Housepets/Yugioh idea

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Penwrite

Housepets/Yugioh idea

Post by Penwrite »

Hey gang, Naylorfan here. Still working on my other Housepets! fanfic, but that things gonna be big and take a while to finish all up. So to provide lighter fare while that's going on, I'm planning another fanfic as well, where the Housepets! cast goes to a Yugioh tournament. I'd like to hear suggestions on what kinds of decks and strategies different characters seem like they would use, if anyone has any suggestions.

[Note: I'm really not sure if a post like this belongs here, in the main Housepets area, or isn't even allowed at all. So if it isn't, or is in the wrong area, please excuse me.]
Aquablast

Re: Housepets/Yugioh idea

Post by Aquablast »

I am sure Grape would use something direct and straight to the point, like a beatdown deck with high ATK and pierces through defense. Maybe with Giant Tornade to deliver an OTK, but most people put that card in their deck anyway.

While Max might use a burn + stall deck, those are irritating and annoying!

Sasha would probably put whatever she likes in her deck, without caring whether it is effective or not. >_>

Bino would probably have a lot of cards that destroy monsters, like 3 Lightning Vortex, Mirror Force, Torrential Tribute, Dark Hole, Trap Hole, Sakuretsu Armor, AND Widespread Ruin... Perhaps more.

Sabrina probably would use a deck that somewhat make her opponent lose without subtracting LP. Perhaps a deck destruction + stall deck. Messenger of Peace and other cards that prevent attack comes into mind. (Although a Gravekeeper deck also look good for some reason, I blame the eye of Ra.)

Tiger might also enjoy destroying monsters with monsters? I don't know, he is kind of violent too.

Rex would probably use something WITHOUT relying on brutal strength. I feel he would be anti-cliche....

DeathAxe would probably use whatever cool or powerful card he found (and maybe some beast-warrior), without much strategy or synergy in mind. Probably full of cool looking sample cards from the show?

The rest would probably use a deck with a theme of some sort.

Marvin might use a Crystal Beast deck? I don't know, I just feel like it.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Aquablast wrote:I am sure Grape would use something direct and straight to the point, like a beatdown deck with high ATK and pierces through defense. Maybe with Giant Tornade to deliver an OTK, but most people put that card in their deck anyway.

While Max might use a burn + stall deck, those are irritating and annoying!

Sasha would probably put whatever she likes in her deck, without caring whether it is effective or not. >_>

Bino would probably have a lot of cards that destroy monsters, like 3 Lightning Vortex, Mirror Force, Torrential Tribute, Dark Hole, Trap Hole, Sakuretsu Armor, AND Widespread Ruin... Perhaps more.

Sabrina probably would use a deck that somewhat make her opponent lose without subtracting LP. Perhaps a deck destruction + stall deck. Messenger of Peace and other cards that prevent attack comes into mind. (Although a Gravekeeper deck also look good for some reason, I blame the eye of Ra.)

Tiger might also enjoy destroying monsters with monsters? I don't know, he is kind of violent too.

Rex would probably use something WITHOUT relying on brutal strength. I feel he would be anti-cliche....

DeathAxe would probably use whatever cool or powerful card he found (and maybe some beast-warrior), without much strategy or synergy in mind. Probably full of cool looking sample cards from the show?

The rest would probably use a deck with a theme of some sort.

Marvin might use a Crystal Beast deck? I don't know, I just feel like it.
Thanks for the ideas! Yeah, that does sound like the kind of deck Grape would use, definitely. Same with Sasha, although I can imagine her using Fairy Injection Lily for some reason...

For Peanut, I imagine an Elemental Heroes deck, think that sounds about right?
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Yup, sounds good to me!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

...wow...

This is like 2 of my most favorite things int he world come together! I can't wait to read this! :D :D :D
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

44R0NM10 wrote:...wow...

This is like 2 of my most favorite things int he world come together! I can't wait to read this! :D :D :D
Thanks! :D While you're here, any thoughts on cards for them to use?
chronocrosser

Post by chronocrosser »

I think
Peanut: would use a Heroes themed Deck one that incorporates both Elemental Hero and Destiny Heroes. If the deck has Elemental Hero’s in it Wroughtweiler is a must.
I felt it fitted his comic-making hobby.

Tarot: would use either a Psychic a Spellcasters or a Arcana Force themed deck. Something that takes advantage of their special effects and uses a lot of spell cards.

Fox: I don’t know why maybe the dog tag’s but I think machine deck.

Zach Arbelt: would probably use a forest themed deck. One with a lot of beast monsters.
Works with his connection to the woodland animals

King: a deck without Winged Beast’s. I can picture king with a Horus Lockdown deck Something that focuses on preventing his opponent from using Monster Effects, Spell Cards, and Trap Cards. Maybe with a dragon theme.
King would never want anything bird related in his deck. And after all the trouble magic gave him I would think he would enjoy playing some kind of mage bashing deck. As for the dragon theme tribute to Spirit Dragon the one who helped free him of Pete.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

chronocrosser wrote:I think
Peanut: would use a Heroes themed Deck one that incorporates both Elemental Hero and Destiny Heroes. If the deck has Elemental Hero’s in it Wroughtweiler is a must.
I felt it fitted his comic-making hobby.

Tarot: would use either a Psychic a Spellcasters or a Arcana Force themed deck. Something that takes advantage of their special effects and uses a lot of spell cards.

Fox: I don’t know why maybe the dog tag’s but I think machine deck.

Zach Arbelt: would probably use a forest themed deck. One with a lot of beast monsters.
Works with his connection to the woodland animals

King: a deck without Winged Beast’s. I can picture king with a Horus Lockdown deck Something that focuses on preventing his opponent from using Monster Effects, Spell Cards, and Trap Cards. Maybe with a dragon theme.
King would never want anything bird related in his deck. And after all the trouble magic gave him I would think he would enjoy playing some kind of mage bashing deck. As for the dragon theme tribute to Spirit Dragon the one who helped free him of Pete.
Wow, that all sounds great! :) I think tonight or tomorrow I'll start working out deck sheets for the characters, post them here for people to see and give suggestions on.
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

Is this story going to be like Yu-G-Oh! Sonic Gen? Not saying your ripping it off or anything. I actually like this idea and I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's done. I was just wondering if that's where your were getting this idea from. If you don't know, I'm talking about a fanfiction on deviantart that basically takes noticable conflicts from the Sonic the Hedgehog games (Sonic vs Shadow, Knuckles vs Rouge, Shadow vs Mephelis etc) Only instead of fighting it has them playing Duel Monsters. Is your story going to be something like that?
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

JageshemashFTW wrote:Is this story going to be like Yu-G-Oh! Sonic Gen? Not saying your ripping it off or anything. I actually like this idea and I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's done. I was just wondering if that's where your were getting this idea from. If you don't know, I'm talking about a fanfiction on deviantart that basically takes noticable conflicts from the Sonic the Hedgehog games (Sonic vs Shadow, Knuckles vs Rouge, Shadow vs Mephelis etc) Only instead of fighting it has them playing Duel Monsters. Is your story going to be something like that?
No, I've never even read that fic. Actually, the first fic I read where the characters played Yugioh was an Ed, Edd, & Eddy fic. :P
chronocrosser

Post by chronocrosser »

Are their going to be double battles. Because I would really like to see some team ups.
Like Grape and Max, Peanut and Tarrot, and King with anyone.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

By the way, if you need someone to play Yugioh with, like to simulate the duels, I am your man!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I am just overjoyed with the excitement people are showing for this fic. To answer some questions, the story will pretty much be just the Milton Ferrets holding a tournament for their amusement. Tarot masquerades as hologram equipment, alowing for duels like those in the anime. And as for tag duels...eh, maybe in a sequel fic. And to Aquablast, thanks for the offer, but my brother is already available to help me with the duels. ^_^ Though I'd love to duel ya sometime anywat, just for fun! :D
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

Please don't tell me this is a deadfic. I really wanted to see this.
:(
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602