A Whole New World

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

IceKitsune

Re: A Whole New World

Post by IceKitsune »

I personally prefer the small updates and larger updates would mean less cliff hangers and I actually enjoy the cliff hangers. So I would just keep doing what your doing.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I most defiantly like having the small updates with cliffhangers, also it may be beneficial for you (At least I hope). But having a small helping every day or two is much more attractive.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Thanks for the input everyone! As my thanks I'm going to go ahead and update :) ( I really need something like this to cool down after two 3 hour tests anyway :s) Also, I'm going to start putting my story on Fanfiction.net ( So feel free to go review it :D)

"Minion? What are you talking about?" I asked, wondering who the heck this was.

"You know what I'm talking about!" her eyes glowed green.

"Oh, hey Shadow" Peanut said, coming to the door. "You haven't met Tarot have you? Tarot this is Shadow-"

"Peanut you've met this evil thing before?!"

"What are you talking about?" Peanut questioned.

"I can feel Pete's magic on him, he has to be working with him!"

"You mean the guy who's suppose to bring the end of days or something?" Peanut asked.

"Yes him."

"I'm so confused right now..." I said.

"Tarot I've known Shadow ever since he came to the neighborhood, he isn't evil."

"That doesn't explain Pete's magic, he could be under his control as we speak." Tarot stared at me.

"Whoa whoa whoa, I have no idea what your talking about but I'm not evil." This Tarot girl was creeping me out, did she have magical abilities too? Could she help me get home? I need to prove to her I'm not evil... "What can I do to prove it to you?"

"Let me read your mind" she said blankly.

"Tarot do you really need to do that? Shadow is just a kitten."

Read my mind? I guess if that's what I need to do... "Fine, you can read my mind but I don't want you blabbing to others about my life. It wouldn't hurt either if you told me who you were."

"Agreed, if you are in fact not evil I'll explain a little about myself but that's it."

"OK, so how exactly are you-" I stopped mid sentence when she grabbed my paws within her own. I looked up, her eyes glowed green. Before I realized what was happening I saw the last few days play within my mind. Coming home, being teleported here, Pete changing me into a cat, and everything else leading up to this point.

"But this doesn't make sense, Pete is suppose to be evil. Why is he helping you?" I heard Tarot ask within my head.

Why is he suppose to be evil?

"The spirits told me, he is the bringer of the end."

I don't know, but now you know I'm not evil. So, what are you? Do you use magic?

"No, I am a psychic and I can communicate with the spirits. I can foresee the future and see into people's minds."

So you can't help me?

"No."

Can you look into the future and see if I ever get back home?

"It doesn't work like that."

Our hands separated, Tarot's eyes going back to normal.

"Um, what just happened?" Peanut asked.

"He isn't evil, I received more questions then answers though."

"So, you met Pete, Shadow?" Peanut asked.

"Yea, you could say that..." I said. "Soooo, are we good now?"

"For now, but I still have questions" Tarot said.

"Good, can I come in now?" I asked.

"Sure, we were just about to play pretend. It's a lot more fun with Tarot" Peanut said.

"Oh yea, why is that?" I asked puzzled.

You said you liked cliff hangars, so here ya go >;D
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
FlintTheSquirrel

So he is going to go who knows where with this psychic imagination thing. This cliffhanger of yours has no ends to meet this time, though I wonder if Tarot will persistently question Shadow as they are playing, and I wonder if she knows or will know about King and if so, if she will tell Shadow about his predicament in one way or another.
So MANY Questions! :?
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Heh, I like where this is going. :P Can't wait for more! :D
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Icharus

Post by Icharus »

This is awesome. It is getting really exciting!
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

i just hope this wont the the imaginate, too! arc all over again :roll: i found most of the arc boring -_- (the last 3 strips of it are an exception)
no longer active, sorry
FlintTheSquirrel

That arc was not that bad, but a tad slow, but I am sure that Neko will recreate the story in his own image, or maybe browse through it faster then the original, I wonder if Max is there to.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:That arc was not that bad, but a tad slow, but I am sure that Neko will recreate the story in his own image, or maybe browse through it faster then the original, I wonder if Max is there to.
It was inevitable I guess.

Anyways, I was wonering, What does shadow look like? I always imagined he looks like maxwell(as in fur colour) :roll: Are you(or anyone else)ever going to illustrate him?
no longer active, sorry
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:That arc was not that bad, but a tad slow, but I am sure that Neko will recreate the story in his own image, or maybe browse through it faster then the original, I wonder if Max is there to.
This story takes place after Imaginate Too! I believe. Because he said that It takes place after the role play with Peanut, Grape, Tarot, and Max which would be Imaginate Too! (And yes I agree Imaginate Too! did drag on a little too long the endding was worth it though.)

Edit: How this takes place in January however I don't get because Imaginate Too! was the only time the four of them role played together and that takes place in March I think.
Neko

Post by Neko »

For those wonder, I thought Imaginate Too! happened in early January ( I joined this series way late...) So yea that's my bad, and I can't really fix it now without changing the story drastically. Try to bear with it :S (Sorry everyone :( )

To clarify, I'm not redoing the arc, this happened after wards (though I got the timing wrong)

I moved through the bushes, searching for Tarot and Peanut. I can't believe they ditched me out here! I'm so lost, when I find them I'm going to... The sound of feet crunching caught my attention. I got down on all fours and peered through the foliage.

Peanut emerged from the bushes, dressed up in a typical safari outfit holding a map. "Why did Tarot have to make such a complicated map, I don't know if I'm even going the right way..."

I growled deeply from within my hiding spot, causing Peanut to stop dead in his tracks. "T-Tarot, is that you? I was just kidding about the whole map thing, heh heh."

I Leaped out, tackling Peanut to the ground. "Guess again" I growled, showing my massive teeth as I pinned him to the ground.

"Shadow?"

I got off of Peanut, pulling him to his feet. "Yea, pretty cool huh?"

Peanut looked me over, "You definitely got the whole pouncing thing down."

I guess Peanut was right about that, not to mention it was fun to be a tiger. Heck, I didn't feel like a little kitten anymore, I was taller then Peanut and I had massive muscles.

"Peanut this is amazing, why hasn't Tarot come over before? This beats all the Mario games combined!"

"She was out of town for a week, she just came back today."

"Oh...So what are we suppose to do? I know were playing pretend but..."

"Well I am an adventurer looking for the lost treasure hidden away from a long and forgotten society. The problem though is that I don't know where to go."

I leaned down and looked at the map Peanut was holding out. "Wait I seen that statue when I was looking for you. I think it was this way" I said, leading Peanut through the jungle.

"Is this the place?" I asked, staring up at the temple before us. Reminds me of an Aztec temple.

"The map led us here" Peanut said, trekking forward into the dark entrance.

I followed Peanut inside, even though this was just an illusion in my mind it all seemed so vivid and real. I could feel the moist floors, smell the moldy air, if I didn't know better I would have thought this all to be real. As we progressed inside the light from the entrance no longer reached us, Peanut stopped walking. He sat his backpack down and pulled out two flashlights, turning them on and handing one to myself. We continued on.

"So, we're looking for treasure or something?" I asked.

"We're looking for the lost treasure of the wolverine tribe who lived here long ago.

"You don't know what the treasure is?" I asked, Peanut shrugged in response. I continued following Peanut, studying all the designs on the walls. As I walked a stone I stepped on sunk down, "Peanut, you may want to start running." The walls grumbled and gears could be heard churning. We took off running as darts shot from the walls. When the sound of them stopped, we slowed down and caught our breath.

"Haven't you ever watch an adventure movie? You have to watch out for booby traps."

"Sorry, I didn't think about that" I said. What would have happened if those hit us? Would we have felt pain? We continued on down the long corridor.

We finally reached a big spacious room. It had a small pillar in the center, a beam of light shining down onto it where beams of color went off around the room.The cause of the beautiful spectacle was a diamond shaped as a typical dog bone. "Wow...." I looked around the room, enjoying the lights.

Peanut approached the pillar, his eyes gleaming as he reached for the diamond.

"Wait!" I nearly screamed. "What if it's booby trapped, like in that one Indiana Jones movie?"

"Good idea." Peanut pulled out a small bag, and filled it with sand from the floor. He placed his paw on the diamond, and quickly switched its place with the sand. We stood still, listening for any traps that may go off.

"I guess that's its then" I said, wanting to just leave before something bad happened.

A wall in the room started to move, dust and sand filled the air. I covered my mouth, as the dust settled. A wolf mummy walked out of the opening, its eyes glowing green. Don't tell me that's Tarot, why would she be an evil mummy?

"How dare you steal my precious heirloom, you shall pay for your disrespect to the dead." The mummy slowly approached us.

"Soooo, let's get out of here!" I said, turning around to start my escape.

Peanut grabbed my arm, stopping me. "Your suppose to fight it! I'm the brave adventurer, and your the animal the tags along and protects me."

"What!? Why didn't you tell me that earlier?"

"I thought it was obvious" he said blankly.

"Fine, I'll beat up the mummy." I turned around and faced the evil being. "Alright mummy your going down!"

"Hello?" A voice said, echoing through the room.

Myself and Peanut looked at each other.

"Guys, snap out of it" the voice said again.

The temple room dissolved, and I found myself face to face with Tarot in the living room. Grape's paw was waving in front of my face.

"You played without me?" she said.

"You were sleeping, so I left you alone" Peanut explained.

"But I love mental projection pretend!"

"Last time I woke you up, you said to never do it again unless the house was on fire."

"That and if Tarot's going to do mental projection pretend!" Grape said.

@ReCreate

I described Shadow in the very first part of the story:

"The old man pulled out a hand mirror, seemingly out of no where and held it up at me. I looked up and saw a black cat with white paws, white tipped tail and ears with a big white spot on my belly."

For Shadow's Size, I would compare it to the puppy in this comic Not Good With Children

Would I illustrate him? If I could draw I would, but I am a horrible artist sorry. :\
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Oh... :oops: sorry, didnt notice that... anyways awesome! :D
no longer active, sorry
FlintTheSquirrel

I think it is better to not illustrate him, since then we can make our own mental image which can't be flawed.

I am not sure about that beefy bodyguard thing Peanut, I don't recall any Indiana Jones movies like that. ;)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I was assuming this was next year anyway, so I don't think the timing's off ;)
And this is epic, so I wouldn't complain anyway!
Neko

Post by Neko »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:I think it is better to not illustrate him, since then we can make our own mental image which can't be flawed.

I am not sure about that beefy bodyguard thing Peanut, I don't recall any Indiana Jones movies like that. ;)
The idea is that it is loosely based off of Indiana Jones :P
Neko

Post by Neko »

I hate to double post but...

It began to snow as I trudged on towards the forest. The wind picked up, causing the snowflakes to dance around me as I past through the treeline. I folded my arms against my chest to keep warm, my scarf flapping in the wind. I kept walking, the wind and snow getting worse as I progressed. I don't know why I was out here, or where I was going. I couldn't stop, I had to keep going. It almost felt as though some strange power was calling out to me, pulling me in.

"I can help you" a voice echoed through the trees.

I stopped, looking in every direction for the source of the voice. "Where are you...Who are you?" I said to the empty air.

"I'm a guardian, a protector of this world."

"Wait, you said you can help me? You can get me back to my universe?" I asked, still looking for the voice.

"With Pete's help, Yes."

"Where are you than?"

"You are nearing my prison. I am in a deep sleep until I'm awoken, awoken for when troubles appear within the world."

"What are you talking about, you're a prisoner? I don't understand!"

"You have to release me from my imprisonment. If you do not, I will continue to sleep. I must go now, it is extremely tiring to use my powers in this state."

"Wait, you can't go! I need your help!" I spun around, trying to find the person who was speaking to me. As I searched everything began to dim, eventually fading to black.

I jerked up, waking from my dream. What the heck was that? Guardian, imprisonment....was that all just a dream? Was someone contacting me through my dreams... The sound of the morning news snapped me back to reality.

King turned to me, "Finally awake huh? It's almost noon already."

"Wow, I really slept in..." I stood up, adjusting my necklace.

Pete walked into the room carrying a book in one hand, and his cane in the other. "How do you feel about a trip to the Pet Park?"

Is it bad that it takes me over an hour to do just a small update like this? :\
Last edited by Neko on Sat May 15, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlintTheSquirrel

Took over an hour? Sort of is and sort of not bad, depends on if you spent the time thinking of ways to word it, since that is my main flaw in writing.

Edit: Mysterious Voice Dreams, such a classic. :)
Last edited by FlintTheSquirrel on Sat May 15, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neko

Post by Neko »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Took over an hour? Sort of is and sort of not bad, depends on if you spent the time thinking of ways to word it, since that is my main flaw in writing.
Yea actually, I spend a lot of my time writing just thinking of different ways to word something before finally deciding on it. :p
FlintTheSquirrel

For me, I know a lot of words, but when it comes to putting them on paper, I completely forget the word that goes with the sentence and end up pondering on one area for 5 minutes or so. Is that the same problem you have?
Neko

Post by Neko »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:For me, I know a lot of words, but when it comes to putting them on paper, I completely forget the word that goes with the sentence and end up pondering on one area for 5 minutes or so. Is that the same problem you have?
Yea actually, lol. Sometimes I try to write a sentence and I just can't think of the right word for several minutes.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

One hour. O_O What. lol

Anyways, awesome! Can't wait for more! :D
no longer active, sorry
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

There hasn't been an update in quite some time... :?

O_o
no longer active, sorry
FlintTheSquirrel

Don't worry about it, I think Neko will have one up soon, just has some end of Senior year things to attend to. Just keep cool and patient, since it is the weekends now, he may have time for an update.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Hurray for the 20th update :D
Sorry that I haven't update in awhile everyone, I've been busy (I wish school would end already).

Pete returned from the closet carrying our scarfs and two leashes, clipping one to my collar. "Leashes?" I asked as he handed my scarf to me.

"There are leash laws outside of this neighborhood" he said plainly, putting the other leash on King.

King and I put on our scarfs while being led out through the front door by Pete. He walked down the sidewalk, cane in one hand, leashes and book in the other with me and King trailing behind.

"What is the pet park like?" I asked looking to King.

"It's a park where all the pets go to hang out and have fun, what else?" he replied.

"Oh..." I figured that much...

Before long we were out of our neighborhood and entering the city. The only way I knew this was because of the increase in cars driving past, people walking by, and all the stores and buildings that came into view. I wanted to ask how much farther the park was but I didn't want to sound like a little kid. 'Are we there yet? How much farther?' I stayed quiet, hoping it wasn't much farther, my small legs starting to get tired.

After passing several interesting looking stores I saw a sign, 'Pet Park' Yes, finally! The park came into view, and it looked like any typical park. Brick wall surrounding the outside edges, with an archway entrance. Pete led us through the entrance, snow blanketed the entire park along with all kinds of dogs. There was snowmen scattered all around, frisbees and balls flying through the air, pets chasing each other.

Pete unclipped our leashes, "Have fun now you two. If you need me I'll be on this bench reading." He sat down, opening his book.

I turned to King to see what he was going to do, but he was scanning the area.

"So, do you want to-" I was cut off.

"King, over here!" a dog called, waving to King.

"Hey!" King called back, running over to the dog.

Guess I'm on my own then... I wondered through the park, searching for someone who looked friendly enough to talk to or play with. I soon realized that I was the only cat there, I was in this park surrounded my dogs! I sat down leaning against a tree who's branches were barren. This sucks, I should have expected that only dogs would want to go to the park. I looked up into the sky, watching the clouds slowly drift by. I yawned, my eyes slowly closing.

"Do you want to play?" said an energetic voice, waking me from my slumber.

"Huh?" I slowly opened my eyes to see a dalmatian pup standing over me.

"Do you want to play with me? We can make snow angels, have a snowball fight, play hide n' seek or play tag!" He was getting very excited, his tail wagging crazily.

"Well tag sounds-"

"Tag your it!" He touched my shoulder and ran off.

"Hey get back here!" I said, jumping up and chasing after him.

"My name is Miro by the way" the dalmatian pup said as we worked together on our giant snowman.

"I'm Shadow" I said smiling. "Did you want to make snow angels when we finish this?"

"Oh yea, I almost forgot about that!"

We finished our giant snowman and found a nice patch of snow in which to create snow angels. We stood side by side and fell back against the snow, moving our arms and legs to make our snow angels.

"Miro!" A voice called out.

"Aww, I have to go. My big brother is calling me" Miro said getting up."Bye!" Miro ran off.

"Bye..." I got up as well. Here I am all alone again. Even though Miro was a pup, it was fun playing with him. I don't know why, but kid games are always fun. I smiled to myself.

"Shadow!" Someone called.

Is that... I looked around, and saw King heading towards me.

"There you are, we got to go."

"Alright." I followed King back to where Pete was waiting for us.

"Did you have fun?" Pete asked.

"Yea, it was" I replied.

I opened my eyes, feeling like an ice cube. I was out in the forest; the snow slowly coming down, swirly here and there from the small breeze. Am I dreaming again?

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

nice job, happy 20th update!
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Awesome! :D Just awesome. :P
Don't worry about it, I think Neko will have one up soon, just has some end of Senior year things to attend to. Just keep cool and patient, since it is the weekends now, he may have time for an update.
Ah, okay. :P
no longer active, sorry
FlintTheSquirrel

ooooOOOO A pet park :D. And I have to agree, some kid games are still fun, except most of the time you are not aloud to do it anymore due to keeping your social image. Shadow is so lucky to be a kid again. >.<
Neko

Post by Neko »

I opened my eyes, feeling like an ice cube. I was out in the forest; the snow slowly coming down, swirly here and there from the small breeze. Am I dreaming again? No, this feels different. It feels....real. I checked my surroundings, falling snow, trees, blankets of snow covering the ground, and the moon shining brightly from above. How did I get out here, the last thing I remember is going to sleep... I turned around and saw my tracks in the snow, which were quickly disappearing from the snow fall. Did I sleep walk out here? Did that voice from my dream take me out here? Should I go back while I still can, or go forward in hopes of finding him? I continued onward.

I wasn't sure where I was going, but it all seemed familiar. Almost like I had been here before, was it because of the dream? I kept trudging through the snow, my body getting colder with every step. It was getting to the point where I could only see a few feet in front of me, the snow was coming down bad. I have to keep going, I have to find this person. I need to get back- "Ow!" I banged my head on something, causing my skull to ache. I rubbed my head and looked up. A big golden circle stood before me, there was weird designs and images carved along its surface. Is this the entrance, is this where the voice who spoke to me wanted me to go?

I studied its surface, but there was no handle, no obvious way to open. How do I open this? I don't see how...wait is that a button? I leaned in and pressed it, it sunk in. The door trembled, slowly rising up revealing a cave, a small blue light shining out to me. I walked inside, glad to be escaping the blizzard that was brewing outside. I followed the light which lead me to a pedestal, it was emitting a faint blue glow. "What am I supposed to do now..." I looked at the pedestal, its brightness getting brighter. No, it wasn't getting brighter. My necklace, it was glowing brightly; its intensity getting stronger. "What the?!" I had to shield my eyes it was getting so bright, then it was dark. I lowered my paws, it was pitch black.

Clip-Clop Clip-Clop Clip-Clop

"Who's there? Are you the one who spoke to me?" I said to the empty air.

Stomp

A light filled the room, it was a torch attached to the wall.

Clip-Clop Clip-Clop

A unicorn walked into the light, looking right at me.

"You're a...Unicorn?"

"Oh sorry dude, does that bother you?"

Stomp

There was a flash of light, now a hippie stood before me. Tie dye shirt and headband, worn out jeans and sandals, wearing a pair of glasses.

"Let me guess, you were imprisoned during the 70's?" I asked.

He looked down at his clothes and back at me. "Is it that obvious?"

"Never mind, that doesn't matter. You said in my dream you could help me, get me back to my universe!"

"Yea dude, with Pete's help it'll be a easy" He paused. "Shadow right? I'm Skylar."

"Uh yea, but how did you..."

"I'm sorry bro but I gotta go report in, they'll fire me if I don't tell them I was awaken."

"What, report to who? I need your help first!"

"Don't worry I'll be back, but I really have to do this first."

Stomp

Another flash of light, and he was gone. I was alone, the only sound to be heard was the crackling of the torch.

I awoke the next morning, still alone. He hadn't come back. I had decided to stay overnight in case he came back, as well as not wanting to get lost in the heavy snow from last night. I went to the entrance, the sun already above the horizon. I was exhausted and hungry, but I couldn't just wait around in hopes of Skylar's return. I had to get back to Pete's house.

I made my way out of the cave, and started the tiring walk back home. The fresh snow made each step a workout, my hopes of getting back quickly fading. My legs feel like lead, I'm freezing and I don't know the way home. I can't... My legs buckled and I fell face first into the snow. I'm so tired...

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I laughed quite a bit at Skylar, nice job!
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Interesting... :)
And yeah, what he said. :P
no longer active, sorry
Neko

Post by Neko »

Warmth, that's the first thing I felt. I opened my eyes and saw the sky, clouds slowly drifting by. I tried to move, but my arms and legs wouldn't budge. I turned my head and noticed I was being carried, in the arms of a wolf.

"I see that your awake" he said looking down at me. "How are you feeling?"

"Better now...."

"Everyone's worried about you, Fido organized the entire neighborhood into a search party. It wasn't hard to track your scent though. We should be back in a few minutes."

"Thanks for saving me" I said weakly.

"Don't worry about it, I'm glad I could help. I'm Miles by the way, I don't believe we've met before. Shadow right?"

"Uh yea."

"What were you thinking?! No I already know, you weren't thinking! Why Would you run off into the forest?" King was fuming, towering over me while I sat on the couch.

"Well, I uh, was playing in the snow and the next thing I know I was lost...." I hated to lie, but I couldn't tell the truth.

King sighed, "How many times do I have to say 'Don't go wandering off!' Why won't you just listen?"

"I'm sorry OK. Do you think I got lost on purpose?" My head slumped down.

"Just go eat your breakfast" King said leaving the room.

I'm sorry to make you worry, but I had to free Skylar. Speaking of which, where the heck is that hippie! 'I'll be back to help you' and yet I haven't seen him yet. I need to tell Pete that I found him...wait where is Pete? I went to the kitchen and ate my breakfast, with no signs of Pete. I wonder if Pete knows he was freed, did he go with him to....report in?

This is boring! King was convinced he couldn't leave me alone for a second, because of that I was stuck at home with him. He was lounging on the couch watching some stupid show, while I was laying in my bed dying of boredom. There was just nothing to do in the house. Where the heck was Pete and Skylar? I wish they'd hurry up, I want to go back to my own universe to my own home... The sound of foot steps snapped me out of my thoughts. I sat up, Pete and Skylar standing in the room.

"King, Shadow, this is my acquaintance; Skylar" Pete said.

"What's up dudes?" Skylar said flashing the peace sign.

They're back!

"Hey" King said turning off the TV.

"Skylar is going to be staying with us for a few days while he's in town" Pete said. "King why don't you go play outside instead of laying around the house."

King sighed, "Fine." King stood up and left through the front door.

Pete and Skylar took a seat on the couch. "So, I see that you found Skylar before me. But in all honesty I couldn't have awoken him anyways. I commend you on a good job Shadow."

"What? What do you mean you couldn't wake him? So when you said you'd help me you were just lying?" I was getting mad.

"Of course not. You see, guardians cannot awaken other guardians. Only when someone is in need of a guardian's help can we be awoken. When that happens the guardian in slumber will contact the person or pet in need through a dream and lead them to their location." Pete calmly said.

"Yea dude, I talked to you in your dream cause I sensed you were troubled. It's what we do."

"Oh, I guess that makes sense...But what are guardians? Who did you report to, and when can I go home?"

"Well we had to report to the council of-" Skylar was cut off.

"We can't tell you, you already know to much. Our main concern right now is returning you back to your universe. It's going to take both of us to perform the spell to return you."

"Are you going to change me back before you send me?"

"That's one of the problems, we can't. Not in this universe at least, when you get back your going to have to find a guardian to do it. Which is one of the questions we have, you said your brother sent you here correct?"

"Well yea.."

"We beleive a guardian might have disguised himself as your brother to do this, though we don't know why they would. A normal human being shouldn't be able to use magic at all. So we think you should go back to the book store you described and see what you can find."

No, that had to have been my brother. I would have noticed...wouldn't I?"OK, I can do that...But what am I going to tell my family? I've been gone for nearly a week."

"You see little dude, time works differently in different universes. For example, you came here for a week, but when you go back it'll be the same day. No worries dude" Skylar explained.

"Oh that's good,when can you send me back?"

Pete snapped his fingers and the same diagram my brother had drawn appeared on the floor. "If your ready, now."

ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Awesome! though i hope this isnt the end of the story... is it?
no longer active, sorry
Neko

Post by Neko »

ReCreate wrote:Awesome! though i hope this isnt the end of the story... is it?
You'll have to wait and find out :p
FlintTheSquirrel

Neko wrote:
ReCreate wrote:Awesome! though i hope this isn't the end of the story... is it?
You'll have to wait and find out :p
It best not be o.O, I like seeing King/Fox interacting with Shadow.
I mean he is just now starting to get along with everyone. :(
But with a response like "You'll have to wait to find out" I am pretty sure it will continue, just hope that the others will still be there, if at all possible.
Neko

Post by Neko »

"You'll be needing this" Pete handed me a silver ring, encrusted with a ruby. "I put an enchantment on this ring, when you put it on it'll disguise you as your human form. I've stored some of my energy within the ruby to keep the enchantment going, though I'm not sure how long it'll last. You'll have to be changed back as soon as possible. Once you get back put it on right away, I can only imagine what would happen if they saw a walking and talking kitten."

I took the ring and held it in my palm, "Alright." I took my spot in the middle of the diagram, excited I was finally returning home. Yet, I still worried about the problems I'd have to face. Pete knelt outside of the circle in front of me with Skylar in a similar position but behind me.

"Are you ready?" Pete asked.

I nodded.

Pete and Skylar placed their hands against the ground and began chanting. The same blue tinted force field appeared as they continued on. I took a deep breath. This is it, I'm finally going back home, back to my family! Everything went black.

When I opened my eyes, I was floating. It felt like I was flying through a tunnel of purple light with blackness at the end. I grasped tightly to the ring in my hand, I couldn't afford to lose it. I wanted to go home, I wanted to see my family. I didn't want to float here, where was here? Mom...Dad...David...I'm coming! My necklace shone brightly, turning the colors of the tunnel to a light blue. Everything faded to white.

Cold, I was cold and everything was white. I picked myself up off the snow covered ground, I was in my backyard, I was home! I ran to the sliding glass door and peered in, I saw my school bag on the dining room table, and Rufus's doggy dish! This was my home, I was finally back! I started to open the door, but stopped. I can't go back yet, I have to go to the bookstore.

Grrrrrr

I slowly turned around, and was faced against Rufus, his teeth bared. "Rufus, it's me!" He replied with more growls. Oh wait, he doesn't recognize me because I'm still a cat! I slipped the ring on, a cloud of smoke engulfing me. I looked down and I had my human body back with the same clothing I had when I had left, the only change being the necklace and ring.If only this was the real thing and not an illusion... Rufus stopped growling, jumping up on me and licking my face. "OK OK stop boy" I laughed. "I have to go, but I'll be back later." I pushed Rufus down, leaving through the back gate. I started my way down the sidewalk heading to my school. I'll have to go by what my brother said to find the bookstore. I'll have to go to school and figure out where he went.

I stood outside an old Bookstore, hoping this was the right one. I walked in, the door ringed a bell alerting anyone within of my presence. I walked to the front desk noticing that all the shelves were empty, there wasn't a book to be seen. There was nothing at the front desk besides the cashier machine, though it seemed very old styled. "Hello?" I called out to the back room.

"I'm sorry but as you can see I am out of business. I gave away my last book today" a male voice replied.

"That's the thing, you gave that book to my brother. I was wondering if I could talk to you about it."

There were footsteps and than an old man emerged from the back room, standing behind the counter. He had a full head of gray hair that was cut short, a pair of glasses, white collared shirt with tan slacks. He adjusted his glasses and gave me a good once over. "Is there something wrong with it? Missing page, damaged cover, water damage?"

"Well you see, you gave him a spell book."

"So what? In case you didn't know I sold mostly witchcraft and wicken books. If you've come to tell me the spells don't work I never claimed that they would. Now if you'd please leave I have to finish packing." He turned around and was heading into the back room.

"But the spell did work!"

He stopped in mid step, "What did you say?"

"In the book...my brother performed the astral jump spell on me!" There was silence, all I heard was my own breathing.

The old man turned and slowly walked back to the counter, never taking his eye's off of me. "Where did you go?"

I wasn't sure what to tell him, the truth? But how does he know anything, he's suppose to just be a bookstore owner not a magician. But...could that mean...

"An alternate universe, where animals can walk on two legs and talk."

The old man stared at me for a few seconds, then busted out in laughter. "Did jimmy send you kid?" he laughed. "That old man is always trying to pull a practical joke on me."

I suppose I have to prove it to him. I pulled my ring off, going back to my kitten self in a cloud of smoke. I now looked up at the counter, everything now much larger than myself. The old man's face had gone pale, "Do you beleive me now?"

After a few seconds of silence, "No, I must have given my spell book away. I had stored my energy within that book for emergencies. Your brother, he must have used my power to use that spell... I'm so sorry..." his voice trailed off.

"You're a guardian aren't you?" I asked. "If you are you can just change me back to a human right? I'll forgive you for you're mistake, with the universal time difference I was only gone a for half the day. I just really want to go back home now."

He swallowed, "Yes, I am a guardian and I can but...there is something I need to tell you. Call it fate or destiny but I beleive this happened for a reason. Will you listen to my story?"

"Of course I will."

He cleared his throat. "When I was assigned this sector I opened up this book store to sell my extensive collection of witchcraft books and the like. I no longer had any need for them for I had learned all there was to learn. One day a young couple came in asking for a spell to help them conceive a child. They already had a young son, but they yearned for another child so that their child would not be so alone. But they could not conceive again due to a car accident the mother had been in. I told them I had no such spells and they sadly left.
I felt bad for them so I used by crystal ball to search for a child in need of a home. What I saw in the crystal ball was a young kitten who was lost in the woods, a snow storm brewing, threatening the kittens young life. I used my powers to travel to his universe and I brought him back to this very store. I used a spell and changed that kitten into a beautiful baby boy. I gave that baby boy to that young couple, that baby boy was you."

No...That can't be true! That would mean, I was truly born a kitten. My family...they adopted me? I'm not from this universe...I just came back here...I left my naturally born universe...wait, what is this...what is this nagging feeling in the back of my mind...

"Sasha, can hold him?" Sabrina asked. "He reminds me a lot of my little brother."

"Sure Sabrina, but I didn't know you had a little brother" Sasha said.

"Yea, mean either. I would have thought you would tell me something like that, especially since....were....you know..." Fido trailed off.

Sabrina looked down at me in her arms, her eyes tearing up. "I never said anything because..." Her voice got quiet. "Because he disappeared when he was still a kitten, that was so long ago.... Shadow and him could have passed off as twins..."

Am I...Sabrina's brother?

"So you're saying, I was sent to my birth universal, turned back into my original form?"

"That's correct."

"I met my sister.... I have a sister in that other universe!"

"The point I'm trying to make is, do you want to stay here and go back to being a human. Or return to your home universe and live the life you were born to live" the old man said calmly.

Wow, what a plot twist huh? I hope you all enjoyed this installment, it took me several hours to write and tweak.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Wow. Awesome! :D You caused kind of a paradox there. XD It's amazing how its like you had planned all of this from the start.
no longer active, sorry
FlintTheSquirrel

Nice plot twist indeed, has a creepy old guy in an abandoned bookstore and everything. It also connected some missing links in the story. You get my Seal of Approval for excessive good story telling :D .
I hope shadow can form a compromise in this situation, or at least do something for his family, like thanking them and such. He should take his time on this decision. ;)
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Wow...that's brilliant...

I definitely did not see that coming. Bravo, Neko. Bravo.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

...Well it is enteriesting, but there were so many times I just stoped and was thinking how I'd rather take my chances living as a feral, after the shots, because I so would not be able to put up with the crap Shadow is getting. Like the harness thing, be treated like a child (kitten) and all that stuff.

But, this fanfic is pretty good.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Nice twist to this story.