A Cat Named Princess

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Maximus Rex

A Cat Named Princess

Post by Maximus Rex »

So My first shot at anything "Housepets!" related in fanfiction. Yeah it's kind of weird XD but critiques and Comments would be much appreciated.

Anyways, with that said, please enjoy =3

~~

Princess felt like a lioness out on the savanna stalking her helpless prey. Well if the Savanna was a big city sidewalk and her prey was a lowly street mouse. The metaphoric gazelle in this situation wandered aimlessly in every which direction, looking clueless and lost. Such an easy target, he must've been a pet that got separated from the rest of his group. The kitten slowly advanced to the target with eyes set to kill.

Memories of the last time she screwed up a hunt this easy plagued her mind. The Crew would not let her live it down, what with taunting and teasing. Worst of all she disappointed Milo. Determination to prove herself, as well as her empty stomach, drove her to an adrenaline high.

She was going to get this kill, she was going to get this mouse.

With a mighty thrust forward she pounced onto her prey, a smile of satisfaction forming on her face. A very toothy, frightening, smile.

“Hey, hey lemme go cat!” He snapped up at her. “Lemme go our you're gonna pay, I have friends. Lots of friends.”

“Oh really now? Rodent-like friends? A lot of your kind just floating around ready to help you?” Her toothy grin grew wider, the prospect of finding a feast's worth of mice was indeed enticing. She had scored the jackpot with this one.

“No.” The mouse replied with a smile of his own. Princess tilted her head a little confused.

“Dog-like friends.” said a gruff voice.

The kitten turned around to see a big hulking rottweiler staring down at her. Around him were three other rather large dogs she was too scared to identify.

“Y-you're friends with a mouse?” she said.

“We owe him a favor or two,” the rottweiler snickered, “but I think I recognize you from somewhere, you're one of Milo's Crew ain't ya?”

Hoping to stay out of some trouble, she shook her head no.

“Wait I know you, he never brings you with the rest of the crew but he can't shut up about his new little pet kitten.” The rottweiler turned to the mouse and grinned. “Hey, Charlie. You get a freebie today, this one's my treat.”

Not too enthusiastic about that idea, she booked it down the nearest alley. Bounding footsteps and snarling growls not too far behind. Her mind raced trying to find a way to ditch her pursuers, something she could at least throw at them to get them off her back. Unfortunately she couldn't afford to stop, they were too close for her to try anything.

She was out of options, almost.

“Milo!” She screamed at the top of her lungs. “Anybody! Help!”

“He ain't anywhere near here, this is our turf.” said the rottweiler with a snort, not missing a beat in his run. “I'll tear ya to shreds before he can do anything about it, teach him a lesson about sending a kitten to screw with us on our turf.”

Her lungs felt like they were going to explode. She couldn't run anymore, she couldn't scream anymore.

“Oi Barktooth, chew on this.”

A metal trash can lid flew down from above like a death metal Frisbee and struck the rottweiler in the face. Dazed and confused, the rottweiler tried to find the direction from which the lid came. Only to find the rest of the trashcan come barreling after him. With a yelp he ducked out of the way, right into a brick wall. All while the rest of his posse was knocked over by the trash can.

“Milo!” Princess cheered as he crawled out of the trashcan and ran towards her.

“Come on kid, I know a place we can lose them.” The tawny alley cat held out his hand to her and helped her up. He dusted her off and clambered up to a fire escape.

“The rooftops?” Princess asked confused. Sure dogs weren't the best climbers but it didn't take a mountaineer to use a ladder.

“Just get your tail up here.”

Before she could say anything else she heard the leader of those dogs, the one called Barktooth, snarl obscenities in her direction. The speed she scaled the ladder probably broke records as Milo continued up stairs. She dared not look back, their snarls and growls were already close behind her again.

“Remind me how this was supposed to 'lose them.'” Princess shouted up to Milo.

Milo didn't answer, he just kept running. Something told her he didn't really have a plan. Though she didn't have much room to complain. Milo stopped midway through the fire escape and shouted down at her something. Unfortunately she couldn't hear it very well over the dogs barking at her.

In a desperate attempt to escape she used a burst of energy to try and get ahead of the dogs. By the time she reached Milo her legs felt like they were going to fall off. He picked her up, put her on his back, and climbed to the edge.

“Milo don't even think about jumping!” Princess snapped, squeezing him tight.

“Hey, you're a kitten, there's still nine lives to spare right?” said Milo with a chuckle.

“You are about to get us both killed and you're laughing?”

Milo ignored her again and watched the dogs get a little bit closer. He took a deep breath, counted to three, and leaped off the edge of the fire escape. Princess squeezed tight and closed her eyes, bracing for impact.

An impact that fortunately never came.

She opened her eyes and looked around, they were suspended in mid air. Milo was hanging onto clothesline that connected the two buildings between the alley way, he dropped a whole story to catch it. With paced breathes he made his way to the other building and jumped off when he reached the closest windowsill.

“One of these days alley trash! One of these days!” Barktooth yelled down at them from the opposite building. The dogs barked all sorts of obscenities at them for a moment, when the window behind them opened.

“Shaddup you lousy mutts!” An elderly woman poked her head out the window and began swatting the dogs with a broom. In a flurry of terrified yelps, the dogs hauled it back down the fire escape.

Princess let out a laugh of relief and leaned back against the window.

“Gotta admit, you know where the fun is at.” said Milo with a chuckle as he playfully punched her shoulder. “What were you doing all the way over here anyway? Nobody knew where you were at.”

“I was hunting.” She replied sheepishly. “I wanted to make up for last time I couldn't catch a mouse.”

“Did you catch any?”

Princess looked down for a moment. “No...”

“Ah tough luck, but hey that was a pretty intense chase there. The guys will never believe this.”

“You're not mad or disappointed or anything?” Princess looked over at over him.

“You'd think I'd get disappointed about not catching a mouse?” Milo tilted his head.

“Well last time-”

“Last time was just a bad day in general for me, it wasn't you at all that day.” Milo patted her shoulder. “I might be crazy but I'm fair. Besides that's the most fun I've had in days.”

“Oh.” Princess looked up at him for a moment. “Uh, thanks Milo, that was really brave back there.”

“The jumping thing? That edges more on stupid, but you are welcome.” Milo laughed. Princes laughed with him and looked back at the ground.

“Milo, can I ask you a question?”

“Shoot.”

“Why do you talk about me when you see the dogs?”

Milo was silent for a moment. “Ever lose something in life? Something really important to you, so important that when you did lose it, it kept you up at night for the longest time?”

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“Did you ever find something to help you remember what it was like to have that again?” Said Milo. She gave him a slow nod. “Well you're one of those to me.”

Princess looked a little shocked. “I am?”

“Yup, I used to have a little sister, you remind me a lot of her.” Milo gave her a pat on the head.

“Used to?”

“She...died when we were younger.” Milo frowned, an expression that was so rare for her to see on his face. “She wasn't much older than you at the time.”

Not sure what else to say, Princess gave him a quick hug. “Sorry Milo, I didn't mean to make you upset.”

“Nah it's nothin, like I said, you remind me of what it was like to have her around again.” His Cheshire grin returned to his face. Princess smiled with him, only to have another question come to mind.

“Milo, mind if I ask something else?”

“No not at all.”

“How are we going to get down from here?”

Milo was once again silent for a moment. “I'll think of something.”
It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.
~ Mark Twain

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.

~ Benjamin Franklin

BsM: Sebastian Hattenbach-S4 P6 E8 C3 I10 A6 L5
KizerZin

Re: A Cat Named Princess

Post by KizerZin »

ahhh... but a Cats got to eat... FRESH MEAT! HA HA Haaaa!

so many new storys today... and me without me blame-cannon...
exranio

Post by exranio »

Sudden influx of original characters.
I don't really mind them ,but I only use an OC as the main character if its an all OC cast.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Maximus Rex

Post by Maximus Rex »

exranio wrote:Sudden influx of original characters.
I don't really mind them ,but I only use an OC as the main character if its an all OC cast.
Yeah I usually try not to use so many OCs for fanfiction stuff XP but the nature and speculation behind the story kinda called for it.
It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.
~ Mark Twain

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.

~ Benjamin Franklin

BsM: Sebastian Hattenbach-S4 P6 E8 C3 I10 A6 L5
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

OOh, nice! Very Sweet.

It is wonderful to see someone exploring Grape's past! I can't wait to see where you take it.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

One of the most original Grapenut fan fics ever. It's brillient. :D :D
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,