Timeline

Discuss the comic here
Sinder

Timeline

Post by Sinder »

Antiquity

- The Cosmic Nerds begin playing their game of Universes and Unrealities.
- Pete is imprisoned within the Babylonian Temple.
- The Temple is moved to the future site of Babylon Gardens by an unknown third party.

- Peanut is born.
- Bino is born (?).

- Grape is born.
- Sasha presents a unicorn figurine to Bino as a gift on his first birthday. (year approximate)

Circa 2006-2007

- Still a kitten, Grape (as "Princess Periwinkle") is abandoned by her owners. She is recovered by the animal shelter and eventually adopted by the Sandwiches. Some of Grape's memories of this time later fade away, although she is thoroughly traumatized by her abandonment and remains affected by the experience years later.

Recent past (precise date undetermined)

- Joel is sent to prison on unspecified charges, leading to his being discharged from the ASPCA. His criminal record leads him to join PETA, as they do not perform background checks on prospective members.
- Sabrina and Max begin dating, but later have an amicable breakup; Sabrina then enters a relationship with Fido.
- Fido leaves Babylon Gardens for an indeterminate period of time to undergo K-9 training at the police academy; Bino flunks out of the same program and returns home.
- Sasha begins dating Bino... sort of.

2008 (comic begins)

June - Imaginate!

July - Cat Tail; Grape informs Peanut that she is a girl, ruining Housepets! forever.

August - Peanut draws the first Spot comic; Stripe is introduced.

Late August - Fido completes his K-9 training and returns to much acclaim; Peanut and Grape learn that Fido is seeing Sabrina. First appearance of Max, Sasha, and Daisy.

Late September - Grape kills Faust.

October - The Zoo

November - Grape dreams about Pete.

December - Peanut offers praise to Santa; Max learns that Grape is a girl; Zachary is introduced to the Arbelt household.

December 31 - Grape attends the Yarn Ball with Max (and Joey). First appearance of Fiddler and Keys. Grape tries (and fails) to tell Peanut a secret.

January - Peanut begins showing his Spot comics to Grape.

Mid-January - Grape and Peanut visit the vet; Grape slaps the snot out of Peanut.

February - Sabrina gives Spo to Fido for relocation.

March - Peanut discovers the remote control for Bino's shock collar; Grape destroys it.

March 16 - Fall of the Pridelands (book 3) is released; Peanut becomes a fan of the series.

April - Grape begins offering editorial input on the Spot comics; the Good Ol' Dogs Club annual Easter Egg hunt is held.

Late April - Joel and Glandular Fatty attempt to abduct Fox in the name of animal freedom.

June 5 - Peanut shows a Spot comic to Sasha.

July - Peanut and Grape spend a weekend at their Uncle Reuben's farm; Grape's abandonment issues bubble to the surface; Peanut's heart is broken. Around the same time, Henry Milton dies, leaving his estate to his pet ferrets. Bino seriously injures himself during one of his schemes. First appearance of Rufus and the farm animals.

August - Grape goes on her first date with Max. First appearance of Tarot.

September - First appearance of The Cyborg.

October - Miles, Lucretia, and their pack move into Babylon Gardens.

November - Zach briefly runs away from home; Pete is released from the Temple.

December - Pete turns Joel into King; Joel "disappears" from prison; Fox savagely beats Bino.

January - Celia and Thomas attempt to steal the Milton inheritance; the attempt fails, but Thomas learns the secret location of the money.

Mid-January - "All The King's Men", maybe

March - Imaginate, Too!; Grape and Peanut get their feelings out in the open.

May - Bino regifts Sasha's unicorn to her; Sasha composes her first sonata.

May 5 - First appearance (and subsequent death) of Professor Killbody.

July 4 - The Good Ol' Dogs Club Independence Day Cookout; King learns about The Cosmic Nerds and their ongoing game; Pete is banned from "the arena" pending his selection of a suitable avatar; King moves in with Miles and his pack.

August - The Milton ferrets build an amusement park-themed amusement park in Babylon Gardens, which opens to great success.

September - Stripe gains superpowers; first appearance of Jim-Jim.

Late September - English dub of The Ninja Princess is released to theaters; Lester vents his resulting dissatisfaction to Joey.

October - Max and Marvin make a bet about staying in a haunted house; Max sees That Which Should Not Be Seen. First appearance of The Spookmaster.

November - Sasha stars in a Canine Cibble commercial.

November 12 - SQUIRREL

December 24 - Hope of the Pridelands (book 4) is released (?); Grape is given a reality check. First appearance of Res.

January - Massive snowstorm (caused by a frost giant) strikes Babylon Gardens, causing the town to grind to a halt; Peanut learns of the Spirit Dragon's existence.

February - Spo works on his doctoral thesis.
Last edited by Sinder on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dubiousity

Re: Timeline

Post by Dubiousity »

Sounds about right.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
The Game

Post by The Game »

You reminded me of Grape's failed secret attempt.
i wonder what she was going to tell him....
and nice timeline!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Oh god everybody's calling them The Cosmic Nerds now aren't they? (Yay! I started something) Ok on to the time line it self. In the original Cast page it said that Peanut was not yet five now that means the oldest he can be is four years old in 2008 your time line is off by a year Peanut should have been born in 2004 and Grape in 2005. Other then that I see no real problems but it is 3 am here so I'll look it over in the morning to make sure.

Edit: Two things as with the birth years your stuff for Grape's Past should be moved down to be Circa 2006-2007. And also on February 14th of 2010 you should mention that Sasha got gifts from every dog in the neighborhood. Also if you want any help with this just ask I'm good with these kind of things. (I've done it for a few other series before :ugeek: )

Edit2: Also Pete wasn't really "imprisoned" because the temples are more of a start point then anything.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sure is observative.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
valerio

Post by valerio »

sorry, you forgot to mention that, during the trip to reuben0s, Peanut actually tries to woo Grape (failing), while Grape first sets a date with Max.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Don't remind me Valerio! OH the heartbreak!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Nice to see that you are keeping tabs on the history of the Housepets! universe. :)
Alex

Post by Alex »

valerio wrote:sorry, you forgot to mention that, during the trip to reuben0s, Peanut actually tries to woo Grape (failing), while Grape first sets a date with Max.
I think he knows, but it was too painful for him to write it out.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

valerio

Post by valerio »

don't tell me, folks. I suffered to no end while writing that :(
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

whoa sinder when did you get like this

i have no idea what 'like this' is
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sinder wrote:2007

- Nothing happens.
Yeah, 2007 was like that for me, too.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Alex wrote:
valerio wrote:sorry, you forgot to mention that, during the trip to reuben0s, Peanut actually tries to woo Grape (failing), while Grape first sets a date with Max.
I think he knows, but it was too painful for him to write it out.
Ouch... :(
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Ebly wrote:whoa sinder when did you get like this

Perhaps 'like this' means fanboyish to the extreme of making a timeline? *giggles* Is one possible explanation!

ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Hey, I made comprehensive and overly elaborate comment stats. :P And im soon to make stats on the comic itself, too.(how many times certain characters appear in the strips, how many words they say, and other horriffically interesting stats, all using image analysis software :P )
Dont I get the 'like this' title? >:c

>:C
»:C

meh :roll:
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Ebly wrote:whoa sinder when did you get like this

EblyTrans X4 wrote:"I don't know you anymore."

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

ReCreate wrote:Dont I get the 'like this' title?
i never had any doubt you were 'like this'

besides that would be a misrepresentation of sinder; he still made me laugh somewhere in there.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Did a little tweaking and updated this so it's more current.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Chaplin

Post by Chaplin »

Holy timeline that's a lot of stuff.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Thank you, Sinder. Very thorough and interesting.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I approve of Sinder updates.
FlyAwayNow

Post by FlyAwayNow »

Giant Snowstorm? Tell me about it.

Do we have a set location of where Babylon Gardens is? I've put it in Connecticut.
Que Lastima
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

There are no in-strip indications as to where Babylon Gardens is located. Rick said that the Sandwich house was based upon his home in North Carolina, but wasn't entirely fitting to the setting he wanted (because he lived "in the middle of nowhere" and had no neighbors). The closest we get is the "Roadtrip" arc, in which Peanut mentions that their house is a nine-hour drive from Reuben's farm (although they give contrary indications as to direction; Grape says "going down", while Peanut says "nine hours up"). This is a distance of roughly 500-550 miles. Reuben's farm is presumably located in the south, judging by the accents of those who live there, but it could just as easily be somewhere in the midwest.
ImageImage
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I always thought it was Ohio or Michigan or Indiana somewhere in those three states. However there is no way to really know for sure unless Rick tells us.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

All I know is, it is not in Florida, Hawaii, Alaska, or most of the extreme southern states. I guess it will be process of elimination until Rick decides on a set location. Or go the way of the Simpsons...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

IceKitsune wrote:I always thought it was Ohio or Michigan or Indiana somewhere in those three states. However there is no way to really know for sure unless Rick tells us.
Judging from the amount of snow they got in the winter, that general area sounds about right. Lake effect, anyone?
Copper wrote:Or go the way of the Simpsons...
Ah, Springfield... bordered by Georgia, Kansas, Maine, and Kentucky Or something like that.
Cory

Post by Cory »

Sinder wrote:There are no in-strip indications as to where Babylon Gardens is located. Rick said that the Sandwich house was based upon his home in North Carolina, but wasn't entirely fitting to the setting he wanted (because he lived "in the middle of nowhere" and had no neighbors). The closest we get is the "Roadtrip" arc, in which Peanut mentions that their house is a nine-hour drive from Reuben's farm (although they give contrary indications as to direction; Grape says "going down", while Peanut says "nine hours up"). This is a distance of roughly 500-550 miles. Reuben's farm is presumably located in the south, judging by the accents of those who live there, but it could just as easily be somewhere in the midwest.
Judging by the accents is kinda tough. If it's a straight up Suthron accent, then it's pretty clear cut, but I've encountered that "Texas drawl" in Idaho, Montana, Utah, Nevada, Wyoming, and rural California (yes it exists...kinda). Us rednecks talk the same no matter where we are! :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Babylon Gardens is actually in Iraq.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

It all makes sense now...
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Keep it on topic.

Last bumped by Foxstar on Sun May 01, 2011 4:58 pm.