Peanut & Grape: To the City!

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Anthroguy101

Peanut & Grape: To the City!

Post by Anthroguy101 »

It is a day just like any other. Grape is taking a nap and Peanut is playing another game of Mario Kart Wii. Meanwhile, Mr. and Mrs. Sandwich are packing their bags. This gave Peanut a feeling of both nervousness and curiosity. He walked up to Mr. Sandwich. His chest was pounding as he asked, "You're not going to board us in the kennel again, are you, Dad?"

To which Mr. Sandwich replied, "No, Peanut, we're just going on a trip downtown."

"Why would we pack for a trip downtown? It's not that far away," responded Peanut.

"You see," said Mr. Sandwich, "you'll see."

Peanut then went over to Grape's room. "GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!"

Grape: What is it that you want now?
Peanut: Dad is taking us downtown, and we're packing our bags. Why do we need to pack our bags to go downtown?
Grape: It's probably one of those "staycation" things
Peanut: What's that?
Grape: A staycation is where somebody goes to a hotel downtown so that they can do stuff where they live.
Peanut: That's stupid
Grape: Well, it's not like I can do anything about it.

Little did Peanut know that he was not going to the nearest city. He was in fact going someplace far more interesting: San Francisco.
Barkeron

Re: Peanut & Grape: To the City!

Post by Barkeron »

This is a good start. I wonder what (mis)adventures that they are going to have?
rempar11

Post by rempar11 »

grapes never going to get another nap again or is that las veges?
when it nonsense work try try again if that cant work hit it with a frying pan
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Like the start. I'm a little uneasy with that way you written the P/G dialogue, but other than that it's an enjoyable situation. Give us MOAR!
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Mr. and Mrs. Sandwich quickly finished packing.

Mrs. Sandwich: Graaape! Peeeeanut! Time to go!

Grape woke up, outstretched her arms, and walked over to the car; eyes nearly closed. Peanut hopped into the vehicle, excited enough to go to a hotel. Mr. Sandwich started the car, chuckling at the conversation he heard from his pets. "Staycation," he thought, "Wait till I see the reaction when we get to the airport."

They parked at the nearest bus stop. Peanut sat at the bench, playing his DS and frowning a little. "I wish we could do something more than go to a hotel in our own town," Peanut thought, "but still, there is stuff to do here that we still haven't done. It's not like we're in Warren, Pennsylvania. My friend online will not stop complaining about how he hates it there. If only he had some self-esteem and could appreciate what he's got." The bus pulled up to the station. The Sandwiches got in.

Peanut: Dad, what hotel are we going to stay at?
Mr. Sandwich: The Hampton Inn
Peanut: Where's that?
Mr. Sandwich: You'll see

The Hampton Inn was on the blue line, but the bus was running on the red line. The only thing that connected all the lines was the airport.

Peanut: Dad, are we on the wrong bus?
Mr. Sandwich: No, you'll see.

The bus made its final stop at the West Terminal. Peanut and Grape gasped.

Peanut: Where are we going?
Grape: I hope it's someplace fun.
Peanut: I hope it's someplace new.
Grape: I hope it's someplace romantic, like Paris.
Mr. Sandwich: It's a surprise.
Peanut: What are we going to do when we get there?
Mr. Sandwich: Also a surprise
Last edited by Anthroguy101 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Surprises! :3

yay
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
valerio

Post by valerio »

*tch* surprises, surprises, surprises...
Y'know, if we weren't talking the Sandwiches, here, I'd feel this creeping, nagging suspect crawling inside my thoughts... :?
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

I wonder whats the surprise they are going to get.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

The sandwiches got to the airport and checked their bags in. They are flying United, which is non-stop.

Peanut: Hooray, we're going for a ride in an airplane! I've never ridden in an airplane before.
Grape: Stop being so excited. All it is is a way to get there. What I'd like to know where we're going.

Grape looks at the screen of the kiosk for a peek and sees SFO. "What does SFO mean," she thought. SFO, S-F-O, S-FO--wait a minute.

Grape: [angry] San Francisco? We're going to SAN FRANCISCO?! What's there to do in San Francisco?
Peanut: Aww, so much for the surprise.
Mr. Sandwich: Hee hee hee.
Peanut: Didn't something used to be legal there that is not and people are going crazy over it?
Grape: THAT HAD BETTER NOT BE THE REASON WE ARE GOING!*
Mr. Sandwich: *laughing* No, I'll tell you the real reason on the plane.

Mr. Sandwich got the tickets. There was one for him and one for his wife.

Mr. Sandwich: Here, put these tags on your collars. It'll get you through security and past the gate.

Peanut and Grape did as they were told. The sandwiches went through the checkpoint. Peanut and Grape had to go through an extra Breathalyzer exam; pets are sometimes used as a carrier for toxic substances. They went to Gate C-7 and waited for their plane to arrive. Peanut and Grape played tag in the terminal.

Mrs. Sandwich: Graa-aape! Peee-aanut! Time to board the plane!
Grape: Whoa, that's a big plane. How do you think it gets off the ground?

They were boarding on a Boeing 747-400.

Peanut: I dunno.
Grape: Dad, how do planes get off the ground?
Mr. Sandwich: Let's get on it first.
Gate employee: *Beep* Clear. *Beep* Clear. *Beep* Clear. *Beep* Clear.
Peanut: This is so exciting, isn't it Grape?
Grape:I guess. It's not like we're the only ones to be traveling on a plane.

The sandwiches got into their seats. They were seated near the front, on Economy Plus. The safety tape was playing.

Peanut: What's Economy Plus?
Mrs. Sandwich: It's like the rest of the plane, but with more legroom.

Much to the passenger's dismay, Peanut got the window seat. He would not stop asking questions like "When do we take off?" and "How fast does the plane go?" Eventually they were sailing in the skies. Peanut and Grape started watching TV, while Mr. and Mrs. Sandwich fell asleep, waiting for the journey ahead of them.

--
*The forum is rated PG-13, isn't it? I don't want to get an angry PM for this. Please don't elaborate on this subject any further, people can figure it out on their own. We can all clearly see that Grape isn't interested in politics.
valerio

Post by valerio »

oh, and i thought they were going there for the catnip! :mrgreen:
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

When the plane landed, Peanut arrived at the airport to collect their bags. Fortunately, Mr. and Mrs. Sandwich packed Peanut and Grape's bags. They went from the airport and into the shuttle.

Peanut: I'm bored.
Grape: I'm tired.

They checked into the hotel and went into their room.

Peanut: So Dad, why did you bring us here, anyhow?
Mr. Sandwich: To have fun, of course. Tonight you can go eat at a special pet restaurant while your mother and I . Tomorrow we're going to go see a couple of technology museums, then we'll go shopping downtown and at the malls.
Peanut: That's it?!
Mrs. Sandwich: --and if you two behave, we'll go to a comic convention and end with a game of lazer tag, but first we have to get dinner taken care of.

Peanut and Grape squealed in excitement.

Grape: Well, let's get started then.
Mrs. Sandwich: Well all right. Here are two BART tickets, directions, and some money. Peanut, you get to keep the cell phone. It's for emergencies only. My number is 252-555-0123. Have a nice time, and be back by 23:00!
Last edited by Anthroguy101 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Squeeee~

And ooh, I can call that number on skype x3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
valerio

Post by valerio »

comic convention!
This will be SO fun!
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

[Intermission]
Tobee wrote:Squeeee~

And ooh, I can call that number on skype x3
Yeah, please don't
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Looks like this is going to be fun for both of them. Oh I assuming that skype number is fake? Right?
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Barkeron wrote:Looks like this is going to be fun for both of them. Oh I assuming that skype number is fake? Right?
YES. I probably should have used a 555-01XX number instead of somebody in Northeast Ohio. I'll probably have to fix this for area code anyhow. It is fake and gay, do not call it!

NOTICE: I've edited Mrs. Sandwich's number. 252 is the area code for the northern coast of North Carolina. [/Intermission]
Anthroguy101

Re: En el metro

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Peanut and Grape went down to the subway. They inserted their tickets and got in the car.

Grape: Okay, so according to the map the restaurant is by Divisadero and California Street.
Peanut: What is the name of the restaurant?
Grape: Orange Fizz
Peanut: So, this is like some sort of night club?
Grape: I'm afraid so.
Peanut: Are we going to be able to get in?
Grape: It says right here in the advertisement: "Open to public."
Peanut: Do they have food?
Cat: Of course they have food.
Peanut: Who was that?
Cat: It was I, sir Maxwell of Babylon Gardens!
Grape MAX?! What are you doing here?
Maxwell: I come here every year.
Grape: How? And why?
Maxwell: I've come for the comic convention, and it's easier to sneak into checked luggage than you think. Where are you heading?
Grape: I'm heading to the Orange Fizz

This greatly ticked off Peanut. The one moment he thought he got to spend with Grape and it's ruined by Maxwell. Again.

Maxwell: Perhaps you and me could have a drink and eat some tuna.
Grape: That would be great! Can you get us there?
BART: Our next stop is California Street.
Maxwell: Sure can.

They got off the subway. Peanut started feeling sad. Sad that he might have to spend time alone. Sad that he couldn't be with his friend. Sad that he couldn't be with the one he loved so dear.
Last edited by Anthroguy101 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Aww poor Peanut!:<
valerio

Post by valerio »

Must...restrain...from clubbing...maxwell...
*sniffle* :cry:
PEANUT, DO SOMETHING!! IT'S YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

[Intermission]I've made a few edits. I changed the stop to California Street.[/Int]
notthatlol

Post by notthatlol »

It fits the character's personalities, unlike most fanfics.
MOAR!

Quack.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

They went down to the Orange Fizz. Outside, there was a Doberman. Peanut couldn't help but think of that Doberman on the police force. Unlike other facilities, this guard was supposed to keep pets in and humans out. On the window there was a sticker that read, alongside the corporate logo, "TEST MARKET - PROGRESS PENDING." Orange Fizz was built by blending modern architecture with Atomic Age design. There were OLED lights shaped like neon. The one-way glass windows could see out into the streets, but the streets couldn't look back. This often leads people to question what goes on in there. It looked like a very spiffy place.This is not uncommon in the city of San Francisco, which has the advantage of being very open to new ideas.

The founder of Orange Fizz envisioned a safe place where pets could visit and communicate in privacy. It was a restaurant, a bar and a night club. It was funded by none other than Grace Williams, which is connected to Milton Investments. Neither Grape, nor Maxwell and Peanut were aware of this at the time.

Peanut, Grape and Maxwell went up to the Doberman.

Maxwell: He looks just like that guy back home! Terrible with names.
Doberman: I get that all the time.

He lifted the rope and let them all in.

They went inside. The place was mostly dark. There were different colors of neon and blue accent lighting all around. There was a sign that said "Seat Yourself, Stupid." There was a TV and bean bags to the left (it was playing All Dogs Go to Heaven).

Grape: Maxie, should we let Peanut sit with us?
Maxwell: I don't know. I was hoping we could spend some time together.
Peanut: I'm right here, you know.
Grape: Peanut, do you want to sit with us?
Peanut: I think I'll go over to the bar for awhile. Got any money?

*Grape hands Peanut the equivalent of 20 USD in 2010*

As Peanut was moving over, Maxwell hit a button on his phone that activated the microphone on Peanut's. He was being bugged.

As Peanut went to the bar, he noticed a familiar face.

Peanut: Tarot?
Last edited by Anthroguy101 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Really? Tarot? Why is Max bugging Peanut's phone? What are you getting at? Because whatever it is, I just have to say...

I love it! Can't wait for the next installment, really!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Hmm...this is interesting. I honestly can't wait to see where this goes. I can just imagine this being more...adult than Housepets! is. Maybe it's the fact that they're in a nightclub...I dunno, anyway, great update. :)
valerio

Post by valerio »

hey, an update at last!
and an intriguing one too! Can't wait to see where this goes 8-)
Anthroguy101

It's MY fanfic.

Post by Anthroguy101 »

[Intermission]I do believe a mod edited parts of it out and thought I was being a little too descriptive with what plays on the television all day. All I said was that they played news and The Weather Channel during the daytime. I have a cafe in my town that does it as well. I wasn't aware that it violated any rules.

Either that or I have amnesia.

Also made a few edits and described the place a little bit better. I hope you understand by what I put in the spoiler I meant about it more along the lines of "What are the up to?"
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

LE GASP! IT UPDATED WUT
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

Hey, I just started reading, and on the second (Chapter?) It says that Grape stretches his arms. Grape is a girl. I have seen a couple of things like that on projects. You are meant to post them here right? Or should I just pm you?
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Peanut: Tarot, what are you doing here?
Tarot: I came here in your time of need.
Peanut: Yeah, but where did you get the tickets? How did you come here so quickly?
Tarot: I am psychic, Peanut, I saw this coming way ahead of time.
Peanut: Which airline did you fly?

Unfortunately, Tarot had not told Peanut that she can teleport herself. She used her psychic powers to predict Peanut's future, looking at a flight monitor and seeing something else.

Tarot: Air Northern.

It's an actual airline proposed by an actual furry.

A cheery Chihuahua mix named Sally walked up to Peanut and Tarot and grinned.
Sally: Hi, my name's Sally! What are you going to have?
Peanut: Uh, an Orange soda.
Sally: You're going to need a permit for that.
Peanut: Really?
Sally: They only cost 5 dollars and will last an entire month.
Tarot: I already got a couple here. I payed ahead of time.

Tarot winked at Peanut. She attached yet another tag to his collar. Sally gave them the drinks.
Sally:Okay, you two have fun now!

Peanut frowned, thinking about Grape.

Tarot: What's the matter, Peanut.
Peanut: You already know the answer to that. I really wanted to hang out with her, but Max takes away all the fun. We were like brother and sister, but it's like I don't have a sister anymore.
Tarot: You can hang out with me.

Peanut cried at the very thought. "I want to be with Grape," he thought, "I want to be with the person I've been with forever. Instead I have to hang out with a freak!"

Tarot: HEY!

Grape found herself wondering what to do. "What if they see that he's with me?" Then she looked at
Max, who who had his eyes fixed on Peanut, scratching his head.

Max: I hope he's okay.

Grape went over to Peanut.

Grape: What's wrong?
Peanut:You wouldn't understand. I was hoping we would have fun together on this trip, but then HE shows up.

Everyone started looking at Max. Peanut went into the restroom and slammed the door. Tarot took a sip.

Tarot: I warned you.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

An update!? I thought this was dead! :lol:

Nice update. I hope there's another one coming soon.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

copper wrote:An update!? I thought this was dead! :lol:

Nice update. I hope there's another one coming soon.
[Intermission]It's not even been two months since my last update. Sheesh. Well, anyway, I also fixed the part about Grape outstretching his arms.

I put a lot of myself in this installment. I've felt the same about my brother as Peanut does about Grape, though to a lesser extent. Also, Sally is based on a real dog that I actually own.
Last edited by Anthroguy101 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hopper200456

Give Us More!

Post by Hopper200456 »

Just finished reading!
I was sitting at my Computer when I saw:
"Peanut & Grape: To the City!" had been updated!
So I though: Huh, never seen that one. I should give it a shot!
Sure enough, I loved it.
My only complaint is that Max is in it. ;D
I just really hope that Grape and Peanut get together.
I like Peanut, Grape and Tarot.
BUT NO MAX. :evil:
http://hopper200456.deviantart.com/

"I already fixed it, and you are not coming back."
Netherwolf

Post by Netherwolf »

Just finished reading it and i gotta say..it's pretty awesome :D .Can't wait for the naxt part !
The wolf,a noble,wild and furry creature of the forest.
GOD I WAN'T ONE AS A PET
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Netherwolf wrote:Just finished reading it and i gotta say..it's pretty awesome :D .Can't wait for the naxt part !
Speaking of it, will there be Any update on this fic?
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters