Housepets: Matt

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Kondog

Re: Housepets: Matt

Post by Kondog »

aww. but your Right school must always come first! and if you photoshop as good as you write your guaranteed to Ace good luck- have fun, or as much fun you can...
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Glad you have your priorities straight, Karlos. I wish you luck on your project, and hope you write a masterpiece that will make your teacher give you a perfect score. If your writing on here is any indication, I think you will have no problem writing that "masterpiece". :D
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

copper wrote:Glad you have your priorities straight, Karlos. I wish you luck on your project, and hope you write a masterpiece that will make your teacher give you a perfect score. If your writing on here is any indication, I think you will have no problem writing that "masterpiece". :D
This. ^
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Take your time, man. No problem with me. You can even take a month if you want to.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Russiarules1 wrote:You can even take a month if you want to.
xo

I'm not sure would people survive that :mrgreen: And I hope I won't have to ever do that.
I'm a bookworm!
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

I'm not sure would people survive that :mrgreen: And I hope I won't have to ever do that.
^ True Faxs :)
Karl

Post by Karl »

21. Trickster

Anger. Sorrow. Regret. Frustration. Grief. All those emotions were mixing in Bino’s head as he was wandering around the neighborhood.

He couldn’t believe in what happened. It was supposed to be his day. The day where everyone see him in good condition. The day where he proves to everyone who the top dog of the neighborhood is.

Everything was planned to the last fastened button. All was as it was supposed to be. Before Fox brought King…

King. He ruined everything. He had to interfere his important speech. He dared to oppose him. He turned all club members against him. He was dragging all their attention, like he was some interesting attraction in circus. Everyone wanted to play with him. And everyone left him. They forgot about the serious problem that he wanted to warn about. Even his best friend, Fox.

He knew that nothing good King will bring if he will come to the club. He regretted that he listened to Fox and mercifully allowed on that. He feels like a fool right now. Someone who is named “King” can’t be cool. Such name tells everything. There’s no doubt that King will slowly start to rebel all dogs against him, and he will take control over entire neighborhood in no time. So far, he lured Fox on his side.

Why from all dogs he had to choose his best friend? He couldn’t pick someone else? He really has to take everything that belongs to him?

In his mind appeared an image of the scene where King and Fox pick toys from the shelf. He snarled as he remembered Fox laughing from joy and King examining the toy. He should be there instead of King! He should be one who plays with Fox, not King!

Bino could feel how anger was cumulating in his body, ready anytime to explode. He was feeling a cold sensation inside his arms, causing them to tremble. They demanded destruction, just to take it out on something and free his rage.

There was an empty can of some drink on the sidewalk. He kicked it with his foot as strong as it was possible, sending it far, far away.

The image of Fox and King was now replaced by his older brother, Fido.

He was barely showing himself at the clubhouse. Always telling that he had duties to fulfill at his job. So it was up to Bino to do most of stuff. But yet, each time Fido showed up, he was always taking all attention. His decisions were always more important. And he was acting like he was the main boss there. Just one sign of him and everyone rush to him, like he was someone special and more important than him.

Bino regretted that he decided to show up. It would’ve been better if he just stayed home. But what’s been done can’t be undone. He has to deal with his bitter failure now.

His didn’t want to come back to his new home. Not right now. Still, there is his new owner and he was sure that if he will see his dog frustrated, he won’t miss a chance to push him more. He just wandered, hoping that sooner or later his anger will fade away. And while wandering, drift deep into thoughts.

He kept asking himself, why is this happening to him? Why, for once, he can’t have a good day, without any failures, humiliation or regret. Why when he always tries to do something, his plan backfires? Does it always has to be like that?

And when he was walking with his head hung low and his glance piercing ground… suddenly, everything became dark!

Guess who is it…” He heard someone whispering to his ear.

Bino growled and crossed his arms. There was only one person who would come with such stupid idea to cover his eyes and play this silly game.

“Maxwell…” He slowly recited the name.

No…” Bino heard the answer.

Now Bino was really surprised. He haven’t expected to get different reply. Who was it then? Who was covering his eyes?

“Uh… Rex?” Bino said unsure, raising his eyebrow.

No…” He heard again.

Bino placed his finger on his lip.

“It better not be you, Peanut!” Bino said with stronger voice, placing his clenched hands on his hips.

No…

Bino started to breath faster. The tension started to work on his mind, and blindness was not making it easier.

“I hope you’re not a PETA guy…” Bino said with fear in his tone, slouching and rubbing his arms with his hands.

You would already have a bag on your head, bound tight and lie on a cold floor inside of van…” The reply was different this time, but it gave Bino some chills.

Bino couldn’t think of anything else. It can’t be Fox because of… obvious reasons. It can’t be Sasha either because he would recognize her voice, and… she’s not too clever if it comes to games.

Who then? Who’s the mysterious person who keeps him in uncertainty?

“Oh, okay… I give up.” Bino said with resigned voice. “Who are you?”

Bino felt a warmth air that flew into his ear. The person who is behind him leaned closer.

Grandpa Frost…” Came the sinister answer. “And I will take you to South Pole and imprison you in my Ice Citadel…

Bino let out a short shout as he heard the name of Santa’s arch nemesis. He took of the hands that were covering his eyes, dashed forward, but tripped and landed flat on the sidewalk.

As Bino was rubbing his pulsing nose, he looked behind as he heard a loud laugh.

AHAHAHAH!!!” Max was laughing hard, holding his belly with one hand and pointing at Bino with other. “Oh my! If you, ahah, could just see your, haah, face!! I really got you this time!”

Max was really excited. Just seeing Bino’s big eyes, shocked expression, dirty face and puffy nose was already providing him enjoyment.

It took a couple of seconds before Bino realized what was going on. When he stopped rubbing his nose, he slowly frowned and let out a growl. Anger returned to him again, but this time, it was focused on Max and on disbelief that he could fall for his prank.

You cheated!” Bino said to Max loud, as he stood up and pointed his finger at his face. “I said your name, and you lied!

Max was trying to stop laughing, but the scene of what happened just a moment ago was still replaying in his head. When he calmed down a bit, he dried his tears and looked up at Bino.

“A, a, ah!” Max waved his finger in front of Bino’s muzzle. “You said Maxwell instead of Max, and that doesn’t count. Everyone calls me Max, so what you said was not true.”

Max’s reply only made Bino even more angry. Not only this annoying cat just put a prank on him and almost scared him to death, but he is also fooling with him. He clenched his fists and gave a cold glare at grinning Max.

But he didn’t want to deal with him now. His day is already ruined and adding Max to the list of sorrow would be way too much. Instead of saying something, he just let out a snort, turned around and walked away.

But he didn’t walked too far as Max caught up with him and was now walking at his side.

“Aww, c’mon. Don’t tell me it wasn’t fun.” Max said with a sweet voice, but fake could still be noticeable in it.

Bino knew that Max won’t give up so easily. Making fun of him won’t be enough. All he could do was to keep control over his body and pretend that Max does not exist and he’s not talking to him.

“Your face is dirty.” Max continued to mock him.

Bino’s stoned expression and deadly glare haven’t changed as he moved his hand across his face to remove dirt.

“Now that’s better. You look more happy now.” Max said, making fun of his pretending. “So, what kind of flea bite your tail that you look so upset, hmm?” He moved closer to Bino, as both of them were walking in one line. “Is it because Fido is running things in his own ways again?”

Bino gritted his teeth tighter as he heard the name of his older brother. It was like Max foreseen what happened, and now he will use this fact to pick on him. He started to walk faster, only making Max more curious.

“So it wasn’t Fido? Who then?” Max said with a smile, also increasing his speed to catch up with Bino. “Maybe it’s because of Peanut? You failed your pun on him again?”

Bino’s stomps became more audible. His breath became more short and he felt a strange sensation in his arms. Max’s words were tempting him to say something. The edges of his lips began to twitch. But he was still holding control over himself. Barely.

Bino’s body was telling Max everything. The black feline knew that he’s pushing him to the corner of the ring. Just watching him how he tries to not explode was making him feel excited. And since Bino haven’t said anything while he mentioned Fido and Peanut, he knew exactly what kind of punch line to deliver.

“Oh. I see…” Max leaned his head closer to Bino, narrowing his eyes and smiling mischievously. “I bet Fox preferred to have fun with King instead with you. Buggy little fella, isn’t he? Always sticking his nose where he shouldn’t.”

That was it. Bino couldn’t take it anymore. His head became bright red as the memories of Fox playing with King at the clubhouse returned to him. He clenched his trembling fists and turned rapidly to face Max.

Leave me alone Max!!” He yelled at Max loudly, relieving on him his frustration. “Why do you keep bugging me! You don’t have anyone else to tease on?!?

Max’s ears folded back a little and his arms raised as Bino’s yell stricken his face. When he opened his eyes as the dog finished, he saw him panting heavily and his eyeballs were almost popping out.

Max couldn’t help but smirk and raise one of his eyebrows.

“Bino, you’re harming my little heart.” Max said with a voice like someone hurt him, placing his hand on his chest and smiling at Bino. “Fortune wanted that we don’t live together anymore. And since then, I don’t know what’s going on with my dear canine sibling, that is now forced to live in some unfamiliar place. Because I was worried, I went outside to look for you and to know how are you, and perhaps help you.” He winked as he finished his last sentence.

Bino was still panting, but his breath started to calm down. His eyes weren’t almost popping out anymore and the redness started to fade away.

Not that kind of help he wanted. It would be better if someone put out the fire that was raging in his soul, not adding oil to increase it.

“You don’t have any better things to do?” Bino said with less strong voice this time, with his fist in front of Max’s chest. “Like… dating Grape for example. You have her nearby, so why won’t you go to her and do your cat stuff, like session of stupid Pridelands, or play together with yarn, rather than grind on my ragged nerves?”

“Oh Bino, what do you know about love…” Max closed his eyes as he moved his fingers across fur near his ear and placed his other hand on his hip. Then, he looked again at Bino. “Despite that my dear Grape lives just few houses away, I can’t come to her whenever I want. Some time must pass so we can start to miss eachother. And when we finally meet, we fell to eachother’s arms, putting an end to our long separation and feel happy to feel the fur and warmth of your lover. Love must be romantic, otherwise it will be dull and boring.”

Bino rolled his eyes and he listened to Max’s words. His anger at the cat started to flow away.

It was always making him feel disgusted when Max was putting too much sugar to his smooch talk. In his opinion, that’s how Max was always showing off and proving to be too much of a sharpie.

Bino let out a sigh. His fists loosened up and he turned away from Max. He placed his hand on his forehead and proceeded to continue his walk.

He started to feel tired. All of this anger that he was feeling today have drained his strength. He wasn’t thinking about Fox, King, Fido and what happened at the clubhouse anymore. It was too tiring.

But he also felt that Max is tagging along with him again. He wasn’t looking at him, but he could hear his footsteps, and it was like his body could sense the distance that between them.

This time, Max was not saying anything. He was just simply walking with Bino and glancing at him, smiling widely.

Bino knew what this silence means. As long as he won’t reply on Max’s question that was asked few minutes ago, he won’t buzz off. As he looked up, he let out a sigh.

“Fox brought King to our meeting.” Bino started to explain with low voice, turning his face to Max. Then, he looked away. “Everything was fine before… King had to ruined everything…”

“Hmm. I see.” Max replied, feeling joy that he managed to make Bino to make a confession of why he’s so stuffy today. “So you felt jealous because Foxy prefers to have fun with Shorty than you.”

“I’m not jealous…” Bino lied.

“Then why such a rage when I mentioned their names?” Max pushed on him.

Bino hung his head lower.

“Well, since Shorty showed up, Fox spends a lot of time with him.” Max placed his finger under his chin. “So it’s obvious that you feel like someone took your favorite toy while you were playing in sandpit. It was already clear that you’re jealous about Fox when Fido was calling him his best friend. How it would be different at this case?”

Bino sighed and shook his head a couple of times.

“And what can you know about it?” Bino turned his head away from Max. “Do you have a best friend? Do you ever watched how someone steps in and tries take him away from you, and there’s nothing you can do because everything is against you? I know Fox for a very long time. We were doing everything. Play on a field. Wander around the neighborhood. Fight for a squeaky bone. I could always count on him. And he could count on me too. But he had to step in and mess everything…”

Bino looked at the other side of the street. There was no sign of a living soul. Everything was quiet. Even birds weren’t singing today. There was only him and Max. And his emotional storm.

“I already had do deal with Fido who tried to turn him on his side.” Bino continued. “Now King appeared and he’s taking my best friend away from me. Just like that. And worst thing is that Fox can’t see that he’s just being manipulated. Like everyone else. He impresses everybody, like he was someone special. But who he is? What has he done so far that everyone like him so much? Especially Fox. What King has that I don’t have? Why he prefers King than me? Why…”

For some reason, Bino was feeling like he was taking off some weight off his chest. He didn’t care does Max understand him. He didn’t care will he make fun of it or spell a gossip about what he says. He just used him to let out what was circulating in his head.

“But the wrost thing is that…” Bino continued as he was still avoiding eye contact with Max. “… that he tries now to get Sasha’s attention. My girlfriend, you get it? He’s taking everything from me. I try my best to prevent that, but no one understands. They just follow him like some mindless zombies. Fox. Sasha. All neighbor dogs. He turns everyone against me. And there’s nothing I can do…”

Something unexpected happened at this moment. Max put his hands on Bino’s shoulders, turning him with speed and forcing him to make an eye contact.

“Ohh, and what am I hearing here?” Max said excited, leaning closer to surprised Bino and looking directly into his eyes. “The great Bino, who leads all dogs with wisdom and protects innocent from nefarious cats like me, is easily giving up and lets everyone to fall into grasp of dark gnome who will send upon them terror and suffer? I am so dissapointed…”

Bino wasn’t unable to reply. What kind of game Max is playing with him this time?

But after analysing his words, Bino realized that Max is somewhat right. Is it really appropriate for a ringleader to wander around with his head down and kick up a fuss about how unfair this and that is?

“And what I should do about it…” Bino said with low and deep voice.

Max moved his head close to Bino’s ear.

“Put a good prank on him of course.” Max said qietly to his ear. “And show Shorty who a real dog here is.” He said as he tilted his head back and smirked.

Bino couldn’t believe in what he just heard. Is Max tempting him to pull a stunt on King?

Various questions started to appear in his head.

Why Max said such thing?

What does he want?

Does he want to help him?

Or perhaps trick him?

Maybe it’s some part of some game and he is just a pawn of it?

Perhaps King did something to Max and now he seeks someone who will help him get his revenge?

After analysing all possible options he could think of, distrust was predominating in his mind. He knows that annoying cat too long. It must be some sort of trick again.

He cannot trust Max easily. Not after what he was doing to him. He tricked him so many times just to make some silly joke. And he always loved to buzz into his business and pick on him, just to make fun of him and play on his poor nerves.

So what Max is planning this time? What he wants to achieve by inducing him to make King pay for what he has done?

“And why do you think so, uh?” Bino looked suspiciously at Max and crossed his arms. “What are up to this time, Maxwell.”

Max acted like Bino’s question haven’t made any impression on him. Instead, he showed his white and sharp teeth as he was still smirking.

“Because it’s always fun to make a pun.” Max replied mysteriously.

Max’s answer didn’t help to resolve his doubts. He hated when he wasn’t giving proper answer.

But he also rethinked on Max’s proposition. Indeed, King deserves to get punished for stepping his authority. He tried that once, when King showed up on Christmas Eve at the clubhouse. He hoped that by blowing catnip right to his face will learn him to know where his place in line is. But somehow he failed as no one understood his intentions. Maybe another attempt will be successful and King won’t be such a hotshot anymore.

Bino started to look around nervously and was biting his lips with vigor. Now he was fighting a battle with himself. Listen to that annoying neighbor cat or not.

“Even if I would try…” Bino’s glance went again at Max, “… after what happened to him at Christmas party, Fido and his band are now making sure that something similar won’t happen again. So it will be extra hard to humiliate him in front of others.”

Max couldn’t help but grin as he heard Bino’s words. He got what he wanted.

“Speaking of, that reminds me what face King had when his present exploded.” Bino drifted into thoughts, looking down at the ground and moving his hands like he was touching some magical orb. “Just looking at his muzzle all dirty from soot…”

“His fur giving out the scent of explosive charge…” Max added with same tone as Bino.

“Mixed with catnip…” Bino continued in his trance.

“That fell all over him…” Max continued their game.

“His eyes as big as dishes…”

“… full of shock…”

“… and disbelief…”

The edges of Bino’s lips started to twitch, and his eyes were gaining size.

“How he was frozen, like someone stopped time…” Bino’s voice started to change.

“Making him a perfect model for a statue…” Max still accompanied him.

Bino’s expression slowly started to change. His lips began to move up, making a twisted smile of insane clown.

“His ridiculously big ears folded back…” Bino clenched his fists slowly, his voice filled with excitation.

“His open jaw…” Max was increasing the voltage.

“…trembling body…”

“…face becoming red…”

“…from upcoming rage…”

Bino’s pupils became very narrow, and his stare was as cold as ice. He was grinning like overexcited madman, who was way too much into his insanity.

“Humiliation!” Bino said loud and with passion.

“Defeat!” Max repeated him like a parrot.

“Punished!”

“Caught!”

Helpless!

Trussed!

VICTORY!!

SATISFACTION!!

At this moment, Bino started to laugh loud. His excitation reached its peak and it exploded. It wasn’t too long before Max started to laugh too.

The image of Fox and King playing together was now lost and long forgotten. Now, there was only King, who fell victim to Bino’s prank. Just imagining his rival being horribly humiliated by him was giving him a lot of joy. The feeling of triumph over him, defeating him and showing him who here is the best… that’s all what he needs to have a wonderful humor and laugh his satisfaction out loud.

But then, Bino realized that he got too much into this. He grabbed his muzzle with both hands to stop laughing and stared into void. When he took control over his body and calmed down a bit, his stare went on Max.

Max was grinning from ear to ear, showing his glittering teeth. Making Bino go insane for a moment was giving him a lot of fun.

“Fine. I will take my revenge on him, and show him to not overstep my authority that I worked on so hard.” Bino said with gloomy tone and frowned. “But don’t think that I’m doing this because you convinced me or something. You only helped me gain idea. Furthermore, when I’ll deal with Shorty...” He pointed, “… I’ll take care of you next. Our war isn’t over, Max. I still remember how the coffee machine shoot the liquid directly at my face when I was preparing coffee for dad. And my moving out won’t help you to get away from my hands. I will get you…”

Max chuckled.

“Well then, I will eagerly await for your attempts.” Max pointed his finger between Bino’s eyes, causing him to squint and expose his sharp fangs. “So far I have the highest score. So you will have to try really hard if you want to reach me…”

Bino growled and pushed Max’s finger away. He didn’t like to be treated like a little kid.

They both started to walk again. Max’s presence was not bothering Bino anymore, and Max was not yet finished with him.

After few steps, they reached the place where trees were growing in line, giving a shade from their branches that were above the sidewalk.

“So… any ideas how to upset Shorty’s life?” Max asked Bino from curiosity. He really wanted to know what kind of scares and torments his insane mind works on.

Bino crossed his arms and think a bit.

“I will have to study him a bit.” He said as he was looking ahead. “Where he mostly spends free time, what he likes to eat, what’s his hobby and other things. I heard he lives with those wolfs now, so I don’t know will it be possible to break into his house. But if it would be, I would get into his room at night and put a snake into his bed. Or if he stands up earlier from other residents, I would exchange sugar for salt in their sugar bowl. Instead of sugar, he would pour salt into his tea or whatever he drinks at morning.”

Max’s lips twisted and he stuck out his tongue as he imagined the taste of salted tea. He even felt a strange shiver going across his neck and shoulders.

“I bet seeing his face would be priceless.” Max flashed him a smile as he shook off the awkward feeling. “I will tell you something too. I found a new prey. And he’s really fun to play with.” He smiled strangely.

Bino turned his head to Max and raised his eyebrows. He knew that Max loves to hunt people and drive them to the limits of their self-control. But if he especially adores someone, the poor man must be really twisted.

Max’s smile became more wide as he glanced at Bino’s questioning expression.

“He’s a new guy here.” He replied with mysterious tone, foreseeing what Bino wanted to know. “I must say he’s different than others. Haven’t seen anyone like him for a long time. Oh, he tried to fight…” Max placed his hands behind and leaned closer to Bino. “But when I just looked at him… I knew he had potential. The way how he was arrogantly neglecting me. His meretricious clothing. His eyes… Few good moves and he was all mine.”

At first, Bino couldn’t realize about who was Max talking about. Him and his awkward replies…

But then, his various thoughts on Max’s words started to create a form of the person that was just described. Arrogance. Neglecting. Meretricious fashion. New guy. There could be only one person that fits to the description.

He knew that it will be a matter of time when those two will clash. But it happened so soon? And Max went out from his new home alive?

“Wait…” Bino tried to say something. “Are you talking about-“

BIIIIIINO!!!!!!

Bino almost jumped out of his skin as he heard his name.

Both pets turned around to see from where the scream came from.

They could see how in a distance, from the corner walked out some figure. When it stood and started to look around, they could see that it was wearing some black jacket.

“Matt!” Bino said as he recognized the figure that screamed his name.

“Uh oh.” Max added. “He’s looking around very vigorously. And he has his hands on his hips. Not a good sign.”

Max haven’t much time left. It’s just a matter of time when Matt will finally spot them. He looked around and noticed that a tree is near them. He approached it and started to climb.

“H-hey!” Bino was surprised as he noticed Max starting to climb on tree. “Where are you going?”

Max turned his head to him and flashed him a smile.

“Sorry, but I cannot face your daddy yet.” Max said with relaxed expression. “Some time must pass before we meet again. Besides, I think he’s looking for you.” He winked at Bino when he finished. Then, he climbed up and disappeared between branches.

Bino shook his fist. Inside, he was hoping that he won’t have to deal with his new owner alone. But Max left him. Just like that. He was so courageous when he was describing Matt as his next favorite target for his pranks. Where is his bravery now, when his favorite target just materialized?

“Coward…” He thought to himself, commenting Max’s behavior.

Bino looked again at direction where Matt was standing.

Matt was still looking around. But after some seconds, Bino saw how he turned his head in his direction, and froze. It seemed like Matt leaned forward to make sure that he found what he was looking for, and waved his arms with speed. Then, he started to go across the road.

Bino sighed. He knew that nothing good is going to come from this.

He regretted that Max had to tell him about Matt. It was like he summoned him.

Matt was now going straight to him. With each step, he was getting closer, and Bino could even see his face. There was grimace and impatience on it. It was also slightly red. From the speed of his movement, Bino could say that Matt wants to reach him as fast as possible.

Now he was sure that his mood will be ruined again. And he was feeling way better than before Max caught him petulant…

King ruined his speech. Fido acted again like he owned the club. Max almost scared him to death, and later he sticked to him like a limpet to dog’s tail. Now, Matt will probably show him how nasty and picky he can be. Yes, he can surely discard this day and put it to a box with a sign: for deletion.

Matt finally approached him. He placed his gloved hands on his hips and looked down at Bino. His cheeks were slightly red, and he was staring at him like he could burn him with a single glare.

“There you are…” Matt said slowly. Then, he leaned closer to Bino and looked directly into his eyes. “I was looking for you everywhere! You were supposed to be earlier! My mom is preparing dinner and I was forced to find you and bring you back! You know what a sense of time is, mutt?” His forehead was almost touching Bino’s.

Bino did not like how Matt talked to him. At least he would say that normally.

“I just wanted to walk around…” Bino said with low voice, but glaring at Matt back.

Matt’s pupils narrowed.

“Walk around, hah!” Matt replied arrogantly. “You cannot wander wherever you like! When I tell you to come back at appointed time, you have to come back at exact time! I won’t be wasting my time to look around for you!”

Bino clenched tightly his first and he really wanted to let out a snarl. It seemed that Matt just loves to pick on him.

“And how I’m supposed to know when to come back?!” Bino was losing control. “I’m a pet for Santa’s sake! I don’t wear a watch on my wrist just like you humans do!”

“Well, then what’s the problem to just find one human and ask him what’s the time, blockhead? Is that too hard for you?”

Bino was having enough. It seemed that Matt has every answer on whatever defense he tries to use. Plus, he is his owner. What chances he has if he is actually forced to somewhat listen to him, even if his heart is not into this?

But then, he remembered that Max is on a tree. He’s probably sitting on some branch and observes the entire scene. And he was sure that he’s laughing at him now, as Matt is showing him who’s the real boss here.

Oh no. He won’t give Max this satisfaction. He’s going to fight back Matt. Even if this means bad consequences for both of them.

Pride of the dog started to grow in his heart. He won’t let Matt to be pushed into a corner so easily.

“Well listen me very carefully, daddy!” Bino said with stronger voice this time, slightly pushing Matt’s head back with his forehead. “I’m not just a simple dog around here. I’m the top dog and ringleader of entire neighborhood! I’m the Chairdog of the Good Ol’ Dogs Club! All dogs follow my charisma and wisdom! So don’t treat me like some kind of mindless slave that can be used as a punch bag for your own frustration, because you have a dog of all dogs in your house! So show me some respect!” When he finished, he moved his head back, raised his chin and crossed his arms, waiting for Matt’s reaction.

For a moment, Matt was looking at his dog with wide eyes. There was no emotion shown on his face. Bino remained in his serious stance, but he smiled in his spirit. He finally revealed to his young owner who he really is in Babylon Gardens and how important figure he is here. And it seemed that he made Matt feel dumbstruck.

But that didn’t last for long. Matt suddenly smiled scornfully, and after few seconds, he let out a contempt laugh.

Bino haven’t expected such reaction. He was hoping to ground Matt. So why he’s laughing?

“Heh.” Matt stopped laughing and leaned closer again to Bino, smiling mischievously. “Oh, really? Such a little whiner like you? Well, even if, here’s the information of the day: I DO NOT CARE.” The smirk vanished from Matt’s face as he wore the nasty expression again. “For me, even if you would be a king of local junkyard, you’re still just a dog to me! And still, I am your owner! So it doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or with who you get mixed up! Still, I am your owner and as a pet, you are obligated to obey me!”

“I HAVE CONNECTIONS!!!” Bino yelled at Matt. He finally lost patience. It seemed that nothing can get through Matt’s canned head.

“SO WHAT!!!” Matt yelled at Bino with same volume.

Meanhile, between branches of nearby tree, Max was watching the entire scene.

He could feel the hatred that was between Bino and Matt. And it seemed that their argue will never stop. He was only wondering when they will grab each other’s necks and start to wrestle. From the volume of their yells and their saliva being spitted all the time, it seemed it won’t be too long before that happens.

And he really enjoyed watching them. It was like he was on a farm and he watches two roosters fighting for position of leader of entire hen house.

But he needed a better view. If he can just move up the branch a bit, he will have a clear view on them.

He slowly placed his hands as he was moving to the edge of the branch, avoiding to make any noise and keeping his balance. As further he was moving, the branch was becoming thinner. Step by step, the view was becoming more clear. Yes, he’s almost above them. Just a little bit closer, and he-

*SNAP*

Max’s ears instantly turned back as he heard a sound of snapping wood. He turned his head and his eyes grew in terror as he saw that the part of the branch he was on was starting to go down.

There was nothing he could do. The last thing he saw before he screamed was how his part of branch was separating from its matrix.

Bino and Matt instantly stopped yelling at each other as he heard a terrified scream.

Matt looked up. The last thing he saw was a terrified face of a cat, a white flash and everything being covered by darkness…

- - - - - - - - - -

Bino shook his head. He was glad that he has good reflex and was able to jump just in time. Otherwise he would feel a taste of broken branch. Now, he was sitting on the sidewalk and was looking at two beings lying on the ground.

He noticed that Max’s body shivered. Then, he heard a moan as the cat moved his fingers of his right hand.

The first thing Max did as he got on his knees was to give his sore head a good massage.

“Max, are you okay?” Bino asked with worried tone as he stood up.

Max hissed as he was massaging a big bump that was now on his head, but he managed to open one eye and smile to Bino.

“I’ll live.” He replied with a bit lowered tone, but happily. “Thanks for-“

“It’s not that I’m really worried about you or something.” Bino crossed his arms, closed his eyes, turned his head away and raised his chin. “It’s because it is appropriate for dogs to ask for condition of the injured in accident, no matter who it is.”

“Ugh, asking…” Max finished his sentence, but spasm returned to his face as he heard a cynical answer.

Bino came closer to the place of accident.

“Funny, I thought cats always land on their fours.” Bino said, smirking.

Max managed to get up somehow. World was still spinning around him and the bump on his head was pulsing.

“Let’s say that appearance of your friend had drastically changed this old law of physics” Max said as his eyes gained focus on Bino and his hand covering his bump.

As Max mentioned Matt, both him and Bino looked at the boy.

Matt was lying on the sidewalk on his back. His eyes were closed, his mouth was opened, and there also was a bump on his head that looked like a buxom plum. A broken branch was lying near him.

“Speaking of, how is he?” Max asked as he was glancing at Matt’s body.

Bino examined Matt from tips of his boots to top of his head. Then, he bow down to the broken branch and snatched a stick.

He came closer to Matt and looked at his face. He was showing no signs of life. His glance went then on the stick he was holding in his hand. He played with it with his fingers for a moment. When he finished, he started to poke Matt’s belly with it.

Bino was poking Matt’s belly for a couple of seconds with his stick. But nothing happened. Matt was still lying on the sidewalk and none part of his body haven’t even twitched or shiver.

“Well… no reaction.” Bino said after he stopped poking Matt. Then he turned his face to Max and gave him a serious look. “I think you’ve killed him.”

Max’s hand slipped off his head as he heard Bino’s serious words.

“You mean… he’s…” Max’s eyes started to grow wide. “But… A-are you sure? Shouldn’t we do something??” He asked with disbelief.

“Well, I’ve poked him with a stick and nothing happened.” Bino narrowed his eyes. “See?”

He started to poke Matt’s belly again. But as before, Matt haven’t made any move.

“If he’s not reacting on my stabs, then he’s clearly dead.” Bino explained. “But if you really want to be sure, you can also try something stronger.”

Bino lifted his leg and kicked Matt in his knee.

Not even a single moan came from Matt’s mouth.

“See? Dead.” Bino pointed at Matt with his open hand. “You’ve killed him.”

The word ‘you’ve killed him’ was now echoing loudly in Max’s head. And whoever was spelling those words contently in his mind, he was not willing to shut up so soon.

Max felt a strange sensation in his stomach. It was like he swallowed a bag filled with thick cubes of ice. And the cold sensation they were radiating was now spreading to all parts of his body.

“So… what we’re going to do now…” Was all he could say at this moment.

Bino lowered his head and looked at Max with disbelief.

“We?” Bino asked as he frowned. “You mean you. It was you who fell on him from a tree as you were spying on us. So now it’s your problem what to do with him. I’m going back home for dinner as I was asked to.”

Bino looked once again at Matt. He let out a sigh and threw the stick somewhere behind trees. Then, he slowly started to walk away.

Panic started to take control over Max’s body. He put his fingers into his mouth and he started to bite them from nervousness.

He had to deal with many problems in his life after he caused a ruckus. But it was a first time when a problem is this serious. And it was too overwhelming for his poor head.

Various vision started to appear before his eyes. How everyone are pointing fingers at him, after they learned what he has done. How he lands in jail. How they place him in a very small ward that has no window.

He wanted to collapse from the strange, cold sensation that was filling his entire body. Everything around him was spinning with enormous speed.

What to do? What to do? He was repeating this question to himself.

His gaze went on Matt. He was hoping that just looking at him will resurrect him, and he will suddenly stand up and start to dance. But such thing haven’t happened. Matt was lying on the sidewalk in same position.

His gaze went on Bino who was slowly walking away. Without even thinking, he dashed to him.

Before Bino could do anything, Max grabbed him by his shoulders and blocked his way.

“Wait, you’re going to just leave me!” Max asked him with horrified expression. His ears were very lowered.

“Why not?” Bino asked with bored expression. “Somehow you left me and climbed on a tree when you’ve spotted Matt. So now it’s your problem to do something with him.”

Bino wanted to go away, but Max was still holding him.

“But… he’s your owner!” Max’s eyes grew bigger as panic in his head was increasing. “You can’t just leave him here like that!”

“Oh Max, such things happen.” Bino explained. “All I can do is to accept what happened. And since he’s gone now, he’s not my owner anymore.”

Bino wanted to push Max away with his hand, but the cat was not going to give up yet.

Oh c’mon man! It was an accident!” Max’s eyes were now as big as dishes, and his pupils were very wide. “Don’t leave me to deal with this alone! What if Fido finds out?!” He gripped Bino’s shoulders firmly.

It was this moment, where Bino realized how Max has changed now. When he met him first today, he was really relaxed and up to put a prank on someone. Now, he would say that a different person stands before him. Terrified. With glassy eyes. Trembling from fear. Begging for help.

Now, he’s the one who’s in charge of entire situation.

“Ohh, and what am I hearing here?” Bino smirked as he tried to parody Max’s words that he spelled not so long time ago. “The great Max, who is the master of pranksters and fights the nefarious Bino, sacrifices his ideals and asks his worst enemy to help him mask the crime? I am so disappointed…”

Max frowned as Bino finished his monologue, but fear and terror stayed in his eyes.

“Man, this is not funny!” Max tried to say his words strongly, but instead, they came out weak.

Bino looked for a moment at Max with a smirk of mercy. When he attempted to go away once again, Max moved his lips like a fish and stopped him one more time.

“Okay! Okay…” Max said with resignation. He was really eager to turn Bino on his side. But it wasn’t easy since he lost all of his confidence. “I promise to not pull a stunt on you for one month.”

Bino listened to Max’s proposition. The bribe was not bad, but it still was not satisfying him. He tried to move, but Max was still standing in his way.

“Not enough?? Well… two months then!!” Max tried to grin.

Bino raised his eyebrows. Max hoped for a moment that he managed to convince him.

“Hmm… two months of no attempts to humiliate me…” Bino rolled his eyes as he drifted to his thoughts. Then, his glance went back at Max. “Plus, you will help with renovating our balcony at our clubhouse. Someone must exchange wooden desks and varnish it.”

Max narrowed his eyes and opened his jaw.

“Ugh, physical work?” He said with disgust. “Aren’t you asking me for too much? I already offer you freedom from my pranks and you still want more?”

Instead of showing any sign of care, Bino simply shrugged and started to push Max.

“Uhh, fine!” Max finally surrendered. “I just hope my fur won’t get varnished aswell. Doooh…”

Bino couldn’t help but smile mischievously. He got what he wanted. And he won’t have to take care of the balcony. Max will do his work for him.

“Alright. Deal then.” Bino nodded. “I’ll help you. But only this one time.”

Max let out a sigh of relief and placed his forehead on Bino’s chest. He was still feeling dizzy, but at least he’s not alone in this anymore.

“Okay. So, what shall we do with him?” Max asked as he lifted his head.

Bino looked behind. Matt’s body was still there on the sidewalk. He rubbed his chin as he was thinking.

“Hmmm. I think I know.” He said as he was looking at Matt. Then, he turned his face to Max. “Come on! We must drag him somewhere else, before someone will come here.”

They both ran to the place where Matt and the branch were.

“Okay. I’ll grab him by his arms, and you grab him by his legs.” Bino instructed Max.

He hadn’t had to tell him that twice. Before he could notice, Max was already holding Matt’s legs.

Bino grabbed Matt by his armpits and tried to lift him. He managed to do that, but not without huffing and straining his muscles.

“Ugh, he’s heavy!” Bino said as his face was becoming red from exertion. “What does he eat? Bars of iron??”

“Rrrfff! Next…. *huff*…. Step?” Max said as he also was having troubles with Matt’s weigh.

“To the park…” Bino managed to say. “But… we… are taking… other way. No way that I… uff! That I wanna meet someone while…. carrying him!”

They looked once again to make sure that no one is watching them. As they realized that they’re still alone on the street, they disappeared behind trees and walked with Matt’s limp body to direction where the local park is…

(A/N)

I wonder what they’re going to do to Matt. It’s even scary to think about it…
I'm a bookworm!
loomCAT

Post by loomCAT »

Wha...? Did that just happen?!

Seriously, I really don't know what to say about that chapter! I'm hoping you finish Chapter 22 quickly, because I'm in a state of shock from this!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Awesome update, Dude!

I can just imagine what will happen when Matt wakes up, half buried in the dirt with Bino and Max standing overhim saying a little prayer! :lol:

You're alive!? But I poked you with a stick and you didn't move! You must be a zombie! :o :lol:

Poking with a stick and no movement = dead. Priceless.
My characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Wow what a Great Update and a long one at that! And the ending WOW shocked indeed! Reilly what a way to end a chapter! I couldn't help but laugh at Bino's heartless reaction to leave his injured owner and walk off to dinner- (Although that might be a little eviler then normal for Bino) also the
Bino was poking Matt’s belly for a couple of seconds with his stick

Great line :twisted:

Ok now that i have let the Evil out i would have to say I Hope that Matt is ok... and that Bino doesn't get in too much trouble... though that's probably not going to be the case seeing that there reaction was to hide the body instead of getting help.... Great one Karlos! I can't wait to see what happens next!!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Don't be creepy!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Dissension wrote:Don't be creepy!

Wait... Who was that directed to, Diss? I am confused.
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Most likely, Kondog.
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

I am just as confused as you Copper, - my statement might have come off cold but not creepy- tho my sense of humor is a little off beat.
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

Sometimes, the trunk of a car solves everything.
Enough said.

:D
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
valerio

Post by valerio »

ahh, super update, just the way I like it!
For some reason, them pets taking care of their victim make me think of a Scooby and Shaggy carrying a live H-Bomb.
yush, fur's gonna fly this time!
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Hmm, Matt unconscious and Bino and Max carrying him to some unknown place in the Park? Man oh man i wish that they meet Fido. It will be like:

(Fido) "What in the world are you doing?"
(Bino and Max) "Uhm... nothin'!"
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

loomCAT wrote:Wha...? Did that just happen?!

Seriously, I really don't know what to say about that chapter! I'm hoping you finish Chapter 22 quickly, because I'm in a state of shock from this!
I just want to ask, what kind of shock have you experienced?
copper wrote:Poking with a stick and no movement = dead. Priceless.
This idea came from watching some anime :)
valerio wrote:For some reason, them pets taking care of their victim make me think of a Scooby and Shaggy carrying a live H-Bomb.
I used to watch Scooby-Doo a lot in old days :) Especially enjoyed the classic series on CN.
For some reason Valerio, your post reminded me the strip where Duke says that Scooby calls himself Ruby Roo :idea:
I'm a bookworm!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

This can't be good for both Bino and Max.
Karl

Post by Karl »

22. Like in TV

Max still couldn’t believe they’re doing this.

Not that long time ago, everything was going fine. He was lighthearted, with plans to satisfy his daily need for playing a joke on someone whoever stood on his way. No problems were on his mind. He simply enjoyed the day.

Even when he saw the grumpy Bino, he was sure that he will have some fun if he will approach him and tease him a little. And calling out his insanity from his soul just to see his gaze of madman, awkward movements of his hands, and to hear his maniacal laugh was enough to make his goal accomplished.

But now, everything has changed. His poise and coolness were now far, far away from him. Now, all of those feelings were replaced by worry and fear from getting to jail.

And Max was thinking about all of this as he was squatting, holding his knees close to his chest, and watching how Bino digs with his bare hands a huge pit.

He realized that he got what he deserved as he remembered his conversation with Bino, when his canine ex-housemate said that he should date Grape instead of bugging him.

And he was right. If he would go visit Grape instead of getting idea to bug Bino, none of this would happen.

Probably he would roleplay with her the scene from Pridelands series, where Princess Illaya is aware of upcoming war and Lord Parnok takes her into his strong arms, gently telling the princess into her ear that no one will take their castle and if she will be in great danger, he will protect her with his own body, to his last breath.

Or maybe they would go for a walk. Then, he would whisper to her ear some sweet words, keeping her close with his arm, making her to turn her face away from him and blush. Probably she would pretend that she does not care about his sweet-talk, but deep in his heart Max knew she loves this.

For moment, Max’s mind went to the land of dreams. Just thinking about many possibilities of spending time with Grape made his cheeks to become bright red.

He brutally returned to reality when he spotted in corner of his eye the person that is currently causing him troubles.

Just looking at Matt, who was now laying in tall grass, made his bones to shiver. He felt a strange, cold sensation inside of his head.

And here he is, hidden in tall bushes, far away from a group of dogs that were playing with a colorful ball. If that ball would land here by any chance, it would be really difficult to explain what is going on here.
Instead of spending time with Grape, he just had to fall on this guy. His big bump that was on top of his head was letting know about itself by sending pulses of pain, each time he was thinking about this scene.

In his life, there were many moments when he got himself into trouble. Somehow, he was able to get through them and keep grinding on people’s nerves, despite that he could get into trouble again. But this… this happened to him for the first time in his life. And this time, it won’t be easy to solve this.

His attention went to the brown tail that was sticking out from the pit.

“You sure it’s a good idea, bro?” Max asked with unsure voice, placing his chin on his knees.

The soil stopped flying in the air and the brown tail disappeared. Then, Bino’s head popped out.

“You have a better one?” Bino asked back, eyeing at Max. “And don’t call me your bro…” He said the last word with disgust.

Max wasn’t sure what to do with Matt. His mind was telling him to run far, far away from Babylon Gardens and scream at the top of his lungs. But that would probably be the worst option. So the only thing he could do was to shake his head, showing ‘no’.

Bino was looking for a moment at curled Max. When he started to bend down to return to his work, Max opened his lips again.

“But… why this?” Max asked again. “Won’t they… you know… find out?”

This time, Bino straighten himself and placed his hands on his hips. The edge of the ground was on the level of his waist.

“I’ve seen it in television.” Bino replied with lazy expression. “When something like that occurred, they always dig a hole and hide the evidence. And it’s effective, because in each show, no one was able to find out the truth.”

“But what if they will?” Max’s pupils were becoming wide and he started to breath faster.

Bino narrowed his eyes and leaned closer to Max.

“Max. You and I know that television never lies.” Bino said, looking directly into Max’s eyes. “Whatever they show there, it’s always true.”

Max calmed down a bit. Bino is right. Television always shows truth. Like the monster from Loch Ness for example. Since there are many interviews with people who seen it, and there are many movies about it, then monster from Loch Ness must really exist. Otherwise, why television would show all of this?

But when Max was thinking about it, a funny idea appeared in his mind.

“Even Barney the Little Teddy?” Max asked with a smirk.

Bino’s eyes suddenly became wide. He was caught by surprise.

“Y-yes. Even Barney…” Bino lowered his head as he was frowning at Max. His cheeks were red.

Barney the Little Teddy” is a show that Bino watches since he was a pup. It’s always aired each Saturday, at early morning. There was no way he would miss that show. He always stood up early, before his dad, and turn on TV.

Barney is a teddy that is very little. He wears small, blue trousers with braces and white T-shirt. His fur has a similar color to straw. He lives in a small, wooden house with his parents – Papa Bear and Mama Bear. Although his house in near forest, he also has neighbors that live closely. When Barney was going outside, whenever he wanted to go play with his friends, do shopping for his Mama, or just go to school, he carried a blue bag that had various magical things. And he was singing.

There were two things that Bino loved in Barney. His funny adventures, and his songs.

Barney’s songs were depending from the situation and circumstances. But they were mostly very cheerful and melodious. Because Barney was often encouraging to sing with him, he hadn’t had to ask Bino twice. Each time Barney was singing, Bino accompanied him, clapping from time to time and laughing from joy.

Bino is not a pup anymore. But he still watches Barney. Despite that most of days he sleeps till noon, Saturday is a grand exception. And still, he loves to sing with Barney.

And Max knows that.

Bino tried to drop the topic by returning to digging. When Max asks him something and he smirks, he knows that he’s planning to make fun of him.

But it was too late. Max’s smirk turned into a grin and he figured another way to have some fun. He stretched out his legs, grabbed his feet with his hands, and started to roll on left and right.

I’m walking down the path
The yellow, yellow path
I’m walking down the path so I can have some fun with friends!

As Max finished the first verse, he let out a long laugh.

Bino’s shoulders moved up as he heard Max parodying the song from Barney. His fingers started to dig deeper into ground, and soil was flying out from the pit faster.

We will take our rods,
And we will go to the river,
We will put our feet into cold water
And we will have some fun!

Bino gritted his teeth and almost let out a snarl. Max promised him to not pick on him. And when he puts a lot of effort to help him, he makes fun of Barney...

It seemed that Max will never learn.

Stop it, Max…” Those words barely went trough Bino’s gritted teeth.

But Max wasn’t going to stop. He was having too much fun right now. His grin became wore wide and he started to roll on sides faster.

We will build a hut!
We will play games!
And when the night will fall
We will make a campfire
And sing together songs!
Aaaahahaaah!

Bino could feel how his cheeks are starting to get warm. Embarrassment started to fill his heart. He knew that Max is making fun of him and his habit to sing with Barney.

But his embarrassment was also causing him to feel angry. His muscles were becoming strained and he was slowly loosing control over himself.

“Max, stop it…” Bino said louder this time, falsely believing that his words will work.

Max stopped swinging from side to side. He raised his hands and moved them close to each other.

“Okay everyone! Now we’re going to sing together, so our song can become more awesome! Yaaay!” Max said with a tone like he was a little toddler, increasing Bino’s embarrassment and anger.

If you think we’ll have some fun, clap your hands!

*clap* *clap*

If you think it’s cool to camp, clap your hands!

*clap* *clap*

If you think friends are important
If you think it’s nice to wander
If you think it’s cool, aahah!, to sing
Clap your hands!

*clap* *clap*

Bino took a clump of soil and started to squish it. Singing was one thing, but making fun of clapping was way too much.

Stop it!” Bino said as veins started to appear on his forehead, making the clump of soil to go between his fingers as he squished it with force.

At this point, Max started to laugh loudly, swinging his legs high and clap his hands non stop as he was imagining Bino in front of TV and doing all those things. He was laughing so hard that he forgot why they’re hiding in bushes and why they shouldn’t make any noise.

That was it. Bino couldn’t take it any longer. His anger mixed with embarrassment has reached its peak. He turned to direction where Max was, with his face whole red and with wrinkles above his black nose. His arms were trembling and his fists were clenched tight as he was observing Max who was crying from laugh and was close to fall into the pit as his body was swinging back and forth.

OKAY, THAT’S IT!!! I WON’T BE HELPING YOU ANYMORE!!!” Bino yelled right into Max’s face, waving his fists in front of his own chest. “I’M GOING TO TELL FIDO ABOUT WHAT YOU DID!!!” When he spitted out what was in his soul, he started to climb out from the pit.

The brutal world once again returned to Max, as he realized that he allowed his antics to take control over him again. His glance went on Matt who was still lying on the grass. The familiar cold sensation returned as he realized that he’s still in deep trouble. He turned his head in direction where Bino was walking away.

He quickly stood up and rushed in his direction. When he reached him, he hanged on Bino’s arm like he was his last resort for his soul to be salvaged.

NO, NO! Don’t leave me!” Max said to Bino with panicked voice, trying to stop him as he was pulling his arm. “And don’t tell Fido! From all possible evils, not him!”

Max could only imagine what would happen if Fido finds out what he had done to Matt. From all cops he ever had to deal with, Fido was always getting into his way the most. Sometimes, he even could tell that Fido just loved to bust him each time he committed some prank on someone. Like he was some kind of his favorite criminal. If Fido will find out what happened to Matt, he will haunt him to rest of his days.

Bino was not even looking at Max. He was too angry now to even look at his face. He regretted that he decided to help him mask the crime he committed. But he did. And Max broke the promise. He should have known it will happen. Now, he was feeling stupid.

However, it was impossible to not notice the weight he could feel on his arm. His movement also became difficult. And he could feel a sound of pair of feet scrapping the ground.

Bino stopped. He turned his head to see Max who was hanging on his arm.

Max made a silly smile as Bino gave him a serious look.

Bino pulled his arm from Max’s tight grip and turned to face him.

“You promised me to not make fun of me for two months if I will agree to help you!” Bino scolded him. “And yet, you can’t miss the opportunity to behave like a stupid clown!”

Max scratched his ear and lowered his head as he was looking at Bino. He still had a silly grin on his face.

“You just made me to loose my new owner!” Bino continued as he stretched his arm to point at Matt’s limp body. “He was a stupid jerk who always pretended to be smarter than me. Not to mention his headfur that was a total disaster. But maybe if I would give him some more time, he would become useful to me!”

Max started to bite his lower lip and he rolled his eyes to look somewhere else.

“And you don’t have that hard. We’ll just bury him and your trouble will be away. And you know how hard it will be for me now? Have you at least thought about it, huh?” Bino pointed at himself with his hands. “What I will tell rest of the family? They will notice that he disappeared, you know?”

Max’s glance returned to Bino, who had questioning expression. The dog had open mouth, big pupils and was waiting for answer.

In return, Max lowered his head and sighed. His glance went on place where Matt was lying.

Matt was still in the same place where him and Bino left him. Since then, nothing has changed. His limbs were still in the same position. And he looked like he was taking a nap under trees.

Max gave Bino a smile and placed his hand on his shoulder.

“I’m sorry.” Max said with his hand on his chest. “It’s just… I can’t help it. It’s like this black and hot liquid that humans call ‘coffee’. I can’t live without it.”

Max was saying truth. He was like a plant who needs to make photosynthesis to gain energy to live. So whenever he has ability to annoy someone, so he can gain energy from their anger and frustration, he does that automatically.

Bino was glaring for a moment at Max. Simple ‘sorry’ wasn’t enough to extinguish his anger. Especially hat he broken the promise. Plus, it’s not the first time when Max apologizes him and yet, he mocks him few moments later. So in response, he crossed his arms, turned his head on side, raised his chin high and closed his eyes.

Max wasn’t going to give up. He got on one of his knees and placed his hand on Bino’s crossed arms.

“Oh, Bino! You, who is my only hope for salvation!” Max begun his monologue, putting a lot of drama into it. “Please, save this poor soul, who is not worthy your care!”

Bino opened his eye.

Max stood up, turned around, raised his head and covered his eyes with his arm.

“Oh! Woe is me, who has to carry this horrible burden of punishment! Woe is me, who fell victim to mischievous fortune! Oh, what will happen with me? Who will help me, who I am little and poor?”

Bino’s lips started to turn into sign of disgust as he was listening to Max’s attempts to get his attention. Even his frown faded away.

Max turned to Bino and stretched out his arm.

“And here he is, the one who can save me. But because of my foolishness and bad antics, my only savior turned away from me!” Max said with grief in his voice. His eyes were big and glassy, and his open hand was in front of Bino. “Oh my, oh my! What shall poor me do to get his forgiveness? Because without him, my future is lost…”

When Max finished, he turned away and started to slowly stroke his arm. His ears were folded, and from time to time, he was turning his head and shyly looking at Bino with one eye.

Bino stopped raising his head and his arms loosened up. He placed his hand on his eyes and let out a deep sigh.

He didn’t know why he always ends up helping him. Whenever Max gets himself into trouble, he’s the one who must save him. From Jeff, angry neighbor, or even Fox who seeks revenge on that cat.

Was he doing that because they lived under one roof? Because they shared one dad? Because of their past?

Even when they don’t live together anymore, it seemed that he’s still glued to that annoying cat.

“Okay, okay!” Bino finally said from impatience as he was tired of Max’s dramatic show. “Stop behaving like a punished kitten, I’ll help you.”

Max grinned as he heard Bino’s words. Then, his grin changed into a normal smile as he turned to the dog.

“Oh, thank you for showing your grace, my great brother from other kind.” He said with glittering eyes.

Max’s eyes made Bino feel only more uncomfortable. He hated when he was acting like someone aggrieved by fortune. It was always making him feel awkward.

Bino came closer to Max.

“But I swear, if you get another stupid idea, I will leave you for real this time.” He glared at Max and poked his chest with his finger.

Max only made a happy face in response.

“I promise, with cherry on top of cream pie, that I won’t allow my antics to cloud my mind again.” He said as he placed his hand on Bino’s chest to calm him down.

Of course, when he was saying that, he was crossing his fingers behind his back.

Bino glared at Max for few moments. Just to make the cat sure to not try to mess with him again.

Then, Bino sighed and looked at the place where the pit was.

“Anyways, I think I’m already done with it.” He said as he was examining the pit. “It would go faster if you would help me…” He turned his face back to Max and shot him a glare.

Max only raised his hands in self defense.

“Don’t look at me like that.” He said like he was totally relaxed. “You know that dogs are the best diggers. My specie is good in climbing on trees. So it would be against nature to do otherwise.”

They both walked to the place where Matt was. When they were near him, they bent over his body and started to look at him with interest.

Matt had a calm expression. He seemed like he was sleeping. The only difference was that he had a bump on top of his head, and when he was touched, he was not reacting. But if it wouldn’t be for those two things, no one would say that something happened to him.

“So what you’re gonna tell the rest of residents of your house when they will find out that he’s missing?” Max asked as he was looking at Matt’s face.

That was a good question. Bino draw up and placed his finger on his lip, as he was thinking intensively. Then, he got an idea.

“I will tell them… that he run away to become feral.” Bino said to Max as he waved his hand. “At first, they will probably be sad because of his runaway. But I think in time they will accept that he had chosen wild life above civilization. Besides, they still have me.” He placed his hand on his chest and raised his head as he finished his last sentence.

Max scratched the area behind his ear.

“Wait… humans can become feral?” He asked with astonishment, and raised his eyebrow.

“Yeah. I saw in TV when watching documentary with dad.” Bino explained. “Most of feral humans are in jungle. They hide there from civilization. Like wolfs, they make packs and hunt together. They also have one place for gatherings and they’re not using matches when making fire. The only difference is that they love to paint their furless bodies. Strange, huh?”

Max was really amazed. He never knew that humans can be feral too. He believed only animals can be. But it seems that humans and animals have more in common than he thought.

Bino glanced at Matt’s face again.

It was like he was looking at totally different person. The Matt he knew always had a grumpy face, was always frowning. And never smiled.

Now, it was a different Matt. His face was mild. There was no anger on it. His cheeks weren’t red from frustration. Even wrinkles, that always appeared near his eyes and nose when he frowned, were gone too. There was only peace and softness.

Bino remembers him as a snarky guy. He disliked him for being so hot blooded and impatient. Even his attitude was awful. But his current face would fool anyone. Now he looked like he was… some nice and friendly guy.

Bino was feeling a strange pinch in his heart. He hated Matt. He was a bad owner who did not care about him. But still, they met just few days ago, and their awkward relationship did not last too long.

But well. No one can foresee what will happen few minutes later, as Bino thought to himself. All he could do was to shrug and accept what happened.

“Okay. Just like last time. I grab him by his armpits, and you grab his legs.” Bino instructed Max.

Max nodded and grabbed Matt’s legs.

Bino took Matt by his armpits and both pets started to lift his limp body. They had to put a lot of effort into it since Matt was heavy for them. After few moans and pants, Matt’s body was above ground and both pets started to carry him to the pit.

“Uuuhh.”

Bino’s ears perked up and he suddenly stopped, making Max to almost fell on the ground. He started to look around.

“You heard something?” Bino asked as he was looking around.

Max’s heart started to slam like a hammer in his chest as he heard Bino’s question. He also started to look around, but more nervous.

“N-no?” Max asked with trembling voice as his glance went back on Bino. He slouched a bit. “I Didn’t hear anything. Don’t scare me like that, I almost dropped him…

Max looked for a moment at Matt. His pupils grew wide as a scary thought appeared in his mind. But then, he shook his head to get rid of that thought.

Bino could sworn that he heard something. He was afraid that someone might be watching them. But after some time of looking around, he couldn’t spot anything.

“Nevermind. Let’s carry on.” He said to Max as he thought to himself that maybe he was just hearing things.

When they made few steps more, they were on the edge of the pit.

“Okay… can we… *pant*… drop him finally?” Max said as exertion was visible on his face. “Few… *pant*… minutes more and… *huff*… my arms will… fell off from their… *pant* wickets!”

“Okay… let’s… *pant*… swing him!” Bino said with grimace on his face. “On three… *pant*.”

At first, it wasn’t easy to swing Matt’s body. It seemed like his weight and Earth’s gravitation was working against them. But after few movements, they started to make little swings

“One…”

Matt’s body was not yet above the pit, but his limp hands softly brushed the grass.

“Two…”

The next swing went smoother than they thought. It was like Matt suddenly lost some weight. But they must make one more swing.

“THREE!”

Just when Matt’s body was above the pit, both pets let go of him, watching how his limbs are flying in the air without control.

*THUMP!!*

Matt’s body fell into the pit, making a loud thud that scared some birds that were nearby.

Both pets bent down and placed their hands on their knees as they were glancing at Matt who was now lying in the bottom of the pit on his back.

Max noticed something. He pulled Bino’s arm to get his attention.

“Hey Bino… his legs…” He said as he was pointing at something.

When Bino turned his head to see at what Max was pointing at, he realized what was wrong.

The pit was deep enough to hide Matt. However, Bino miscalculated its width and Matt’s legs were sticking out.

Bino came closer to Matt’s legs. His glance was moving on legs and on rest of Matt’s body. After some thinking, he grabbed the legs, folded them in knees, and tried to put them into the pit.

Bino grimaced as he saw results. Matt was now looking more awkward than before. Although he was lying on his back, his hands were resting on his torso in disorder, and his legs were looking like he was actually hiding in a tight box.

“Most important that he fits in now…” Bino thought to himself as he was staring at Matt. Then, he turned his head in direction where Max was standing and he placed his hands on his hips. “Last stage. We’re burying him.”

Max was only waiting for Bino to say that. When this will happen, his problem will be gone.

They both walked to the pile of soil and started bury the pile where Matt was in it.

Each time a clump of soil landed on Matt’s leather jacket, it made a strange sound. But after more clumps flew into the pit, the sounds were gone as Matt’s body was now covered under layer of cold ground.

Bino and Max haven’t stopped their work even once. After few good minutes, their job was done. They rubbed their hands against each other to clean dirt off them and they watched proudly on their work.

The pit was gone, and so Matt. Now, in place where was the pit, there was a brown circle among the green grass.

Max felt like something heavy was just taken off his heart. His problem was now deep in the ground. Now, no one will find it and he will avoid the punishment for committing the crime.

Bino rested his chin on his hand. He had mixed feelings. He was telling himself that he had done the right thing. But he also had a feeling that something was actually wrong.

“Too bad he was with us so shortly.” Max said as he was glancing at the brown circle. “He was really fun to annoy.”

“Yeah…” Bino said, not even making a single move.

He drifted deeply into his thoughts. His dad just abandoned him. And when he got a new owner, he also lost him.

Although Matt was not a nice guy, Bino did not care about him. He was even starting to learn to live with someone who is complaining for most of the days. He always managed to live somehow, even when Jeff was punishing him for being a bad and undisciplined dog. So he could--

*FWOOOOOSHHH*

*GAAAAAAAASP*

Max suddenly jumped on Bino and wrapped his arms around his neck. Bino instinctively caught him and their cheeks were touching each other. They tried to scream from terror, but they were too frightened to let out any sound. Bino’s legs were shaking like jelly, and Max was almost nailing into dog’s neck with his claws. Their eyes had enormous size and were filled with pure terror, as they were watching the scene that was happening before them.

In front of them was a horrible creature, that just appeared all of a sudden. It was buried in ground from its waits to edges of its feet. It was whole brown, and black drops were dripping from its shapeless ears. It had no eyes, had some strange twigs on top if its head, and instead of mouth, it had a black hole that was making wheezing sounds.

The monster was not moving. It was just there, half in the ground, and was wheezing.

But then, the horrifying creature turned its head in direction where the terrified pets were. Then, it begun to let out inhuman yowls.

Max cuddled closer to Bino as the creature was making sounds. And the dog, who was still holding the cat in his hands, did the same from fear.

FLLLYYYYYHHHH” The creature let out a horrifying moan as it started to pull out its hands from ground. When its hands were on the surface, he started to get out.

Bino and Max’s fur entirely stood up as they were observing this. They were breathing rapidly, and from their mouths were coming out yowls as they were watching the creature trying to free itself.

If a monster suddenly appeared in the place where you buried a body, then there was only one explanation.

“ZZZOOOMMMMBBBIIIEEE!!!!!!” They both yelled in unision.

Bino, who was still holding Max in his arms, regained his motor functions and started to run for his life…

(A/N)

This chapter was supposed to be longer, but I will be away for 4 days and I cannot finish it, because I need some sleep for the trip. So you will have to wait this time =)
I was only worried to not make it… too creepy, I would say. I rated this fic PG, and I hope I haven’t went beyond it. But I guess that as long as moderator Kyderra won’t point any irregularity, everything is fine. I believe in his wisdom =)

Like I said above, I will be away for 4 days. I have a 4 days field that is organized by my school. We’re gonna live in a village where… gasp! There are no cars!
And we’re gonna sit there and do photos. I hope to make some for my teacher, who teaches us basics of photographing. Each semester, we have a different teacher. And unfortunately, this one prefers photos from genres that I don’t like. But well, I have to pass it.
I will miss all of you. And I believe that when I’ll come back, my fanfic will return to its original deadline. And I will have to catch up with other fics. I must read them.
We’ll see each other in Sunday. And when I will return, I will tell you how was it in my next update =)
I'm a bookworm!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Wow... A lot happened. Bino needs to stop letting spoiled Max have his way! :roll:

Awesome update, Karlos. I always love reading the next part! :D
My characters
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

I knew a trunk of a car would be more efficient...
Great update! Happy travelings!
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
valerio

Post by valerio »

I laughed my kidneys off! Revenge of the Zombie Matt, pure win!
Again a great characterization, and welcome back and have a nice trip. You know we love your work, Karlos :D :D
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

"Barney the Little Teddy" and zombie Matt? :lol: :lol: Great update and enjoy your trip Karlos.
loomCAT

Post by loomCAT »

This suddenly went from morbid to hilarious. ^^

Matt's not too pleased, is he? The poor fool. I wonder who will become hurt most among the three boys?

Meh, I don't care. They all deserve a fair amount of pain.
Karl

Post by Karl »

copper wrote:Wow... A lot happened. Bino needs to stop letting spoiled Max have his way! :roll:
A lot happened. But a lot of things will come too.

Think so? But on the other hand... ;)
copper wrote:Awesome update, Karlos. I always love reading the next part! :D
Ah, I'm so glad that you can't wait for next update :) I hope to write it this weekend. But first, I have some photos to do, like documentary. And that is not easy, because it requires style shift (I used to photograph people from distance, now I have to talk with them and ask their permission). But somehow, I caught inspiration to do artistic things. Just need to manage time :)
Russiarules1 wrote:Sometimes, the trunk of a car solves everything.
Enough said.

:D
Ah, I forgot to ask you. What does "a trunk of a car solves everything" mean? xD It's some saying.
valerio wrote:I laughed my kidneys off!
Val, be careful! I don't want you to end up being on dialysis because of me! xo
valerio wrote:Revenge of the Zombie Matt, pure win!
He came back. But what he will do now? Who knows, who knows... Maybe you know? ;) Or maybe that other guy who is nearby?
valerio wrote:Again a great characterization, and welcome back and have a nice trip. You know we love your work, Karlos :D :D
Course I know :) Just thinking about all of you makes my fingers tickle, because they want to type. I would even start today, but I have to study chemistry for tomorrow D=
But I will start. I will.
Barkeron wrote:"Barney the Little Teddy" and zombie Matt? :lol: :lol: Great update and enjoy your trip Karlos.
I couldn't resist to tease poor Bino a bit :)
And I'm glad my dear Barkeron that you really enjoyed this update. Always here to serve fun :)
loomCAT wrote:This suddenly went from morbid to hilarious. ^^
I was wondering what you will say about this update xD Because when you said that you're too shocked to say anything and you will wait for chapter 22 to give your opinion on this, you caught my attention :) Even scared me a bit, I would say.
loomCAT wrote:Matt's not too pleased, is he? The poor fool. I wonder who will become hurt most among the three boys?

Meh, I don't care. They all deserve a fair amount of pain.
Why you think all three of them deserve it? :) I'm really curious.
loomCAT wrote:The poor fool.
: ))))))))))
I'm a bookworm!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

That whole trunk of the car thing is just a reference to kidnapping, where the criminal stuffs a person or a body into a car to discreetly and quickly move it to the dumping ground/ safehouse is all, Karlos.
My characters
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

That ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

A-a-ah! A zombie! Grab the shovel, grab the chainsaw, grab the shotgun, grab the bottle with Holy water!
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

copper wrote:That whole trunk of the car thing is just a reference to kidnapping, where the criminal stuffs a person or a body into a car to discreetly and quickly move it to the dumping ground/ safehouse is all, Karlos.
Heh. I would never guess xD But I must admit, it sounds really intriguing :) Thanks for explaining this to me. Now I know something new :)
Sindorei wrote:A-a-ah! A zombie! Grab the shovel, grab the chainsaw, grab the shotgun, grab the bottle with Holy water!
You can also perform a dance a la Thriller ;)
I'm a bookworm!
theblackcateyes

Post by theblackcateyes »

Hey, Hi.

I just finished to read the first chapter. WOW i didn't expected that Bino sell idea, was impacting; really is shocking, I really liked and I'll keep reading, it's okay if i reply even about past chapters?

And i saw what you say about redaction, thanks and keep with that good work!.
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
Karl

Post by Karl »

theblackcateyes wrote:it's okay if i reply even about past chapters?
Yes, it's ok :)

And welcome aboard, new reader ;)
I'm a bookworm!
Karl

Post by Karl »

23. Dawn of the Matt

Bino didn’t know what was happening. Everything was too fast.

Trees, houses, shocked people, pets jumping aside to avoid collision… everything that appeared in front of his eyes was like smudgy painting, and it disappeared right after it appeared.

The only thing he was hearing was a whistle that was made because of the resistance of air.

And he didn’t care that he holds a terrified cat in his arms. Normally, such thing would never occur. But this time, it was like he wasn’t feeling anything. Like he wasn’t even running. Or panting.

His instinct took control over him. It was reminding him all the time that he’s in danger. And he must run to save his life. Not thinking about anything. Not looking behind his shoulder. Not caring about tiredness. Just running. As fast as he can.

And he really has to run fast. Max knows that best. He managed to look behind Bino’s shoulder and when he saw that horrible thing, he dig his nose to the dog’s fur from fear and gripped it tight with his hand.

The horrifying zombie was chasing them. It was waving its arms wildly and making horrifying sounds. Max couldn’t understand what it was yelling, but he could say that he heard something like ‘rip your tails off’ and ‘suffer’.

Max believed it was punishment itself that was chasing them. Matt returned as a zombie and now, he wants to get him to take him to the Ice Citadel, where Grandpa Frost will personally provide him with anguish, to punish him for all his sins.

But he did not want to meet with Grandpa Frost yet. He still wanted to live.

FASTER!!!” Max screamed on top of his lungs and started to punch Bino’s chest from nerves. “FASTER FASTER FASTER!!!

Bino, however, was not reacting. He wasn’t hearing Max, and he wasn’t feeling his punches. All what was important to him was to save his own life. And not get caught by zombie that was screaming some inhuman wails.

He knew that he’s behind him. He could almost feel his breath on his scruff. If it will get him, it will be the end of him.

He wasn’t tired either. He was running, but he couldn’t feel his legs. Adrenaline, that was being produced from fear and need for survive, was empowering him.

Then, he saw it. His hope for salvation.

The yellow house. With a brown porch.

His new house. And his new shelter that will protect him from everything that is dangerous.

It was in a distance. But after few seconds, he was in front of the frontal doors, with his hand on the golden knob.

He tried to turn it. But his hand was slipping all the time. Metallic sounds were audible as he was struggling with it.

He started to breath faster and cold shivers were running down his spine. Only few seconds and zombie will get him. He tried his best to grip firmly the knob, but his shaking hand was slipping all the time.

Max turned his face away from Bino’s chest and noticed that the dog has problems with opening the door. This only made him feel more panicked.

FOR SANTA’S SAKE!!!” Max yelled in terror and gripped Bino’s fur even tighter. “OPEN IT ALREADY!!!

The atmosphere was getting intense. Both pets were now almost hyperventilating. Bino was gritting his teeth, and Max was looking on the knob with his wide pupils.

Bino looked behind his back for a split second.

It was there. The zombie was already running up the porch, with his bony hands stretched out to him. Two steps and he will get him…

AAARRRGGHHH!!!!!!” The zombie yelled as it was about to grab Bino by his neck.

*click*

He did it! Bino managed to finally grip the knob firmly and turn it around!

But there was no time. As the door just slightly opened, he simply squeezed between door and the doorframe with Max in his arms.

As he was inside, he simply threw Max away and turned around to face the door.

*thamp!*

“Augh!” Max whined as he hardly landed on his butt on the floor.

Just when the zombie was about to reach the doors, Bino rapidly closed them.

*BAM!*

“UUUuuuuhhhhhhh” A muffled and lifeless sound came from the other side.

Bino quickly started to turn every lock.

He didn’t waste any time. When he finished with the lock, his fingers quickly went for another.

When he heard the last click, he let out a long sigh from relief.

All the tension that was building in his body was slowly fading away. Adrenaline was also going off, and Bino could feel how all of his muscles are trembling. His heart was not slamming like a jackhammer in his chest anymore, but he could feel how strongly it was beating.

He put his hand on his chest and bent down. He tried to calm his breath.

At last. They were safe. The door is locked solid and the horrifying zombie can’t reach them.

When Bino calmed down his breath, he turned to Max.

The cat was still sitting on the floor. He had a grimace on his face, and was massaging his rare side.

“That hurt…” Max hissed as he was still feeling pain from the hard landing.

Max then opened his eyes and looked at Bino, who was breathing deeply. Then, he glanced at the doors.

Max slowly stood up, still with his hand on his bruised bum. He closed his left eye and grinned.

“Well, heh. That was intense…” He said with slightly weak voice and sly smile, getting closer to Bino. “At least we’re safe now…”

*BAM!*

Something slammed the door hard. It was so powerful that the door vibrated.

Bino immediately turned to doors.

GRRRR!!!” Came a snarl from the other side.

Max was close to loose his consciousness from fear. He grabbed Bino by his shoulders and hid behind his back, like the dog was a shield. His ears were folded back and he was peeking through Bino’s shoulder with his huge eyes.

Bino could feel how Max was gripping tightly his shoulders, and how his hands were shaking. But he wasn’t scared. Instead, he placed his hands on his hips, tautened his chest and smirked.

“Hah! There’s no need to be afraid anymore.” Bino said with confidence in his voice. “He can’t breach through those doors!”

*sounds of twangs*

Bino’s ears suddenly perked up. His smile disappeared. He heard a quiet, metallic and scurfy sounds coming from the other side of the doors.

It appeared that zombie has keys, and tries to aim for hole of the lock.

The tension that was earlier in Bino’s body has returned, and it was more powerful this time. Adrenaline was circulating in his veins again, and his heart was going wild inside his chest. His ears were almost sticking to his cheeks, and he was slouching. He put his fingers into his mouth and started to bite his black claws.

He was watching, with horror in his eyes, how the first handle of the knob is turning.

That was not what was he expecting. He believed that when he will get behind those doors, he will be safe. But this hope started to turn into debris.

It was his only plan. His last resort to save his skin. Now, there’s no hope for him. Nothing can stop the zombie from getting its vengeance.

Max was also horrified. He was almost nailing his white fangs into Bino’s shoulder.

NO!” Max gripped Bino’s shoulders tighter, almost digging his claws into them. “DO SOMETHING!! YOU’RE THE WATCHDOG OF THE HOUSE!! SAVE US!!!

But Bino was not reacting. His brain stopped working properly from horror. All what he did was putting his hands on Max’s and squeeze them tightly.

*click!*

The first knob of the lock had turned, and one lock was unlocked. Then, the handle of the other lock, that was under the door knob, started to turn as well.

Bino snapped out from his suspense. He blinked and shook his head few times.

He started to look around.

At the wall was standing a hanger, that looked like some kind of a dresser. Few coats and jackets were hanging on it. Lower, were two shelves where different kinds of shoes were, all standing in one line, in pairs. Beside it was an old chair, probably to sit on it when someone wears his shoes on.

But what caught his attention, was a red cylinder that was standing on the other side of the hanger, with big handle and small barometer near it, and long, black pipe with a tube on its end. On its surface were big and white letters.

Bino read them:

FOAM FIRE EXTINGUISHER

He knew what that was. He was very familiar with it.

But there was no time to think about that. He heard another familiar click. The last lock has been opened and he only has few seconds to make any action.

He quickly took the cylinder into his arms. He unlocked the handle, took the tube into his hand and aimed for doors.

Both pets stopped breathing from tension. Bino could feel on his back how Max was shivering. His hand that was on the cylinder’s handle, was also trembling. He was ready to fire at any moment.

Only a second passed when the door have opened with speed, slamming the wall.

Zombie’s arms and legs were spread wide. Some mud was dripping from them. It had no face. Only a black hole in place where once were lips. When it made one step inside, it let out a loud moan.

Max closed his eyes and let out a scream, burying his face into Bino’s fur.

Bino was close to fall on his knees from fear. His arms started to tremble. But he managed to aim for zombie’s head.

G-GET AWAY… FROM MY HOUSE YOU MONSTER!!!” He barely yelled those words.

At first, his hand didn’t want to listen. But when zombie made another step, he focused on his hand and…

*PSSSSHHHHH*

A white foam erupted from the tube with incredible pressure. The zombie tried to cover its face with its hands, but it was too late.

“AUGH!” Zombie yelled as the white foam hit its face with enormous pressure, throwing it back to the porch.

Bino and Max watched with dish-sized eyes how the zombie flies away and lands hard on the wooden desks of the porch.

When the creature fell down on the floor, it let out a moan and stopped moving.

Bino was panting heavily, with the red cylinder almost hanging on his arms. Max was peeking through his shoulder with curiosity.

When they looked closer, they could see how the zombie was now white from top of its head to its shoulders. The foam that was now on its body, was lightly hissing.

“Nice shot.” Max said, not getting his glance off the zombie, that was now brown and white. “Where did you learn to use this?”

“Long story.” Bino replied, panting and looking at the zombie with gimlet eyes.

GHYYY!!!

The zombie quickly raised its head, and gasped for air. Then, it started to cough.

Bino gripped the area of his chest where his heart was beating strongly. He gripped it so tight like he was strying to prevent the organ from bursting out through his ribs.

When the zombie started to get on its feet, he closed the door with force. Then, he took the chair that was near the hanger and blocked the door by placing its back under the knob.

Poor Max didn’t know what to do. He was simply standing like a dummy in the center of the anteroom, entirely dumbstruck. The zombie still wanted to get them. The doors haven’t stopped this horrifying creature. And even the fire extinguisher couldn’t put it down for good.

He lost all of his hope. It was like he’s not able to escape his terrible fate. Now matter what he will do, nothing can stop the zombie from getting its revenge.

Bino stepped away from the door. Zombie started to slam it with its bare hands. And his slams were powerful, because the chair that was blocking the entrance started to move, and the doors started to slowly open…

Bino started to run out of ideas. The only thing that was left around here were shoes that were under the handler.

Bino clenched his fists and turned to Max.

“Max, we’ve got to-“

He stopped talking to him when he noticed that the cat is not paying attention.

Max was still standing there, gawking at the doors with big eyes and ears folded. His mouth was opened from grief and disappointment.

“Max, do you listen to me?!” Bino grabbed him by his arms and shook him violently.

It had no effect. Max was still paralyzed, and haven’t turn his glance off the slamming doors.

At this point, there was only one thing Bino could do. He stretched his arm, and aimed for Max’s cheek.

*slap!*

Max’s head turned by 90 degrees.

*slap!*

Bino slapped him once more, hitting other cheek this time. Just to make sure that his slapping will be effective.

And it was. Max closed his mouth, blinked, and his gaze went on Bino. He gawked at him for few seconds. Then, he shook his head.

“Thanks…” Max said, rubbing his cheek. “I needed that.”

When Bino made sure that Max regained his focus, he bent down and grabbed all shoes into his arms.

“Here, take some.” Bino said as he turned to Max, holding a pile of shoes in his arms. “When he will break through, start throwing them at him and try to slowly back away!”

Max glanced at the pile of shoes. He noticed that most of them are on heels.

Women…” Max couldn’t help to comment this in his mind. Then, he took some shoes from Bino.

Both pets turned to the doors, that were already almost opened. As the zombie was slamming with force to open them, Bino and Max could see how it was waving his hand in fury. It was really desperate to get in…

Bino started to feel really tired. Those waves of tension really worked on his condition. Everything between his eyes was blurring, so he had to blink stronger.

In his right arm, he was holding the ammo, while his left hand was raised, with a shoe prepared to be thrown.

“Bino?” The dog heard a quiet voice.

Bino turned his head and saw Max who was ready to assist him. His expression was really stern, and his hand that was holding a heel was trembling.

“If we won’t make it…” Max started to say.

Bino’s ears perked up a bit and his mouth slightly opened. Max’s tone was sounding really serious.

“Then… it was really nice to live with you.” Max said, not turning his glance from the door even once.

Bino gulped loudly. It sounded like they were not going to survive this encounter. He slowly turned his head toward the door and grimaced.

“Since you bring this up…” Bino said nervously. “I want to tell you something…”

Max felt a strange sensation in his chest. Like something was tickling his lungs with a soft feather. He turned his head a little to give Bino a quick glance.

Various thoughts started to flow through his mind. What will Bino tell him? A deep secret? What he really feels about others? Confession?

The tension inside his body was not only building up because of the zombie that will get inside in few seconds, but it was also fueled by curiosity.

“Max, I…”

Max was staring at the constantly being punched doors. He bit his lower lip as Bino pronounced his name.

“When we… were still living together… I…”

He couldn’t take it. Deep in his mind, he wished that Bino could spit it out already. What can he tell him in those final moments?

That he always liked him?

Is a close person to him?

He was like a brother to him?

He gave a quick glance again at Bino. He could see him licking and moving his lips, like he had difficulty to say what really is on his mind. When his glance went back on doors, only slams were audible.

“I sneaked into your room when you were gone. And I found some roughly drawn picture, where you hold some lioness in your arms.”

Max was caught totally off guard. He wanted to fell flat on the floor from astonishment. That totally was not what he was expecting to hear.

W-what??” Max turned his head to Bino with speed, his eyeballs almost getting out from their orbits.

Bino, however, was not looking at Max. He was focused on the frontal doors, prepared to fire at any time. But a wide smirk was going across his muzzle.

“I must say it was worth it!” Bino added with stronger accent. He lowered his head a bit and his smirk became wider. “You looked so tiny compared to her. You could barely reach her with her twig-like arms. And your faces looked like they were run over by a tank. And those pink hearts surrounding you… priceless!”

Max’s cheeks became red from shame. He knew exactly about what picture is talking about.

He remembers very well the scene from “Hope of the Pridelands” where his favorite character, Lord Parnok, grabs princess Illaya into his arms all of a sudden, and they look into each other’s eyes for long seconds. Max was imaginating sometimes in his bed that he is on Parnok’s place. That’s why he drew a picture and hid it under his pillow, so he could bring this beautiful imagination back during his daydreams.

“You… you were… rummaging in my room??” Max almost spitted those words out. He haven’t blinked even once.

“I couldn’t resist. Such occasion does not happen often, especially when you forget to lock the door when you go out.” Bino’s smirk turned into devilish grin “I wanted to show that picture at the Good Ol’ Dogs Club to share some laughs, but I forgot about it because of this mess with moving out. I still have it, though…” Bino turned his head to Max, showing him his white fangs as he was smiling evily.

Max’s expression was a mix of horror and anger. He had totally forgotten about the zombie that wants to torment him. He was feeling how his cheeks were burning from shame.

It just couldn’t get worse. Not only he fell on Matt, buried him, and now is being chased byhis zombie form. Bino just confessed to him that he found out his shameful secret, and he knew about this picture for a long time.

His fingers were twitching. He was even thinking to throw shoes at Bino, rather than on Zombie Matt.

BINO!!” Max cried out with high voice. “HOW COULD YOU-

*TWAMP!*

The chair that was blocking the door had fallen on the floor.

Both pets quickly forgotten about the topic they were discussing about. They strained their arm muscles and waited…

“Here he comes!” Bino said.

And the horrifying creature showed itself once again, opening the door with force. It was insanely wheezing, and white cream mixed with brown mud was dripping from its body.

Bino and Max did not hesitate. They started to throw shoes as the zombie.

“Ugh!” The zombie slouched and covered its face with its arms to protect itself from the assault.

Pets were throwing the shoes at the zombie with their full might. With each shot, they were slowly stepping back.

Although the zombie was not moving, shooting at it with shoes had no effect at all. It was still standing where it was, and each shoe that hit his body bounced like a gum ball. It seemed that Zombie Matt was indestructible.

It wasn’t long before they slowly started to run off from their ammo. When they both threw the last shoe at their foe, Bino grabbed Max by his paw and pulled him inside the house.

Everything what Bino used did not worked on the zombie. So there was only one thing he could do.

Bino stormed into the kitchen, pulling Max with him.

Mr. and Mrs. Sternfeld were inside. The lady of the house was standing in front of the oven and was mixing something. Mr. Sternfeld was near her. He was leaning against the kitchen unit, with a mug in his hand and with open newspaper in other.

Just when Bino stormed in, Mr. Sternfeld turned his glance from the newspaper and looked at the dog.

“Ah, finally!” Mr. Sternfeld said. “What were those-“

Mr. Sternfeld was unable to finish when both pets grabbed him by his white shirt and started to shake him violently.

DAD DAD DAD DAD!!!” Bino yelled in panic as he was pulling the man with all his might.

BINO’ S DAD BINO’ S DAD BINO’ S DAD BINO’ S DAD !!!” Max echoed him.

Mr. Sternfeld didn’t know what was going on. His body was wobbling constantly. He spilled out the hot liquid from his mug on the floor and the newspaper fell out from his hand.

“What’s going on??” Mr. Sternfeld said as his head was moving on sides.

Even Mrs. Sternfeld turned her gaze from the pots that were on oven and looked at the happening scene with shock.

Bino managed to grab Mr. Sternfeld by his collar and pull him down, so they could make a direct eye contact.

“Something terrible happened!!” Bino said with terrified voice, looking directly into the man’s eyes with his wide pupils. “Max fell on Matt and… and he…”

Max also grabbed Mr. Sternfeld by his collar and pulled him on his side.

“ImsorryIdidn’tmeantodothisitwasanaccident…” Max babbled, not even making a break to catch a breath.

Bino pulled Mr. Sternfeld back on his side.

“We buried him!!!” Bino said with eyes big like saucers. “And he returned as a zombie to take us to the Ice Citadel!!!”

Max pulled Mr. Sternfeld to his face again.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!” Max yelled directly into his face. “IT WAS UNINTENTIONAL!!!

*SLAP!*

On the edge of the entrance appeared a hand that was covered in mud. Few seconds later, a humanoid creature appeared, whole muddied and with a white foam on top of its body. It looked like it was about to collapse, as it was bending in waist and the things that were once hair were covering his face. His long and wheezy breaths were very audible.

Bino and Max immediately jumped behind Mr. Sternfeld to use him as their final shield.

ZOMBIE!!!!” They both jelled in unison.

Mr. Sternfeld wanted to cry out as he started to feel claws digging into his skin, but appearance of strange thing in front of his eyes had taken his voice away.

Even Mrs. Sternfeld, who always had a stoical peace in every situation, was looking at the creature with curiosity.

Bino and Max were shivering so much that even Mr. Sternfeld’s body was vibrating.

That was it. They were cornered. There was no escape. Their last barrier between them and the zombie was Mr. Sternfeld.

“It wasn’t me!” Bino said with desperation in his voice. “It was all his fault! I’m innocent! Take him instead of me!” He pointed his finger at Max.

“Please don’t do this!” Max begged, with ears folded. “I didn’t mean to! I’ll become a good cat, I swear! I’m too young and handsome to die!”

The zombie hung his head lower and wheezed.

I’m no zombie…” The zombie said with creepy voice.

For a moment, both pets stopped shivering. They turned their heads to face each other and blinked.

“Wow, he can talk.” Max said with amazement.

Shut up!”The zombie spoken once again, this time faster and accenting its words stronger.

When zombie shouted, Bino and Max’s heads lowered a bit as the sound hit their ears with impact.

The zombie calmed its breath. Then, it raised its head and slowly moved its hand down its face.

Max and Bino watched how on zombie’s face slowly appears a pair of blue eyes, nose and lips.

Mr. Sternfeld leaned a bit forward. He narrowed his eyes to examine the face, and when he realized who it was, his eyes grew wide and he placed two fingers on his moustache.

“Matt…” Mr. Sternfeld quietly said his son’s name. “What on earth happened to you?”

Matt made a deep breath and blinked strongly. His lips were alternately going from smile to grimace.

“That’s a good question.” Matt said with a sly smile. The edges of his lips and his left eyebrow were twitching. “Imagine that I was looking for my lovely and wonderful dog, as you requested. When I found him, instead of obeying me like a good dog should, he started to get snarky. And when I was about to teach him a lesson, everything suddenly went black.”

When Matt finished, silence was in entire room. Even Bino and Max stopped breathing.

And then, a nasty expression appeared on Matt’s face. Blood veins were visible on the surface of his eyeballs.

“And guess what! I woke up buried deep in ground! With soil getting into my eyes and without air! Do you have any idea what trauma I experienced there?!? They just buried me like I was some dog’s bone!!!

When Matt started to yell, Bino and Max were totally hidden behind Mr. Sternfeld’s back.

“But Matt…” Bino started to say quietly, peeking behind Mr. Sternfeld. “We only tried to help you…”

BY BURYING ME ALIVE???” Matt yelled on top of his lungs and swung his arms in air. “WHAT BLASTED INTO YOUR HEAD TO GET SUCH IDEA!!!

“Honey, careful!” Mrs. Sternfeld said, stretching out her arm and covering her lips. “You’re spreading dirt everywhere!”

Mrs. Sternfeld was right. Mud was dripping from Matt’s dirty clothes constantly, and a brown puddle was already starting to grow under his feet. And when he was swinging his arms, a brown spots were appearing on freshly cleaned tiles.

Bino thought that his ears will fell off his head. He believed that he had good intentions. And yet, Matt is complaining as always.

“Well…” Max placed his hand on his chest and let out a sigh of relief. “At least you’re alive.” He finished with a grin.

Max’s words only fueled Matt’s rage. The teen clenched his fists tight.

“Don’t be so happy about it, fleabag.” He said with murky tone, pointing his finger at the cat. “Because nothing will save you from torments I will provide you with.”

Max gulped loudly and hid once again behind Mr. Sternfeld’s wide back.

Then, Matt directed his finger at Bino.

“I knew it…” Matt’s eyes were almost popping out, as he was giving a cold glare at his dog. “I knew you’re in collusion! The day when I learned that you both lived together, I knew you will team up to ruin my life for fun! And I was right! You think burying someone alive is fun, huh?!?. But you’ll just wait… when I’ll deal with your friend, you will be next to witness my wrath…

Bino would tell him what he thinks about Matt’s words, but he was too scared. He could almost feel Matt’s pure anger on his skin. Instead, he only hugged Mr. Sternfeld stronger.

Mr. Sternfeld could feel by his body how scared the pets were. He instinctively put his hands on their shoulders to protect them.

“Matthew, calm down.” Mr. Sternfeld said to his son with stern voice. “There’s no need to yell at them. I’m sure we can solve this without unnecessary nervousness.”

Matt couldn’t believe his ears. He was knocked out cold. He got buried alive. The door slammed right into his face. He got treated by a fire extinguisher. And then, he got assaulted by a swarm of flying shoes. So what his dad is talking about??

But daaad!” Matt whined and stamped strongly with his foot. “Just look at me! Look what they have done to me! My whole clothes are ruined! I won’t get my jacked cleaned for ages!!! They deserve punishment for what they did to me!!!” He finished his sentence by raising his fist at the level of his chin.

Mr. Sternfeld only shook his head. Everything was too confusing to him, and nervous atmosphere was not helping him to get his thoughts into one piece.

“Look son. I will talk to boys about this in calm way.” He said with peaceful voice. “And meanwhile, go to the bathroom and clean yourself. You both are already late for dinner and we’re still waiting.”

Matt’s fists loosened and his arms were now dangling like ropes. Astonishment and disbelief was in his eyes, and his mouth was moving all the time, like he was about to say something. Then, his gaze went on Bino who was burying his muzzle into Mr. Sternfeld’s flesh. The dog was looking at him with butter eyes, like he tried to prove in this way that he’s innocent.

But Bino felt then that he has advantage over Matt. Mr. Sternfeld was at his and Max’s side, and now there was no way that Matt can lay his finger on him. So he showed the teen his pink tongue to express his feelings towards him.

At this moment, Matt thought he’s going to explode like a bomb. Bino was brash, and was making fun of him. But there was nothing he could do. Dad was protecting him. So all he could do was to give him a warning glare.

Then, the bump of his head had reminded him of its presence on the top of his head.

“Ghh, fine. Whatever.” Matt said as his eyes full of anger went on his dad. “I… I’ll just… go take a shower… and take some painkillers, or my head will explode like a nuke.” Matt’s angry expression worn off of his face and he rubbed his forehead. “But I’ll deal with you later anyways…” He pointed his finger at Bino once again. Then, he left.

But after some time, his hand showed at the entrance and he pointed his finger at both pets for the last time. After that, the hand disappeared and loud footsteps could be heard.

“But don’t take too long, okay sonny?” Mrs. Sternfeld said loudly so Matt could her. “I’m going to serve roast soon.”

The only reply was a grunt and a slam of the bathroom doors.

Mr. Sternfeld sighed and stroked his hair. Then, he looked on both Bino and Max.

“Okay.” He said calmly. “Someone can explain me what happened?”

Bino begun to explain to Mr. Sternfeld everything what occurred that day. Of course, he haven’t mentioned anything about what happened at the Good Ol’ Dogs Club, because he was feeling embarrassed about this matter. He told how he met Max, how Matt found him and started to complain and what happened when Max fell on the teen and knocked him out.

“… so I started to poke him with a stick, but he was not moving.” Bino explained to Mr. Sternfeld, avoiding eye contact with him. “And because Max was all panicked and scared of what he did, we decided to bury him…”

Mr. Sternfeld wrapped his arm around Bino’s shoulders.

“Bino, why have you done such thing?” Mr. Sternfeld asked him.

Bino linked his hands together and his arms went up a bit.

“Because I saw in TV that people do such thing when someone is not moving.” Bino said with sad voice. “And I thought I’m doing the right thing…”

Mr. Sternfeld couldn’t help but to chuckle at this moment. Then, he squatted and put his hands on Bino’s arms.

Bino was still avoiding eye contact. He had a feeling he did something bad and he can get punished now.

“So you buried Matt because you saw something in TV?” He said with a slight smile.

“Uh huh.” Bino slowly nodded his head.

Mr. Sternfeld snickered under his nose and rubbed Bino’s arms. Max came closer to Mr. Sternfeld’s side and was listening with attention.

“Listen Bino. Whatever you see in TV, it’s not always true.”

“For real?” Mrs. Sternfeld said behind her husband’s back with astonishment.

Mr. Sternfeld gave her a quick glance of embarrassment. Then, his eyes went back on Bino.

“Bino, when next time something bad will happen and someone needs help, you must find someone adult and ask him for help.” Mr. Sternfeld explained to the dog.

Bino’s eyes opened wide as he heard that. He break through his embarrassment and looked at Mr. Sternfeld.

“So he can help me dig a pit?” He asked.

“NO.” Mr. Sternfeld squeezed Bino’s arms tighter as the dog was missing the point. “You need to find someone adult so he can call for help. You understand?”

Bino was not understanding at all. Everything was confusing to him. He did the same as it was in TV hoping that he’s doing the right thing. And Mr. Sternfeld tells him that TV lies sometimes? But how can it lie? In what way? He watched TV so many times, and he believed in many things that were shown there.

But Bino started to feel tired of this conversation. A lot of things happened so sudden today and he wanted to rest. So he hung his head low and let out a sigh.

“Yeah, I guess so…” He muttered under his nose.

“Never bury anyone when someone lost his consciousness. You could hurt Matt by this.” Mr. Sternfeld continued. “That’s why you must find someone adult for help, so he can check on the person’s condition and call for the ambulance if needed. Ok Bino?” He added with a warm tone.

Bino nodded as he was still looking at the floor.

Mr. Sternfeld smiled as he stroked Bino’s fur on his back.

“Good dog.” He lightly clapped Bino’s back, making his tail to wag slightly. Then he stood up and whipped his forehead with his arm, proud for settling peace.

And then, Mrs. Sternfeld appeared behind Max, grabbed him by his arms and pushed him closer to hear.

“And since we have a cute little guest here, why won’t we ask him to stay with us for dinner?” She said with a soft voice and begun to stroke Max behind his ear.

At first, Max was surprised when Mrs. Sternfeld put her hands on his shoulders and pushed him closer to her pink apron. But when he started to feel her gentle scratches behind his ear, a wide smile appeared on his muzzle and he closed his eyes.

“Hmm…” Max murmured. “How can I say ‘no’ to such tempting proposition…” When he finished, he started to move his head so other areas near his ear can also get scratched by Mrs. Sternfeld’s long nails.

Bino draw his head up and glanced at Max and Mrs. Sternfeld. When he saw her giving the cat pleasure, and Max smiling from pure bliss, envy started to feel his heart.

It wasn’t too long before he grabbed Max by his arm and begun to pull him in direction of where exit was.

Max was brutally snapped from the land of pleasure as Bino pulled his arm.

“Max has done too much for today.” He said with a grumpy face. “Now he needs to go home and get some rest.”

Max then realized that Bino was jealous. So he snickered and tried to resist his pulling.

“Oh, throwing me out so soon?” Max said with playful tone, closing one eye and pulling out his tongue. “But I was just invited for dinner…”

“No, you’re going home.” Bino said coldly, pulling Max’s arm stronger.

Max leaned his head closer to Bino’s ear.

“Someone here is jealous…” He said quietly to his dangling ear.

“I’m not jealous!” Bino’s cheeks became red.

“Bino is jealous! Bino is jealous!” Max chanted.

Shut up!

When they left the kitchen, Max’s scoffs and Bino’s whines could still be audible.

Mr. and Mrs. Sternfeld looked at each other. At this point, the only thing they could do was to simply shrug and return to their business. After few seconds passed, they heard a door slam…

(A/N)

Wanted to update earlier so I could return to original deadline. Unfortunately, I had some business to take care of and I had to study for test.
What test? I had to write about large format camera. What types are, functions, lens law and Sheimpflug’s laws.
I must say that this camera is really interesting. It kinda reminds of those from XIX century. You need to cover it if you wanna see what’s on focusing screen. And it takes some time to set it up properly. But it’s worth it. Especially when it comes to architecture. It allows the photographer to take a snapshot of the building without any distortion, because you can move the lens and the focusing screen thanks to special bellows. Unfortunately, such toy is expensive and I touched this camera only once.
This weekend going to festival of photography. So I won’t be from Saturday to Sunday. Dunno how it will be there, maybe some interesting guest will have his presence.

Oh, and to make you feel better… for next update, I’ve planned something special =)
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

I'm so happy for your test, and I'm even happier that you planned something special... But for the sake of dear me, I can't imagine what it could be, karlos! I mean, you put a TRUCKLOAD of epicness in this update already! Mmm, worth, much worth the waiting! :D :D :D
Karl

Post by Karl »

valerio wrote:I'm so happy for your test, and I'm even happier that you planned something special... But for the sake of dear me, I can't imagine what it could be, karlos! I mean, you put a TRUCKLOAD of epicness in this update already! Mmm, worth, much worth the waiting! :D :D :D
There's never enough of epicness xD
I'm a bookworm!
theblackcateyes

Post by theblackcateyes »

Hey, I just finished to read the second chapter, sorry I'm very busy right now :(

And i like it very much, the part of the jealousy Bino was great, that part let us see the real Bino!!
Keep that work
I need to read the other 24 chapters jajaja

Good vibrations
TBCE
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
Karl

Post by Karl »

theblackcateyes wrote:Hey, I just finished to read the second chapter, sorry I'm very busy right now :(

And i like it very much, the part of the jealousy Bino was great, that part let us see the real Bino!!
Keep that work
I need to read the other 24 chapters jajaja

Good vibrations
TBCE

Take your time :) I'm not hassling you :) Duties first, then fun.

Actually, 21 chapters for you to go ;)
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

mmMMMM: epic AND long fanfic,
You know how to treat us, Karlos! :D :D
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

valerio wrote:mmMMMM: epic AND long fanfic,
You know how to treat us, Karlos! :D :D

This. ^
Karl

Post by Karl »

Filler

Once again, Matt was forced to go outside with Bino.

He wished he would stay in his room and do some things on his computer. But as always, his father had to be concerned about his lack of fresh air and had to throw him out.

With a dog that brings upon him disasters.

Matt and Bino weren’t talking to each other as they were wandering around the neighborhood. Bino was frowning and was looking around with his arms crossed. Matt also was looking elsewhere, praying in his mind to return to his house as fast as it is possible.

And that’s how it would look like all the time. Both of them just walking, without saying any word and pretending to not see each other.

But not this time.

When Bino was looking around, his glance went for a moment at the sidewalk, and a beam of light striked his left eye, forcing him to close it shut. When he opened it, he noticed that something glittering was lying on the sidewalk.

As both Bino and Matt were getting closer to the glitter, Bino looked carefully at it.

He noticed that the glittering object was actually a golden coin and was reflecting the sunlight.

Bino bowed and stretched his hand out to grab it. And just when his fingers were getting closer to the golden coin, something pulled him by his wrist with force, causing him to draw up.

“H-hey!” Bino said loudly and turned his face to Matt.

Matt’s gloved hand was holding Bino’s wrist in a firm grip, raising his arm high. He had a stern expression.

“Hmph, no one ever told you that it’s inappropriate to pick from the ground??” Matt said arrogantly.

“Ugh, what?” Bino replied, frowning at Matt. “I only wanted to pick this coin!”

“It doesn’t matter.” Matt gripped Bino’s wrist tighter. “You dogs love to pick everything that you find on the ground, and then you bring back bacteria and other nasty stuff. So don’t pick anything from ground because it’s dirty. Got it?” Matt dragged Bino closer and looked directly into his eyes.

At first, Bino didn’t know what to say. He wasn’t about to pick up a stick, used can or other junk that people believe all dogs love to get into their teeth. He only wanted to pick up the golden coin.

But he realized there was no use as he was looking at Matt’s cold glare. There’s no way he will change his mind, no matter what arguments he will use to prove that a single coin won’t bring the epidemic of malaria to the house. Matt will always defy him, no matter what kind of absurd it will be.

“Fine…” Bino snorted and looked away.

“Good. Perhaps there’s still chance to tame you.” Matt replied and he let go of Bino’s wrist.

Then, they returned to their stroll.

Bino had his arms crossed and was piercing the ground with his glance. He was feeling offended at Matt and he also started to hope to go back home soon, so he won’t be accompanied by his arrogant owner.

And then, he felt that he stepped on some paper. When he lifted his foot, he saw a 10$ banknote lying on the ground.

Bino couldn’t believe his eyes. Ten bucks! What luck he has!

No one had to tell him twice what to do. He rapidly squatted and when he reached for the banknote with his open hand…

“Ahem.”

Bino immediately froze. After few seconds, he turned his head to Matt, slightly opening his mouth.

Matt had his fists on his waist and was stamping with his foot.

“What I just said five minutes ago?” Matt said sternly.

Bino’s eyes grew wide and his green irises were shining

But ten dollars…” He said weakly.

“That it’s inappropriate to pick from the ground.” Matt threw sharply. “You just can’t get it, can’t you.”

Bino looked at ten bucks, and his gaze went back on Matt.

“But-“ Bino pointed at the banknote.

The only reply he gained was a cold and stern expression.

Bino clenched his fists and gritted his teeth.

“I get it!” Bino said strongly. Then, he stood up and started to walk away, stepping loudly.

Matt was looking for a moment at Bino, who was now walking away. When the brown dog made some distance, evil grin appeared on his face and he rubbed his hands against each other with speed. When he was sure that Bino is not paying any attention, he quickly picked the banknote and put it into his pocket. Then, he started to follow Bino.

Sucker.” He whispered under his nose, smirking.

The poor dog was now close to the edge of loosing his temper. A golden coin was one thing, but not allowing him to pick up ten bucks was way over the line.

With ten dollars, he wouldn’t have to worry about candy supplies for whole month. Or he would just waste them by getting enormous amount of ice cream scoops at the ice cream parlor.

No. Matt had to ruin everything with his inappropriate to pick from ground motto. Bino wanted to grab Matt by his clothes and throw him to the lions, just to make sure he won’t say that again.

And when Bino was deep in his toughs and imagining what kind of torments he would give to the evil teen, just in time he noticed a disparity on the sidewalk and jumped over it.

*BAM!*

“Augh!”

Bino turned around to see what happened behind him.

Matt haven’t noticed the disparity that was on the sidewalk and tripped on it. Now, he was slowly getting on his fours.

“Aiii, stupid sidewalk!” Matt complained as he was rubbing his forehead. “Even the richest man on this planet can’t afford to make sidewalks right…”

After rubbing his forehead few times and letting out some hisses of pain, Matt looked up and glanced at Bino.

“Well, what are you waiting for?” Matt said angrily, still holding his hand on his forehead. Then, he stretched it out to Bino. “Help me stand up!

Bino slowly approached Matt, who was on his all fours and was glaring at him. His eyes went on the open hand that was stretched out to him, and then on Matt’s face. When they both made an eye contact, Bino grinned and one of his white fangs flashed.

“It’s inappropriate to pick from the ground.” Bino said playfully to Matt, causing his eyes to open wide from astonishment. Then, he turned around, raised his chin proudly and started to walk away.

Ther only thing Matt could do was to hung his head low and hit the ground hard with his fist.

(A/N)

Fillers are short and silly stories that I come up with sometimes. They will appear from time to time, if I will get some idea for something short. By this, I will be cleaning my mind, and providing you with a bit of fun at the same time.
Of course, I still work on the promised update =) But I felt a need to give you something light to read.
I'm a bookworm!