Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Cursed coin ~ transformation theories 

Post Cursed coin ~ transformation theories
You know you waaaaaaant it.

What do you think wouldhappen if certain humans got the coin? Who would you love to see them transformed into?

For me, I initially thought of Earl and Jill sandwich being your typical dog and cat, but then realized ~ They would totally be a monkey and a raccoon.

Earl the grease monkey.
Jill survived Raccoon city.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:39 pm

Post Re: Cursed coin ~ transformation theories
I would be curious if Mr. Bigglesworth(s) mother would turn into a Siamese and be indistinguishable from the rest of them. As for Earl and Jill Sandwich, I'd hope they would be turned into dogs so they can be literal dog people.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:56 pm

At the rate things are going now, there soon aren't gonna be any humans left in the Housepets world. Which y'know, sorta helps out on the equality side of things.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Stormrun Wrote:
At the rate things are going now, there soon aren't gonna be any humans left in the Housepets world. Which y'know, sorta helps out on the equality side of things.
(from xkcd by Randall Munroe)
As CHAOKOCartoons said, narrative structure dictates the number of transformations going forward should stay at a minimum (if any) for now.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:16 pm

It depends on how it's done. Noone theretically ever done it before in a comic from a story perspective from my understanding, but at the same time I prefer the more realistic approach the comic had. The short perspective is that I think the idea would be nice to see, but at the same time I want the humans to be the parents as they always been.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Stormrun Wrote:
Only if you assume the dynamic variable is time between transformations, rather than say, time being constant and the variable being the number of people transformed before the cycle restarts.

If it's the former then yes, but if it's the latter it'll be another few years before this happens again, and it just wont be one person, or two people, next time.

Characters

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Buster Wrote:
Stormrun Wrote:
Only if you assume the dynamic variable is time between transformations, rather than say, time being constant and the variable being the number of people transformed before the cycle restarts.

If it's the former then yes, but if it's the latter it'll be another few years before this happens again, and it just wont be one person, or two people, next time.

Yeah, you're totally correct from the math perspective, and in all seriousness, I can't think of any other humans at the moment where a transformation would make sense from a story line perspective. Not that it makes it any less fun to speculate, however.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:53 pm
laughing maniacally

Champion Wallace Wrote:
I would be curious if Mr. Bigglesworth(s) mother would turn into a Siamese and be indistinguishable from the rest of them. As for Earl and Jill Sandwich, I'd hope they would be turned into dogs so they can be literal dog people.

Jill would be a kangaroo

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:59 am

You know, while thinking of possible transformations, the cursed coin could be a way to bring in new species.. Coming to think of it, have we seen reptiles and insects in Housepets? The comic seems to be similiar with Zootopia in terms of having mammalian characters only.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:50 pm

There are sentient reptiles in the Housepets world. There's Kathy at the zoo. She may have even been the one who got in an argument with Peanut way back when.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:08 am
Profile WWW

GrayHimakar Wrote:
You know, while thinking of possible transformations, the cursed coin could be a way to bring in new species.. Coming to think of it, have we seen reptiles and insects in Housepets? The comic seems to be similiar with Zootopia in terms of having mammalian characters only.

rickgriffin Wrote:
All mammals, reptiles and birds [are sentient]. Some larger fish are (sharks), only pawwed mammals are bipedal.

source

Insects are not sentient, so they would make boring characters. The only insect in the comic I remember was eaten. In regards to mammals only, there have been at least two birds so far (1 and 2). I see where you're going with this though; without the coin, it would've been a lot harder to introduce a pair of camels to Babylon Gardens.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:34 am
Bringing Foxy Back

Just for the record, most animals are sentient in the real world. What humans are that animals aren't is sapient.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:10 pm
Profile WWW

Don’t forget about Snakes.
http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/200 ... e-animals/

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:40 am

Besides Cathy from the Reptile House (Roosevelt refers to her as a viper and apparently they've chatted), there's a snake who makes an appearance at the Wolf House party, name not given.

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:39 pm

If Bill (Fox and Bailey's owner, I mean dad) were to touch the coin, I bet he'd turn into a rhinoceros! No, An african elephant! No, a wooly mammoth! No, a Tyranosaurus Rex! No, Mungo's identical twin!
Either that or a field mouse, because irony dictates the manliest man around be turned into something tiny and insignificant.

Also, it would be hilarious if The Old Man Who Speaks Only in Rhyme where to touch the coin and nothing happened.

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!

Tue May 01, 2018 4:01 pm

What's that old saw about a " bad penny" that keeps returning?

Wed May 02, 2018 4:32 am

For a character who it could be interesting if he got transformed how about the never seen Mr. Robinson, Joel/King's father. Might be funny to see him turned into a corgi and forced to spend time with his son. Just wait until he meets his daughter-in-law and the grandpups.

Bill was mentioned earlier and it would be a karmic twist of an unusual kind if he got turned into a wolf. He was mean to them when they first moved in but warmed up to them so fast it would seem he dodged a bullet here...then again he apparently loves his steak so raw you wonder how he qualifies as a human.

Might be fun if Jeeves got it, give him a lively mustelid species that completely contrasts with his personality. On the one hand though he's always been loyal to the Miltons...on the other hand he seems like the kind of guy Steward might go after to hurt them.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:54 pm

Elwood Blutarsky Wrote:
on the other hand he seems like the kind of guy Steward might go after to hurt them.

Never considered that he'd use the coin strategically like that, though I think that'd make any future arcs a lot more interesting from a stakes standpoint.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:01 am

Perhaps the coin would allow Steward to work his way up through body switches (such as exchanging a badger bod with Fox) until he could get to a new human physique. Say, going from Fox or Sasha (dogs) to Bill Lindburg or "Daddy" Hartford. He's apparently been embezzling from the Miltons for some time. Or, by switching an animal body with Jeeves, he'd return to his larcenous career while the poor, loyal Butler is trapped in Maxwell's or Marvin's carcass.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Elwood Blutarsky Wrote:
For a character who it could be interesting if he got transformed how about the never seen Mr. Robinson, Joel/King's father. Might be funny to see him turned into a corgi and forced to spend time with his son. Just wait until he meets his daughter-in-law and the grandpups.

Bill was mentioned earlier and it would be a karmic twist of an unusual kind if he got turned into a wolf. He was mean to them when they first moved in but warmed up to them so fast it would seem he dodged a bullet here...then again he apparently loves his steak so raw you wonder how he qualifies as a human.

Might be fun if Jeeves got it, give him a lively mustelid species that completely contrasts with his personality. On the one hand though he's always been loyal to the Miltons...on the other hand he seems like the kind of guy Steward might go after to hurt them.

I have a theory. So far the only characters who have been transformed are human characters that we have seen the faces of. Joel was the first human ever to be shown completely. Steward and Thomas were two more. But despite ten years of the comics we have only seen the owners faces once. ONCE. Bill is the only exception which makes him a prime candidate. Not to mention it would be an interesting plot point if he was transformed and found out King is really Joel because of it. I'm still waiting for that conversation. Jeeves would not be worth the effort. I could see it but I don't think it would be worth it. Historically Butlers are left alone in stories unless they're murderers. Orwell Johnson (Joel's partner) would be a obvious choice and receive the same karmic punishment Joel got.
If I was writing this I would introduce new characters that would be the victims. Someone(s) young and volatile like Joel was back in the old days.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]