New World [PG-13]

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Wanderer

Re: New World [PG-13]

Post by Wanderer »

I don't really like putting ratings in front of names but this will serve as a reminder that this is PG-13.
It will become quite dark at times, so do not be offended.

-End of part I-
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well, that's not good. Fido just couldn't handle Bino dying and Ralph was the cause of it. Yikes, this is getting very post apocalyptic! :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

To make this easier to read, I will include more spaces in between lines.
---------------------------------------------------------

King: Yes! It’s wearing away. It’s working!

King had fashioned the nearby materials in the room into a makeshift saw. By moving the saw with his feet, he began cutting the handcuffs. It was a tiresome process, but successful nonetheless. After an indefinite period of incarceration, his days in the hospital were almost over.
Now that his hands were free, all he had to do was open the door.

muffins and cookies.

King: (There has to be a way out of here! I can’t give up now! I just got my hands free. Think, King, think!)

It was now or never. In the still of the night, the doctors and the nurse were idle. He had to leave before they come back tomorrow.
He checked the door knob again. There was no locking mechanism. The hinges of the door were missing, allowing the entire weight of the door to rest on the floor. Surely the door would collapse if enough force was exerted. King threw himself at the door to try to push down the door. No luck, the door wouldn’t budge. No matter how hard he tried, the door wouldn’t fall down.

King: If I can just get it to fall
… fall down… That’s it!

He tied a string around the door knob and yanked it. The door was free to fall inside the room. With a boisterous thud, the mighty door fell.
King: (I really hope no one heard that.)

The exit was barricaded. He maneuvered around the heavy objects with ease. The blockade cleared as he reached the main hallway. There was only one flickering light that illuminated the entire corridor. After a few seconds of flickering, the last light finally died out. The turquoise walls faded into a dark gray slate. King was surrounded by complete silence. The sound of his footsteps amplified and echoed, making it seem as if someone was following behind him. When he was not moving, he could hear muted shrieks and cries below him.

King: ...I’m going to die.

There was always something creepy about long hallways. It was much worse knowing that the long hallway was inside a defunct hospital with insane doctors that want to kill you.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Oh good, he is free! I wonder what the doctor will do now.... very obsessive, he is. :?

Very well written actually. I enjoyed the build up here.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?