Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
Where are Dragon and Pete now? 

Post Where are Dragon and Pete now?
I just finished reading the comic from the start and I am curious what happened to dragon and Pete after the whole story with them ended and would be interesting to see where they are now.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Post Re: Where are Dragon and Pete now?
They were made mortal, and reappear at the end of the last Temple Crashers Arc. HERE

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:08 pm

They've been reincarnated as Craig and Draig, the new fox kits.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:08 pm
Profile WWW

D-Rock Wrote:
They've been reincarnated as Craig and Draig, the new fox kits.

Oh thanks both of you guys. I assumed for some reason they would have just been mortal as they were walking into the portal not a full reincarnation. My bad if I misread or didnt read something properly

Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:27 pm

They're mortal AND foxes … and their mom's a fox, too. Quite lovely, actually.....

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:48 pm

I really want to believe Kitsune is the father, mostly because Karishad I believe has actually been stated to not be so, but I’m betting we’re getting a new character if we even see him.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:08 pm

I don't think that they would be half-Celestial when the punishment for them was that they were supposed to be ALL human.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:20 am

I think the punishment was a full mortal lifetime, it didn't specify what type of mortal. Also, maybe they're left fatherless? From what I've read, fox pairs stay together as long as there's kits to raise or one dies. Maybe the reason that they showed up at the tree house was because they no longer had a father to care for them so they moved to get the support they need?

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:11 am
Profile WWW

I still think it’s funny that Kitsune chose the species of fox to be their mortal form - guess he is a bit biased. :P

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:27 am

Douglas Collier Wrote:
I still think it’s funny that Kitsune chose the species of fox to be their mortal form - guess he is a bit biased. :P

Also I have a feeling it also is because he knows how much that decision would tick them off. Not sure if this question requires that one panel of statue Kitsune lightly kinkshaming mortals, but you think he could be their dad? There are only two male mortal foxes in this comic, I think Kari has been deconfirmed and the other guy only appeared shortly in one comic of the black and white days
Edit: I just realized I had brought the idea of Kitsune up above, so sorry for repeating myself on that point

D-Rock Wrote:
I think the punishment was a full mortal lifetime, it didn't specify what type of mortal. Also, maybe they're left fatherless? From what I've read, fox pairs stay together as long as there's kits to raise or one dies. Maybe the reason that they showed up at the tree house was because they no longer had a father to care for them so they moved to get the support they need?

Well even if Kari isn’t the father, maybe that’s why he’s around, kinda filling the role due to whatever is keeping away the real Dad

Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:36 am

Well if there was another male fox in the early days of the comic, I think it would be easier to assume he was the father rather than Kari or Kitsune.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:03 pm
Smiley McSmiles

Y'all know it doesn't really have to be a character we've seen before, right? :P

Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Yeah, but isn't conservation of characters one of the big rules for writing?

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Obbl Wrote:
Y'all know it doesn't really have to be a character we've seen before, right? :P

Yeah, but Rick himself has said he feels he adds new characters a bit too often. Plus, I’m not really serious about my predictions, I’d just find it gratifying if I guess right.

Amazee Dayzee Wrote:
Well if there was another male fox in the early days of the comic, I think it would be easier to assume he was the father rather than Kari or Kitsune.

That one fox was one of the zoo animals, the guys who mostly just appeared in one comic total, (I’m so sorry my otter brethren, perhaps one day Rick will realize you’re too cute to not use more) the one reason I don’t think he’s a very strong candidate is how would he and Kix even meet? Honestly, both because Kari is a character I wouldn’t be surprised if he knows who Draig and Craig really are, and it be interesting to give Kari a bit of focus, the only time he’s been directly involved in an arc was the first temple crashers after all and he might need a new story role now that the temple is gone... though it’s Kari so I know the latter would never happen

Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:33 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Kari actually was working with Kari as a partner and that is why he seems to be so zany.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:40 pm

Amazee Dayzee Wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Kari actually was working with Kari as a partner and that is why he seems to be so zany.

There was a theory brought up on Kari being Kitsune’s avatar for a reason... you know I just realized, Kitsune disappeared when Kari showed up in the temple crashers arc didn’t he?

Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:14 am

I don't think Kari would let ANYBODY use him as an avatar. That is why I say a partnership is more likely.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:46 pm

Shifting slightly from the paternity question, an arc that might emerge is our two reluctant kits trying to enlist a third character into a scheme to recover their powers. Cory or Badger are both sufficiently nefarious and/or aggrieved to become fellow plotters. Or maybe even the I'll drink-demon might resurface for such a gambit.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:39 pm

Is that the demon that came home with Keene in exchange for helping Keene and Breel escape?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:06 am

Yeah. A number of fans have been anticipating his/her reappearance in this mortal sphere. And what if Eudoant comes looking for the little stinker?! (Well, if Celestials come to earth routinely, maybe Infernals do, too.. :evil: )

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:20 am

While I want Demon to return, I kinda would like a prankster type of character rather than a villain. A character that does some mean things but clearly isn’t malevolent. Demon seems kinda goofy, and honestly it’s a shame the first kinda reptile didn’t stick around for long on earth at least long enough for us to get a proper name for it. And I say kinda as there technically was another but I don’t know if this guy counts

http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/200 ... e-animals/ (also I just remembered Fluffy, and it was kinda unclear how much intelligence they had)

Actually, is there a reason reptiles don’t show up much in Housepets?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:37 am

Good question, G1B.

Regarding reptiles, Peanut had a run in with a snake at the reptile house. He made disparaging comments about reptilian intelligence and wound up somehow getting tricked into the snake cage. There was also a snake curled contentedly around a brawny forearm at the Wolf Pack's House party - he seemed quite engaged in the festivities. When Delusional Steve tried to terrify the Roos with that old Viper joke (I remembered that from YMCA Camp in the 1950s...sheesh!), the anxious marsupials recalled there was a viper in the zoo named Cathy. (What a sweet name for an extremely venomous creature … snark reference to the comic strip "Cathy" suspected but unsubstantiated). They just don't stick around. Bird characters, too, are rare and fleeting. (Remember Trinket?)

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:41 pm

NHWestoN Wrote:
Good question, G1B.

Regarding reptiles, Peanut had a run in with a snake at the reptile house. He made disparaging comments about reptilian intelligence and wound up somehow getting tricked into the snake cage. There was also a snake curled contentedly around a brawny forearm at the Wolf Pack's House party - he seemed quite engaged in the festivities. When Delusional Steve tried to terrify the Roos with that old Viper joke (I remembered that from YMCA Camp in the 1950s...sheesh!), the anxious marsupials recalled there was a viper in the zoo named Cathy. (What a sweet name for an extremely venomous creature … snark reference to the comic strip "Cathy" suspected but unsubstantiated). They just don't stick around. Bird characters, too, are rare and fleeting. (Remember Trinket?)

I think you should have brought up that chicken

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:44 pm

"What Chicken"? Oops! ;)

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:11 pm

It's like Zootopia. Birds and reptiles just aren't seen.

For more on this subject, lets see what two other webcomic characters think: http://www.savestatecomic.com/2016/03/layaway/

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:31 pm
Profile WWW

If she appears and glares at you then I hope you apologize unless you want your eyes pecked out.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Yeah, um, Fen … you're setting yourself up for what could be a really serious "beak-lashing", chum. `Course, come to think of it, has she even spoken? :?:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:07 pm

No she doesn't need to speak with the horrifying glare that she gives you if you joke about her and it looks like somebody else has another target so I could say you better run.

Now if you excuse me, I gotta be some place that isn't here.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]