Discuss the comic here
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Foxstar wrote:We'll have to just wait and see. That said the Housepets cast is already -really- big. I don't think Rick's going to bring in a brand new character for this that would be left floating afterwards.
Plus assuming he would want to make it some what shocking, and a surprise at all it wouldn't make much sense to bring in a new character it would completely ruin the surprise because we would know that he or she was Petes new Avatar the second the new character showed up. Same reason I can't see it being Res. However your right we just have to wait and see

Edit: I've been thinking about Firday's comic and if you think about it Max was/is being very arrogant and overconfident: Him thinking that he had much better water guns then the Dogs plus as Grape mentioned in Panel 2 his complete disregard of Intelligence and Counterintelligence. (Also you can maybe put him overly trusting Joey in there as well; but why Grape trusts Tiger more then Joey is a complete mystery to me but that's another topic all together.) This can be compared (in terms of planning and thought process not in terms of what was actually done mind you) to Pete's attempt to steal Joel/Kings Fate ball from Heaven as I think we call all agree his plan to just smash and grab something from Heaven showed Pete as arrogant and grossly overconfident in his own abilities.

So I think in that regard they have a lot in common (also they were both described as "kind of a jerk" Pete by Tarot and Max by Rick himself in a Alt-Text but that has been pointed out before IIRC), though if this is actually pointing towards Max becoming Pete's Avatar or if its just a Red Herring (or me over thinking things again,though I think this one fits well enough for it not to be that) I really can't know for sure.

(Didn't want to double post)
Greigh

Post by Greigh »

My apologies for pinging up an old topic, after fully catching up on the comics (a friend of mine on FB showed me the site) ... while ignoring the visible problem ... what about Daisy being the avatar?
If you can see this, someone is standing right behind you watching.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Greigh wrote:My apologies for pinging up an old topic, after fully catching up on the comics (a friend of mine on FB showed me the site) ... while ignoring the visible problem ... what about Daisy being the avatar?

Joke here is she is Kitsune's avatar and speaks French. Only English she knows is Hi, I'm Daisy~ :lol:

Interesting possibility, though I would rather think Pete would choose someone who could get closer to King or something... like Bailey perhaps. :shock:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I still say the likely ones are Fox,Sasha,Bino, and Maxwell with Max, Fox and Bino being the most likely IMO. (I'm still betting on Max at this point) Bailey would be good of course but it would put him to far out of the range of Dragon and therefore likely the goal for the duel. Even if the goal was something abstract like say get equity for pets, which we now know its not, being in the middle of Farm land would make that harder anyway therefore still making her a poor choice.

Max or Bino are the most likely due to the fact that he would easily be able to gather followers with them but Max is my bet because it would take away at least two followers from Dragon. (Max and Grape respectively) Fox and Sasha would be kind of pointless (unless they have really good Avatar Powers) since they would only be good for powering up King which would do Pete no good since he would already have an Avatar and not be able to switch, this is in fact another hit against Bailey as well for the same reasons.
Furryforever

Post by Furryforever »

I'm starting to think bailey to. Pete is devious like that. He could just choose to pick her to spite King. The distance problem could easily be solved by moving in with fox as he is her cousin and then from what we've seen of her personality so far tells us that she would have no problems becoming friends with most if not all the dogs and maybe even some cats and easily recruiting followers while once more still being close to King. While its still a possibility that it may be bailey till we know more I'm going to continue to lean towards max or fox for reasons already stated. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what Rick decides to do.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I still think Pete has an unnatural attachment to King and is trying to get him back as an avatar, using Bailey as bait of sorts, since his approach of stealing Joel's soul did not go over so well. :?

His actions toward King when he was Pete's avatar was only to make him more of the Dark Paladin, and I think the break up of he and Bailey might send him spiraling down into huge power ups, something Pete would definitely want. It would also make him leery of Fox as well...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
holmebrian

Post by holmebrian »

all i know is i cant wait to find out what pete finally decides is his avatar. kitsuni could be anything as he is the rule enforcer so we may never know.
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Me neither. If there's going to be anything close to major melodrama caused by his choices, let's have it happen, for one thing. For another, it COULD be Bailey: if Pete were to cause Bailey to suffer heartbreak by manipulating the situation to where King inadvertently breaks it, he could use that heartbreak as a source of dark power. :?
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

holmebrian wrote:all i know is i cant wait to find out what pete finally decides is his avatar. kitsuni could be anything as he is the rule enforcer so we may never know.
I'm not sure why people think that Babylon Gardens is the only part of the world that the game is played upon because why would such powerful beings restrict themselves to a small space such as that. I mean, Pete's temple was in a desert and was moved to Babylon Gardens so that says to me that the whole world is their playground. As for avatars....well, I'm not sure at all. We may in the future be introduced to an entirely new character.

I know that the rules say that they can only choose cats and dogs but that always seemed pretty vague to me. I think the rules actually state they can choose anything from the Feline and Canidea family.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Cyan Leopard

Post by Cyan Leopard »

I think King is still a possibility here after all the Kitsun did say that there were great rewards for playing along.
This is me trying to not get sanctioned by the MODs again, shhhh they're watching me.
Kalasnokov

Post by Kalasnokov »

if he would get a new avatar i would set my vote on Bino.

it would be a real pain in the (boop) for everyone then i think, and give some weird story flexibility. but making Bino agree to being someones avatar might be hard, but i guess Pete don´t care that much about those things after seeing what he is trying to do whit King.
I don't suffer from insanity,
I enjoy it.