Housepets! Fanfic: Getting to Know Yourself

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

EvanAierkan

Re: Housepets! Fanfic: Getting to Know Yourself

Post by EvanAierkan »

I sure like seeing Bino's evil plans to backfire. Since both Grape and Peanut helped those two to get on their date I was excepting them to spy on their date, making some hilarious comments about it. Looks like a lot of drama incoming too.

Now things are starting to get interesting, can't wait to see the next update.
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

why can't Evil plots ever work out like they are made? well... it half worked, Fox hates Dag now too!
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Great update. I likes it.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Karl

Post by Karl »

This occurence at the restaurant causes a lot of questions. And that's a good thing because now we will wonder what will those characters do at this situation. Well done :) Now I wonder what will you come up with and what Dag, Lola, Fox and Bino will do.

I'm reading your fic from some time. And in your style I can see what type of person you are. From what I see, you're friendly and you want everyone to be happy, but you're also naive and afraid to be hurt by someone. By writing, you are telling us a bit who you are. And that's interesting, I must say. Your character, Dag, also says something about you and brings the MMO players closer to reader.
Daggy wrote:I'm in a...random spot in my life. I'm an officer in my guild, and I feel like...I'm not qualified for this position, at all. I've just
been in a bluh mood the past few weeks.

Minor misconception: I've held the position for over a year now. It's just really rough right now. D:
Well... since you're an officer in your guild for a year now, I think you shouldn't worry and have doubts about your position. If you're co-leading your guild for so long, it means they believe in your possibilities and you will do your job fine. They wouldn't choose you as your officer if they wouldn't believe in you :)
Just do your job. Your guild counts on you and you should show them your valor and self-confidence to boost their morale.
I'm a bookworm!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

ooh, sounds like Fox has had a bad experience with a cat.

good fic. you were better at the romance than I could write. and I felt Dag and Lola's hearts breaking.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Yay, more readers! I hope I'll continue to be good ^.^
Karlos wrote:This occurence at the restaurant causes a lot of questions. And that's a good thing because now we will wonder what will those characters do at this situation. Well done :) Now I wonder what will you come up with and what Dag, Lola, Fox and Bino will do.

I'm reading your fic from some time. And in your style I can see what type of person you are. From what I see, you're friendly and you want everyone to be happy, but you're also naive and afraid to be hurt by someone. By writing, you are telling us a bit who you are. And that's interesting, I must say. Your character, Dag, also says something about you and brings the MMO players closer to reader.
Daggy wrote:I'm in a...random spot in my life. I'm an officer in my guild, and I feel like...I'm not qualified for this position, at all. I've just
been in a bluh mood the past few weeks.

Minor misconception: I've held the position for over a year now. It's just really rough right now. D:
Well... since you're an officer in your guild for a year now, I think you shouldn't worry and have doubts about your position. If you're co-leading your guild for so long, it means they believe in your possibilities and you will do your job fine. They wouldn't choose you as your officer if they wouldn't believe in you :)
Just do your job. Your guild counts on you and you should show them your valor and self-confidence to boost their morale.

You pretty much nailed me there, or at least parts of my personality. I was kind of shocked, but also pleased. I set out to try and infuse the characters (Or at the very least, my main character) with myself. And I'm quite pleased that it's shown through everything. Makes me think I might actually be decent at this writing thing :D I still have more to do, though, so let's see if it continues =)

P.S. Thanks for the votes of confidence. We ended up going in Monday and got a new hard mode kill on the first attempt of the night. It was amazingly clean, so I figure I'm doing something right. I think. Oh, and might have a chapter up tomorrow. Depends on how I'm feeling in the morning.
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

i think karlos is a psychologist, cause that was an amazing read down descript job there, but on topic, great story, love how these new characters are getting themselves into the neighborhood community and the characters themselves....but that last scene with fox, it reminds me of something*flashback of a scene in my own life with an ex*nevermind*fake smiles*
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
Karl

Post by Karl »

Daggy wrote:You pretty much nailed me there, or at least parts of my personality. I was kind of shocked, but also pleased. I set out to try and infuse the characters (Or at the very least, my main character) with myself. And I'm quite pleased that it's shown through everything. Makes me think I might actually be decent at this writing thing :D I still have more to do, though, so let's see if it continues =)

P.S. Thanks for the votes of confidence. We ended up going in Monday and got a new hard mode kill on the first attempt of the night. It was amazingly clean, so I figure I'm doing something right. I think. Oh, and might have a chapter up tomorrow. Depends on how I'm feeling in the morning.
Every writer has his own style of writing. You are working on it. And there are differences. When you started writing, you were scared of what people will think about your work. But recently you're more open and confident. I suggest you to go back on first page of your fan fic and read your comments and personal thoughts to see by yourself :) Also try to compare your old chapters with new ones. You will know then what progress you're making and how your style evolves.

See? You're just doing your job as you use to and everything is going fine, despite your task was harder. Keep it up :)
Helmetzid wrote:i think karlos is a psychologist,
I'm not a psychologist xD I'm just sharing my thoughts.
I'm a bookworm!
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Sorry for the super duper long wait. Long list of things happened in between, and I just couldn't bring myself to write. BUT, I did manage to finish something. I wish it were a lot bigger, because you guys deserve more; alas, I failed in my quest to have a long update.

====Chapter 10: Despair====

Outside Heathcliff’s

From behind, those in the restaurant could see Fox’s hands clench in anger. What they couldn’t see, however, were the tears flowing down his face, the silent whimpering he was making. Once he was far enough, he broke out into a run, tears flowing almost as fast as his legs as he pounded through the neighborhood, no destination in mind.

He eventually stopped, under a tree at the edge of the park. Their tree. He collapsed under it, tears continuing to flow as he cried his heart out. Pitifully, he whined out to no one in particular, “Why…why did you leave me alone, so long ago…and why did they have to remind me. Remind me of our times together…”

Unconsciously, he inched closer and closer to the trunk, crying into it, as though it was an old friend. He eventually fell asleep, still whimpering as his heart continued to cry out.

The next morning --- The Park

Fox slowly stirred from his sleep, feeling scrunched up. He started to stretch, head snapping back quickly, only to recoil as it slammed into the tree behind him. He yelped in pain as he rubbed the back of his head.

“That looked like it hurt. You okay, Fox?”

Fox jumped at the voice, but settled down when he saw who it was. “Oh, Peanut. Yeah, I’m fine, just stretched too fast. What’re you doing out so early,” he asked.

“Just taking an early morning walk, it seemed like a wonderful day. You?”

“I was…just enjoying the view. Last night was a bit…yeah,” he said, trailing off.

Peanut nodded. “Sorry I startled you. Try to enjoy the rest of your day, okay? You seem very put-off by something right now,” he said as he turned and continued walking.

“Just a little something…” Fox murmured as he stood up and started walking home.

His mind raced as he walked. “Why did I have to remember her…why did they have to remind me? It’s just not fair…” He whimpered a bit, not enjoying the act of remembering. He pushed it out of his mind, running the rest of the way to his house.

When he got home, he paused in front of the door for a bit. Cautiously, he opened it, trying to avoid attention. “I sure do hope Dad won’t be mad,” he said to himself quietly. He shut the door and turned around to find Bill standing there.

“Fox,” Bill said, bluntly.

“Uh…hi Dad. Sorry I was—“ Fox was cut off as Bill pulled him into a great hug.

“I was so worried about you, when you didn’t come home last night. I was afraid something had happened. “

“I’m sorry Dad! I didn’t mean to stay out so late. I just kind of…fell asleep under a tree,” Fox said, licking Bill’s face. “I’ll try not to do it again.”

“Good. Worrying is the worst. Now, would you like some food? I bet you’re hungry.”

Fox and Bill listened, as Fox’s stomach rumbled. “I guess that’s a yes,” Bill said, grinning.

“Yes, sir. Please,” Fox added as Bill set him down.

Fox sat down as Bill poured some food into a bowl for him. “You’re looking a bit rough there, Fox. Want a bath after?”

Fox thought it over as he ate a handful. “Maybe later; for right now, I just want to go lay down after I eat. Last night was…a lot.”

Bill nodded and sat down beside Fox. “Alright. Just let me know so I can get everything started.”

“I will, Dad. Thanks,” Fox replied, munching on food. Doubtful I’d ever tell him what really happened.

That’d just be embarrassing.

(Author's Note: Between college, friends, a new guild, and a very good friend whom I do not deserve, I've just had no motivation to write. I really wanted to though. I got some inspiration this morning, randomly, so I finished off this chapter. I also might have another something up my sleeve for a bit later this week. Kind of an interlude that has story precedence but is something from my life, recently. Will have to see how it goes.

Hope you enjoyed! More to come. Probably.)
Karl

Post by Karl »

Lack of motivation, despite of how much you want to create your work, is something that many artists encounter. It can be because of your life, relations, state of mind, environment... sometimes also because of laziness, but that's something a bit different.

I, myself, also had problems with motivation when I was writing my fanfic. Because of what was happening in my life, and because of my diseases, I couldn't do anything, despite how much I wanted to write. But I'm trying to embrance this problem and still go on.

It's not easy to face it. But if you say that your will to write your fan fic is strong, hold on it and all should be fine. Just believe in yourself and your abilities.

Also remember about one thing - life always comes first. Other things on second plan. Solve your problems and dilemnas to put those weight off your mind.

:)
I'm a bookworm!
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

:) great Ch. bud! Hope you get you schedule together
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I like short chapters. ^_^

I'd been wondering when this would update again. and as Karlos said, life comes first. we can wait.

one last thing, looks like my prediction of Fox having had a prior relationship with a cat was spot on. not surprised, it was fairly obvious.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I like short chapters. ^_^

I'd been wondering when this would update again. and as Karlos said, life comes first. we can wait.

one last thing, looks like my prediction of Fox having had a prior relationship with a cat was spot on. not surprised, it was fairly obvious.
You predicted this?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:ooh, sounds like Fox has had a bad experience with a cat.
I may not have explicitly said "relationship" but I was thinking it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

... :| ehh.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:ooh, sounds like Fox has had a bad experience with a cat.
I may not have explicitly said "relationship" but I was thinking it.
To be fair, it was kind of obvious. That whole scenario was kind of thrown in because people were saying I was too happy. :P

I suck at writing conflict.

@Karlos: Yeah, that's pretty much why I put it off. When college started up, between it and my guild at the time...I was too stressed. Had to take a step back and re-evaluate a lot. Ended up joining the top guild on the server as just a raider, rather than be an officer. I was much less stressed after that, but still couldn't find motivation until recently. Fun fun.

Will have to see if I want to post what's in my mind. I'm not sure how you all would take it.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Daggy wrote:people were saying I was too happy.
You can't let KizerZin dictate how you write your fic. He's evil. :P
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Daggy wrote:people were saying I was too happy.
You can't let KizerZin dictate how you write your fic. He's evil. :P
Was more than just him!
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

poor fox. What could have happened to him to make him feal this way?
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

YOU UPDATED!!! Let's Celebrate!!

I love the fact that this has such an upbeat feel to it. Quite the difference from most. Who says you need drama in a fic? :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Apologies for the immense hiatus I had. I got extremely caught up in college work and whatnot and never had the drive to do writing that wasn't for school.

I will be starting this back up shortly, and will try to stick to a decent sort of schedule with regards to updating. With what I've got in mind...well, let's just hope it translates to text better than other times.

We'll be having quite the adventure with our dear little Dag and his new family...It shall be glorious. Or my name isn't Daggy! x3

Until then, feel free to refresh your memory if you like. I'll have to myself.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I predict with the school year ending, there will be a flood of updating fan fics.
I look forward to reading. ^_^
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Awesome!! Yours was one I sorely missed. I hope you get to this soon!

Yes, Summer break usually means more updates to old fics.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?