Wild Mass Guessing

Discuss the comic here
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Like I said, they were sentenced to 100 mortal years as mortals. There is no way if there were to restart the game that ANYBODY currently can be involved. They will all have died from old age.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Like I said, they were sentenced to 100 mortal years as mortals. There is no way if there were to restart the game that ANYBODY currently can be involved. They will all have died from old age.
That would be assuming they got turned into humans.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Yes, based on the punishment, it seems unlikely that the Cosmic Nerds will be playing with the cast we know. Also given that there are billions of other universes to play in, it seems unlikely that they would choose to play in the Housepets! universe again. But regardless of if/when/where they do play U&U again later, it seems they may take the lessons they learn here to heart, or not... The world may never know! :P

-----

Peanut was a secret agent sent undercover with unsuspecting owners to Babylon Gardens in order to gather intelligence for the rival neighborhood of Nolybab Snedrag, but he was quietly taken out and replaced by a doppelganger around the time of the art style change, and no one was the wiser. 8-)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That's actually a pretty good theory.
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

Obbl wrote:Yes, based on the punishment, it seems unlikely that the Cosmic Nerds will be playing with the cast we know. Also given that there are billions of other universes to play in, it seems unlikely that they would choose to play in the Housepets! universe again. But regardless of if/when/where they do play U&U again later, it seems they may take the lessons they learn here to heart, or not... The world may never know! :P

-----

Peanut was a secret agent sent undercover with unsuspecting owners to Babylon Gardens in order to gather intelligence for the rival neighborhood of Nolybab Snedrag, but he was quietly taken out and replaced by a doppelganger around the time of the art style change, and no one was the wiser. 8-)
What confused me is when the Dragon showed up in her world, but as opposed to being some mighty palace it looked like a teenage girl's bedroom, probably because that's exactly what it was. Is the Housepets universe really just their D&D(oops, U&U) game within a much larger world of their own?

Or is this all irrelevant because the Housepets universe is just one webcomic artist's imagination anyway? :roll:
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

No, the Housepets! universe is real - Rick is just channeling it. ;)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Obbl wrote:Yes, based on the punishment, it seems unlikely that the Cosmic Nerds will be playing with the cast we know. Also given that there are billions of other universes to play in, it seems unlikely that they would choose to play in the Housepets! universe again. But regardless of if/when/where they do play U&U again later, it seems they may take the lessons they learn here to heart, or not... The world may never know! :P
Yeah, but who's to say they won't leave, not without leaving their ex-players some lovely parting "gifts" as a token of apology before they decide to part ways with the HP World? ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh God. I shutter to think what the parting gifts are.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

I wasn't implying that the gifts would be given out of vengeance, if that's what you're thinking (originally, I was referring to the Temple and Mana, but those weren't gifts given on purpose). I meant something nicer, like a time skip ability or limited magic powers or something harmless that could be useful to them someday.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well if that is the case, I would assume that Tarot and Sabrina would get their powers back.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Well, their powers were only backed up by them, and if they won't be around, maybe they get pendants that carry a limited supply of their energy/magic? Or maybe they all get their battle costumes back (or in Tarot's case, her Beast mode in which she can change at will).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would love it if Tarot could become a beast again!
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Yeah, it would make as a nice Security system to scare off intruders. :P

Anyways, one last thing I have to ask about the game (and then it's back to more wild guessing): Since Pete and Dragon lost, and Great Kitsune was the Game Master, wouldn't that mean he won by default? If so, wouldn't that mean he's be the new leader of the celestial group that fights arch demons or something of that caliber?
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

In D&D at least, the Dungeon Master doesn't "win" or "lose."

A Dungeon Master who sics a Balrog on level 1 players is known as a jerk, not a winner.

The Dungeon Master's success doesn't depend on whether the players win or lose, it depends on how much the players enjoy the experience and by making sure that they have a challenging yet fair game that's always fun. It's a lot like what it takes to be a successful writer, and for the same reason.
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just wanna see GK again. He was my favorite Celestial.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

So... the point of my post was to try to steer this back on topic... ;)
Thus...
*Rocks fall. Everyone gets back to the topic* :twisted:
...in a calm and orderly fashion :D
Douglas Collier

The mods will make cameo appearances in the comic.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Obbl wrote:So... the point of my post was to try to steer this back on topic... ;)
Thus...
*Rocks fall. Everyone gets back to the topic* :twisted:
...in a calm and orderly fashion :D
Well.. Could you point me in the direction where I could continue this conversation, because I was really getting interested.

Oh, and after successfully stealing his Zach's collar, Cilantro (Cody) begins a new life living among the housepets of Babylon Gardens. Upon arriving, he is almost struck by a passing Bicycle (the kind that are for two), and the people on the bicycle are a loving young couple who nurse him back to health and adopt him as their own. Cody's plan works, and he's keeps the couple into believing that he's still a Cat or Dog (or whatever animal he's trying to pass off as), but, unbeknownst to him, the loving young couple are actually Great Kitsune and Cerberus in human disguise!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oooooh! I like that idea! Rick if you are reading this, go for it!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Zach is not a rabbit but a fennec fox who is really good with make-up.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Douglas Collier

Bino is really a cat with serious denial issues.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Grape's original owner is still out there somewhere.
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

The demigods are actually a part of a roleplaying game played by roleplaying game characters played by roleplaying game characters played by roleplaying game characters played by...
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

While everyone was at King and Bailey's Wedding, Bino and Dutchess were secretly away on a covert ops mission, as they were enlisted by the U.S. Government to stop a mad Rat Scientist from destroying all the world's chew toys!

(On a side note, it's still a bummer we never got a one-off strip of those two following the Wedding)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Duchess's owner is Donald Trump.
Douglas Collier

Pete and Dragon will have their own spinoff comic.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hopefully a lot of slapstick will be involved. xD
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

We soon find out Bino is an anime fan, likes to read, and collects troll dolls. He hides this for fear of being called names. Duchess then makes him give it all away... :|
My characters
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sasha ether gets together with Rex as he is a gentle giant or with Fox.
Douglas Collier

Purple is not Grape's natural fur color.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Or Grape has relatives that are in all different shades of purple. :mrgreen:
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

Or Grape's a member of a litter of seven, and while she's indigo, her siblings are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oooh! Oooh! And her mother's name is/was Rainbow!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Rex bakes cakes for the puppies at the animal shelter when it is their birthday. No one knows about this and assumes that since he is part of bino's gang, he goes there to recruit or train with real tough dogs from the streets when he goes.
My characters
Douglas Collier

Fox will be dragged into the rites of adulthood and will end up doing better than Bino without even trying.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I can really imagine Rex baking cakes for homeless shelter animals. Very sweet.
Douglas Collier

Daisy is really an alien spy whose translator is broken.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Daisy acts stupid on purpose but is actually quite intelligent.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Someday, I dunno if it'll happen though, but someday... a cat or dog is going to need a shave.

Bonus points if s/he finds it more naked than when the collar is off.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

King tried to shave but that didn't go too well.