Flowers and ovation

Discuss the comic here
no space
Location: Beyond the Mountains of Madness, in a little place called Home.

Flowers and ovation

Post by no space »

Well, I'll take it as a given that we all think this is one of the most adorable webcomics on the internet and can only get better from here. As such, I've decided to open this forum so all you crazy cats (and dogs, raccoons, dragons, mice, owls, horses, squirrels, and... people...) can cast your adoration at Rick's feet.

I will start this off by saying that, in my book at least, Housepets is already second only to TwoKinds. If Peanut and Grape ever get together, it will surpass TwoKinds completely. Say what you will, I'm just a sucker for that kind of stuff.
What a beautiful waste-
hangnail whispering, "Let's be lonely together."
falconthefox

Re: Flowers and ovation

Post by falconthefox »

I have to say I've found it one of the most enjoyable reads in a long time, entertaining and funny. Well Done! :D
"errrr...was that suppose to happen?"
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

I know this will sound like blasphemy and probally get me burned at the stake or something but... I'm not familier with TwoKinds. Suppose I should google it or something. Anywho, Housepets is definately the best webcomic I've had the pleasure of reading.
Favorite quote to date: 'Broom to your face!' - Grape Jelly

Image Image Image
no space

Post by no space »

Don't worry about it. I'm always surprised at the number of people who aren't familiar with TwoKinds, but that's just because I really like it. I would definitely suggest looking it up. It's gotten quite long by now, but that just means more you get to read through without having to wait.

It's just 2kinds.com. Oh, and you might have to just fight through the first little bit. I went back and re-read some of the first ones the other day and parts of it were kind of... painful.
What a beautiful waste-
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I hate to say this, but...
Housepets isn't the best comic I've ever read.
But the fact is... it's a comic I've read.
As far as I see, most webcomics are almost a waste of time to read. Most. The fact that Housepets actually caught my eye enough for me to bother reading through it - and then to that extent start commenting on it and then getting an account on the forum - means that pretty much right there I admire this a lot. This is an amazing comic. c:

Also I've decided to finally give in and look up TwoKinds. =w=
Not read through it yet, but I'm about to. c:
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
no space

Post by no space »

Well, err... that's something, I guess.

Although I never understand the "webcomics are a waste of time" thing. Even if they do waste your time, it takes me at most about five minutes each day checking on the dozen or so webcomics I read.
What a beautiful waste-
Cormyr

Post by Cormyr »

Gotta admit one thing though, some webcomics which have comedic talent thrown in with a plot and just some general fun stuffs, tend to go off on a tangent... then never come back.

It seems that about 50 tangents have been reached and yet they all make sense... and link and follow from one another... so yeah. well done :P

I read TwoKinds too, can't complain about the story with it, only downside is the once-a-week updates, but there are reasons for it, so I can't exactly complain about it.

I guess in short, i gotta say very well done. :lol:

Cormyr
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

no space wrote:Well, err... that's something, I guess.

Although I never understand the "webcomics are a waste of time" thing. Even if they do waste your time, it takes me at most about five minutes each day checking on the dozen or so webcomics I read.
Most are a waste of time for me because most are completely uninteresting as far as I'm concerned. It may take only a few clicks to look up a comic, but if I don't like it, what's the point in wasting those few clicks on that?
I guess that really, my compliments are not for webcomics. My compliments are for Housepets.
And besides that, I don't really like blind adoration, so I have to add something mean in there to make me feel better, or something. Ahahaha.

It's like... I'm willing to give flowers, I'm willing to give a standing ovation, but I have to mention I don't like plays. I love Housepets and it has my interest and respect, but I can't get into webcomics. That's all I really meant by that.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery; a couple of weeks ago, someone compiled the strips in the first story arc, put them to music, and added them to YouTube.

You know you've hit the big time when you're on the YouTubes.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Negative Zero

Post by Negative Zero »

no space wrote:Don't worry about it. I'm always surprised at the number of people who aren't familiar with TwoKinds, but that's just because I really like it. I would definitely suggest looking it up. It's gotten quite long by now, but that just means more you get to read through without having to wait.

It's just 2kinds.com. Oh, and you might have to just fight through the first little bit. I went back and re-read some of the first ones the other day and parts of it were kind of... painful.
I'm glad you told me about it. I looked it over and was so captivated by the story I didn't go to bet 'till 2 I think... anyway this is for praise to Rick sooo....

Rick you are an awesome person for making this site, this is the final straw that made me make a webcomic, and it also started me into drawing furries (that and the fact I gave my self an ultimatum to draw animals and objects this [school] year) and I love it.

So thank you for that :D
sal·va·tion (sal-ˈvā-shən) n

1 a: deliverance from the power and effects of sin b: the agent or means that effects salvation

2. Comic set in a city with said name somewhere in the southeastern United States

Wanna see my art? Click Me :D
jesstech

Post by jesstech »

Haha. Funny; I dislike TwoKinds immensely and yet still enjoy Housepets. Diff'rent strokes, I guess.
Oblivion

Post by Oblivion »

In my opinion, though I know I will get some disgruntled rebuttals to this, but TwoKinds isn’t that special. Swords, tiger-girls, and all that usual shenanigans. Now, Housepets. Rick uses a style of drawing that doesn’t over exaggerate the eyes or the hair, yet still appeals to anime-fans. (Which I am not) It also has a nostalgia feel to it that makes me remember my fond memories of reading Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes, but it still retains its originality. And he has all these fans attracted to characters such as Grape and Sasha, and they don’t even have boobs! (Excusing my juvenile terminology)

Housepets is pure magic.
Meow! *Cough* Uh, I mean, Woof.
daemonxblaze

Post by daemonxblaze »

agree with you on one point i do...housepests DOES be magic.
however twokinds was my second webcomic i ever fell in love with (megatokyo was my first,lol) and with that you really cannot compare... had i found housepts before i was a total twokinds freak i'd be more agreeable with you. on the flip side both are very good, well drawn, and well thought out.
Is Night So Different From Day?
BeyondUshuaia

Post by BeyondUshuaia »

I will also agree with you there. Housepets! is a comic all its own. I could not draw a similarity between is and any other webcomic I have read. I'll also agree that is does have that nostalgia feel to it. Suffice to say, it's something I look forward to reading every week.
I do in photoshop what kindergartners do with fingerpaints.
no space

Post by no space »

Huh. I thought this had died, like all other forum topics I've ever tried to make. However, you have managed to bring it back from the grave, for however short a time it may live after this. Congratulations, you are all accomplices to an abomination unto God. You're a shoo-in for the Herbert West award for sure.
What a beautiful waste-
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

no space wrote:Huh. I thought this had died, like all other forum topics I've ever tried to make. However, you have managed to bring it back from the grave, for however short a time it may live after this. Congratulations, you are all accomplices to an abomination unto God. You're a shoo-in for the Herbert West award for sure.
We're just awesome like that. <3
Jumplion

Post by Jumplion »

Housepets! is definately not the best webcomic I've read so far, but as Elby said (a couple months ago apparantly O_o ) the fact that it caught my eye in the sea of crap is proof enough that Housepets! is a good comic in my opinion.

Though I don't think my opinion should be validated, since I only read like, what, 6 webcomics? And most of them are just meant to randomly be parodies of stuff and they don't have an actual storyline. Though Housepets! doesn't have much of a storyline either, it has different scenarios and stuff.

Oy, sorry I'm rambling on.

EDIT: I will tell you this, I joined these forums only a few days after discovering Housepets!, so that must mean that I like this comic alot right? Okay, I'll stop rambling nonsenslesly.
Pfft, and they said I couldn't toast breakfast cereal. Now look who's laughing!

Take that, society!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Jumplion wrote:Housepets! is definately not the best webcomic I've read so far, but as Elby said (a couple months ago apparantly O_o ) the fact that it caught my eye in the sea of crap is proof enough that Housepets! is a good comic in my opinion.

Though I don't think my opinion should be validated, since I only read like, what, 6 webcomics? And most of them are just meant to randomly be parodies of stuff and they don't have an actual storyline. Though Housepets! doesn't have much of a storyline either, it has different scenarios and stuff.

EDIT: I will tell you this, I joined these forums only a few days after discovering Housepets!, so that must mean that I like this comic alot right? Okay, I'll stop rambling nonsenslesly.
Lul.
You said Elby.
Jumplion

Post by Jumplion »

Ebly wrote:
Jumplion wrote:Housepets! is definately not the best webcomic I've read so far, but as Elby said (a couple months ago apparantly O_o ) the fact that it caught my eye in the sea of crap is proof enough that Housepets! is a good comic in my opinion.

Lul.
You said Elby.
Ebly, Elby, same thing :P
Pfft, and they said I couldn't toast breakfast cereal. Now look who's laughing!

Take that, society!