Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Discuss the comic here
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Post by Gameb18oy »

I don’t know why, but I had a dumb thought of how the cast wound be like if they were in a death battle like in the hunger games or battle royale, and it got me thinking. Is there an arc idea that be most likely horrible for Rick to attempt but gives you a chuckle thinking about?
Tappy Too

Re: Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Post by Tappy Too »

Oh my goodness I had an idea like that too! :P
I actually even went far enough to write some stuff about it like who would win and who would kill who and even alternate routes-

Though it was all under the idea of it being a VR game to make it seem less gruesome.

To add a new idea to the thread, for some reason I can't get the idea of a Housepets Musical out of my head. No clue what it'd be about though.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Tappy Too wrote:Oh my goodness I had an idea like that too! :P
I actually even went far enough to write some stuff about it like who would win and who would kill who and even alternate routes-

Though it was all under the idea of it being a VR game to make it seem less gruesome.

To add a new idea to the thread, for some reason I can't get the idea of a Housepets Musical out of my head. No clue what it'd be about though.
Pretty good chance it would just be the broadway musical "Cats"
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

^^^^I love this idea and want it forever!!! :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Actually, a Housepets musical could work ... You'd have to take several shorter arcs and thread them through a major story line. The Joel-king-pete saga springs to mind as the "tentpole story" but it might be too much, too crowded. There are several love stories that might work as subplots, Fido and Sabrina and/or Zach and Jessica (love triumphs), Peanut-Grape-Max and/or Bino-Sasha-Fox (love lost). Fun to map out anyways...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gameb18oy wrote:I don’t know why, but I had a dumb thought of how the cast wound be like if they were in a death battle like in the hunger games or battle royale, and it got me thinking. Is there an arc idea that be most likely horrible for Rick to attempt but gives you a chuckle thinking about?
Gameb18oy wrote:in a death battle
*starts imagining something entirely different*

"Wiz why the heck did you pick a talking Pomeranian to pit against Yuske Yurameshi? And why is she floating?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:I don’t know why, but I had a dumb thought of how the cast wound be like if they were in a death battle like in the hunger games or battle royale, and it got me thinking. Is there an arc idea that be most likely horrible for Rick to attempt but gives you a chuckle thinking about?
Gameb18oy wrote:in a death battle
*starts imagining something entirely different*

"Wiz why the heck did you pick a talking Pomeranian to pit against Yuske Yurameshi? And why is she floating?"
Is that the yusuke from Persona 4? I suppose the cast getting transported into a video game world is an arc unlikely to happen... though like the musical idea, it’s not one I consider impossible
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

No clue who Buster is referring to, but it's not Yosuke from p4. His surname is "Hanamura."
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

It's a Yu Yu Hakusho reference :D
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

it's kinda hard to translate the way Boomstick talks to text without everything becoming vague and confusing...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Back when the comic was a year old and Maxwell got rejected by Grape on that Christmas special, I use to come up with this crazy idea that Maxwell would come up with all of these plans to woo Grape and have the audience ask "Where does he get all of that money?" Some examples include buying a swimming pool or getting on the cover of magazines.

then the answer would be - he's the cat Kingpin of Babylon Garden. Similar to how Ptah turned out.

In fact, thinking about it ~ Ptah pretty much became what I thought Max would be like if he was crooked. x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Photorealistic Housepets! (AKA GALLIFRAX Mark II)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I want Hatepets!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Thank you Diss for reminding me of that moment on the forum
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ah, memories ...... Okay, back on track. Bino decides he's gonna impress Duchess by winning a dance contest except he can't seem to get a band together. Then, to top it off, it turns out that X (insert favorite unexpected and long absent character here - Marvin, Terrance, or Griswold, say) emerges as a potential rival.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

A magical girl arc where Grape becomes a magical girl.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Dissension wrote:I want Hatepets!
*throws all the papers in the air*

Alrighty, then!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

... you know speaking of hatepets, would hell count as an alternate dimension? If not, it’s been awhile since we’ve seen that happen.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'd say so, Game. I don't think Rick's going to hurry back to Pandemonium for a while, but how about an arc where Eudoant comes to BGardens, maybe looking for the little demon that slipped out on him. In the process, Pete/Craig recognized her and tries to strike a deal to get his old form and powers back. Others who might make a deal with ol'four ears might include Badger/Steward, Thomas Camel, or even "four finger discount" Jack. Even Bino might make a good mark. Or Breel recognizes Eudoant and tries to get a celestial to confront her. Possibilities abound, eh?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Heh, maybe we should setup a spot for hopeful happening, for predicting stuff like that
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

We do, it's called Wild Mass Guessing.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

D-Rock wrote:We do, it's called Wild Mass Guessing.
Isn’t that more as the title said, Wild? I was thinking more like stuff we can talk about that a plot thread has been setup on already or something of that nature.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Tappy Too wrote:To add a new idea to the thread, for some reason I can't get the idea of a Housepets Musical out of my head. No clue what it'd be about though.
They already did a musical, Guys and Dolls (and Macbeth if you're counting the Witch and Hecate Dance Party!!! as enough to make it a musical).
NHWestoN wrote:I'd say so, Game. I don't think Rick's going to hurry back to Pandemonium for a while, but how about an arc where Eudoant comes to BGardens, maybe looking for the little demon that slipped out on him. In the process, Pete/Craig recognized her and tries to strike a deal to get his old form and powers back. Others who might make a deal with ol'four ears might include Badger/Steward, Thomas Camel, or even "four finger discount" Jack. Even Bino might make a good mark. Or Breel recognizes Eudoant and tries to get a celestial to confront her. Possibilities abound, eh?
Why do you still use female pronouns to refer to Eudoant?
Gameb18oy wrote:
D-Rock wrote:We do, it's called Wild Mass Guessing.
Isn’t that more as the title said, Wild? I was thinking more like stuff we can talk about that a plot thread has been setup on already or something of that nature.
No, you summed up Wild Mass Guessing pretty well with your previous post. Yes, if someone wanted to share a truly wild theory with no basis in fact, that would be the thread to go to, but in practice people use it more for how they think/want the comic to go when it's backed by some evidence, but not nearly enough to say in any more respectable topic. If your looking for a place less about predicting what will actually happen and more about what you want to happen, there is the Wish upon a star. thread for that.

As for an arc that would never happen, but is fun for me to think about: one of the animals (pet, zoo, or wild, I don't know) starts developing psychic powers and Tarot gets jealous.
The cape comes with the promotion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'm creative? ;)
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Tappy Too wrote:To add a new idea to the thread, for some reason I can't get the idea of a Housepets Musical out of my head. No clue what it'd be about though.
They already did a musical, Guys and Dolls (and Macbeth if you're counting the Witch and Hecate Dance Party!!! as enough to make it a musical).
No I don't mean like Imaginate. I mean like a full musical that isn't a re-creation of something that already exists; where everybody gets their own songs and most importantly, Bino gets an awesome villain song where he absolutely kill some to because he's the greatest singer in the neighbourhood. (Or so I like to believe)

And my Housepets musical vision also involves Joey and his nerd group rapping
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Tappy Too wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
No I don't mean like Imaginate. I mean like a full musical that isn't a re-creation of something that already exists; where everybody gets their own songs and most importantly, Bino gets an awesome villain song where he absolutely kill some to because he's the greatest singer in the neighbourhood. (Or so I like to believe)

And my Housepets musical vision also involves Joey and his nerd group rapping
that's similar to an old fan fic, the only difference is that it was existing songs in original situations. you can find it here
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The Barn Cats turn up, looking for Grape and Peanut … and they have the goods on the Rufus - Maxwell smooch to boot!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not sure what the goods on Rufus would do since he's dead. Kind of hard to blackmail a dead Australian shepherd.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

True, but Maxwell's still very much with us. Of course, the Barn Cats may not necessarily have known him, but then there's the lingering question of how he came to get dumped by Sabrina. Other than the fact Maxwell can at times be a first-class yutz....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I thought that Dragon was implied to sever Mabrina and then put Fibrina together so Pete could use him for the game?

Though with the way Max sometimes acts and the fact that Grape has a lot more tolerance than Sabrina, I'm sure they would have broken up eventually. Though it is entirely possible Sabrina wouldn't have ended up with Fido.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

An arc where Sabrina accidentally casts a love spell on Bino, and he falls for Grape.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Douglas Collier wrote:An arc where Sabrina accidentally casts a love spell on Bino, and he falls for Grape.
Then the tendency for his siblings all falling for animals that aren’t the same species as them would fit with him as well.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't mind if Bino ended up falling for another pet who wasn't a cat or dog. So far in terms of interspecies romance, we have a cat/dog, dog/mouse and a rabbit/opossum. Actually when I wasn't shipping Bino with another fan character from my writing partner, I was shipping him with Natalie (Bitalie).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... well, Custom Ink seems available. (Odd name, "Custom Ink" ... ) ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I wouldn't mind if Bino ended up falling for another pet who wasn't a cat or dog. So far in terms of interspecies romance, we have a cat/dog, dog/mouse and a rabbit/opossum. Actually when I wasn't shipping Bino with another fan character from my writing partner, I was shipping him with Natalie (Bitalie).
You forgot Ferret/Pine Marten
NHWestoN wrote:... well, Custom Ink seems available. (Odd name, "Custom Ink" ... ) ;)
... okay, it would never happen because Rick has setup Duchess as the girlfriend, but can you imagine Bino dating the surprisingly likable cult leader? (Considering how much I hate the cult itself, I find it bizarre how much I enjoy Custom Ink.) I like to imagine Custom picked her name for religious reasons
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'm guessing you like Ink because she's such a sweet creature. Her faith in Zachery is really more touching than it is grating (her devotion hasn't turned her into an obnoxious zealot). Her vulnerability when Tum shows up with Animal Control in tow (Fox and Mungo, actually) is genuinely cute. Especially charming is her loyalty and friendship with Jessica, who often makes her the butt of possum scorn and sarcasm, yet Ink is almost relentlessly kind to the cynical marsupial. In a way, Zach and Ink are both foils for Jessica's dark view of life and bristling wariness yet they also bring the out her softer, more compassionate side.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I don’t know if she’s strong enough to carry an arc on her own, but personally, I’d like it. Could also double to maybe develop the cult so it’s less irritating when it comes up
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It'ud be a bit dark, but Housepets! gone serious before - some event or situation that challenges Ink's faith, forcing her to work through both the actual crisis and recalibrating her convictions. How - or even if - the other ferals play roles in supporting this drama would also be complicated. You know Zach and Jess would ache to help Ink but chafe at doing anything to reinforce what they see as her delusions. Cory might come in as a less comic diversion player, instead serving as a provocateur villain or reluctant good guy. Some of the newcomers like Craig, Badger, or Trinket might also set up Ink's predicament by exploiting her good-hearted nature and leaving her in a jam.

One of the advantages of having a large and varied cast is that the maelstrom can reach back into the third or fourth row and unexpectedly bring a bit-player center stage and take us in New, wonderful directions. Rick's done that before. Why not Tum's Mom? Regards.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Another arc I wouldn't mind seeing being shown but probably won't be is to delve into Sasha's home life to see what it is like and how her owner treats her and the way she deals with it and if it is really as bad as we all assume.

I know it sounds a bit controversial but I did ask Diss about it and he said to just keep an eye on it.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:It'ud be a bit dark, but Housepets! gone serious before - some event or situation that challenges Ink's faith, forcing her to work through both the actual crisis and recalibrating her convictions. How - or even if - the other ferals play roles in supporting this drama would also be complicated. You know Zach and Jess would ache to help Ink but chafe at doing anything to reinforce what they see as her delusions. Cory might come in as a less comic diversion player, instead serving as a provocateur villain or reluctant good guy. Some of the newcomers like Craig, Badger, or Trinket might also set up Ink's predicament by exploiting her good-hearted nature and leaving her in a jam.

One of the advantages of having a large and varied cast is that the maelstrom can reach back into the third or fourth row and unexpectedly bring a bit-player center stage and take us in New, wonderful directions. Rick's done that before. Why not Tum's Mom? Regards.
Um, has Rick confirmed Steward’s name has changed? He might not be named Badger.