So many MORE questions...

Discuss the comic here
Dissension

Re: So many MORE questions...

Post by Dissension »

The term "vermin" would probably still be in use, I think.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Gren

Post by Gren »

I have 2 more (maybe stupid) questions:

1- The name of Max and Bino owner is Jeff or Jake? I have this doubt from this comic:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/09/ ... cred-duty/

Well, this is a stupid question, since the more reasonable would be that Rick just decided to change his name after the end of this arc and forgot correct this strips.

2- In what year is based this comic? I thought the time in housepets universe it was the same as our world, but then I read this comic which probably dates from before 2005 (in housepets storyline of course, since this webcomic started in 2008):
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/06/ ... te-canvas/

I am right or I am taking wrong this strip and it just a joke or something? You know, the fact that Peanut is who make this comics is what make me doubt.
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Gren wrote:I have 2 more (maybe stupid) questions:

1- The name of Max and Bino owner is Jeff or Jake? I have this doubt from this comic:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/09/ ... cred-duty/

Well, this is a stupid question, since the more reasonable would be that Rick just decided to change his name after the end of this arc and forgot correct this strips.

2- In what year is based this comic? I thought the time in housepets universe it was the same as our world, but then I read this comic which probably dates from before 2005 (in housepets storyline of course, since this webcomic started in 2008):
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/06/ ... te-canvas/

I am right or I am taking wrong this strip and it just a joke or something? You know, the fact that Peanut is who make this comics is what make me doubt.
1. I guess he either forgot or the cast page is a typo. Or Ryan just made a mistake and was guessing his name.

2. That joke (and that whole arc) is based off a book by Scott McCloud which was published in 2000 IIRC
Gren

Post by Gren »

It's me, again, but this time with a big and weird question.

We know Sabrina is Tarot's apprentice, and she will gonna take her place as Dragon's avatar in the future if something happens to Tarot. That's was clear, but now I wonder why Tarot would need an apprentice right now? the only possibilities I can figure are:

A- She is too old and, as a tradition, she need to pass her knowledge to the next generation to take her place when she die.
B- She foresaw her own death hence she had the need to find and train her replacement before her vision is fulfilled.
C- She is training Sabrina because she plans renounce to her duty as an avatar and pass the buck to her apprentice.

I know we don't know the answer yet, but don't you find weird the fact that she has an apprentice now if she doesn't preparing to abandon her status any time soon?
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Since day one when I heard that Tarot had plans to pass on her avatar duty someday, the obvious answer was Peanut. Granted, the real question in my mind is how Peanut is going to have a huge enough impact that will have Tarot retire being an Avatar? Dragon wouldn't like that to be sure =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gren

Post by Gren »

The only problem was that I thought the avatar thing was something for life. I still taking the C option as too weird because I thought avatars couldn't renounce. So if the battle comes and result to be a Deathmatch, that's means Tarot wants to put Sabrina in her place just to avoid the death? That would be a bit harsh.
ImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Gren wrote:The only problem was that I thought the avatar thing was something for life. I still taking the C option as too weird because I thought avatars couldn't renounce. So if the battle comes and result to be a Deathmatch, that's means Tarot wants to put Sabrina in her place just to avoid the death? That would be a bit harsh.
Perhaps it is not because she is avoiding death, but that Sabrina is better suited in a Death match. Perhaps Tarot knows this and is playing the game, giving Dragon a better Avatar choice.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Gren

Post by Gren »

Now that I think of it, since this is a PG comic I doubt this battle could turn into a deathmatch. Besides, considering the characters who are involved, I think no one would be happy if one of them die, no matter who of the cosmic nerds wins (Tarot, Sabrina and King are too popular, don't you think? XD)

It's occurs me another possibility:

D- Sabrina learned about this cosmic game studying books and ancient ruins during her travels. Then SHE found Tarot and ask her to be her apprentice, and after seeing her skills, talent and knowledge (and insist so much to the point of annoying her), Tarot decided to take her as her apprentice.
ImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

there's also an option that avatars do not know when they'll die, so Tarot needs to have an apprentice in case the unexpected happens.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Gren

Post by Gren »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:there's also an option that avatars do not know when they'll die, so Tarot needs to have an apprentice in case the unexpected happens.
But that would mean that every avatar would need an apprentice since the moment they accept to become one. It's a bit tricky ¿don't you think?
ImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I still say Sabrina is not apprentice for avatar, but just an apprentice for the psychic abilities.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

not necessarily. If Tarot is not allowed to know when she'll die, but she knows so much else about what's going to happen, that may make her more aware that death could come at any time. Most of us don't think about the unpredictable nature of death, but when you can predict everything but death it would make you want to make preparations sooner.
copper wrote:I still say Sabrina is not apprentice for avatar, but just an apprentice for the psychic abilities.
also a possibility
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:not necessarily. If Tarot is not allowed to know when she'll die, but she knows so much else about what's going to happen, that may make her more aware that death could come at any time. Most of us don't think about the unpredictable nature of death, but when you can predict everything but death it would make you want to make preparations sooner.
copper wrote:I still say Sabrina is not apprentice for avatar, but just an apprentice for the psychic abilities.
also a possibility
To quote Rick
From Ricks Recap thing wrote:Sabrina is apprentice to Tarot, who is Dragon’s Avatar. This means that, should anything happen to Tarot, Sabrina takes on the role of Dragon’s Avatar.
So yes she is an apprentice to be an Avatar. Now if this means Tarot is preparing just in case something happens (which I think is likely given the wording) or if she knows something is coming (ie. retirement or death) is unknown. For all we know Tarot is getting sick of the whole thing and really wants to quit. (Well ok that is pretty unlikely but still)
Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Sorry but not.
Rick wrote:Sabrina is apprentice to Tarot, who is Dragon’s Avatar. This means that, should anything happen to Tarot, Sabrina takes on the role of Dragon’s Avatar. Although Sabrina doesn’t have Avatar powers, she does have some natural psychic ability.

(Implied) Tarot was apprenticed to Dragon’s previous Avatar. Avatars don’t live forever, they are in succession and take on the mantle one after the other. Dragon can transfer the power whenever she likes, but it must abide by the Convoluted Rules and succession is one of the methods that preserve the power the best.
extracted from here

Also, this make the C option a bit more probable now.

PS: Dang you Icekitsune you won me this time :lol:
ImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:not necessarily. If Tarot is not allowed to know when she'll die, but she knows so much else about what's going to happen, that may make her more aware that death could come at any time. Most of us don't think about the unpredictable nature of death, but when you can predict everything but death it would make you want to make preparations sooner.
also a possibility
To quote Rick
From Ricks Recap thing wrote:Sabrina is apprentice to Tarot, who is Dragon’s Avatar. This means that, should anything happen to Tarot, Sabrina takes on the role of Dragon’s Avatar.
So yes she is an apprentice to be an Avatar. Now if this means Tarot is preparing just in case something happens (which I think is likely given the wording) or if she knows something is coming (ie. retirement or death) is unknown. For all we know Tarot is getting sick of the whole thing and really wants to quit. (Well ok that is pretty unlikely but still)
I knew I'd read that somewhere but didn't feel like looking that hard for it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Gren

Post by Gren »

This is a totally different question:

If I am correct, the character named Karishad is based on a real person, so (I suppose) the intentions of adding him to the comic at first was to make little cameos. However, since now is working with Keene, and after the "Temple Crashers" arc and now even hanging around with Sabrina and Tarot, it makes me wonder if he is becoming a regular character now?
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Karishad has always been a regular character. He just didn't used to show up much. I'd say his frequency of appearance has increased a bit, though. In part because of his popularity, I'd imagine.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Gren

Post by Gren »

Sleet wrote:Karishad has always been a regular character. He just didn't used to show up much. I'd say his frequency of appearance has increased a bit, though. In part because of his popularity, I'd imagine.
Thanks for clarified it. Good to hear it, because he's one of my favs :D
ImageImage