Housepets! Changing the Status Quo

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Kondog

Re: Housepets! Changing the Status Quo

Post by Kondog »

Also doth my eyes deceive me? 10,000 views? MILESTONE! I feel somewhat accomplish now! :mrgreen: not really sure how many fanfics have reached this milestone but I feel special now! So thank you all for sticking with me through it all! It is most appreciated! I feel almost obligated to celebrate somehow... any suggestions?

You should feel special! and you might be the first! to do so solely on 1 fiction, Grats are in order- If your over 21 I suggest a Drink for the Occasion,or if your not into Drinks maybe a fine meal, - I like the first Ideal better so E-cheers on 10,000
Cory

Post by Cory »

For such a good story, who would expect any LESS than 10,000 views? ;)
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

This story deserves twice as many views. Come on, people, we've been lazy here! :lol:

Congrats, Chris. I hope you find the perfect way to celebrate. :)
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

Although not really to celebrate the milestone I did get a new kitten today! I named him Le Pew though he looks nothing like Pepe! I just like the name! Also I doubt I'm the first to reach the milestone but still, it's pretty cool! I got to start my own ship (Follegra) that actually got support much to my surprise, and had a mod comment on my fic! So I'm quite happy with that! I guess the only thing that would make it better is if Rick himself commented huh? :lol:

Anywho since it's a pretty epic thing I feel as if I can share a bit, that is if anyone wants anything spoiled ahead of time! I'll leave that up to ya'll! If three people say nay I wont share, otherwise I'll go with whatever get the most votes by the time I post Friday

Things I have to spoil:
Who I have planned for Tarot
Who the Villian will be
What I have planned for the final update
Anything else ya'll can think of!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Thje villain. Spoil the last update, and you might ruin it.

It would be great to see who the villain is.
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

ChristopherJackal wrote:Although not really to celebrate the milestone I did get a new kitten today! I named him Le Pew though he looks nothing like Pepe! I just like the name! Also I doubt I'm the first to reach the milestone but still, it's pretty cool! I got to start my own ship (Follegra) that actually got support much to my surprise, and had a mod comment on my fic! So I'm quite happy with that! I guess the only thing that would make it better is if Rick himself commented huh? :lol:

Anywho since it's a pretty epic thing I feel as if I can share a bit, that is if anyone wants anything spoiled ahead of time! I'll leave that up to ya'll! If three people say nay I wont share, otherwise I'll go with whatever get the most votes by the time I post Friday

Things I have to spoil:
Who I have planned for Tarot
Who the Villian will be
What I have planned for the final update
Anything else ya'll can think of!
1) CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE NEW KITTEN!!! SQUEEEE!! :D :D :D :D :D I wish both and LePew long years of happiness together!
2) No, no, no spoiling. I am sooooo tempted, but you're doing such a good job that... Aw, who the heck I'm kidding?!? I need to know if we'll have CAROTH!
3) And yes, you're the first milestoner in the ficcie department, man! even the epic SIP has stopped under 10000. Hat off to you, Sir!
Cory

Post by Cory »

NO! NO SPOILERS :o ok ok you can do it if you want, I just won't look :shock:
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

10,000 views? Wow. Congrats CJ.
ChristopherJackal

“I hope you know I blame you for all this,” Thoth was still rather huffy as he prepared to leave Tarot’s house, “for all I know you planned this from the start.”

Tarot simply smiled as he started for the door, “even if I did, you should be grateful. Now is your chance to make friends, so make the best of it.”

Thoth rolled his eyes as he went, “right, make the best out of someone purposely trying to get under my skin.” He knew she was only trying to mess with him with this whole date idea, and it only bothered him more that it was actually working. His walk to the Freedom to Play club was slow going as he thought about what he was going to do about it, but it wasn’t until he was almost there that be decided he needed to fight fire with fire. If she was trying to get to him, he would do the same. There was no way he would back down to her.

Caramel was already waiting outside the club as Thoth finally made it, “took you long enough, being the guy shouldn’t you have been here first?”

“Oh, ha-ha! You’re lucky I showed up at all, I still say I should have won!” Thoth just had his arms crossed as he looked away.

“Are you always such a sore loser?” Caramel couldn’t help but laugh as she looked at the cat, “but anyhow we should go make sure everything is ready so lets go!” She flashed him a big smile as she held out a hand. When he didn’t react she shook her head and sighed, “Well aren’t you at least going to hold my hand?”

Thoth merely glared at the dog, “I know what you’re trying to do, so I’ll do you one better,” with that he wrapped an arm around her waist as they started to the club.

Caramel was actually surprised that he was pushing back; thus far nobody had ever done so. The thought of it actually amused her, “I hope you know what you are doing because I don’t back down,” saying that she lowered his hand from her waist to her hip and winked, “you better bring your best, got that cat?”

“I have no intentions on backing down, so bring it on dog!” As they entered the club they immediately set out to putting out all the snacks and making sure everything was set for the night’s festivities. Guests immediately started to arrive just minutes after they finished checking everything. “You ready for this?” Thoth was smiling big as he held out a hand.

Taking his hand Caramel returned the smile, “I was born ready.” With that they both took their spot behind the concessions and waited for the couple of the hour to arrived to officially start the party.

Soon enough the place started to fill, cats and dogs alike were flowing in all excited and talking amongst themselves about the new arrival. Eventually Fox, Sasha, King, and Allegra arrived with the news that everyone wanted to hear, Fido and Sabrina would be arriving soon accompanied by Peanut and Grape. As everyone waited Fiddler and Keys took the opportunity to get ready for music as soon as they arrived. Everyone knew Fido and Sabrina wouldn’t stay long but they wanted to make what little time they did spend there to be as big of a celebration as they could make it.

Peanut was the first to enter as he slightly wobbled on his crutches; “we’re here,” despite not entirely being stable as he went his tail was wagging up a storm. Grape was shaking her head as she followed close behind trying to keep him up right.

Finally the two that everyone had been waiting for entered, Sabrina carrying a small blanket with their child baby Trinity curled up inside, Fido standing next to her smiling. Almost immediately they were swarmed by everyone, Fido had to do his best to keep everyone at a reasonable distance.

Thoth continues to just watch from the side for about the next hour, he wanted to see the baby, but deep down he felt guilty that he couldn’t keep his promise. Fido wanted him to try his hardest to come back but he wasted his first two months, and now he was just wasting more time, only making friends as a cat. At this rate there was no way he could come back and be accepted by the neighborhood, he failed Fido and it was killing him inside.

Caramel was surprised as she watched the cat beside her; it was obvious that something was bothering him. What it was she didn’t know, but she definitely knew how to get him out of it. Most of the pets had spread out by now and were doing their own thing so now was her chance, as she cupped a hand around her mouth she yelled as loud as she could, “Hey everyone! Thoth here is antisocial; I say he needs a good hug from as many of you as possible! Come introduce yourself!”

Thoth was instantly snapped out of his train of thought as a mob started for him, his face was scrunched up and he was hissing as he looked to the now laughing dog, “I hate you for this, and I’m going to get you back!” In an instant he was surrounded by just about everyone, hugging and introducing themselves to him. For him it was like playing a game of hot potato, in which he was the potato.

For what seemed like hours he was passed from one person to the next, being introduced to everyone and anyone. Eventually he finally made his way to the couples in charge. Although he had met most of them the day before they all introduced themselves and gave him a hug, “we wanted to thank you for helping decorate yesterday, you and Caramel did a great job.”

Thoth smiled to the husky who was talking to him, “we worked hard on it, so I’m glad you like it,” his smile grew bigger as he came up with a plan, “actually if you could do me a favor…” As he got what he needed from them he finally turned his attention to the ones he was trying to avoid, “good luck with your family.” He put on the best smile he could as he looked at the sleeping child in her mother’s arms, the guilt eating at him once again.

Sabrina just smiled at the fellow cat, the small bundle in her arms started to stir before beginning to cry, “thank you for everything you did to help with this party it is greatly appreciated, but I think we should be leaving soon unfortunately.” She was rocking the child softly as the crying slowly stopped

Thoth continued to smile and nodded his head, as he looked at the small infant his guilt started to melt a bit, “I understand, family comes first, but if you could do me a favor before you go…”

Getting what he needed from the two he finally managed to return to the laughing dog that had sent him on his little adventure, “did you have fun meeting everyone?” She flashed him a smile before putting on a pouty face, “Though it’s rude to leave your date alone for so long you know!”

This time Thoth flashed a smile before turning to the two cats on stage and nodding. Seeing his cue they immediately got everyone to clear a space in the middle of the room before starting some slow music. Thoth was smiling as big as ever as he turned back to Caramel holding out a hand, “I told you I’d get you back, so shall we dance?”

Caramel was completely thrown off guard as she actually started to blush a bit, “I… I don’t know how to dance…”

This only inflated his ego even more, “then let me lead, and just follow. I know what I’m doing.” Before she could argue again he grabbed her hand and led her to the center of the circle, everyone eyes were on them as he placed a hand on her back and hers on his shoulder, “just let me lead and you’ll do fine got it?”

As they started dancing Caramel was blushing like crazy. She knew he had the upper hand on her and that infuriated her, what was worse was she couldn’t do anything about it. Truth be told though, she was amazed at how gracefully and skillfully he was leading her around the floor. Shaking her head she tried her hardest to keep track of the steps. She wouldn’t allow herself to stay underneath him for long; she had to regain the upper hand. Through sheer determination alone she managed to get a general grasp of the dance steps just as the first song was ending, as it did she flashed him a more mischievous smile, “My turn to lead.”

Thoth wasn’t expecting it as she took the lead and forced him into the more submissive dance stance, normally being the leader he was actually having trouble keeping up as she started to lead him around. His mind was in overdrive as he tried to think of a way to regain control. He had her where he wanted her but now she was in control and he needed to get it back. He knew his chance would come at the songs end; he was a more experience dancer so he knew how to end a dance in a way to guarantee himself the victory.

Caramel was smiling to herself as she heard the song beginning to end; she took control and kept it throughout their dance. As soon as it ended she would consider herself the victor and gloat once again. As she let her mind wander she didn’t notice Thoth was taking control again and as the final beats of the song played she found herself draped over his arm looking up into his eyes. The way he was smiling at her made her heart beat begin to race. Her blush severely deepened as the crowd around them cheered. She had been so focused on beating him that she had forgot all about them, and now she lost to him to top it off. “Great…” All she could do now was hang her head in defeat, “I hate you I hope you know.” She was desperate to hide her blush as she walked back to the concession.

Thoth was simply smiling as big as ever, “with the way you’re blushing I doubt it,” his smile grew bigger as she turned to glare at him, “I say you owe me twice now.”

Her eyes flared at what he was saying, “Twice? I don’t think so! You have skill with that dance I’ll give you that, but I had just as much control as you did so you’re lucky that you get just one!”

Thoth’s expression didn’t change as he pulled a slip of paper from his collar, “fine I’ll accept that one, but according to this I’d say it warrants a second victory.”

Caramel was very much upset as she swiped the paper from him, but as she read the slip of paper her powerful personality slowly slipped into defeat, “this is about the rooms?”

Thoth nodded as his tail started to sway, “it is, I asked those whose opinions actually mattered on which room is better and as you can see I win with a five to three vote. I told you I won and now I have proof!”

Caramel’s heart sunk as he hung her head low, “f… fine… you win… twice. What do you want?” She could feel her fists start to ball up; there was nothing she hated more than losing.

Thoth was beaming with delight, “I want what you wanted! A date!”

“What?” her eyes were the size of saucers as she heard his request.

“You heard me, you can take me to go see the new Pridelands movie and pay for the food and drinks. That will count for both my wins.”

“No way! I hate the Pridelands series!” She had her arms crossed as she looked away, “what makes you think I’d want to date you anyhow?”

“With the way you were blushing I’d say you did, deny it all you want but you were swooning,” again she glared at him, but he continued on anyhow, “I’ll admit I’m not into the Pridelands series either, but hey I won so I get to make the decisions whether you like it or not.”

Caramel’s arms remained crossed as she continued to glare, “fine, you want a date then you’ll get one. A real one, so try to not have your feathers ruffled when you can’t keep up with me.”

“I can hold my own; obviously I bested you tonight didn’t I?”

The way he was smiling was pushing her over the edge, “did you?” Before he could say anything else she moved up and kissed him deeply and passionately, it wasn’t until they pulled apart that she smiled,” I told you I don’t back down, so I’d like to see you beat that!”

Thoth was left there stammering as he tried to figure out what just happened, and as he did he started to blush now only causing her to laugh, “y… you still owe me the date…” his mind was a jumbled mess as he tried to focus again.

“Face it cat you can’t out do me!” She had to turn around before he noticed she was blushing again, somehow she actually enjoyed the kiss, “now take me home, I’m done for the night.”

Thoth wasn’t in any better condition as they started off; his mind was severely stuck on the kiss. He could feel his tail sway just at the thought of it, why was he letting it get to him like this? The walk to her house was abnormally quiet as they both kept to themselves, upon reaching the house they simply nodded and parted ways. Deep down they were both actually looking forward to the date, though they'd never admit it.

So not sure I completely like the way this one turned out, but I do like it nonetheless. It probably would have come out better, but I spent more time with my new kitty so I didn't work on it as much as I probably should have... sorry... also, I didn't focus on Trinity much because right now Thoth and Caramel are the main focus. Seems some feelings are starting to show but both are too hard headed to admit it. That's always fun, and now they have a second date planned.

As for spoilers well only two actual votes were made with not enough nays to void it so if you don't want to know don't highlight kay? And just so ya'll know I'm spoiling the villian since I'm covering Caramel and Thoth in the story.

Answer: Maxwell. Though to know why and how you'll just have to wait and see!
valerio

Post by valerio »

I
LOVED
IT! :D :D :D :D
In one single chapter, maestro, you set in motion an incredible sequence of events and potentials! Bravissimo!
Caroth is simply overwhelming! Cuteness, love, challenge, and two personalities that won't concede so easily to each other, yet so attracted to each other!
WOW!
loomCAT

Post by loomCAT »

Hmm... This budding relationship could turn out to be entertaining to observe...

Also, it seems peculiar that Maxwell would be the antagonist for this arc... but at the same time it makes a strange kind of since that it would be him considering that he'd be fighting against Bino/Thoth and, possibly even, the Grapenut pair.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

They could only love each other, those stubborn fools. :lol:

Great update, CJ. And I like the villain. Seems almost perfect.
My characters
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Nnnaghhh.... a well-made chapter... I hate love... I can only hope that the "villian" brings Bino back to the "right" side.
Bino

Post by Bino »

Awww i totally knew they were gonna kiss at some point! Great update CJ!

In response to who the villain is: dang it! I thought it was gonna be Joey cause he'd get back from the farm and suddenly have become jealous of the other leaders' popularity even though he started the club
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
ChristopherJackal

I actually like the idea of caramel and Thoth, everyone else got together based of of similarities and whanot. It's nice to change it up a bit and make it a kind of competition that brings them closer. :mrgreen: Though with the Bino situation stalking in the background, it can't be se in stone yet.

As for my little spoiler, I have good reason for who it is, so no worries there. Just have to wait and see how it goes! :mrgreen:
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

I loved this update! Caramel and Thoth what and cute couple! there so much awesomeness in this one updated it's hard to describe how I feel about it- just know this might be one of my favorites.--I absolutely can't wait to see their date turns out! :D
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Caramel and Thoth? This will be some pairing. lol. And Max? The new enemy? o.O
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Awesome update CJ! Keep up the good work! I loved the dance fight!
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Skruffy

Post by Skruffy »

Looooved it~ Caramel and Thoth :D
Absol

Post by Absol »

I fully support Caramel/Thoth as another pairing in this story. Not to mention as another reason for Thoth to go back to being Bino; he seems to have finally found his niche in life, even if it wasn't where he expected it.
ChristopherJackal

“Guys, I have somewhere to be,” Fox was trying his hardest to get out of being the referee once again for the neighborhood competitors, who were at it once again.

Caramel rolled her eyed as she pushed Fox to the assigned tree, “this won’t take long so you can relax. We’ll be racing from over there you just have to call it if it comes close.” She flashed the husky a smile before turning to the cat beside her, “though I doubt you’ll have to, there’s no way he’ll keep up!”

Thoth had his chest puffed out as he stuck out his tongue, “I’m a cat, and we’re naturally faster! I’d say you are going to need a lot more than luck to even stand a chance.”

Fox was shaking his head as the two continued arguing as they headed for the starting line, “not sure how much more I can take of these two …” letting out a sigh he held up the flag he was given, “lets get this over with…”

Thoth and Caramel took their spots side by side as Fox held up the flag, “I hope you’re ready to lose,” Thoth was smiling as he got on all fours, ready to run.

Caramel wasn’t fazed by his remark, “we’ll see who loses to who when I finish first cat,” Immediately after she got on all fours the flag was waved and they took off.

The race was close with Thoth in the lead by what seemed to be just an inch but his lead was short lived as the race continued on. Passing the half way mark it was getting to be difficult to tell who was winning as they were just about neck and neck, one taking the lead for just a second before the other took it back. The straight path to the awaiting husky was quickly coming to an end, and both were huffing as the finish line neared but one managed to push just a little more to pull out a definitive win.

Fox was actually surprised at how fast they went, never had he seen someone go that fast. These two could possibly be too competitive for their own good. Nevertheless he walked over and raised the panting dog’s arm over her head, “by a small margin I declare Caramel the winner.”

“Ha…” Caramel was trying to gloat but her constant panting was preventing her from doing so, “I… win!”

Fox had his arms crossed as he watched the two panting away, “If you two lovebirds are done, like I said before I have stuff to do so I’ll see you around.” Before they could respond he turned and took his leave.

Thoth was rather upset with both Fox’s comment and losing to Caramel, “I… need… some water…” he was still breathing rather hard as he headed for the fountain.

Caramel was still beaming brightly in her success as she followed behind, “Ha! I’m the best, and that makes us fifteen to fourteen! I win!”

After getting his drink Thoth was finally able to speak right, “no way! First to twenty is the best!”

Caramel was obviously unamused, “you said that for fifteen, ten, and five!” The way she was grinning only irked him more, “face it you’re always one behind! You can’t beat me!”

“Oh yeah?” Without warning Thoth had pounced on the dog and they found themselves wrestling around on the floor, “I’ll never accept defeat, I can and will beat you!”

The two continued to roll around the floor fighting for dominance, but eventually Caramel managed to get on top and pin his shoulders down, “ha I win again, that’s sixteen to fourteen! In your face!”

“Get off!” Thoth was trying his hardest to get up but much to his surprise she had him securely pinned.

Having him pinned, Caramel was ready to take every opportunity to gloat, “awww is the little kitty upset that he lost?” as she lowered her head closer to his she could see he was starting to blush a bit, “oh and he’s blushing too! How cute!”

“I said get off! And I’m not blushing!” Thoth was only getting more and more flustered as he struggled underneath the dog, he knew there was only one way out of it. Before she could say anything else he leaned up and gave her a kiss, temporarily breaking her focus long enough for him to get up and pin her, “Ha! Make that fifteen to sixteen! I’m catching up!” He grin only grew bigger as he looked down and she was also blushing, “and to top it all off, now look who is blushing!”

The dachshund was getting frustrated now, “yeah well you were blushing first! So there!” As she struggled more it was becoming apparent she wouldn’t be able to break his hold, “you know it’s rude to have a lady pinned down, so get off!”

Thoth was actually somewhat amused at this, “you weren’t acting so lady like before, why start now? Having to resort to such pitiful excuses now?”

This time she leaned in closer to him smiling rather mischievously, “because if the movie is tonight you must give me some time to freshen up for our date!” As he loosened his grip she got up and started dusting herself off, “you pushed me into this date, so I’m going to give you a real date! I told you I don’t back down.” Giving him a quick kiss she gave him a wink before turning to leave, “you should feel special, I don’t freshen up for just anyone!”

Thoth’s mind went blank as he watched the dog walk away, his face was severely heated as his blush deepened. “Snap out of it!” Slapping himself a few times he tried to regain his focus, “you can’t be having feelings for that dog, if you do then you will never want to go back to being Bino!” The cat was now in a deep argument with himself as he headed back to his home. Part of him really like being a cat, he was actually happy. Happier than he could ever remember being as a dog, but the promise he made to Fido was always lingering in the back of his mind. If it weren’t for that promise he would seriously consider this new life, he wanted nothing more than to just forget that promise but deep down he knew he couldn’t. He wanted to talk to Fido as his true self but there was just no way of doing so, not until it would be too late.

Thoth had remained so lost in thought that before he knew it, it was already time to head out once again and Tarot was intent on him being prompt. “From what I hear you two seem to like to compete so it’s best you arrive early enough to get any of your shenanigans out of the way before the movie starts.”

“Ha, it’ll probably last long into and after the movie.” He was definitely smiling from ear to ear, he had to admit he loved the competitions even if she had potentially a bigger ego than he did. “She’s got one up on me now, but I’ll be on top once this date is over.”

Tarot just ignored his boastful attitude, since the whole thing started she had heard more than her fair share of it, “so since this is an actual date, will anything become official between you two?”

Thoth could instantly feel his cheeks redden, “w… what are you talking about?”

Tarot couldn’t help but smile, “you can’t hide anything from me, even if I wasn’t psychic with the way you talk about her and how much you do it’s kind of obvious.”

Thoth was unable to keep eye contact as he continued to blush harder and harder, “I can’t, not if I want to be Bino still! I won’t let anything get in the way of that!” As he inched closer to the door, he was definitely in a hurry to be out of there, “so… see you later Tarot.” Saying what he did didn’t really make him feel any better, he knew he only said it to try and convince himself but it was far from working.

“Before you go…” Placing a hand on his shoulder her expression changed to one more serious, “I know you are definitely struggling with your thoughts right now, but when you return I can help you truly make a decision if you need me to. Remember that as you enjoy the night.” With that her smile returned as she shoved him out the door, “Now go sweep her off her feet before she sweeps you off yours!”

So I'm keeping the Caramel/Thoth ball a rollin with this one, as usual they are still at it and will continue to compete. It's just what they do. But here we get to see a little bit of what Thoth is thinking about it though, he still wants to be Bino but now he also likes being a cat. Seems he's in quite the pickle! I wanted to note that I initially planned on the movie date to be in this update, but I've been so tired with my new kitten waking me up ever few hours every night that I couldn't work on it as much as I wanted. Honestly I almost decided to skip this weeks update entirely I was so tired but I shortened it up a bit and got it done! I moved the date to next weeks update so I hope ya'll don't mind for those looking forward to it! Anywho I hope ya'll enjoyed more fun with Thoth and caramel! :mrgreen:
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

ChristopherJackal wrote: Anywho I hope ya'll enjoyed more fun with Thoth and caramel! :mrgreen: [/color]
Enjoyed it? I sure did. Romance with completion can have some interesting mix.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Caroth is by far the most intriguing relationship I've seen in this ficcie.
Excellent job, CJ! :D :D
Bino

Post by Bino »

CJ your updates are always so cute and romantic :)
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Another good update ChristopherJackal!

Confusion becomes sadness, sadness becomes hate, hate becomes power and Power leads to freedom... HA HA HAaaaa!
ChristopherJackal

So with the movie date and whatnot I'll probably start wrapping it up with Thoth and Caramel and then start wrapping everything up as a whole. So this story is slowly but surely starting to wind down for the end. I do believe I have everything planned out now so should be fun! :mrgreen:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Yay!
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

What a awesome Update! I really do Like this Caramel \Thoth-relationship. The way his promise he made to Fido- as Bino holds him back-Holds him back as Thoth with Caramel --Mind-blowing really-- this part of the story almost seems to have a life of its own. I really can't want to see what Tarot has in mind to help Thoth/Bino make his choice.- Now I Must see what happens next
ChristopherJackal

Jessie couldn’t help but smile as he brushed his dog’s dark brown coat. She had always been the tough one with a competitive attitude, so seeing her get all spruced up on account of a date she got stuck into made the moment something he’d definitely remember. “So Caramel, when will I get to meet this special cat of yours?”

Caramel could easily see the way he was smiling at her through the mirror in front of her, “Dad! It’s not like that! He’s so… so… egotistical, and arrogant! And… and!”

“Handsome? Charming?”

“Well yeah and a great competitor…” As the realization of what she was saying dawned on her she immediately started blushing, “No! I mean no! He’s a jerk! He believes he is better than me, can you believe that?”

Jessie just simply embraced his dog in a hug, “being your dad I have to say no, because nobody is better than you pumpkin! But… I can’t help but mention your little Freudian slip just now,” again he smiled at his dog as he resumed brushing her coat, “you have to remember your dad is a psychologist, and even if I wasn’t, I know a crush when I see one.”

“N….no! I’m just proving myself better! I don’t ever back down from a challenge!” The dog was smiling triumphantly as the brushing was finally done, “he’ll just be another name on my list of beaten foes!”

“And you say he is arrogant?” Laughing to himself Jessie got up from where he was sitting and left the room, as he returned he had a few bows in different colors in his hand, “so if you want to look nice for your date, I say you need yourself a nice big ribbon. So what color will it be?”

As she looked at the various colors one stuck out the most, it was a very dark shade of red. It was the typical red that would be seen wrapped around a box of chocolates on Valentine’s and for what she had planned it was going to work perfectly. “I want the red one!” She could feel her tail start to wag franticly as he took it and tied it around her neck.

As he finished his work he had his dog spin around a few times, “for someone who doesn’t like to freshen up, you look simply divine. I’m sure he’ll fall head over heels when he gets a look at you.” As she blushed again he gave her a light pat on the back, “before you go though…” Turning around he pulled out a camera from what seemed like nowhere and proceeded to take a picture of Caramel, “I’m framing this.”

“Daaaaaad! Please don’t!” Caramel was pouting as she tried and failed to reach the camera. After several failed attempts she finally gave up with a loud, “humph!” Jessie continued to smile as he slowly walked her to the door, “you better not frame it dad!”

“If I do I’ll be sure not to tell you deal?” He was still smiling as he waved to her, “have fun!”

Caramel just let out another huff as she started on her way, “that’s why I don’t like to dress up!” Rolling her eyes she continued on her way. With it being the Pridelands movie she had managed to preorder two tickets just before they sold out but she wanted to get their early for at least some decent seats. There was no way she was going to tolerate sitting in the front row straining her neck looking up. Her annoyance from her dad was quickly fading the more she thought about the date. This was to be her first actual date, even if it was to beat her supposed date it was still her first one nonetheless. Soon enough the theatre came into view and as expected there were cats everywhere. As she waited in line for her tickets she was quite surprised how fast it was moving, in no time she had her tickets and was inside, “now where is the nuisance?”

“Caramel? What are you doing here?”

The dog nearly jumped out of her skin at the voice behind her, turning around sure enough there was Peanut with his crutches, Grape, Fox, and Allegra smiling at her if not looking slightly confused, “Oh hey, at least I’m not the only dog here… that’s a relief.”

The four exchanged glances as she laughed nervously, Fox was the first one to actually say something. “So why are you here? I didn’t know you liked Pridelands.” There was already a line forming for the theatre so the group decided to get in line before it got long.

Caramel could feel herself start to blush, “w… well I’m a… actually meeting someone here…”

Grape was already smiling as she watched the nervous dog, “I may be the newest one for the club and all but as far as I can tell I don’t remember you ever looking this dressed up for anything. Must be a very special person then?” Grape laughed as the dog’s blush deepened, “so who is he?”

“i… it’s not like that! H… honest!” Caramel was fighting to keep herself from stammering, “I don’t like him!”

“I know who it is,” Fox was smiling from ear to ear as all the attention went to him, “though I’m sure it should be obvious. You two have only been competing just about every day since you met.”

As if on cue Thoth came walking up, “hey sorry I kind of lost track of time! How late am I?”

Quickly Caramel stood up and put him in her spot, “just in time, now stay here and I’ll get snacks!” As fast as she could she was out of there.

“So…” Fox was still smiling as big as ever, “she is here on a date with you? I’m surprised she agreed to see this movie. Most dogs aren’t a fan and refuse to see it for any reason.”

Now Thoth was smiling as well, “I know, but she didn’t have a choice! She lost so I got to make the decision!” He puffed his chest out with pride.

Allegra raised an eyebrow, “she lost? What like a bet?”

“Yup!” As they sat there Thoth explained everything that led up to the date, swelling with pride as he recalled his victorious moments.

Fox was thoroughly amused as he sat and listened, “so what did she get for winning today? She kicked your butt pretty bad this afternoon!” Again the group laughed as Thoth pouted.

“We only made a bet the first time so she got nothing but the victory, though tonight I’m going to reclaim the victory!”

“By winning her heart?” Once again Grape managed to make someone blush, making her laugh once again, “so you like her too then I presume?”

“W…what? No! She forced me on the first date, so I’m just getting payback is all!” Thoth was a deep shade of red as his tail started to sway.

Before the conversation could continue Caramel returned holding a bucket of popcorn and a large drink, “I only got one drink, I figured we can share!” Caramel had to try her best to ignore the stares of the others, she had to focus and their comments were not helping. Soon enough they were finally allowed in and as they took their seats they happened to be right in front of Grape and Peanut.

Thoth wasted no time trying to push her buttons as the movie started, yawning he stretched an arm over her shoulder and smiled.

“Cheesy comes ons? You’re going to have to try harder than that cat,” She simply smiled up to him as she leaned her head onto his shoulder.

“Fine I’ll do you one better,” Leaning his head down he kissed the top of her head, “You look amazing by the way.”

“I know, though you could have tried harder.” Caramel was trying to sound as normal as possible but her tail was wagging like crazy at the compliment.

As the two were getting comfortable a certain lavender cat leaned in between them, “hey keep it down, some of us are here to watch the movie and not to make out.”

Both blushed furiously as their attention went back to the movie, Caramel was trying to get into it but it just couldn’t keep her attention long enough. Looking up Thoth seemed to have lost interest in being competitive and was actually watching the movie. Frowning she could feel her heart drop a bit; she knew she wanted the attention back. Sitting upright once again she decided to raise up the arm rest between them and snuggle closer to him, resting her head across his chest.

Thoth’s heart began to race as his attention snapped back to the dog practically spread out across him, closing his eyed he took one deep breath trying to focus himself. If he didn’t relax she’d notice how fast his heart was racing and that wouldn’t end well as far as he was concerned. As soon as he was relaxed again he managed to wrap an arm around her, pulling her closer. Although he didn’t want to admit it, he was really enjoying this closeness.

A small smile was creeping across the dog’s face as she enjoying the warmth coming from her date. She didn’t want to admit it but she was falling for the cat, but there was no way she was going to tell him that. As the movie progressed Caramel could feel herself falling asleep, the combination of warmth and the subtle vibrations were slowing working on her. Thinking about it her eyes suddenly popped open, Thoth was purring! Her smile steadily grew at the realization; he was enjoying her company just as much as she enjoyed his. Looking up to him her smile turned to a more mischievous grin, “you’re purring cat! Is there something you want to tell me?”

Thoth was instantly blushing again, “N… no! Now shhh, I’m trying to watch the movie!”

“Awww he’s getting nervous, you know I can feel your heartbeat right? I can feel it racing!” Taking control was making her feel a bit bolder as she kept egging him on, there was only one response she wanted from him and she was determined to get it. Raising her head she licked his cheek, “you sure there isn’t something you want to say?” She was moving closer to him, leaving a small gap between them, “I know you like me, just admit it. Make things easier for yourself.”

Thoth was now more nervous than ever, but with her staring intently into his eyes he couldn’t focus enough to think straight. He wanted to deny it, but as he opened his mouth to speak her lips met his completely catching him off guard and breaking through any resistance he would have put up. The only thing he could think as he wrapped his arms around her was, “I can’t go back….” He loved this dog, and there was no way he could ever let her go.

The two kept in their embrace until they started to feel something prodding at them from behind, looking back Grape was poking at them with one of Peanut’s crutches glaring at them, “get a room, we’re trying to watch a movie here! Distract us again and you will be sorry!” With her expression, it was clear she wasn't joking around

Thoth looked back to the dog in his arms and smiled, “care to blow this bore fest?” As she nodded he was about to get up when he was hit with inspiration for a fun night, “how about we liven things up her before we go?”

“What do you have in mind?” Caramel had to stiffen her giggles as Thoth relayed to her the plan, and with a nod of the head they went about causing their chaos. The two took their popcorn and started to throw it everywhere as they ran around like crazy. Each person they passed who had a snack of any sort was taking and thrown along with everything else. Within minutes the crowd was in chaos and security was called in and the pair found themselves thrown out of the theatre laughing like crazy.

“See and that is how you end a date right there!” Thoth was beaming once again with pride, “do I know how to plan things or what?”

“But it’s not until I get involved that your little plans become a success, you can thank me later of course. I need to wash up now that I’m sticky and covered in butter.” Caramel was a little disappointed with getting dirty like that, she had worked hard freshening up for this date and it was all ruin in such a short time.

“Here let me help you with that,” Walking up behind her Thoth gently licked her face as she blushed, “cats have an unnatural ability to clean with our tongues you know.”

Caramel was definitely a little uncomfortable with it, “that’s a little weird quit it!”

The cat simply smiled, “are you saying you don’t like it? I’d guess otherwise by the way your tail is swaying. Beside I told you I don’t back down so I’d say you backing out first makes me the winner!”

“No way, there is no way you can top that kiss from before I win!” Caramel has her arms crossed as her tail continued to wag.

Thoth wanted to argue more but a yawn escaped his mouth before he could, “you know what we’ll call it a draw for now, I’m tired and need to clean up. I’ll admit though the date went rather well wouldn’t you say?”

Smiling Caramel nuzzled into the cat, “I’d say so, but don’t think I’m done with you yet. I’m still the best and I intend on proving it as many times as I can!”

“I’m looking forward to it dog. You may mean a lot to me, but don’t think that means I’ll go easy on you.” with that the two started off home snuggly cuddled together. It wasn’t until they reached her house and embraced in a final goodnight kiss that two parted ways, and the thoughts of his failure to his brother finally sank in. His heart said he was happy, happier than he ever had been before, but his head was filled with sorrow and regret. He wanted to hate himself for being greedy and choosing his own happiness but he just couldn’t go back no matter how much he would want to. He finally had to admit to himself that there was no way to repair the bridges he burned as Bino. He only wished that somehow he could at least talk to Fido; tell him how sorry he was… Thoth was too lost in thought as he entered the house that he never noticed the Pomeranian standing at the door, her eyes glowing a bright green.

The last thing the cat heard before everything went black was, “tomorrow your future will be set, rest well.” With that Tarot managed to take Thoth to his room with the help of the spirits.

Date was a success it seems like, yay for Thoth and Caramel. Nothing beats getting thrown out of the movies. Though getting knocked out isn't the way Thoth planned on ending his day I'm sure... oh well I suppose. I'll probably wrap up the Thoth stuff by next update and start ending this up. So should be too many updates left. How exciting!
valerio

Post by valerio »

MEGADAWWWWWW!! :D :D :D :D
Redeemed Bino ROCKS!
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

:evil: NOoooooooooooooooo! ughh... it's a good chapter... if this is what your into...
The Moon Howler

Now that is what I call an awesome date! CJ, you really know how to make it right!
and if that didn't make my day
then that
:
KizerZin wrote: :evil: NOoooooooooooooooo! ughh...

You even defeated the Evil :D
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

WOW!!! Now that's an Epic update, some of your best work in my opinion,the Thoth\Caramel relationship is simply amazing... No, better than amazing ** Koddog grabs the thesaurus off the shelf** it was prodigious

the way you conjure emotions is nothing short of amazing. To make four words mean so much, must take an incredible amount of effort and foresight Bravo CJ Bravo.

“I can’t go back….”

I found the last paragraphs especially meaningful as far as character growth and development is concerned. Thoth/Bino has really come a long way. I really can't wait to see what happens next update~
valerio

Post by valerio »

speaking of Caramel, this episode's date just made me think of THIS song. i find it quite fitting :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiPr6U77 ... re=related

(Weekend - by Earth and Fire)
Bino

Post by Bino »

Woot caramel+thoth!!!! Is there an official ship name for them? Cause they're the new Follegra! (i still like follegra more, but.. *shrugs*)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Bino wrote:Woot caramel+thoth!!!! Is there an official ship name for them? Cause they're the new Follegra! (i still like follegra more, but.. *shrugs*)
*cough cough* suggested 'Caroth' *cough cough*
The Moon Howler

Bino wrote:Woot caramel+thoth!!!! Is there an official ship name for them? Cause they're the new Follegra! (i still like follegra more, but.. *shrugs*)
How about "Thoramel"? :D

My RP Characters
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Great updaate, CJ.

This is the best fanfic still updating! I never miss one.
My characters
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Another great update from you CJ. What a way to end a date. haha. xD.
Skruffy

Post by Skruffy »

Caramel and Thoth are just too cute! :D I'm wondering how Max will do to mark himself as the villain though