Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ] 
2016/12/09 - Practical Joke 
Author Message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Posts: 3506
Location: Texas
Post 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
[2016/12/09 Practical Joke ]
Title Text: besides, you probably would have liked the space dragon's solution even less.

In her defense, it really is a delicate ritual. You need to hit just right to avoid permanent damage.

_________________
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Image
Image


Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:04 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:32 pm
Posts: 1118
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Hmm, if Dragon had taken Sasha as an avatar I'm thinking Sailor Moondoggie.


Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm
Posts: 3591
Location: Virginia
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Well sometimes violence is the answer. :lol:

Also why does this strip remind me of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ctb-Pb3lc

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 624
Location: Home
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
I see, the ancient "Blow to the head" technique, yes it has worked in the past

_________________
Image

Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go ! http://gabebold.deviantart.com/

Pelea por lo que quieres y no desesperes si algo no anda bien
¡Hoy puede ser un gran día, y mañana también !


Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:05 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 6988
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Doesn't that invalidate the warranty?

I can give you a few more seconds
‘cuase you’re all absolutely crazy!
I’ve been dragged back through heck
Today and your moral sense is hazy!
You’ve got ONE final chance, Fox,
To prove that you’re not insane!
Your friend has to prove magic is real…
Did she just whack her upside the brain?
That’s it! When she wakes we go in
And face the wrath of the boss.
If this is the way you uphold the law,
Trust me, Fox, you’ll be no loss.

_________________
The avatar is Leslie the kitten from Richmond Acres.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 5569
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
You so do not like simple solutions, Tarot. You just wanted payback from Sasha's diss :3

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image
Image


Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 9
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
That must be one durable CrystalTab.


Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:32 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:32 pm
Posts: 1118
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
I do kinda feel bad for Mungo since he's just doing his job, but even if you don't know Sasha, the way she's acting would be really bizarre for anyone. I thought her "I know exactly how to damage brake lines" thing was a lightbulb moment for Fox but it turned out only to be noticing her lockpick skills to run again. Fox is being stupid but Mungo is ignoring obvious things and assuming the worst of Fox (by arresting him), when Sasha's creepy unchanging expression and lack of reaction to being tackled by accident should be a sign that something is wrong with her. We only see still images but in real-time it should have been pretty obvious that she was assaulting Fox with muchas smooches, not Fox colluding with her to escape the law. So now that he's seen he took her to a fortune teller (I'm assuming the locals know about Tarot not being "normal" at the very least :lol: ) and isn't actually trying to run maybe he's finally starting to believe that something weird is going on.

That, and Fox can sure work those puppy eyes...

Hmm, maybe Tarot can smell that it's not really Sasha (thus the immediate KO) while Fox can't because he has a skull full of ferret musk.


Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:31 am
Posts: 375
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
I really like how Mungo pouts in the second panel :mrgreen:
You can say what you want, but he has a lot of patience.
Now I wonder what will happen, now that Sasha is knocked out.


Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:20 am
Posts: 30
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Cognitive re-calibration, the old fashioned way.

Well, if it worked for Hawkeye...


Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:57 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:45 am
Posts: 344
Location: UK
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Well Fox, you only gave her 15 seconds. Not a lot of options.


Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:28 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 10:16 am
Posts: 65
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Tarot hit the reset button! Keeping my fingers crossed that it worked.


Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:39 am
Posts: 78
Location: From the land of Coolsville
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Ahh and this is why Tarot is best gal :D , least to me anyways :lol:
And she mentioned Spirit Dragon?!?!, are they back in communication with each other or something?

_________________
....Count on it!


Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:45 pm
Posts: 213
Location: Peeking In Your Window
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Well then, I glad Mungo doesn't seem like the "bad guy" anymore.
I'm also glad that all Sasha needed was a good thwack to the head after Fox put his job on the line for her, but also a little disappointed since there was no demon to have a fight with.

_________________
Turn Around...
What? You Thought Someone Was There?

Image


Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:02 pm
Posts: 30
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Sorry to be that guy, but in the words of Smokey from Friday:

"You got knocked the fug out, man!"


Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:00 pm
Posts: 40
Location: OHIO
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Psychological Progress goes "THWACK"! I think I spelled that right...

All right, everyone -- this bonk on the head will probably prove one of three things --

1. Sasha was brainwashed (probably by the obedience school)
2. Sasha was being overtaken by a celestial power
3. Sasha was acting of her own volition and nothing changes with the bonk on the head.

I'm guessing 75% chance it's number one, 20% percent chance two and 5% chance Pete is being evil. Anyone have another possibility at this juncture?


Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:37 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:41 am
Posts: 20
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
The way Mungo is drawn and the 'I guess' reminds me of the panel kc green drew with gunshow. (Don't have image on hand but I'll assume we know what I'm talking about).


Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:16 am
Posts: 357
Images: 70
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Well then.....i guess when in doubt, knock em out!


Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:09 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:58 pm
Posts: 152
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
I admit i am confounded at how hitting her with a crystal...... Slab.... will fix anything, but it wouldn't be the first time something unexpected happened XD

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:48 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 6988
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Adoring Fan Wrote:
I admit i am confounded at how hitting her with a crystal...... Slab.... will fix anything, but it wouldn't be the first time something unexpected happened XD

That is NOT a Crystal Slab.

It's a MAGIC Crystal Slab!

_________________
The avatar is Leslie the kitten from Richmond Acres.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 12:00 pm
Posts: 280
Location: East lansing, MI
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
>bonk<, not >Thwack<. It's a crystal. Nice, rigid, heavy. Like a cast iron skillet. >Thwack< is the sound of a stick. >Bonk< is the sound of a skillet.

It shoulda been >bonk<!

_________________
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.


Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 5569
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
I never heard a crystal hit a surface before, but from what i read, it would sound similar to being hit in the head with a flat board. I would likely hear more of a "whomp" or "clunk" noise. Also - Thwack is cool.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image
Image


Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:42 pm
Profile
Banner Artist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:33 pm
Posts: 1318
Images: 13
Location: A 3 dimensional shape with so many sides that you'd think it didn't have any at all. It does.
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
tychoaussie Wrote:
>bonk<, not >Thwack<. It's a crystal. Nice, rigid, heavy. Like a cast iron skillet. >Thwack< is the sound of a stick. >Bonk< is the sound of a skillet.

It shoulda been >bonk<!

But that's the sound of a skillet, not the sound of a crystal. They're made of 2 different materials, are shaped differently, and are different densities.

But that begs the question: what sound does a crystal make?

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:35 am
Posts: 2634
Images: 0
Location: Italy
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Cute begging Fox. :D Thank you for your eternal patience, Mungo. :) You think to need only fifteen more seconds? ;) So Tarot, that's it? That's your ritual? :P The hit sounded so hard, it must really hurt. :? Let's hope it'll fix Sasha's problem, because usually you don't use simple solutions, Tarot. :P I guess that thing got again stuck with another upgrading, so, you found that good use of it. :lol:

_________________
Image Image
Image
Image


Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 4458
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
It's inverse phrenology.

Instead of trying to figure out the bumps on her head, it's much more efficient to just create the bumps you need.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @


Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:06 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:38 am
Posts: 11
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
meanwhile Mungo´s reaction is like this old reaction image

Image


Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:58 pm
Posts: 152
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
You know Mungo keeps saying that they are in trouble but... well....The only two that know any of what is going on is them. all they have to say is "We were following some possible leads that didn't pan out" and they are both in the clear because the only one to contradict them is someone that appears to be out of there head. Even with the short radio call all he needs to say is "Yeah i was mistaken".

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:20 am
Posts: 30
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Timon64 Wrote:
And she mentioned Spirit Dragon?!?!, are they back in communication with each other or something?

guru4567 Wrote:
I'm guessing 75% chance it's number one, 20% percent chance two and 5% chance Pete is being evil.


Pete and Dragon are currently in the process of being reborn as powerless mortals that may or may not have any memory of being demigods, aren't they? I think they've been effectively knocked out of any supernatural involvement. For a fair while at least.

Speaking of, is Rick ever going to reveal their reincarnations, or are those two gone from the story for good? Come to think of it, would we even know it's them if they did show up? They probably won't look the same.


Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 4:06 pm
Posts: 43
Location: United States, in the land of chickens
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Adoring Fan Wrote:
I admit i am confounded at how hitting her with a crystal...... Slab.... will fix anything, but it wouldn't be the first time something unexpected happened XD

Well, I mean, that's what used to help when my old Compaq computer used to act up. Computer giving you trouble? Try giving it a decisive smack, it will solve about 95% of your problems xD

_________________
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404


Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:22 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Hispanorum Imperium
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
VoidGaming404 Wrote:
Adoring Fan Wrote:
I admit i am confounded at how hitting her with a crystal...... Slab.... will fix anything, but it wouldn't be the first time something unexpected happened XD

Well, I mean, that's what used to help when my old Compaq computer used to act up. Computer giving you trouble? Try giving it a decisive smack, it will solve about 95% of your problems xD

This triggers me as the IT guy

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 4:06 pm
Posts: 43
Location: United States, in the land of chickens
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Not A Furry Wrote:
VoidGaming404 Wrote:
Adoring Fan Wrote:
I admit i am confounded at how hitting her with a crystal...... Slab.... will fix anything, but it wouldn't be the first time something unexpected happened XD

Well, I mean, that's what used to help when my old Compaq computer used to act up. Computer giving you trouble? Try giving it a decisive smack, it will solve about 95% of your problems xD

This triggers me as the IT guy

What does? The fact that I hit my computer, or that I still had a fossil for a pc? I'm well aware it can cause damage to hit the PC tower, but I can't say it didn't work for me :P

_________________
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404


Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:22 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Hispanorum Imperium
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
yes.

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:06 am
Posts: 3
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Tablet to the Head?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97iqWyXobUU

_________________
This is not the signature you were looking for. *click* Move along.


Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:11 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:44 pm
Posts: 941
Location: Argentina
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Argent Wrote:
It's inverse phrenology.

Instead of trying to figure out the bumps on her head, it's much more efficient to just create the bumps you need.

Maybe It's psychological warfare, who knows.

_________________
Got a new blog!
https://genstarblog.blogspot.com/
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/genstar_
Da bad translations by Render:
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=772199#p772199

I feel so lonely... :cry:


Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 4:06 pm
Posts: 43
Location: United States, in the land of chickens
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Maryalee Wrote:

...And one more for Jenny and the wimp

_________________
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404


Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:27 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 16611
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Hah. I love the anticlimax. Tarot is great.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:48 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:43 am
Posts: 168
Location: Somewhere in a river on the Miltons' estate.
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
leinglo Wrote:
Timon64 Wrote:
And she mentioned Spirit Dragon?!?!, are they back in communication with each other or something?

guru4567 Wrote:
I'm guessing 75% chance it's number one, 20% percent chance two and 5% chance Pete is being evil.


Pete and Dragon are currently in the process of being reborn as powerless mortals that may or may not have any memory of being demigods, aren't they? I think they've been effectively knocked out of any supernatural involvement. For a fair while at least.

Speaking of, is Rick ever going to reveal their reincarnations, or are those two gone from the story for good? Come to think of it, would we even know it's them if they did show up? They probably won't look the same.

The thing is, the celestials exist outside of time. Sure, Pete and Dragon will spend a minimum of sixty years as mortals, but once they're back to demigod status, what's stopping them from coming back to now?

_________________
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Image


Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:20 am
Posts: 30
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Naro Rivers Wrote:
leinglo Wrote:
Timon64 Wrote:
And she mentioned Spirit Dragon?!?!, are they back in communication with each other or something?

guru4567 Wrote:
I'm guessing 75% chance it's number one, 20% percent chance two and 5% chance Pete is being evil.


Pete and Dragon are currently in the process of being reborn as powerless mortals that may or may not have any memory of being demigods, aren't they? I think they've been effectively knocked out of any supernatural involvement. For a fair while at least.

Speaking of, is Rick ever going to reveal their reincarnations, or are those two gone from the story for good? Come to think of it, would we even know it's them if they did show up? They probably won't look the same.

The thing is, the celestials exist outside of time. Sure, Pete and Dragon will spend a minimum of sixty years as mortals, but once they're back to demigod status, what's stopping them from coming back to now?

I'm guessing the same thing that would stop them from going back or forward from an infinite number of tomorrows and yesterdays and having an infinite number of temporal clones of themselves in one place and I suddenly taste copper I'm going to stop thinking about this now.


Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:09 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 1805
Images: 2
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
leinglo Wrote:
Naro Rivers Wrote:
The thing is, the celestials exist outside of time. Sure, Pete and Dragon will spend a minimum of sixty years as mortals, but once they're back to demigod status, what's stopping them from coming back to now?

I'm guessing the same thing that would stop them from going back or forward from an infinite number of tomorrows and yesterdays and having an infinite number of temporal clones of themselves in one place and I suddenly taste copper I'm going to stop thinking about this now.


Except that was being prevented by the rules of the game, which are no longer in effect...

_________________
Characters


Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:32 pm
Posts: 1118
Post Re: 2016/12/09 - Practical Joke
Also Mungo's just as bad a doggie as Fox is since he was told to STAY. STAY. And he did not. Bad, bad dog! He'll be smacked on the nose with a newspaper! :P


Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:03 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.