What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

ctcmjh

Re: Housepets: Just a Few Seconds

Post by ctcmjh »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Tobee wrote:*grabs CT's arm and drags him with him*

Come over here, it's warm and cozy

and we have all the Peanut and Grape plushies all oVER THE PLACE I COMMAND YOU TO SHIP
This is why I'm neutral on Grape shipping. Too much war.

Bino shipping, on the other hand.....
More like Sasha Shipping.

KING OF HEARTS FOREVER!
valerio

Post by valerio »

yay for K+S! :D :D
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

ctcmjh wrote:More like Sasha Shipping.

KING OF HEARTS FOREVER!
Wrong sir. If you had been paying attention, you would know that I am an avid Bino & Tarot shipper.

It's meant to be.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
valerio

Post by valerio »

I was referring to the sacred moddie, Brawler.
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

Normally I'd have an update out by now, but I'm just sooooooooo tired. I'll try to update later today though!
valerio

Post by valerio »

*growls*
me wantz update!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

valerio wrote:I was referring to the sacred moddie, Brawler.
And I was referring to ctcmjh.

...Wait, sacred?
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Teh Brawler wrote:

...Wait, sacred?
Yes. Sacred.
*eyes glow green*
And I was referring to... um... I forgot... But it was somebody here!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

ctcmjh wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:

...Wait, sacred?
Yes. Sacred.
*eyes glow green*
And I was referring to... um... I forgot... But it was somebody here!
You were referring to me.
*eyes glow yellow*
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Senator_Sunburst

Housepets: Just a Few Seconds
Arc 2, Update 3

Grape moved the vacuum cleaner across the carpet while Peanut lifted one side of the couch so she could get all the crumbs.

They had been cleaning for thirty minutes, and they were almost done. It was annoying at first to wake up and have to clean immediately. But really, it was worth it for the fun they had. Grape had had a blast watching all those movies with Peanut. She couldn't imagine having as good a time watching Hunters of the Pridelands with Max. No way.

Grape shut off the vacuum cleaner while Peanut took out the garbage. Garbage pickup had passed, but they had made such a mess all the trash cans in the house were full. Grape almost felt impressed with their ability to enjoy movies.

About ten minutes later, and the living room looked as clean as it had the day before, and finally mom let them off the hook.

As they strolled outside, Peanut tried to immediately run off to play, but Grape grabbed hold of his collar before he could get away.

"Erk!" Peanut stopped trying to run and Grape let go of his collar.

"Before you go, I just remembered," said Grape as Peanut rubbed his neck. "Do you want to go see Hunters of the Pridelands with Max? It comes out tomorrow."

"Do I?!" said Peanut excitedly, tail wagging. Suddenly he stopped. "Wait, you mean with you and Max right? I don't know how I feel about going to go see it with just Max."

"Of course I'm coming too!" she said.

Like a switch was flipped, Peanut became excited again.

"Then yeah!"

"Great, I'll go tell Max," said Grape. Peanut continued to stay exited and he ran off.

Grape chuckled to herself as she watched him go, amused by his enthusiasm.

It didn't take long at all for Grape to find Max, lounging underneath a tree near his house.

"Grape!" said Max as soon as she came into view. "Hey. How were your 'things'?"

Grape chuckled nervously. "Good...good." Grape suddenly felt as if Max could see right through her and, right to her relationship with Peanut.

"So, what's up?" he said, and Grape had to suppress a sigh of relief. He didn't suspect a thing, and he wasn't going to push it. Grape wasn't sure she could come up with a convincing lie on the spot if she were asked any pointed questions.

"Just wanted to say me and Peanut are up for Hunters of the Pridelands. When'd you want to go? Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, about that," said Max. He took a minute to stand up before speaking again, looking Grape in the eyes. "Does Peanut really have to come with us?" Grape remembered now that Max had intended it to be a date. It somehow completely slipped her mind when she suggested Peanut come. "I guess I don't mind it," said Max, looking resigned. "I just was hoping...you know...."

Grape knew all right. But if she was going to be in a hidden relationship, she had to learn get rid of potential suitors.

"Max," said Grape, trying to think of something to say. "I...don't think I'm really ready for a relationship," said Grape, saying the first excuse that came to her head. "We can still be friends though."

Max didn't look particularly shocked, although he still looked unhappy.

"Well, if that's how it is," he began. "I guess I can wait for a while." He gave one of his toothy grins. "Don't think I'm giving up though!"

Grape knew she was going to have to come up with something else sooner or later. And while she hoped it was "later" she was still glad that it wasn't "right now."

Grape tried to appear perfectly normal as she chuckled awkwardly.

"You'll probably have to wait a while," she said, hoping to come off casual.

Max didn't seem to notice anything odd as he said, "Like I said, I can wait for a while."

~~~~~

As Peanut caught the Frisbee, he saw Fido walking down the street out of the corner of his eye. Tossing the Frisbee back to Fox, Peanut called out, "I gotta talk to Fido for a second!"

Fox caught the Frisbee as Peanut continued. "I'll be back!"

"Alright!" shouted Fox.

Peanut rushed over to Fido before anybody else could get to him first. Nobody did.

"Fido!" said Peanut, running up to him. Fido smiled congenially as Peanut ran up.

"Hey Peanut," said Fido. "You need something?"

"Uh, well, uh, y-yeah, I do," said Peanut, suddenly feeling nervous. He really should have thought about this more. "Well, actually, maybe we could talk more privately?"

Fido suddenly looked very concerned. "Peanut, is there something wrong?"

"Oh no, nothing to be worried about!" said Peanut. "At least I hope not. But I kinda need some advice..."

"You know I'm always happy to help," said Fido. "Is it something we need to talk about now?"

Peanut didn't know really. "I guess it could wait, but the earlier the better."

Fido didn't hesitate to reply. "If it's that important, I know a few private places we can talk." He looked around a bit before saying, "follow me."

Peanut followed Fido away from the main neighborhood. They jumped a few picket fences, passed several trees, and soon Peanut was in an area he'd never been to before. They entered a small group of trees, and Peanut noticed they were hidden from view pretty well. Not that there was anybody around to see them anyway. It was a pretty good spot.

"So," Fido said. "What's on your mind?"

Peanut tried to come off as nonthreatening as he said, "I know about you and Sabrina."

The look on Fido's face would have been priceless if Peanut didn't like Fido so much. Peanut held out his hands.

"I'm sorry!" he said. "I don't mean to worry you, I won't tell anybody!" Fido quickly calmed at those words. "I wouldn't have ever brought it up but - "

Realization quickly dawned on Fido, and he interrupted with, "You're in an interspecies relationship!" He said this in a rather boisterous, yet hushed tone. "Please tell me it's not a mouse like Joey."

Peanut shook his head. "No no, Grape's a cat, not a mouse!"

Fido immediately recognized the name. "You're dating Grape! I thought that you two might be together when I heard why Bido ejected you from the Good Ol' Dogs Club."

"We weren't together then," said Peanut. "Actually, back then I didn't even know Grape was a girl."

Fido laughed. "But we're naked all the time!"

"Yeah..." said Peanut, remembering Grape say those exact words. "Anyway...I really wanted to ask you if I could...you know...give me some advice?"

Fido put his hand on Peanut's shoulder. "I'm sorry, but there's just not much to tell you. Sabrina and I...we have designated meeting places, we can kiss, we cuddle, we just be together. You and Grape live together, you can do all that in your own home and nobody would know."

Fido removed his hand from Peanut's shoulder.

"But - what about date ideas? I was hoping there was some way to go out together. As a couple."

Fido chuckled. "Not unless you want to be exposed. I know Joey knows a few places that welcome interspecies couples, but I think that's an easy way to get caught. If anybody saw you or Grape there, you'd be outed immediately. Even if they only saw one of you, they'd know that that one is in an interspecies relationship." Fido sighed. "Me? I don't risk it. I don't need to risk it. What Sabrina and I have is enough." Fido paused a moment before slowly moving to look at Peanut straight in the eyes. "You just have to find out if that's enough for you and Grape."

~~~~~

Peanut didn't mention his conversation with Fido to Grape. There wasn't anything to tell really.

The next day, Peanut and Grape met up with Max, bought their movie tickets, and filed into the theatre. Peanut bought a large over-priced bucket of popcorn at the concession stand for everybody to share. He was so excited to see this movie, he was fine with spending all of the money he had saved up for on this event.

Entering the theatre Peanut saw it was already filled, mostly with cats. Looking around for seats, Peanut, Grape, and Max had to settle for seats near the front, right in front of an entire row full of identical looking Siamese cats.

"I see their mom sprung for more than one ticket," said Grape out loud, as they sat down.

"Are you kidding?" said one of them, leaning forward. "We had to give up treats for a month for this!"

"Shh!" said one of the other cats. "The previews are about to start!"

Sure enough, the lights dimmed and the previews began. Peanut liked to talk during previews, but he didn't want to annoy any of the other movie-goers, so he kept his mouth shut as they went by.

When the movie started, Peanut passed the bucket of popcorn to Grape to keep, as she was in the middle. He then leaned forward, and did his best to keep his tail from wagging so hard in excitement that it would hit Grape, or the cat on the other side of him.

~~~~~

Grape was happy to see the movie, but she was acutely aware of Max glancing at her every now and then, as if he was trying to decide whether or not to but his arm around her. Peanut was completely oblivious. He couldn't look more excited during the whole thing.

Grape grabbed another of handful of popcorn, trying again to focus completely on the movie.

~~~~~

Max couldn't help but be uninterested in the movie. Not only had he seen it already, but he was too busy wondering if he should try making a move on Grape. He told her he would wait until she felt more comfortable, but something told him there was something else going on that prevented her from accepting his advances. Maybe she was just nervous?

Max looked over across Grape at Peanut. He'd never seen a dog so excited to watch a bunch of cats onscreen. Not for the first time that night, Max wished Peanut wasn't there with them. He was really starting to resent that dog. Grape suddenly scooted a bit closer to Peanut, and Max was overcome with a feeling of sudden jealousy. He could handle not dating Grape, but it suddenly felt as if Max would have to fight just to be friends with her. Max sighed and slumped into his chair, folding his arms across his chest, wishing either him or Peanut would just disappear.

~~~~~

Grape watched Peanut rush out into the lobby, still absolutely bursting with excitement.

It was nice to know that at least one of them had had a great time. As she walked by a trashcan Grape threw the empty popcorn bowl away.

"Wasn't that just the best movie ever?!" said Peanut to Grape.

Grape could see Max glaring at Peanut as he said this, while Peanut remained oblivious. Putting on her best cheerful face, Grape said, "Yeah, it was good. The book was better though."

"Well that goes without saying," said Peanut.

As they walked out of the theatre and back towards their homes, Peanut chatted happily at both Grape and Max. Grape tried to listen to it all, but was finding herself increasingly distracted by Max's seemingly increasing bad mood.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Grape and Peanut made it home. Peanut, still oblivious to anything wrong, went in straight away, while Grape lingered outside with Max for a moment.

"Max," said Grape. When she addressed him his eyes darted to the ground and his ears flew back for a moment. "Don't be so angry. I told you I just wanted to be friends."
Max looked back up. "I know you did!" he said. "And I know I shouldn't feel like this. But I wanted it to just be the two of us. Even if it was the two of us out as friends. The way you and Peanut were sitting so close, I felt like a third wheel. I invited you!"

"I've known Peanut most of my life!" said Grape, getting defensive. "He's my best friend!" There was a split second hesitation as she said that. "Anyway, after the movie he talked to you just as much as me. If you weren't acting like such a sourpuss maybe we all could have had a good time."

Max didn't say anything to that. Instead, he simply turned around and walked off.

Grape didn't bother to watch him leave, instead entering her home and slamming the door behind her.

Peanut's head popped out from the kitchen before he said, "Grape? Everything okay?"

Grape stomped over to the couch and threw herself into it, landing with a soft ooph.

Peanut re-entered the kitchen, but quickly came out again, this time holding sandwiches. He sat down next to Grape and handed her one. Grape took it, muttering a small "thanks" as she did so before taking a huge angry bite out of it.

"What's wrong?" asked Peanut.

Grape swallowed the bit of sandwich before speaking. "It's just Max." she began. "I think he's jealous."

Peanut suddenly looked sick. "H-he knows? About us?"

Grape took another bite of her sandwich. Just talking to Peanut about what had happned seemed to make her feel better.

"No, he doesn't know anything. He's jealous of our friendship, it looks like."

Peanut took a bite of his own sandwich. He chewed on it thoughtfully for a moment before swallowing. A few more moments passed.

"Did Max invite me to the movies, or did he invite just you?"

Grape was taken aback.

"H-he invited me. Actually, he invited me as a date yesterday. He had advanced tickets and wanted me to go. But I told him no, because we had that marathon planned. I then said we could go later, and that you could come too. He seemed okay with it at the time."

"He probably just wanted to be nice."

Suddenly it all clicked. Grape had been inconsiderate to invite Peanut. Max wanted some alone time with her, and she had refused to let him have it. To make matters worse, Max had a crush on her, so even though he might have wanted it to be okay, he was having trouble. Sometimes, Grape felt so stupid.

"You're right," said Grape. "He was trying to be nice. But it didn't work out because he likes me. I should have been more considerate of his feelings."

Peanut shrugged. "I know I'd be angry if you did something like that to me. But as your friend, and definitely as your boyfriend, I'd get over it. If you apologies to him, I'm sure he'll be fine."

"You're right," said Grape. "I'll do that tomorrow."

~~~~~

"How'd it go?" asked Bino as Max walked into the room. "Not that I really care."

"Oh shut up," said Max. He wasn't willing to get into it with Bino just know.

Bino was having none of it though.

"I got to know," he began. "How's it feel to be denied the friendship of another cat because of a dog?" Bino wasn't the brightest bulb in existence, but somehow, this time he knew exactly what had happened.

"Really, I bet they're dating. Peanut's a cat-lover you know."

"H-he is?" said Max. No, Bino was just trying to get a rise out of him.

"No, even if that's true, Grape isn't a dog-lover."

"That you know of," said Bino, smiling. He was obviously really enjoying this.

"You keep it up and you'll end up back in the hospital," said Max. With that said, he left for his room. Locking the door behind him, Max slumped into his bed.

Thinking about it, it really was his fault. She had told him she wanted to be just friends, he shouldn't have been so possessive. His bad mood had clearly made Grape unhappy, and an unhappy Grape wasn't very likely to give him the time of day when she finally was ready for a relationship.

He'd have to apologies tomorrow.

~~~~~

Grape found Max in the same place she found him the day before. He had his eyes closed, but opened them as he heard her coming.

"Hey," he said. He didn't sound like he was still angry. Grape moved to sit next to him, but he got up before she could sit down.

Grape tried to speak but he interrupted her.

"Look, I'm sorry," he began. "I shouldn't have acted the way I did. I know you and Peanut are good friends, and I know you said you didn't want a relationship right now, and I should respect that. There was no reason for me to get so mad over nothing."

"No," said Grape. "I need to apologize to you. You wanted to see the movie with just me, and I ignored that. And you've told me how you feel about me, I should have realized you wouldn't take me inviting Peanut well. I should have been more considerate."

"No," said Max. "I'm the one who's in the wrong here." He sounded so convinced of this Grape almost believed it herself.

Instead of agreeing though, she said, "Maybe we're both to blame."

Max smiled slightly. "Maybe," he said. "Let's try to not let it happen again."

~~~~~~~~~~

So I didn't update yesterday. Sorry about that. Hopefully this longest update so far will make up for it. Also, I probably will miss tomorrow's update since I'm not gonna be home. Long update makes up for it plz? :P

Also, this is the end of arc 2.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Awesome update is awesome

Loved it :3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Poor Fido. Always getting the same role in fanfics. The guy's gonna have a mental breakdown with all the times Peanut has pointed out his relationship with Sabrina. :3
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
valerio

Post by valerio »

Epic update! It's getting better and better :D
I really love how this universe is speculiar to the original. Keep 'em coming, Senator sir! And we'll be waiting, no prob at all! :D
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Great update there there, Senator.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Did this die out or something?
Senator_Sunburst

As I told Valerio the other day, I will be updating this again starting Monday. And if I don't, everybody feel free to bug me via PM. :P
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:As I told Valerio the other day, I will be updating this again starting Monday. And if I don't, everybody feel free to bug me via PM. :P
ah, thanks. I WANT SOME TO TALK TO CAUSE NO ONE ON STEAM IS ONLINE
There. glad i got THAT out of my system.
Senator_Sunburst

Erg. I've rewritten this update like twice, and I'm a slow writer to begin with. I'm gonna have to take another day, probably. Maybe I can eek out an update before I go to bed? I'll try.

EDIT - I'm just the worst person in the world. I ended up leaving, and I'm not back yet. And I won't be back until Sunday. Sorry guys.
valerio

Post by valerio »

One word, Senator...
U P D A T E
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Why do I enjoy a Grapenut fanfic so much! WHY?!

Please update soon!
valerio

Post by valerio »

ctcmjh wrote:Why do I enjoy a Grapenut fanfic so much! WHY?!

Please update soon!
cuz this is one of the best ones!
We. need. Update.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Come to think of it, I hope his fic gets update.
Senator_Sunburst

Okay, I got a question for y'all.

I have an update ready. I could post it if y'all wanted.

The thing is, I won't be able to consistently pull off that 1 update a day thing I was doing when I started this off. But I do like regular updates. So what I want to do is hold on to that update and wait until I get a backlog of updates running so if I find myself not writing, I can still update for a while. But this means you won't get your update until that backlog is done.

So I'm asking everyone, what do y'all want? Update now, more waits later, or big wait now, less waits later?
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

To me, honestly doesn't matter, go with what you're comfortable with :3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
valerio

Post by valerio »

I quote Tobee: better a solution YOU feel comfortable with, rather than feeling pressured into one. I'd prefer a bunch of regular updates, just in case. :D
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

valerio wrote:I quote Tobee: better a solution YOU feel comfortable with, rather than feeling pressured into one. I'd prefer a bunch of regular updates, just in case. :D
I couldn't say it any better. Suffice to say, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we would rather have regular updates. We can handle a wait.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

I also agree. You do what you think is best.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Tha Housedog wrote:
valerio wrote:I quote Tobee: better a solution YOU feel comfortable with, rather than feeling pressured into one. I'd prefer a bunch of regular updates, just in case. :D
I couldn't say it any better. Suffice to say, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we would rather have regular updates. We can handle a wait.

This. ^
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Pecan wrote:I also agree. You do what you think is best.
@Pecan: Seriously...your avi is giving me diabetes. X3
Also...I :lol: so hard at your signature. :mrgreen:
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Karl

Post by Karl »

I like this fic Mr. Senator. It's light and simple. Good for relaxing :)
Senator_Sunburst wrote:One last thing. My writing style is very...minimal. I'm not very good with describing things. I try to write as little as possible while still getting across the setting, what everybody is doing, and what's happening. A lot of people don't like it, and I hope you'll all be able to bare with me on it.
In my opinion, it's better sometimes to write a story that is concise and succinct. I know books where author tries to make your imagination to work. However they often end up in making reader bored because there's text that is unecessary. So don't worry about that.

Your last chapter was in August. Maybe you should consider writing something here again? Especially that I like when someone is jealous over someone :)
I'm a bookworm!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

He said to bug him if he didnt update, so let's bug him!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Tha Housedog wrote:He said to bug him if he didnt update, so let's bug him!
:lol: , what a horrible idea Housedog!

:shock:

Let's do it!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

I very well thot out story... It des not have a fairy tale story… it has real problems

Driving someone insane?

My fav pastime~

*fires Bunny babys out of a cannon at Senator*
Senator_Sunburst

It's nanowrimo, and this isn't what I'm focusing on for nanowrimo! And I'm actually thinking I may just flat out finish this story before posting chapters again. :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

As much as I'd like to read the rest of this, take your time, and release it whenever you think is best.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Hey.

HEY.

Continue this.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Revius

Post by Revius »

Hej cool i remember this old fic it was one of the first I read. And what realy happened? It's still one of the best fics I read but I never got an update :cry:
"I'm going to love and tolerate you so hard 20 years from now your descendants will clutch their chests and wonder why they feel so warm and fuzzy all of a sudden." -Anonymous

Bad speller's of the world UNTIE!!!
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

*turns into navi and floats over to senator*
Hey! Post More!
Hey! Post More!
Hey! Post More!
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
Luna werewolf