server error?

What are we doing!?
Buster
Game Master

server error?

Post by Buster »

ever since this morning I've been running into "500 internal server error" way more than usual.
did something break?
is anyone else seeing these errors?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: server error?

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

yeah, a lot of the mods, including myself, are noticing it happening. It's likely the same thing that's causing the random logouts mentioned in the other thread, so we are looking into it to find a solution.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really hope that that this doesn't slow down the forum again.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Yep running into those errors too.

@RGNB has anyone checked the Database for errors yet? Or cleaned it up? Also you should check the Serverload if possible and the usage of the Harddisk. Maybe something isnt properly configured.
If you dont know what to check you should check the error logs on the Server. Depending on which OS is running they should be at /var/log/apache/error.log /var/log/apache2/error.log or on Windows in the XAMPP Folder or Apache Folder directly in the log folder.

They could also be in the sql/mysql/pgsql folder. Depending if the error is Apache or Database related.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

If we find it isn't the same issue as last time, we'll have our server person look into what else could be causing it.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

If you or he needs help just feel free to ask im working as it tech guy and have some knowledge when it comes to apache and stuff.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.