Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe 
Author Message
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7912
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
I know y'all have strong opinions of the comic and want to provide honest feedback. I have one guideline, in addition to the forum rules: kindly keep in mind Rick reads and can be affected by what you say. Rick is human, too, and a constant barrage of "This comic sucks because..." or "This arc sucks because..." or "I hate this character because..." will eventually wear down his spirit and drive to do the comic. Bearing in mind that Rick understands literature and writing pretty well should help alleviate your concerns. Acting in defense of my friend, this topic will have no more negativity and there will be consequences if such persists.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Fri May 24, 2013 2:09 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:11 am
Posts: 25
Location: Sooooomewheeeeeere over the rainbowwww.....
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Sooo, wasn't there a fate sorta thing King had stashed away that Pete couldn't mess with that depended on his choice? Ya' know, the watch? Or is that just as much up for being swayed by Pete's actions?

_________________
Critical ham alert. Please change the bulb so we may update to code blue.


Fri May 24, 2013 2:19 am
Profile
Worst Mod EVER!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:50 pm
Posts: 4510
Location: South Florida
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Gren wrote:
valerio wrote:
but I hardly doubt this relationship is based on a platonic base!

Why? There's anyone here who believes relationships in this comic are truly platonic? Please... :lol:

I'm pretty sure Rick thinks that... Based on a conversation I had with him a week ago...

_________________
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Image
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)


Fri May 24, 2013 2:19 am
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7912
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
KhazixRusyuu wrote:
Sooo, wasn't there a fate sorta thing King had stashed away that Pete couldn't mess with that depended on his choice? Ya' know, the watch? Or is that just as much up for being swayed by Pete's actions?

That's something we'll find out, unless we don't! The spell that turned Joel into King is reversed if Pete forfeits the game, as revealed in the last comic. The decision may be taken from King by events. This is all speculation, of course.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Fri May 24, 2013 2:20 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am
Posts: 844
Location: Hipsterland USA
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Dissension wrote:
I know y'all have strong opinions of the comic and want to provide honest feedback. I have one guideline, in addition to the forum rules: kindly keep in mind Rick reads and can be affected by what you say. Rick is human, too, and a constant barrage of "This comic sucks because..." or "This arc sucks because..." or "I hate this character because..." will eventually wear down his spirit and drive to do the comic. Bearing in mind that Rick understands literature and writing pretty well should help alleviate your concerns. Acting in defense of my friend, this topic will have no more negativity and there will be consequences if such persists.


Personally, I believe that us having the bravery to speak out against something we all love is a testimony to Rick's ability. He most definitely is a master of making us feel for the characters, for better or for worse.

But, if Dissension insists, then I shall oblige.

Gren wrote:
Why? There's anyone here who believes relationships in this comic are truly platonic? Please... :lol:


Grape and Peanut technically count as a platonic relationship. I think. :| Great, now I'm confused.

_________________
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?!

Artist, aspiring engineer, Nerf enthusiast.


Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 9:27 pm
Posts: 5
Location: New York, NY
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Muddypaws wrote:
Be a Dog? Be a Human primate?
Be happy and wed? Be single and.., probably in Jail if returned to Human form?
Choices Choices Choices
King I see him reaching out... "HELP! I need somebody... HELP! Not just anybody.... HELP!!!" Oh GOD does he need it now.
(psst! HOPE he decides to stay as a Corgie -- he'll be far happier)


King won't like it but he owes Pete. Joe was made into a King by Pete. I believe this was allowed because it was deemed for his own good. That said, I think this is the first time King has had to consider his human/dog position in quite some time.

Pete has him in a tough spot. Being a dog isn't always easy but King learned to like it. Although he may not know it, I believe King would eventually go to heaven if he remains as he is now. The alternative (as a human) seems like a rather unpleasant result.

What do you think?

_________________

Ponjos - Reader since Joey's Insanity Plea.
A useful guide to BB Code is here.


Fri May 24, 2013 2:51 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 2990
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Dissension wrote:
KhazixRusyuu wrote:
Sooo, wasn't there a fate sorta thing King had stashed away that Pete couldn't mess with that depended on his choice? Ya' know, the watch? Or is that just as much up for being swayed by Pete's actions?

That's something we'll find out, unless we don't! The spell that turned Joel into King is reversed if Pete forfeits the game, as revealed in the last comic. The decision may be taken from King by events. This is all speculation, of course.


It also depends on if King remembers that. It's amazing the things you can forget when scared.

So King's now on a time-frame
to decide if to be human
or help Pete play his game?
Will he be a Griffon Crewman

or live a life of regret?
At least Pete's being fair
and not making him choose yet
he has a year to prepare.

If he chooses to tell Bailey
will she understand?
Will she be able to forgive he
when turned by command?

If they have Pups their own
Could Pete be an uncle?
He can be fun as he has shown -
He quotes Simon and Garfunkel!

_________________
The Avatar is Kilo. He's a gentlemouse... "I am indeed, dear boy, and HUKLEY draws me perfectly"

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie


Fri May 24, 2013 3:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am
Posts: 844
Location: Hipsterland USA
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Ponjos wrote:
Pete has him in a tough spot. Being a dog isn't always easy but King learned to like it. Although he may not know it, I believe King would eventually go to heaven if he remains as he is now. The alternative (as a human) seems like a rather unpleasant result.

What do you think?


I say that King shouldn't think logically about all this. That takes the meaning (and, if he changes his mind, the chance to go back) from it- what he needs to do is look into his heart and see what it wants for him.

I just sounded like some sort of cheesy kid's TV show. Blech. :roll:

_________________
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?!

Artist, aspiring engineer, Nerf enthusiast.


Fri May 24, 2013 3:26 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:33 pm
Posts: 498
Images: 10
Location: Galaxy: Milky Way, Planet: Gemini, Country: Enropia, City: Skyblend, Adress: 0713 bulivard Ave.
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Dissension wrote:
I know y'all have strong opinions of the comic and want to provide honest feedback. I have one guideline, in addition to the forum rules: kindly keep in mind Rick reads and can be affected by what you say. Rick is human, too, and a constant barrage of "This comic sucks because..." or "This arc sucks because..." or "I hate this character because..." will eventually wear down his spirit and drive to do the comic. Bearing in mind that Rick understands literature and writing pretty well should help alleviate your concerns. Acting in defense of my friend, this topic will have no more negativity and there will be consequences if such persists.
Yeah guys, Diss has a point. The consistency of negativity towards a character and the stories they're in is a tad bit of a shot to the creative brain. I understand that this seems strict but for Rick's sake, try not to write something you think might be too harsh :)
Cerberusx wrote:
I'm confused. What will Pete do if King does go to him? To me it sounds like King will lose no matter what...also I think King might cancel the wedding now. Simply because of what Pete has said. After all there's no guarantee that Pete ever keep is end of the bargain if King wants to stay as a dog.
Unfortunatly, he really sould consider that now, cuz' Pete is unpredictable. Secondly, he mainly does things for personal gain, and what would he gain from letting King stay a dog once the game is over?

_________________
Image
My Webcomic: Image


Fri May 24, 2013 3:27 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Ohio
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
I hope this is ok because I feel completely terrible right now and I need to get this out. I wish to apologize to Rick here, when I like things (and I really do love your comic a whole lot) I tend to criticize them quite a bit and I can come across as perhaps very harsh at times. It really wasn't my intent to hurt Rick by doing this I just wanted to give my honest opinion and it appears I did so far more harshly and hurtfully then I intended it to be. So for what its worth I'm truthfully sorry that I came across this way and I will likely just keep my criticisms to my self from now on.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri May 24, 2013 3:29 am
Profile
Wanna play a game?
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Posts: 4334
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Lifio13 wrote:
On another note, I now have Mrs Robinson stuck in my head. xD

I am just listening to the Concert in the Central Park.

---

Can somebody please clear up something for me, as I don't fully understand?
"I am forfeiting in one year" - Does it mean Pete will surrender and lose the game in one year?

---

I hope we will see the other residents of Babylon Garden during the ceremony. I am missing them. :)

_________________
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

ImageImage
ImageImageImage


Fri May 24, 2013 3:52 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 102
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
So he has a year to decide, I was worried Pete was going to change him back immediately.


Fri May 24, 2013 4:17 am
Profile

Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 3:20 am
Posts: 1
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Could King just as well go to the Spirit Dragon and ask to become one of her avatars?


Fri May 24, 2013 4:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Posts: 396
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Nelsonic1 wrote:
Could King just as well go to the Spirit Dragon and ask to become one of her avatars?

Dragon already has an avatar (Tarot), and if I remember correctly, another in training (Sabrina). If he does go to Dragon, it would likely only be as a follower, not an avatar, sort of like how Keene is Pete's minion. Even then, he would have to suck in a lot of pride, since he thinks of Dragon as highly as he does Pete.

_________________
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.

Check out my DeviantART if you'd like: http://d-rock92.deviantart.com/


Fri May 24, 2013 4:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2995
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Mickey the Luxray wrote:
Well, at least we aren't King isn't getting smacked with the five-second ultimatum that we were all expecting.
I think Pete has made a huge mistake letting King spend a year coming up with ways to dump his grand plans in the wetlands. If he made King decide then and there, King would have to agree. With a year to pack his parachute, King might decide he can afford to bail out.

So, if The Graduate hadn't come out, and the song stuck with the original theme, Joel would have had "Roosevelt" as a last name?

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Fri May 24, 2013 4:43 am
Profile WWW
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1215
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Argent wrote:
I think Pete has made a huge mistake letting King spend a year coming up with ways to dump his grand plans in the wetlands. If he made King decide then and there, King would have to agree. With a year to pack his parachute, King might decide he can afford to bail out.
Pete must be very confidant that there is no way around this.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Obbl on Fri May 24, 2013 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri May 24, 2013 4:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2995
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Gren wrote:
valerio wrote:
but I hardly doubt this relationship is based on a platonic base!

Why? There's anyone here who believes relationships in this comic are truly platonic? Please... :lol:

I'm pretty sure Rick thinks that... Based on a conversation I had with him a week ago...

Whether Rick does or not, I'm pretty sure King doesn't:

Image

Also:

Image

Also:

Image

Obbl wrote:
Argent wrote:
I think Pete has made a huge mistake letting King spend a year coming up with ways to dump his grand plans in the wetlands. If he made King decide then and there, King would have to agree. With a year to pack his parachute, King might decide he can afford to bail out.
Pete must be very confidant that there is no way around this.
And Pete has never made a mistake or had his elaborate planning go astray.

Image

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Last edited by Argent on Fri May 24, 2013 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri May 24, 2013 4:49 am
Profile WWW
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7912
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Mickey the Luxray wrote:
Personally, I believe that us having the bravery to speak out against something we all love is a testimony to Rick's ability. He most definitely is a master of making us feel for the characters, for better or for worse.

But, if Dissension insists, then I shall oblige.

Sorry, your ability to speak your mind is lower on my priority list than the emotional well-being of my friend. I'm unashamedly playing the dictator card and asking all of you to trust me when I say I'd not be doing so without cause. Please, please keep Rick's feelings in mind when making your comments.

gameangel147 wrote:
So he has a year to decide, I was worried Pete was going to change him back immediately.

King can make his decision at any time, but Pete will resign the game in one year's time.

Nelsonic1 wrote:
Could King just as well go to the Spirit Dragon and ask to become one of her avatars?

As D-Rock said, King dislikes the Cosmic Nerds equally and The Spirit Dragon has both an avatar and a chosen successor for her avatar.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Fri May 24, 2013 4:50 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2995
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Dissension wrote:
That's something we'll find out, unless we don't! The spell that turned Joel into King is reversed if Pete forfeits the game, as revealed in the last comic. The decision may be taken from King by events. This is all speculation, of course.
And of course Pete never fibs.

Dissension wrote:
Nelsonic1 wrote:
Could King just as well go to the Spirit Dragon and ask to become one of her avatars?

As D-Rock said, King dislikes the Cosmic Nerds equally and The Spirit Dragon has both an avatar and a chosen successor for her avatar.
Say, Tarot, could Dragon turn me back into a dog like one microsecond after Pete forfeits if I happen to get, uh, accidentally turned into a human because I did something that made Pete give up?

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Last edited by Argent on Fri May 24, 2013 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.



Fri May 24, 2013 4:57 am
Profile WWW
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7912
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Some Ferret-Looking Guy wrote:
And of course Pete never fibs.

Of course.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Fri May 24, 2013 4:59 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 867
Location: In the corner of your eye where you're scared to look
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Well at least Pete is giving king a chance to decide. Oh well, ON TO THE WEDDING!!!!!!

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Fri May 24, 2013 5:08 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 2990
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Dissension wrote:
Sorry, your ability to speak your mind is lower on my priority list than the emotional well-being of my friend. I'm unashamedly playing the dictator card and asking all of you to trust me when I say I'd not be doing so without cause. Please, please keep Rick's feelings in mind when making your comments.


I can understand why. I saw the effect of negative postings on a certain Precocious creator on his boards and it wasn't amusing. Creators are hurt far more by negative posts than they are bouyed by positive ones. Just remember though, Rick, if we didn't like the strip? None of us would be here. Be of cheer.

_________________
The Avatar is Kilo. He's a gentlemouse... "I am indeed, dear boy, and HUKLEY draws me perfectly"

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie


Fri May 24, 2013 5:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:36 pm
Posts: 47
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
That was certainly unexpected. Pete's definitely got something up his sleeve here. Let's just hope King can find a way around all of this, with or without the cosmic nerds.

Oddly enough, I'm starting to get fascinated with Pete as a character.


Fri May 24, 2013 5:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Posts: 701
Images: 0
Location: Earth
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
All right I admit it, Pete's got style. Also, I couldn't have been the only one to thing of Harry Potter when I read that, right?

_________________
My RP Characters:
Lucky Richardson

Ryyn Evern


Fri May 24, 2013 5:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:06 am
Posts: 10
Location: Florida
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Pete definitely knows how to make an exit, I'll give him that, though I wish Dragon or Kitsune would step in and stop him.


Fri May 24, 2013 6:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2995
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
angelusbr wrote:
As for the story, I think King will now cancel the wedding leaving a heartbroken Bailey and several angry friends because he can't bring himself to continue with Pete's threat hanging upon his head.
"Bailey, would you marry a corgi if he was only going to be on this planet for a year?"

Sasha: Oh wow, you're gonna be an astronaut?

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Fri May 24, 2013 6:21 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1158
Location: Argentina
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
IceKitsune wrote:
To me for a character like Pete to be likeable (which they can be) they either need to have a very charismatic personality which IMO Pete doesn't have or they have to have a very good reason to do the things they do. Which neither Pete nor Dragon have, because their reasoning boils down to an incredibly childish "I want to win this game." Which is just not in any way a good or even interesting reason, I'm sorry Rick but its just not. I liked the Nerds storyline back when I though there might be a good reason for all of this but the fact is there isn't.


Honestly, this is the reason why I find them interesting, because it isn't the typical "I am the good god and I am the bad god and it's our mission decide the destiny of the universe". They have personality, they consider this as a game and have their own reasons to do with the world whatever they want even if not every mortal are happy with that, because that's what they think is better for them.

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Gren wrote:
valerio wrote:
but I hardly doubt this relationship is based on a platonic base!

Why? There's anyone here who believes relationships in this comic are truly platonic? Please... :lol:

I'm pretty sure Rick thinks that... Based on a conversation I had with him a week ago...


Maybe he was referring that he was not going to show any kind of sexuality in the comic, but that doesn't mean the characters couldn't have genuine interest. As Argent said, some strips were quite explicit on the subject.

Argent wrote:
I think Pete has made a huge mistake letting King spend a year coming up with ways to dump his grand plans in the wetlands. If he made King decide then and there, King would have to agree. With a year to pack his parachute, King might decide he can afford to bail out.


Agreed. Unless he have some plan to make King suffer and be sure he makes the more convenient decision for him at the same time.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Just remember though, Rick, if we didn't like the strip? None of us would be here. Be of cheer.


That's what I was going to say. Besides, I rarely complain about the comic, I complain of the complainers! XD

angelusbr wrote:
As for the story, I think King will now cancel the wedding leaving a heartbroken Bailey and several angry friends because he can't bring himself to continue with Pete's threat hanging upon his head.


Well, I think Rick did this so he could continue with the wedding. However, you have a point, I hadn't thought of it that way. Leaving her at the altar... that would be an interesting and unexpected outcome.

_________________
ImageImage


Fri May 24, 2013 6:26 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 am
Posts: 19
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Gren wrote:
angelusbr wrote:
As for the story, I think King will now cancel the wedding leaving a heartbroken Bailey and several angry friends because he can't bring himself to continue with Pete's threat hanging upon his head.


Well, I think Rick did this so he could continue with the wedding. However, you have a point, I hadn't thought of it that way. Leaving her at the altar... that would be an interesting and unexpected outcome.


And we all know Rick's tendencies to pull a surprise ending

As for this arc and strip in general, I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and no matter how it ends, it will have been worth the ride.


Last edited by flaremaster on Fri May 24, 2013 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri May 24, 2013 7:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:36 am
Posts: 186
Location: Exeter, Confusion
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
I suggest that everyone who is having problems with Rick's handling of the arc (or in some cases, with the subject or length of the arc) go start their own webcomic, then sit back and watch the golden laurels roll in.

What's that, you're just a no-talent boor with no ability beyond spray painting
U $u¢k on someone else' lifework? I guess that's pretty close to vandalism; that's the definition of Internet Troll and it's really kind of sad.

I've been dealing with the upheaval at Flickr this week (if you don't know you don't want to), so if you want to see some serious flaming, look at the forums there. Just, please, don't track any of it back here.

_________________
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe


Fri May 24, 2013 7:23 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Perfesser_Bear wrote:
I suggest that everyone who is having problems with Rick's handling of the arc (or in some cases, with the subject or length of the arc) go start their own webcomic, then sit back and watch the golden laurels roll in.

What's that, you're just a no-talent boor with no ability beyond spray painting
U $u¢k on someone else' lifework? I guess that's pretty close to vandalism; that's the definition of Internet Troll and it's really kind of sad.

I've been dealing with the upheaval at Flickr this week (if you don't know you don't want to), so if you want to see some serious flaming, look at the forums there. Just, please, don't track any of it back here.

Generalizing at its finest.
I'm a fanfic writer and I did some videos, which made me recieve my own share trolls/flamers/haters the same way there are those who point out my flaws and I do appretiate constructive criticism. Anyone can only improve by noticing their own flaws and improving them.

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Fri May 24, 2013 7:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:17 am
Posts: 1595
Images: 9
Location: Switzerland
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
gameangel147 wrote:
So he has a year to decide, I was worried Pete was going to change him back immediately.


After all, I think at bottom Pete is not a bad fellow... I also expected him to force King to make a decision within the next 5 minutes, but a year is (in my opinion)a fair time limit.
I'm looking forward to the next update :D

_________________
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
I'm on dA now: http://hukley.deviantart.com/
“We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” (Calvin & Hobbes)
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
Image


Last edited by Hukley on Fri May 24, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri May 24, 2013 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:16 am
Posts: 3601
Location: Fairfield, Illinois
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Well. At least he has a year.

...

Did they tell you that a year could be a day or hour? ;)

_________________
Also on twitter: https://twitter.com/xhunterko

Help a fellow out? I have a GoFundMe set up. Help and share if you can: http://www.gofundme.com/dp5vug


Fri May 24, 2013 8:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
xhunterko wrote:
Well. At least he has a year.

...

Did they tell you that a year could be a day or hour? ;)

That's the subjective perception of time Pete talked about back in the judgement arc. When he said a year I think it's a "real" year for king. Or it could be a dog year, which is shorter than human's.

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Fri May 24, 2013 8:14 am
Profile

Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 4:01 am
Posts: 1
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
I was a bit disappointed by today's comic. After Pete showed up I was hanging on the edge of my seat for the next strips. Turns out there isn't any closure and Pete just postpones the resolution for (up to!) a year. On the other hand, there's still plenty of drama left ­­­­- now I'm worried that King might cancel his wedding to get more time to decide.

In any case, I love the S&G reference. Great song.


Fri May 24, 2013 9:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 pm
Posts: 433
Location: Under a rock in Alberta
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Dissension wrote:
[ Woe Woe Woe ]

Title Text: Hey hey hey, Petey's on the way! . . . to . . . back where he came from?

Have I mentioned, today, just how much I like Pete? *giggles*

I could tell by you avatar :I

_________________
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!


Fri May 24, 2013 9:38 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15470
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Perfesser_Bear wrote:
I suggest that everyone who is having problems with Rick's handling of the arc (or in some cases, with the subject or length of the arc) go start their own webcomic, then sit back and watch the golden laurels roll in.

What's that, you're just a no-talent boor with no ability beyond spray painting
U $u¢k on someone else' lifework? I guess that's pretty close to vandalism; that's the definition of Internet Troll and it's really kind of sad.

I've been dealing with the upheaval at Flickr this week (if you don't know you don't want to), so if you want to see some serious flaming, look at the forums there. Just, please, don't track any of it back here.
Not all criticism is mean-spirited, and people who lack creative skill can still have valid opinions. Additionally, an internet troll is not just someone who's mean on the internet.

That said, when criticism gets nasty is where the line is drawn. Artists are people too.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Fri May 24, 2013 11:06 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:13 am
Posts: 31
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Muddypaws wrote:
Be a Dog? Be a Human primate?

Be happy and wed? Be single and.., probably in Jail if returned to Human form?

Choices Choices Choices

King I see him reaching out... "HELP! I need somebody... HELP! Not just anybody.... HELP!!!" Oh GOD does he need it now.

(psst! HOPE he decides to stay as a Corgie -- he'll be far happier)


If somebody didn't say that, I would have. I can't see why is he's even poundering this. :|

Well... mabe it's because he never realy whanted to be a dog in the first place but now he's torn between being a dog ... or locked up for a realy long time in prison as a human with just about no way to get his life back together. :?

On the other hand staying a dog would mean being Petes avatar and who knows when Pete would put that into effect,
which could mean bad news down the road for King. :x

_________________
Troll on people Troll on!! :D


Fri May 24, 2013 11:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 am
Posts: 20
Location: Minnesota
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
I caught that reference at the end! I love that song! :3

_________________
~Sky-Leif (Fox) :3

Study your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Know your actions, for they become habits. Limit your habits, for they become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.


Fri May 24, 2013 11:38 am
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1484
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
angelusbr wrote:
I'm a fanfic writer and I did some videos, which made me recieve my own share trolls/flamers/haters the same way there are those who point out my flaws and I do appretiate constructive criticism. Anyone can only improve by noticing their own flaws and improving them.


You may welcome the type of spiteful, venom filled 'constructive criticism' that some so called fans offer. Rick does not. And so I'm taking it a step above Diss, keep it polite, useful and worthwhile when you offer 'criticism' here, that goes for everyone. Passionate, venom, backbiting filled rants will do nothing but ensure, of that I can promise of not posting here anymore.


Fri May 24, 2013 12:32 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1742
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe
Also if you think that "Rick won't grow unless we give him constant unending criticism," that's a perspective that assumes I don't actually care about what I'm doing unless I'm actively being insulted. You don't need to take the burden of self-improvement on for me. If you don't like the comic, that's fine, you don't have to like the comic--but taking which characters or plots you don't like as though it were a personal attack (or a threat to your personal well-being) and retaliating is not real criticism.

Please refer to the previous thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2206

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Fri May 24, 2013 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.