Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
KJOokami wrote:
Except SD isn't allowed (by the rules of the game) to interfere with her avatar's free will. She couldn't just tell Tarot to go be with Peanut. She could ask it of her (and likely did), but Tarot would have to make the decision herself. And clearly she didn't have any objections to being with him. That suggest at least some form of attraction existing before she showed up at the Sandwich's door.


Or it suggests that Tarot may think the U&U game is something really serious and Pete is something to fear. Therefore doing it out of duty to maybe save the world or something like that. We just have no idea what Tarot actually knows about whats going on.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
IceKitsune wrote:
Or it suggests that Tarot may think the U&U game is something really serious and Pete is something to fear. Therefore doing it out of duty to maybe save the world or something like that. We just have no idea what Tarot actually knows about whats going on.

That still wouldn't qualify as SD "manipulating" Tarot's affections any more than involving her in the game by making her an avatar in the first place (i.e. not at all).

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
KJOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Or it suggests that Tarot may think the U&U game is something really serious and Pete is something to fear. Therefore doing it out of duty to maybe save the world or something like that. We just have no idea what Tarot actually knows about whats going on.

That still wouldn't qualify as SD "manipulating" Tarot's affections any more than involving her in the game by making her an avatar in the first place.


It would still be manipulation though lying on SD's part which is just as bad. Even if she didn't manipulate Tarot into loving Peanut lying to her about the game and why things are happening is just as bad.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:08 am
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7912
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
I believe you are projecting your assumptions about the comic into the discussion. If not, please provide documentation of Dragon lying to or otherwise misleading Tarot.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:11 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Dissension wrote:
I believe you are projecting your assumptions about the comic into the discussion. If not, please provide documentation of Dragon lying to or otherwise misleading Tarot.


Rick admitted that Dragon had Manipulated Tarot into coming over to be with Peanut in the first place. (viewtopic.php?p=371883#p371883) which I don't know about you but I consider to be lying. Also there is the fact that Tarot takes the whole U&U game more seriously then she should be considering they are playing for no real reason at all.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:25 am
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7912
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Rick actually said Dragon was being "a little manipulative." That does not mean she flat-out lied.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:30 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Dissension wrote:
Rick actually said Dragon was being "a little manipulative." That does not mean she flat-out lied.


Ok she still lied though, you can't really be manipulative if you don't lie or at bare minimum stretch the truth (which is just as bad). SD also lied to Peanut back in We're Snowed In! because the fact is she actually wants him to be with Tarot so she can win the game. (and so she can be close to him) Nothing bad would really happen to him other then maybe becoming Pete's Avatar and screwing up her plan.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3917
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Like I said one time: The Spirit Dragon is the god-like shipper of the bunch. she isn't necessarily being malicious about what she's doing, she's just going by her own opinion of what she thinks is the right course... and of course, the cutest.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
The fact of the matter is that even if you grant that SD is manipulating Tarot out of malice (which I'm not convinced she is; I'm with GameCobra on the god-shipper thing), there's still only so much she can do within the limits of the game rules. And manipulating affection simply isn't within those boundaries.

And, at least in my eyes, Tarot's affection has been very real right from the get-go; and there's no reason to believe any different.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:28 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:29 am
Posts: 31
Location: Marietta,GA
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Actually manipulating emotions seems to be well with the confines of the rules. They each have a Trmple which to me implies at lest at some level they are to have fallowers of somekind to incress their power base. Now if their alowed to manipulate their "fallowers", thin really anyone is open for emotion manipulation.

_________________
This is me trying to not get sanctioned by the MODs again, shhhh they're watching me.


Last edited by Cyan Leopard on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1158
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
KJOokami wrote:
The only problem with that is that that is breaking the rules. Forcing your avatar to love another would be a pretty standard case of infringing upon free will, which is one of the biggest, and most heavily enforced, rules in the entire game.


Why? Why you think manipulate feelings going against free will? Are you saying that a person could choose to fall in love with someone? Are you saying that Peanut choose to fall in love with Grape? or Grape with Max? or Fido with Sabrina? You think behind love is a logical choise but no, simply just happen, there's no explication. That's why Dragon can do this without breaking the rules. She only alters the way as a character could see another so that he/she start to be atracted for phisical (probably Sabrina) or psychical (probably Tarot) features that will not attract him/her or cares normally. And with this Pete was right, because she are able to somewhat manipulate others to get her objetives (or whims). And of course, I think we'll see that Pete used this too (between King and Bailey, and that's why Dragon/Tarot worried so much for him)

_________________
ImageImage


Last edited by Gren on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:37 am
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1214
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Guys, seriously?
This is SD's personality: http://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/06/0 ... year-four/
She cares for the beings of the lower dimensions. She obviously plays the game well, but she likes to see them happy. In her opinion winning the game does not need to include stepping on the little people.
She's done a little bit (lot a bit?) of matchmaking. THIS IS OK. People do it all the time. You bring two people together and leave them alone for a bit to get to know each other. Sometimes it works out (as it seems to have in this case), other times it doesn't.

How much does Tarot know about what's going on? You're right, we don't know yet. But she at least seems to genuinely enjoy hanging out with Peanut whether or not she's really interested in him romantically. (Though evidence seems to point toward romantic feelings.)

And, no, manipulating emotions using their powers as celestial beings is against the free will rules. However, even you and I can manipulate people's emotions with charisma or appeals to pathos, so that's perfectly allowed in the U&U game.

_________________
Image


Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:38 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:29 am
Posts: 31
Location: Marietta,GA
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
I think there is a difference between inviting two friends over for a movie night so they can get to know eachother and manipulating the Universe to alter the events in your favor. As fare as SD being good well thats really more about perspective. In the end shes still manipulating their lives, how would you feel if you found out some one was doing that to you?

_________________
This is me trying to not get sanctioned by the MODs again, shhhh they're watching me.


Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1158
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Obbl wrote:
Guys, seriously?
This is SD's personality: http://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/06/0 ... year-four/
She cares for the beings of the lower dimensions. She obviously plays the game well, but she likes to see them happy. In her opinion winning the game does not need to include stepping on the little people.
She's done a little bit (lot a bit?) of matchmaking. THIS IS OK. People do it all the time. You bring two people together and leave them alone for a bit to get to know each other. Sometimes it works out (as it seems to have in this case), other times it doesn't.

How much does Tarot know about what's going on? You're right, we don't know yet. But she at least seems to genuinely enjoy hanging out with Peanut whether or not she's really interested in him romantically. (Though evidence seems to point toward romantic feelings.)

And, no, manipulating emotions using their powers as celestial beings is against the free will rules. However, even you and I can manipulate people's emotions with charisma or appeals to pathos, so that's perfectly allowed in the U&U game.


I never said that Dragon is evil and much less that Tarot don't love Peanut. The thing is Dragon is not the good godess and Pete the bad, they simply are normal guys with superpowers playing a game where meeting their objectives. Neither of them going to ruin the life of anyone (even Pete) but that doesn't mean they can't play with their lives. Pete will going to make suffer King just to make him a more stronger avatar and to persuade him to accept. But King not only receive bad things since he met Pete, now he's not in prison and have a best friend and like Kitsune said, at the end he will receive rewards.

Dragon not only could had manipulated the feelings of others just to make Pete lose, she also could had done that because she knew if Pete make them as his avatar is for sure they're going to suffer as much as King before they could see the benefits. However, I never said that what Dragon done it was evil, I'm pretty sure she also do that to make them happy, but the point is that probably if she had not intervened, these couples had never been formed.

Of course, we're always talking hypothetically, but imagine what could happen if this thing of manipulating feelings comes to light to all the characters involved? Because is really probable that Pete will going to use this to make Dragon lose power and followers and even he can reverted all the situation only with this. This could generate a real chaos because, for example, if Sabrina was manipulated when she was dating with Max, this strange rupture could left him broken hearted without comprehend the reasons. He even could still having feelings for her (because yet I don't see any proof so I can be sure he is really "in love" with Grape. Sure he's interested and likes her, but remember that "love" is a strong word. The same happen for Peanut with Tarot) and when he find this, he will going to try to recover her. This going to left Grape broken hearted but Peanut couldn't feel sorry for her because at the same time he will going to find that Tarot was manipulated too, and probably Fido will going to renounce his love for Sabrina because he will begin to think that Max is her true love and belongs to him. This could be a really mess (but at the same time really interesting don't ya thing? :lol: )
In short, this will going to cause a inner battle in them about what is true or fake in their love.

_________________
ImageImage


Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
There are so many assumptions being tossed around in the last few posts, I really don't even know where to begin.

I'd just like to give a reminder that your assumptions about a character don't count as evidence for the truthfulness of that assumption. That's not the way it works.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1158
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
that's why I said "we're always talking hypothetically"

_________________
ImageImage


Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Yet you're still leveling accusations at SD as a character using information that you don't have any evidence to support. You're trying to construct an argument without any information to back it up.

That's not "speaking in hypotheticals"; that's trying to prove a point without first gathering proof to support that point.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1158
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Not, you misunderstand me. I never want to prove anything, just say what I think and what is more probable to occur. The only one who have the true is Rick, no one else.

And of what information are you talking about? I never said anything of Dragon using information that we already don't know. What I said was that she could get information from Peanut without the necessity of involving Tarot, and that the manipulation thing doesn't mean that she have to going against the free will, nothing else.

_________________
ImageImage


Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Gren wrote:
And of what information are you talking about?


Gren wrote:
She only alters the way as a character could see another so that he/she start to be atracted for phisical (probably Sabrina) or psychical (probably Tarot) features that will not attract him/her or cares normally.

Assumption: SD is using her powers to manipulate the way one character sees another character in order to make them more attractive to one another.

Gren wrote:
but imagine what could happen if this thing of manipulating feelings comes to light to all the characters involved?

Also hinging on the assumption that SD is actually manipulating the feelings of various characters.

Gren wrote:
He even could still having feelings for her (because yet I don't see any proof so I can be sure he is really "in love" with Grape. Sure he's interested and likes her, but remember that "love" is a strong word. The same happen for Peanut with Tarot) and when he find this, he will going to try to recover her.

Hinging on the same assumption.

Gren wrote:
In short, this will going to cause a inner battle in them about what is true or fake in their love.

And the same.

Everything that you're saying, in wording that insists what you're saying is true, is hinging on an unknown and unknowable factor. In other words: you're trying to pass off assumptions as facts.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:16 pm
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1214
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Cyan Leopard wrote:
I think there is a difference between inviting two friends over for a movie night so they can get to know eachother and manipulating the Universe to alter the events in your favor. As fare as SD being good well thats really more about perspective. In the end shes still manipulating their lives, how would you feel if you found out some one was doing that to you?

If the only manipulation ended up putting me together with someone I ended up really liking and enjoying their company?
Not all that upset actually. The fact that she ends up winning some cosmic game that I don't really understand because of the manipulation is secondary to the fact that I am happy with how it turned out for me.
In other words: if I were at all miffed about being manipulated, I would get over it really quickly after evaluating how it turned out.

_________________
Image


Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:37 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:29 am
Posts: 31
Location: Marietta,GA
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Obbl wrote:
Cyan Leopard wrote:
I think there is a difference between inviting two friends over for a movie night so they can get to know eachother and manipulating the Universe to alter the events in your favor. As fare as SD being good well thats really more about perspective. In the end shes still manipulating their lives, how would you feel if you found out some one was doing that to you?

If the only manipulation ended up putting me together with someone I ended up really liking and enjoying their company?
Not all that upset actually. The fact that she ends up winning some cosmic game that I don't really understand because of the manipulation is secondary to the fact that I am happy with how it turned out for me.
In other words: if I were at all miffed about being manipulated, I would get over it really quickly after evaluating how it turned out.


The problem is thats not how life should work, and by manipulating life in that way you will never know what you lost in the proses. Sure you may have got this nice thing from it but what if by doing so you lost out on an even greater thing? We are a collection of our experiences they are what helps of grow as individuals. We can't just engineer our way to a perfict life we need to live it.

_________________
This is me trying to not get sanctioned by the MODs again, shhhh they're watching me.


Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1158
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
KJOokami wrote:
Gren wrote:
And of what information are you talking about?


Gren wrote:
She only alters the way as a character could see another so that he/she start to be atracted for phisical (probably Sabrina) or psychical (probably Tarot) features that will not attract him/her or cares normally.

Assumption: SD is using her powers to manipulate the way one character sees another character in order to make them more attractive to one another.


It just how I "imagine" it work the manipulation feeling thing, it just a posibility not a fact. You can think whatever you want with this, even you can say that is simpler than that and Dragon implanted fake feelings on their hearts. I don't assume anything.

KJOokami wrote:
Gren wrote:
but imagine what could happen if this thing of manipulating feelings comes to light to all the characters involved?

Also hinging on the assumption that SD is actually manipulating the feelings of various characters.


Because Pete talk about this in the trial. I quote "but Dragon INTERPOSED with her own followers", that suggest is more than one. Oh! and at least read the second word of that paragraph: "imagine". Like I said, it just an idea of what could happen but we still haven't enought information to say precisely what will going to happen in the future of the comic.

KJOokami wrote:
Gren wrote:
He even could still having feelings for her (because yet I don't see any proof so I can be sure he is really "in love" with Grape. Sure he's interested and likes her, but remember that "love" is a strong word. The same happen for Peanut with Tarot) and when he find this, he will going to try to recover her.

Hinging on the same assumption.


I didn't want to say this is what's going to happen, maybe I should have used the word "could" at the begining of that sentence but I didn't because I think it was clear that all what I saying was hypothetical. The same is about of Max and Peanut feelings, it just what I thought, anything more.

KJOokami wrote:
Gren wrote:
In short, this will going to cause a inner battle in them about what is true or fake in their love.

And the same.

Everything that you're saying, in wording that insists what you're saying is true, is hinging on an unknown and unknowable factor. In other words: you're trying to pass off assumptions as facts.


But if this happen what you consider is more probable that occur to them? You think they'll going to take this like if it was a cup of coffee? NO, it's for sure they at least going to suffer and have doubts just because a supreme being was playing with their feelings. It's not a science. How could you act if you find someone was messing with your feelings? And I think it is worst if you are unsure of being manipulated or not. However, like I said a hundred times, it's just what I think is more probable that could happen if all of this crazy theory occur. Where you see "facts" in all what I said?

Cyan Leopard wrote:
Obbl wrote:
Cyan Leopard wrote:
I think there is a difference between inviting two friends over for a movie night so they can get to know eachother and manipulating the Universe to alter the events in your favor. As fare as SD being good well thats really more about perspective. In the end shes still manipulating their lives, how would you feel if you found out some one was doing that to you?

If the only manipulation ended up putting me together with someone I ended up really liking and enjoying their company?
Not all that upset actually. The fact that she ends up winning some cosmic game that I don't really understand because of the manipulation is secondary to the fact that I am happy with how it turned out for me.
In other words: if I were at all miffed about being manipulated, I would get over it really quickly after evaluating how it turned out.


The problem is thats not how life should work, and by manipulating life in that way you will never know what you lost in the proses. Sure you may have got this nice thing from it but what if by doing so you lost out on an even greater thing? We are a collection of our experiences they are what helps of grow as individuals. We can't just engineer our way to a perfict life we need to live it.

I couldn't have said it better

Mod Edit: Please do not double-post. If you need to add new information to a thread and yours is the most recent post, you may use the edit button in its upper-right corner.

_________________
ImageImage


Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:22 pm
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7912
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Before this becomes much of an issue... let's keep the discussion civil.

I will say the rules of the game preclude changing others' emotions; tampering with free will really is a no-no.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1214
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Cyan Leopard wrote:
Obbl wrote:
Cyan Leopard wrote:
I think there is a difference between inviting two friends over for a movie night so they can get to know eachother and manipulating the Universe to alter the events in your favor. As fare as SD being good well thats really more about perspective. In the end shes still manipulating their lives, how would you feel if you found out some one was doing that to you?

If the only manipulation ended up putting me together with someone I ended up really liking and enjoying their company?
Not all that upset actually. The fact that she ends up winning some cosmic game that I don't really understand because of the manipulation is secondary to the fact that I am happy with how it turned out for me.
In other words: if I were at all miffed about being manipulated, I would get over it really quickly after evaluating how it turned out.


The problem is thats not how life should work, and by manipulating life in that way you will never know what you lost in the proses. Sure you may have got this nice thing from it but what if by doing so you lost out on an even greater thing? We are a collection of our experiences they are what helps of grow as individuals. We can't just engineer our way to a perfict life we need to live it.

But why would I let that worry me? Every decision I make myself brings up similar questions. What if I had done this and not that? What if I had gone here and not there? The reason we don't ask "what if" questions is because there is no for sure answer. We live with the choices we make.
You're basically asking, "What if Peanut had never met Tarot?" It's exactly the same situation as my matchmaking analogy. Just because SD is a cosmic being with cosmic purposes doesn't change what is essentially the bringing of two people together who end up enjoying being with each other enough that they now say they are a couple.
"What if Peanut hadn't met Tarot?" Well, we'll likely never know. But he's happy right now.
"What if it leads to heartache in the end?" Well, we don't know that's what will happen as of now. So why worry? If it does happen, we should certainly hope he grows stronger for it, that his friends rally around him, that -perhaps- he and Grape end up together because of it :D

And besides they are living their lives the way they want to. No one is forcing Peanut to be with Tarot. And Tarot is perfectly capable of declining to be with Peanut (this goes back to IceKitsune's theory that Tarot feels duty-bound to do this, though she certainly seems to be enjoying the relationship all the same). If SD's "perfect life" is not perfect for them, they are free to move on and do something else. This is why I have no problem with it: They still have the free will to choose what they are doing. SD has provided them an option which they are taking advantage of and enjoying, but it's just one of many options which they are free to take.

@Gren
If Pete got in trouble for tricking King into going along with being turned into a dog (see panels 1-6 here), I'm fairly certain SD would get in trouble for altering people feelings so that they fall in love with who she wants them to.

_________________
Image


Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Obbl wrote:
Cyan Leopard wrote:
I think there is a difference between inviting two friends over for a movie night so they can get to know eachother and manipulating the Universe to alter the events in your favor. As fare as SD being good well thats really more about perspective. In the end shes still manipulating their lives, how would you feel if you found out some one was doing that to you?

If the only manipulation ended up putting me together with someone I ended up really liking and enjoying their company?
Not all that upset actually. The fact that she ends up winning some cosmic game that I don't really understand because of the manipulation is secondary to the fact that I am happy with how it turned out for me.
In other words: if I were at all miffed about being manipulated, I would get over it really quickly after evaluating how it turned out.


See this would not be my reaction, nor would it be the reaction of many people I know, my reaction (which is why I disagree with people who are ok with what the Nerds are doing) would be something along the line of: "Get the **** out of my house and never come near me again." and depending on the length and severity of the manipulation (However if they came clear soon enough, though that is not the case for what SD is doing, like within a month I might be able to forgive them but it would put them on thin ice at best) and use it may involve punching, in the face. Maybe that makes me childish or something but really its been my experience that people in general hate being used and manipulated. Especially for no reason like whats happening here.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
@Gren: Calm down. Seriously. Don't lash out at me because you chose your words poorly.

When you say that you're only hypothesizing, but then go on to word all of your comments as if they are inherently true, you're going to raise some eyebrows. Namely, mine. If all you meant to do was toss out a 'what if' scenario, then you really have no reason to be so defensive here.

IceKitsune wrote:
See this would not be my reaction, nor would it be the reaction of many people I know, my reaction (which is why I disagree with people who are ok with what the Nerds are doing) would be something along the line of: "Get the **** out of my house and never come near me again." and depending on the length and severity of the manipulation (However if they came clear soon enough, though that is not the case for what SD is doing, like within a month I might be able to forgive them but it would put them on thin ice at best) and use it may involve punching, in the face. Maybe that makes me childish or something but really its been my experience that people in general hate being used and manipulated. Especially for no reason like whats happening here.

If someone put you in a position where you ended up with a person that you genuinely like, but they did it for ulterior motives that don't affect you beyond getting in that relationship (which, independently, you're okay with), you would consider punching someone in the face a rational solution?

Dude, that is beyond childish. That runs right in the face of common sense. The turn out for you is nothing but good, but because someone "manipulated" (i.e. put you in the right place at the right time) you into it, you would go on a rampage and fuss and fume about it? I don't even understand how you could come to a conclusion like that.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:43 pm
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1214
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
IceKitsune wrote:
See this would not be my reaction, nor would it be the reaction of many people I know, my reaction (which is why I disagree with people who are ok with what the Nerds are doing) would be something along the line of: "Get the **** out of my house and never come near me again." and depending on the length and severity of the manipulation (However if they came clear soon enough, though that is not the case for what SD is doing, like within a month I might be able to forgive them but it would put them on thin ice at best) and use it may involve punching, in the face. Maybe that makes me childish or something but really its been my experience that people in general hate being used and manipulated. Especially for no reason like whats happening here.

I still don't have huge problems with SD in this situation. Now, I do understand that reaction toward SD, but the question is: what are you're feelings toward the Tarot of the situation? Peanut's obviously fond of her, and assuming Tarot feels the same. However, she seems to have at least known the reasons behind the manipulation which sort of makes her "in on it". Though after an explanation that her feelings are still true...

@KJ
Also be needing of the cooling down
I refer you here

Manipulation is a cheating of trust because it always comes with a lie attached to it. It may have been "for your own good", but you were mislead a long time into believing a lie by someone you thought you could trust. Some people have a very strong emotional connection to trust. The breach of trust is like someone taking a knife and carving out the connection they have taken so much time to establish.
Especially in a case like this, where the whole thing was for some ulterior motive that didn't even involve you. And something so seemingly trivial like winning a game. They feel used.

Others (apparently you and me) detach ourselves from the emotion of the situation and take a cold, logical look at the situation. You might be a little miffed that the point of the manipulation was to win some game, but whatever, it ended up good, so you'll get over it. If logic dictates that trust has been lost, you'll react accordingly with that person in the future.

_________________
Image


Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:57 pm
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7912
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
I think everyone needs to take a step back and calm down. If this thread is to stay open, it cannot have any further personal bickering. Also, please do not mini-mod. If you see a post you feels violates the rules, it is best to report said post so it can be dealt with.


Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:29 am
Posts: 31
Location: Marietta,GA
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
The thing is as the kitsun said "the rules are not always about what you want" also Pete was not allowed to manipulate King before he became his avatar he didn't say he could not after he gave him self over to him. But even Pete is not really a "evil" being hes just trying to win a game just like everyone else involved. They all have their own agendas and which just so happens to force them to manipulate lesser beings life's for their own entertainment. >.>

_________________
This is me trying to not get sanctioned by the MODs again, shhhh they're watching me.


Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:36 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15470
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Let's also not let this thread get creepy, please.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1158
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
ok, lets start again. First, I don't mad with anyone here, to me it's just a normal discussion of a comic, I don't know why much of you takes the things too seriously when all what I was doing here it's just guessing of what could happen in the future of the history. Maybe KJOokami is right and I choose my words poorly, but that's because I am not a natural english speaker and all what I know of this language I taught by myself, no one teach me how to be a right speaker so this monstrosity that I'm writing maybe even is worst that Spanglish, its Grenglish (a pun with my nickname XD), because I am trying to express myself by my way but "my way" could be a world different that the way is usual in this language, so please don't take me too literally.
To be more clear, all what I said never came from the Rick's mouth, so take for sure that all of this could be too far of how the things will going to show up at the end (and I hope so, because I hate predictable things). So it's clear now? I'm just guessing, so don't take me too seriously specially in a thing like this where we don't have any fact to prove nothing.

And about of the manipulating thing, I think you forgot something. First we don't know if Dragon really manipulated someone (Pete could be lying, althought I doubt he can lie to a omniscient being) so this discussion could be for nothing. And second, if the manipulation really exist, we don't know the grade to which has been carried out. One of this could be giving them just a little push, altering the situation in background just so they can meet each other and fall in love by their own (if this is the case, I doubt they have any problems with Dragon because their feelings will be true). Other way could be really changing their feelings to the point of altering the way as they are attracted by someone, or even worst, fake feelings towards someone that maybe you not even know. I don't want you to think they'll going to put against Dragon for this, for me is a minor issue, so for now put this aside. What I am concerned is what if Dragon put in them a spell so they have certain feelings for a certain person? What could happen if Pete appears and broke the spell? If that feelings disappear then that could mean that their love was fake? Imagine that Fido and Sabrina are kissing and then the spell is broken. This could be a really mess, and even they could feel disgusting for doing that and begin to think how this could happen. Can you see my concern now? the manipulation thing could be a really serious issue to them or maybe it's not like this and I just overreacted.

_________________
ImageImage


Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:14 pm
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6298
Location: Florida
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
The Nerds could manipulate the universe, but why would they? I mean, they have great power, but that does not mean they get to use it. There are rules for a reason, and I would think Universe manipulation to the extent you all are talking about would be a big one. You can manipulate the mortal way, having Tarot go around and set things up easily...

And besides, was it not mentioned that falling in love automatically makes a dog or cat invalid as an avatar? Why would they implant feelings of love when that puts them permanently out of the game?

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
copper wrote:

And besides, was it not mentioned that falling in love automatically makes a dog or cat invalid as an avatar? Why would they implant feelings of love when that puts them permanently out of the game?


It weakens them as a Dream Sunderer (to the point were making them your Avatar is pointless) which is why SD did this (and by this I mean manipulate everyone's relationships, not implant feelings) so Pete would have to pick an Avatar that was weaker against her own. It doesn't make them invalid in being an Avatar.

_________________
Image
Image


Last edited by IceKitsune on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1158
Location: Argentina
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
copper wrote:
The Nerds could manipulate the universe, but why would they? I mean, they have great power, but that does not mean they get to use it. There are rules for a reason, and I would think Universe manipulation to the extent you all are talking about would be a big one. You can manipulate the mortal way, having Tarot go around and set things up easily...


I know there are rules, and I know they're not monsters, but the fact is that we don't know all the rules or intentions of the Nerds so we don't know what they are capable or not to do. Maybe they're doing all of this for their own good, but that doesn't mean what Dragon consider good for them is going to be the same in Pete or Kitsune point of view. If more than one of them interfere in the life of a mortal then this character will never have a real happy life (or at least stable) because two supreme beings will going to change it all the time for having different ways to see which is best for him/her.

copper wrote:
And besides, was it not mentioned that falling in love automatically makes a dog or cat invalid as an avatar? Why would they implant feelings of love when that puts them permanently out of the game?


I think this is only for the Dream Sunderer type of avatar

_________________
ImageImage


Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:36 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:29 am
Posts: 31
Location: Marietta,GA
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
I think there is a bit to much speculation here. We know that the Nerds can and do manipulate the Universe their in what we dont really know is how much the rules will allow them to do so without getting into trouble. Also as demonstrated by Pete we know just because you brake the rules it dos not mean they will catch you. Its a big world out there and even when they do catch you it would seem the rules are flexible to a point.

_________________
This is me trying to not get sanctioned by the MODs again, shhhh they're watching me.


Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:29 pm
Posts: 327
Location: A treehouse atop a hill
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
I'd kind of like to know just how old Tarot is. Do the three players chose different avatars once they die or is it the same avatar forever because that would make Tarot over 5000 years old

_________________
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"


Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:24 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:29 am
Posts: 31
Location: Marietta,GA
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
JohnWillow wrote:
I'd kind of like to know just how old Tarot is. Do the three players chose different avatars once they die or is it the same avatar forever because that would make Tarot over 5000 years old


That's kind of a creep idea. If Tarot is 5000 years old Peanut is only like I don't know 10 at the most. I should see if I can rename the thread "Tarot the Creeper".

_________________
This is me trying to not get sanctioned by the MODs again, shhhh they're watching me.


Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:38 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15470
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Tarot is probably the age of a normal dog. Spirit Dragon, on the other hand...

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:51 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:56 pm
Posts: 11
Location: the U.S.O.A
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
JeffCvt wrote:
While I see what you are saying here, I respectfully disagree with you.

Tarot has not done anything to suggest that she would do that, and if she wanted to, she would have during "Imaginate, Too!" when Peanut was already upset at Grape.

Instead she clearly helped here
Image


And other than that, this is a comic for comedy. This comic is not something to have deep hidden meaning in everything. Just enjoy it for the fun and laughs you get.

i believe that none of them are evil however i believe that the green dragon and pete are extremes
neither is best because order turns to fascism while chaos turns to needless blood shed
if anything though pete is the best in my eyes

_________________
It is a cruel twist of fate that my my housepets! profile image
does not fit the requirements
Image[/url]


Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:08 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15470
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Tarot More Villain Thin Heroine
Hopefully not the best, morally speaking.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: matthew Wolf, Timon64 and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.