valerio

Re: Housepets: Matt

Post by valerio »

ok, no prob here. *discreetely gnaws at nails with a typing machine-soud*
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

That's alright, karlos. We can wait. It is really good.

More fillers? If they are anything like the last one, I will wait, but won't be happy about it. :roll:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Karl

Post by Karl »

18. Bureaucracy and law

*DING DONG*

“So he’s here…” Mr. Sternfeld thought to himself. He gulped and proceeded to the anteroom.

He was very nervous. He could feel the cold sweat on his forehead and nape. In few seconds, before him will stand Mr. Milton, one of the richest and most influential multibillionaire on this world. Is he prepared to meet a person that is so much powerful? Won’t this man feel strange in his little, as for middle-class standards, house?

He corrected his tie and shirt. First impression must be the best.

Don’t show any signs of nervousness.

He placed his hand on the handle. He took a deep breath… and he opened the door.

Before him was standing a nattily clothed Afro-American man, with a brown suitcase in his hand.

“Good Morning. Is this the house of the Sternfeld family?” The man asked politely, correcting his glasses with his hand.

Mr. Sternfeld didn’t know why, but at the sign of the man’s warm smile, all his poise vanished and he started to feel a chill inside of his body.

“Y-yes…” Mr. Sternfeld said shyly and a bit unnatural. “Yes. I am Stanley Sternfeld. And…”

The man smiled warmly as he heard that he’s at the right house.

“It’s really nice to meet you, mister Sternfeld.” The man said with a friendly tone and stretched his hand out for handshake. “I am Herman Steward, and I’m send here by mister Keene Milton to take care of the adoption procedure.”

Mr. Steward’s reply surprised Mr. Sternfeld.

“I thought that Mr. Milton will come here personally.” Mr. Sternfeld said as he shook hands with Mr. Steward.

“Yes, Mr. Milton was actually going to be here.” Mr. Steward replied. “Unfortunately, he has some… businesses to take care off.” When he said that, his tone slightly changed. “That’s why he authorized me to take care of all formalities. But there’s no need to worry, Mr. Sternfeld. I’ll help with everything and the entire procedure will go without any complications.”

Mr. Sternfeld felt disappointed that he got no chance to see a real money shark on his own eyes. But on the other hand, he also felt relieved. The psychical load was removed off him.

“Oh, my apologizes. Please come in.” Mr. Sternfeld moved to make a way for his guest and Mr. Steward went inside.

Mr. Sternfeld led his guest to the living room. Mrs. Sternfeld went out from the kitchen to see who came to the house. Mr. Sternfeld came closer to her and put his arm on his wife’s shoulders.

“This is my wife, Alice.” Mr. Sternfeld said to Mr. Steward, introducing his wife. “Honey, this is Mr. Herman Steward. He came here to legalize Bino’s adoption.”

Mr. Steward approached Mrs. Sternfeld. He held her hand delicately and kissed it.

“It’s pleased to meet you, madam.” Mr. Steward said to her as he let go of her hand.

Mrs. Sternfeld blushed and covered her lips with her fingers. She was really impressed of Mr. Steward’s manners.

“Such gentleman.” Mrs. Sternfeld said with a warm smile. “I am really honored to have such guest in my house. Would you like a tea or coffee, Mr. Steward?”

“If it wouldn’t be a problem, I would like to get tea, madam.” Mr. Steward replied politely.

“Okay. Tea will be prepared soon.” Mrs. Sternfeld replied with friendly tone. “Meanwhile, please take a rest on our sofa and feel comfortable.” She turned around and went back to the kitchen.

Mr. Steward approached the sofa and sat down. He opened his suitcase and took out some documents.

“You have a wonderful wife, Mr. Sternfeld.” Mr. Steward said to him as he put his suitcase at the side of the sofa and placed the documents on the glassed table. “You’re a very lucky man.”

Mr. Sternfeld’s cheeks became red. He placed his finger under his nose and smiled shyly.

“We also have two sons.” Mr. Sternfeld said. “Older is already living on his own. And our younger still lives with us. He’s the one who will become a… parent, as you say here.”

“Oh, so he’s the lucky one.” Mr. Steward was interested. “Will it be his first pet?”

“Yes, it will be his first time. We couldn’t adopt a pet earlier because our elder son has allergy on animal fur. But since he moved out, it’s not a problem anymore. And since Babylon Gardens is a pet friendly community, we don’t want to be any different and we want to show that we can be good owners too. Maybe I will call our son so you can meet him.”

Mr. Sternfeld turned his head in direction where stairs were.

Matt! Our guest came!” Mr. Sternfeld said loudly.

Only silence replied to him. Mr. Sternfeld sighed.

“As always… Matt!!

Yeah, yeah. I’m coming…” A reply came from upper floor.

After few seconds, there were sounds of heavy footsteps and Matt showed himself in the living room.

It took him a lot of effort to clean his black jacket from muddy footprints and other trails of mud. Not to mention his hands that were treated by corrosive detergents. But now, his leather jacket was all clean, sharp spikes on shoulders were shining and Matt was able to scare his foes once again.

“This is our son, Matthew.” Mr. Sternfeld introduced him.

Mr. Steward placed his fingers on his glasses and corrected them as he was glancing at Matt. His appearance made him feel a little abashed, but he managed to smile.

“Nice to meet you, young man.” He said as he nodded for greeting.

“Yeah, sure is.” Matt replied with bored expression, also nodding his head. “So, can we start already?”

“Well, I think we still have to wait for the previous owner of your adopted pet.” Mr. Steward replied, pretending to not notice Matt’s unpolite behavior. He looked at his watch. “And I hope he won’t be late.”

*DING DONG*

“That must be him.” Mr. Sternfeld said and went out of the living room to see who came.

Matt and Mr. Steward were left alone. The teen was trying to avoid any eye contact with the guest. He placed his hands behind him and was looking at all objects that were around him.

“So, you’re going to be an owner of a pet for the first time in your life.” Mr. Steward broke the awkward silence. “How do you feel about it?”

Matt wished that Mr. Steward wouldn’t open his mouth at all. He didn’t want to talk with him. He didn’t even want to be here. But since the question was spoken, he had no choice but to answer.

“Well, let’s say that it fell upon me all of a sudden…” Matt said vaguely.

- - - - - - - - - -

“Officer Bill? Did something happened?”

Mr. Sternfeld was really surprised and a little scared. In front of him was standing an enormous pile of overgrown muscles, barely fitting in police uniform. He has to look up if he wants to see Officer Bill’s squared jaw. Is he here because Matt has already done something bad?

“Not yet.” Bill’s strong voice belled in Mr. Sternfeld’s ears. “ But I’m here to make sure that the adoption process will go right. Especially after I received a call that there were some screams coming from this house…” He leaned closer to Mr. Sternfeld, making the poor man to feel even more poorly. “After all, I’m in charge of this neighborhood, so it’s my duty to keep my eye on everything. Including you, Mr. Sternfeld.”

“Oh, I see.” Mr. Sternfeld was barely able to reply. “Please come in. Mr. Steward is already here.”

Officer Bill went inside, passing the pale Mr. Sternfeld.

- - - - - - - - - -

When Officer Bill appeared in the living room, Matt’s eyes almost fell from their orbits. He preferred to continue uneasy conversation with Mr. Steward right now than seeing this gym junkie.

“Hello Bill.” Mr. Steward greeted him with smile. “It’s nice to see you.”

“I hope you don’t mind that I’m here, Mr. Steward.” Bill replied to him. “I just wanted to see Bino’s new dad personally…” He turned his head in direction where Matt was standing. Then, he approached the boy.

For Matt, officer Bill was really huge. He was so big that he thought that Bill will lean forward and collapse on him. Because of his helmet that was reminding him of Robocop ( and they were really similar, in his opinion), he wasn’t even able to see his eyes. And that was making the cop to look frightening. At this moment, Matt wanted to magically vanish.

“So you are Matthew.” Matt shuddered as Bill’s voice echoed in his head. “I have read very interesting things about you when I was checking your files. And Fido gave me his relation of his meeting with you. You really like to cause trouble, don’t you. Then listen to me boy, this is a very peaceful neighborhood and I want it to remain peaceful. Do we understand each other?”

Matt was aware of Bill, but as he heard officer’s opinion about him, he frowned.

“Why I’m the one who is already a suspect?” Matt said with his arms crossed. “I haven’t done anything so far and I’m already a criminal…”

Bill’s hand felt heavily on Matt’s shoulder. It was so powerful that Matt thought he will get hammered into the ground. Bill’s grip was also very firm. Matt felt like his clavicle can get crushed at any moment.

“I am not accusing you. Just warning you. Because I have my methods for bad boys.”

“Yes, I understand…” Matt replied, his hate being mixed with fear.

- - - - - - - - - -

Bino was looking over himself in the mirror. He brushed his fur and he was looking normally again. When he checked that everything is okay, he grabbed his collar that he cleaned earlier and wore it.

At first, he was really scared of taking a bath. Especially from Matt. He didn’t know what kind of evil things could have happen. But at the end, it was okay. Even being clean was making him feel nice.

He looked into the mirror for the last time and went out from the bathroom.

As he appeared in the living room, all eyes went on him.

“And here is our star of the show.” Matt said sarcastically.

Bino glanced at everyone. He liked when his presence was catching everyone’s attention, but at this moment, it was making him feel awkward. Like he was some clown in center of the arena in circus and everyone awaits when he will do something goofy.

“Matt was having a little problem today because Bino returned all dirty.” Mr. Sternfeld tried to lighten up the atmosphere. “But as you can see, he fulfilled his duty pretty well.” He said with proud.

“Yes, I’m sure it was troublesome.” Officer Bill glared at Bino. “Fox also returned home in similar condition...”

Then we have something in common…” Matt muttered under his nose.

Bill heard that and shot a glare at Matt. The teen became pale and looked somewhere else.

Bino came at Matt’s side and grinned.

Don’t worry. Bill won’t hurt you. Unless you will try to abuse me and he will break you in half.” He said to him quietly, smirking.

You don’t want to to give me a reason to abuse you…” Matt talked back to him.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Sternfeld went out from the kitchen. She approached the glassy table and she put a cup of tea and plate with cookies on it.

“I also brought you cookies that I baked myself, Mr. Steward.” She said. “I hope you will like them.”

“That’s really nice, madam. I’m really pleased of your kindness.” Mr. Steward replied with a smile. Then, he took a sip of his tea and returned to examination of his papers.

Mrs. Sternfeld noticed then that Bill is inside. She approached him and smiled warmly.

“Oh, Officer Bill!” She said cheerfully. “I didn’t know you would come here. I would’ve prepared something special for you. And your chin always amazes me. It looks so big and square.”

Matt and Mr. Sternfeld felt a jolt going thought their bodies, while Mr. Steward and Bino tried not to laugh.

Officer Bill only hung his head to cover his blush and embarrassment.

“I’m pleased to see you too, madam.” He said shyly.

Matt came to his mother’s side, trying to not get Bill’s attention.

Mom, don’t say such things…” He whispered to her ear. “You give me a hard time sometimes, but I don’t want to loose you yet.

*DING DONG*

“That must be mister Jeff. I’ll go open the doors.” Mr. Sternfeld said and went out of the room.

“He is late. As always.” Bill went out of his embarrassment and looked at his watch. “He was supposed to be here fifteen minutes ago. What took him so long this time?”

As Bill was glancing at his watch, Matt quickly returned to the place where he was standing earlier.

Bino noticed that Matt is aware of Bill. He could even say that from his scent. He rubbed his paws against each other and smiled mischievously. Officer Bill is Matt’s weakness. And he can use this fact if Matt will try to give him a hard time.

There were sounds of footsteps coming from the anteroom. Mr. Sternfeld showed himself in the entrance to the living room and entered. He was followed by Jeff.

Bino and Jeff made an eye contact.

“Dad…” Bino said, lowering his head and glaring at his previous owner.

Then, a black paw appeared on Jeff’s arm and Max leaned from behind him.

“Max…” Matt muttered as he saw the cat that caused him so much trouble yesterday.

Max only grinned and waved to Matt.

(A/N)

I was so busy this weekend. Since I was so sick during this week and I was on antibiotics, I had some stuff to do. That’s why it took me so long to make this update. I actually cut it in half. But I couldn’t make you wait any longer. It’s impolite to do this to you.
But now, there’s no need to be worried. I am not sick anymore and I’m regaining control over everything. I have two tests in school that I’ve missed, but I will write them. Also, I will regain control over updates now.
I must confess, that I was in crisis, as you can see by this chapter and by delays. Not only because of lack of time. I had huge problems with concentration. I was unable to focus in writing. It was always taking me a lot of time to write because I was constantly being attacked by various thoughts.
However, I was able to surpass this thanks to you. That’s why I assure you that from now on, everything will be fine. Because of you, I think positively and I believe that everything is going forward.
So I can only say… stay tuned! ; )
Last edited by Karl on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a bookworm!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Ooh, Bino found a way to torture Matt

Maxjust loves all of this, huh? Oh how Matt and Bino will bond over that.

I have a bad feeling abut this update. :lol:
My characters
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Let's see... we have Matt, Bino, Max, and Officer Bill in one room together. Sparks are gonna fly. :twisted:

And now, I continue my quest to nitpick.
he wasn’t even able to see his eyes. And that was making him terrifying.
Makes it sound like Officer Bill's helmet is turning Matt into something frightening. It should probably be terrified.

And... that's it. That is quite literally the only mistake I saw. At this point, I really wouldn't be able to tell that English isn't your first language. :D
valerio

Post by valerio »

To quote Peanut and Grape... *EXPLOSION!*
Karl

Post by Karl »

copper wrote:I have a bad feeling abut this update. :lol:
Me too. I'm even scared to think about it xD
Coatl_Ruu wrote:Makes it sound like Officer Bill's helmet is turning Matt into something frightening. It should probably be terrified.
You're right. I used the wrong term. I will make correction when I'll come back from school :)
Coatl_Ruu wrote:And... that's it. That is quite literally the only mistake I saw. At this point, I really wouldn't be able to tell that English isn't your first language. :D
Then I'm glad :) I still check into dictionary often, but this time, I wasn't being blocked because I was unable to form the sentence.
And if you say that, then I believe that everything is going right :)
valerio wrote:To quote Peanut and Grape... *EXPLOSION!*
Heh, now this image will be in my head until this day will come to an end xD
I'm a bookworm!
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

I think Bino and Matt found themselves something in common - they both hate Max for pranking on them. This will surely melt the ice between them
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

Sindorei wrote:I think Bino and Matt found themselves something in common - they both hate Max for pranking on them. This will surely melt the ice between them
I've noticed that some people say that Bino and Matt will work together against Max. That's interesting. Really interesting. I have to keep that in mind.
Also: welcome aboard, new reader ;)
I'm a bookworm!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Note to readers:

The new chapter is almost finished, but I will be able to complete it in monday. That's because I have a lot of work to do in school and I need to focus on that. I will have a test from history about photography soon and I had to study for it. Also, I will have to show soon some photos for first pass/fail. So this weekend I was doing a lot of photos with my traditional camera and I had to spend some time in dark room to develop the negatives and then make copies on paper. So as you see, it's not easy. So I would like to ask you to cheer for me so I can pass :)

Karlos
I'm a bookworm!
Karl

Post by Karl »

19. Ceremony

An awkward silence was filling the room as Jeff and Max showed up. No one moved, only breaths could be heard. Like the newcomer’s presence froze the time.

Bino was glaring at the person who was previously his owner, and now is a traitor in his eyes. Just looking at Jeff was making his innards twist.

Matt was also glaring, but not at Jeff. His hatred was focused on the black cat that was behind Jeff and was glancing at him.

Max could feel the anger that was pouring from the rebellious teen’s body. Matt must remember their last meeting when they were outside. When Max thought about it, he grinned mischievously to Matt and send him a wink, making the boy to feel more angry.

Officer Bill was first to break the silence.

“At last! What took you so long?” Bill said as he approached Jeff. “You were supposed to be here fifteen minutes ago.” He finished firmly, with his arms crossed.

Jeff’s lazy glance went on Bill. As he saw the policeman looking at him with his chin raised high, his eyes widened a bit. He felt now like a little boy that had done something bad and his mother is waiting for his explanation.

“Well…” Jeff started to say. “I was going to be here on time, but Max had to touch the washing machine, despite that he knows it’s forbidden to do it.” He finally said and looked down at Max with a glare. “I had to dry entire bathroom.”

Max only smiled innocently to him, falsely pretending that he haven’t done this.

“Nothing new.” Bill rolled his eyes. “When I asked you to come to my house to help me with my car, you were late because Bino took your suitcase, put it outside the window, opened it and scattered all of its content over your yard. And when I called you to pick up Bino when he and Fox had a sleepover in my house, your excuse was that a band of squirrels broke into your house and terrorized you to give them all your supplies of peanuts. You can’t just confess that you’re simply late, instead of blaming others?”

Jeff bit his lip and narrowed his eyes. He can’t help that he’s notoriously being late. But this time, he was telling the truth.

“Never mind that.” Bill waved his big hand in front of him. “Since you’re here now, it would be nice if you would say ‘hello to everyone’. It’s rude to walk in without a welcome.”

Bill’s talk was getting on Jeff’s nerves. But since the cop is known from his overzealousness and overreaction, he let it go and rolled his eyes. He turned his head to where Mr. and Mrs. Sternfeld were standing.

“Um, hello.” He nodded his head towards them.

Mr. Sternfeld felt a little unsure as Jeff said his greeting. Since he opened the door, he has a strange feeling that Jeff wants to leave this house as soon as possible.

Only Mrs. Sternfeld was not having such feelings. He smiled warmly to Jeff.

“Hello, mister Jeff.” He said with a gentle tone. “It’s really nice to have you as our guest in our house. And who is this cute little guy that hides behind your leg?” She kneeled down and looked with interest at Max.

“Oh, pardon me.” Jeff said and moved a bit, unveiling the black cat. “This is my pet, Max. I had to bring him here to make sure he won’t do any further damage in my house.”

Bino glared at Max and snarled quietly. He should be now on his place. It is Max who should have been given to the Sternfelds, not him. The feeling that he was sold instead of Max was burning deep in his soul.

In Bino’s opinion, it was really unfair. He was with Jeff way longer than him. What Max did to have more favors? He is a better pet than him? His love towards Jeff was less valuable? Bino wanted to shout out loud all of what he was thinking about this to tell the entire world how unfair it is.

Matt noticed that Bino is glaring at Max. It caught his interest. Seems he’s not the only one who experienced Max’s pranks.

Mrs. Sternfeld came closer to Max and looked deep into his eyes, making the cat to back off a little. In her opinion, he was really cute.

“Hey there sweety.” She said to him with a warm voice. “You look really adorable. Can I pet you?”

There was no time for reply as Mrs. Sternfeld’s hand was moving closer to his head. He tried to move his arms to defend himself, but it was too late. Mrs. Sternfeld’s hand was faster and it landed softly on top of his head.

At first, Max was about to panic. He felt a shiver going through his spine as he felt the woman’s hand. But everything has changed as he felt soft strokes on top of his head. He started to calm down and he slowly closed his eyes.

“As smooth as velvet.” Mrs. Sternfeld complimented his fur, petting him between his ears.

It’s wasn’t long before Max started to purr. His tail was swinging slightly and he smiled. He really like how Mrs. Sternfeld was petting his head. The feeling of her fingers moving across his fur and rubbing his skin was making him feel warm and fuzzy.

Mrs. Sternfeld was really happy to see him liking it. She really likes to pet animals and she likes to watch when they enjoy it.

Max moved his head and Mrs. Sternfeld’s hand was now under his chin.

“And here, please.” He said softly, pointing his finger under his chin.

Mrs. Sternfeld nodded and begun to scratch him where Max requested. Now Max was really in heaven. The receptors were transferring a lot of impulses into his brain, transforming them into information about pleasure. Max almost wanted to fell into Mrs. Sternfeld’s arms, barely keeping control over himself. None human was giving him such bliss for a long time. Only Grape is able to, but she’s a cat.

Bino was watching all of this. Blood veins appeared on his eyeballs and his fists were clenched tight. His fangs were sparkling dangerously and his jealousy was reaching its limits.

Now, that was way too far. It wasn’t enough for Max to become Jeff’s pet No. 1 and gain all his favors. Now, he tries to manipulate Mrs. Sternfeld. There was no doubt that Max wants to ground him completely.

He quickly approached Max.

“Hey, buzz off from my new mom!” He said to him loudly and pushed him away from Mrs. Sternfeld with force.

Bino’s push forced Max to return to reality. He blinked few times, and when his glance went on angry Bino, he put his paws on his hips and smiled mischievously.

“Oh, and what is that?” Max said with a teasing voice, moving his head from side to side. He knew that Bino is really jealous at this moment, and it was really satisfying him. “Little Biney is upset because I get petted and you not?”

“You have dad!” Bino replied back. “Go to him if you want some petting, furball! That’s what you wanted anyways, to get rid of me and get his full attention! Well, you can have him! But stay away from my new parents!”

Everyone were really surprised because of what was happening. Even Matt, who is supposed to not care about anything, raised one of his eyebrows. As he watched Bino and Max’s behavior, he was having a feeling that they were acting like… children.

Max smirked and eyed at Bino. He reached the jackpot. Bino was jealous for his new owners, and that was his advantage.

“Oh well, I can’t help it.” Max said it like he was sorry, but he was actually grinding on Bino’s nerves. “I’m just too cute and I work on humans like a magnet. Maybe it’s because your mom thinks I’m way cuter than you are.”

That was it. Bino had enough of Max’s showing off. He came closer to him and both of them started to slap each other.

Matt couldn’t believe in what was happening. Their fight was looking so pathetic and childish. He raised his head and covered his eyes with his hand.

Both pets were slapping each other for few good seconds, before they both yelped as Jeff caught them by their ears.

“Ouch!” Bino had a grimace on his face and he closed one of his eyes shut as Jeff was pulling his ear.

“Daaad!” Max whined and was trying to free himself, but he was unable too.

Jeff sighed.

“You don’t live together now and you still behave like crybabies who argue for toy. I still have to feel ashamed for both of you?”

“Ugh, you’re not my dad anymore!” Bino replied back, with a slight grief in his voice as he was feeling pain. “He is my dad now! Only he can scold me!”

When Bino said that, he pointed his finger in direction where Matt was standing.

Jeff looked up and his glance went on Matt.

Matt and Jeff exchanged their glances. No signs of emotions were on their faces. They weren’t even blinking. It was like they were looking deep into their souls.

Slowly, Jeff let go off Bino and Max’s ears. As the pets ears were free from the man’s grasp, they jumped away from him, rubbing them.

Haha, I won.” Max said quietly to Bino, sticking out his tongue and winking.

No, you didn’t....” Bino replied to him, shaking his fist.

Bill didn’t like what just happened. He was going to scold both pets, but he changed his mind as he realized that it can only make matters worse, knowing Bino and Max’s behavior too well.

Mr. Sternfeld pulled out a tissue from his pocked and wiped the sweat from his forehead. When he noticed that Matt and Jeff are gazing at each other, he came closer to his son.

“This is my son, Matthew…” Mr. Sternfeld started to introduce Matt to his guest, putting his hand on his son’s shoulder.

“Matt.” Matt’s glance turned into glare after his father called him by his full name.

“… and he is going to be Bino’s owner.” Mr. Sternfeld finished his sentence, pretending that he did not hear what Matt said.

Jeff snapped out from his suspense. What he just heard just surprised him.

This boy? Bino’s new owner?

His glance ran through Matt’s body, analyzing every detail.

Heavy boots. Dark trousers. Black gloves. Spiked bracelets. Leather jacked with spikes on shoulders.

That hair… and that nasty glare…

As he analyzed Matt from feet to top of his head, he could say only one thing: oh boy!

He thought that Bino will belong to Mr. and Mrs. Sternfelds. When he saw them for the first time, he believed that they are a normal couple who are looking for a pet for themselves.

He was wrong.

Really, really wrong.

Matt’s appearance was not giving him a good impression. Just looking at him was making him sure that he is an arrogant, disobedient, rude and insolent brat.

If he would knew then that Bino will fell into his hands, he would never give him to Sternfelds.

He started to feel remorseful. He wanted a loving and caring owner for Bino. Not a rebellious teen who can make him suffer.

But it’s too late…

“Hey, why are you staring at me like that.” Matt said to Jeff with a gloomy tone. He did not like how the man is looking at him. He did not like him at all.

Jeff clenched his teeth and glared at Matt. He wanted to give him a good riposte so he won’t feel so brash.

However, everyone’s attention was caught by a sound of a grunt.

“Since we’re all here now, I think we should start.” Mr. Steward sait politely.

“Yes please, I want to go already to my room so everyone can leave me alone.”

“Matt!” Mr. Sternfeld snap at him, feeling ashamed for his son’s behavior. Then, he turned his face to Mr. Steward. “My apologize. Please forgive his attitude.”

Mr. Steward only showed disapproval for a moment. Then, he had a calm expression again.

“I would like all of you to stand in front of me.” Mr. Steward started to explain. “First, I will have to give you a speech. Then, we will do the formalities.”

Everyone listened and stood before the glassy table in line, except of Bill who was now standing near Mr. Steward with his arms crossed.

Bino was standing at Matt’s side, and Max was between the teen and his dad. At Jeff’s side was Mr. Sternfeld, accompanied by his wife.

Mr. Steward placed the documents on the glassed table. Then, he took off the glasses from his nose and glanced at everyone. When he was sure that everyone are on their places and there will be no argues anymore, he took a breath and started his speech.

“ Dear friends. You’re about to become owners of a pet.” Mr. Steward was directing those words to Sternfelds. “Before you opens a path to luck and happiness, as you will share your time with him. However, being an owner is a great responsibility. A pet is not a toy and you must remember that he has feelings, just like every living being. You have to treat your pet with love, care and sensitivity, also fulfilling all his basic needs. A pet must be kept in cleanness and must be well fed. If you will neglect that, you will…”

Matt started to feel sleepy. His body was slightly moving from time to time and he was feeling like his eyelids were glued to each other. Mr. Steward’s speech was making him bored, and it seemed like there will be no end of it.

Bino and Max were in same conditions. Saliva started to leak out from their lips and they were barely able to keep their heads up. Max could even sworn that he hears Jeff’s snores.

Then, a silly idea appeared in Max’s mind. He blinked few times as he snap out from his nap and then, he grinned and moved his fingers across his whiskers.

He glanced at Matt. The boy was fighting to not fall asleep and it seemed that he was not paying attention to the surrounding. Then, his glance went on Bino, whose head was hanging low.

Now he knew what to do. And he was sure that it will be fun.

Max stretched his arm, trying to not get Matt’s attention. He touched Bino and quickly withdraw his paw and pretended that he haven’t done anything.

When Bino felt that someone touched him, he opened his eyes and looked up at Matt.

“What?” He asked him, frowning.

Matt heard Bino’s question and shook his head. When he rubbed his eyes, he glanced on Bino with astonishment.

“What what?” He asked back, frowning too.

“You just touched me.” Bino said with slightly stronger voice this time. “What do you want?”

“I did not touch you.” Matt looked away. “You’re just feeling things…”

Bino snorted out. He was sure that Matt touched him. But maybe he was right. It could be because Mr. Steward’s talk was boring him.

“… best to keep a schedule, because vet check up is very important for your pet’s health. Neglecting that may cause complications like often sickness, tartar, listless, or even endoparasites. You must also remember about routine shots if you want to…”

Max waited a little bit. Then, he touched Bino again.

“Hey, what do you want from me?!” This time Bino was sure that Matt touched him, and he was getting nervous because of his stupid attitude.

Matt was forced to look at Bino again.

“What is your problem?” Matt was not getting Bino. “I said I didn’t touch you! Stop imaginate things!”

“Then who keeps touching me all the time, fairies?” Bino eyed at Matt. “You just touched me second time, and I know that! You think it’s funny to keep me bugging like that?”

“The only one who keeps bugging me is you.” Matt accented the last words. He was getting tired of this. “So quit it already, k?

Bino looked away from Matt and crossed his arms. He was feeling offended at him right now. He believed that Matt was making fun of him and he was treating him like he was stupid.

Max giggled quietly as he was watching all of this. It was really fun for him, seeing both Bino and Matt glaring at each other. It wasn’t that boring at all…

“… must remember that a pet is like a family member. When he has problems, you must try to help him solve them. And remember, abusing pet is highly restricted in Babylon Gardens. If your pet will tell that you treat him bad, you will meet with consequences and you may end up with a trial, as it is said in article…”

It was time for a switch. Max touched Matt’s arm lightly, the one that was near Bino.

“I think I told you that I weren’t touching you!” Matt glared at Bino as he felt that something touched his arm.

“Yes, you did…” Bino replied with offended tone, not even looking at Matt.

“Then why you’ve just touched me? Some sort of revenge?”

Bino only shrugged.

“Perhaps you just imaginate things like you said, daddy…”

Max could almost smell the nervousness that was between Bino and Matt. Not to mention the joy off seeing Matt’s shaking hand.

Everything was going as he planned. He only has to push them a little more…

“… Gardens, we have a tradition that adopted pet also earns the owner’s family name. That helps with identification if there will be need to look for owner. Also, it is helpful with your inner integration…”

Max touched Matt’s arm again.

Matt was fed up with it. He couldn’t take it any longer. Bino was really working on his nerves. Instead of saying something, he simply pushed the dog.

“Get lost!” Bino said to him loudly and pushed Matt harder.

They started to push each other, their speed increasing with time. They were even close to start slapping each other, just like Max and Bino were doing earlier.

Sounds of grunts and snarls were now audible in entire living room. Everyone were now looking at the scene that was now going on. Even Mr. Steward stopped his speech.

Matt and Bino kept wrestling until they felt on their skins glances of others. They froze.

“Boys, what are you doing?” Mr. Sternfeld was all read on his face. “I feel ashamed for you! We have guests if you didn’t realize it yet!”

Matt slowly let go of Bino. He draw himself up and started to correct his collar of his jacket.

“He started…” Matt replied to his father, looking away and feeling embarrassed.

“That’s not true!” Bino said with pretension, massaging his arms. “You started first! And then, you wanted to blame me for something that I weren’t doing!”

“Do I have to come over there?” Bill said with a strong voice to both of them. His arms were crossed tightly, showing how big muscles he has.

Matt became pale and Bino’s headfur stood still. They shook their heads nervously, hoping that Bill won’t do what he said.

Max couldn’t help it. He tried his best to cover his face and stop himself from laughing. But it was helpless. His shoulders started to move up and down, and it wasn’t too long before a giggle came out from his mouth.

But he stopped giggling as he felt something on his shoulder. When he realized that it was Jeff’s hand, he felt a shiver going down his spine.

Maxwell…” Jeff said to him quietly, trying to hide his discontent.

Max looked up. He saw his dad glaring at him.

“Wasn’t me.” Max flashed him a grin, his eyes filled with innocence.

Jeff only sighed and shook his head. It seems this won’t stop before they won’t get out of this house.

Mr. Steward took a deep breath.

“I think that will be enough from me.” He said, putting his glasses back on his nose. “It’s time we move to formalities. Mr. (Jeff), please come closer to the table.

Jeff eyed Max for the last time, showing him a sign to be polite. Then, he listened to Mr. Steward and approached the table.

“Mr. (Jeff), I understand that you freely abdicate from ownership of your dog, Bino. Before this will happen, would you like to say something to his new owners?”

Jeff turned around and glanced on Mr. and Mrs. Sternfeld.

“Well… I…”

His glance went then on Bino. He noticed that his ex-pet is glaring at him, with his arms crossed and his chin raised high. He could see hatred in his eyes.

He felt a pinprick on his heart. He didn’t want Bino to hate him. Maybe they had conflicts recently and he was having educational problems with his dog. But deep in his heart, Bino was still his pet and he loves him.

“I just want to say that Bino is a good dog.” Jeff’s glance went back on Mr. and Mrs. Sternfeld. He had a serious expression, despite that he was feeling a storm of emotions that was raging inside of him. “I got him when he was a puppy. He grew on my eyes. I… hope that he will have warmth and love here…”

Jeff’s glance went then on Matt. When he was looking at the boy, he frowned.

“And I hope that his new owner will take a good care of him. He deserves that.”

When Bino heard those words, his head lowered and he placed his paw on the area where his heart is.

He was feeling really mad on Jeff because of what he has done. He was feeling like he abandoned him. He just placed him in unknown environment, gave him to strangers, not even thinking about how he feels. Bino’s experience is traumatic, because his world started to crumble.

But he also knew that those words that Jeff have just spoken are coming deep from his heart. His dad was never effusive if it comes to feelings. But those words were real. Perhaps his dad is not a bad man as he believed.

He didn’t know what to think now. On one side, he abandoned him. On the other, he just complimented him, saying that he’s a good dog. And something in his head was telling him that he has stopped being a good dog for a long time.

Max was also touched. His ears bent down and he placed his arms on his back. He looked at Bino with upset eyes and began to play with his leg.

Jeff turned to Mr. Steward.

“That would be all from me.” He said to the executor.

Mr. Steward nodded.

“Please affix your signature on those documents.” He showed Jeff the documents that were lying on the glassed table.

Jeff bowed and grabbed the pen that was on the table. He put it into his lips and looked at the place were he’s supposed to sign his signature. He waited a little, thinking about something. Then, he took a breath and signed the document.

It’s done. He is no longer Bino’s dad.

Mr. Steward nodded as he glanced at Jeff’s signature.

“Very well. Now, I would like the new owner to come over here.” He stretched out his arm towards Matt and suggested the boy with his hand to come closer.

Matt approached the table and crossed his arms.

“Okay. I would like you to raise your left hand and put your right one on your chest.”

“What for…” Matt said arrogantly.

“Just do it, Matt.” He heard his father. “And don’t give such replies.”

Matt snarled as he heard his father’s teachings. Then, he did what Mr. Steward asked him for.

Mr. Steward glanced at him with a serious look.

“Since you’re going to be Bino’s new owner, you’re going to make an oath.” Mr. Steward took some paper from the table and examined it.

Matt rolled his eyes. In his opinion, it sounded really stupid.

“Okay, I’m going to read the formula now.” Mr. Steward said to him and then he looked on the paper. “Matthew Sternfeld. You are going to become an owner of a dog. Do you swear to take care of him?”

Matt actually wanted to say ‘no’, but he knew that his dad would make a fuss out of it.

“Yes…” Matt replied coldly.

“Do you swear to help him when he will be in need?”

“Yes.”

“Do you swear allegiance to him?”

Ugh, yes.”

“Do you swear to never abuse him or abandon him?”

“Yes.”

Matt really wish that this would finally finish. He was tired of replying to those words and his left hand started to hurt from being raised.

Mr. Steward asked the final question.

“Do you swear to give him love, warmth and care?”

“Yes.”

Mr. Steward folded the paper and put it back on the table.

“Okay, can I let my hand down?” Matt asked with rudeness in his voice.

“Yes, naturally.” Mr. Steward replied.

Matt let out a sigh as he let down his left hand. He rubbed it and shook it a little.

“My dear boy. A great responsibility fell upon you.” Mr. Steward started to say. “From now on, you’re going to be a parent, as we say in Babylon Gardens. You will have to take care of your dog like for your own child. Do it well, and both of you will live in happiness. But you must also known that you’re forbidden from harming your pet. If you will do that, you will be put into trial in juvenile court, and since you’re under age, your decisions towards your pet must be consulted with your parents. Do you understand?”

“Yeh, yeh… I get the point.” Matt replied arrogantly. He was loosing his patience and he wanted this to finish as soon as possible.

“Alright then. Please sign your signature near Mr. (Jeff)’s.” Mr. Steward pointed with his finger at the empty space where Matt should sign his signature.

Matt bow down and took the pen into his hand.

That was the moment. With one sign, he will become Bino’s owner. And that means he will be chained to him, does he like that or not.

Perhaps he should suddenly grab this document and tear it apart. Then, he won’t be enslaved and perhaps Bino will go to the place from where he came?

But who is he kidding? If he will do that, his father will make sure to turn his life into nightmare for acting like a madman.

So maybe he should accept his fate? Since he promised himself to not get close to anyone, he will somehow manage to live with Bino in one house.

Like he said, he walks on his own path. And Bino has his own.

He looked for a moment at the space where his signature will soon appear. He closed his eyes for a moment… and he signed the document.

When Matt have done that, he felt like some cold wind just blew through his body and soul.

It happened. Bino became Matt’s pet, and now he belongs to the Sternfeld family.

“Congratulations, mister Sternfeld.” Mr. Steward said with a smile. “You became an owner. Please, make a handshake with Mr. (Jeff) to strengthen this fact.

Matt turned to Jeff and gazed at him. The idea of making a handshake with this guy was not satisfying him. He was even feeling like Jeff was surrounded by some kind of electromagnetic field that pushes him away.

Both Jeff and Matt managed to stretch out their arms and make a handshake. But when their hands touched, it was more like they weren’t touching at all.

Matt look deeply into Jeff’s eyes. He not only sees him there as his rival. But he also sees there a message: Don’t even try to harm him, or you will have to deal with me.

- - - - - - - - - -

The Sternfelds, along with their new family member, were now standing in the door jamb and were telling their gests goodbye.

“I hope you will feel happy, since you have a pet now.” Mr. Steward said with a friendly tone. “And I hope that you will be happy here too, Bino.” He then looked down at the dog.

Bino only frowned and looked away, acting like he was offended on entire world.

“It was really nice to meet you, Mr. Steward.” Mrs. Sternfeld said to him, as she was embranced by her husband. “I hope you will come to visit us again.”

“And I was really pleased to meet you, madam.” He bowed before her and kissed her hand. “And you too, Mr. Sternfeld.” He then make a handshake with him.

“Goodbye, Mr. Steward. Thank you for helping us.” Mr. Sternfeld said to him

Mr. Steward bowed for the last time and walked away, holding his suitcase in his hand.

“Well, I hope you will be good owners to Bino. As I said, I’ll be watching you…” Officer Bill glared at Matt as he said his last sentence, causing the boy to startle a bit. Then, he left too.

The only guests that were now on the porch were Jeff and Max.

“Well, I guess I’ll be going then…” Jeff said. Then, his glance went on Matt. “Please, take a good care of Bino.”

Matt was eyeing at Jeff, but he nodded slightly.

Jeff then kneeled down to Bino, who had his arms crossed and was looking away.

“Bino. Can you look at me?” Jeff said to him.

Bino did not want to look at him. It was too painful for him. He just wanted Jeff to leave as fast as possible.

“Bino, I know it’s hard. But please, let’s part in peace. I really want that.” Jeff stretched his arm out for handshake.

Bino’s eyes slowly moved to direction where was Jeff’s hand. He sighed and squeezed it with his paw.

When they were performing a handshake, Bino looked deep into his ex-dad’s eyes. There was a moment where he wanted to feel into his arms and hug him tightly. Just for the last time. But then, he thought that it will be better if he won’t do that.

When they broke their handshake, Max approached him and put his paw on his shoulder.

“Well bro, it was nice to live without you.” Max said to him with a smile. “I will miss all those moments where I was driving you over the edge. I’m really going to miss you. I would hug you, but I don’t want to ruin my well-cleaned fur.” He said his last sentence with a grin.

“You would only dare to…” Bino crossed his arms and frowned.

Jeff lifted himself up and looked at the Sternfelds for one last time.

“Well then… goodbye. And good luck.” Jeff told them. Then, he grabbed Max’s paw and both of them started to leave.

Bino was watching as they both together were leaving. He started to feel like his eyes were burning. His old world is coming to an end now. Something was telling him to run after them. But he was still standing at the door jamb.

His life will be different now. He will have to get used to his new family and his new home. He will have to establish his new territory around the house and become familiar with all scents that surrounds it.

But will it be easy? Will he be able to live with a teen who hates animals, and with heart covered by thick layer of ice?

“Okay. It’s finally over. Now I go to my room and take some rest.” Matt said as Max and Jeff disappeared from their view. Then, he turned around and went inside.

When he was just about to reach the stairs, he heard his father:

“Wait. We have to do one last thing…”

- - - - - - - - - -

“Do we really have to do this?” Matt said with his hands in his pockets.

He and Bino were standing now in their yard. In front of them, Mr. Sternfeld was setting his camera on a tripod.

“We have to do a memorable photo.” Mr. Sternfeld explained. “So we will remember this day.”

There was an audible click as the camera secured on the base of the tripod. Mr. Sternfeld turned it on and looked through the viewer. Mrs. Sternfeld was standing near him, looking with interest.

“Alright, move closer to Bino and put your hands on his shoulder.” Mr. Sternfeld said to him.

Matt rolled his eyes. He approached Bino and put his gloved hands on his shoulders.

Bino felt a strange sensation when Matt’s hands touched his shoulders. He didn’t know how to describe this feeling. It wasn’t feeling odd, but… somehow strange.

Mr. Sternfeld looked through the viewer again. He made sure first that he has correct frame and sharpness.

“Matt, smile!” Mr. Sternfeld said to his son, as he watched Matt’s stoned expression though the viewer.

“I am smiling…” Matt spit it out through his clenched teech, still keeping his cold expression.

When Mr. Sternfeld was sure that everything is set up as it should be, he placed his finger on the button.

“Okay, here it goes!” He said loudly. “One… two…”

Bino looked deep into the lens of the camera. He could see there his and Matt’s reflection.

When he was looking deep into the lens, and idea appeared in his mind. He smiled widely and waved his paw.

“Three!”

*SNAP*

(A/N)

Sorry guys, no A/N this time. I’m studying for the test that I will have tomorrow D:
I'm a bookworm!
FlyAwayNow

Post by FlyAwayNow »

Man....I always freak out when I see this one, because my own name is Matt and I keep thinking this thread is mine.
Que Lastima
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Good update, Karlos. I really enjoyed it.

You know, Matt is really weak. He can't hold his hand up for more than a minute, and he falls asleep standing from a lecture? He is supposed to be how old again? :lol:
My characters
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

I kind of agree with Copper on the had thing, but Matt is not the only one who falls asleep with any kind of lecture.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Wow. BIG update here! Big AND great :D :D :D
Nice fanservice, Karlos... But you really must work on your verbes' tense. Either you write it in present tense, or in past.
Karl

Post by Karl »

FlyAwayNow wrote:Man....I always freak out when I see this one, because my own name is Matt and I keep thinking this thread is mine.
Well, glad that I could surprise you xo
copper wrote:Good update, Karlos. I really enjoyed it.

You know, Matt is really weak. He can't hold his hand up for more than a minute, and he falls asleep standing from a lecture? He is supposed to be how old again? :lol:
Sixteen years old :) And you know what elders say about our current generation. That we become old when we're still young because instead of hanging out outside, we sit in front of our computer. So you can say that Matt has symptoms of this ;)
Russiarules1 wrote:I kind of agree with Copper on the had thing, but Matt is not the only one who falls asleep with any kind of lecture.
You fall asleep during lessons/speech/reading too? :lol:
Funny thing happened to me last week. Since I was absent in school whole week because of flu, I had to write the test that I skipped. When I wrote it, I rejoined the lecture that was going on. And I don't know why but, when the guy was showing us some photos, I begun to fall asleep. I couldn't keep my eyes open.
valerio wrote:Wow. BIG update here! Big AND great :D :D :D
Nice fanservice, Karlos... But you really must work on your verbes' tense. Either you write it in present tense, or in past.
It's my drawback, and I fully confess to it. I just don't know what time I should use for some situations in story. I don't know which one should be right to use, because it's different when something happened in the story, and different what someothis is happening now wile you're reading at this moment.
Perhaps you have some advice for me, Valerio :)
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Well, it varies from author to author. You seem to prefer present tense, so you should try that. Just remember to do as your habit says.
Karl

Post by Karl »

valerio wrote:Well, it varies from author to author. You seem to prefer present tense, so you should try that. Just remember to do as your habit says.

Hmm. When I will have some free time, I will try to think on that. Perhaps it's because of how I was taught to write and language difference.
I'm a bookworm!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I think it is more that you change your tenses when you shouldn't.

Tenses seem to be the hardest part of english to learn, I have noticed.
My characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

copper wrote:I think it is more that you change your tenses when you shouldn't.
That can be true. Maybe I was messing with them too much. I'll try to not do that when I'll be writing the next chapter, and listen to your suggestions. We'll see what will come out of this.
copper wrote:Tenses seem to be the hardest part of english to learn, I have noticed.
That's true. I was studying english in school since I was 8 years old. And I was always having problems with tenses. I couldn't remember correct formulas for each tense and I wasn't able to show difference between them.
And they say english is easy to learn xD
I'm a bookworm!
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

I learned english by watching TV and and playing video games at 6... I am impressed of myself.
The best thing about it was that I learned without school :D !
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Karl

Post by Karl »

I would like to apologize to everyone for not updating for so long.
The reason is because I recently have personal problems. I need to deal with them, but it's not easy. They ruin my mood, and because of that, I weren't able to write. There were many negative emotions in me, and I was afraid that because of them, those emotion will get into update. So I needes some rest before I calmed down and settle some of my problems.
I know I should have said that earlier, so you wouldn't be worried. But I was busy with dealing with those problems, and I was mainly resting. So once again, I'm deeply sorry.
I can tell you that I'm feeling better. I even started to wrok on update again. It will be up tomorrow.
I'm a bookworm!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Karlos wrote:
copper wrote:Tenses seem to be the hardest part of english to learn, I have noticed.
That's true. I was studying english in school since I was 8 years old. And I was always having problems with tenses. I couldn't remember correct formulas for each tense and I wasn't able to show difference between them.
And they say english is easy to learn xD
I've always heard that English is a very tough language...
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

It's fine, Karlos. We can wait for it.
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Karlos wrote:I would like to apologize to everyone for not updating for so long.
The reason is because I recently have personal problems. I need to deal with them, but it's not easy. They ruin my mood, and because of that, I weren't able to write. There were many negative emotions in me, and I was afraid that because of them, those emotion will get into update. So I needes some rest before I calmed down and settle some of my problems.
I know I should have said that earlier, so you wouldn't be worried. But I was busy with dealing with those problems, and I was mainly resting. So once again, I'm deeply sorry.
I can tell you that I'm feeling better. I even started to wrok on update again. It will be up tomorrow.
take your time, don't add another worry to your priorities. We can wait.
The Moon Howler

Karlos, take your time, calm down and when you are ready - grab the keyboard and do you magic
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

20. Attraction of the day

And so it happened. Bino was adopted by the Sternfelds, thus becoming their family member. From now on, his life will be different.

His old environment was gone. There was no Jeff. No Max. His room was gone, including his wardrobe where he could hide, and his bed that was his safety zone. If he ever was in danger, he could simply lie there and cover himself under quilt, pretending that he’s not there and allowing himself to drift into dreams.

The kitchen where he ate breakfast, lunch, snacks or sweets that Jeff hide from him and Max - was gone too. The living room where he watched cartoons or took a nap on comfy sofa if Max haven’t left any cat hair on it first - gone. The garage, where was the car and his dad always fumed when he found his handprints - also gone.

Jeff and Max were also part of his world. They belonged to it. He always knew that in the house was his dad and his brother cat. But not anymore.

His old world vanished, like a bubble that was pricked by needle and popped. And there was no possibility to return. The gates have been closed forever for him, forcing him to go find a new place to live, and start everything from beginning.

But beginnings are not easy. Although he has now a new family and new home, he still feels like a sprocket that does not match to the mechanism it was putted into. He could officially call himself Bino Sternfeld, according to the habit that is in Babylon Gardens, where when a pet gets adopted by a family, it can adopt surname. But Bino wasn’t feeling like he’s part of the Sternfeld family. Maybe on paper it is said that he belongs to it, but the family members were still aliens to him.

Most alienated and enigmatic family member was Matthew Sternfeld, son of Stanley and Alice Sternfelds. Each time Bino was close to him, he was feeling like Matt was surrounded by some kind of cold aura that was pushing him away.

It was also because Matt was avoiding Bino. He rarely had said anything to him, and if something went out from his mouth, it weren’t kind words. He was also barely going outside. Most of the time he spent in front of his computer, playing games or other stuff and increasing the litter that was already causing chaos in his room. Even from his scent, he could sense nervousness that was in him wherever they met.

Their walkies weren’t pleasant too. When they were outside, Matt was hasting Bino to hurry with his things and go home.

Bino did not like Matt. He didn’t like his behavior. He was cold, rude, sassy and always impatient. There was no way to ask him something, because each time Matt interposed and showed his lack of patience.

Not to mention Matt’s room where he must sleep. If it was possible, he would simply take his basket and move somewhere else. He wasn’t feeling there well welcomed. Matt was not caring about cleanliness of his room. There were thick layers of dust on furniture and shelves, and entire floor was covered by various stuff that could harm his feet. Each time Bino looked at this mess, he could almost hear the room screaming for vengeance.

But Bino tried his best to accommodate in Sternfeld household. First, he had to sniff everything that was inside, so he can become familiar with scent that was in entire house. He checked for any dangers, and even for some hides that can contain hidden sweets and other tasty treats.

He had to also roll over every carpet in every room to leave his fur in it, so other beings will know of his presence.

Second thing was establishing territory. Everything that was on allotment was his property now. Plants, grass, fence, car, porch… all were part of his new territory. That includes the residents.

Since Bino is (or rather called himself) the ringleader of entire neighborhood, his territory is widely expanded. However, there’s a difference between the territory of a leader, and territory of a dog who is supposed to be a guardian of his house and his owners. For Bino, the Sternfeld household was not just a building made of wood and Styrofoam. It was his fortress. A bastion, where he can feel safe and no one can touch him. That’s why it’s important for him to bring order to his new territory.

He started from digging holes in the backyard. It wasn’t arranged yet, since the Sternfelds just moved into the neighborhood. There was only a field of grass. And for Bino, that was a positivity. He had the entire backyard for himself, and he was able to dig many holes as he wished. And he wasn’t doing that not because he wanted to hide a bone or other thing. He just dig.

But he couldn’t understand why Mr. Sternfeld was having a problem with that. There was nothing on the backyard beside green grass.

He also became familiar with the mailbox that was standing near the sidewalk and wicket. He sniffed it with attention, to sense any trail of mailman. After sniffing for long seconds, Bino knew what was the mailman’s scent and how often he shows up.

Also, he attached to the wicket a tablet with sign: BEWARE OF THE DOG.

There was also other method to mark the territory, but we will skip this part since it’s obvious to everyone what it is.

Since Bino was busy with reorganizing his life, he wasn’t going out on the neighborhood. He decided that it will be better if he will show himself on next meeting of GODC, to show everyone that despite his circumstances have changed, he’s still a strong and powerful ringleader, who won’t let himself down because he was forced to change families.

That’s how three days have passed…

- - - - - - - - - -

Bino went out from house with his chin raised high and was walking proudly. He was holding some papers in his hand that were waving because of his speed.

Three days have passed. If Fox did his job as he should, everydog who belongs to Good Ol’ Dogs Club will be on the meeting. And everyone will see that even switching families can’t touch the great leader that is Bino!

Before Bino opened the wicket to went out from the Sternfelds possession, he glanced at the house that was across the road.

He remembered that now he will live very close to his enemy - the cat lover that was called Peanut Butter Sandwich. And that also includes his feline friend, Grape Jelly.

Bino clenched his fists into tight balls and gnashed his teeth as a memory of Peanut’s face crossed his mind. It was angering him each time he was thinking about him. He still remembers how he showed himself in hospital with a camera and took some photos of him when he was lying in bed and recovering from the meeting with frying pan and rough asphalt. Or how Fido let him back to the club, despite that he had a proof of him being a cat lover.

His happy attitude. His smile. Innocence in his eyes. It was all making Bino feel sick.

But Peanut can’t ruin his day. Not today. He will go to the GODC and do what he planned. Nothing can stop that.

He took a deep breath and raised his chin proudly. Good humor returned to him, and Bino was feeling confident again. As he passed Peanut’s house, the memory of his face faded away, being replaced by imagination of how crowds will praise him and throw him up with their hands when he will finish his speech that he was working on for so long.

It wasn’t long before Bino reached the clubhouse. As he examined its look, he could clearly see that it needs renovation. There were scratches on walls and some slates were missing. Also grass that was surrounding the building was pretty long. It seemed that no one was cutting it for a long time.

But Bino didn’t care at all. As long the building stands, everything is fine. And if someone will complain that there’s a draft inside, he will tell that a new air condition was recently installed.

Bino placed his hand on the handle. He could hear the crowd inside, chattering loudly about something. He pushed it lightly… but suddenly stopped. He glanced at his papers to check once again did he wrote everything perfectly. He had some problem at first to understand what was signed, because his writing was very chaotic. And it contained some silly drawings between letters. But he haven’t finished his recheck, as he believed that everything must be correct. After all, he wrote it. Can he make any mistake? Of course not. Not him.

His glance went on the handle that he was pushing. He took a deep breath, moved his hand across his headfur to correct it, and entered.

- - - - - - - - - -

All dogs went quiet as Bino entered inside. He was standing in front of entrance with a proud pose - his hands were on his hips and he was looking at everyone with confidence in his eyes.

After few seconds, there were sounds of quiet whispers. Everyone were wondering what’s been with Bino since he stopped showing himself outside, after everyone were talking about his situation when Jeff was selling him. And here he is. In front of them. Looking at everyone with a smirk. There was no sign of any changes. Bino remained himself. But question was: should they be happy about it, or not.

Bino started to walk forward, right there where was podium. His steps were audible, and they were making ears to perk up.

“Hey, welcome back Bino!” Some dog broke the silence.

“Good to see you. So how you’ve been?” Another said.

“Hope you don’t mind that I took your rawhide bone…”

An avalanche of questions was hitting Bino’s ears as he was passing the crowd. Some dogs were enthusiastic and they were smiling. Some, however, remained behind and were mumbling something to each other.

Bino walked up the stairs and stood in front of his podium. He placed his papers on desk and corrected the microphone. Then, his glance went once again on the crowd.

Now, from his podium, he could see how the entire room was huge. He could see from there everything and everyone, wherever he looked. As he was glancing at the crowd, all dogs were looking so small to him. But that was making him feel powerful. He was above all.

But he was intensively looking for someone.

They’re not here…” Bino thought to himself. “I knew I shouldn’t agree on allowing this shrimp to come here. It’s because of him that Fox is not on important meetings.

Bino sighed. He was really counting on Fox. But he also know that he must fulfill his well prepared plan.

He glanced again at the crowd. Some dogs were chattering again - about their recent days, weather, games in local park and other stuff. Some were looking at him, curious what he will say after his long absence.

Bino placed his hands on desk. He took a deep breath and moved his head closer to microphone.

“The Good Ol’ Dogs Club is called to order!” Bino said strongly to microphone.

Somehow, the effect was rapid. All ears perked up and all eyes went on him.

“As you see, I’m doing fine.” Bino grinned and waved his arms, pointing at himself. “It is true that my dad put me to adoption and I was taken by other family. It was a hard moment for me. However, I remained strong because I know that all of you are counting on me and I can’t let you down. I’m a dog and dogs remain strong, no matter what the conditions are!”

Bino finished his sentence and raised his hand in direction where everyone were standing. In exchange, he heard applause. His heart was being filled with joy. That’s what he wanted. Power. Understanding. Loyalty.

“Many pets were gossiping about me. So we must put an end to this.” Bino grinned mischievously. “It’s disgusting when someone talks about you when you’re turned back to them. However, only those who are cowards and disloyal to our community dare to do such things. They believed that they can overthrown me, because there was danger that I will leave Babylon Gardens. Don’t follow them. They are a disgrace to our community and they only want to cause chaos, so all of you will suffer. They are hiding in shadows, conspiring how to bring upon us anarchy! But don’t threat. I’m still here and I won’t let that happen! No matter the circumstances. And if they were telling you that I won’t stand up because of what happened to me… well, here you have proof. I’m the dog of all dogs. Nothing can break me. I must be strong… for all of you!”

The applause was now stronger. Bino was now sure that everyone likes his speech. And if there were any of those who didn’t like it, they were not hearable.

“However, we must make one case clear.” Bino’s grin faded away, being replaced by serious expression and glare. “I cannot stand that there were no club meetings when I was absent.”

Now, among the crowd were gasps and whispers. The atmosphere has changed and the air in room became cold.

“You must all realize that our club meetings are very important!” Bino hit the pedestal with his hand, causing some dogs to jump in their places. “Even if it may happen that I’m not here, as club members you’re still obligated to show yourself on meetings. How else we’re suppose to keep our society in one piece if all of you don’t care about your club and you all do whatever you want? You want to ruin everything that we were working on so hard together? No! You cannot let that happen. We stick together! We discuss problems and help eachother! We have fun together! We are like big family, and we care about everyone who belongs to it.”

Whispers were becoming more audible, and they were increasing.

“Do you know how this saddened me?” Bino made a sad expression and pointed his finger at his chest. There was a note of drama in his voice. “I believed that you can handle managing the club when I’m absent. While I was rebuilding my life, I thought you continue our gatherings and plan our future. But instead, you treat my absence like some occasion for free vacations, letting our ideals to die…”

A sound of “owww” went through entire room. Almost everyone hung their heads from shame. Some dogs begun to play with their fingers, some just placed their hands behind them and rub their feet against leg.

“But that only proves how much you need me.” Humor returned on Bino’s face. He was grinning again and there was a light of joy in his pupils. “Seems you can’t live without me. Don’t worry. Your great Bino is back and I will make sure that everything will return to normal, everyone will be happy and we will have a lot of fun. And even Fido won’t…”

At this moment, the doors have opened and all heads turned in direction where the entrance to the club was.

Two dogs went inside. It was Fox and other dog who accompanied him. A small, Welsh Corgi with a tag symbolizing a chess figure. His fur was brown, with a large, black spot on his back, that also covered his shoulders. His fur on his belly was white, going down his legs and covering his feet. He also had two white spots above his eyebrows, and his ears were really big.

It was a dog that Bino sees as big rival beside Peanut. A dog that tries to steal his best friend from him. He even dares to have a royal name. And if someone has a royal name, there is no doubt that he will try to behave like some aristocrat around here and will try to rule everyone.

The dog’s name was King.

Bino narrowed his eyes as he was watching from his podium two dogs that were coming inside.

You. Are. Late.” Bino accented strongly each word he spelled, barely letting them through his clenched teeth. He was glaring deadly at Fox and King.

King’s bat shaped ears perked high and he glared back at Bino with his fist clenched. His mouth was about to open, to tell something back at Bino. But it closed when Fox’s hand landed on his shoulder.

“Sorry that we’re late, Bino.” Fox said to him with calm voice, closing the door behind him and still holding his hand on King’s shoulder. “We would be on time, but something stood in our way…” When he said that, he placed his second hand on King’s other shoulder, gripping him slightly.

Fox wasn’t laying at all. It took him a lot of time to convince King to come on GODC meeting. And when he came today to pick him up, it happened that King hide in the cellar. When he got there, the corgi was curled into tight ball on top of a high set of shelves. He wondered how, for a corgi, could climb that high. He tried to negotiate at first, but when that failed, he just shook the furniture, causing King to fall down with jars of home made jams. King begged Fox to move his first meeting for other time. But it was pointless, because Fox was too stubborn and there was no way to convince him to change the plans. King whined for some time when they were finally outside, but he calmed down after Fox promised him to take him later to ice cream parlor.

But King was behaving like that because he was still mad at Bino for what he did to him on Christmas. He couldn’t believe that Bino could give him a present that exploded in his hands, covering him in catnip and humiliating him in front of other dogs. Since then, King promised himself that he will never come to Good Ol’ Dogs Club, or try to befriend other dogs, because he was sure that he will get humiliated again, even if he will do his best to be friendly. Also, he told himself that one day, he will repay Bino for what he did and he will have his revenge.

Each time he was seeing that dog was making his fangs to show, and his arms were shaking from anger that he felt. Just looking at Bino’s grumpy face was already making him sick.

“Everyone, I’m sure you remember King.” Fox introduced his friend, smiling happily and wagging his tail slightly. “It’s his first meeting, so please be nice to him.”

The crowd moved closer to two dogs. Every dog was gawking at King with interest, analyzing him from feet to top of his head.

King was about to panic when the crowd was getting closer and closer. All eyes were focused on him. He felt like he swallowed a pack of ice. He slouched and quickly jumped behind Fox’s leg.

Fox looked behind himself at King and shot him a glare, like a father who is displeased of his child’s behavior. He grabbed the squirming dog and placed him again in front, holding him by his shoulders more firmly this time.

King’s eyes grew wide as he was facing the entire crowd. He was trembling and his ears were folded. He had a feeling that all of those dogs will suddenly jump on him and eat him.

Dozens of black noses started to move as they inhaled King’s scent. This made the corgi feel even more frightened. He was only hoping that none of those wet things will touch him. Or worse, they won’t sense that he’s not actually a dog. He made one step backward and his shoulders touched Fox’s belly, trying to stay from the army of dog noses as far as possible.

After some sniffing, dogs started to whisper. It was a long time since King was here, when during his accident at Christmas Eve, he screamed at everyone and stormed out with tears in his eyes, making everyone surprised and confused. King wasn’t showing himself outside too often, and if he was, he wasn’t showing any interest to talk with anyone or participate in some game.

Now, the enigmatic object was standing before them, almost curling into a furry ball and trying to escape Fox’s grasp. A lot of dogs started to feel excitation. It was always joyful to meet a new face… or muzzle.

One dog stepped forward.

“Hey there, new club member!” He said, stretching out his arm to him. “Nice to meet you!”

King glanced at the dog’s hand. He wasn’t sure does he want to make a handshake or not. He didn’t want to be here. Here were a lot of dogs. Way too much. What if something will happen if he will perform a handshake?

What can actually happen? It’s still better to perform a handshake than…

“Uh, hi.” King somehow mumbled. He made a handshake with a dog, but he avoided the eye contact. “It’s nice to… meet you, too…”

The whispers became more intense as King finally said something. More dogs stepped forward.

“Hey, cool that you’ve decided to join us!” Other dog said with enthusiasm. “It’s always great to have one more dog to play games!”

“Are you from Wales?” Another said. “Because you have a funny accent, you know? But I don’t mind, it sounds cool.”

“Nah, I’m sure he’s Irish.”

“Hey, do you play chess? I play too! Wanna play with me later? Would be great because most of participants like to chew my figures instead of playing…”

“How it is to have such short tail? Are you even able to wag?”

“So you’re the one who lives with the Wolves? Do you have your place in their hierarchy?”

All questions were covering King like an avalanche. More and more dogs were getting closer to him. Some dogs were touching him from interest, but bigger attention were dragging his bat ears and this thing that was supposed to be his tail.

King was feeling like a little gnome between huge hulks. Those dogs were way too close than they should be. If he could, he would climb on top of Fox’s head right now.

“You see, it’s not that bad.” Fox said to him with pride in his voice, as dogs were still maltreating him from amazement. “I told you everyone will love you.”

“T-tell them to stay away!” King said with panic in his voice as he tried to cover himself with Fox’s arm.

Bino was watching all of this from his podium. The power of jealousy was growing inside of his body. He was gripping the edge of the podium firmly, almost nailing it with his claws. King got everyone’s attention. They were all focused on him. Not on their great chairdog who just returned from his absence. He couldn’t stand it anymore.

Okay, that’s enough!” Bino yelled across the room, spitting saliva and causing every ear to perk up. “Now you know who King is but now please take your places so we can get back to our businesses!!

The panic that King was feeling has vanished as he heard Bino’s yell. He shot a glare at the dog that was standing on the podium, and his hand were balled into tight fists.

Bino and King were glaring at each other for long seconds. It was like they tried to push one another with a simple, deadly glare. Blood veins were visible on Bino’s eyeballs, and King’s white fangs were flashing dangerously.

“Come on King. Let’s take a sit.” Fox said to him, patting his shoulders. He noticed the awkward aura that was between his two friends, and it was better to calm the situation.

Everyone took their places, including Fox and King, and all eyes were focused on the chairdog again. Bino took a sip of water from glass that was near his hand and moved his fingers across his headfur. He waited a little bit for his heart to stop beating like a hammer. When he calmed down, he took the papers in his hands and cleaned his throat.

“Okay, there is one thing we need to discuss…” Bino tried to say his words calmly, but anger could still be noticed in his voice. “All of us have parents who try to educate us. They tell us what is wrong and what is right. However, they sometimes misunderstand our habits, seeing them as bad and inappropriate.”

There was silence in entire room. Only sometimes someone coughed or sniffed.

“Believe it or not, but recently, our parents decided to educate us to not drink water from toilets!” Bino said that with deep emotion and he hit the podium hard with his fist.

A lot of gasps escaped dog’s mouth as they heard Bino’s news. Their parents were telling many times to not drink water from a toilet bowl, but they never actually cared about it. But they didn’t know that humans are going to treat this problem more seriously now.

“This is way too much! We can’t allow on this anymore!” Bino increased his voice, raising his fist high. “First were slippers! Then were newspapers! Now, they want to cut us off from fresh water!”

A lot of complaints and sounds of discontent began to fill the room. Some dogs were shouting ‘scandal!’, ‘disgrace!’, while others were simply growling.

“ We cannot take this indignity! Humans must understand our laws and habits! We will fight for tolerance!”

The whole crowd cheered for Bino as he said his last word. All, except Fox and King.

King could barely listen to what Bino was talking about. For him, this whole thing with ‘toilet’ was a complete nonsense. He couldn’t understand what was the problem. And drinking water from toilet bowl was just gross. How can dogs do that?

Fox was just sitting and looking at Bino, like he was staring into void. He wished he had a book right now.

Fox, you said dogs come here to have fun.” King whispered to him. “But you haven’t mentioned anything about boring session of Bino’s excessive tirade…

Fox glanced at King.

Oh, don’t worry about it.” Fox whispered back to him, leaning closer to King and still looking at Bino. “Bino always has something to say at the beginning. Just let him. And you don’t have to pay attention to all what he says. Just wait a little more and fun will begin.

King sighed from annoyance.

Well, okay…” King said with abandonment in his voice. “I just hope this parade won’t take too long, or I will put down roots here.

King was thinking that he will actually put down roots. He could feel something tickling his feet.

Bino was absorbing the noise that was being made by his listeners. He was feeling like a powerful ruler right now. They were all cheering for him, showing their respect to his charisma and wisdom. That’s what he wanted. Authority. Respect. Loyalty. Could he ask for more?

His tail was wagging rapidly. His ears constantly being filled with applaud, making him feel proud. His head was raised high, eyes closed and a wide smile was on his face.

Then, he lifted his arm to silence the crowd. When everyone calmed down, he drank the water to moisten his lips and corrected his papers in his hand.

“Do not fear, my dear friends.” Bino said. “I’m not blind on their tricks and I know how to persuade them to change their mind. I’ve spent many hours on planning, analyzing and thinking on our strategy. And I came to conclusions. Now, all listen to me what I say…”

At this moment, Bino started to talk non stop. He was swinging his arms all around as he was explaining his magnificent plan and its details. His expression was changing all the time: from proud to anger, from glory to sadness, from mischievousness to seriousness. His fist was striking the podium every two or three minutes.

The enthusiasm that was in everydog few moments ago has vanished. Now, among them was boredom, tired eyes, dark sacks under their eyelids and suspension in their heads. From time to time, someone sighed or yawned, but being careful with that to not catch Bino’s attention.

King was watching Bino, barely keeping his eyes open. The ‘great chairdog’ was now really wax poetic. Too much. He wondered how many buckets he would fill from his saliva as he watched Bino spitting it constantly and grabbing the glass filled with water from time to time.

There was no end to this anguish he was experiencing right now. It seemed that Bino will never shut up. What was worst, he was repeating words he spelled few minutes ago. And the cycle was going, and going…

King could feel how his blood was boiling inside of him. He was really loosing his patience as he was listening to Bino’s never ending talk. His eyes were almost popping out from their orbits, and he was gripping his seat firmly. Bino yatter, yatter and yatter, about this and that and other.

That was it. He was fed up with this. He suddenly stood up and yelled on top of his lungs:

"FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! DOES YOUR PIE HOLE EVER SHUTS?!? YOU ONLY YAK AND YAK CONSTANTLY, TALKING WITHOUT ANY SENSE!! YOU CAN’T JUST SIMPLY TELL US WHAT YOU WANT RATHER THAN WASTING OUR PRECIOUS MINUTES OF LIFE AND DAMAGE OUR EARS?!?"

When King finished, he realized that it was awkwardly quiet in the room. Dozens of eyes were gawking at him right now, big as plates from porcelain. No one even dared to say anything or even make a single move.

King realized he just said something that he shouldn’t. All eyes that were staring at him were as same as the ones when he burst out during Christmas Party, and when he made a confession during the game I Have Never in Fox’s house.

His anger towards Bino was now replaced by shame and panic. If he could, he would dig a hole and put his head into it, pretending that he’s not actually here.

Fox stopped breathing for a moment. He knew that nothing good will come out of this. He could only cover his eyes with his hand and turn his head away.

Bino’s eyes were open wide as he was gawking at the corgi. His hand was still in air as it was supposed to hit the pedestal, and his mouth was slightly open.

Then, his mind started to work again. His lips started to move for a moment, but no sound came from them. Then, his big eyes started to transform into cold glare, and his fangs have shown. He slowly gripped his other hand, squishing papers on which his speech was wrote.

He couldn’t believe his ears. Did he actually heard this? Did someone just dared to oppose him? And that person was King??

All dogs started to feel anxiety as Bino started to inhale air through his nose loudly. They all knew that he will do another angry rant.

“Without any sense?” Those words barely came out from his mouth. “I… I try to… solve our problem and… you say it has no sense?”

Everyone were waiting in tense for Bino to unleash his wrath. From watching his twitching eyebrow and his shaking fist, they knew it’s just a matter of seconds.

Fox stood up and raised his hands.

“Bino, I’m sure King didn’t mean-“

"HOW DARE YOU SAY IT HAS NO SENSE?!?” Bino finally exploded, his voice vibrating the surrounding walls. “DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW SERIOUS THIS PROBLEM IS?!? FOR MANY YEARS, OUR ANCESTORS WERE DRINKING WATER FROM TOILET BOWLS TO FILL THEIR THIRST!!! IF OUR PARENTS WILL CUT US OFF FROM OUR WATER SUPPLIES, WE WILL BE FORCED TO DRINK WATER FROM RIVERS!!! OR WHAT IS WORST, FROM BOWLS, WHICH MAKE THE WATER UNFRESH!!!"

Everyone inside covered their ears when Bino screamed. Even Fox ducked them and made a step backwards.

When Bino’s words striked King’s ears, the corgi started to feel angry again. He felt an urge for a riposte.

For what sake you want to drink water from a toiling bowl?! We have thumbs, stupid!!” King jelled back at him, raising his hand and moving his thumb. “You can just simply walk to a sink, turn the faucet and fill the glass with water! It’s just so simple and yet, you pretend like you were living in Middle Ages!

Everyone gasped when King said that. What he said was true. What was the point of drinking water from toilet if they were able to get it from a tap. And it was so simple! However, no one ever dared, besides Fido, to defy Bino’s words. And they knew that this can’t end well.

Bino stood for long seconds at his podium, glaring deadly at King. His brain was analyzing King’s words carefully. Word by word. When the analysis was complete, he smacked the papers on the wooden desk, went down from his podium and approached King, stepping loudly.

“You want to say that directly to my face, gnome?” Bino said to King with lowered tone, giving him a cold stare.

King leaned closer to Bino, making his nose to almost touch his rival’s.

“You call that nasty and childish thing stamped to your head face?” King replied to Bino with same tone.

All dogs surrounded them and made a circle, gawking at the scene. Bino and King were exchanging their deadly glares, breathing heavily and barely keeping control over their bodies. Hate was pouring from their skins, and in their eyes was desire for slaughter. Everyone wondered which of them will be the first one to grab the neck and squish it with his fingers.

Fox had a worried expression on his face. That’s not what he wanted. He was hoping for a friendly atmosphere. Instead, he has two angry lions in a cramped cage.

“You want to loose your teeth? I will gladly do it.” Bino said to King with cold voice.

“Bino!” Fox tried to intervene, standing near two dogs. “Don’t say such things!”

“No. But I will break your arms with pure pleasure, so you will drink your toilet water by plastic straw.” King smirked.

“King…” Fox turned his head. “You to, quit it!”

“And what is your problem, Fox?” Bino suddenly turned to Fox, complaining. “You brought him here and when he causes mess, you accuse me? You’re my best friend! You’re supposed to be on my side!”

“Yeah, what do you think you’re doing!” King also turned to Fox, raising his arms. “You promised me to keep him away from me! So now help me!”

That’s not what Fox intended. He only wanted to calm down the situation. Not dragging their hate on himself. Now, both of them were staring at him, with their fists clenched tight and waiting for his choice. At this moment, he could only place his hands on top of his head, look at the ground and sigh heavily.

“What’s going on here?”

All attention went to the direction where the voice came from. Even Bino and King loosened their first.

Near the entrance was standing Fido Byron - an athletic star among all dogs, and unofficial pet community leader who puts a lot of effort to keep everything in peace.

All dogs started to cheer as they saw Fido. Each time he showed up in the club, he always aroused enthusiasm.

But Fido did not care about the welcoming this time. He simply walked to the arguing dogs, and looked at them with his head raised high.

Bino felt nervous. Fido was here again, and he always must stick his nose where he shouldn’t. But when he was standing so close to him, with his chin raised high and his muscles on his chest strained, he felt a cold shiver going down his spine.

King was also feeling nervous as he was looking at the tall dog. But for other reasons than Bino. Fido is a K-9 unit member, and he still remembers when he arrested him as he tried to dognap Fox.

“So, what’s going on here? Care to give an explanation?” Fido asked them. “You were yelling so loud that I could’ve hear you from other side of the road.”

You should have wait a little longer before you entered…” Fido heard a high pitched voice whispering to his ear. “Only few seconds and they would rip strips off their skins.

Fido lightly hit himself in the area near his head with his open hand. Then, he continued to stare at two dogs.

King was about to open his mouth, but Bino was faster:

“It’s all his fault!” Bino said with high tone, pointing his finger at King. “He just came here and he already acts like he’s a boss here! When I was trying to explain our serious problem, he said it’s boring and insulted our laws!”

That’s not true!!” King yelled at Bino, clenching his first into tight balls. “You were talking non stop, making everyone to sleep from boredom! And when I tried to say something, you started to accuse me!”

Both of them started to glare at each other again, showing their white and sharp fangs. But they suddenly shivered when they felt Fido’s hand on their shoulders.

“Okay, that’s enough.” Fido scolded them, with calm but still stern tone. “Fox, tell me what happened.”

Fox explained to Fido everything that occurred during the meeting, despite that Bino or King protested from time to time. When Fox finished he explanation, Fido closed his eyes and nodded.

“I see.” Fido said with his arms crossed. Then, he opened his eyes and looked at Bino. “Bino, perhaps you really should think on how long you give your speech. And don’t get offended when someone comments on your words. We discuss our problems together and everyone should be opened on critique.”

Bino hung his head and his cheeks became bright red. He didn’t like what Fido just said to him. In his opinion, he was just showing off to prove to everyone that he’s a way better leader than him.

“So… King.” Fido turned his head to King now. “It’s really nice that you’ve finally decided to come to our meeting. But please be nice to everyone. And to Bino too.”

Bino narrowed his eyes, still with his glance piercing the ground. He hoped that King at least will get scolded too for interrupting his speech. But in his opinion, Fido treated him too soft, making Bino the guilty one.

“There. Now when we’ve settled this, patch things up.” Fido said to both of them with a smile.

There was no way that any of them wanted to perform a handshake for peace. Such thought was making them feel disgusted. They would rather bite the hand if it dared to touch.

Bino and King grimaced as Fox and Fido were looking at them with serious glance. They quickly performed the handshake, barely touching hands. When they finished, they rubbed their hands against their fur.

Fido was pleased that he accomplished his goal. He settled peace once again. At least for moment.

“Ok, now if you excuse me I would like to finish-“ Bino started to say.

“I think we will rid this bad atmosphere when we will play some games.” Fido said as he looked at the crowd that was quiet. “So, everyone to your shelves and grab your toys.”

At this moments, a lot of dogs squealed from happiness when they heard Fido’s proposition. They cheered his name loudly, and it wasn’t long before they all rushed to the place where were shelves filled with various toys.

“Come on King, I will show you where’s your shelf.” Fox patted King on his back. “Later you can keep your toys on it. And today, I will share my toys with you.”

Bino watched from a distance as all club members were grabbing their toys from their shelves. Most of them were circled around Fido, hoping that he will play with them today, or even get his autograph.

“B-but…” Bino said weakly, stretching his arms to them. “But what about my speech? We were supposed to discuss the problem…”

But no one heard Bino anymore. All dogs were now focused on their toys, sitting on the floor and playing among themselves. Some were playing with cars, others were building some castles from bricks, and other dogs were playing some board games.

Bino’s glance went on Fox and King. A lot of dogs were surrounding them, since King was new and everyone wanted to play with him to meet him better. Anger filled his heart when he saw Fox laughing, and King shyly touching someone’s toy.

His well-planned day was ruined. The crowd that was earlier cheering him and supporting his ideas, simply left him after Fido said only one word. Authority, respect and loyalty vanished. He was left alone. Even Fox left him, choosing King over him.

Fido looked up when he heard a door slam. He noticed that Bino was gone. After looking at the door for few seconds, he shook his head and returned to his games…

(A/N)

Sometimes in our life happens something unexpected. Something that ruins your whole day, and you can’t get your good humor back.
Recent week wasn’t easy for me. When I wanted to work on the update, some thing happened that caused me to feel angry, and later disappointed. Thing was with my parents, who can’t stand that I don’t want anything to be changed in my room. I couldn’t work on the update then, because my heart was filled with bad emotions, and I couldn’t focus on anything else. The next day wasn’t better, because it still kept a hold over me.
In Tuesday, I started to feel better. I was even planning that when I will get back from school, I will work on update. But someone had to ruin it again. I tried the same in Wednesday, but it was the same like in Tuesday. Well, guess I had bad days. Everyone has them sometimes. That’s why I told myself to not let myself to those emotions.
But I was really worried about updates. I was recently changing my deadline, and now, there was no update for some time. I thought people could get worried. And I don’t want that. I care for people.
And I would like to thank you for understanding my situation. You told me to not hurry, to take my time. And you’re right. I worked on this update without any hurry, to not rush things.
From now on, I think everything will be okay now. I’m still looking for a job, though. Phototechnical gear costs a lot, and I need money. Also, next week I’m gonna have a test from Phototechical Equipment and Photographical Process. First one is easy, since you have to learn mainly about types of lens, tripods, structure of medium format camera, and other thing. Second is gonna be uber hard, because it is all about chemistry. And this subject was never friendly to me.
Thank you once again for your support. It really means a lot to me.
Well, since my (A/N) already turned into mini twitter/facebook/blog from some time, I should add some technical notes too : )
So first is that I hope I haven’t made ending too flat in emotions. And second - you probably noticed that instead of paws, I was writing hands. That’s because when I look closer to
Housepets! characters, they actually have human shaped hands, The only difference is that they are big. So I think it’s more appropriate to write hands. I hope you don’t mind : )
Well, what I can say for ending… stay tuned : )
I'm a bookworm!
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

As for your new chapter of you fan-fic: Effin awesome!

As for your week's story: I know how it feels like, it feels terrible. Feel angered/sad/disappointed/angst from 7:00 AM to all the way to the end of the week, feels so darn terrible.

Well, I feel glad that you feel better now and I hope everything turns out better for you.
Also, magnificent work you did here, it was great! Keep it coming, your fan-fic is great.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
The Moon Howler

Finally an update! And a big one that is! Good job there, Karlos!

And don't worry too much about what happened to you - it seems to be world-wide lately and i don't mean just spring fever. I, for example, can barely make my own fic too :D. and something else - Always look on the bright side of Life! :D :D :D

My RP Characters
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Awesome, update, Karlos. I am always amazed at how much you can write.

I hope you are feeling better, Karlos. I love this fanfic, so I hope you can remain happy. :)
My characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

What a great update! simply amazing! And Bino's speech was just icing on the cake. I can't help but feel bad for Bino. the Good Ol’ Dogs Club was his last sanctuary without it he has nothing left. to make matters worse fox with king at end... I almost felt a "Et tu, Brute?" moment there... You Good Sir are amazing!!
I can't want to see what happens next!
valerio

Post by valerio »

I KNEW you'd come back with style, Karlos! Excellent job, a very much enjoyable read! :D :D :D And I'm much glad you have solved some of your personal issues, yay!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Russiarules1 wrote:Well, I feel glad that you feel better now and I hope everything turns out better for you.
Also, magnificent work you did here, it was great! Keep it coming, your fan-fic is great.
I hope so too. The only problem is that I cannot control time. There's a lot of stuff to do, and I don't have time to do all of this. Study, photos, correction in photoshop, exams, project for your teacher... a lot of stuff. Even when I have weekend, I don't have anough time. But I'm trying to find a solution for this.

Sure I will :) Just need to deal with exams first. They keep coming and coming. And I need to study for them. Toio bad it's warm outside xD
Sindorei wrote:Finally an update! And a big one that is! Good job there, Karlos!

And don't worry too much about what happened to you - it seems to be world-wide lately and i don't mean just spring fever. I, for example, can barely make my own fic too :D . and something else - Always look on the bright side of Life! :D :D :D
This one has 16 pages :) It's my new record.

I'm a type of person who sometimes bothers too much about some things or situations. But I can't help it, I was born with it. But I try to fight it.
You're right :) Life has good aspects, although it's not made from candy and chocolate. That's why I keep making small steps, so I can change everything on better. Even when you have bad days, they will be sooner or later switched by good days.
copper wrote:Awesome, update, Karlos. I am always amazed at how much you can write.

I hope you are feeling better, Karlos. I love this fanfic, so I hope you can remain happy.
I can't help it :) I read a lot of books and I think that's why I write such long chapters. Also, when a chapter is planned in my head, I just put it on paper MS Word document, just as I see it in my head. But number of pages depends from the plan that is in my head. So it can be various :)
Kondog wrote:What a great update! simply amazing! And Bino's speech was just icing on the cake. I can't help but feel bad for Bino. the Good Ol’ Dogs Club was his last sanctuary without it he has nothing left. to make matters worse fox with king at end... I almost felt a "Et tu, Brute?" moment there... You Good Sir are amazing!!
I can't want to see what happens next!
Famous line of Julius Caesar :) We used to repeat it when we were having our literature lessons in school.
I like your point of view. It's very interesting. Sanctuary... nice interpretation. Kinda true since he wanted to be praised.
And I can't wait to see what will happen next too ;)
valerio wrote:I KNEW you'd come back with style, Karlos! Excellent job, a very much enjoyable read! :D :D :D And I'm much glad you have solved some of your personal issues, yay!

And I am always glad to see you enjoying my work, Valerio :) Makes me smile shyly xD
So far it's going okay. I'm just worried about tomorrow. I have a test and exam. And I always hated formulas in chemistry. No matter how long I try to learn them, I always confuse them. My brain just hates to swallow them. I just hope to get a good grade from it.
But I believe that I will solve everything in time, even if it will go slow. Especially when I know that I have such wonderful readers :)
I'm a bookworm!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

I dunno who is more snarky and ungrateful, Matt, Bino, or even, King. (Even though King was correct about the water thing). So anyways I was reading this whole fic and you captured the feelings and emotions very good. In fact, it was awesome. Great update there, I really enjoyed it.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Barkeron wrote:I dunno who is more snarky and ungrateful, Matt, Bino, or even, King. (Even though King was correct about the water thing). So anyways I was reading this whole fic and you captured the feelings and emotions very good. In fact, it was awesome. Great update there, I really enjoyed it.
This may sound funny, but... since I've posted my fic and I was updating it, I was wondering when you will comment xD And here you are :)
I'm glad that you're enjoying my fic, Barkeron :) And I hope you will enjoy my next updates.
Barkeron wrote:I dunno who is more snarky and ungrateful, Matt, Bino, or even, King. (Even though King was correct about the water thing).
From what I see, King likes to be a grumpy type of man dog. He complains, is sarcastic and shows his frustration when something is not going like in his toughts, like it was when Pete did not allow him to go have fun at July Cookout. But that also shifts, his attitude changes and sunshine appears on his face. Before someone will cover it with clouds.

But I must confess that I was actually scared to commit Out Of Character when I was putting him into my fic. It's not that easy to portrait him like he's in comic xo

But you know... your question gave me an idea. If my fic will make a large progress, how about we make a poll from it ;)
Barkeron wrote:I was reading this whole fic and you captured the feelings and emotions very good.
Oh, then I'm glad :) It's very important to me to describe feelings well, so reader can feel them too.
I'm a bookworm!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Karlos wrote:
This may sound funny, but... since I've posted my fic and I was updating it, I was wondering when you will comment xD And here you are :)
Its like almost like magic. xD.
Karlos wrote:From what I see, King likes to be a grumpy type of man dog. He complains, is sarcastic and shows his frustration when something is not going like in his thoughts, like it was when Pete did not allow him to go have fun at July Cookout. But that also shifts, his attitude changes and sunshine appears on his face. Before someone will cover it with clouds.

But I must confess that I was actually scared to commit Out Of Character when I was putting him into my fic. It's not that easy to portrait him like he's in comic xo
You wasn't that far off, (i think), in trying to get King's character. And yeah I can image is not easy.
Karlos wrote:But you know... your question gave me an idea. If my fic will make a large progress, how about we make a poll from it ;)
That would be awesome. xD
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

happy day, great story still is rocking, EmoPeanut is back, and I'm still insane. Also.... Bino as a Cat. I think I just lost my mind again. That is awesome.... or did I ever have a brain..... uh...... sorry. Great story!
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

EmoPeanut wrote:happy day, great story still is rocking, EmoPeanut is back, and I'm still insane. Also.... Bino as a Cat. I think I just lost my mind again. That is awesome.... or did I ever have a brain..... uh...... sorry. Great story!

Uh... I think you might have the wrong story. Cjs fanfic has cat Bino. This is Karlos' equally epic story where Bino and King go almost head to head.
My characters
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

Darn it, so much confusion! I'm trying to remember. OH now I remember. Idiot EmoPeanut once again! Matt is still as cold as ever though. I'm going mad.
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Announcement

Unfortunetely, I won't be able to update this weekend : (
I have to prepare a semestral project for my teacher about contrasts. I must write when people started to describe it, the definition of it, how it is being used in traditional photography and today, techniques, methods of repair and so on. And since my teacher is picky about details, I must write a "masterpiece". So this weekend I will mostly spend with my nose in books.
Also I must make 2 kinds of portraits in photoshop - model being a beauty and vampire. And this will also take me a lot of time.
Well, seems school won't let me free again :) Like they say: first duties, then fun.
I'm a bookworm!