2018/03/19 - Love Will Set You Free

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
NHWestoN

Re: 2018/03/19 - Love Will Set You Free

Post by NHWestoN »

SMOOCH-POWER !! Love in a time of crisis! Wonder how Breel will react to the demon's deal when the kissing has to stop?
Last edited by NHWestoN on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

[/quote]
maybe a timeshare. he stays in heaven for a month of the year then works for the rest of it.[/quote]

Like Hades and Persephone?

Also, is it me, or does that demon look a lot like the little black dinosaur thing that appears when you have no internet connection? Image

Denial of Internet does seem like a demon thing to do!
AldyBilly

Post by AldyBilly »

my heart... my soul........ "doki....doki"
Argent

Post by Argent »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:maybe a timeshare. he stays in heaven for a month of the year then works for the rest of it.
Sort of like Persephone but backwards? Because he ate Ice Cream in Heaven. That's WAY BETTER than pomegranate seeds.
leinglo wrote:Breel being assigned as Keene's guardian angel seems like the best way for them to remain together.
So long as there's no "no-fraternization" rules for guardian angels.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gregourii

Post by Gregourii »

Awwww, that's so adorable <3

Also, the truth will set you free, especially if you understand it.
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

Somehow I have the feeling, that the trio will go to the portal now, but the portal have just place for one. Neel insists to go first and Keene and Breel roll with it. But Neel is only in hell the little daemon, on earth he is the Forgotten. So while Res is holding back the Forgotten, the new couple can't exit hell. This would be ironic, since as long as the Forgotten can't go on earth, Keene can't fulfill the contract and a good punishment for not fulfilling the contract is keeping the guy in hell.

I should add, why I think Neel is the Forgotten. We never saw both in one strip and for me, they look similar. Also, It feels like there have to be a plot twist of some sorts like this. (I'm just afraid, that I will be wrong because in nearly all of Ricks books that I read I was wrong about the plot twist)

Oh and the reason why it's possible is because from what we read, time works like in Inception, in every instance time goes on slower.(Means that when the Forgotten grabs the angels, the kiss was done already)
ImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

MX682XM wrote:Somehow I have the feeling, that the trio will go to the portal now, but the portal have just place for one.
A key plot element in Iain Banks novel Surface Detail. Except the folks escaping hell were little pig-sized two-trunked heffalumps, rather than woozles, but that's close enough.
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

SOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUTE!!! Someone create a signature sticker!!
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Shippers are gonna have a field day with this particular strip.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

You know, when that little dino-imp gets to earth, heavily be very, verry, verrrry naughty...'cause that's what those little devils do.

As a Celestial, can Breel allow that?
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

NHWestoN wrote:You know, when that little dino-imp gets to earth, heavily be very, verry, verrrry naughty...'cause that's what those little devils do.

As a Celestial, can Breel allow that?
Maybe aiding Keene and Breel will count as penance and Breel will be able to offer the demon Heaven instead of Earth, and if his actions there cause him to fall again, well, that's how it goes.
party-kun

Post by party-kun »

i think that breel can ask if he can haunt th earth to be with keene, alos as for the gay couples i kinda ship mungo/fox, well i dunno it's what i think :D :mrgreen:
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

party-kun wrote:i think that breel can ask if he can haunt th earth to be with keene, alos as for the gay couples i kinda ship mungo/fox, well i dunno it's what i think :D :mrgreen:
I couldn't see Mungo/Fox, to be honest. It is kind of implied that Fox is straight, you know, with the whole falling in love with Sasha and those two angel dogs.
Allons-y
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I've read fanfiction, that technicality has never stopped anyone.

I'd love it if Neel (is that what we're going with?) got to earth and just stuck around the mansion as a puckish imp causing occasional (mostly) harmless mischief.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
party-kun

Post by party-kun »

well as for mungo and fox it's becasue of the moments after they worked in the case of keene's murder attemt, also i think that if love does't work with the ladyes for fox at least he'll have mungo for him, but as i've said that's my opinion

and i think that the imp will do or something hylarious when on earth because something went wrong nor a situation that is going to be worse than any other

also sorry for my writing, new pc, i'm not used to the keyboard

Mod Edit: Please do not triple-post. If yours is the most recent reply to a thread, and you'd like to add more information, you may click the "edit" button in your post's upper-right corner. Thanks in advance!
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

party-kun wrote:well as for mungo and fox it's becasue of the moments after they worked in the case of keene's murder attemt, also i think that if love does't work with the ladyes for fox at least he'll have mungo for him, but as i've said that's my opinion
I suppose that could work, the Housepets! universe seems to have a loose definition on relationships.
Allons-y
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

Fox could be bisexuell aswell. But I think relationships between officers are forbidden

Also, party-kun, don't post multiple replies in a row. Use the edit button to add to your last message
ImageImage
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

BasedDook wrote:YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Thank goodness!

As far as how this relationship works, it'll be interesting. I think little demon Breel will have something to do with it.
Yeah, first time -they- swap spit like that, Keene gets vaporized by his saliva. :?
MrParaduo

Post by MrParaduo »

Man, if Keene doesn't get possessed by the demon after all this is over, it'll be such a wasted opportunity for some spoopy drama! >x'3

Er, not that travelling to Hell isn't scary enough.
There are many words and phrases that can cause an experienced wizard to tremble in fear. Chief among them being "oops."
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

MX682XM wrote:Fox could be bisexuell aswell. But I think relationships between officers are forbidden
He could, maybe, but him and Mungo seem more like they're buddies than anything else.
Allons-y
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

[quote="MX682XM"]Fox could be bisexuell aswell. But I think relationships between officers are forbidden

I really hope he doesn't go overboard with the gay romances. A few added in like hes been doing work but if you start making it a huge theme in itself its going to start to feel PC and preachy.
Image Image
kjzsbtby

Post by kjzsbtby »

First thing I tought when I saw the kiss was:
"Daaaawww so cute"
then was...
"Wait... He is dead... so..."
#necro

Also that little demon is so eager to get to earth, I woudn't thrust the little fella, it could be a demon of godliness proportions
Argent

Post by Argent »

kjzsbtby wrote:First thing I tought when I saw the kiss was:
"Daaaawww so cute"
then was...
So, you're not on Team Edward?

And, no, trusting demons isn't a good idea. Except Snulbug. Snulbug really did his best to help Bill. Snulbug is a good egg.

Look for Snulbug here it's a smashing little story about time travel and beating fate at its own game.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Adoring Fan wrote:I really hope he doesn't go overboard with the gay romances. A few added in like hes been doing work but if you start making it a huge theme in itself its going to start to feel PC and preachy.
Kinda jumping the gun just a bit there, aren't ya? Especially since this is technically the first and only gay romance Rick has actually focused on. Think about it. The kangaroos are the only other confirmed couple in that regard, and they're just side characters, typically only showing up in one-off filler pages without any real detail given about them. Anything else is just unsubstantiated speculation and shipping on our part, and can't be seriously counted (yes, even Fox and Mungo). The romantic balance is hardly in danger of being overturned.

Especially when we compare to the number of straight romances we've had so far:
Fido and Sabrina,
King and Bailey,
Grape and Max,
Peanut and Tarot,
Grape and Peanut,
and there are probably a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oooh... :o Aww! :D Yeah, Breel, the love worked to break the chains. :) You're forgiven, Keene. :P You've finally realized to have done the bad things. ;) Eheh, you suddenly like to kiss... :P Well, there isn't time to waste, now you have to return back in the temple and send the little black demon to Earth. ;)
killerman33

Post by killerman33 »

Hold on, i thought those two were related?! Are people shipping those two even though they are related to the same person?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

killerman33 wrote:Hold on, i thought those two were related?! Are people shipping those two even though they are related to the same person?
No. They're not related in any way. Keene met him when he visited heaven.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Argent

Post by Argent »

killerman33 wrote:Hold on, i thought those two were related?! Are people shipping those two even though they are related to the same person?
They're not even the same species.

They're not even the same genus:

Breel is genus Martes, Keene is genus Mustela.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Argent wrote:
They're not even the same species.

They're not even the same genus:

Breel is genus Martes, Keene is genus Mustela.
Weird I thought Breel was a weasel or mink, guess I didn't look close enough.
Allons-y
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

This page makes me very very happy.
I break my computer, so you don't have to! :D
You copied my entire signature? How peculiar...
Given that AB≅AB, prove that AB≇AB.
Internaldialogue

Post by Internaldialogue »

My theory is that Keene will somehow access the mana in some way when they make it back through but instead of his original goal, he'll bring Breel back to life. Or something along that line.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, if we're okay with the Jessica-Zachery couple and a opossum-rabbit romance (let alone Joey and Squeak!), then Keene and Breel can't be much of a stretch as species. Now a mortal and a Spiritual....hmmm? Zeus and Ganymede, maybe?
Haroldisgod

Post by Haroldisgod »

vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

MX682XM wrote:Fox could be bisexuell aswell. But I think relationships between officers are forbidden

Also, party-kun, don't post multiple replies in a row. Use the edit button to add to your last message
Wasn't there a comment upthread that talked about two KPD officers holding hands meant they were a couple?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, D-Rock made the reference and provided the panel. I assume ... I don't KNOW ... that he's talking about a couple sitting behind Stem, Rex, and Yeltsin and beside a tall brown dog I don't recognize. The second row seems to be the police bench. Or not. But you can find D-Rock's entry on page one. Regards.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

vulpinator wrote:

Wasn't there a comment upthread that talked about two KPD officers holding hands meant they were a couple?
Was that ever confirmed by Rick Griffin? It didn't seem like they were holding hands in a relationship-type-way. But I don't know, whatever people want.
Allons-y
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

leinglo wrote:
Adoring Fan wrote:I really hope he doesn't go overboard with the gay romances. A few added in like hes been doing work but if you start making it a huge theme in itself its going to start to feel PC and preachy.
Kinda jumping the gun just a bit there, aren't ya? Especially since this is technically the first and only gay romance Rick has actually focused on. Think about it. The kangaroos are the only other confirmed couple in that regard, and they're just side characters, typically only showing up in one-off filler pages without any real detail given about them. Anything else is just unsubstantiated speculation and shipping on our part, and can't be seriously counted (yes, even Fox and Mungo). The romantic balance is hardly in danger of being overturned.

Especially when we compare to the number of straight romances we've had so far:
Fido and Sabrina,
King and Bailey,
Grape and Max,
Peanut and Tarot,
Grape and Peanut,
and there are probably a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head.
Bino and Sasha
Bino and Duchess
Duchess and King (Kind of forced by Duchess and very quickly ends)
Zach and Jessica
Kevin and Sasha
Fox and Sasha (One date counts, right?)
Sabrina and Max (The past does count.)
Sabrina and Jata

There could be more.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Argent

Post by Argent »

TheSilverFox51 wrote:Weird I thought Breel was a weasel or mink, guess I didn't look close enough.
He's a pine marten, the best woozle.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Argent wrote:
TheSilverFox51 wrote:Weird I thought Breel was a weasel or mink, guess I didn't look close enough.
He's a pine marten, the best woozle.
Lol, yeah I figured that out after looking at a picture, they look so floofy :)
Allons-y
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

TheSilverFox51 wrote:Was that ever confirmed by Rick Griffin? It didn't seem like they were holding hands in a relationship-type-way. But I don't know, whatever people want.
Hi! Yes, those gay police dogs are gay. Thanks for asking!
Some people are gay and it's nice for them to have representation. Don't worry too much about it.
kjzsbtby wrote:First thing I tought when I saw the kiss was:
"Daaaawww so cute"
then was...
#necro
Don't be creepy, please~.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other