Cursed coin ~ transformation theories

Discuss the comic here
GameCobra

Cursed coin ~ transformation theories

Post by GameCobra »

You know you waaaaaaant it.

What do you think wouldhappen if certain humans got the coin? Who would you love to see them transformed into?

For me, I initially thought of Earl and Jill sandwich being your typical dog and cat, but then realized ~ They would totally be a monkey and a raccoon.

Earl the grease monkey.
Jill survived Raccoon city.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Champion Wallace

Re: Cursed coin ~ transformation theories

Post by Champion Wallace »

I would be curious if Mr. Bigglesworth(s) mother would turn into a Siamese and be indistinguishable from the rest of them. As for Earl and Jill Sandwich, I'd hope they would be turned into dogs so they can be literal dog people.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

At the rate things are going now, there soon aren't gonna be any humans left in the Housepets world. Which y'know, sorta helps out on the equality side of things.
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Champion Wallace

Stormrun wrote:At the rate things are going now, there soon aren't gonna be any humans left in the Housepets world. Which y'know, sorta helps out on the equality side of things.
(from xkcd by Randall Munroe)
As CHAOKOCartoons said, narrative structure dictates the number of transformations going forward should stay at a minimum (if any) for now.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It depends on how it's done. Noone theretically ever done it before in a comic from a story perspective from my understanding, but at the same time I prefer the more realistic approach the comic had. The short perspective is that I think the idea would be nice to see, but at the same time I want the humans to be the parents as they always been.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Stormrun wrote:At the rate things are going now, there soon aren't gonna be any humans left in the Housepets world. Which y'know, sorta helps out on the equality side of things.
Only if you assume the dynamic variable is time between transformations, rather than say, time being constant and the variable being the number of people transformed before the cycle restarts.

If it's the former then yes, but if it's the latter it'll be another few years before this happens again, and it just wont be one person, or two people, next time.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Buster wrote:
Only if you assume the dynamic variable is time between transformations, rather than say, time being constant and the variable being the number of people transformed before the cycle restarts.

If it's the former then yes, but if it's the latter it'll be another few years before this happens again, and it just wont be one person, or two people, next time.
Yeah, you're totally correct from the math perspective, and in all seriousness, I can't think of any other humans at the moment where a transformation would make sense from a story line perspective. Not that it makes it any less fun to speculate, however.
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Champion Wallace wrote:I would be curious if Mr. Bigglesworth(s) mother would turn into a Siamese and be indistinguishable from the rest of them. As for Earl and Jill Sandwich, I'd hope they would be turned into dogs so they can be literal dog people.
Jill would be a kangaroo
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GrayHimakar

Post by GrayHimakar »

You know, while thinking of possible transformations, the cursed coin could be a way to bring in new species.. Coming to think of it, have we seen reptiles and insects in Housepets? The comic seems to be similiar with Zootopia in terms of having mammalian characters only.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

There are sentient reptiles in the Housepets world. There's Kathy at the zoo. She may have even been the one who got in an argument with Peanut way back when.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Champion Wallace

GrayHimakar wrote:You know, while thinking of possible transformations, the cursed coin could be a way to bring in new species.. Coming to think of it, have we seen reptiles and insects in Housepets? The comic seems to be similiar with Zootopia in terms of having mammalian characters only.
rickgriffin wrote:All mammals, reptiles and birds [are sentient]. Some larger fish are (sharks), only pawwed mammals are bipedal.
source

Insects are not sentient, so they would make boring characters. The only insect in the comic I remember was eaten. In regards to mammals only, there have been at least two birds so far (1 and 2). I see where you're going with this though; without the coin, it would've been a lot harder to introduce a pair of camels to Babylon Gardens.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Just for the record, most animals are sentient in the real world. What humans are that animals aren't is sapient.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Besides Cathy from the Reptile House (Roosevelt refers to her as a viper and apparently they've chatted), there's a snake who makes an appearance at the Wolf House party, name not given.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

If Bill (Fox and Bailey's owner, I mean dad) were to touch the coin, I bet he'd turn into a rhinoceros! No, An african elephant! No, a wooly mammoth! No, a Tyranosaurus Rex! No, Mungo's identical twin!
Either that or a field mouse, because irony dictates the manliest man around be turned into something tiny and insignificant.

Also, it would be hilarious if The Old Man Who Speaks Only in Rhyme where to touch the coin and nothing happened.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

What's that old saw about a " bad penny" that keeps returning?
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

For a character who it could be interesting if he got transformed how about the never seen Mr. Robinson, Joel/King's father. Might be funny to see him turned into a corgi and forced to spend time with his son. Just wait until he meets his daughter-in-law and the grandpups.

Bill was mentioned earlier and it would be a karmic twist of an unusual kind if he got turned into a wolf. He was mean to them when they first moved in but warmed up to them so fast it would seem he dodged a bullet here...then again he apparently loves his steak so raw you wonder how he qualifies as a human.

Might be fun if Jeeves got it, give him a lively mustelid species that completely contrasts with his personality. On the one hand though he's always been loyal to the Miltons...on the other hand he seems like the kind of guy Steward might go after to hurt them.
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote: on the other hand he seems like the kind of guy Steward might go after to hurt them.
Never considered that he'd use the coin strategically like that, though I think that'd make any future arcs a lot more interesting from a stakes standpoint.
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Perhaps the coin would allow Steward to work his way up through body switches (such as exchanging a badger bod with Fox) until he could get to a new human physique. Say, going from Fox or Sasha (dogs) to Bill Lindburg or "Daddy" Hartford. He's apparently been embezzling from the Miltons for some time. Or, by switching an animal body with Jeeves, he'd return to his larcenous career while the poor, loyal Butler is trapped in Maxwell's or Marvin's carcass.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:For a character who it could be interesting if he got transformed how about the never seen Mr. Robinson, Joel/King's father. Might be funny to see him turned into a corgi and forced to spend time with his son. Just wait until he meets his daughter-in-law and the grandpups.

Bill was mentioned earlier and it would be a karmic twist of an unusual kind if he got turned into a wolf. He was mean to them when they first moved in but warmed up to them so fast it would seem he dodged a bullet here...then again he apparently loves his steak so raw you wonder how he qualifies as a human.

Might be fun if Jeeves got it, give him a lively mustelid species that completely contrasts with his personality. On the one hand though he's always been loyal to the Miltons...on the other hand he seems like the kind of guy Steward might go after to hurt them.
I have a theory. So far the only characters who have been transformed are human characters that we have seen the faces of. Joel was the first human ever to be shown completely. Steward and Thomas were two more. But despite ten years of the comics we have only seen the owners faces once. ONCE. Bill is the only exception which makes him a prime candidate. Not to mention it would be an interesting plot point if he was transformed and found out King is really Joel because of it. I'm still waiting for that conversation. Jeeves would not be worth the effort. I could see it but I don't think it would be worth it. Historically Butlers are left alone in stories unless they're murderers. Orwell Johnson (Joel's partner) would be a obvious choice and receive the same karmic punishment Joel got.
If I was writing this I would introduce new characters that would be the victims. Someone(s) young and volatile like Joel was back in the old days.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Oh wow, you know what just occurred to me?

What if Pete's, or one of the other people that was going to try to force reconciliation's, plan was to turn all humans into animals in the first place. I mean, think about it. If they turned all humans into animals, then there could be no more discrimination really, because there is no more distinction. There would also be a strong push for things like researching medical care or expanding things like handicapped services so that all animals benefited equally from society.
Elwood Blutarsky wrote:Might be fun if Jeeves got it, give him a lively mustelid species that completely contrasts with his personality. On the one hand though he's always been loyal to the Miltons...on the other hand he seems like the kind of guy Steward might go after to hurt them.
fenrirblack wrote:Jeeves would not be worth the effort. I could see it but I don't think it would be worth it. Historically Butlers are left alone in stories unless they're murderers.
If Jeeves was transformed, would it really matter? I mean, it's not like the ferrets care about his species, as long as it doesn't interfere with his job, which is to do things for him. Even then, if he was turned into something like a horse or a mouse, I can totally see them keeping him around anyway...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Oh wow, you know what just occurred to me?

What if Pete's, or one of the other people that was going to try to force reconciliation's, plan was to turn all humans into animals in the first place. I mean, think about it. If they turned all humans into animals, then there could be no more discrimination really, because there is no more distinction. There would also be a strong push for things like researching medical care or expanding things like handicapped services so that all animals benefited equally from society.
Years ago, I also thought that Pete either meant to turn all humans into animals, or all animals into humans. Dissenssion also proposed that he might have to equalize all beings by.... you know..k-killing everyone.

Whatever the case we never did get to see what his promise to "equalize all beings" really meant.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Silly Zealot wrote:Dissenssion also proposed that he might have to equalize all beings by.... you know..k-killing everyone.

Whatever the case we never did get to see what his promise to "equalize all beings" really meant.
I think it was obvious, even back then, that murder wasn't part of the plan. He's a jerk, not evil. Pete's plan was to do something that would suddenly force humans and animals to live in equality. The reason I bring it up was that, I kept wondering what he could do that would do that... But then I realized that he has a penchant for turning humans into animals, as in, that's pretty much the ONLY uniquely magical thing we ever see him doing, AND if he did it to the ENTIRE PLANET, then how would anyone be able to discriminate? It makes a lot of sense.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Nanimalz

Post by Nanimalz »

I'd be sad if all the humans disappeared in the comics even though they aren't necessarily vital.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

With the coin making it's return soon (one hopes) I wanted to create a list of possible scenarios that could happen starting with what I think will be most likely
  • New character is introduced to be transformed and the arc will revolve around their introduction to life as an animal
    One of the owners is transformed causing a similar "walk in a mile in my shoes" scenario to King's
    Random character is transformed such as Orwell Johnson again creating a "walk a mile in my shoes" scenario and King ends up helping whoever it is
    Steward plans to use the power of the coin to sway the opener cult into doing his bidding
    The coin is lost or retrieved before Steward or anyone else can use it so no one is transformed
    Someone is transformed and the pets have to stop Steward and retrieve the coin leading to an epic clash between the pets and feral over the coin's fate
    Pete and Dragon use the coin in an attempt to get their power back
    One of the pets use the coin accidentally transforming a random person
    One of the pets uses the coin on the owners in an ill guided attempt for power and dominance or to teach them a lesson
    Keene uses the coin to further the ECP by threatening the lawmakers with it
    The coins power causes the neighborhood to go to war with itself for control over its power
    King somehow ends up with the coin and is tempted to return to a life of crime with its power
It also could be a combination of two or three so who knows. Maybe something different all together. Or worse, the coin is never seen again...
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Someone might drop the Coin into "The Vending Machine Game!", thereby transforming the whole "Housepets!" WIKI - Fandom.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Honestly, I think it turns people into an animal related to them like how the dude with a camel turned into a camel.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I got bored so I decided to try to assign species to each of the human characters that show up on the Housepets! wikia.

Earl – Orangutan
Jill – Swan
Bill – Rat
Jeeves – Horse
Stanley (D’Angelo) – Lynx
Ryan – Bat
Jeff – Cougar
Jake – Panther
Jerry – Rabbit
Sasha’s father – Chicken
Daisy’s father – Squirrel
Rex’s father – Bull
Rex’s mother – Kangaroo
Bigglesworth’s’ mother – Siamese Cat
Res’s mother – Crow
Mr. London – Golden Retriever
Kevin’s father – Wolf
Limerick man (He looks like a Vernon) – Goat
Stranger danger – Duck
Celia – Alpaca
Vet – Lamb
Cameron the camera man – Hyena
Boom Mic Operator – Coyote
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

fenrirblack wrote:With the coin making it's return soon (one hopes) I wanted to create a list of possible scenarios that could happen starting with what I think will be most likely

New character is introduced to be transformed and the arc will revolve around their introduction to life as an animal .
And we have a winner! :D
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I’m happy as I’ve had a personal theory the coin only turns people into non-pet species, and with three around now, that theory now has some legs. Also, this is more an observation that amuses me more than anything else, I think King is the transformed human that really was that taken aback by being suddenly naked. Hopefully Marion finds a collar soon so his exposed neck isn’t put out there where everyone can see
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:I’m happy as I’ve had a personal theory the coin only turns people into non-pet species, and with three around now, that theory now has some legs. Also, this is more an observation that amuses me more than anything else, I think King is the transformed human that really was that taken aback by being suddenly naked. Hopefully Marion finds a collar soon so his exposed neck isn’t put out there where everyone can see
Oh, that actually helps explains the necklace and gives it more purpose for him wearing it other than sentimental value.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Might be able to imply that he's a pet. Better safety.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That depends if it is even legal to have an exotic pet in Babylon Gardens which is what I assume a squirrel falls under. Stranger danger had an alligator that he was gonna feed Fox, Max and Grape to so obviously he was not caring about what was legal at that point.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:I’m happy as I’ve had a personal theory the coin only turns people into non-pet species, and with three around now, that theory now has some legs. Also, this is more an observation that amuses me more than anything else, I think King is the transformed human that really was that taken aback by being suddenly naked. Hopefully Marion finds a collar soon so his exposed neck isn’t put out there where everyone can see
Oh, that actually helps explains the necklace and gives it more purpose for him wearing it other than sentimental value.
Rick doesn’t have to hold to that design to a T. He might or might not get the necklace, who can really tell? Will be amused if Rick was to change the letters though to D I S S. I am wondering more about if Marion is a specific breed considering he has a mask. It’s an odd detail for a squirrel
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
Rick doesn’t have to hold to that design to a T. He might or might not get the necklace, who can really tell? Will be amused if Rick was to change the letters though to D I S S. I am wondering more about if Marion is a specific breed considering he has a mask. It’s an odd detail for a squirrel
He has to be a Eastern Gray Squirrel. I don't think Rick would go out of his way to find some obscure subspecies for this. Plus the coloring fits. "The eastern gray squirrel has a gray black and white or plate underparts."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I doubt that Rick would intentionally make him look like Diss's character since that would open up a whole lotta can of worms and people would start wondering where the other administrators are gonna be in the comic. XD
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I doubt that Rick would intentionally make him look like Diss's character since that would open up a whole lotta can of worms and people would start wondering where the other administrators are gonna be in the comic. XD
I was only talking a reference, Marion at this point can’t be Diss design wise, just thought it be cute if the beads referenced the only squirrel furry I even know exists
Champion Wallace

The neckless in the picture looks like it has two strings, so maybe Marion had it as a human and now has to double it over to fit on his now smaller neck.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I doubt that Rick would intentionally make him look like Diss's character since that would open up a whole lotta can of worms and people would start wondering where the other administrators are gonna be in the comic. XD
As Fen said, it doesn't seem worth it for Rick Griffin to base Marion on an obscure subspecies of squirrel, so it would look like Dissension just because it's the same species. The character isn't named Dissension and he doesn't have a monopoly on the species. Even is the new character is based off Dissension that doesn't open up any worm cans as it would make Dissension the last of the administrators' characters to be in the comic. Rick Griffin and West of Heaven have both featured in a comic and Karishad's, well, Karishad.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

In case y'all didn't know, Diss already made a cameo appearance. Alongside Sleet, I believe. That comic of Rick as a Furret appearing was a guest comic, can't quite count that.
Champion Wallace

As someone who is not an expert on Dissension, how many tails does he have? If there was a strip Rick Griffin made with the Furret in it, I would've just linked that, though this I thought I covered my bases. If you're looking only for something Rick Griffin himself drew, there's Another Intermission, but vice-versa if you're looking for the Furret in an HP! strip, there's Burned Out.