on the subject and regarding a crush as being an affiliation with someone on a personal level. I like guys as guy-friends. I like have girls as friends too, but I'm so obsessed with my work that I don't necessarily date anyone on a full relationship level. Either that or I haven't found someone I particularly care to date in real life or care to fantasize about (hope that doesn't sound creepy. I mean picture myself with.) However, there are several characters in this series that I identify with and I can trace to people I know in real life. For the characters that I don't relate back to in real life, I find that I have a crush, or admiration of their character and hope to meet someone similar to them in behavior.

From that... I'd have to say I admire Peanut for his intellectualism and interest in reading, but the fact that he is relatively simple despite it, reminds me of someone I wish I could be. Fox however is who I am most like and therefore would want to meet a person like him in real life, to identify with. I know a few people like Joey, and unfortunately Lester hehe. I really wish I had someone like Grape to just be as good as a girlfriend really, but not be or want the desire to be my girlfriend. I just need someone who is a friend above sexual interest and that's Grape.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:51 pm

This is an interesting thing to think about, especially since i'm only kind of a furry... But now that im thinking about it, Sabrina

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:20 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bringing Foxy Back

I am thoroughly amused that "Bino" has a crush on Sabrina.

And ships Grapenut.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:30 am
Profile WWW

What can i say? I'm a changed dog!

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:41 am
Profile YIM WWW

Sorry to be that one guy who doesn't understand, but what in the world is I SHIP GRAPENUT? I get the Grapenut part, a combination of Grape and Peanut, but what's with the Ship part?

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:11 am

Box O Lions wrote:
Sorry to be that one guy who doesn't understand, but what in the world is I SHIP GRAPENUT? I get the Grapenut part, a combination of Grape and Peanut, but what's with the Ship part?

Shipping is when you want two characters to be together romantically.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:17 am

Is that internet terminology? Cause it sounds like it. hahaha Okay so it's a proposal. I get it.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:38 am
Bringing Foxy Back

Yes, it's an internet term. It's kind of like what Twilight fangirls (and some fanboys) do with Bella+Edward and Bella+Jacob. That's probably the most mainstream example.

That said, shipping is not necessarily referring to romance, but it usually is. As is the case with pretty much every Grapenut shipper.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:43 am
Profile WWW

Like me

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Don't forget about me ;)

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:31 pm
Profile WWW

But not me.

>_>

<_<

Don't hurt me.

But more on topic, Res. Not so much in a 'romantic' sense, but more of an 'I want to take him home with me' type thing. Really, he could use a hug. Unless physical contact is one of the things that freaks him out...

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:20 pm
Profile WWW

Coatl_Ruu I totally agree with you. He's the cutest stray I've seen and he's got talent to boot.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:20 am
Devil Skirrl

This is off-topic, but Res is not a stray.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:32 am
Profile WWW

Okay this is the last off-topic thing to post, don't get mad please. He was a stray. He isn't now but his emotional complexities are from his insecurities that were developed as a stray, that coupled with Mrs. Auburn being a perfectionist. But yeah the fact that he's a writer is what I like about him.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next