Who is your favorite Housepets Character?

Discuss the comic here
SuperStar

Re: Who is your favorite Housepets Character?

Post by SuperStar »

@Shadowstar, Admittingly Fiddler did dance kind of weird during the Amusement Park World arc, but hey, he's playing a violin.

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/12/ ... he-ritz-2/
But here, it is Keys suggesting Night songs, and Fiddler who complains.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/08/ ... kill-cafe/
And here, I don't see what "You're suffocating me" has to do with anything.

Note: This post is in all good reasons, not trying to push down your opinion, just pointing stuff out.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

I see your point good sir.

As for the strip, King is adorably blunt and Bailey is in beautiful denial. ;)

P.S. This not a dream, nor is it reality; you are stuck in limbo or in an alternate universe. :ugeek:
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
William_David

Post by William_David »

My favorite character would have to be either king or peanut. King is awesome in some ways (pardon the language) an yet soft on the inside and kind of vulnerable while peanut is funny, playful, oblivious to a lot of things, and basically acts like a kid. Overall II would have to say I like King more due to his ability to overcome what has happened to him and make himself and others happier (except Pete) while waging an internal conflict on whether to be human or dog.
King is awesome!
CreativePr0cess

Post by CreativePr0cess »

Along with these, Fox, Grape, Joey, and Kar are some of my favs. I know about everyones favorite is Grape, but I never really saw why everyone liked her SO much. Don't get me wrong, she is a great character, but she was never my favorite. She's cool, sure, but otherwise I don't think she has much going for her... No offence.
5. Spo. Yah, okay, I'm weird. But Spo is SO entertaining, and to an extent, has more to his personality than meets the eye
4. Peanut. I definitely feel Peanut represents me, a lot. Me and him have ALOT in common.... That's not a good thing, is it?
3. King. Do I even need to explain? His personality is one of the few upfront ones, that you don't have to fish for to much.
2. Maxwell. Originally I didn't like him all that much, but when he blew up at Dragon, I realized just how deep his character is, and he had me.
(I should also say that Peanut, King, and Max always seem to be switching places, but the rest are usually set.)
1. Zach. I know, unpopular decisions and all. But Zachs personality is FREAKING fantastic! The fact he owns a diary at all says a lot about him. Along with that he is the Opener of Ways, so that's extra points. Plus he's cute... Look at him. Love him and cuddle him forever.
I cut off an inch from every straw I see so the world will suck a little less.
Venorik

Post by Venorik »

Personal favorite has to be Grape. I've always liked the strong female leads that do things their way when they encounter a problem and don't have to rely on others, while still having faults that make them more in depth then just a one 'solution fixes all' type of person. She also reminds me of both myself and my sister as we're all rather blunt, speak our minds and have a pretty solid sense of judgment on life.

Second favorite has to be Sabrina. Funny, cute, very sensible (as shown with her chat with Keene at the end of Temple Crashers). While she does have her secrets she's also very straight forward in her opinion (Once again shown at the end of Temple Crashers, but also at the end of Fido's Return. Fido's squiggly mouse is adorable when she silences him.)

Third favorite is, interestingly enough, Pete. I've noticed very few mention him (or add him to their list of least liked) despite being one of the more complicated characters. You're always wondering and guessing what he's planning, trying to figure out his methods, and even if you're right, Rick has given him enough diversity and interest that it's pretty hard to not to get involved whenever Pete comes up. While he is rather shallow personality wise, being the prideful, aggravating and sometimes downright jerk antagonist, he has stated that the mortals will get their happily-ever-after, therefore showing he still cares at least a bit about how everything ends. He's manipulative and cunning, but, as far as the court was concerned, devoid of destructive intent.

As for least favorites....... Bino. That's pretty much it. I've wanted to punch him in the snout so many times it isn't even funny...... well yah it's funny, cus usually he does get punched/mauled/hit with a pan anyway by another character.
Douglas Collier

Who is your favorite character?

Post by Douglas Collier »

EDIT: First comes KITSUNE Because he's awesome!!! :mrgreen:
Second, Res because he is very compassionate and a good writer, but at the same time quiet. :)
Third comes King, because he's got a lot of depth as a character (and because he's a human-turned-corgi ;)) .
Fourth comes Peanut because of his enthusiasm.

(Wow, I inadvertently resurrected this thread by starting a new one with the same title! :shock: )
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

I think that I have four different favorite characters in HP! so far...

The first being Res because I can relate to his shyness. The second being Joey because I'm a nerd and somewhat weird. The third being Peanut becuase I like to read... fan fiction... and I LOVE to play video games. The final favorite is none other than the dynamic musical duo Fiddler and Keys because, well, I LOVE MUSIC! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Top 5 are Maxwell, Fido, Ralph, Fox and Kevin
Saber-Sonic

Post by Saber-Sonic »

Mine has to be spirit dragon she stole my heart
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Saber-Sonic wrote:Mine has to be spirit dragon she stole my heart
She didn't steal mine. I willingly gave it to her along with my soul (whats left of it).
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Saber-Sonic

Post by Saber-Sonic »

Shadowstar23 wrote:
Saber-Sonic wrote:Mine has to be spirit dragon she stole my heart
She didn't steal mine. I willingly gave it to her along with my soul (whats left of it).
How true man how can you not love her? But to each there own and she is for me
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

King... or Bino... :|
So many flavors to choose from. :D
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Karishad is my favorite. He is hilarious because he is so random all the time.

I had the random thought that I could see Karishad suddenly bursting into "What does the fox say?" *Is bricked*. I could also see him bursting into Carmeldansen.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Several ... but I'm still boosting for Rick to do something with Daisy since her last appearance revealed she was not a peabrain. And since we also know now that Daisy is pals with Sasha, there's an interesting set-up for a story.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would like to change my answer over from just "Kevin" to "any character in the comic who is muscular and not dating anybody" please. =D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'm really enjoying how the puppies have emerged in this current arc, Draig and Pueblo, too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pueblo is slowly pulling in the lead, but only because I liked how he played Muldoon (and hoped that his character would somehow be spared).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:12 pm Pueblo is slowly pulling in the lead, but only because I liked how he played Muldoon (and hoped that his character would somehow be spared).
Th'kid's got talent.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think his facial expressions and his actions while playing him had something to do with it. =P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The way he's goin', it's never gonna be Steward Badger!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Which is such a shame as he is cute as a badger. LOL
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:25 pm Which is such a shame as he is cute as a badger. LOL
Badgers are neat creatures and often depicted as very wise - read Kenneth Graham's Wind in the Willows for confirmation (and a really wonderful story).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think we can all agree that Steward was wise when he was a human and he is sort of wise now but that may have gone out the window because now Steward is completely focused on bankrupting the Miltons.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Can I have two? Got to be King and Bailey, really what got me into this whole comic, their story got to me somehow and Kings a worrier like me :D
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:06 pm Can I have two? Got to be King and Bailey, really what got me into this whole comic, their story got to me somehow and Kings a worrier like me :D
Calling a couple makes sense to me. Sure.
roshancookies

Post by roshancookies »

I'm undecided between Grape and Maxwell for my favorite and second favorite character, and I'm pretty certain I would put King as my third favorite.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

roshancookies wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:05 pm I'm undecided between Grape and Maxwell for my favorite and second favorite character, and I'm pretty certain I would put King as my third favorite.
Aw, come on, with that gorgeous kitty in your avatar, you gotta be a Maxwell fan! ;)
roshancookies

Post by roshancookies »

Definitely! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So then Max first with Grape as your number 2? Max would be very happy with that I'm sure considering that everybody sees him or he thinks sees him as Grape's number 2.
roshancookies

Post by roshancookies »

Yeah, I would probably put Maxwell as my favorite character. I did a brief re-reading of a few of the arcs where he appears in a prominent role which confirmed it for me :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure if he knows that he is definitely your favorite character he will be incredibly happy with that.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maxwell has gone through a number of changes over the years. In the beginning, I didn't like him much, partly because I was kind of a "Grapenut". Gallifax Protocol, not everyone's favorite arc, I realize, revealed a softer, more vulnerable depth to the "kitty with the bell without the jingle". Since then, he's kinda grown on me. Haven't seen him tangle with Bino in a long time (that maybe another thread Rick has spun out to the end).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that if we see them together we will have them fighting each other and getting under the others skins and driving Jeff bonkers. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:43 pm I'm sure that if we see them together we will have them fighting each other and getting under the others skins and driving Jeff bonkers. :D
Aw, now I'm getting sentimental for some of the old arcs......... :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure at some point maybe Rick will consider revisiting some of them. :P
danivillso

Post by danivillso »

I just got say everyone in Housepets are cool, then there is no favorites for me :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Give it time and I'm sure some character will stick out for you. Its only natural to have favorites. ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

My baker’s dozen of favorites: (Be gentle!)

13: King & Squeak(tie): King’s devotion to Bailey and the pups is sweet and his anxiety is relatable . Squeak is a sweet girlfriend to Joey and I like how she tells off Spo.

12: Gale: A puma who can be a medic and seems to be pretty shrewd with money? I love it, plus she is very devoted to Pueblo. She also managed to capture a number of the wolves.

11: Pueblo: A good, sweet kid, er, cub, and his nervousness when Olive claimed him as her boyfriend was cute. Also he did really well in the Imaginate.

10: Dallas: He’s cute, generally sweet and I love that he likes Star Trek, and his knowledge of the “nerd” psyche.

9: Peanut: An imaginative, kind, though naive soul, I see a bit of myself in the Sandwich canine.

8: Bailey: A tolerant type, she is patient with King’s anxiety, but doesn’t stop from (generally gently) correcting him when she feels he’s wrong. She also has good common sense.

7: Joey: A nice guy and devoted to Squeak, I love his glasses, and his art skills. I also relate to him as I was also the youngest in my family.

6: Sabrina: A sarcastic, though, under it all kind soul, I love how she can hunt animals but can’t bring herself to actually harm them. Her devotion to Fido and her compassion for Maxwell are sweet.

5: Fox: He’s a good friend and has become a good officer, he’s a bit of a worrier and, just an overall good guy, he just needs to relax sometimes.

4: Marion: A nervous type, he is protective of Lois, taking on a wolf when he thought Poncho had harmed his girlfriend. He feels inadequate at times, but has adapted to squirrel life well.

3: Lois: A protective, devoted and patient sort, she is good to Marion and is reassuring when the squirrel says he feels inadequate or unworthy.

2: Grape: Another sarcastic but very caring cat, she cares deeply for Peanut and Maxwell and helps to reassure her boyfriends when they feel inadequate and will encourage them to do well.

1: Maxwell: A cat who has shown a good deal of growth, he is loyal to Grape and, his friends, he has learned to open up with his feelings of inadequacy and his anxiety and has begun to show the kindness that, earlier on, he hid behind his swagger.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that these are your opinions and I'm not saying their wrong because I agree with most of them but I would move Fox up a couple of spots.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

You’re free to make your own list if you want.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.