Burning Desire: The Power Within

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

JeffCvt

Re: JeffCvt's stories

Post by JeffCvt »

justacritic wrote:I think it might be an Inuit symbol for the northern pole star.
Well, sorry to say that is also wrong.
However, that is getting on the right track.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
sean21

Post by sean21 »

hum... i'm stumped, can we get a hint or would that give it away, does it have anything to do with Rick's comic???
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

It is not related to Rick's Comic.
However, I will tell you that you were both right about it being a star (Yea, really good hint there) and that justacritic was on the right track.

But, I have had the challenge up for less than 12 hours and two guesses at this point. Once more time passes I will give better hints about it.

This is for a spoiler (or something else if you don't want that I guess), so I'm not going to let it be too easy.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
sean21

Post by sean21 »

i love spoilers so i'm determend to figer it out, plus i enjoy solving puzzles, the harder the better
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Well, you go figer it out, and in the meantime I will start working on the next part.
I hope that you have fun at least. (note: I don't care if you use google)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

keeps being interesting.
Hope we'll see revenge on Prowler soon!
sean21

Post by sean21 »

oh hey i just now realized something, i thought justacritic was talking about the north south east and west on a map star, but he meant just the star that points you to north so i'm going to go with the map one.
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

sean21 wrote:oh hey i just now realized something, i thought justacritic was talking about the north south east and west on a map star, but he meant just the star that points you to north so i'm going to go with the map one.
You're talking about the compass rose right? Well I'm going with the symbol of the sun lol
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

The star does not have to do with the compass or the sun.
I guess that I can tell you that it is a star. (Like, up in the sky at night)

And remember, you must tell me what culture and what it stands for.

for example: the star is the symbol of bravery in ancient Egypt.
(Note: I made that up off of the top of my head as an example. I have no idea what the star would mean in Egypt.)

And to be fair, that star has a few different meanings depending on where it was from. You must guess the correct one.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well, I would go with the natal star, but I doubt you went religious with it. Eh, no idea... at least for now.

I liked the story, but one thing. In the comic, Spo actually mentions the cliche about Mice and cheese being wrong when Fido feeds him oats as a meal....
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

copper wrote:Well, I would go with the natal star, but I doubt you went religious with it
I did not go religious with it. So, sorry Copper, you are wrong.
copper wrote:I liked the story, but one thing. In the comic, Spo actually mentions the cliche about Mice and cheese being wrong when Fido feeds him oats as a meal....
Well, he says that he does not like cheese. But the alt. text says that his mother made about any cheese related dish there was. So, based on that, I assumed that all mice might not like it, but most do.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Ok, time for another hint, and one that might help this time.

The culture that the symbol came from existed in 1492, the same year that Christopher Columbus discovered America, and still exists today.

And one last time, just so everyone knows, if you do not want a spoiler for guessing what the shape on Prowler's new collar stands for, I will do something else for you if you like. I know not everyone would want a spoiler.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Is it a.... ninja star?

yeah! Joey and his handy collar kit! Wonder what Spo and his friends will find out....
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
sean21

Post by sean21 »

Roarin wrote:Is it a.... ninja star?
i've already asked that
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

whoops, didnt see that. But it does look like a ninja star tho :D . Hmm... i haveta think of another guess...
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
sean21

Post by sean21 »

the hint is that its an actual star
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

JeffCvt wrote:The culture that the symbol came from existed in 1492, the same year that Christopher Columbus discovered America, and still exists today.
Don't forget that hint.

This is something that is not general knowledge, if you want to get the spoiler (or something else if you don't like spoilers) you will probably need to look it up on the internet. I had to.

Edit: You must also guess before the next part comes out. If no one does, then no one gets the spoiler.
(Also, you get to ask me what spoiler you want is, you can find out anything you want.)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Ok, because I may get the next part up within the next day or so, I'm going to give the final hint to what the tag on Prowler's collar means.

It is a Native American symbol, and that is the most you will get out of me.

I will tell you all right now, you will probably need to look it up online.
Also, you must tell me what the star stands for and what it's name is. BOTH pieces or your answer will not count.
(You must give me the name now because I gave you the culture)

EX: It is the Noon star, and it represents the unhappiness of man.
If you just say it is the Noon star, your answer will not count.
If you just say it stands for the unhappiness of man, your answer will not count.
You need both parts.
(note: I made that example up)

As soon as I put the next part up, no more guesses are allowed. If no one has the right answer by then, no one will get the spoiler (and remember, you get to ask me what you want to know for the spoiler. It can be about anything you want in my story) or whatever else that you may want if you don't want a spoiler.

You may guess as many times as you like, but only one guess at a time. You must wait untill I tell you that you are right of wrong before you guess again.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
sean21

Post by sean21 »

^_^ oh sorry i gave up on the challenge, google kept leading me back in circles T_T its not the first time google has let me down -_- it was fun trying though ^_^
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

So it is the Morning star and represents, and I quote:
The Morning Star. The brightest star on the dawn's horizon. Considered an important spirit and honored as a kachina with most Pueblo Indians. Plains and the Great Basin Indians honored it as a sign of courage and purity of spirit. The Ghost Dance Religion associated it as a symbol of the coming renewal of tradition and resurrection of past heroes. Other spirits are sometimes represented as stars.
Quite an easy search... ah well.
My characters
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Well, it seems that Copper got it. It seems that he even found the same sight that I got it from.
If anyone would like to look at the sight, here it is.
http://buckagram.com/buck/symbols/
Not really a hard search like Copper said, it is the first search result under google for "Native American Symbols."

While I didn't want to make it too easy, I would never go to some sight that comes up 342ed or something in the search result, I wanted to make sure that people could find it.

So Copper wins the spoiler of his choice. Hope you guys enjoyed this. :D
It was kind of fun for me, and I will probably do more things like this in the future.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Here's the second, and final installement of my tiny fanfic.

Warning: Read with a happy frame of mind or you will be very sad by the end.

King lay on his bed, a cold blue book on his chest. On the front of the book, in swirly blue-green letters, were the words: Dealing with loss.

He stared at the ceiling. He knew reading the book would make him feel better in the long run. But he didn't want to shead another tear, he didn't want to remember her.

Read it king. Pete's voice echoed through his brain. It will help with your--

Shut up! I'm sick of people feeling sorry for me! king interruped him, and pete fell silent.

For how long King lay there, in silence, he didn't know. He just lay there, eyes fixed on a patch of wall, looking but not really seeing. But the dark blue book was always on the edge of his brain, niggling and eating him, until, finally, he opened it.

Step one: Letting go

Part one: Remeber the thing you most love about her/him.

King's brain easily flashed an image of her smile. Bailey's smile. It was beautiful. The way her midnight blue fur crinkled at the top corners of her cheeks, the way her blue eyes sparkled. The way her ears lifted slightly. When king had really amused her, she laughed. It was a soft, tinkling laugh, like whind-chimes, and was the sound of happiness.

Tears rolled down his cheeks and his vision blurred. When the saddness had passed, King forced his eyes to the page again.

Part two: remember the way you found out your loss.

Again, King's mind showed what it had been showing on loop in some distant corner of his mind. It had been a sunday, a bright, sunny friday. A day where he and Fox had disided it was too warm to go outside, so stayed inside drinking orange-soda from the cans, or pouring them in glasses with ice. Bailey had been there. King had said something that made her laugh, he couldn't quite remember what, but he easily remebered her whind-chimmed laugh.

And then the storm. It fell from the heavens like a bomb, rattling the windows and smashing into the walls. Bailey's owner had come inside and called her.

"We need to put the sheeps ta bed, darlin', else they'll escape again," He said, simply, and Bailey followed him out into the pouring rain and bighting wind.

Hours passed, and King and Fox curled up on the sofa, next to the old-fashioned fire-place.

Bailey's owner came in, soaking wet, and with a look that only said one thing. Loss. He looked at King in the eyes as he said, solemly.

"I'm afraid, there's been an accident."

Fresh tears rolled down King's furry cheeks as he remembered this painful memory.

King had smashed his way outside, running over the slippy tarmac. It had finished rain, but the sky was still dark.

three: remember why you loved them

But there was so many reasons thought king, unhappily. The way she laughed, the way she spoke, the way she made him feel special, the way she hugged him, the way she stood up for him, the way she kissed him.

More tears dropped onto the book making tiny wet patches.

Part four: Remember they would want you to be happy

This brought back more memories in a tidal wave of misery. The more painful and meaningful one to king was of a cold sunday evening a few months ago. He and Bailey were sitting snugly under three blankets watching a sad movie about someone who knew they were going to die.

"King," Bailey wispered as quietly as a light summer breeze in his ear.

"Yes?" King asked.

"If I die, I want you to be happy," Bailey said, just as quiet as before, "I want you to follow your dreams, King."

"I will," King said, and kissed her lightly on her cheek.

King closed the book, and wiped away his tears.

**epilogue**

King looked at Bailey's picture, before tucking it back in the bookcase, as he did every night, as a sign of respect.

"Honey, are you coming?" Sasha called from downstairs in a sort of fake annoyance.

"Yep," He said. Ever since he had decided he liked his life as a dog better than his life as a human, he had become Sasha's girlfriend. Bino became distrout for a while, until a new dog had come into town, and had made him a better dog.

King raced downstairs. The smell of freshly-baked cookies drifted up to him.

Yes, it was a dog's life, but a good one, none the less.
Last edited by Luna werewolf on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Huh. King of Hearts still exists then. Awesome...

So how did Sasha end up living with King? I mean, if he decided to stay a dog, then he wouldn't really have that right, except under extraordinary circumstances.

A great little ending for a nice little fic. Very emotional and easy to identify with.
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

copper wrote:Huh. King of Hearts still exists then. Awesome...

So how did Sasha end up living with King? I mean, if he decided to stay a dog, then he wouldn't really have that right, except under extraordinary circumstances.

A great little ending for a nice little fic. Very emotional and easy to identify with.
Well, I think king will stay dog because his life as a human sucked like hell. Seriously, he somehow ended up being a animal rights officer and trying to capture pets with an evil fat guy. And that doesn't happen to you unless you've been down the wrong path since birth.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

This is not an April Fools prank.
I really did update. (OMG)

Enjoy

Am I really that weird?

Are all of my friends that weird?

Joey was in his room, thinking about what had happened yesterday with Prowler.

He seemed like he was listening, why would he yell at me like that?

Squeak said something to him like ‘Snap out of it Joey.’ But Joey didn’t hear it.

He had never felt so down in his life.

How could he be so mean? I helped him get a collar, I showed him around the town.

And- And he just yelled all of those things at me.

Squeak had been trying to get his mind off of whatever had just happened, but nothing she did worked. He didn’t even seem to notice her.

Why?

-----

Ralph was sitting on a bench in the park. He had been thinking about his fight with the strange dog a few days ago.

He was sure that he had figured out how that dog had blocked all of his punches. Most of the punches that Ralph had thrown were aimed at weak points on the other dog. If the other dog knew where all of his weak points were, then he already knew where to block before Ralph threw his punch.

It was so simple, and now Ralph knew how to take down that guy if he ever did anything fishy.

“You thinking about fighting me again?”

Ralph turned his head and saw the strange dog behind him, leaning on a tree.

Prowler continued. “From the looks of things, you were thinking about something pretty hard. I’m willing to bet money that you were thinking about me. Am I right?”

Ralph ignored what Prowler said while he noticed the tag on Prowler’s new collar.

“Looks like you got a new collar. The morning star, an interesting tag.”

Prowler’s face got a serious look on it. “Enough small talk. I came to talk to you about what happened a few days ago.”

Ralph stood up and faced Prowler. “And just what do you have to say?”

While somehow keeping a serious look on his face, Prowler smiled. “You want to get right to the point. I like that.” His smile went away. “I’ve never seen such poor excuses for police dogs in my life. I don’t know how you three survived the training you had to go through. If you went through any at all.”

Ralph clenched his fists together. He was becoming angrier by the moment. “Are you trying to get me to throw a punch at you or something?”

A sly looking smile came across Prowler’s face. “Maybe.” He said.

Ralph did something that anyone other than his close friends never saw. Something that he rarely did, no matter what the situation was. Some people even thought that he couldn’t do this.

He smiled at Prowler. Not a friendly smile, but a smile that said ‘You better start running, because I’m about to tear you apart.’

“You think you’re so tough?” Ralph asked. “You want to have another go around?”

The smile disappeared as fast as it had appeared, and was replaced by a stone cold expression of someone who was after blood. “I assure you that the outcome will be different this time.”

“Oooo… Someone is acting like such a tough guy.” Prowler said sarcastically. “Maybe we should go to that training spot. See if you can back up your tough words.”

“Lets.” Ralph said.

-----

“I still can’t believe that you’re here!” Sasha said to Kyria.

They were both in Kyria’s room, catching up on their lost years.

“Yea, I can’t either. Who would have thought that mom and dad would move here? And that I would get to see you again? It’s like a miracle.”

Sasha ran to Kyria, who was sitting on her bed, and gave her a death grip tight hug as she said “Yea, and now we get to be bestis friends again!”

With the little breath that she had left, Kyria managed to say “Uh, about that…”

Sasha let Kyria go and a worried look appeared on her face. “What? You don’t want to be friends anymore?”

“Oh! No no no no! That’s not it!” Kyria said quickly.

The worried look on Sasha’s face disappeared.

Kyria continued. “It’s just that over the few days I have been here, I noticed that cat-dog relationships are frowned upon. Aren’t you worried about what everyone else will think about your best friend being a cat?”

Sasha smiled as she sat down next to Kyria. “Silly, that’s only if a cat and dog are dating. There are cats and dogs who are friends.”

“Really?” Kyria asked.

“Yup.” Sasha said. “There’s even this one dog, Peanut I think, and his bestis friend is a cat. Some dogs don’t like it too much, but mostly everyone is fine with them being friends.”

“Oh. But then why do so many pets hate the idea of a relationship?” Kyria asked with a puzzled look on her face.

Sasha thought for a minute and then said “I don’t know. Maybe they think it’s weird or something to be in love with someone outside of your species. I don’t really get it. Love is love, it doesn’t matter who you’re in love with.”

“So you’re ok with us being friends, right?” Kyria asked nervously.

“Of course!!” Sasha said as she gave Kyria another bear hug. “Don’t be silly!”

When she finally got a breath, Kyria said “Thank you Sasha. It means a lot to me that you still want to be friends, even if I already knew you would say yes.”

When Kyria was done talking, she looked at the clock on the wall.

“Oh no! I got to go!”

“Huh? Where?” Sasha asked.

They were both walking out of Kyria’s room.

“I need to go meet someone. It’s important.” Kyria said as they went down the stairs.

“You had to go talk to someone when we were talking the day you came here. Who is it?” Sasha asked as they were heading out of the front door.

“I, uhhh… I can’t tell you. I’m sorry. Let’s talk again soon, ok?” Kyria said.

Sasha seemed disappointed as she said “Ok, I guess I have somewhere that I need to go too. Bye.”

“Bye!” Kyria yelled as she ran down the street.

Sasha is the same as she always was. I’m glad. I wonder what she will think when she finds out what I’m doing.

-----

“Joey, snap out of it!” Squeak yelled.

Nothing.

Joey was still sitting on his bed, just staring at the wall.

Whatever happened to him, it hurt him deep inside. I’ve never seen him like this.

Heck, I’ve never even seen him sad.

“Joey, say something. Please.”

Still nothing.

Whoever did this to him sure knows how to hurt someone on the inside. But who would do something like this to such a nice guy like Joey?

-----

“Are you ready for this?” Ralph asked Prowler as they walked into the clearing.

“I’m the one who should ask you that.” Prowler said. “You have no idea what you’re in for.”

Ralph chuckled to himself. “I don’t think you know what you’re in for. That punch you hit me with last time was only a lucky shot. It won’t happen again.”

Prowler walked to other side of the clearing as he said “I’m sure that it won’t. You seem like the kind who learns from past mistakes.” Now Prowler chuckled to himself. “Not that it will help you now.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure.” Ralph said as he went to his spot. Then he assumed a fighting stance. “I’ll even let you have the first move.”

“You’re going to regret that.” Prowler said right before he charged at Ralph.

-----

“Sabrina, you haven’t been acting like yourself lately. What’s going on?”

Sabrina was sitting on a couch in their house, and Tarot had just sat down next to her.

Normally, Tarot would just use her powers to figure out what was wrong with her friend and apprentice. However, the magical solstice prevented her from being able to do so.

Sabrina looked up at her. “Oh, I’m just thinking about Fido.” She looked down at the floor. “I heard that he twisted his ankle while he was training.”

“Are you worried about him?” Tarot asked.

Sabrina was quick to respond. “No! I mean, yes!” She sighed, and then calmly said “I don’t know.”

Tarot nodded her head. She didn’t need her psychic powers to tell what was on Sabrina’s mind.

She put her hand on Sabrina’s shoulder as she said “You’re thinking about that presence that you felt right before the solstice started, right?”

Sabrina blushed a little. “Am I that easy to read, even without magic?”

Tarot shook her head. “No, you’re not usually easy to read without my powers. That’s one of the reasons that I’m worried.”

Sabrina sighed. “I know that I shouldn’t be worried about it. But when I heard that Fido had twisted his ankle, I realized that he could be seriously hurt while doing his job. Whatever I felt before COULD hurt him, or anyone for that matter. Even if it doesn’t have magical powers, it can still do something to him.”

Sabrina was staring to get emotional. “And the fact is that I can’t do anything about it. I mean, if Fido was to go and look for whatever I sensed and he got hurt, I don’t know what I would do. I mean…. What if………”

Tarot hugged her before she could say anymore. “Don’t worry. Nothing is going to happen to him. Even if he got hurt while he was on duty, Ralph and Kevin are always with him. He is in good hands and you know that.”

Tarot let go of Sabrina.

“Thank you Tarot. I know that I have nothing to worry about. I-I don’t know what got into me. Thanks for reminding me.”

“That’s ok.” Tarot said. “It’s always hard when something happens to a loved one.” She smiled at her friend. “Sometimes we just need a little support to remind us that they will be ok.”

Although I’ve never seen you like that before. It’s not like you to get like that.

You know that he has the support of all of the police dogs. Why would you even worry about him now, because of his ankle he can’t even leave his house.

Something here is strange; I hope that it is just the solstice. And that it is over soon.

-----

Jiff!

Stealer was running through the park, trying to catch the black dog that he had just seen out of the corner of his eye.

Stop walking for a second, will you?

He was running through a large crowd of pets that had gathered because of the weather that had been getting warmer.

“Sorry! Excuse me! I need to get through! Pardon!”

He couldn’t risk losing sight of Jiff. He bumped into a bunch of dogs, stepped on some tails, and ran through a game of catch or two.

I have to see him. I HAVE TOO!

He kept running and bumping his way through the park until he caught up with the dog.

“Jiff! I’m glad that I-”

The dog turned around. “Hi, I’m Daisy.”

This- this isn’t Jiff. Just another black dog.

“Uh- Sorry. You looked like another dog that I knew from across the park.”

“… Hi. I’m Daisy.” She kept smiling the way that she always does.

Stealer nervously backed away as he said “Right. Ummm… sorry again. Bye.”

Well, she was kind of strange. He sighed out loud. But she wasn’t Jiff. I can’t stop thinking about him and what he said. What did he mean when he said that things were going to change if he didn’t catch his student soon?

Stealer sat on one of the benches. And just who is his student? Did he or she come here to Babylon Gardens yet? There are so many pets that they could blend right in with no trouble.

Jiff may have told me not to follow him, but if he is here, I just know that I have to find him. I feel like I can help him in some way.

He looked up at the sky. If I only knew where he was. Maybe he found his student before he got here. That would explain why he isn’t anywhere to be found. Or, maybe he just hasn’t gotten here yet.

Stealer sighed out loud. Oh well, I guess nothing bad is happening for now. I just hope that it stays that way. This is a nice town, and I would hate to see anything happen to it.

-----

“W- Who are you?”

Ralph had just witnessed what Prowler could do when he was serious.

Prowler looked down at Ralph, who was on the ground, with a glare that could scare a stone statue.

“I’m someone that you should be afraid of.”

Ralph was not really hurt, but he was stunned by the display of raw power that he had just seen.

“Ho- How can someone have so much power put in their moves?”

Prowler turned his head away and said “Listen, I could sit here and answer your questions all day, but I’m going to get to the point that I wanted to make.”

He looked back at Ralph, but his glare was gone. It had been replaced with a face that said you better be listening to what he was about to say.

“Stay out of my way, I came to this town to do something and you don’t want to get involved. You will regret it if you do. I’m going to leave here now, don’t ask any questions about anything.”

Prowler turned and started to walk back toward the town.

“But-” Ralph started to say.

“Listen!” Prowler yelled as he turned around.

Prowler walked right up to Ralph and looked him straight in the eyes. Just like he did with Max and Bino.

“I once tried to kill another dog. You don’t want to get in my way. While I showed you what I can really do, I didn’t hurt you at all. Don’t make me change that.”

He once tried to kill another dog? Just who is he? And who is it that he couldn’t kill? There’s no way any living being could survive a
fight with this guy.

“I think that you get the point based on the look on your face.” Prowler backed away and broke eye contact. “Now I don’t want you messing in my business. Believe it or not, I haven’t shown you my full strength, and I will the next time we fight.”

Prowler walked away, and this time Ralph just laid quietly on the ground, thinking about everything that he had just seen and heard.

END

I give Silentprincess828 credit for reviewing my story for mistakes.

Done.
Now I get to work on the next part.
See you all again in 2 weeks...(I hope to have it sooner than that, but who knows)
Last edited by JeffCvt on Sun May 20, 2012 9:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

You need to check the formatting, right now it's been a bit difficult to follow because of that.
Second, congrtatulations: Prowler is a TOTAL jerk.
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

I just want to know what's prowler objective? (besides kill his teacher)
it looks like is a lost case with him so far.
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

legendario13 wrote:I just want to know what's prowler objective? (besides kill his teacher)
Can't tell you. You will all find out in time what Prowler is doing.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

looks like you're portraying him as mucho jerko just to make sure he does unexpected epic hero action
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Nice update! Prowler needs some counseling.

Do not stare into the void of his pupils. They will haunt you forever.... :shock:

Hmm, so now we know. I wonder is Stealer will play a part in this all.
My characters
sean21

Post by sean21 »

i agree with everyone, nice update, i feel Prowler is about to make his move, i can't wait for the next one, also i noticed a few misspelled words

Is was so simple, and know Ralph knew how to take down that guy. I don’t think you meant to add the K.

Maybe they think it’s weird or something to be in love with someone outside of you species. you forgot the R on this one.
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Thanks for pointing those out. They are now fixed.
sean21 wrote:i feel Prowler is about to make his move
You'll just have to wait and see...
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

So guess what, it's not been two weeks yet and I have an update!! :shock:

So, I hope you all like it.

Enjoy

“I rush here yesterday, and you never even showed up! You’re the one who suggested the time in the first place.”

“Sorry, I had to finish some business with that police dog, Ralph I think his name was.”

“Business you started in the first place.”

“What makes you think that I started it?”

“Because those police dogs would never start something like that in the first place. Speaking of which, I heard that Joey didn’t come out of his room at all yesterday. Did you have something to do with that?”

“Maybe.”

“How could you!? Joey is the nicest dog in the neighborhood.”

“Not to mention that you fell in love with his brother Bino.”

“Don’t change the subject.”

“Alright. If you want to know, Joey asked if he could show me around town yesterday. I let him, but pretty soon he was talking about his friends and how they always end up fighting about everything. He must have thought that I cared or something. It was getting annoying, so I decided to get him to stop. I said ‘Why won’t you stop talking!? I’ve had all that I can take! If you don’t like all of your weird friends then go make some new ones or something. If you can that is. You role-playing weirdo, jeeze.’ Then I walked away before he recovered from his shock.”

“That- that’s horrible! How can you do something like that?”

“It was easy. I looked right at him and said it.”

“I- I’m going. I can’t keep talking to you. I thought you were nice.”

“Well you thought wrong.”

-----

“What happened last night?”

Bino woke up in his living room. It was an absolute mess.

The coffee table was knocked over, the couch had been slid across to the wrong side of the room, there was a lamp with its shade missing laying on the ground, the curtains had been pulled from the windows, empty cans of soda where everywhere, and after looking around, Bino saw Max lying in a corner with the missing lampshade covering his face.

“What happened?” Bino asked himself again. He tried to remember, but that caused him to realize that he had a massive headache.

“Ow Ow Ow! My head is killing me.”

I think I remember what happened though. Max was still depressed over what had happened when we both met Prowler, and I’ve been depressed over, well, everything that has gone on this week.

We decided that a soda or two might help us relax a little bit.

Uhhhh…” Max moaned from across the room.

Bino looked around at all of the empty cans again. It looks like we had more than just a few. We must have kept going until we passed out. Bino looked at the carnage again. And judging by the destruction and my headache, we got pretty crazy before that happened.

Despite all of that, my problems still exist. I still have a crush on a cat, I still invited her to the GODC, and I can’t do anything to stop her from coming or Prowler will skin me alive.

“AHHH!” Bino yelled. Why did that dog have to come and ruin my life!

Keep it down.” Bino heard Max mumble. “Some of us had too much soda last night. Jeez, my head is killing me.” Max was still lying in the corner with the lampshade still covering his face. “I think I’ll just stay right here for awhile."

Bino continued thinking. How can I ever go out in public again? I invited a cat to my dog only club. I can’t stop her, but if anyone finds out, I’ll be kicked out of the very club that I started. My life here is doomed.

Maybe I could just run away. Get away from everything and everyone. Leave my collar here, go find a nice shelter somewhere, get adopted by a new family and live in a new town, new pets to make friends with, no Prowler or Kyria anymore. It’s perfect.

Except, I would have to leave all of my friends behind. Fox, Rex… Sasha? Well, she is- …was my girlfriend, so I think she counts.

It’s not a long list, but they are my friends. I can’t just leave them, can I?

Not to mention running away would be harder than it sounds. There would probably be a picture of me at all of the shelters, and Fido would probably pull every string he could to make sure that I was found and brought back. What should I do?

Just then, Bino heard Jeff walking down the stairs toward the living room.

First thing first, I need to come up with a reason for dad not to kill us when he sees what happened in here Bino thought.

-----

“Come on Stealer, you have to come.”

Fox and Stealer were sitting in Fox’s kitchen, eating breakfast. Fox had been trying to convince Stealer to go to the next GODC meeting, with little success.

“I’m not trying to be rude Fox, but I just don’t want to go.”

It might seem like a good idea for Stealer to go because he could ask around and see of anyone has seen or heard about Jiff, but Jiff had said that his student had ears everywhere. Asking around would be a very bad idea, especially if his student was in the area. Stealer knew that looking for Jiff was something that he had to do alone.

Fox took another bite from his bowl of cereal, then said “Come on. Just come to one meeting, that’s all that I am asking. Almost all of the dogs go.”

That was another one of Stealer’s fears about going. If Jiff’s student was in the area, he could also go to the meeting. And if they met, would he be able to read his eyes just like Jiff could? Stealer wasn’t sure, Jiff never said he could, but he never said he couldn’t either.

Stealer took a bite out of the breakfast bar he was eating and then said “I just don’t want to go Fox.” I need to make some kind of reason not to go. “I mean, I’m still getting over Sandy dumping me. “

“That’s why you should come.” Fox said before Stealer could continue. “I’m not trying to hook you up with someone; I’m just trying to help you make some new friends. If you don’t go to at least one meeting, everyone is going to think you’re strange.”

Stealer had never considered that. I guess he’s right. I don’t want to raise suspicion on me because I won’t go a meeting. And it couldn't hurt to make a few friends while I’m here anyway. I don’t want everyone to think I’m unfriendly or something.

“Well…” Stealer had a thoughtful look on his face. “I guess you’re right. It wouldn’t hurt to make some friends, so I’ll go to the next meeting. But I’m going to hold off on joining until I see what it’s like for myself.”

“That’s all I’m asking.” Fox said. He got up and put his bowl in the sink. “I’m sure you’ll want to join anyway. Almost every dog does.”

Stealer finished his breakfast bar, and then said “We’ll see.”

-----

“What do you mean you don’t have anything?” Fido asked.

“No one’s heard of him before.” Spo said. “I even sent out for mice from all of the local towns, and still nothing. No one knows.”

Fido couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Right up until five seconds ago, he never thought that it was possible for the mice not to have information on someone. They always knew something. But if Spo couldn’t find anything, there was nothing to be found. This could only mean one thing.

“He is trying to hide something. And he has been doing it for a long time. Long enough to become experienced enough to prevent even the mice from learning anything.” Fido said.

“I can’t say for sure, but only someone with a lot of skill could do that.” Spo said.

Fido got out of his bed. He had been stuck there for a few days while his ankle got better. It was now, and he was actually scheduled to go back to work tomorrow.

“Where are you going?” Spo asked.

“I’m going to the police station. Now that I can walk again, I’m going to search for him in the computer. There has to something on him somewhere.” Fido said as he walked toward the door.

“Wait!” Spo yelled. Fido stopped before he went out the door.

“I’m telling you, it won’t do any good. There’s nothing on him. I looked as hard as I could, if there was anything, I would have found it.” Spo said. “You’ll be wasting your time.”

“You’re wrong Spo.” Fido said, “There is nothing local on him. The farthest that your connections can get info is about one-hundred miles on the best of best days. And from that far away, the info is iffy at best. At the police station, I can search across the country. And I know that the information I get will be accurate.”

-----

Fido walked into the gym at the police station. Someone said that Ralph was here, but Fido was not expecting what he saw.

Ralph was sparring with three guys at the same time.

“COME ON!” Ralph yelled. “DON’T STOP! ATTACK ME AGAIN! AND DON’T GIVE ME ANY MERCY!” The three guys all ran at him at the same time, punching and kicking as fast as they could.

Ralph blocked everything with an intensity that Fido had never seen. Every time an opening occurred, Ralph would throw a punch or kick at one of the guys. He was pushing himself harder than Fido had ever seen.

Fido was getting ready to step in and stop the match before someone got hurt, but one of the trainers beat him to it.

“Ralph, that’s enough. You’ve been pushing yourself too hard. Go take a break before you pass out.”

“Fine.” Ralph said with a low voice that almost sounded like a growl. He was not happy about being forced to take a break.

As he was walking to a bench, he saw Fido standing at the door. Ralph decided to go talk to him for a little bit.

Ralph walked up and with a friendly tone said “Hey Fido, looks like your ankle is better.”

“Are- you ok Ralph?” Fido asked with hesitation in his voice.

“I’m just fine. What makes you ask?”

“Well… It’s not like you to act so casual.” Fido looked at the three men that Ralph had been sparring with. They were all gasping for
breath, leaning on whatever was near them. They had probably been training with Ralph all morning. “Especially after doing that.” Fido said motioning to the men. “I came here to check something on the computer, but I think we should have a talk in private. Now.”

They both walked into the locker room so they could have a little privacy while talking.

Before Fido could say anything, Ralph said “Don’t bother looking up that dog. You won’t find anything on him.”

Fido was almost in shock. He thought that Ralph might have already looked up Prowler, but there was still nothing? How could that be?

“There has to be something.” Fido said. “Are you sure that you checked everywhere?”

“I checked everywhere and then some. There was nothing.”

Alright, so there’s no information on Prowler, but we came in here to talk about what happened out there.

Almost like he could read Fido’s mind, Ralph said “I had another encounter with him yesterday. That’s why I’m pushing myself really hard right now.”

Fido sat down on a bench. “What could he possibly do to make you want to train like that? It’s not like he could beat our squad if we need to go after him for something. We’ve seen the way he uses our power against us, so we can easily adjust.”

Ralph looked down at the ground. “No, you can’t beat him. During our encounter yesterday, I saw what he was capable of doing. He could take those three men I was training with as a warm-up.”

Ralph looked back up at Fido. “He even told me that he once tried to kill another dog. I know he wasn’t lying, I could see it in his eyes.” He looked Fido right in the eyes. “I could see it, he tried to kill another dog, and he is going to try and finish the job one day. No matter the cost.”

Ralph broke eye contact. Fido couldn’t believe what Ralph was saying. Not only was he saying that this dog was unbeatable, but he was training so he could try and be able to fight him if he ever needed to. “Ralph, surely you know that fighting three people at once is insane. And if you’re saying what I think you’re saying, you’re going to fight more and more until you no longer stand any kind of chance at all. Why would you do that?”

“Because- Because I’ve always been good at being a cop.”

Fido was surprised and confused by that answer, but Ralph explained before Fido had a chance to ask.

“I’ve always been good at this job. Everything has always come naturally to me, from being a squad leader to the martial arts that I need to know. That’s not saying I didn’t try my best at all times, I did. But I finally found something that I can’t handle.” Ralph clenched his paws into fists. His voice started to show traces of anger. “If that dog Prowler was to try and do anything, or hurt someone, I wouldn’t be able to do anything about it.” His voice now clearly showed his frustration and anger. “I just can’t live with that. I… I JUST CAN’T!!” He yelled as he punched one of the lockers.

Fido only stared at Ralph. He had never seen him like this before. It was scary to see Ralph, a dog who was always in control of his emotions when it came to his job, lose it. Even if it was only for a second.

Ralph looked back at Fido. “I have to try. I can’t stand by knowing that I can’t do anything. I need to do my best to be ready, even if it is impossible.”

I need to go visit Sabrina and Tarot, Ralph is going to train himself useless otherwise. Fido thought.

END

And there it is. Things are getting exciting.
Last edited by JeffCvt on Sun May 20, 2012 9:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Hmm.... So Kyria was the shadowy ally of Prowler, and now they have split. Nice. Things should get interesting when she tells the others.

Hmm, seems Prowler's strength isn't in fighting itself, but bringing out the negative emotions in his opponents.... Perhaps that is his key to winning half the time. :roll:

Beware the strong antagonist, they can easily become overpowered. :lol:
My characters
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

copper wrote:Hmm.... So Kyria was the shadowy ally of Prowler
Hasen't Prowlers shadowey ally been obvious the entire time?

Like in this part
“I need to go meet someone. It’s important.” Kyria said as they went down the stairs.

“You had to go talk to someone when we were talking the day you came here. Who is it?” Sasha asked as they were heading out of the
front door.

“I, uhhh… I can’t tell you. I’m sorry. Let’s talk again soon, ok?” Kyria said.

Sasha seemed disappointed as she said “Ok, I guess I have somewhere that I need to go too. Bye.”
And also in other parts that I'm too lazy to quote right now.

copper wrote:and now they have split.
And who said they split?
“I- I’m going. I can’t keep talking to you. I thought you were nice.”
I intended to mean the conversation was over, not that they had split.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

looks like Prowler has become the Most Wanted in the city, and Ralph found a Nemesis, oh yeah, here it comes...

Doomsday in three..two..
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Guess what?
I got another update!! :D
But it's only a small one... :(
But it does come with a shocking twist :D

Warning: The information you are about to learn in this update may blow your mind once you read it.
Proceed with caution.

Enjoy

“I- I- I just never thought he would be s- so mean!”

“It’s alright Kyria, you had no way of knowing.”

Sasha was sitting on Kyria’s bed with her. Kyria had called earlier and asked Sasha to come over. She had sounded upset over the phone, but by the time Sasha had got there, Kyria had started crying her eyes out.

That was 30 minutes ago, and Kyria was still crying. “I- I- was only trying to do something n- nice.” She managed to say through her sobs.

“That’s alright. I know that you were.” Sasha said in a comforting voice as she gave Kyria a hug. “He was wrong, not you.”

Kyria finally seemed to calm down a little bit. Her crying had stopped, although she still let out an occasional sob or two. “I- I’m sorry Sasha. This is probably the last thing you expected to do today. I just needed someone to talk to. And- and-”

Sasha cut her off. “It’s ok. I will always help you if you need it. Whether you need some advice or a shoulder to cry on, I will always be more than happy to help you out. Besides, you would do the same for me.”

*Sniff* “Thank you Sasha. I think that I’ll be fine now. I don’t know what you were getting ready to do today, but thanks for coming. It means a lot to me that I can count on you.”

Sasha gave her another hug as she said “You’re welcome.” Sasha let go of Kyria and said “Are you sure that you’ll be fine now, because I have somewhere I would like to go. I’ll stay if you need me to, it’s not that important.”

Kyria smiled. “No, I’m fine now. Go ahead.”

“Alright.” Sasha said as she stood up. “I’ll stop by later today. See you then.”

Once she was on the street, Sasha thought Now I can finally go do something I should have done a while ago.

-----

“Prowler, I’m tired of everything that you have been doing. I’m tired of the secret meetings, of you picking fights with the police dogs, and of you just being an overall jerk. This needs to stop. It doesn’t even seem like you care about helping Bino become a better dog.”

“Well” Prowler said. “It seems you’ve finally caught on Sasha.”

“I’ve caught on?” Sasha asked with confusion in her voice.

“Yes.” Prowler said. “I never intended to help you, Bino, or anyone. I only played along so you would let me stay in this doghouse that you have and bring me some food. I actually enjoyed watching Max and Bino break down right in front of me as I threatened them.”

Sasha was shocked. “But you said you were going to help Bino become a better dog!”

“HAHAHAHA! Do you think that I care about anyone? All I have done most of my life is wander from town to town, causing havoc wherever I go. And I love doing it; you were simply a mere tool to me.”

Now Sasha was speechless. “I- I was a tool?”

“Yes you were.” Prowler said with an evil smile on his face. “But don’t worry, I’ve decided to leave town immediately. I’ve caused enough ruckus as it is, if I make anymore, it could draw the attention of someone that I don’t want to show up.”

Sasha simply stood in the doorway, unable to move. Prowler grabbed the collar that he had gotten from Joey and squeezed by Sasha, leaving her there to process everything that she had just learned.

END

Last edited by JeffCvt on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Ooh so Sasha was helping him as well. That's something. At least she was being nice about it all. Just her nature.

Well, seems Prowler has hit Babylon gardens, and is about to move on. Let's see what happens when Jiff shows up. :)
My characters
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

copper wrote:Well, seems Prowler has hit Babylon gardens, and is about to move on. Let's see what happens when Jiff shows up. :)
I think you are all going to like that part.
I've had that planned out from the first part after King's story.

copper wrote:Ooh so Sasha was helping him as well. That's something. At least she was being nice about it all. Just her nature.
And I wouldn't have the "as well" part in there.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I would! And yay, my leading question got an answer! Jiff WILL be coming and doing things. :D
My characters