Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Why do you like Housepets? 
Author Message
Extremerator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Posts: 3958
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
The ensemble cast keeps things interesting.

_________________
Image
Image Image


Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Totally Not Rick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 8017
Images: 0
Location: Inside Your Mind
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Trolling Opportunities

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:37 pm
Posts: 471
Location: Abilene TX
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Because it's cute, and because its creator is one of the awesomest people ever, aside from his webcomicking abilities.

Also, what Diss said.


Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 1725
Location: Ponyville
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
It's one of the cutest things I've ever read

_________________
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Random_Fandom/index/
http://mariomarc.deviantart.com/

Looking for Love
Image


Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:48 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:39 am
Posts: 14
Location: New York
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
I love everything about Housepets, the style, the characters , story its all so great.


Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:57 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 571
Images: 0
Location: In the middle of the ocean, where the state looks like a gun.
 Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Because it is addicting...

_________________
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~


Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:59 am
Profile WWW
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1536
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
The furret pays well.


Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Totally Not Rick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 8017
Images: 0
Location: Inside Your Mind
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Yeah, but a man can only eat so many furret-snacks.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 571
Images: 0
Location: In the middle of the ocean, where the state looks like a gun.
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Dissension wrote:
Yeah, but a man can only eat so many furret-snacks.


...eventually eating the furret itself...

_________________
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~


Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
I think it is a very interesting hypothetical of what would happen if animals could talk and walk and read and think and how they would be treated and how they would develop and interact with and in society.


Last edited by Samson on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:38 am

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:08 pm
Posts: 6
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Because the characters are cute and funny of course!

But uh... if you want to know the real reason its because the comic is the only thing that gets me in touch with my roots with the furry fandom, besides my drawings...

Agh! That's too saddening I need listen to some upbeat music now. :D


Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3345
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
This may sound weird to y'all, but the reason I love Housepets! is because...it just feels like the comic has soul. That's the best way I can think of to describe it. There's a happy, positive, friendly FEEL to it all, like Pixar films. It's just good-natured fun that through excellent artwork and writing manages to transcend its medium to become something more.

Ya know what? I think I got it perfectly right earlier. Housepets! is the Pixar of webcomics.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:45 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
naylorfan90 wrote:
This may sound weird to y'all, but the reason I love Housepets! is because...it just feels like the comic has soul. That's the best way I can think of to describe it. There's a happy, positive, friendly FEEL to it all, like Pixar films. It's just good-natured fun that through excellent artwork and writing manages to transcend its medium to become something more.

Ya know what? I think I got it perfectly right earlier. Housepets! is the Pixar of webcomics.

I don't know how many of the most recent Pixar films you've seen if you think they're happy, positive and friendly :lol:

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:49 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3345
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Teh Brawler wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:
This may sound weird to y'all, but the reason I love Housepets! is because...it just feels like the comic has soul. That's the best way I can think of to describe it. There's a happy, positive, friendly FEEL to it all, like Pixar films. It's just good-natured fun that through excellent artwork and writing manages to transcend its medium to become something more.

Ya know what? I think I got it perfectly right earlier. Housepets! is the Pixar of webcomics.

I don't know how many of the most recent Pixar films you've seen if you think they're happy, positive and friendly :lol:


Oh, I suppose I didn't word that quite as well as I could've, but you know what I mean. There's just a an undertone of optimism, of how yes, there is sadness and darkness, but there's good stuff too, and that's the stuff important to hold on to. *scratches head in embarrassment* Sorry, I'm an English Major, I can't help but sound overly philosophical at times. :)


Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:02 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
naylorfan90 wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:
This may sound weird to y'all, but the reason I love Housepets! is because...it just feels like the comic has soul. That's the best way I can think of to describe it. There's a happy, positive, friendly FEEL to it all, like Pixar films. It's just good-natured fun that through excellent artwork and writing manages to transcend its medium to become something more.

Ya know what? I think I got it perfectly right earlier. Housepets! is the Pixar of webcomics.

I don't know how many of the most recent Pixar films you've seen if you think they're happy, positive and friendly :lol:


Oh, I suppose I didn't word that quite as well as I could've, but you know what I mean. There's just a an undertone of optimism, of how yes, there is sadness and darkness, but there's good stuff too, and that's the stuff important to hold on to. *scratches head in embarrassment* Sorry, I'm an English Major, I can't help but sound overly philosophical at times. :)

Oh, hush, it's not that big of a deal. I got what you meant. :)

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:36 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3345
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Hehe, thanks. :)


Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:23 pm
Profile YIM
Totally Not Rick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 8017
Images: 0
Location: Inside Your Mind
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Discussion about Pixar movies is not discussion about why you like the comic.

I like Housepets! for pretty much the same reasons as everyone else.

Oh, and I guess it's also still trolling opportunities.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 571
Images: 0
Location: In the middle of the ocean, where the state looks like a gun.
 Nuke Alert: Code Red
*gasp* Diss! Quick! Put your cool face on!

I still find Housepets! addicting, as it has this sort of funny, childish/adult humor that appeals to the adolescent age of transition in which the adolescent is bombarded with childish things and adult things at the same time, and since the selected peer group is not far from the selected demographic age of the comic, it appeals to them. And when you have an artist who's willing to explain to his viewers and able to participate and experiment with that age group and the community and his peers, it attracts more of these kind of intellectual people who actually understand the pop culture-ish jokes and messages behind what's given, whether intentional or not by the author.

Watch me make a paradox within a paradox.

_________________
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~


Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:07 am
Posts: 15
Location: Ummmm... Somewhere strange...
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Art style is some of the best I've seen, the story is very addicting, characters you can relate to, oh and it's hilarious!

_________________
I tell you, life ain't easy for a boy named Sue.
Image


Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:23 pm
Posts: 541
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Teh Brawler wrote:
I don't know how many of the most recent Pixar films you've seen if you think they're happy, positive and friendly :lol:

Toy Story 4: Apocalyplse

My friend and I tend to agree that I like Housepets becasue I "suffer from detatchment issues" after I stopped getting the newspaper at out house. Apparently I needed something to latch onto :lol:

Oh and it doesn't suck

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:25 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15599
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
If it replaced the void in your heart left by newspaper comics, then I'd say that's an upgrade! (Good) webcomics like Housepets! are so much better.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:29 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:58 pm
Posts: 883
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
its better than garfield plus characters i can relate to like king
and cutey style and not to mention the well planed story arks

_________________
it takes an idiot to do cool things that's why they're cool
soothing no?


Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3345
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
My love of Housepets! was only magnified by Sir Griffin's politeness, plus the awesomeness my fellow fans! :D


Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:38 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:42 pm
Posts: 308
Location: Insanity
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Though the artwork is definately unique and very adorable, the biggest thing that gets to read Housepets! is the writting. There's just something that's just absolutley charming about the dialouge that makes it so pleaseant to read. The writting have a sort of fatherly warm touch to them, and it treats the readers as if they have a brain. Rick's fantastic sense of humor, along with his clever references also make the comic series more enjoyable.

Another thing is that this a webcomic that is absolutley clean! Any comic that deals with anthropomorphic life tend to have a dark, raunchy (and I do mean raunchy) material, and whilst I'll admit it's good for some variety, it give people the wrong impression on furries (or people like me who just think that anthropomorphic life is just more unique looking). Rick's comic here is just pure clean fun, and it's (almost) family fun attitude always puts me in a happy mood.

I hope one day, I'll be able to achive this kind of heartwarming atmosphere with my writting.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:20 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15599
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Nitrosparxx wrote:
family fun attitude


Attachments:
2010-12-01-a-darker-turn.png
2010-12-01-a-darker-turn.png [ 65.53 KiB | Viewed 2951 times ]

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:42 pm
Posts: 308
Location: Insanity
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Well, I did say almost

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3345
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Sleet wrote:
Nitrosparxx wrote:
family fun attitude



Well-played, sir.


Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:41 pm
Profile YIM

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 20
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
mostly for the sense of nostalgia I kind of get, most of the arcs and what not give a feel of sort of a child's life, but modernized a bit, it also reminds me of lots of comic strip comics I used to read as a kid


and the art is pretty cool


Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:18 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:29 pm
Posts: 7
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
i like it becuse i can read it anywere and it is just plain asome

_________________
Go house pets!!!! And i am a dog lover i also cant spell most words


Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am
Posts: 3345
Location: Canterlot
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Nitrosparxx wrote:
Though the artwork is definately unique and very adorable, the biggest thing that gets to read Housepets! is the writting. There's just something that's just absolutley charming about the dialouge that makes it so pleaseant to read. The writting have a sort of fatherly warm touch to them, and it treats the readers as if they have a brain. Rick's fantastic sense of humor, along with his clever references also make the comic series more enjoyable.

Another thing is that this a webcomic that is absolutley clean! Any comic that deals with anthropomorphic life tend to have a dark, raunchy (and I do mean raunchy) material, and whilst I'll admit it's good for some variety, it give people the wrong impression on furries (or people like me who just think that anthropomorphic life is just more unique looking). Rick's comic here is just pure clean fun, and it's (almost) family fun attitude always puts me in a happy mood.

I hope one day, I'll be able to achive this kind of heartwarming atmosphere with my writting.


Congratulations Nitro, you just said all I was trying to say, only about a thousand times better than I managed. XD


Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:11 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:42 pm
Posts: 308
Location: Insanity
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
naylorfan90 wrote:
Nitrosparxx wrote:
Though the artwork is definately unique and very adorable, the biggest thing that gets to read Housepets! is the writting. There's just something that's just absolutley charming about the dialouge that makes it so pleaseant to read. The writting have a sort of fatherly warm touch to them, and it treats the readers as if they have a brain. Rick's fantastic sense of humor, along with his clever references also make the comic series more enjoyable.

Another thing is that this a webcomic that is absolutley clean! Any comic that deals with anthropomorphic life tend to have a dark, raunchy (and I do mean raunchy) material, and whilst I'll admit it's good for some variety, it give people the wrong impression on furries (or people like me who just think that anthropomorphic life is just more unique looking). Rick's comic here is just pure clean fun, and it's (almost) family fun attitude always puts me in a happy mood.

I hope one day, I'll be able to achive this kind of heartwarming atmosphere with my writting.


Congratulations Nitro, you just said all I was trying to say, only about a thousand times better than I managed. XD


Yeah I have a habbit of explaining why I like something like a reveiw. I guess I get that from watching countless episodes of Linkara's AT4W.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:10 am
Posts: 356
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
For me, it is because of the idea. Not alot of people can do things like this. It is like a sitcom, but Rick makes it better with the characters and execution. I mean, the mini arcs feel like Garfield strips except a lot better. THe characters have great development, and you just can't hate them, since their so funny. I loathe Garfield now, thanks to his attitude to everything. He is unlikable. But Hosuepets keeps thing fresh and funny. I could see these comics on a newspaper every morning. Heck, That is what Rick should do. But instead of getting payed for making them(IDK if does.) He shows us his work and it great.

YOu usually don't find these types of gems on the internet. Most of them are completely controlled by Companies. The Ironic thing is that not a lot of people know about it. Maybe that is a good thing. Companies can't take it over, and when Rick passes on in a far,far,far,far,far, far future, only the fans will try to restart it. So So I like housepets for its writing, it execution, the idea, and the fact that it will can not, will not, be corrupted by media. It stands alone from all the other comics. It is free and one of my favorite comics because of that. It is different than anything I have seen and I thank it for it

_________________
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!


Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
EmoPeanut wrote:
For me, it is because of the idea. Not alot of people can do things like this. It is like a sitcom, but Rick makes it better with the characters and execution. I mean, the mini arcs feel like Garfield strips except a lot better. THe characters have great development, and you just can't hate them, since their so funny. I loathe Garfield now, thanks to his attitude to everything. He is unlikable. But Hosuepets keeps thing fresh and funny. I could see these comics on a newspaper every morning. Heck, That is what Rick should do. But instead of getting payed for making them(IDK if does.) He shows us his work and it great.

YOu usually don't find these types of gems on the internet. Most of them are completely controlled by Companies. The Ironic thing is that not a lot of people know about it. Maybe that is a good thing. Companies can't take it over, and when Rick passes on in a far,far,far,far,far, far future, only the fans will try to restart it. So So I like housepets for its writing, it execution, the idea, and the fact that it will can not, will not, be corrupted by media. It stands alone from all the other comics. It is free and one of my favorite comics because of that. It is different than anything I have seen and I thank it for it

You'd actually be surprised how many cartoonists are freelance. They may be shown in newspapers, but they aren't owned by them. :P

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15599
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
If any of the webcomics I read would work in a newspaper, it'd be Housepets!

Unfortunately, it's still not for the best. It doesn't have too many self-contained jokes, which is a concern when you want your comic to appeal to as many people as possible. It's still pretty niche, even if it is extremely approachable as far as webcomics go.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 466
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
I love the bittersweet moments, it’s all so happy and loving but sadness and despair are never out of the question

the only way I can love Housepets more is if Grape was a Nazi.

_________________
Image


Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:48 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15599
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
She killed a Commie, what more do you want?

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 466
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
that is were I got the idea!

_________________
Image


Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:01 pm
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1536
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
It's fuzzy and funny animal without being overly furry.


Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:31 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:25 pm
Posts: 101
Images: 1
Location: LA
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
I like it because *chchhhchchchchhhchchchchhchchch* and *chchchchchcchhc*, sorry, I went through a tunnel... :mrgreen:

_________________
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Elephants are too big to fit in the Bible


Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 959
Location: My own world!
Post Re: Why do you like Housepets?
Why i like it? I like Housepets for... no reason, i like it because i like it, it can't be that simple?

_________________
Say my name... and every color iluminates...


Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:55 am
Profile YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.