Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Barking With The Blues [PG/PG-13] 

Post Barking With The Blues [PG/PG-13]
For a long time I have been wanting to write a Housepets! fanfic, but I had no idea where to start or what to write about. Over the past two years, there have been many changes in my life; some good, some bad. Yet all of them have inspired me in my idea of a fanfic.

This fic, although it will follow some of Rick's characters, will have a primary focus on a family of three that has moved from Austria to Babylon Gardens: A divorced father wanting the love of his son, a 15 year-old son that is facing the joys and hardships of his teenage years, and their adopted Australian Shepherd, who has a passion for music, but struggles with his own problems as he tries to incorperate himself in the pet community.

I say that this fic is PG/PG-13 because while I will be trying to keep the story as fun and enjoyable as possible, there will occasionally be the addition of subjects such as peer pressure, drama, societal taboos, and battling addictions sprinkled throughout.

I am aware that there are many young viewers on this forum and that is part of why I am making this fic. As a teenager, I dealt with peer pressure, family drama, and had problems with drugs, alcohol, and tobacco products. I want to create a story that is interesting to read, but sheds light on relatable subjects and shows that there is no glory in addiction. As per forum rules, I won't be including illegal substances, the use of substances with human minors, or graphic depictions of the effects of these items. It's a HP! fanfic, not Breaking Bad. I want to spread a positive and relatable message to the youth of this forum, but like I said, these will be subjects mentioned occaisionally, not major plot points.

Moderators, if I cross or tread too close to any lines, message me and I will make any needed editing.

As for the storyline, the main focus will be mainly focused on the dog Mikael and his life with the pets in BG. The father and son will also be characters, but their involvement will generally be related to Mikael. It will also put some focus on other pets in the community and their development.

The fanfic will start about the time at the end of the HP! arc "The King And I" (Arc 69), so most of the content featured during and before that arc will have already happened in this fic.
If anyone would like any of their characters included in this universe or have any questions about it, feel free to message me.

I am currently drafting the pilot and will post it once I feel it is ready.

Guitar Fact #47: If the gain is any lower than 10, it isn't metal enough

Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]