HOUSEPETS! THE SERIES Official Thread

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

valerio

Re: HOUSEPETS! THE SERIES Official Thread

Post by valerio »

D3ath_0ps wrote:Nice update Val! Can't wait for the next one! :D
thanks!
The next one will be a short one, in favor of quite a longer one later :mrgreen:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just love this update! I think it went along really fine! Nice job!
Cataloochee

Post by Cataloochee »

i can't get enough of this story!
valerio

Post by valerio »

The World Theater, Pentagon Park, Terrace High

In a stunned, if not utterly terrified, silence, the audience, regardless of the species, looked at the stage, or what was left of it. The curtain descended over the battlefield the stage had been turned into, with pieces of…things scattered all around, small craters and a disquieting big blotch at the center. There was a potent odor of cordite and ozone in the air.
Once the curtain had completely descended, Delusional Steve walked onto the stage, rubbing his paw in a confident way. The curtain barely muffled the noises and curses from the cleaning crew.
“Well, now that Jasper (Cheshire rest his soul) and Jinx showed us how to not catch a mouse, shall we get ready for the closing events. Incidentally, our two main events, which are sure to leave in your hearts the best impression of this long, funny day. So, please, those of you who have not been crisped by the last blast that is, give a heartfelt one to the star of the next event: The magnificent, the beautiful, the only and one charming DUHH-KESSSSS!
The male canine part of the public filled the air with genuine enthusiasm as the elegant Saluki walked up the steps, waving a paw and throwing kisses.
Then, paws clasped against her tummy, with a perfect look of humility, she bowed and said, “Thank you very much for attending at this late hour. I assure you, this will be worth the wait and your patience…”
---
“Listen at her! If I didn’t fear staining my costume…” Allegra glared at the dog making a show of appearing grateful and humble, while at the same time suggesting that hers was the true grand finale, and that the rest before barely counted.
The mobile stage was ready, at last, and right on time. Soon as Duchess’ show was over, the pieces would be assembled to create a single, large stage where Shadows of our Masters could be easily performed.
“Nevermind her,” Fox said. “This is for charity, not to prove anything. What matters is that the tickets were sold out in the end. See? They placed extra chairs.”
The blue cat nodded. “I see how you tamed King: You always have the right word.”
Fox blushed and didn’t add anything to that.

“Guys, remember,” the brown-furred female rat said, as she kept a brazier fit for her ablaze, “I can only work with the lights. And only because there was no time to train a crew. So it’s not cheating, I guess.” She looked at her rabbit housemate. “But magic is not about showing off.”
“Sorry, Chocolate,” Shadow said. “But I promised I’d spend more time studying the arcane arts with you. And you know how unnerving is that stuff to me.”
“It’s for your own good, you know it. You can’t share your space with a magic wielder without knowing the basis for self-defense. Of course, just in case. You know I wouldn’t ever hurt you.”
Shadow facepawlmed. “Please don’t let Jasmine hear that, or I’ll stay single forever.”
---
“…This show is a video I shot and assembled with the help of my Dad in the space of months. The title is ‘Ariana’, a song originally by Alphaville. It will be integrated with live special effects. I hope you can appreciate it.” Duchess retreated, bowing one last time. She blew one last kiss, and flashed a quick grin to her rivals.
---
“Which means that her Dad did all the job. It will be endless shots of her playing cute in some exotic settings. Blah!” Allegra grimaced.
“Isn’t her owner a professional movie Director?” Itsuki asked, feeling a little worried.
“Yeah. So what?”
---
The public applauded.
The curtain lifted…revealing a theater screen –large as life, and curved to offer an even better experience.
---
“An IMAX screen?” Lester’s jaw dropped. “I have a bad feelings about this, guys.”
“I am feeling excited,” Dallas added. “Is it bad?”
He wasn’t the only one. With such a beast, even the vacation home slides would look awesome.
Itsuki said nothing, but promptly handed Fox a kit consisting of a white cloth, a katana, a towel, paper, envelope and quill. Fox kindly declined.
---
And then came the 3…2…1…

The first shot was of the A Running Dog Production logo –of course, a silhouette of Duchess running in the desert dunes, wind and sand blowing all around.
Then those sounds effect mixed in a single blowing sound as the dog stopped and the camera turned up to shoot at the shining sun. Drums rolled before the electric guitar joined as the camera went back down, this time showing a pick-up driving along Interstate 66, leaving a dust trail behind it.
A short pause in the music. Close-up on Karo the Border Collie, straw hat on his head, sitting in the back of the car with an old radio beside him.
Karo smiled to the public as he sang,
Driving down the streets, listening to the radio
What do you get?
(Ariana, answered Boris and Yeltsin from the side of the road)
The scene changed to the interior of a ‘60s diner, and this time Karo was sitting at a table, every other animal in the room hidden behind a newspaper.
Reading the papers and the news they scream
Haven't you heard?
(Ariana go the dogs, lowering the newspapers).
Change to a shady, dirty alley stretch, where Karo, wearing a leather jacket, was leaning against a wall. Duchess walked elegantly by him, leaving behind an alley transformed in a place of beauty.
She rules the business, she's such a restless genuine juvenile
Everyone knows, wherever she goes
She got chic, she got class, she got style!
Duchess threw a kiss at the screen, and a heart filled the screen, preparing to the…
…change scene: Times Square, New York City, where a magnificent pet parade was filling the street, confetti flying all around. The parading dogs were wearing an armband with a red ‘A’ inside a pink heart. And as one they were singing,
Arianamaniacs rule the world, haven't you heard?
Arianamania sets the scenes on fire, fire

Standing on her Cadillac’s backseat, Duchess was throwing rose petals all around as if they were magically appearing from her paws. On went the chorus all around,
Arianamania sets the scenes on fire!

On the screen, a flock of bright blue hummingbird flew in formation against the camera, whistling a merry jingle like so many winged flutes…
And they literally came out of the screen! –or, rather, from behind its sides. The public ‘ooh’ed and ‘aah’ed as the birds kept singing the jingle, flying over the audience, with Karo playing the electric guitar on the stage and gaining thus his own round of applauses.
Then, the jingle tuning down, the birds disappeared back behind the screen.
Change scene: A group of cats, all dressed up like a cross between hipsters and gangsters, danced in formation all around the strutting Saluki, as they sang in a low tone,
aumamaumaumamamaumammaumamaummamaumamaumamaumama!
Change scene to Babylon Gardens’ main street, where Duchess and Karo were pedalying on a tandem bicycle, with her on the rear and saluting her fans, swooning one after the other, hearts bubbling around them.
Karo, pedaling on the front, was singing,
We're goin' nutz for Ariana
We're goin' ca-razy for herrr!
Everything glows, wherever she goes
She got love from her neck to her toes.

At the close-ups of Duchess’ collarless neck, her wagging tail and legs, as one the female canines with a mate and/or a pup covered the eyes of their beloved ones!
All the casanovas, even zombies agree – 9-0 9-0 9-0 went up the signboard held by rotting zombie hands sticking out from graveyard mounds.
With the hummingbirds and the beasts from the sea (Ahhh! went the dolphins as they jumped out of the water and dove as if swooning, with hummingbirds flying in a heart-shaped formation)
And now Karo was wearing an elegant tuxedo and holding a mike in his paw as he danced on the stage of the Dolby Theatre, with a Duchess-shaped enormous Oscar statuette behind him.
Ariana's a real sensation
When will she be on the, when will she be on the screeeeeen!

Change on a group of dogs and cats, all dressed up like a working crew. They were busy working on some metal structure -welding, hammering, sawing, running all around.

And when Karo, in overalls and hard hat, pressed a ‘T’-lever detonator, the camera zoomed out as the explosion lit up the writing ARIANA that now replaced Hollywood’s famous landmark.

Change scene to an enthusiast crowd filling a baseball stadium to capacity, everyone applauding and cheering.
Karo in his sports attire stood on the diamond. He threw the ball, as the public chanted,
One, two
One, two, three, four

And Duchess hit the ball, creating a puff of dust shaped as a ‘N.1!’ The ball took off for the sky, leaving a trail of stars behind, and the stadium sang,
Arianamania sets the scenes on fire

And when the ball exploded high in the sky, like a little sun, a renewed, roaring cheer came from the public, with Karo dressed as a cheerleader giving the cue:
G-O
Ariana, go, let's go
G-O
Go, go, Ariana
G-O
Ariana, go, let's go
Let's go, let's go, Ariana, ARIANA!

Duchess now posed like a statue over a pedestal, proudly holding a billowing American flag, in the Gardens’ Main Square. A chorus of trumpets filled the air. Everypet around sang as the camera zoomed out to take in a veritable circus, with clowns, acrobats and even big feral cats, all performing around her,

And the camera zoomed in one last time to frame Duchess smiling with sparkling teeth.
Arianamaniacs

When the curtain came down, the animal part of the audience just went wild! The humans looked more or less…puzzled, but applauded politely. At least, the youngest ones’s applauses was more heartfelt.
Duchess and Karo got up the stage and bowed holding paws, then waving. More rounds of applauses saluted them.
---
“I should sue her!” Drake muttered. “It isn’t fair, she had…well, everything and all the time in the world! And then she comes and picks on us as if we were a bunch of…peones!”
Chocolate’s eyes shone with eerie blue arcane energies. “Forget what I said, guys: I’m so gonna magick her a lesson she won’t forget!”
Last edited by valerio on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This update came a long really well! I just love the way that everything came out! Great job!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Hmm. Seems I have to add someone else to my "list of fictional characters I want to inject with irukandji poison."
*goes off, comes back with a list, and writes something on it*
Here's the new version:

Dolores umbridge
Andy fox
Paige fox
Bino
Duchess

I have enough to make video about it now.
I hope Drake and Chocolate cast a truth spell on her. In my opinion that's the best way to to deal with characters like that. Force them to say their mind, reveal what a awful person they are, strip them of all their power and reputation, and leave them a crying mess on the floor.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This chapter makes me wanna see more Duchess in the main comic.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

22 pages done, 42 to go. I just finished Season 2 in a little under 4 months, and it was great. I still have a while before I catch up, but I look forward to reading more. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hehe! I just love the way that Cerb's heads are sticking out! Great job you two!
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Duchess, the "charming young woman" in sheep's clothing. Wonder what her housemate Terrance and her feline counterpart Selene think of that?

Oh yeah, so Jake is confirmed a canon character who owned Joey. Gotta know how Joey in this fic is now owned by the reporter Simon Parker.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Hehe! I just love the way that Cerb's heads are sticking out! Great job you two!
You mean according to the 250,000 hits pic right? I agree with you.

All of the characters are amazing. [ALT-TEXT: Oddly enough, the furaffinity keywords stated there's Naos and Rigel in the pic but I only see Alcor and Mizar instead]
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Duchess is something in sheep's clothing alright, but I don't think charming is the right word. xD
Black Gryphon

Post by Black Gryphon »

I cant wait for the next update
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Anticipation is the spice that makes a brilliant concoction all the more delicious... Yes, I read that off a fortune cookie, but that doesn't make it any less true here. Besides, this at least has given some of us time to finish catching-up in reading this inspiring saga (though I'm still behind).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I haven't had time to read it. X_X
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Seems that there hasn't been an update for a little while, gives me time to catch up. I have been reading for a little under 6 months, that will come in about 2 weeks, and I am almost half way through. :D

I think I started reading at the perfect time. I started to read back in August, and by the time I got to the Halloween updates, it was October. I was happy to read along side the holiday that went along with the update. After that, I took a break to read the Dayshaun story. It took me all of November to read that, and by the time I got to the birth of the kittens, puppies, and child, it was December. I got to read the Christmas update during December. Today I just got to the Valentine's Day update, and it is only 9 days before that holiday.

In addition to that, I read about the death of Keith Grayfield today, and I got to this part of the story a week after someone in my family died. Until that point, I couldn't understand the pain of the people who lost someone as no one in my family dies before then. I learned what Tsuki and Alandra were going through a week before I read it. It also made me remember my dog that died 2 months ago.

The story is much better when it goes along with events that happen in your life. :D

Hard to believe it has been 6 months since I read about Silent Bob, the ghosts in the old Whiteman house, and everything else when I started to read about Peanut and Grape on a farm.

My favorite part of the first season was when Fox and King talked to each other in the Pridelands part. The hardest part of season I was waiting to see what was going on in the Whiteman House.

I loved the first special episode, it was one of my favorite things with the entire story. I loved it, I should really reread it sometime.

I loved the Academy in season II. Meeting Bud and seeing everyone interact with each other was great. I liked seeing Bino get punished and Peanut going with him. I loved seeing Joey trying to get a date, that was a great part of the season. One of my favorite parts (besides the birth of all the kittens, puppy, and child) was seeing Fido and Sabrina adopt. I also loved seeing the interactions between King and Bailey. I would have to say the thing I loved the most was when Bino and King talked to each other, I found this to be one of the best parts of the entire story.

I didn't know what to expect going into the second special episode, as I had never seen Excel Saga. I read all of it but the last episode before I watched any of it, so it was really confusing, but I did love that show. It was great.

Right now I am reading the third season. I love the cast of Terrance High. I believe my favorite characters are Kwesi, Tegan, Alandra, and Volant. I have more, but those are the ones I seem to want to see the most of. I may have just started reading the Valentine's Day update, but I did accidentally skip a page and read about a certain dog and fox. I can't wait to get to that again. I love seeing all of the couples and feeling good for them. My favorite couple of the third season so far is Kwesi and Alandra, though they are probably the only couple I have seen so far...

The more I read about Terrace High, the more I think that I wouldn't want to live there, with all the security and regulations. I would prefer a place like Babylon Gardens.

My reaction when I realized I skipped over an entire page was great, I hated myself as well as wondering how I did it. Turns out I was in a rush to get to the next page that I pressed the button twice. I ended up reading ahead a few chapters, and reading it out of order. :lol:

This story also plays with my emotions. It made me cry, laugh, hate it, and love it. I couldn't believe I actually cried at parts in it.

I can't believe it has almost been 6 months, and it has been great at that. I hope I have another great 6 months of reading ahead of me, as I am not even halfway through the story yet. Can't wait to read more, I an will hate it when I finally get caught up. All the late nights of staying up until 2am, and all the days of trying to read it in school will be a thing of the past, but I still have a while before that happens. I am still having fun, keep up the great work with this story. If the recent updates are half as good as the first 3 seasons, then it will be worth reading. :D
You know, I really hate those spoiler tag things, but I needed to put them here. They are a pain on mobile.

Also, one of the best things to come from the entire story so far was this.
EvanAierkan wrote:Image
I have no idea why I did this.
I saw that many times before I got to this point in the story, and it confused me a lot. Then I read that part and I can't stop laughing at it.
Last edited by dtlux1 on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

of course the ficcie is NOT dead, guys, but my life's been a little...hectic, as of recently, plus I had accumulated a ton of books I really wanted to read, so i took some time off the ficcie.
But it's not over yet, nossir...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

take all the time you need, maybe that way I'll find time to catch up with it before I get 30 updates behind :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well you just take all the time that you need. We won't rush you at all. We love this fic. As log as you need is what you'll get. :)
starhobo14

Post by starhobo14 »

Obviously it's been awhile... but I just have to say NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I NEED MOAR!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think that he is able to write anymore because his schedule is too crazy.