Change of Mod Office

Discuss the comic here
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Change of Mod Office

Post by rickgriffin »

Buckdida has decided to step down from his role as Global Moderator. I understand how hard the job can be; after all, why do you think I so rarely bother showing up? However, I hope you can still find time to be an active member of the community.

This probably means that it's time Sleet was promoted to Global Moderator position, if there are no objections.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Change of Mod Office

Post by Sleet »

It's a shame to see Buck go, as he did a great job when he had that position! I really hope to see him continue membership (hopefully a bit more active) in the future, though. We love ya, Buck! Also he should keep his title. :3

I personally have no objections to holding that position.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

What no that would be horrible what. = P

I'm being replaced.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Yar, I'll be sticking around, though I've decided to step down. Hopefully, I won't fall back on old habits and mini-mod by accident. :P

Good luck to other mods in keeping the peace!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I am quite sure people would not take offense with you mini-moding, since you more or less have the right to in a way, just can no longer take action. ^^; Does not matter to me who gets the Global Moderator title, so long as they are active in most of the sections in the forum.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:It's a shame to see Buck go, as he did a great job when he had that position! I really hope to see him continue membership (hopefully a bit more active) in the future, though. We love ya, Buck! Also he should keep his title. :3

I personally have no objections to holding that position.
Of course you wouldn't. :P You've wanted to be a global mod since forever. Nonetheless, good luck.

I /want/ it, /kinda/, but there's no way I'd get that because even I don't think I deserve it.
Souji

Post by Souji »

Brenden, I think you have enough on your overfilling plate. XP
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'm not surprised Sleet's stepping up. I'm only surprised it's taken so long, honestly.

(don't forget I'm always ready for more work 24-7 though :P )
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet deserves it most at this point.
but if another position ever opens up, know I'm here almost every day for most of the day and fairly active in all sections of the forum : P
but again, yes, it goes to Sleet.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

I object coz sleet's smelly.
Oh wait never mind (s)he'll fit right in. :B

(I actually have no objections I just like being a jerk)
bwah bwah
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

Hey, ctcmjh is still awesome.He also deserves it in my book.

[but my book doesn't count....]
RAINBOW YEAAH!
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

QuartzOrren wrote:Hey, ctcmjh is still awesome.He also deserves it in my book.

If your opinion didn't count, Rick wouldn't be offering you the chance to voice your objections.

I have no objections to Sleet going global. I'd have no objections to ctcmjh filling the role either, but I hardly ever see him around.
Image Image
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

oh what

it's like we have to shuffle over to make room, but not really, because we're losing one at the same time

i'm not sure how to feel about this!

(Oh, but Sleet's fine, I'm not objecting to that :V)
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

My only serious question is whether there's enough activity to justify another global mod. = P Alternately, more help is never a bad thing! *giggles*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

well, considering we're losing one and gaining one, that doesn't strike me as being "another mod" so much as just a bit of juggling.

and as for the second part of that message, i was just about to pick on you until you edited that in :P
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Construction Boots

Post by Construction Boots »

In the short amount of time I have been here I have seen no reason for Sleet not to be given a promotion. As he Sleet has shown kindness towards me when I first posted on the welcome thread. Also I like seeing what Sleet has up for an avatar.

On a side note what does a global mod do that a normal mod doesn't?
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Widget's stats: S- 4, P- 4, E- 8, C- 4, I- 5, A- 10, L- 7

Inky's stats: S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

A global moderator has a few more powers, but mostly they're just moderators over the entire forum rather than their one section.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Well done to you sleet. I see no reason why you shouldn't step up.

I'm not interested in any position but i'm curious to know if once Sleet and everyone else moves up (or doesnt) does this mean there is a space to fill of some other kind.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
FlintTheSquirrel

True enough, what Ebly said about moving in ranks, you do technically lose one since you have less section only mods now. However, that being said, I honestly dun think we need any more right now. From what I have seen, the forums has been pretty behaved and not really needing much moderator enforcing as it used to. ^^;
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

CaptainPea wrote:
QuartzOrren wrote:Hey, ctcmjh is still awesome.He also deserves it in my book.

If your opinion didn't count, Rick wouldn't be offering you the chance to voice your objections.

I have no objections to Sleet going global. I'd have no objections to ctcmjh filling the role either, but I hardly ever see him around.
Yes, while I may be awesome, I am not nearly active enough outside of the roleplaying forum to be fit for the position of global moderator.

Also, I absolutely support Sleet's promotion.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think Brent and Pea are perfectly capable of handling Not the Comic, especially considering I'd still be a moderator there.
ctcmjh wrote:Yes, while I may be awesome, I am not nearly active enough outside of the roleplaying forum to be fit for the position of global moderator.
It'd be cool if you were though. /)^3^(\
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sleet wrote:I think Brent and Pea are perfectly capable of handling Not the Comic, especially considering I'd still be a moderator there.
ctcmjh wrote:Yes, while I may be awesome, I am not nearly active enough outside of the roleplaying forum to be fit for the position of global moderator.
Well, perhaps you getting this position is inspiring me to attempt to be more active?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

ctcmjh wrote:
Sleet wrote:I think Brent and Pea are perfectly capable of handling Not the Comic, especially considering I'd still be a moderator there.
Well, perhaps you getting this position is inspiring me to attempt to be more active?
That's always nice. :P
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Though I do support Sleet's bid as Global Moderator, there is a concern that I wish to raise:

Are we not relying on Sleet - one person - to handle enough already? Sleet already goes beyond the call of duty for these forums and its members and I am just wondering whether it is fair to place yet more work and responsibilities on just one person. Being a Global Moderator is not a reward, its a burden.
There is already a "Go to Sleet" mentality growing on the forums. With Sleet as a Global Moderator, who would bother going to the other moderators since Sleet could do everything that any of the others can do, and it is true that some members are still nervous when approaching the other moderators (especially new members) with Sleet as the only true exception. He/She would become everyones first port of call for every problem, and it seems unfair to place a greater burden on him/her when he/she does so much already.
I would feel really bad for Sleet if his/her responsibilities became overwhelming and starts to interrupt his/her real life.
That's all I wanted to say. Perhaps my concerns are unnecessary but it is something to consider.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Whilst I agree Sleet does a lot already, the fox wants the responsibility. You'll find (s)he's wanted to get up the ladder for a long time, so I imagine (s)he's seeing this as a reward anyway friend, even if it does require him to put in a lot more work.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

44R0NM10 wrote:Whilst I agree Sleet does a lot already, the fox wants the responsibility. You'll find (s)he's wanted to get up the ladder for a long time, so I imagine (s)he's seeing this as a reward anyway friend, even if it does require him to put in a lot more work.
Sleet may want the title but it still seems unreasonable to expect even more out of him/her. Sleet is not just a Moderator but also a member, just like everyone else, and he/she should have the opportunity to take a break from fulfilling the role as the moderator once in a while. It just feels as though he/she will have less of an opportunity to relax and enjoy the forums if he/she was lumbered with more work, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, least of all someone like Sleet who has more than been heavily taxed as it is.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like being a moderator. I love this forum and I want it to be the best it can be. You don't have to worry about me!
FlintTheSquirrel

If it makes you feel any better, I will probably keep going to Dissension if I need anything. I dun really know Sleet a lot and nor do I talk to em much at all, other than an unsettling conversation before. Just hope people will not bother ya to much. I dun think I would want a large role like that.
Anyways, Squirrels need to stick together.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well I'd always be glad to get to know ya better!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

So badically you're saying your original promotion to forum moderator was completely unnecessary? :P
bwah bwah
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Hm.

I shall have to think on it myself. Those are some powerfully big shoes to fill.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Psykeout wrote:
So badically you're saying your original promotion to forum moderator was completely unnecessary? :P
No, Brent's was. :P
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Love the forums. Buck was a great moderator, but times have to change just as much as anyone these days.

I wish both Sleet and Buck the best of luck =)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Foxstar wrote:Hm.

I shall have to think on it myself. Those are some powerfully big shoes to fill.
Well that's more of a thing to say when you're trying to figure out who to promote, not whether or not someone should be promoted.

Unless you know something I don't know. . 3.
bwah bwah
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Psykeout wrote:
Foxstar wrote:Hm.

Well that's more of a thing to say when you're trying to figure out who to promote, not whether or not someone should be promoted.

Unless you know something I don't know. . 3.
I know when I told my friend Zeldakeeper, she was surprised there wasn't a vote. Still, the only reason I'd like to see a vote is to see who'd come second. I mean, just picking Sleet saves time, and if (s)he isn't voted in I would be really, really surprised.

Besides, Rick's already stated this is a dictatorship anyway. :P
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

I always felt like voting gave the idea that it had some sort of social status.
bwah bwah
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Being a moderator is kind of like being that one girl who's popular because she has the most expensive clothes. It means you're more popular and therefore better than everyone else, and little more.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Sleet wrote:Being a moderator is kind of like being that one girl who's popular because she has the most expensive clothes. It means you're more popular and therefore better than everyone else, and little more.
Which is perpendicular to the truth.

Oh god uptacks make sense now
bwah bwah
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Well it's already decided, so I'm going to say nothing else on the issue.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

A moderator is not defined by his status,
a true moderator does not need a green/blue name to enforce the rules, his presence is enough for that.

Buck is/was such a moderator and done a great job for such a long time, a applaud and look up to him.
even tough he might not be a mod, I expect all of you to behave your best around him.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"