Beneth the leaves

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

no-one-in-particular

Beneth the leaves

Post by no-one-in-particular »

hello this is my first time posting a form story and I am mostly testing every thing out right now.

on to the actual content i am writing a romantic story about the raccoons. (I never herd their names so i hope not to offend any one by giving them names(Filch and sliver))

So if you would find this interesting please give me your input
Ebly

Re: Beneth the leaves

Post by Ebly »

For "posting a form story" you sure haven't posted it.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
no-one-in-particular

I'm seeing if its all o.k. you know seeing if any one gets mad?
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I know what you mean, but people here are pretty cool like that. You'll be safe.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
no-one-in-particular

The leaves crunched as I walked through the forest. *sigh* What do I exist for? Whats
our purpose hear and why do the goods refuse to give me a brake? I thought as i looked
down at my mud caked form. "How do I always get into these messes?" I asked the frozen
landscape. "Come on Filch its not that bad at least we get to go home to our tree." said an equally mud-caked raccoon. "You mean the one that was knocked into the river when that bird
got out?" The raccoons shoulders drooped and he sighed. I frowned and said "Hay I'm sorry, I'm
just wandering ware were going to sleep tonight little bro" He nodded and said nothing.

After another hour of searching I was about to give up when I saw a light flickering in the
distance. A camp fire, shelter, rest, people, danger This is what i thought as i saw the flickering light of a fire. I hesitated then said "Sliver lets go i see a camp fire but be careful"
He looked up and nodded seriously.

(If any one wants to join in it perfectly acceptable and encouraged.)
(Also first time writing for the public be gentle)

This story is open to all who wish to post.
no-one-in-particular

I walked cautiously up to the ring of light cast by the fire, not yet leaving the bushes. What I saw surprised me, I looked from my post to see a single dark gray animal, this in its self not surprising. What shocked me was how she looked, floppy black ears of a dog and long charcoal gray tail of a cat conflicted, telling me it was a half-breed.

"how can she exist?" I heard Slivers voice from beside me. I looked again and saw indeed that the half-breed was female. "There seems to be only win so we would win if it comes to a fight. ...lets just go to the other side and sit on the other side of the fire from her." I said this making sure Sliver was listening. he nodded hesitantly and we slowly began to move.

"W-who a-are you what do you w-want" She asked as she stood with the grace of a cat and speed of dog. "Just looking for warmth on a cold winter's night is all." I said noting her quivering form. "don't worry we're nice we've just had a spell of bad luck is all" Sliver said then continued with "My names Sliver and he's Filch. Whats your name?" She seemed to calm down some what as Sliver spoke. I mentally smiled at the thought remembering how he could befriend any one when he wasn't trying to be threatening.

"M-my names A-Alora" She stuttered out. Sliver grinned and elbowed me in the side expecting me to do the same. I slowly smiled, then hesitantly sat down on a fallen log motioning for Sliver to do the same. "I'll take first watch get some sleep bro." He smiled sleepily and nodded laying down warily by the fire. I looked over to see Alora staring at me and smiled as she quickly looked away.

There was silence for an hour or so until I herd a small voice ask "You don't mind that I'm a half-breed? Your not to disgusted to be near me? Or are y-you planning to heart me? I stood silently thought this over then said softly "just because your different dose not mean you should be exiled or harmed." She sat up slowly and looked at me in disbelief. I was taken back at her tears and even farther taken back at her solid gray eyes.

"Are you blind?" I asked trying to change the topic. "y-yes why?" she replied. "Do you have a pack? A group that helps you? A family of sorts?" i asked not answering her. "n-no why" I'll Have to discus all this with Sliver but I am willing to extend an invitation to join our pack to you, granted you pass a testing period of coarse." She again just stared and again began to cry.

(needed to get this out there)
no-one-in-particular

I fidgeted nervously wondering what this really meant for Sliver and me. I looked down at the cause of all this, her lithe form gently rising and falling with her breath. I watched as her floppy ears twitched under the influence of her dreams. Her long tail swaying back and forth. Her ears and tail, ears of a dog and tail of a cat mark her as a half-breed, a disgusting thing to the whole of society apparently, and yet I have some how fallen head over heels for her me, a raccoon.

I gently nudged Sliver awake and told him it was his watch. I settled against a tree for sleep when my eyes were drawn slowly to the charcoal gray half-breed across the fire from me. "hoho see something that interests you do you?" I herd Sliver ask a smirk on his face. I was silent for awhile before saying "Maybe maybe not depends on how she feels".

(speaking of feelings do you guys feel that I should finish this?)
no-one-in-particular

well since there seems to be no interest I'm going to take this down tomorrow.