Wild Mass Guessing

Discuss the comic here
EvanAierkan

Re: One Offs Set #24: Art is a Lie!!

Post by EvanAierkan »

Sinder wrote:like, they meet other pets who are identical to themselves, but all Frenchy
like they all have moustaches and berets or something
I'm not sure if I can resist the temptation to sketch that.
GameCobra

Re: One Offs Set #24: Art is a Lie!!

Post by GameCobra »

Sinder wrote:wacky summer vacation arc
the Sandwiches travel to Paris
but not before Grape gets frisked head-to-toe by airport security
and then she and Peanut have to fly coach, because they're pets
and coach is all like, crappy
then they arrive in Paris
which is hilariously stereotypically French
like, they meet other pets who are identical to themselves, but all Frenchy
like they all have moustaches and berets or something
even French-Grape
also, all the pets there drink orange soda, rather heavily
OR they drink wine, but it has no effect
anyway
and then Peanut eats escargot and likes it
and freaks out when it turns out to be snails
then they visit the Louvre, which happens in this strip
then Peanut and Grape share a kiss atop the Eiffel Tower under the moonlight
because Paris is the city of love and stuff
then they go home
and when they get back, Max asks if they saw anything cool while they were in Paris
and it turns out they accidentally brought back French-Peanut, or something

do it
Wouldn't you want to have Grape bribe hollywood with Paris's mass fortune love funds to send a hollywood version of Grape to Max, which Max could never tell the difference?

Afterall, Paris would consider a purple cat a messiah of love.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

the next one-off will be titled "The Artist Makes No Claims"

I have no Idea what it will be about.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Warranties, obviously.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Sasha met Duchess during the commercial Sasha starred in. She is the girlfriend of the mysterious Golden Retriever. That is why they are at the Dog Show, to cheer him on. We will soon know his name.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Duchess is a guy. That's why he called Sasha cute - he's hitting on her.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Alex wrote:Duchess is a guy. That's why he called Sasha cute - he's hitting on her.
but she said "as far as gender goes, we're missing nothing" implying that (s)he and Sasha are of the same gender.
SASHA'S A DUDE!!!
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Alex wrote:Duchess is a guy. That's why he called Sasha cute - he's hitting on her.
but she said "as far as gender goes, we're missing nothing" implying that she and Sasha are of the same gender.
Also there is this quote by Rick saying she is female
rickgriffin wrote:You might! Her personality is useful and I bothered to name her
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Grape (As Mrs. B): My Husband! *sees the Blood* What is that?!?
Maxwell (As MacBeth): *Looks around nervously* Blood. *To Mrs. B* My Lady, see if you can find any other clues, i'll be examining this. *Looks at the daggers* ...Hope this is not Duncan's Blood.
batfan66

Post by batfan66 »

Hi guys! This is a theory I’ve had for a while, since after the two Pete/King arcs. As my name may indicate, I’m a fan of Batman and other superheroes. This idea came to me because I figured I could explain it with stuff from the strip.

Throughout the series, we have seen:

Talking tigers: http://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/10/1 ... thy-brain/

Cosmic beings able to manipulate reality (and change humans into different forms): http://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/12/0 ... t-of-beef/

And the notion of superheroes (which doesn’t mean that there haven’t been any real superheroes): http://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/2 ... universes/

Due to these, I like to believe that sometime in the mid 1940s, a tiger named “Mr. Tawky-Tawny,” having been civilized a bit more successfully than Miles has been, moved to New York City and became a private detective. During the first few years he was active, Tawky-Tawny worked closely with Billy Batson, the young vessel for the "Captain Marvel” djinn created by the “wizard” Shazam.

Also, I like to think that Pete got into Heaven cuz it was the Spectre’s off-day. :lol: (nerd)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

At some point, Rick will do an arc that is a blatantly subtle reference to Team Fortress 2. Without breaking rating.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Teh Brawler wrote:At some point, Rick will do an arc that is a blatantly subtle reference to Team Fortress 2. Without breaking rating.
I'm a bit surprised he didn't try something like that with the Water Balloon War arc.

Edit: So I don't double post I want to throw this out here just in case. Rick said that something in the next strip might make people angry ("get him lynched" to paraphrase him) I suspected (as I said on twitter) its either Shipping related or Cosmic Nerd Related (or possibly both) but to throw out another possibility: Since Macbeth has a lot to do with Prophecies and what not, we could finally find out what the Prophecy Tarot told Grape and Peanut back in N-Piled Date is all about. (which actually could have to do with Shipping but that's kind of beside the point) Edit 2: Never mind Rick was just over reacting.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

This arc will finally confirm what we've all long suspected; Uncle Reuben is a time traveler from the ancient Aztecs who accidentally t'-trav'ed himself to the 21st century and moved to a quiet farm in the states to tirelessly pursue his goal of going back home. Unfortunately, the only way he would be able to obtain the relics of time travel was to turn to thievery.
Image Image
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Each arc from here on out will feature a well-known forum member as a villian.

Sleet stole the Aztec gold.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Teh Brawler wrote:Each arc from here on out will feature a well-known forum member as a villian.

I would love for this to be true. or at least for there to be cameos.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The crocodile from the Zoo has secretly been planning to kidnap Tarot for some time now, now knowing through the zoo that she's the avatar of Spirit Dragon. However, what we do not know is Spirit Dragon is a princess and the crocodile is from a long line of Koopas. After capturing Princess Spirit Dragon (and Tarot), it's up to Peanut with the help of his Purple cat to rescue Princess Spirit Dragon (and Tarot) and get a royal kiss from Princess Spirit Dragon (and Tarot)
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:Each arc from here on out will feature a well-known forum member as a villian.

I would love for this to be true. or at least for there to be cameos.
The reason I can see this NOT happening is because the instant someone found out that Rick was doing it, EVERYONE would want a cameo.
Last edited by Teh Brawler on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

then limit it to moderators. :P
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

I was thinking about this (while doing mind-numbing chores) and I came up with an elaborate theory as to where the whole situation with King and Pete is actually leading to.

Pete is a Deity, along with the Dragon and the Kitsune, and that this game of theirs is something the Deities came up with to settle disputes without battling over them. The dispute (in my opinion) might be over Heaven (The thrown of Heaven? The powers of a God? Who knows), Pete is not an honorable Deity and therefore the other two (or possibly more) turned on him (fearing he would win the game through finding loopholes in the rules, or possibly cheating) and stole his most potent powers (the powers he needs to play the game). With Pete weak the other Deities imprisoned him in that cave, and the Dragon was sent to watch the cave and ensure he is contained.

As for Pete's powers, the Deities might have merged them with a human soul (since the Deities can take animals as avatars the Deities could not merge it with an animals soul, nor could they keep it anywhere Pete couldn't find it if he escaped) and that human just happens to be Joel. The Deities plan was to imprison Pete long enough so that Joel would live his entire life and then die which would mean Pete's powers would be lost forever, all the Deities had to do is keep Pete contained until Joel has lived his life. (But they failed)

In order for Pete to get his powers back, which he can use to defend himself against the other Deities and allow him to make his moves on the game, he tranformed Joel into King in an attempt to convince Joel that he is now King, an animal, and if Joel is convinced he is an animal by forgetting he is human then Pete could possess King and take him as his avatar. (Perhaps Pete needs Joel's soul, that Watch, as a focus to possess King and regain his powers successfully).

I would think that Pete would escape and confront King to try to possess him (all that King would have to do is maintain the conviction that he is Joel and not King). As for what would happen...I really couldn't say.
Last edited by MilesKingford on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

the ferrets stole the artifacts
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
1boredcanadian

Post by 1boredcanadian »

Someone will be mad for me saying this but it might be a dream, within a dream, within a dream, within peanuts mind! :o
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

MilesKingford wrote:I was thinking about this (while doing mind-numbing chores) and I came up with an elaborate theory as to where the whole situation with King and Pete is actually leading to.

Pete is a Deity, along with the Dragon and the Kitsune, and that this game of theirs is something the Deities came up with to settle disputes without battling over them. The dispute (in my opinion) might be over Heaven (The thrown of Heaven? The powers of a God? Who knows), Pete is not an honorable Deity and therefore the other two (or possibly more) turned on him (fearing he would win the game through finding loopholes in the rules, or possibly cheating) and stole his most potent powers (the powers he needs to play the game). With Pete weak the other Deities imprisoned him in that cave, and the Dragon was sent to watch the cave and ensure he is contained.

As for Pete's powers, the Deities might have merged them with a human soul (since the Deities can take animals as avatars the Deities could not merge it with an animals soul, nor could they keep it anywhere Pete couldn't find it if he escaped) and that human just happens to be Joel. The Deities plan was to imprison Pete long enough so that Joel would live his entire life and then die which would mean Pete's powers would be lost forever, all the Deities had to do is keep Pete contained until Joel has lived his life. (But they failed)

In order for Pete to get his powers back, which he can use to defend himself against the other Deities and allow him to make his moves on the game, he tranformed Joel into King in an attempt to convince Joel that he is now King, an animal, and if Joel is convinced he is an animal by forgetting he is human then Pete could possess King and take him as his avatar. (Perhaps Pete needs Joel's soul, that Watch, as a focus to possess King and regain his powers successfully).

I would think that Pete would escape and confront King to try to possess him (all that King would have to do is maintain the conviction that he is Joel and not King). As for what would happen...I really couldn't say.
Here's the thing we know that they are more likely then not just the starting points for the players of the game. (I guess its still possible they it is something else but I find that highly unlikely at this point.) And if Dragon was sent to contain him in the Temple (it wasn't a cave) she would have acted more directly to stop them from freeing him, all she wanted to do was stop Pete from getting Grape as an Avatar (for reasons we don't yet understand) nothing more. Remember she even said that Grape and Peanut shouldn't worry about him after he was freed since there was nothing they could do about him. The danger had passed,Grape had rejected him as an Avatar. The "Beginning of the End" stuff she was talking about was nothing more then the beginning of the end of their little game.

Then you have what King said to Sabrina in "Not all Dogs" that "...A bunch of Larpers playing on Private Property." that Sabrina agreed with. I think everyone is over hyping The Cosmic Nerds. I truly believe they really are just that a bunch of Nerds playing a game similar to D&D, and I have been shown nothing to suggest otherwise. They are just a bunch of petty Nerds, nothing more, there is more likely then not no really good reason they are playing this stupid game and truth be told if there is a grand reason (like to save the universe or to become a god or something like that) then this comic will most likely Cerberus Syndrome right away after that and everyone knows it. I could be wrong about their reasons for playing the game of course but I highly, highly doubt that, as nothing has been shown that shows they are playing it for any really good reason. Remember even Rick said not to believe everything every character said as they could be lying or misinformed. (Now yes Sabrina agreeing with King could be her being misinformed or her lying to him about the game, however I take it on face value right now since it goes with everything else that has been shown up to this point)

Actually I think I going to throw this idea out there: Everyone's been saying that The Cosmic Nerds represent the D&D Alignment system (Pete= Evil Dragon= Good and Kitsune= Neutral) But what if they also are different types of liers? Pete will use deception and tricks to get what he wants, Dragon is prone to exaggeration and hyperbole, and Kitsune well I don't know enough about him to really guess. I know this is most likely crazy but I think I might be on to something here. So I'm going to run with it. Even if I'm wrong about what they represent (which is very, very, very likely since I came up with that idea like 2 minutes before writing it) I still think my idea about Dragon being prone to exaggeration and hyperbole might really be true.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I agree that the 'Cosmic Nerds' are just a bunch of friends playing a game for kicks. ;3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

If that's the case, I'd tell them to get out of my universe, we don't want them messing around with our lives and souls anymore. -_-

I think the Aztec gold of the current arc may carry a curse with it. :?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

The bats are the new main characters.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex

Post by Alex »

PhoenixAsper wrote:If that's the case, I'd tell them to get out of my universe, we don't want them messing around with our lives and souls anymore. -_-

I think the Aztec gold of the current arc may carry a curse with it. :?
The thieves won't be able to die until the gold is returned to its original place. Out of all the gold, only one coin will remain missing, and the one who has it will be Joey. But Sasha will be the key to lifting the curse.

Then Maxwell will be in a ghost story... again xD
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Ninkurou

K9 Meet Camazotz

Post by Ninkurou »

"The town of Tzinacatlan in Chiapas (Mexico) is inhabited by the Tzoctziles (people of the bat) from the Mayan family and the town of Tzinacantepec in the valley of Toluca. In the Popol Vuh (Mayan Bible), the bat is a great angel who descended from heaven in order to behead the first Mayan people, who were made of wood. He is the same heavenly Bat who in the Popol Vuh advised Ixbalanque and Hunab Ku what they should do in order to become victorious in the ordeal within the cavern of the Bat God.

We find the Tzinacan (bat) sketched upon steles, codices, and Mayan vessels holding the livery of the God of the air. He is shown with a nasal appendage and triangular teeth that protrude downwardly from the commissures of his lips. He was always sketched on Aztec hearths, goblets, and basins, like the vampires from the hot lands of the south of Mexico.

The Bat God has the power to heal any type of sickness; yet, he also has the power of cutting the silver cord of life that unites the physical body to the soul."

Im posting this here, since The Aztecs had a relation to the Mayan bat god. Bats Stole the Aztec Artifacs. Mystical creatures alreandy appeared. So, Its just for fun. If more persons want to see wires betwen bats and the artifacts... Thing that is happening now in the comic....
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

@ IceKitsune

I know that what I wrote will not actually happen, there is a very good chance that my theory (along with everyone elses probably) will not ever be written as part of the webcomic, and that is why I posted it. This thread is, after all, about wild guesses and mine was one, a wild and crazy guess that I could almost guarantee would not happen. If I were to make a real guess I would keep it to myself (I wouldn't want Rick to read it and then change the storyline :lol: ).
Last edited by MilesKingford on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ninkurou

Post by Ninkurou »

Hey Miles King ford...

Dont Fear to use your creativity! Nothing can stop us from thinking, from imagining! We have the right to do what we want, belive what we want, guess what we want...

This is the Basic of freedow!

I can say more, if someone prevents you from telling your guess, or insult you because of that, this person will not be a HUMAN but rather a evil personification of Authoritarianism!

No guess is impossible, nothing is impossible! So dont fear to tell!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sabrina stole the gold for imprtant magical purposes.
Fido won't know what to do and will quit the force.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

I could see this happening. :?

Or else he and Sabrina are now known to the K9s, and Kevin blabs one day. Dog Civil War commences. :roll:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

That mark on the back of the truck? Kevin's head print as he tackled the boxes. He was sent to hide and guard the gold during transport, but got excited when he saw something shiny in it. He tackled the boxes to peek in, and when he saw that he had broken something, he got nervous and hid it by burying it in a field behind the stop. This has become a K9 cover up to help Kevin out.......

No one will ever speak of it after the cover up becomes successful.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

that's real dark brosef
I like it!
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Ninkurou wrote:I can say more, if someone prevents you from telling your guess, or insult you because of that, this person will not be a HUMAN but rather a evil personification of Authoritarianism!

No guess is impossible, nothing is impossible! So dont fear to tell!
I don't think IceKitsune was trying to be spiteful, or attempting to gag me, just being a bit nit-picky. But you are kind to be concerned though. :)

And if I think of any more wild guesses I will be sure to post them whenever possible.

PS - Just call me Miles (I wish I just entered that during registration)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Fido ends up looking for advice on dating cats, and for totally not so suspicious reasons, asks for Maxwell's help. Of course, we all know the only reason Maxwell is giving expertly crafted advice in dating cats is because Maxwell happens to be giving Fido advice on how he use to date Sabrina, which Fido only finds suspicious at the last second but it nevertheless keeps everything solid for the two!

Then we reveal it was all a master plan by Grape and she used Maxwell's previous history with Sabrina as the perfect advice for Fido. She only wanted to keep Sabrina in good terms with Fido and pretty much used this whole scenario as a test for Maxwell since he's such a loudmouth!

Everything looks perfectly fine! ... until a dead chicken arrives at Peanut's dog house. DUN DUN DUN~
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Every female Housepets character is magic
Image Image
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

CaptainPea wrote:Every female Housepets character is magic
My counter: Grape.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Leafolawl wrote:
who says grape isnt secretly magic?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Seth wrote:
Leafolawl wrote:
who says grape isnt secretly magic?
She was able to hide the fact that she's female from everyone despite being naked all the time.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

[quote="RandomGeekNamedBrent[/quote]
My counter: Grape.[/quote]
who says grape isnt secretly magic?[/quote]
She was able to hide the fact that she's female from everyone despite being naked all the time.[/quote]
sounds pretty magic to me
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz