Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Things you finally noticed on rereading 

Post Re: Things you finally noticed on rereading
fenrirblack Wrote:
Saturn381 Wrote:
Mungo has actually appeared in the comic years before the more recent arc. I didn't notice that until just now. Here, take a look.

You see that blonde haired woman with the camera and the guy next to her. Who are they? They are on King's side of the aisle so could they be King/Joel's parents? I know Joel's mom is dead when he goes to heaven so I'm thinking Rick placed them their as a inside joke that only he would know. It's weird that they are on the third row and by themselves. They aren't with the press so they have to be personal to him.

It's just fun to think about if they were there for that one scene as a really bad joke.

...The guy who might be representing Joel/King's Dad is wearing a blue shirt, that's suspiciously similar in color to Pete's coat. Zach is in the same aisle as the two, and, while looking uncomfortable, can't seem to look away. Lets note that Zach was an Unwilling Prophet of Pete's, and that the entire 'Zach' word family's etymology boils down to 'Memory of God', and, Joel himself has 'Zecheriah' as his middle name.

While Pete verbally told King he didn't consider this wedding to be real, it was as if he left a silent reminder that he considered the wedding a farce. From Joel's 'Father's face, we can get the picture that Pete barely sees this wedding, and yet has already seen enough, has spoken his piece, yet smells something fishy, and is pointing a judgmental finger.

...That implies something disturbing about Pete's actual relationship to King, and possibly about Pete's ascension.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:39 am

Not sure what and all I can add to that, but Zach is looking at Snow's pups in the front row. It's really subtle, but if you look closely, he's looking in their direction, while the pups are pointing at him. My guess is that they still haven't learned that "that one isn't lunch."

Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally

pretty sure "the guy who might represent King's dad" is Jerry Arbelt which explains why he's in the same row as Zach. and maybe the woman is his plus one? maybe she's a vet like the love interest for Jon Arbuckle in Garfield, who Jerry is based on. if that's the case she may also be King's vet.

Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:27 am

RandomGeekNamedBrent Wrote:
pretty sure "the guy who might represent King's dad" is Jerry Arbelt which explains why he's in the same row as Zach. and maybe the woman is his plus one? maybe she's a vet like the love interest for Jon Arbuckle in Garfield, who Jerry is based on. if that's the case she may also be King's vet.
The problem with that is Jerry Arbelt is not in the tags. As for foreshadowing, Mungo wasn't in the tags until after the strip where he became a named character. Same goes for Bailey and Terrance's respective first appearances.

Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:58 am

Touche.

...Though, I'm finding it interesting to note that he only seems to wear that specific shirt(Or that specific color of shirt?) on two occasions: Said wedding, and when he's bringing Zach into the picture.

But, hey, I guess weird coincidences are a possibility.

Even though it seems like colors are supposed to mean something in this comic to at least somewhat of a degree...

Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:23 am

Maybe he doesn't own many clean shirts ...

Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:54 am

Sergeant Ralph's tail color is consistent within an arc, but every so often it will switch to the dark brown of his back and muzzle or the lighter brown of the rest of him. Some of this could be attributed to the dorsal side of his tail being darker then the ventral, but definitely not every instance.
May 18, 2009

August 9, 2010

April 8, 2013

October 28, 2013

April 23, 2014

December 29, 2017

Edit: added dates and links.

Last edited by Champion Wallace on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:54 am
laughing maniacally

every time it's different the story is taking place in another universe where everything is the same except for Ralph's tail color. also he's slightly bigger

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5