Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Spanish translation 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico.
Post Spanish translation
I have always wanted to translate this comic as a way to show my appreciation to the creator, so I just finished the translation of the first strip, and just started with many more...
The Spanish I will use is Mexican, but I will try to tone down the Mexican slang and make something that can be understood by most Spanish speakers.
(I just finished fixing the problem of bottom to top reading, I will have to upload the translations in batches of 3 strips, so the order can be correct.)


Attachments:
2008-06-02-Cuando el Aburrimiento Ataca.png
2008-06-02-Cuando el Aburrimiento Ataca.png [ 64.73 KiB | Viewed 6131 times ]
2008-06-04-Mision-limpieza.png
2008-06-04-Mision-limpieza.png [ 160.88 KiB | Viewed 6132 times ]
2008-06-06-El-primer-comic-con-ninjas.png
2008-06-06-El-primer-comic-con-ninjas.png [ 169.65 KiB | Viewed 6131 times ]


Last edited by lopiko on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 240
Location: Internet
Post Re: Spanish translation
Hey I can help you, I speak spanish too.

Not mexican spanish, the chilean one.

_________________
Gentlemen.


Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:55 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1754
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: Spanish translation
Hooray for new thread!

Perhaps there could be a way to make alternate main sites in which to place translations

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:24 pm
Posts: 69
Location: NJ
Post Re: Spanish translation
Even though I don't particularly care for the comic I know Ctrl+Alt+Del has an interesting way of translating where flags of the nation are along the top to click to translate it to that language...

EX: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20021023

Though by the way you're saying it I guess you want separate sites for all the different languages....


Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:06 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico.
Post Re: Spanish translation
Anonymous_Pyro wrote:
Hey I can help you, I speak spanish too.

Not mexican spanish, the chilean one.


Maybe you can tell me if there's something that doesn't make sense in Chilean Spanish, so I can replace it with something making more sense?


Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 240
Location: Internet
Post Re: Spanish translation
lopiko wrote:
Maybe you can tell me if there's something that doesn't make sense in Chilean Spanish, so I can replace it with something making more sense?


Alrighty then.

And don't forget about this in your translation: Ñ

_________________
Gentlemen.


Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico.
Post Re: Spanish translation
Anonymous_Pyro wrote:
lopiko wrote:
Maybe you can tell me if there's something that doesn't make sense in Chilean Spanish, so I can replace it with something making more sense?


Alrighty then.

And don't forget about this in your translation: Ñ


What a shame! the font I'm using doesn't have absolutely any Spanish characters letters like Á É Í Ó Ú or Ñ, so I think for the Ñ I will have to edit a Tilde to the N... but for the acute accents... I don't know...


Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: End of Time
Post Re: Spanish translation
lopiko wrote:
What a shame! the font I'm using doesn't have absolutely any Spanish characters letters like Á É Í Ó Ú or Ñ, so I think for the Ñ I will have to edit a Tilde to the N... but for the acute accents... I don't know...

I thought it depends on your keyboard, not your font......

_________________
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image


Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 240
Location: Internet
Post Re: Spanish translation
Alex wrote:
I thought it depends on your keyboard, not your font......


Not all the fonts have the same characters letters.

_________________
Gentlemen.


Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico.
Post Re: Spanish translation
Alex wrote:
lopiko wrote:
What a shame! the font I'm using doesn't have absolutely any Spanish characters letters like Á É Í Ó Ú or Ñ, so I think for the Ñ I will have to edit a Tilde to the N... but for the acute accents... I don't know...

I thought it depends on your keyboard, not your font......


That's what I would think, but whenever I press the Ñ in my keyboard, a Square character appears, meaning that character doesn't exist...


Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1754
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: Spanish translation
Well this is the biggest issue with the font I'm using; I think Webletterer Pro may support accents but it costs money.

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: End of Time
Post Re: Spanish translation
Well, I guess I was wrong about the keyboard thing....... it will take a second more, but I guess you'll have to add the horizontal line manually.

_________________
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image


Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico.
Post Re: Spanish translation
rickgriffin wrote:
Well this is the biggest issue with the font I'm using; I think Webletterer Pro may support accents but it costs money.


Hehe, no problem about that, I just can edit the accents in, It's no big deal.


Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 240
Location: Internet
Post Re: Spanish translation
lopiko wrote:
Hehe, no problem about that, I just can edit the accents in, It's no big deal.


And with this, a big problem got solved.

_________________
Gentlemen.


Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Spanish translation
Spanishspanishspanishspanishspanishspanishspanish
YES. I have wanted this translation for ages! U:

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 240
Location: Internet
Post Re: Spanish translation
Ebly wrote:
YES. I have wanted this translation for ages! U:


Image : What country are you from?

_________________
Gentlemen.


Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Spanish translation
Anonymous_Pyro wrote:
Ebly wrote:
YES. I have wanted this translation for ages! U:


[pulpfiction] : What country are you from?

Australia. U:
It just seemed like the logical first step, or French, so Italian actually surprised me. |:
And besides that I'm really eager to learn Spanish sometime soon.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 240
Location: Internet
Post Re: Spanish translation
Ebly wrote:
It just seemed like the logical first step, or French, so Italian actually surprised me. |:
And besides that I'm really eager to learn Spanish sometime soon.


That's good to hear.

And in the last update of the translation I see a typo.

Is not "contraramos", is "contratamos".

Fix plz.

_________________
Gentlemen.


Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico.
Post Re: Spanish translation
Anonymous_Pyro wrote:
Ebly wrote:
It just seemed like the logical first step, or French, so Italian actually surprised me. |:
And besides that I'm really eager to learn Spanish sometime soon.


That's good to hear.

And in the last update of the translation I see a typo.

Is not "contraramos", is "contratamos".

Fix plz.



Done!


Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico.
Post Re: Spanish translation
Australia. U:
It just seemed like the logical first step, or French, so Italian actually surprised me. |:
And besides that I'm really eager to learn Spanish sometime soon.
[/quote]


Cool! I'm learning German now, and I know that reading webcomics in English and your target language to learn is a very good way to learn.


Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:02 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:00 am
Posts: 820
Location: El Paso, Texas
Post Re: Spanish translation
lopiko wrote:
Australia. U:
It just seemed like the logical first step, or French, so Italian actually surprised me. |:
And besides that I'm really eager to learn Spanish sometime soon.



Cool! I'm learning German now, and I know that reading webcomics in English and your target language to learn is a very good way to learn.[/quote]

Hey hey! I'm learning German too! :D


Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Spanish translation
U:
I also want to learn German, but you know. One step at a time.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:14 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:00 am
Posts: 820
Location: El Paso, Texas
Post Re: Spanish translation
Well, I'm not too well at it. My teacher is kinda crazy. She took alot of acid back in the 60's and 70's. She's cool.. but muffins and cookies, she's a bit of a psychopath. xP


Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Spanish translation
Slippy wrote:
Well, I'm not too well at it. My teacher is kinda crazy. She took alot of acid back in the 60's and 70's. She's cool.. but ****, she's a bit of a psychopath. xP

Why do you think she knows German?

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: End of Time
Post Re: Spanish translation
Ebly wrote:
Slippy wrote:
Well, I'm not too well at it. My teacher is kinda crazy. She took alot of acid back in the 60's and 70's. She's cool.. but ****, she's a bit of a psychopath. xP

Why do you think she knows German?

Maybe because she's his German teacher?

Anyway, I know German better than my mothers language (seriously), so I could translate the comic in German if you want me.

_________________
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image


Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:16 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico.
Post Re: Spanish translation
Here I finish the first arc.


Attachments:
2008-06-09-las-negociaciones-fallan. copy.png
2008-06-09-las-negociaciones-fallan. copy.png [ 165.39 KiB | Viewed 6132 times ]
2008-06-11-se-pone-peor copy.png
2008-06-11-se-pone-peor copy.png [ 173.27 KiB | Viewed 6131 times ]
2008-06-13-siempre-todo-termina copy.png
2008-06-13-siempre-todo-termina copy.png [ 232.53 KiB | Viewed 6132 times ]
Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Spanish translation
Alex wrote:
Ebly wrote:
Slippy wrote:
Well, I'm not too well at it. My teacher is kinda crazy. She took alot of acid back in the 60's and 70's. She's cool.. but ****, she's a bit of a psychopath. xP

Why do you think she knows German?

Maybe because she's his German teacher?

Anyway, I know German better than my mothers language (seriously), so I could translate the comic in German if you want me.

Well done, you misunderstood.
I was more making an allusion to the kind of people that learn German.
And asking her reasoning for learning German in the first place. Not anything else.
BASICALLY IT WAS A JOKE HA HA U:

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 240
Location: Internet
Post Re: Spanish translation
Ebly wrote:
BASICALLY IT WAS A JOKE HA HA U:


Wat

_________________
Gentlemen.


Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:20 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Spanish translation
Anonymous_Pyro wrote:
Ebly wrote:
BASICALLY IT WAS A JOKE HA HA U:


Wat

HA. HA. HA.
LAUGH WITH ME.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 240
Location: Internet
Post Re: Spanish translation
Ebly wrote:
HA. HA. HA.
LAUGH WITH ME.


I LAUGH BECAUSE YOU ARE A JOKE

_________________
Gentlemen.


Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Spanish translation
Anonymous_Pyro wrote:
Ebly wrote:
HA. HA. HA.
LAUGH WITH ME.


I LAUGH BECAUSE YOU ARE A JOKE

HA HA HA THAT WAS NOT FUNNY

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:28 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:00 am
Posts: 820
Location: El Paso, Texas
Post Re: Spanish translation
HAI GUIS


Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 240
Location: Internet
Post Re: Spanish translation
CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING LIKE BILLY MAYS?

Thanks you.

_________________
Gentlemen.


Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:44 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:00 am
Posts: 820
Location: El Paso, Texas
Post Re: Spanish translation
Anonymous_Pyro wrote:
CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING LIKE BILLY MAYS?

Thanks you.


BILLY MAYS HER-


Awww.. okay. :<


Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Spanish translation
Hahaha, he's dead.
Sucks to be him.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:29 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Italy
Post Re: Spanish translation
I so love the work you are doing, man! I hope it will be of inspirations to others to do the same.
You are translating directly from the italian version, right?
Funny, I expected exclamation/question marks to be put headdown before any sentence. I guess it's a language variation.
Long translate and prosper, Lopiko! :D :D :D

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Italy
Post Re: Spanish translation
Quote:
Anyway, I know German better than my mothers language (seriously), so I could translate the comic in German if you want me.

Seriously, I believe it would be a great addition. The more the merrier!

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico.
Post Re: Spanish translation
valerio wrote:
I so love the work you are doing, man! I hope it will be of inspirations to others to do the same.
You are translating directly from the italian version, right?
Funny, I expected exclamation/question marks to be put headdown before any sentence. I guess it's a language variation.
Long translate and prosper, Lopiko! :D :D :D


Hey, thanks, good thing coming from someone who translated the whole comic!
and yeah, I'm making some sacrifices, you see, I'm trying to make it look as similar as the original, so I'm using the same font, and, that font doesn't have any Spanish specific characters, such as the upside down question and exclamation marks, which are part of Spanish grammar, but I'm not adding them, because, as I said, I'm making sacrifices to make it look as similar to the original...
An no, I'm translating it directly from the original, but really can understand some of the Italian (And I haven't studied nothing) because is somewhat similar to Spanish, I imagine you can understand a little bit of the Spanish translation isn't it?


Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:48 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Italy
Post Re: Spanish translation
positive yup! That is why I first thought you were translating from the italian version. The apparent similarities are astounding.
I'm eager to see how you'll manage the puns in the strip. For example: 'larga vida al rey aguador', how is it a pun in spanish? Just a technical curiosity

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:59 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico.
Post Re: Spanish translation
valerio wrote:
positive yup! That is why I first thought you were translating from the italian version. The apparent similarities are astounding.
I'm eager to see how you'll manage the puns in the strip. For example: 'larga vida al rey aguador', how is it a pun in spanish? Just a technical curiosity


Well, I tried to follow the intention of the original, saying a bad pun! so I took "agua" and changed it to "aguador" which means something like... Someone who gives the water in sports games, or someone who ruins the fun for everybody else... not a very good pun if you ask me...
and "larga vida al..." means, "long live the..."

So, you'll also have to explain me: "Su questo non ci piove, maesta"

and also, isnn't it hard to hide Grape's gender in a language with grammatical genders? haha


Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:08 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.