Got a crush?

Discuss the comic here
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Got a crush?

Post by copper »

Gotta say Sabrina. She has that mysterious, yet playful attitude about her. She would be fun to hang out with.

I don't think I could stomach having tarot. Her telepathic links with loved ones would freak me out too much. I happen to like my privacy.

I also would like to have Fox, Peanut, Tiger, or Marvin as a friend. I have a bit of a guycrush on them.

Of course this is all contingent on my sudden transformation into an Irish setter of the same name.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

I'm still very confused about how the term "crush" is being used here. Because if it's being used as I think it is, this is far too awkward for me.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Teh Brawler wrote:I'm still very confused about how the term "crush" is being used here. Because if it's being used as I think it is, this is far too awkward for me.
Its not. My view on the matter is more of the personalities of certain characters that you find attractive. That attraction can be platonic or otherwise, but it is the basic personality of the character rather than any physical attributes. But, hey, what do I know?

My perception of reality seems to be flawed in some way, and I don't know why.
Last edited by copper on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

copper wrote:That attraction can be plutonic.
Platonic.

I've called a crush a meaningless infatuation before. Be it with physical appearance, personality or both. So it might be awkward, but sometimes crushes are.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

It can be possible for someone to ignore the physical form and be attracted to a person by their personality, this does not happen often since a lot of people can not help but judge through looks rather than personality, this sounds rather superficial when put in that context.
My point is could this method be used also with a humanoid animal?
We only know this can be done between two humans which takes a lot of effort on its own, but would the fact that a humanoid animal is not human make this method more difficult or just as difficult between two humans?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't think everyone who responded affirmatively really needs to ignore the physical form in this case.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Teh Brawler wrote:I'm still very confused about how the term "crush" is being used here. Because if it's being used as I think it is, this is far too awkward for me.
I agree. You guys are calling the comment I made creepy, yet this is a topic about which non-human housepets character you find attractive?

I don't think I need to say anything more.... O!o;;
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
I agree. You guys are calling the comment I made creepy, yet this is a topic about which non-human housepets character you find attractive?

For me, it's more so the fact that the characters don't exist in real life, and therefore the stated crushes are toward a collection of pixels.

Though the non-human thing doesn't help matters.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:

It's not really which character you said you had a crush on so much as how you said it. :P
Teh Brawler wrote:For me, it's more so the fact that the characters don't exist in real life, and therefore the stated crushes are toward a collection of pixels.
That's why they're just crushes rather than something more meaningful. Then again, there are some crazy fans out there, so you never know.
Teh Brawler wrote:Though the non-human thing doesn't help matters.
They're human enough for some fans, but let's not go too far into discussing that.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sleet wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:For me, it's more so the fact that the characters don't exist in real life, and therefore the stated crushes are toward a collection of pixels.
That's why they're just crushes rather than something more meaningful. Then again, there are some crazy fans out there, so you never know.
See, that's what makes me think our connotations of the term "crush" are different. I tend to think crushes ARE meaningful, to some degree.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Well hey now, if you see it that way, allow me to make the argument of saying, and I quote:

"All the characters of Housepets! were created by Rick, i.e. the characters are an extension of Rick's ideas and personal influence, i.e. the characters are an extension of Rick himself. Revealing an act of affection, or "crush," for a character means displaying some form of attraction for the idea or personality behind that character, which can also be indirectly interpreted as showing a side of affection to the extension behind that character's identity or personality in the first place, i.e. to the creator. Therefore, if I'm absurdly correct, this thread serves as nothing more than being seven pages of forum members declaring their undying love for Rick.

Also, liking Rick means you like all the characters he's ever made, even the ones you don't like."
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Two_Twig wrote:
Well hey now, if you see it that way, allow me to make the argument of saying, and I quote:

"All the characters of Housepets! were created by Rick, i.e. the characters are an extension of Rick's ideas and personal influence, i.e. the characters are an extension of Rick himself. Revealing an act of affection, or "crush," for a character means displaying some form of attraction for the idea or personality behind that character, which can also be indirectly interpreted as showing a side of affection to the extension behind that character's identity or personality in the first place, i.e. to the creator. Therefore, if I'm absurdly correct, this thread serves as nothing more than being seven pages of forum members declaring their undying love for Rick.

Also, liking Rick means you like all the characters he's ever made, even the ones you don't like."
Which only goes to increase my discomfort.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

This is creeping people out so I have to add to it

I like Bino, Great Kitsune and all the Mr. Bigglesworths!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Two_Twig wrote:Therefore, if I'm absurdly correct, this thread serves as nothing more than being seven pages of forum members declaring their undying love for Rick.
You are absurdly correct.
Everyone in this thread less than three's Rick.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well I definitely less than three Rick. Just not in that way. ;3
theblackcateyes

Post by theblackcateyes »

UFFFFF... there's a lot...

1 The most important JOEY!!!
2 Bino
3 Peanut
4 Fido
5 King
6 Grape
Jajajaj, i love those caracters so much i´ts like a crush!!!1 Especially JOEY!!!!!
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Hmm.
Neon Sky

Post by Neon Sky »

Bino, annnd king probably.
- Neon Sky
Netherwolf

Post by Netherwolf »

Sasha,Grape and Sabrina :D :D :D

They'r so cute!!
What am i saying?!?...(Everyone is cute on housepets!!)

(don't know about the humans tough ;) :?:
The wolf,a noble,wild and furry creature of the forest.
GOD I WAN'T ONE AS A PET
Chaplin

Post by Chaplin »

CHAPLIN wrote:I'm still very confused about how the term "crush" is being used here. Because if it's being used as I think it is, this is far too awkward for me.
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

If Sasha was human, I would marry her.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Cwitt wrote:If Sasha was human, I would marry her.
Wait What.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Chaplin wrote:
CHAPLIN wrote:I'm still very confused about how the term "crush" is being used here. Because if it's being used as I think it is, this is far too awkward for me.
The word "crush" is used here to describe when you found a special liking into one of the characters. Most of us like all the HP characters, being funny and cute and whatnot, but when you really like a character (Perhaps he reminds you of yourself, or you find his/her behavior very interesting, funny, etc. etc.) you says "crush".
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

FlyAwayNow

Post by FlyAwayNow »

Sasha of course, My real dog's name is Sasha Maxine Holiday.
Que Lastima
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm pretty sure what each person here means by a "crush" is different. Some meanings weirder than others.
natranr

Post by natranr »

I like Fox and King. >3>
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

Disregarding all sexuality on the subject and regarding a crush as being an affiliation with someone on a personal level. I like guys as guy-friends. I like have girls as friends too, but I'm so obsessed with my work that I don't necessarily date anyone on a full relationship level. Either that or I haven't found someone I particularly care to date in real life or care to fantasize about (hope that doesn't sound creepy. I mean picture myself with.) However, there are several characters in this series that I identify with and I can trace to people I know in real life. For the characters that I don't relate back to in real life, I find that I have a crush, or admiration of their character and hope to meet someone similar to them in behavior.

From that... I'd have to say I admire Peanut for his intellectualism and interest in reading, but the fact that he is relatively simple despite it, reminds me of someone I wish I could be. Fox however is who I am most like and therefore would want to meet a person like him in real life, to identify with. I know a few people like Joey, and unfortunately Lester hehe. I really wish I had someone like Grape to just be as good as a girlfriend really, but not be or want the desire to be my girlfriend. I just need someone who is a friend above sexual interest and that's Grape.
Bino

Post by Bino »

This is an interesting thing to think about, especially since i'm only kind of a furry... But now that im thinking about it, Sabrina
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I am thoroughly amused that "Bino" has a crush on Sabrina.

And ships Grapenut.
Bino

Post by Bino »

What can i say? I'm a changed dog!
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

Sorry to be that one guy who doesn't understand, but what in the world is I SHIP GRAPENUT? I get the Grapenut part, a combination of Grape and Peanut, but what's with the Ship part?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Box O Lions wrote:Sorry to be that one guy who doesn't understand, but what in the world is I SHIP GRAPENUT? I get the Grapenut part, a combination of Grape and Peanut, but what's with the Ship part?
Shipping is when you want two characters to be together romantically.
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

Is that internet terminology? Cause it sounds like it. hahaha Okay so it's a proposal. I get it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yes, it's an internet term. It's kind of like what Twilight fangirls (and some fanboys) do with Bella+Edward and Bella+Jacob. That's probably the most mainstream example.

That said, shipping is not necessarily referring to romance, but it usually is. As is the case with pretty much every Grapenut shipper.
Bino

Post by Bino »

Like me
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Don't forget about me ;)
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

But not me.

>_>

<_<

Don't hurt me.

But more on topic, Res. Not so much in a 'romantic' sense, but more of an 'I want to take him home with me' type thing. Really, he could use a hug. Unless physical contact is one of the things that freaks him out...
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

Coatl_Ruu I totally agree with you. He's the cutest stray I've seen and he's got talent to boot.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

This is off-topic, but Res is not a stray.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

Okay this is the last off-topic thing to post, don't get mad please. He was a stray. He isn't now but his emotional complexities are from his insecurities that were developed as a stray, that coupled with Mrs. Auburn being a perfectionist. But yeah the fact that he's a writer is what I like about him.