Housepets.. Persona Edition.

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Souji

Housepets.. Persona Edition.

Post by Souji »

This is more of a mindless drabble than anything else, what is now my very first fanfiction. I don't own anything of Rick's, or anything of ATLUS's Persona Franchise. I am just using their characters in a non-profit way to fix my boredom. The only thing I own is this story's main character <3. Anyway... let's begin.

Part One...

It was a crisp fall day, barely above fifty degrees, with the sun shining in the cloudless sky. Every tree bore colorful leaves that blew in the autumn wind, sometimes breaking them off and lofting them about the air. These kinds of conditions would have enticed playful behavior from any kind of dog: It was in their nature to get excited about these kinds of things.

Mabye that was what made me so.. unique.

I looked out at the scenery from the backseat of my Dad's car, expressing indifference and turning back to my book which is something any other "normal" dog would never have done. I was about halfway through this book before I grew bored of it and tossed it aside, opting to stare at the back of the passenger seat in front of me. It was so boring in this car. I hated car rides, especially ones that lasted as long as this one was. If only I knew where we were going, then mabye, just MABYE... I would show some kind of enthusiasm. My Dad had told me that we were going somewhere new, somewhere where we would be better off living at instead of our old neighborhood. They didn't treat pets very nicely there..

Turning around to look out the backseat window yielded no suprise at all: all I could have seen out this window for the last 2 (or was it 4) hours was a large moving van, which presumably held all of my Dad's possessions. My possessions all fit into a little picnic box, which consisted of a few choice books, a couple of dog toys, and a drawing pad. Looking at the van made me feel sort of miserable and scared, because I had lived in that little house all of my life, since I was a puppy. I hadn't made many friends in our old neighborhood, and I looked much different than any other pets there. I wasn't as tall as the other pets, and I was always off-putting people by being the most learned out of the group. My fur was short, silver, and I had gray eyes and large ears tipped with black. I also had to wear glasses specially designed for pets. You wouldn't believe the names the other pets would call me, and right know, I don't feel like getting into it.

In addition to feeling adverse to the move, I also felt a little glad about it. This meant that I could start anew, meet new pets, meet new people and hopefully make a name for myself. I want to help others, it's just that no one ever accepts me and confides in me. Hopefully, with this move, that'll all change... they'll see...

With these thoughts in mind, a smile played across my lips as my eyes slowly lidded shut and I drifted off to sleep..

________________________________________________________________________________

"W...e...up"

"Wha... what?"

"Flare, you must wake up.."

"Who... who is that?" I hadn't ever heard a voice this... creepy. Ever.

"Why don't you open your eyes and see?"

I did just that and literally jumped back a few feet. Standing in front of me in this (how the heck did I wind up here? This feels so familiar and... real) large room was an old dog in a lush, red chair in front of a glass table. He wore a monocle and was missing a large hunk of his left ear; other than that he seemed to be a normal dog, but...

"Who are you.. and how did I get here?"

The old dog chuckled. "Flare, my boy, you are fast asleep, on your way to your new home.. and ultimately, your destiny. You see, Flare, you desire to change the lives of others. Yet, in the past, this desire has not been able to come to fruition due to faults that are your own, and those that aren't. You see, this desire is still burning inside of you, and I have decided to help ease it's pain." With a wave of his hand, several shiny balls of light appeared on the table in front of him. He drifted one of them up into his paw and stared at it for a few moments. "Determination will get you far in the task life has set forth for you. I don't know if you yet possess the... diligence to undertake something like this."

I still didn't have any idea what was going on. "So wait... are you reading my future or something?"

The old dog smiled a large, wicked smile, his crooked fangs poking unevenly from under his lips. "My boy, I have no such ability as that. You know very well as well as I that the future cannot be predicted. Im just seeing it... necessary to prepare you for anything."

"What do you mean, "prepare" me?", I asked. I didn't understand this at all...

"Flare, didn't you say you wanted to help others?"

"Yes, bu-"

"Then hush, and let an old dog do his work. I am going to let you select one of these glowing orbs in front of me. Out of these five orbs, the one you pick will determine how you will handle your hardships as well as your shining moments. Choose carefully..."

I looked at the orbs and facefaulted. They all looked the exact same to me, each one glowing orange and sparkling. I stared at them for a few minutes, trying to notice any minute details that could set one from the others. Getting annoyed and impatient, I took the one in the middle.

The old dog smiled at me. "Good Choice."

I huffed. "As if I had one. They all looked the same!"

A bewildered look came over the old dog's features. "But they weren't! Surely you must have realized that!"

I paused for a second. "No...."

He looked as though Christmas had just come early. "Oohhh, then that will make this even more interesting.."

I rolled my eyes. "Ok, crazy man, can I please get back to my Dad now? I get this strange feeling that someone is trying to wake me up and is being very unsuccessf-"

Reality slammed back into motion so fast that I was left in the back seat of the car dazed and confused for a couple of seconds. After regaining my composure, I looked at Dad who had been trying to wake me up.. He stared at me with a expression of concern.

"Flare... what kind of a dream were you having? You kept muttering something about helping others and then you called me a "crazy man". Is everything ok?"

"Yeah Dad... it's ok." You Liar. Everything WAS Ok, until..

"Well Flare, I was trying to wake you up to tell you... we're almost to our new house!"

I looked out of the window and saw a large sign. It took me a couple of seconds to actually comprehend the words:

BABYLON GARDENS 6 Miles.
Shiro

Re: Housepets.. Persona Edition.

Post by Shiro »

Aha! (point's dramatically) Now your story can be on the unanswered posts list no longer!!

Anywho, yeah, P4 was an awsome game. Definitely one of the more compelling reasons to keep the old PS2 lying around. Also, I like your fanfic idea, since it gives full license to explore the canon cast at a deep level. I'd certainly be happy if you chose to continue the fic.
[Insert clever quote and/or saying here]
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

You know, this guy posted four times in October, once at the start of November, and hasn't been seen since.
I'll go out on a limb here and say it's not going to be continued by him.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
The Game

Post by The Game »

can you spell AWESEOME!!!!!!
Dude this rox!!!

EDIT: Oops i meant say
Last edited by The Game on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

The Game wrote:can you spell AWESEOME!!!!!!
Dude this rox!!!
......wait a second........
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Shiro

Post by Shiro »

Ebly wrote:You know, this guy posted four times in October, once at the start of November, and hasn't been seen since.
I'll go out on a limb here and say it's not going to be continued by him.
Curses, foiled again!

I still hold out hope that he's lurking about, if that's the right term.
[Insert clever quote and/or saying here]