Housepets: Silver the cat

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

The Moon Howler

Re: Housepets: Silver the cat

Post by The Moon Howler »

Kondog wrote:What a great update TMH! sounds like Steve is going to be a great dad to silver! And the fact they Both share the same birthday makes it even more special! - too bad Steve didn't notice it was also silver Birthday I hope Steve finds out before its too late! I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Oh -- Just out of curiosity how old is Silver :?:
3 years
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
The Moon Howler

Hello there, Lovely folks! How are you? I am rather happy today (passed a test, for which i haven't learn at all), so I am hereby presenting to you the end of the first part of Chapter Two of my very own Silver the Cat!
I also wish to remind you to call me TMH
And once again I hope you will enjoy it! I apologize for any typos I've made! And feel free to criticize!

The Moon Howler Presents:

The story of Silver the cat!
Chapter 2. The Big City!
End of Part One.

After 42 minutes.

Steve parked his car in the garage of a house on the other side of the small town. They both got out of the car and entered the house.

Boy, was Silver surprised when he saw what’s inside the house – a massive table filled with all sorts of food, edible by both humans and pets. And above the table was a large sign that said ”HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE AND SILVER!” But the most funny thing around were an old man and his pet singing the birthday song. It was funny, because they were wearing party-hats, red clown noses and singing fake (probably on purpose to be funny). As the old guys finished, Steve turned to Silver, which eyes were wet.

What? Do you honestly think that I haven’t read about your Birthday? What kind of ‘dad’ I would be if I don’t know my ‘son’s’ Birthday? Besides I was told by Kelly at least a dozen times… And since you are going to be a part of my family now, you will need this.” Steve showed a cool looking green collar. He put it on Silver’s neck. “Happy Birthday, Silver!”

Thanks, Dad! Happy Birthday to you too, though I don’t have any gift for you…” Silver felt a bit bad about that.

Steve laughed. “You don’t need to give me anything, Silver! It is enough for me that you are here, with us! And besides we have to go to choose you a tag…

“Hold it there, sonny-boy!” the old man said, “First you have to introduce us and then we will feast. And don’t worry about tags, I have one for him.”

Introduction! I almost forgot! Silver, this is Max, my grandfather and this is Zeus, his dog! Grandpa, Zeus, this is my pet – Silver!
They shacked hands.

So” Max said “Silver! I am going to give you something that naughty boy didn’t want, ‘cause it was ‘lame’. Isn’t that right, Steve?” Silver and Zeus giggled.

You are not going to give him that old medallion of yours, do you?” Steve stared at his gramps.

’That old medallion’ as you called it was a gift for you, but since you didn’t want to wear it I am sure that Silver will!” Max handed the medallion to Silver “What do you think, little guy?

It looks cool and it even has a strangely carved “S” letter on it! Awesome! I Love it!

The old man smiled warmly “I am glad you liked it! And it isn’t an ‘S’ letter that is carved in it – it is a Nordic rune, called Eiwaz… but let it be a cool looking ‘S’ if that is satisfying both of you.

Max hooked the tag on Silver’s collar and four of them began to feast and celebrate the double Birthday. The night was filled with laughter and games.

Later, while everyone else went to sleep Silver was still awake, looking at the night sky. He was happy. He finally got himself a decent family. It was March 10th – his Birthday, and although he got awesome gifts he was actually happy about one particular thing – He finally got a good and loving owner.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

hmm, sweetness...
Never enough of it :D :D :D :D
Hopper200456

Post by Hopper200456 »

GAKUWAKULAR!!!!
Awesome Update!
Silver seems pretty happy. And, man, quiet the surprise party!
Can't wait for the next part. ;)
http://hopper200456.deviantart.com/

"I already fixed it, and you are not coming back."
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Awesome Update! STEVE knew about silvers birthday and had something planned what a cool owner. and that Nordic rune Eiwaz.. Very cool and interesting - even symbolic when you consider its meaning. or am I over analyzing it ?
The Moon Howler

Kondog wrote:Awesome Update! STEVE knew about silvers birthday and had something planned what a cool owner. and that Nordic rune Eiwaz.. Very cool and interesting - even symbolic when you consider its meaning. or am I over analyzing it ?
I will leave this as a little something for all of you to guess... until it comes "life" ... so to speak
and i have also added a little reference to a great (yet crazy) book

My RP Characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Oh only a dozen things come to mind...I love to Guess! .... So many possibility's I can't put my finger on it.. So i guess i am going to have W8NC.

on a side note both Chuck Norris and Osama Bin Laden where born on march 10... [ insert Chuck Norris joke here]
as where a lot of others famous people. -- still over Analyzing.. this is going to drive me nuts :D
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

What a nice update, TMH. I loved the surprise party.

That old fool of a grandfather is awfully knowledgeable. I wonder where you'll go with that.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
The Moon Howler

copper wrote:What a nice update, TMH. I loved the surprise party.

That old fool of a grandfather is awfully knowledgeable. I wonder where you'll go with that.
Please, keep respect to the elders! Even if they are imaginary!
Also ol' Max's dad was from Europe :D
Hmm, it seems that no one saw the bold-ed numeric reference at the last update :(

My RP Characters
The Moon Howler

Hello there, people! How are you? I want to apologize for the short updates, but i am little bit out of time for everything, so this will be another short update on Silver. i believe a bigger part will be released at Tuesday. also i will from now on "sub-parts" will become "episodes
And once again I hope you will enjoy it! I apologize for any typos I've made! And feel free to criticize!

Chapter 2. The Big City!
Part Two. Episode One

They stayed at Steve’s grandfather Max for a while, so that Steve could earn some money for Airplane tickets and starting budget. He denied every time his gramps offered to help him with the money, stating that he must to earn them by himself and that he didn’t want to be even bigger burden to him, then he was now. After much arguing, they settled on that Max will take care of them, while Steve get enough money for a good head start in New York. One year has passed before he was ready with the money. When the time was right Steve and Silver were already packed and prepared for the journey. Max gave them a lift to the Airport. As they were getting off the car, Max said:

So… I guess that I have to say goodbye, huh?” the old man wasn’t happy to let his grandson go “Yep I guess I have to…” he gave Steve a hug “So sonny-boy” Max smiled “I hope you manage to settle there without problem. And remember – whenever thing get messy for you two, you can always come back to live with us!” he grinned.

So too did Steve and Silver.

Yep, let’s hope we won’t have to do it,” Steve said “but as we promised we will come to visit you!” he turned away and headed to the entrance of the Airport.

Have fun, kiddos!” Max yelled at them as they were entering. They both waved him for goodbye and so did he.

As he was driving back home, he heard a much known voice in his mind.

So, you finally managed to get rid of me, aren’t you, Maximilian?” the voice said “Though I have no idea WHY did you chose the cat instead of your grandson, I will watch over them both. At least this I can do for you, my loyal guardian!

He-he, so you finally broke the silence, aye Keeper?” Max thought “Both of them are worthy in my eyes! While my son did a lot of stupid things like this ‘perfect life’ of his, his boy have some brains to think and I am sure he can pick his choices well. And Silver is quite a trustworthy pet, this I can tell for sure!

It seems that I have to trust you, human!” the voice whispered “Very well! We must to part ways now! Take care, former Champion, Maximilian!

With these words the voice silenced and left Max’s mind.

Finally!” he thought “Finally to get some well deserved rest!” as he parked the car, he turned to the direction of the Airport “Take care, boys!

He entered his house.

----------------------------------
I will leave you to guess who is that mysterious Keeper :D

My RP Characters
Hopper200456

Post by Hopper200456 »

"The Keeper" is hmmm....Is....is.....*Sigh* nevermind I'll never guess it. :lol:
This keeper said some interesting stuff....Hmmmmm....
Nice update, TMH! Can't wait for more. :D

Karl

Post by Karl »

Sindorei wrote:He denied every time his gramps offered to help him with the money, stating that he must to earn them by himself and that he didn’t want to be even bigger burden to him, then he was now.
Boy... I know something about that xD

There's no need to hurry with the update, TMH :) If you have something important to do, take care of it first. And when you will have some free time, relax and write :)
I'm a bookworm!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

The Keeper is obviously bound to the Champion through the amulet. And now Silver is the champion, since Steve refused to accept the medallion. Now Silver must bear the supernatural responsibilities of the Champion.

Yay! Wonderful update, TMH! I can't wait for the longer Tuesday one...
My characters
The Moon Howler

Karlos wrote:There's no need to hurry with the update, TMH :) If you have something important to do, take care of it first. And when you will have some free time, relax and write :)
Actually, i only wished to finish the part with Maximilian
copper wrote:The Keeper is obviously bound to the Champion through the amulet. And now Silver is the champion, since Steve refused to accept the medallion. Now Silver must bear the supernatural responsibilities of the Champion.
Yay! Wonderful update, TMH! I can't wait for the longer Tuesday one...
Ol' Max never revealed the secret to anyone, Steve thought it is lame, but Silver think it looks cool, mainly because of the "strangely carves 'S' letter" on it. and who says that Silver have to take any responsibilities, since he doesn't even know of the Keeper, which full name will be revealed later

My RP Characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Great Update TMH! A Champion medallion, Sounds like this is going to get real epic real fast! I can't wait to see where you take this! :D I can't wait till next Tuesday.

Revius

Post by Revius »

Not bad not bad I say keep it up or Im gonna be sad that I got less to read.

... allright I gotta say it Kondog your picture scares me more then hellraiser somehow, It's just.. creepy
"I'm going to love and tolerate you so hard 20 years from now your descendants will clutch their chests and wonder why they feel so warm and fuzzy all of a sudden." -Anonymous

Bad speller's of the world UNTIE!!!
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

I have a dumb question, Dose TMH stand for something? - Just wondering.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I assumed it stood for The Moon Howler. It is in most of his posts...
My characters
The Moon Howler

Kondog wrote:I have a dumb question, Dose TMH stand for something? - Just wondering.
The Moon Howler
copper wrote:I assumed it stood for The Moon Howler. It is in most of his posts...
You assumed correct!

My RP Characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Wow I am not sure how I missed that...- Yet again I feel dumb... Sigh
The Moon Howler

Kondog wrote:Wow I am not sure how I missed that...- Yet again I feel dumb... Sigh
Nah, don't be, you just didn't think about it 8-)

My RP Characters
The Moon Howler

Hello there, people! How are you? I want to apologize, because there won't be any update on Silver's story this week. Instead, i brought you something that i only considered a 'probably-not-going-to-be-made' project, but since i have no muse for writing the story right now, i will go on with his Diary, and don't you worry, his Diary won't spoil anything, just Silver's P.o.V on what happening in his life so far.

Silver's Diary

Date: 10.03.2008

Okay, so this is my first log in my Diary. I have no actual idea how did Kelly actually managed to convince me in doing this stuff… but never mind

So she told me to write here whenever I feel that I must write something. What’s the point of this anyway? :evil: It’s stupid!
Geez, like I have anything better to write in here! :evil: What must I write? How I hate everyone? How I don’t trust them? And it’s not like anyone is going to read this anyway! :evil: :evil:

Okay, I think I wrote quite enough for today!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 12.03.2008

Okay… now that I am have calmed down, maybe I could write something in here… the thing is I don’t know what

Maybe I could write my story? Why not? But writing every day about same old boring stuff that happen around me? :?:

Nah! It was a bad idea anyway…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 14.03.2008

I GOT IT! :idea: I will write in my Diary for all the INTERESTING stuff that happened to me!

But I think it is fair to begin from the start… right? :?:

I will start it tomorrow, when I get in my mind everything that happened to me in the past.

Date: 15.03.2008

As promised:

Okay… so … I really don’t know how to begin… “Dear Diary,” is so lame… besides it’s girl stuff… :|

Okay… so let’s begin with this:

I was born half-blind. Yep, one eye blind, though it looks like normal, no one else but me and you must know that, alright? I will get pitted… and that will probably going to make me go berserk. And I DON’T want that! :evil:

Anyway, I can’t remember much of that time; it’s a bit of a blank. What I remember was when that family got there and took me. I was told that they will be taking a good care of me. At the beginning it was indeed like that – they thought me how to read and write. But that was all the good I got from them. Soon they began to ask too much from a kitten I was back there; they treated me bad for doing SIMPLE mistakes and at the end… :evil: they abandoned me … :evil: they just grabbed me, put me in a bag and threw me like a garbage in some unknown place… :evil:

from that day I promised myself I will never trust another human … until Kelly and other people from ASPCA… they … they are so nice to me, but I was the bad one, I didn’t want to realize that they are actually trying to help… even if they were patient, almost all of them gave up on me… except for Kelly.

That is all from me for today… I will continue another day.

Date: 17.03.2008

I think Kelly was actually right about this diary thing – it does make one feel better, when he writes his thoughts :? . Anyway, I will continue my story :arrow:

So, when I met Kelly, I thought she was like the rest of them humans – bad, wicked and all sorts of other similar stuff… but I was wrong… even though I still don’t trust her I do feel that she wishes to do good to me, that she tries to turn me better… but.. the pain can’t be forgotten that easily, she has to do better than that. :evil:

Date: 20.03.2008

I really enjoy spending the nights at the fireplace. I love to watch the flame’s dance. It’s kind of hypnotizing, relaxing and it also allows me to concentrate on my thoughts.

By the way, I am already allowing Kelly to touch me without hissing or scratching from my side. That made her happy, and although I still keep the ‘bad guy’ attitude I do feel better seeing her happy… :)

Date: 22.03.2008

Okay, earlier this day I managed to sneak out of the house. I spoke with an old stray that was passing by. We had a really interesting conversation. He told me a lot of thing that I need to think about… :?

Date: 24.03.2008

It was really awesome day today. Though it started like every other day in the house, that night I decided to join them for dinner for a first time since I am here. I still remember what that old stray said to me two days ago. I will try to be more polite from now on. :)

But when we began to eat I accidentally looked at the window. Imagine my surprise when I saw her. :o She stood there, watching us eat in the warm and cozy house, while she was outside, starving, freezing… :( she was sad and angry, like me not so long ago. As if it was what that old stray said, as if he was some sort of oracle. Seeing her like this stroke me in the heart. :( I knew what I had to do. I understood that old cat’s word in this very moment. I asked Kelly if she could come with us for dinner or maybe even the night.

Strange… but I actually called Kelly ‘Mom’. :? And when she talked about the house and the dinner she said ‘our’ instead of ‘mine’. :o

So I went out in the cold and invited that stray to join us for dinner and the night. At the beginning she was a little distrustful, but I easily persuaded her. I actually forgot to ask her about her name! :oops:

I never had such fun like this night. But the good part is about to come! :D

Later, as I stood in front of the fire place she came to me. Then she introduced herself – her name is Natasha. She thanked me and then snuggled me.

She asked me why have I done this. It is a bit embarrassing to even write it, but inside of me there was an enormous amount of feelings, that was unleashed. :oops: I cried. :oops: She snuggled closer to me. And when she got her answer, she said something that cheered me up, and then she kissed me. :oops: :oops:

That kiss :oops: … was unexpected nonetheless, but I didn’t mind at all. 8-) I probably looked stupid back there, because she giggled at me when I blushed. :oops:

After this we stood a few more hours talking and laughing by the fire place. I am still awake just to record what happened until now. She is sleeping about a meter away from me, and I must to go to sleep too. Good night! :D

Date: 29.03.2008

Tomorrow is our big day! Sorry for the long silence, but we had a wonderful time with Natasha! I was indeed happy that week. By the way, we already have nicknames for each other – I call her Tasha and she calls me Silvey! :D It is both cute and cool!

I am excited for tomorrow, for it will be a Big day for both of us – we will try our GOE’s. I am sure we will both pass the GOE!
To be honest I must confess another thing – I think I am in love with Natasha! :oops:

Date: 30.03.2008

Yes! We did it! We passed the GOE! :D We are finally ready to be put for adoption! I just hope that both me and Natasha will find good owners. I am pretty sure that Kelly will aid us in this too! :D I must remember to thank her for all that she did for us… :D

------------------------------------------------------------------
Just before anyone say anything about the notes - neither Silver, nor Me know how to properly write a Diary
and about emoticons - well... i do watch movies and there are like all sort of stuff that were drawn in their diaries along with the text, so since i can't actually do that ... i chose to put Emoticons :D
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

My RP Characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

what a wonderfully and unique way of displaying the Silvers feelings. I actually love the diary concept -Bravo.I think you might have touched on something that a lot of Fic's including my own neglect, The importance of a proper flashback episode\update to help remind the readers of the journey taken thus far. Or to help new readers catch up You good sir are a genius! :D

as for the update itself only two words come to mind; cuteness overload :D :D

I absolutely love the nicknames they gave each other Tasha and Silvey

TMH you really out did yourself this week excellent work, I can't wait to see what happens on your next update!
Hopper200456

Post by Hopper200456 »

Very Nice.
I didn't see very many mistakes except for "Dead Diary". :P

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Nice update TMH. It is a very interesting concept to use a diary. This update really shows the evolution of Silver's character so far.

It was a DAWW worthy update you had there. The emoticons were just fine.

If you need a muse, I'd be happy to lend you my drunken fairy. She is making me deaf with all of her yelling! :lol:
My characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

Ah, the dairy :) Good concept. I wonder will it appear again in future. It got me closer to Silver's point of view on life.
copper wrote:If you need a muse, I'd be happy to lend you my drunken fairy. She is making me deaf with all of her yelling! :lol:
I wonder what she yells ;)
I'm a bookworm!
The Moon Howler

Hopper200456 wrote:Very Nice.
I didn't see very many mistakes except for "Dead Diary". :P
Oh my God! How could i miss that? i will fix it right away! Thanks Hopper! Dead becomes Dear
Karlos wrote:Ah, the dairy :) Good concept. I wonder will it appear again in future. It got me closer to Silver's point of view on life.
copper wrote:If you need a muse, I'd be happy to lend you my drunken fairy. She is making me deaf with all of her yelling! :lol:
To be honest, i think that the fairy will probably yelling for more beer :D

But still, Diary will continue! It will be shown next time i don't have a muse for the story :)
so i will probably be ready with that update next Tuesday or even sooner, but i have to study, so no more updates this week.

My RP Characters
Netherwolf

Post by Netherwolf »

The silver-diary thing works quite well ;) I see big upcoming adventures for our friend Silver,and also for you (TMH),my frien ;) ;3
The wolf,a noble,wild and furry creature of the forest.
GOD I WAN'T ONE AS A PET
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Karlos wrote:
She is my muse, she just has a problem. She yells strange and wonderful ideas into my ear. Then she keeps on and on until I write it out somewhere. Where did you think my Wild Mass Guesses came from? :lol:

I can't wait for the next update, TMH. This is a great fanfic!
My characters
The Moon Howler

Anyone seen Valerio lately?

My RP Characters
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

He is around here somewhere. He loves it here, I think. He's a good forumite, anyway. Why do you ask?
My characters
The Moon Howler

copper wrote:He is around here somewhere. He loves it here, I think. He's a good forumite, anyway. Why do you ask?
Well, two updates in a row (and that's just me, not to mention everywhere else he usually posts) and no sign of him anywhere!

My RP Characters
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

I love the diary concept! It's great to see him change over time like that! Personally I didn't like the emotes but that's just my opinion! Also Val has been kinda MIA but he should show up eventually, probably just busy!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sindorei wrote:
copper wrote:He is around here somewhere. He loves it here, I think. He's a good forumite, anyway. Why do you ask?
Well, two updates in a row (and that's just me, not to mention everywhere else he usually posts) and no sign of him anywhere!
*raises hand* I'm here, I'm here! And yes I'd never leave this cozy and nice forum (not after all the attempts to infest it with my presence *evil laugh*).
Believe me, I loved each and every update so far, and I quote without shame when I say that I too love the diary episode. it was so SQUEEEE! :D :D
The Moon Howler

WELCOME BACK, VALERIO!
and thank you and CJ for the nice words about the Diary,
if you are anxious for the next part - i will post it Tomorrow at 8 pm GMT+2

My RP Characters
The Moon Howler

Hello there, people! How are you? I want to welcome Valerio back and welcome the new readers, i am really happy to see that my fic is getting more popular!

Chapter 2. The Big City!
Part Two. Episode Two

At the Airport

Silver, why are you staying back there?” Steve was staring at his pet “Our plane is this way!” he pointed at the terminal behind him.

I’ve already told you we’re at the wrong way, dad!” Silver pointed behind him “This Airport is big you know. And we missed our turn two hallways behind! I told you we must turn left from the Gates for the plane to Albuquerque. Go ask the guy at the Information kiosk, if you don’t believe!

Steve sighed “Okay, but you are coming with me! If you are wrong, there will be three weeks without allowance!

And if I am right?” Silver looked curiously at Steve, as they were both heading to the Information kiosk.

And if you are right, I will double your allowance for a month!” Steve sighed.

Good day, sir!” said the employee at the information kiosk “How can I be of assistance?

Steve showed him the tickets. As the employee examined them, he spoke:
Hmm there are two ways from here by which you can reach these Gates. First is to where you two are already heading…” Steve looked victoriously at Silver “… but that way is longer, you should have turned left from the Gates two hallways behind of our current location, that way was shorter, and you would have been there by now.” The employee smiled “And you should hurry! You got 30 minutes until your plane takes off. I hope I was of assistance. Have a nice flight!” the employee turned to help another person.

As they continued to walk they were silent. Silver broke the silence first.

It seems that we were both right, huh?

It seems so.” Steve sighed “It seems we must to call this a draw, right?

Yep! Hey, didn’t that guy just said we have thirty minutes?

Now that you mention it.” Steve looked at this watch “Silver, we must hurry, else we are screwed!

They both ran to the Gate. They made it in the last minute.
Good timing! I was about to close!” said the nice lady at the Gate “Now hurry up and get in the plane! And here’s something for the adorable little fellah!” she hooked an additional tag on his collar and petted him.

As they got into the plane, Steve warned Silver
Fasten your seatbelt and follow flight attendant’s instructions.

Silver didn’t have time to answer for the voice of the pilot filled the plane. He said what they usually say in planes – to fasten the seatbelts, not to smoke, to watch as the crew showed how to buckle the belts, explained about the life jackets underneath the seats and how to use them and all sorts of boring things. Both Silver and Steve were so bored about it that they barely waited for the pilot to wish them a nice flight and they fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silver woke up as the pilot warned about the landing procedures. He patted Silver on the shoulder.
Wake up, Dad, we are about to land!” Silver sounded excited.
Steve woke up.
Huh? What? Where? Silver? What happened?” Steve asked still half-asleep.

We are landing any minute now…” Silver explained.

Landing? Oh man, I was asleep, now was I?

As I was as well! I just woke up about two minutes ago.

Steve smiled.
Well then, have you slept well?” He yawned silently.

Silver stretched.
Like a kitten!

They both laughed.
So” Silver said. “Do you have some place for us to stay in New York?

Steve smirked
Yes, Silver, we do. I have arranged it already. A nice house with plenty of room for both of us. It is in a friendly, clean and well protected neighborhood. Also it is not far away from my work.

Sounds awesome, but what will you work in New York?

Steve stared at Silver for a minute.
Same as I worked back in our town – Bank manager.

Silver stood silent for a minute.
It’s not very interesting job, isn’t it?

Steve crossed his arms.
It is not that boring if that is what you want to tell me…

Silver shook his head
So, have you asked any questions about that neighborhood we going to live in? I mean will there be much pets there?

Steve glared at Silver
You haven’t read the brochure, have you?

Silver flashed him a grin in return. Steve smiled.
“That mischievous grin of yours…” Steve laughed “As I expected… Hey, it is time to get off the plane, we will talk in the cab, okay?

Fine by me!

They got off the plane, through all the security check-ins, grabbed their luggage, and when they finally caught a cab, Steve continued.

As I was saying, since you didn’t read the brochure, I will tell you that we will live in a quite friendly neighborhood, and that there are at least few dozen pets of all kinds. The brochure also says that there might be a little bit of snobbish behavior from some of the people and pets, so be prepared for everything.

Whoa, a lot of info in such a small piece of paper!” Silver spoke, amazed.

Well, it has quite pricey rents, there are policemen everywhere, it is cleaner than clean, information signs everywhere, they even have their own park and mini-golf court, plus a sport center, it is like a paradise in there!

It sounds like a paradise indeed! But speaking of paradise, I want to ask you a question, dad.

Speak your mind, Silver!

Do you keep Kelly’s phone number? I really want to talk to Natasha, to tell her the good news!

Steve laughed “You have to wait for that a little bit more, we haven’t even got there yet. And besides, we have to connect the telephone and all sorts of stuff. And don’t forget that we have a nice amount of unpacking our stuff.

They reached their new house. As they headed to the door, Silver asked.

One week and we’re done, wanna bet?” he smirked.

You’re on! Last bet in act again!” Steve grinned.

Just don’t slack! Be fair!” Silver narrowed.

I am a sportsman! I never cheat on bets and You know that! Besides we have like a ton of luggage we must to unpack and put in place. And let’s not even mention the ton of other details I must finish, but I WONT slack!” Steve sounded annoyed, narrowing.

Okay, okay! No need of shouting!” Silver grinned “I was just teasing you!

Okay, it’s getting late so let me get some groceries and make a dinner! Silver, get the cookware, it’s in the biggest carton box. Here’s a list with what you need to get out from the box. See ya in 30 minutes!

Steve went out of the house and headed to the grocery shop. Silver turned to the few boxes they brought with them, searching for the one Steve told him about. When he found it, he quickly opened it and grabbed what was on the list. He also grabbed some additional dishes and began with the setup of the table. He was done in 10 minutes. As he looked to the rest of the boxes, he thought “Nothing hurts to start things early, right?” and with this in mind he started opening the rest of the boxes and sorting them out. But that didn’t last long for when he was in the middle of solving the contents of the second box, he heard a familiar voice.

Now who’s trying to cheat, huh?” Steve was staying at the front door, staring at his pet.

Silver made a nervous grin. “Well… um … I …” seeing that Steve won’t buy the excuse, he used the ultimate weapon in his arsenal. He made the puppy eyes as he looked at his owner. “Sorry, dad. I didn’t meant to cheat!

Okay, okay, I was just joking! … And turn off the puppy eyes! You know that I can’t be mad at you when you make them! Sheesh!” he took a breath “Anyway, is everything ready? I got the steaks ri-i-ight here” he said, pointing at the few steaks in plastic. “We just have to cook them up and our dinner will be ready, so let’s begin, shall we?

Go on, master chef!” Silver replied, handing Steve his cooking hat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After 45 minutes, the dinner was ready. As Silver was sitting on the table, waiting patiently for Steve to get the steaks out of the oven, an idea got in his mind. With one of his wide grins he asked Steve.

What will it be today, chef?” his voice was all but serious.

Steve stared him for a second, before he got the joke.

Well, my furry little fellah, Steak ‘la flambé shall it be!” he answered with a smirk.

They both laughed. Then Steve served the dinner and later Silver washed the dishes. After that they quickly took care of the boxes they have taken with them earlier. Later they went to sleep in the guest room, because their rooms weren’t ready yet.

Silver was very tired. He fall asleep from the moment his head touched the pillow. But what he dreamed was indeed strange.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was on some sort of… mountain peak? And what he saw in front of him made him shiver: Two figures fighting – one was a ten meters giant as if made of ice and the other one was a enormously big human, like three meters high and he was quite buffed… they both used Viking clothing. At first Silver thought that the giant will smash the Viking, but after about 10 minutes the fight was over and the human have twisted the giant’s arm behind his back. They stood like this for a whole minute before the giant gave up.

As the Viking let go of the exhausted giant, he turned his attention to Silver. He suddenly teleported next to him, observing him, examining him from top-to-bottom. As he spoke, his voice was deep and echoing.

What are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here!

As there was no answer from the frightened Silver, he continued.

It seems that you have powers that the old Champion hasn’t seen!” he made a dramatic pause and then added with a lower tone “And so have I!

He took a breath and continued.

It seems that you have a potential far greater than I expected, mortal!” his voice lowered and softened “But it is not yet your time to be here!

He came closer to Silver, who just stood there, amazed and frightened at the same time, his eyes wide open, as he observed the massive figure in front of him. As the Viking kneeled in front of him he could see more details of his face, he had a short golden beard, long golden hair and deep gray eyes. Then the Viking spoke.

We will meet later, cat. But I have one task for you now:” he moved his head close enough to whisper in Silver’s ear “Wake up!

And then a sudden light came along with a wish to scream.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A-a-a-a! Why am I screaming? That was too awesome to be scared of!” Silver looked around. He was home, in the guestroom, in his basket, where he went to sleep last night. It was morning already and Steve was just entering the room.

Why, Good morning there, sleepy-head! I hope that nightmare wasn’t too scary. You were shivering when I woke up, and now I heard you screaming and mumbling, so I came over to see if you are okay. Anyway! Breakfast is ready, wash yourself and I will be expecting you on the table! We have a lot of work to do, you know!” with these words Steve returned to finish making the breakfast.

Silver stood up, went to the bathroom, washed himself and went to breakfast.

So, care to tell about your nightmare?” Steve asked as they were finishing the breakfast.

It was more like an epic scene, than a nightmare!” Silver replied

Oh, what kind of epic scene?” Steve asked

Silver told him about his dream in full details. Steve laughed.

Boy, Silver, I’ve told you not to listen too much of Old Max’s stories, now haven’t I? I have warned you that if you listen too much of them they’ll get in your head, right? Next time listen to me!” Steve petted Silver “Now if you excuse me, I have to go and check if the rest of the luggage is on the way, go to the telephone company and all sort of places.” Steve grabbed his jacket and went out of the house. “Take care, Silver! The bet is starting tomorrow! See ya!

Bye dad! I will clean while you are gone!” Silver waved at Steve as he was walking to the bus station.

Steve waved at him too, but he was in hurry, he had a lot of work today, much paperwork to fill and many places to visit.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve returned tired home, but Silver was prepared for him. He greeted him from the door, took him to the living room, and opened a box with still warm pizza that he bought just a few minutes before.

Now, what are you doing there, Silver? Spoiling me?” Steve asked with a smile.

What? No way! We’re about to start a bet and you think that I will ruin my chances by spoiling you?” Silver said, narrowing for a few second. After that a smile changed the narrow. “I knew that you would be probably tired, so I got pizza from the pizzeria “Toni’s”, which is about 5 minutes away from here!

Is that so?” Steve glared at Silver. In reply Silver gave him a wide grin. Steve nodded and smiled. “I see…

They finished eating the pizza quietly. After that Steve asked.

So, how much do I owe you for the pizza?” Steve raised an eyebrow.

The receipt is on the table, dad!” Silver pointed at the small piece of paper on the table.

Steve picked it up and examined it.

Discount? On your first time there? What have you done?

It seems that today there was some kind of promotion on the pizzas. And I’ve met some of our neighbors. It seems that this pizzeria is quite famous around the neighborhood. There are also few bars around here and a game corner. People are so nice around here.

Steve smiled. “Yep, I’ve met some of the neighbors this morning too and they are indeed very nice.” Steve sighed “Anyway, remember what you’ve asked me few days ago?

About the phone?” Silver asked.

The very same, give me half an hour to install the phone and then you can call her, okay?

YES!” Silver yelled, not on purpose though.

Whoa, whoa! Easy with the emotions!” Steve narrowed as he was holding his ear “I know it wasn’t on purpose so don’t apologize, just be careful, okay?

Sorry, I guess I am overexcited about this. I haven’t heard her in almost a month now, you know…

Steve petted Silver. “Don’t you worry there, lover boy! Your girl won’t run away!” Steve said, laughing.

Silver gave out a small blush, but quickly got a hold of himself and glared at Steve.

You just love to tease me like that, now don’t you, dad?

Hey! Its parent’s right to embarrass their children, right?” Steve asked with a smirk.

I guess so…” Silver rolled his eyes.

Good, now leave me alone so I can finish faster! Off you go!

When Steve finished, both of them realized that it was too late for the call, so they decided to do it tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same night, Maximilian’s house.

Good night, Zeus!

Good night, Dad!

With these words both of them went to bed. As Max was just about to dive in the ocean of dreams, a much known presence filled his head, as he heard His voice.

MAXIMILIAN! WAKE UP! WE HAVE SOMETHING TO DISCUSS!

Aw come on! Just when I though I have finally got rid of you! What do you want, Keeper?” Max was furious. That divine being always chose to wake him up just when he was tired and wanted a sleep.

Why haven’t you told me about the cat’s powers?” Keeper’s voice echoed through his head.

Will you stop that? Speak normally! And ‘that cat’ has a name – Silver! Start referring to him by his name, you windbag! And what is that about his powers? He haven’t shown any and it seems that neither of us managed to see any kind of illumination of even the smallest aura from him!” Max was really annoyed. But what the Keeper said woke up his curiosity.

It seems that he does have powers after all! Imagine my surprise when he appeared in the middle of my fight with Aurgelmir! I had to use the standard celestial policy on him!

What!?! He appeared in the middle of your fight? That is interesting. Have you sensed any aura later?

No, it was gone, same old ca… Silver.

Good, so there is no need to worry about!” Max was really mad now “NOW GET OUT OF MY HEAD AND LET ME SLEEP!

Ouch! Okay, okay! I’m leaving! But still, I will watch him closely from now on…” he was about to continue, but Max interrupted him.

OUT OF MY HEAD! NOW!

The presence and the voice of the Keeper vanished from his mind almost immediately.

Old Max smiled “It’s getting easier with the passing years to make him get out of my head! Probably because I sound more like his father or grandfather. And now, to get some well earned sleep!

After this he relaxed and fell asleep.

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

YAY For epicness!
Very cute and very mysterious, moar!
Hopper200456

Post by Hopper200456 »

Nice Update, TMH!
I see that silver is really taking things into his own hands.
Can't wait for the next update. :)

Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Great update TMH! Its nice to see Silver and Steve getting along so well together and there new place sounds exciting! -Also i would have to say Steve Must be rich! to be able to afford such a nice place anywhere near NY.
and Silver has powers of his own awesome! -
-This just keeps getting better, Keep up the great work!
Last edited by Kondog on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Moon Howler

Kondog wrote:Great update TMH! Its nice to see Silver and Steve getting along so well together and there new place sounds exciting! -Also i would have to say Steve Must be rich! to be able to afford such a nice place anywhere near NY.
and Silver has powers of his own awesome! -
-This just keeps getting better, Keep up the great work!
Rich - no, but he can afford it with the payment as a Bank manager.

My RP Characters