Discuss the comic here
Indagare

Post by Indagare »

It's been discussed before, but since there is going to be another arc involving the Cosmic Creatures "soonish" I figured I'd bring it up beforehand for debate.

Who do you think Pete will choose for an avatar and why?

Some things to keep in mind:

1) To have a full avatar, the being in question must give consent. Of course, the avatar can be tricked into giving consent, but consent must be given at some point. I'm not sure that a being could be forced into giving consent (Pete threatening to take over Fox if King doesn't agree to be his avatar, for instance). I'd like to think that if Pete tried such shenanigans the Great Kitsune would start smacking him with the Cosmic Baseball Bat, but his hands might be tied by the fact that it technically was consent (though the intrinsic benevolence policy may come into play - it's not very benevolent to allow a player to force someone into agreeing to something they don't really want).

2) Only dogs and cats can be avatars.

3) Pete likes to powergame. By that I mean he seems to like to chose avatars that will give him some edge. I may be reading too much into it, but he refers to Grape as "the cat" (which, to me, implies she's special in some way) and then changed Joel from human to canine (likely so that he'd have access to skills Joel had as a human that a regular dog would not). He also seems to like to try and find loopholes that let him do things that are against the spirit of the rules if not the letter (essentially he'd be the type of player to create something like locate city bomb).

So, thoughts on who Pete might want as an avatar? Remember, he can override the person's brain, so any personality issues, well, aren't.

For my part I think likely candidates could include:

1) Max - boyfriend to Grape, ex-boyfriend to Sabrina, Max would be a perfect way to stick it to Dragon for blocking him from getting Grape since he's now tied into the two characters who have the most to do with Dragon's avatar: Sabrina, who's Tarot's apprentice, and Grape, who's Peanut's best-friend-with-mushiness-benefits (and, of course, Peanut, who's Tarot's boyfriend). I'm not sure what Pete could do to either trick Max into becoming his avatar or otherwise persuade him, however.

2) Fido - as de facto leader of the local canines (and boyfriend to Sabrina) Fido is a good candidate for take-over. He has the loyalty of the dogs and would be a good way to stick it to Dragon (being the boyfriend of Tarot's apprentice). The issue would be getting Fido to agree to such a thing, though Pete is not against trickery.

3) Bino - Bino lacks Fido's charisma, but he's still Fido's brother and has a gang of loyal followers, including Fox, who is close to King. Bino's also just desperate enough for power to willingly agree to such a deal. We've also seen that Bino can be a jerk, so it's unlikely anyone would notice the change for a while. Also, Bino's relationship to Fido (and thus to Sabrina and Tarot), would be a nice touch.

4) Fatty - we don't know what Fatty's jail sentence (if any) was. Joel's was going to be time served, so Fatty may have gotten off similarly lightly. Though Fatty is removed from reality in many ways, he could possibly be tricked into becoming a cat/dog so that he can "lead the pets to arise from within!" or something similar. Presumably he'd also provide Pete with access to skills that a normal cat/dog would not have, just as Joel might have. This would also be a nice form of revenge against Joel/King.

5) Res - Res writes the Pridelands books and thus has an enormous influence on pets everywhere, especially felines. Res doesn't live near Babylon Gardens, though, and I'm not sure what other limits there might be on Pete's ability to influence things on their world (such as forcing Res's owner to move to Babylon Gardens).

6) Tiger - Tiger wants respect. Pete could promise him that respect by becoming Pete's avatar. Done deal. Unlike Max, Fido, Bino, Fatty, and Res, however, Tiger doesn't really provide Pete with many benefits (other than his near-psychotic mental state, which would make any strange behavior be chalked up to "TIIIIIIIGEEEEER! Who drew all the pentagrams on the floor!").

7) Miles or his family - Though technically not dogs, science shows that dogs are, basically, wolves in funny shapes. Pete could easily argue that on a genetic level the difference between Miles and Peanut is negligible if not irrelevant. The benefit, of course, would be having a huge wolf to do things. The problem would be that wolves are somewhat like social pariahs according to The Visitor arc, so they might not be the best advantage he could have.

Folks it can't be:

1) Grape - By appearing when she did during N-ple Date, Tarot somehow prevented Pete from gaining Grape as an avatar. Subsequent events have only made her more paranoid of him.

2) Peanut - He's protected as long as Tarot's linked to him. Also he really knows too much about Pete to agree.

3) Zach - Zach's a rabbit, not a cat or dog, so is ineligible.

4) Sasha - Sasha is protected. The extent of this protection, or what it consists of, is unknown, but since Pete mentioned it has some significance.
Last edited by Indagare on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image"Remember kids, only you can prevent a fiery apocalypse!"
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Miles, not Milo.

Man now that you wrote this up this makes me wish I'd gotten a little more in-depth with the explanation.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Fans love to speculate, Rick =P

Just a note about Grape: I'm sure the real reason Pete didn't take Grape is because Zach woke Pete up instead of her, which was most likely the condition he needed for someone to be his avatar. Sure, Dragon and Tarot tried interfering, but i'm sure he's just upset that they tried to stop him to begin with.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Indagare

Post by Indagare »

rickgriffin wrote:Miles, not Milo.

Man now that you wrote this up this makes me wish I'd gotten a little more in-depth with the explanation.
You know, I had to have read that ten times to check for spelling errors... 'Tis fixed.

Well you said something was coming up "soonish" (whenever that is). You could always explain it more then. Besides, speculation is half the fun!
FlyAwayNow

Post by FlyAwayNow »

Now with that intresting prospect of Rick regretting a key factor in which he might make up for............Did you rule out the fact that an entirely new character might come along? Someone in the wrong place at the right time?
Que Lastima
Indagare

Post by Indagare »

FlyAwayNow wrote:

Now with that intresting prospect of Rick regretting a key factor in which he might make up for............Did you rule out the fact that an entirely new character might come along? Someone in the wrong place at the right time?
No, it could easily be a new character who appears out of the blue, but there's no real way of predicting a name or species for such a character. I mean if Pete wants to go into 'evil opposites' he could choose a male cat (as opposed to Tarot, who's a female dog). You're certainly welcome to speculate on such a character: name, gender, species, how the character will be introduced, etc. I'm just theorizing it'll be a known character because that would make for more drama and comedy.
GameCobra wrote:Fans love to speculate, Rick =P

Just a note about Grape: I'm sure the real reason Pete didn't take Grape is because Zach woke Pete up instead of her, which was most likely the condition he needed for someone to be his avatar. Sure, Dragon and Tarot tried interfering, but i'm sure he's just upset that they tried to stop him to begin with.
It could be. Pete certainly intended for Grape to release him, given that whole dream-or-was-it sequence. It would also explain why he was upset about the temple being moved. Still, by now Grape would never agree to be his avatar.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I'm going with Max or Bino if its someone we already know. They make the most logical sense out of anyone; if I were to pick between the two I would say its slightly more likely to be Max. If its not someone we know already, well there is no point in speculation.
Pepperjack

Post by Pepperjack »

Indagare wrote: No, it could easily be a new character who appears out of the blue,
This is what I was thinking mainly because of something the Great Kitsune said, that Pete is forbidden to do anymore with King and enter the Arena untill he gets a full avitar. The fact he vanishes afterword leaves me to think that "Babylon Gardens" is the "Arena"

I see it as he tried to get Grape but thanks to Tariot/Dragon he was unable to, than tried to use King but do to his abuse of the rules has been barred from the "Arena". If Pete appers again with an avitar, I have a feeling it will be a new character from outside the gardens.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Pepperjack wrote:
Indagare wrote: No, it could easily be a new character who appears out of the blue,
This is what I was thinking mainly because of something the Great Kitsune said, that Pete is forbidden to do anymore with King and enter the Arena untill he gets a full avitar. The fact he vanishes afterword leaves me to think that "Babylon Gardens" is the "Arena"

I see it as he tried to get Grape but thanks to Tariot/Dragon he was unable to, than tried to use King but do to his abuse of the rules has been barred from the "Arena". If Pete appers again with an avitar, I have a feeling it will be a new character from outside the gardens.
You have a point, except then why even bother taking this long to reveal it then? I mean if its not going to be Res (which I think would make too many people angry anyway.) we don't know anyone else outside of BG ,so who really cares at that point. And if your right the only person with any emotional pull for the reveal would be Res so again why bother hiding it for so long. Plus how would he get back to BG and the game if that was true?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Although it doesn't much matter if Rick introduces more cahracters, but the best part about all of this is even if Rick was to introduce a new character... we have no idea of knowing right off the bat if said character belongs to Pete or the Kitsune. Either one of them i could count on just throwing us off just to have fun with that fact since i can see it in their nature to do that =P
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:Although it doesn't much matter if Rick introduces more cahracters, but the best part about all of this is even if Rick was to introduce a new character... we have no idea of knowing right off the bat if said character belongs to Pete or the Kitsune. Either one of them i could count on just throwing us off just to have fun with that fact since i can see it in their nature to do that =P
Except for the fact that I think its been said multiple times now that Kitsune does not have an Avatar as he is the GM. Even if he did (and I'm not saying he does.) its much more likely to be Sasha due to her "Protected" status.
Pepperjack

Post by Pepperjack »

IceKitsune wrote:You have a point, except then why even bother taking this long to reveal it then? I mean if its not going to be Res (which I think would make too many people angry anyway.) we don't know anyone else outside of BG ,so who really cares at that point. And if your right the only person with any emotional pull for the reveal would be Res so again why bother hiding it for so long. Plus how would he get back to BG and the game if that was true?
The getting back to BG would be the easy part, moved there, adopted by a familiy there, a stray.

Considering Pete just got repramanded by the Great Kitsune, he would try to find someone that was the most compatibale with his personality (similar minds think alike type deal) so as not to get called foul on again, at least not so soon.

This is just my opinion and line of thought on the matter though, I thought out a fanfic plotline dealing with this issue a day or 2 ago so I might be a bit biased because of that.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

EDIT: Nevermind, I am an idiot who cannot read
ImageImage
ImageImage
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I'm surprised that none have really mentioned Fox yet. Pete seems the kind of person who would hold a grudge against King, and Fox would be the perfect way to get back at King emotionally. Also, Fox seems the only member of his posse who Bino will even slightly listen to.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

naylorfan90 wrote:I'm surprised that none have really mentioned Fox yet. Pete seems the kind of person who would hold a grudge against King, and Fox would be the perfect way to get back at King emotionally. Also, Fox seems the only member of his posse who Bino will even slightly listen to.
The major problem with Fox is that getting back at King is all it really does for Pete. I don't think Pete is that petty that he would forgo people that get him some advantage in the game just to get back at King.
FlyAwayNow

Post by FlyAwayNow »

"They" don't have the ability to manifest a new person entirely, do they?
Que Lastima
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

FlyAwayNow wrote:"They" don't have the ability to manifest a new person entirely, do they?
No The Cosmic Nerds do have that ability,I think; I mean they are powerful enough to create a universe with people in it. It would just take a bit of effort as Sinder said,but they don't use it because it would be against the rules/spirit of the game they are playing.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I'd go for Max too... But since Rick is also full of unpredictability, my bets are on Marvin.
I mean, he's simply perfect to play behind the scenes:
1) Tiger is so self-absorbed, he wouldn't even notice any change in Marvin
2) Even if Zach *did* notice, who'd believe him? He's known for getting scared for about everything!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

IceKitsune wrote:Except for the fact that I think its been said multiple times now that Kitsune does not have an Avatar as he is the GM. Even if he did (and I'm not saying he does.) its much more likely to be Sasha due to her "Protected" status.
If i'm not mistaken though, the GM can make up the plot or story and can include certain things of his own. It doens't have to be an avatar, but it could be something he created for the purpose of whatever story that Pete and Dragon are playing and therefore can possibly add his own character without the use of a avatar >.>

That's just an assumption though.

One thing that struck me as an interesting assumption... i wonder if it's possible that Pete could possibly use both Max and Bino somehow as a avatar?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Except for the fact that I think its been said multiple times now that Kitsune does not have an Avatar as he is the GM. Even if he did (and I'm not saying he does.) its much more likely to be Sasha due to her "Protected" status.
If i'm not mistaken though, the GM can make up the plot or story and can include certain things of his own. It doens't have to be an avatar, but it could be something he created for the purpose of whatever story that Pete and Dragon are playing and therefore can possibly add his own character without the use of a avatar >.>

That's just an assumption though.

One thing that struck me as an interesting assumption... i wonder if it's possible that Pete could possibly use both Max and Bino somehow as a avatar?
I would assume that, that would be very unlikely but It would be a very nice twist in the story. And as for Kitsune creating his own avatar, since they picked a pre-existing universe and its against the rules to create there own Avatars I think that him creating some one would be against the rules as well.
Indagare

Post by Indagare »

FlyAwayNow wrote:"They" don't have the ability to manifest a new person entirely, do they?
Well, Pete put on his "Gaspar getup".
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

I would say that Grape is a definite possibility. Why?

Third panel.

On Pete's "character sheet", the avatar section reads: Grape King.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Despite that Pete says "... Even though you've already prevented me from gaining The Cat as my avatar, why is your avatar still with The Dog?" To me, that (combined with Grape's name being crossed out) indicates that Pete originally wanted Grape to be his avatar but Tarot's warning freaked Grape out enough that she doesn't want anything at all to do with the supernatural game (which is further reinforced by her reluctance to talk about Peanut's "dream" in the most recent comic). I'd say the chance of Grape becoming Pete's avatar is zero. Or possibly -127%. Whichever.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I'd day there's a good chance that Pete would choose Max as his avatar, seeing as Tarot, whi's Dragon's avatar, became Peanut's girlfriend and ruined Pete's chances of getting Grape as his avatar. He could use Max as a way of getting to Grape regardless.
FlyAwayNow

Post by FlyAwayNow »

I really wanna say Max because youv'e stacked the facts on him, but I just can't shake the feeling that Rick will add in a new pet.
Que Lastima
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Max is the most likely candidate. I've been guessing him for a while now. As for the scenario? Grape breaks up with him. Emotionally crushed, Pete appears and tells him he can give Max the power to win her back or get revenge on her, so Max agrees. Max acts tough, but he is really a being with little to no confidence. He would not take a break up kindly.

Both Fido and Fox are easy to guess as scenarios. All Pete has to do is tell Fido that he needs help stopping some calamity. Make Fido believe that the Spirit Dragon is evil, and that making Fido his avatar will give Pete the chance to stop her.

For Fox, Pete just tells him the truth about King. Tricking Fox into becoming his avatar by giving him half the story, and convincing Fox that becoming his avatar is the only way to stop King/Joel from doing something. Fox does have more advantages than just messing with King's head. Fox has pull with both Bino and Fido, and is known as one of the more even tempered among the canine population. He is also smart enough to hide the fact that he has become Pete's avatar, and is acquainted with most, if not all, of the dogs in Babylon Gardens. He would be a good behind the scenes kind of person, since he pretty much acts as confidante and adviser to the top brass in the GODC.

Does anyone else have the feeling that the game somehow revolves around Peanut? It's just that almost all of the happenings either directly or indirectly influence him. I don't know, it is just a feeling I've been getting lately.

As for Res, all he would have to do is ask his owner to move there. He writes the Best selling book series that pays all of the bills and that she takes credit for, What is she going to do, say no? All he has to do is feign writer's block! :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
exranio

Post by exranio »

Indagare wrote:
4) Sasha - Sasha is protected. The extent of this protection, or what it consists of, is unknown, but since Pete mentioned it has some significance.
I'm just gonna say I don't think that means anything. Pete is not known for being truthful and upstanding.From what I got he lies, manipulates, and swerves around the rules. He said she's protected SO WHAT I don't see a document or anything and he's given no reason to trust his word so far.

With that said I don't think he would choose her. She can mess with any characters heart however she's too "stupid".
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Bino

Post by Bino »

copper wrote:Max is the most likely candidate. I've been guessing him for a while now. As for the scenario? Grape breaks up with him. Emotionally crushed, Pete appears and tells him he can give Max the power to win her back or get revenge on her, so Max agrees. Max acts tough, but he is really a being with little to no confidence. He would not take a break up kindly.
Or it could be the other way around and max joins the cosmic game and THEN Grape breaks up with him because she wants nothing to do with it
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
FlyAwayNow

Post by FlyAwayNow »

A best devil child/pet would be perfect plot ammunition, just throwing those two pence out.
Que Lastima
loomCAT

Post by loomCAT »

I'm going to be a party pooper here and remind everyone of Rick's very metafictional writing style. A lot of his work on this comic has been influenced by fan reaction (well, some strips at least are obvious responses to fan dumb and such). It's highly possible that Rick could, after reading this comic, take some of the ideas and theories that have been presented here to inspire the comic, only to twist them around and fake us out badly. And if you don't think he would, then you haven't been paying attention to the Grapenut ship teasing he's done.

That said, I'll put my two cents in for the speculation.

The greatest issue here, I would think, is motivating the characters to actually offer themselves up as an avatar. How could Pete manipulate them into doing that? Copper offered some really good theories for several characters, and I really can't think of any more reasonable speculation at the moment for this step.

Though I have to ask about another step in the process: maintaining the avatar. I'm overthinking this, I know, but how does the whole "consent" thing work? Does offering your consent to become an avatar equal selling your soul? (i.e., once you've given your consent, you cannot rescind the agreement until our little Cosmic Nerds are done with you) Or are you able to end the "pact" at any time? I would consider the former to be more efficient and, therefore, more likely, but it's food for thought, I suppose.

Also, this is more of a crack theory, but I have to ask: what if Joey (or, heavens forbid, Lester) could be avatars? Granted, I can't see the benefit of that but, again, just something to mull over (like, say, they were a last resort or something).
Bino

Post by Bino »

loomCAT wrote:I'm going to be a party pooper here and remind everyone of Rick's very metafictional writing style. A lot of his work on this comic has been influenced by fan reaction (well, some strips at least are obvious responses to fan dumb and such). It's highly possible that Rick could, after reading this comic, take some of the ideas and theories that have been presented here to inspire the comic, only to twist them around and fake us out badly. And if you don't think he would, then you haven't been paying attention to the Grapenut ship teasing he's done.

The greatest issue here, I would think, is motivating the characters to actually offer themselves up as an avatar. How could Pete manipulate them into doing that? Copper offered some really good theories for several characters, and I really can't think of any more reasonable speculation at the moment for this step.

Though I have to ask about another step in the process: maintaining the avatar. I'm overthinking this, I know, but how does the whole "consent" thing work? Does offering your consent to become an avatar equal selling your soul? (i.e., once you've given your consent, you cannot rescind the agreement until our little Cosmic Nerds are done with you) Or are you able to end the "pact" at any time? I would consider the former to be more efficient and, therefore, more likely, but it's food for thought, I suppose.

Also, this is more of a crack theory, but I have to ask: what if Joey (or, heavens forbid, Lester) could be avatars? Granted, I can't see the benefit of that but, again, just something to mull over (like, say, they were a last resort or something).
I quote "once you enter the game, you cannot simply leave", even King is still in the game, he just isn't an avatar and is a 3rd party player.

As for Grapenut ship teases, if Rick keeps it up i'm gonna have to bribe him to make it real.....

I was thinking about looking through this forum and creating a list of all the characters here and possibilities involving them, anyone else think that would be a good idea?
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
exranio

Post by exranio »

Since Lester was mentioned I think Pete wouldn't have any problem taking him. Lester seems to be so into games, andime and ect that all pete would have to do is simply ask plus lester does seem to be a jerk.

Then the thing is (as far as we can tell) not many people know Lester. There's a benefit to being unknown.
1 No one suspects you
2 No one no's what sorta person you are
3 Your fresh on everyone so you don't have to worry about anyone having a bias against you.

Plus Lester plays D&D and probly knows some stuff that could help them out. Joey, Lester, and Fido seem to be the only pets with much knowledge of D&D.(that we know)
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

exranio wrote:Since Lester was mentioned I think Pete wouldn't have any problem taking him. Lester seems to be so into games, andime and ect that all pete would have to do is simply ask plus lester does seem to be a jerk.

Then the thing is (as far as we can tell) not many people know Lester. There's a benefit to being unknown.
1 No one suspects you
2 No one no's what sorta person you are
3 Your fresh on everyone so you don't have to worry about anyone having a bias against you.

Plus Lester plays D&D and probly knows some stuff that could help them out. Joey, Lester, and Fido seem to be the only pets with much knowledge of D&D.(that we know)
Peanut also knows a bit about D&D. In the road trip arc he was creating a character sheet. That is also when he mentions that he once played with Joey and his friends. And King played in college, but that is irrelevant.

Lester is an outside chance. it is possible, but highly unlikely. Though he is not known well, his personality is not ideal for an avatar.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Indagare

Post by Indagare »

loomCAT wrote:I'm going to be a party pooper here and remind everyone of Rick's very metafictional writing style. A lot of his work on this comic has been influenced by fan reaction (well, some strips at least are obvious responses to fan dumb and such). It's highly possible that Rick could, after reading this comic, take some of the ideas and theories that have been presented here to inspire the comic, only to twist them around and fake us out badly. And if you don't think he would, then you haven't been paying attention to the Grapenut ship teasing he's done.

Well, if this strip is any indication, once consent is given the person can do anything with you that wouldn't violate the dog/cat rule. While Tarot works for Dragon, Pete's a known power gamer and if his avatar got too rebellious I really wouldn't put it past Pete to simply override the avatar's brain.

Well no theories are out - as you mentioned Rick has a habit of twisting things to suit his needs. For myself I don't see much of a benefit either, but if Pete's desperate he just might take anyone.
Bino wrote:I quote "once you enter the game, you cannot simply leave", even King is still in the game, he just isn't an avatar and is a 3rd party player.

As for Grapenut ship teases, if Rick keeps it up i'm gonna have to bribe him to make it real.....

I was thinking about looking through this forum and creating a list of all the characters here and possibilities involving them, anyone else think that would be a good idea?
Well, the whole reason I created this thread was so that people could do just that. It's nice to debate, but it's also nice to see what other people think - what characters they'd choose and why.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Bino wrote:As for Grapenut ship teases, if Rick keeps it up i'm gonna have to bribe him to make it real.....
First off, the furret is not bribeable.

Second, what ship teasing is there? If you all remember, the ship was pretty much sunk in IM2. Both Peanut and Grape said that they were happy with their relationship as it was. If there's -any- teasing at all, it's created by fans spending far too much time reading into something that's not even there.

The two have a sibling like relationship and will for the foreseeable future. Fact.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Technically it's been anchored, not sunk.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:Technically it's been anchored, not sunk.
Yep that's true, unless Rick has been telling Foxstar stuff which I doubt. Anyway back on topic here I'm still going with Max or Bino as the most likely candidates. Bino could be gotten easily with his want of power but doesn't get Pete as much as Max would in terms of in game power to keep an eye on Dragon and what not as I said before. Plus the whole thing about Max having night Terrors could be brought back which Pete could promise to get rid of for Max, if he becomes his avatar. Bino is easy enough since hes power hungry so that would be no problem to get him to agree.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

IceKitsune wrote:
Sleet wrote:Technically it's been anchored, not sunk.
Yep that's true, unless Rick has been telling Foxstar stuff which I doubt. Anyway back on topic here I'm still going with Max or Bino as the most likely candidates. Bino could be gotten easily with his want of power but doesn't get Pete as much as Max would in terms of in game power to keep an eye on Dragon and what not as I said before. Plus the whole thing about Max having night Terrors could be brought back which Pete could promise to get rid of for Max, if he becomes his avatar. Bino is easy enough since hes power hungry so that would be no problem to get him to agree.
Plus Max would be an easy way to keep an eye on Tarot/Dragon if "Imaginate, Three" happens.
Bino

Post by Bino »

Foxstar wrote:
Bino wrote:As for Grapenut ship teases, if Rick keeps it up i'm gonna have to bribe him to make it real.....

Second, what ship teasing is there? If you all remember, the ship was pretty much sunk in IM2. Both Peanut and Grape said that they were happy with their relationship as it was. If there's -any- teasing at all, it's created by fans spending far too much time reading into something that's not even there.

The two have a sibling like relationship and will for the foreseeable future. Fact.
What about the couch one-off where peanut is asleep and grape is on his lap lovin it? IMO max and grape don't have the most stable of relationships, and if they were to break up that could start a snowball effect. Tarot knows Peanut likes Grape (observable when she said she wouldn't leave until grape could accept him fully) and just wants Peanut to be happy and may cut it off. Peanut and Grape rebound? Perhaps?

There's no reason why we should have to stop shipping, even if Rick came out and said he would never have Grapenut the shipping wouldnt stop

Anyways... Back on topic
Indagare

Post by Indagare »

Bino wrote:
Foxstar wrote:

What about the couch one-off where peanut is asleep and grape is on his lap lovin it? IMO max and grape don't have the most stable of relationships, and if they were to break up that could start a snowball effect. Tarot knows Peanut likes Grape (observable when she said she wouldn't leave until grape could accept him fully) and just wants Peanut to be happy and may cut it off. Peanut and Grape rebound? Perhaps?

There's no reason why we should have to stop shipping, even if Rick came out and said he would never have Grapenut the shipping wouldnt stop

Anyways... Back on topic
Grapenut - it's like Godwin's law, only furrier... O.o;

Does anyone else have a guess about Pete's avatar?