Houspets: PoP - vol. 1 thru 3 (PG-13)

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

musclecar326

Re: Houspets: PoP - A Lost Hope (PG-13)

Post by musclecar326 »

Oh my god!!! This story made me cry, laugh, yell, and make me beg for more. The last post was almost a month ago and im very worried that there wont be another update, so please help me out and tell me there is going to be another update!!!! Please please!!
Yes, I am a furry.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

musclecar326 wrote:Oh my god!!! This story made me cry, laugh, yell, and make me beg for more. The last post was almost a month ago and im very worried that there wont be another update, so please help me out and tell me there is going to be another update!!!! Please please!!
Hey, Musclecar326. :3 It's great to have a new reader. I am by no means intending to end this story before I complete it. Sometimes I just don't feel up to writing and when that happens I fear forcing myself to do so because it would turn out crappy. Just be patient and thanks for the compliments. :3 Also, expect update either today or tomorrow.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

That's great and i understand what you mean by not forcing yourself to write. Continue the fantastic story!
Yes, I am a furry.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Sorry for the delay once again. >.< ...and I haven't yet had a chance to have someone review it so please note me any corrections you think I need to make.

---------Chapter 8

I scrolled down on the mouse wheel as I skimmed through the document. It outlined in great detail an audio triggered mind-based program. I wasn’t able to make out part of the first few paragraphs as I read it. “A bit too technical for me,” I mumbled to myself under my breath. However, as I read I noticed some sections of the paper obviously typed by him. I continued reading and got to a chart that sequenced out samples of commands that could be activated by calling them out in order. “How…?” I asked myself as I leaned back in my chair and crossed an arm over my chest and put a paw on my face before rubbing it down the top of my muzzle and sighing. I didn’t know what to say or think of this…it was clear Keith had known about this information since that mission he’d recovered this file. I looked at one sample that sounded familiar as I read the command line and how it worked.
“Whisky Oscar Lima Foxtrot Zero One Activate (Military alphabet will be used for calling out subject activation, in this case WOLF01, followed by the word ‘activate’ to start code recognition, numbers will be used to denote multiple units in the case of using more than one subject in the field.

Command Priority One (Note: Sets the priority for the following command, in the case of multiple priority commands, priority one will be carried out above all else. If not able to successfully carry out first command, Priority Two command will replace priority one, Priority Three will replace Priority Two and so on. Command Priorities limited to four due to lack of decision making while Activated.)
…Time Delay (Note: Optional for setting a time delay action for the command)

…Zero Nine (Note: Denotes the value of the time delay in minutes, testing only managed to get the subject’s brains to allow up to a 2-digit minute time…attempting to shorten to seconds or lengthen to multiple hours caused emotional side effects in most test-subjects.)

The next paragraph graphed a large set of commands categorized by type. Offensive, Defensive and Support. For most of them there was a secondary command listed. I couldn’t believe how many actions there were. I recognized one for some reason. Escape with the secondary Stealth My eyes stopped on another one Attack <Insert Name of Known Individual> Note: Name must be known by appearance to the subject in order for it to be effective. Juan Morales’s bloodied face suddenly flashed in my mind, causing me to shudder. …not from the violent image of something like that but from the fact that I’d done it without knowing. If someone could make me do that to someone…a friend or loved one… I shook my head and wiped a paw across my face as I sighed. “No…I won’t let that happen.” I whispered to myself. How could I be sure, though?

A knock at the door to my room startled me as I closed the lid to the laptop again. As I walked to the door I found myself wiping my eyes for some reason…apparently still a little bothered by the information I’d just learned about myself. I exhaled sharply before opening the door. I attempted a smile that said everything was okay. It helped that Emily was at my door as the sides of my muzzle turned a bit more upward. “Hey Emily,” I greeted as my tail started wagging. She smiled as she looked up at me with a tray with some food on it. Her tail was wagging and I looked over my shoulder at the bedside clock. It read 5:30. Have I really been reading for that long?

“H-Hey Light,” she replied, blushing as she noticed her tail was wagging. “May I come in?” she asked as she looked down and to the side submissively.

“S-Sure,” I said as I also blushed a little, stepping aside for her to pass by. The tray looked a little heavy for her since it had two helpings of the dinner meal. “Here, allow me?” I said as I lifted the tray from her paws. She giggled as she looked up at me and walked past me into the room. “Thanks for bringing dinner,” I said as I nodded to her and shut the door. “I hope I’m not being a burden,” I added…knowing she probably didn’t mind doing it since I hadn’t asked her in the first place to bring me dinner, only that I’d see her for it. I was glad she’d shown up…I probably would have forgotten about it…being as engrossed in the subject I’d been researching.

“WAIT!” I shouted as I saw her paw reaching for the lid to the laptop.

“Eep!” she replied and quickly pulled her paw away from it. “I’m-I’m so sorry, Light…I was just curious…is all…really.” She said as her voice faded with each word, barely audible when she uttered the last word. The canine put her paws behind her back and shifted her weight from side to side nervously on her foot paws.

I walked over to the desk with the tray and placed it down as I moved a chair beside the one at the computer. “Take a seat, Emily,” I said as I sat in the chair right in front of the laptop.

She nervously sat down in the chair and put her paws in her lap, looking a little uncomfortable.

I sighed as I took a plate off of the tray and handed it to her. She silently thanked me with a nod as she started to eat the food. I took the other plate and sat down in my chair and ate my food. We didn’t say anything for a few minutes. Just sat there, eating in silence.

I noticed her tail starting to wag and I smirked without knowing my own was doing the same. I only noticed after she glanced at it. I turned and held it with my paw as she started giggling.

I gulped nervously as I set the dish down on the tray after having licked it clean. Emily was eating much more slowly and was about two-thirds done with her meal. After clearing my throat I licked my lips quickly moistening them as the atmosphere seemed tense and the inside of my muzzle was dry. “Emily…” I started as I looked at her, she tilted her head up from her plate to look at me when I said her name. “…do you want to stay with me a while?” I asked, feeling unsure of myself…a rare feeling.

She looked back at me with her lavender eyes as she dropped her fork to the ground and her entire body flushed red showing through her fur. “L-Light…” she stammered as she turned her head and looked down before her eyes glanced back toward me. “…w-what are you…implying?” she asked her voice fading out at the last word as if very embarrassed or nervous.

I blushed a bit as well, though not nearly as much as she did. I facepawlmed and chuckled nervously. “I-I didn’t mean anything by it I mean…” I took my paw away from my muzzle and lowered my ears. “…I…I haven’t gotten close to anyone since Keith…I guess I’m just feeling a little lonely and vulnerable right now…would you mind spending the night here?” I asked her with a warm smile and sincerity reflected in my eyes that she couldn’t deny. “Y-You don’t have to sleep in the bed with me of course just in the room,” I added quickly as I felt myself turning red.

Emily nodded solemnly and gulped as she put her unfinished plate of food on the tray. “O-of course, Light…” she replied as she smiled with some of the red-colored blush disappearing. Perhaps she felt more relaxed with that. She seemed pretty sure of herself with that reply. “I will be back later,” she said as she took the tray off the desk. It was much easier for her to handle with the reduced weight of the missing food.

“Wait…” I said as I got up to help her.

She gave me a look that told me to sit down and I complied hesitantly. “Don’t worry, I won’t ditch you,” she said with a giggle, somehow noticing the worry showing on my face. “I will be back later…I have a book I need to finish reading,” she replied with a smile. “…besides it seems like you have something important you’re working on,” the canine added as she walked to the door.

I jogged over to hold it open for her and put a paw on her head, petting her between the ears. “Thanks, Emily,” I replied with a nervous smile.

She looked up at me and smiled. “You’re quite welcome, Light…” she said as she started down the hallway before looking over her shoulder and stopping. “…but no funny business,” she said quietly as she blushed and quickly looked away hurrying down the hallway walking as fast as she could as she lowered her ears.

I thought I’d heard her mumble something about that being a stupid thing to say but I was chuckling to myself as I shut the door and locked it before getting back to the computer.

At the bottom of the section of the word document outlining the commands I’d read through was a notice that no one could miss.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS ARE NOT TO BE USED AS TO BE SHOWN IN TESTING TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE TEST SUBJECTS, EITHER MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY.

I blinked in surprise at the seriousness with which the next paragraph explained the auditory-trigger commands that seemed so dangerous. The next 10 pages outlined explanations regarding studies done on the mind and the limits inherently programmed into it. The more I read, the more I had a feeling I knew where they were going with this. After I had finished I was rubbing the bridge of my nose. It was a lot of technical jargon and I found myself searching the internet for explanations on many topics I didn’t understand. Apparently they had found a way to tap into the test subjects’ brains to push their bodies farther than normally allowed. It explained previous test results where the subjects ended up with torn ligaments, broken bones and “…even death from exhaustion.” I shuddered a bit and my fur stood up on end as I read the last part under my breath. I shook my head and continued reading.

There weren’t nearly as many commands as listed above but these were also more complex, requiring a sequence of random letters and numbers to activate. After I had finished browsing these commands I reached across my body to rub my shoulder, looking around…feeling like I shouldn’t have seen this…a slight taste of paranoia. I chuckled nervously to myself. “This is all a joke…right?” I asked myself with a naïve hope. I sighed as I rubbed the bridge of my muzzle. “…of course not,” I answered myself as it finally hit me. I was a danger to the shelter even if Keith intended to protect me by keeping me here.

I’d finished reading the rest of the files, consisting of more complex explanations on the animal mind control project. Most of it was boring and didn’t really tell me much that would help. One document stood out though. Apparently they’d developed a type of reverse brain washing that could dull the effects of the brainwashing but I could tell there were large parts of that document missing. “Great,” I said to myself as I finished reading that particular file. All that was left was the a video document titled “Conclusion.” I chuckled to myself and was about to click on it to start when I’d heard someone knock at the door startling me. Having read what I had since Emily last visited created a new anxiety in me as I realized I was a potential danger. I shook my head and blinked before getting up and walking to the door. “Yes?” I asked with my head near it.

“Light?” Emily replied quietly from the other side.

I was wondering why she was being so quiet as I opened the door and noticed the lights in the hallway had dimmed to a level that was relaxing to the sensitive eyes of animals. “What time is it?” I asked her suddenly realizing I’d been reading at the computer for far longer than I’d thought. I looked behind me at the shades that were drawn. Guess I shouldn’t shroud my room in darkness while I’m in a depressed mood, I thought to myself as I stood aside and let Emily in.

“It’s past 10:00pm,” she replied as she entered the room. “I know it’s past curfew…I tried to sneak out but I got stopped by security,” she added lowering her ears. It was Mr. Battista and Callisto…”

I chuckled and shook my head in amusement. “Oh really?” I asked teasingly. “…then what happened?”

She bit her lip slightly as her eyes looked down and to the side. “…Um…they asked me where I was going and I said to see Light and then they nodded and walked with me to make sure I made it safely. I begged them not to tell anyone and they said ‘Of course, Dear…’” she added as she blushed slightly.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. Despite his appearance, Battista was kind of like that. “I see…well I guess we don’t have anything to worry about,” I said as I yawned and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I leaned my head out to look at her as she’s hovering around my laptop again. “Emily…”

She turned to face me. “Yes?”

“Sleep wherever you want I’ll be right out,” I replied as I duck back into the bathroom and I start to brush my teeth, suddenly getting excited with anticipation. I blinked and shook my head as I facepawlmed with the electric toothbrush vibrating against my molars. I exhaled sharply and focused on brushing. My ears perked up as I heard the cover to the bed being moved. As usual, the building was climate controlled but because of my thicker coat of fur I usually kept my room slightly cooler. I started to worry it might have been too cold for my guest.

After finishing with my teeth, I walked back to my bed and see her under the covers and only her nose sticking out as her head rested on my pillow. “Emily?” I said quietly. She didn’t move except for the cover over her moving regularly with her breaths. She’d fallen asleep. I slowly got on the bed hoping I wouldn’t wake her. I lay atop the covers and curled up close enough to Emily to feel her presence. I was worried about her thinking I’d try anything…but I was wondering how she could fall asleep so easily. Was she nervous and so tired she couldn’t keep her eyes open? I tried to follow her example and closed my eyes.

I felt her shuffle under the covers and scoot slightly closer as she sighed in her sleep, turning her muzzle closer to me before continuing her relaxed breathing. I smiled and sighed contentedly and soon drifted off to sleep.

---------

And with this marks the end of the first person narrative. I was planning on continuing it for a bit longer but it's a lot of thinking being done by our protagonist and I don't want our readers to get too detached from the other characters in the story. I'm still considering continuing for a bit longer in first person...we'll see.
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

another great instalment, well welcomed! :D (I love technicalities)
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

i agree with valerio that was a great installment. i wonder what all these files are going to mean to light once he watches the video. and dawww light and emily sleeping in the same bed, i smell a romance scene coming up.
Yes, I am a furry.
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

ok, i just read the whole thing, and its AWESOME, never thought i'd see a housepets fanfiction that could be military based and manage to stay on the board rules, and have the usual romance(and once i started reading this i came up with an awesome back story for a character in mine thats military based), this is definitely going in my top five fanfictions as the #1, sorry Tough Memories, you just got booted off the top 5 into the top 10
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

musclecar326 wrote:i agree with valerio that was a great installment. i wonder what all these files are going to mean to light once he watches the video. and dawww light and emily sleeping in the same bed, i smell a romance scene coming up.
Thanks again for the comment, Car. :3 I enjoy writing this and hearing back from the fans.
Helmetzid wrote:ok, i just read the whole thing, and its AWESOME, never thought i'd see a housepets fanfiction that could be military based and manage to stay on the board rules, and have the usual romance(and once i started reading this i came up with an awesome back story for a character in mine thats military based), this is definitely going in my top five fanfictions as the #1, sorry Tough Memories, you just got booted off the top 5 into the top 10
._. Wow. Thank you very much Helm. :3 Your comment makes me want to update a little more regularly.
Also:
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

crossed the backstory of my character with now temno obtained the bomb in russia, hope you don't mind, it also doesn't have to be cannon to your story if you already had something planned, here it is if you wanna read it https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 35#p284635
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

You updated!!! Yes! I love this story.

!st person narrative like this is some of my favorite kind of storytelling. I can't wait until the next update. I like your stories! :D
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

So light was essentially brainwashed... Hmm... the thick plottens. Great updates are great updates, even if they are a month apart xD. Seriously though, I enjoyed this chapter. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this next.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:So light was essentially brainwashed... Hmm... the thick plottens. Great updates are great updates, even if they are a month apart xD. Seriously though, I enjoyed this chapter. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this next.
Yeah. I'm hoping to update on a more regular basis if I can. I'm getting more in the mood to spend more time with it. :3 ...sorry Copper but the first person stuff will most likely come to an end. I was never planning to do the whole arc like that to begin with. :( Hopefully I'll still manage to make it interesting with the old school style.
Also:
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

New narrative style for this arc. As it was in prior arcs. No longer first person. :3

---------Chapter 9

Light Greyfield had not slept as well as he did last night in a very long time. As the sun peeked through the clouds and cast its rays over the bed the white-furred wolf opened an eye in annoyance before rolling over and smiling. He could feel the sloping side of the bed covers under his fur as he looked in front of him to see the mound under the blanket covering the bed. Beneath them, Emily’s rib cage was rising and lowering with the quiet and relaxed breath the wolf couldn’t help but listened to with his sensitive ears. “Mmm…Light,” he heard her mumble before he blushed and chuckled nervously. The wolf stealthily made his way off of the bed, taking care not to disturb the mattress for fear of waking the female canine sleeping peacefully.

He hadn’t counted on his tail wagging so much as he accidentally knocked his alarm clock onto the ground resulting in the loud impact. Emily opened her eyes and looked over at Light. “L-Light?” she asked as she seemed to suddenly remember she slept in the same bed as the wolf she’d had her eyes on for quite a while. “Eep,” she shrieked quickly and sharply as she pulled the bed covers up over her muzzle as she looked at the white wolf. It wasn’t loud enough to be heard outside the room but it caught him off guard. She started to calm down right after when her memory started to return as her groggy sleep-like state disappeared.

Light grinned nervously as he blushed, matching the color showing through her facial fur. “Um…good morning…?” he said quietly as he rubbed the back of his neck with his left paw while bending down and picking up the clock with the other paw. He set the clock back on the end table beside his bed before turning to face Emily.

Emily lowered the sheets down from her face and let go with her paw before running it back over her headfur and exhaling sharply. “Y-Yeah…” she replied as she blushed and looked away from the wolf toward his desk area, avoiding eye contact with him.

Light stifled a chuckle. He suddenly felt better. He chalked it up to having a cute female spending the night with him. Even though they hadn’t done anything other than sleep in the same bed in close proximity to one another, the wolf could tell he was feeling a lot better than he had since that fateful day a week ago.

Emily slipped out from the opposite side of the bed that Light was on, placing her footpaws on the ground before pulling out from under the covers and grinning nervously at him biting her lower lip slightly. “Um…L-Light…thank you for letting me keep you company,” she said with a polite bow finishing strong in the sentence once she’d regained her composure.

The wolf noticed she seemed to be calming down a bit more. He gave a polite nod in reply with a smile as he saw her walk around the bed and start past him toward the door. He turned to face the female as she walked by him following her path with his eyes as she eventually stopped at the door. Emily turned to face him as put her paw on the doorknob. “No… Thank you, Emily. I really appreciate it,” Light replied with an enthusiastic wagging of his tail.

She blushed and giggled nervously before opening the door and leaving the wolf alone in his room once again.

Light couldn’t help but grin as he walked over to his computer and sat in the chair at the desk. He smiled and looked over at the door where Emily had been standing. He was pretty sure he was falling for her if he hadn’t already…and he almost couldn’t believe she was into him. He chuckled as he opened his laptop, flipping up the viewing screen and looking at where he’d left off on his search for information about his past with the help of his guide on this tour, Keith. As soon as he did, the computer came out of sleep mode and the original screen for the IronKey login screen came up. The white-furred canine took off his collar tag and retyped the password imprinted on the back of it again before the application allowed him to access the files once again.

Light scratched his neck as he clicked on the second to last folder. It was titled ‘Audio Files.’ He reluctantly opened it, still worried about the possibility of hurting those he cared about while under this brainwashing thing. The folder opened but he spotted a password window open. He blinked in surprise, pausing for a moment before grinning. Of course…Keith wouldn’t want me to access these files so easily… he thought to himself before trying the password on the back of his collar. “Password Incorrect. Try again.” Light stopped suddenly and blinked in surprise as he read the text that appeared regarding the incorrect password. He sighed as he hung his head and shook his head. “At least there’s no limit to the passwords,” he whispered to himself as he stood up from the computer and started his yoga routine. He noticed his muscles were more tense than usual…but only a bit.

-----

Emily returned to the library where she found Mike sleeping at the help desk, resting his muzzle on the palm of his hand propped up next to a pile of books that hadn’t been put away yet. The raccoon was the assistant librarian working under Emily. He was in charge of helping patrons and guests of the shelter find the reading material they needed when she wasn’t there…which was hardly ever. The taupe-colored dog giggled and gently poked the raccoon’s wrist not knowing how loose of a grip had on his chin as his paw slid away to the side and his head fell to the surface of the desk waking him loudly. It was a good thing he was too groggy to feel much pain.

“Huh? What?” he asked as he lifted his head suddenly awake. He looked up to see a horrified canine in front of him as Emily looked very concerned and worried back at him.

“Oh Mike…I’m so sorry!” Emily exclaimed as she put a paw on the side of his face where he’d landed. Mike blushed as he looked at her while she put her paw on his face. “E-Emily…” he cried out as he was surprised at the sudden affection and stumbled back out of the chair as he fell to the ground.

Emily winced as the raccoon fell suddenly even more concerned now as she rushed around the desk and slowly helped him to his footpaws. “A-Are you okay, Mike?” she asked as she looked him over to make sure he wasn’t hurt.

The raccoon was still blushing a little trying to avoid eye contact with her. “I-I’m fine he replied as he dusted himself off. He walked over to the books and picked them up to walk over to the shelves to put them back. “Where were you? I’ve never known you to be away from the library so much,” he asked as he looked over his shoulder at her.

Emily blushed and giggled as she picked up some books and walked over to Mike. “I um…” she started as she bit her bottom lip in a manner that caused Mike to smile nervously.

It was usually Emily’s cute demeanor that made Mike smile. He was one of the few ferals that could read and actually had a fascination with books. He’d usually steal books from homes and that caused some annoyance among the neighborhood. If it weren’t for the kindness and understanding of the Lucky Charm Grove he was sure he’d have gotten in much more trouble. The raccoon had gradually come to develop amorous feelings for the female canine. He didn’t think it was right for him to be attracted to a non-feral, and a dog at that, but the feelings had grown over time and now he was trying his best to keep his composure around her. He stopped and turned to look at her, standing about her height. His build was a little more muscular than a typical feral since unlike most he had access to plenty of good food and the LCG’s gym.

Emily looked up at him with her lavender eyes, causing Mike to blush a bit as he gazed back at them with his own amber-colored ones. It’s not normal to have eyes that beautiful he wanted to say to her as he subtlety swallowed his nervousness. “Emily…” he started with a nervous grin, deciding now was the best time to confess his feelings for her.

“I spent the night with Light,” Emily said at the same time, overwriting the raccoon’s voice.

Mike dropped the books as time seemed to slow down for him; suddenly forming images in his head that he wished he could erase. He shook his head to try to rid himself of the images as he bent down to pick up the books he’d dropped. “O-Oh?” he replied as he put another book onto the shelf. Most of the shelter knew every member on the security team and everyone knew Light because of what happened to Keith. The raccoon was trying his best to show his usual smirk but it game out looking terrible. He must have known Emily would notice because he couldn’t help but turn to walk down the row of books, hiding his face from her. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! he repeated in his head over and over again as he closed his eyes and tried to calm himself.

Emily noticed something wrong the moment Mike had dropped the books. He was usually so careful and he’d faltered just after she’d said something about spending the night with Light. She blushed right after he’d turned away finally getting the idea of what he must have been thinking. She set down the books on an empty shelf beside her and ran after the raccoon putting a paw on his shoulder. “W-Wait it’s not what it seems,” she said loudly and a little forceful, different from the way she typically had been acting around Light.

The raccoon turned and she let go of his shoulder blushing as she put the tips of her index fingers together. “That is to say…nothing h-happened…” she said softly as she looked down and to the side, the gaze of the raccoon a little unsettling to her. She was embarrassed and it showed.

Mike sighed before looking at Emily and smirking. “That’s good,” he said before realizing she might be suspicious and tried to cover it up. “…that you’re…um that you…yeah…y’know?” he said nervously as he too was blushing. “…so you just slept in the same bed without…anything else happening right?”

Emily turned her head to look back at him and nodded solemnly. “O-Of course…I wouldn’t…I’m not like that!” she shouted with a little bit of a growl. It was obvious she was annoyed at Mike having assumed such a thing. She crossed her arms and pouted while looking away.

The raccoon had known her for a while now and knew she was like this sometimes. He just chuckled and continued putting the books away, a bit relieved at the fact that he still had a chance with Emily.

Emily giggled as Mike seemed to have cheered up. She didn’t have a clue to the real reason he’d gotten upset at what she said…and Mike didn’t have a clue that she, did indeed, have feelings for Light…the same types of feelings that Mike had for her.

-----

The next few days passed by like usual except for Emily and Light spending more time than usual together. Sometimes they’d just sit in the library silently, reading. Light reaching over and taking her paw in his. A smile would appear on the female dog’s muzzle as she blushed, glancing over at the larger wolf before continuing her reading. Mike sighed as he watched the two of them from afar stamping books as they came through being returned by residents of the shelter. He began to feel his chances of being with Emily slipping away. He wasn’t watching and accidentally stamped the back of a feline’s paw, eliciting a yelp of pain from them. Emily and Light along with most of the library guests turned to look and Mike lowered his ears and slumped, slowly sinking behind the desk in embarrassment as the readers went back to what they were doing.

Sometimes Light and Emily lay on the wolf’s bed and talked about a variety of topics. He was hesitant to tell Emily about his previous adventures when she’d asked him about them. He had tried to several times but couldn’t get very far before the memory of Keith caused him to falter. Emily would place a paw on the side of his face and nodded in understanding before licking his nose and reassuring him he didn’t need to continue…to which Light nodded and sighed, hugging her for comfort. It didn’t help that his mind was distracted by the files in that one folder. At least he felt safe that he couldn’t be forced to listen to them and become a mindless killing machine inside the walls of the shelter. Not with the files password-protected.

-----

On the fifth day of Light receiving the package he went to the computer to check his email as he did every morning while sipping his green tea from the cafeteria. On one of his emails a name he’d never seen before popped up as one of the senders. “Frank Meyer,” the wolf whispered to himself after reading the sender’s email address. The only reason the email stood out was because of the subject line. “Full moon on the night of February 18th – Light, Astrology Reading First Time Free After Replying to This Email” Light scratched behind his ear as he read it to himself. It was strange that someone would mention his name in the subject line in what appeared to be spam. “Maybe they just accidentally added in a comma.” He chuckled as he clicked and dragged it to the trash for email on the browser, he was about to release the mouse button but stopped. The events of the last few days and everything the wolf had learned about his past had suddenly flared up in the back of his mind telling him to read the message. He dragged it back to the inbox list and opened it to read.

Light had thought he’d seen everything…until he’d read the article. It was interesting to read for a horoscope. The wolf scratched the back of his head. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. It seemed like any other type of advertisement sent through e-mail. There was an attachment mentioned in the body of the article and he decided to give it a shot. He opened the PDF and the first thing that jumped out at him was a small photo of Keith at the top of the page. His eyes went wide in surprise wondering what was going on and who this Frank Meyer was how he knew Keith and everything. He was also wondering why the PDF file included the blueprints of the shelter along with a detailed escape plan and route. He facepawlmed and chuckled to himself. “So, Keith…you knew I wouldn’t have wanted to stay here, huh?” he asked the photo of his friend on the monitor as he put an index finger on it. Another question came to mind. “Why didn’t you include this with the flash drive?” the wolf asked himself as he crossed his arms over his chest. He closed his eyes and tilted his muzzle downward as if deep in thought. “The full moon, huh?” he whispered to himself as he read the details of the pre-planned breakout. He grinned as he opened his eyes. “One month from K-…” he sighed as he shook his head, his eyes watering slightly. “…one month from that day," he reminded himself with a sigh. "It’s going to be a short winter.” He stood up from the chair and chuckled as he turned to his bed and stopped suddenly. “Emily…” he whispered as his ears drooped. Light was feeling conflicted. On the one paw he had an obligation to avenge Keith…on the other, he’d just found happiness in the form of a potential mate. He growled and balled his paws into fists. He didn’t want to abandon Emily so soon after meeting her but his honor and love for his Master, best friend, comrade and partner would ultimately take precedence.

He deleted the e-mail and removed it from his trash can after having copied the file onto his hard drive and printed out the email and PDF as he began to study the plan. “Just like the old days,” he said as he chuckled to himself with a wag of his tail. The excitement was a welcome change from the mundane life at the Shelter as a resident. He almost didn’t mind Keith wasn’t there to explain the plan to him with a briefing. A knock at the door interrupted the wolf as he stuffed the papers into a drawer at his desk before going to answer the door.

Elias was standing there with a grin. “So…wolfie…how is life treating you?” he asked as he barged into the room and took a seat in the chair beside the one Light had been sitting in.

Light was about to stop him but he hadn’t seen him in a few days so he let the boxer-mix be for now. “Oh…it’s going well,” he replied as he sat in the chair beside Elias. The canine was one Light was sure he could trust. Even though he could use his help, however, he wasn’t going to get him involved. “How about you?” he asked him.

Elias shrugged and leaned back in his chair. “I set a new record for most holes dug before being stopped by Security,” he answered with a smug look on his face. The smile was silly as the tongue was sticking out to the side.

Light appreciated his friend trying to cheer him up and chuckled. “How many?

The Boxer-mix grinned. “Fourteen.”

The wolf whistled in acknowledgment of the feat. “That beat the old one by…what?…three holes?”

Elias nodded and burst out laughing. Light couldn’t hold back either and joined his friend in a good hearty laugh. It was a clear indication that the wolf was feeling much better.

After a minute the laughter began to die down and Light eased up on his sides and wiped away a tear under his eye. He put a shoulder on the dog’s shoulder and nodded with a smile. “Thanks, Elias,” he said.

“No problem, Light,” he replied with a nod and got up off the chair. He walked to the door and was about to open it when Light stopped him. “Wait…I could use your help with something,” he said as he grinned mischievously.

Elias hadn’t seen that look in the wolf’s eyes in a very long time. It was the look that gave him a daring mood and it usually lead to chaos. Last time he looked like that was when Elliot was visiting and we were looking to get into trouble… the Boxer-mix thought to himself. He was suddenly quite interested and he walked over to the wolf. “This ought to be good,” he said as Light brought out the paperwork from the desk drawer and showed him. He looked at it with wide open, surprised eyes and then shook his head. “YOU’RE CRAZ-!” he shouted before Light held his muzzle shut with his paw.

“Shut up, will you! The fewer others know about this the better,” he said as he looked at his friend with a serious expression.

Elias nodded and Light let go of him. “Ow…” he said as he rubbed his nose and the sides of his face. “Did you have to grip so hard?” he asked with frown. “…anyway it won’t work…this place is designed to keep the residents from escaping. You know how good the security is here…you were on it.”

The white wolf nodded. “Yeah but so did Keith…and he’s the one that planned this…do you think he wouldn’t have thought of that?”

The dog shook his head slowly as he started to look worried. “No…I guess he would have thought of that,” he replied. “…so…what? Did Keith plan on you asking others for help? I mean where do I fit in on this crazy plan of yours?”

Light didn’t answer as he was busy reading over the plans. “I’ll let you know…for now you can go…but make sure you don’t tell anyone, okay?”

Elias nodded as he stood up. Light didn’t usually look at him like that. It made him uneasy. Even though he knew Light wouldn’t hurt him he still felt like he should listen to him…which he was planning on doing to begin with anyway. “Okay,” he replied as he walked toward the exit and smiled. “If you’re leaving…” he started before turning to face the wolf with a grin. “…looks like you won’t have a chance to beat my record.”

The wolf made a shooing motion with his paw. As Elias stepped out Light grinned and turned back to the papers he was reading. “As if…” he said quietly to himself.

To be continued

----------

What an interesting development. >.> Please let me know if you find any discontinuity or grammar/punctuation errors, etc. so I may correct them. :3
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

man, this was intense, sweet and SOO full of situations to exploit. Loved it it to the last line, can't wait for moar!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

So Light will soon escape. Well, it looks like the raccoon will have a chance after all....

I do hope Light will be okay. :?

Wonderful as always, Lightwolf! This is one of the best active ones in the forums! 8-)
My characters
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

copper wrote:So Light will soon escape. Well, it looks like the raccoon will have a chance after all....

I do hope Light will be okay. :?

Wonderful as always, Lightwolf! This is one of the best active ones in the forums! 8-)
Thanks, Copper. That means a lot coming from you. :3 I know it's not updated as often as most but I'm trying. >.<

...and of course always good to hear Valerio's opinion. :3
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Much too kind, Sir, much too kind...
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Yes that was awesome! Wow so light is actually thinking about leaving emily behind while he escapes. She isnt going to be happy :cry: with light leaving her. But great chapter lightwolf21! It was great and very cool.
Yes, I am a furry.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Sorry for the delay everyone. It turned out longer than I'd intended. -.-

---------Chapter 10

Light was laying in his bed contemplating the plan. It had been 14 days since Keith’s death. From the PDF file’s contents Light could only gather that it was supposed to be a month to the day from his best friend’s death that he had planned an escape. He wondered what would have happened if Keith had died on January 30 or 31. He tried running different scenarios in his head to compensate for inconsistencies or unforeseen obstacles that could come up during the escape with the phone in his room rang. He grumbled as he pulled the forearm that was laying across his face and opened his eyes as he turned to his side and answered it. “Hello?” he replied in a slightly annoyed tone. His eyes opened more and his demeanor immediately changed to a more apologetic one. “Dr. Stanwick, hey,” the wolf said quickly. There was a short pause while Light listened to Stanwick on the other end of the line. “You want to see me?” he asked, confirming what the doctor was asking of the wolf.

“I have the results of the DNA test you requested.”

Light facepawlmed. With everything that had happened, he’d forgotten about the DNA samples the doctor had collect from him and his supposed brother. “Yeah, of course,” the wolf replied.

“I’ll be expecting you within the hour,” the doctor said, knowing Light would want to know the results as soon as possible. He hung up the phone leaving light on his handset until he also put down the receiver.

Light made sure the printed sheets for the escape plan were well hidden before exiting his room and locking the door behind him. He put the key back in his collar and headed off to the doctor’s office in the shelter located in the main structure of the compound. While the wolf usually preferred taking the stairs down, he had taken the elevator this time. He kept up a brisk pace and large steps after exiting the elevator and made his way to Stanwick’s office in a relatively short amount of time.

Dr. Stanwick was sitting at his desk when Light arrived. “Light Greyfield,” he said to his patient as he entered the office. He held a hand out to Light and gave a reassuring smile to the downtrodden wolf.

Light wasn’t nearly as depressed as he was serious and anxious. He took the doctor’s hand in his paw an dgave it a good shake before releasing it and getting to the point. “What can you tell me, Doc?”

Dr. Stanwick offered Light a seat and opened the folder on his desk before pulling out two sheets of paper from the DNA test and spun them so they were right sight up from the wolf’s viewpoint before sliding them toward him. “I regret to inform you that the individual known as Temno is indeed your brother, Light,” he said before taking off his glasses and rubbing the bridge of his nose, easing some of the irritation garnered from wearing them. Maybe I should stop wearing glasses completely, he thought out loud.

Light hadn’t heard him though; he was staring at the two pieces of paper, trying to get what the doctor had said sink in. Indeed they were brothers, the DNA test proved the two wolves had the same parents…and from the look of Temno’s age, Light concluded that the two of them were most likely from the same litter. He balled up his paws into fists and shook a bit with rage before the image of Keith flashed in his head, reassuring in his smile to get Light to calm down. He sighed and put his paws on the surface of the desk as he looked at Stanwick with slightly teary eyes. “Thanks, Doc,” the wolf said with a smile some of the uncertainty draining away.

“No problem, Light,” Stanwick replied with a comforting pet to the wolf’s head.

Light smiled and wagged his tail a bit as he got up from the desk. He stopped in his tracks as the doctor cleared his throat. “Yes?” He asked as he turned and lowered his ears when he saw Stanwick holding his chart.

“You’re overdue for a checkup, Light.” He said with a wry smile.

Light would normally put up a fuss but the events of the last few days had left him a bit more cooperative. Plus he didn’t know how long it would be before he’d have a chance to be checked out by a doctor once he’d escaped the shelter. He sighed and trudged over to Stanwick. “Okay,” he replied as he followed the doctor to one of the checkup rooms for patients.

---

Meanwhile in the library, Mike was reading next to Emily and cleared his throat, trying to get her attention. He’d noticed the two canines spending a lot more time together and it was making him feel jealous. “So you and Light…?” he started to ask the young female dog with a face that bordered on worry and anger.

“Hmm?” Emily replied, having looked up from her book, not really listening to the raccoon as he spoke. She turned her attention toward him. “Yes, Mike,” she added, letting him know she was listening.

Mike blushed as she looked at him with her beautiful lavender eyes. “Oh…I was just wondering if you and Light were good friends…” he said as he turned his eyes toward the table’s surface.

The canine nodded and smiled. “Of course, Mike. Light is a wonderful friend. You two should hang out sometime and get to know one another better. I’m sure you’d get along great,” she said to Mike with a naiveté that rivaled that of a puppy.

The raccoon frowned and sighed. “You know what I mean…” he answered as he got up from his seat and stormed off, taking the book with him.

Emily watched Mike leave and bit her lip as she put a paw up to the side of her face and looked around worried blushing when she realized she must have said something to upset her friend. She left the book on the table and walked over to the section of the library where Mike would hide when upset. The canine and raccoon had known each other for a little while now and of course knew many things about one another, including where the raccoon went when feeling down or upset. She found him curled up under a desk with his knees hugged up against his chest and his muzzle between his knees. “Mike?...What’s wrong?” she asked him as she took a seat in front of him and tried to reach for the side of his face.

Mike turned his head away from her paw. “N-Nothing’s wrong…” he said as he avoided eye contact with the canine.

Emily pulled her paw away and sighed as she looked at the ground, distracted by her thoughts.

The raccoon looked over at her and gulped in nervousness. It was as good a moment as any to let her know his feelings…but how to do it in a way that wouldn’t cause things to be awkward between them if she rejected him. He shifted his weight to try to lean forward but the narrowness of the space under the desk caused him to misjudge and as he got up fell forward unexpectedly off balance…

The canine noticed Mike moving and looked up to face him only to have his nose suddenly press against hers and opened her mouth to express surprise when Mike suddenly did the same thing and their lips met. Emily had never kissed anyone before and in the moment she found herself closing her eyes.

Mike wasn’t about to let this fateful chance go to waste as he also closed his eyes and moved a paw to the side of her face caressing it until his muzzle turned to the side to get in a more comfortable position to open his mouth.

Emily suddenly flushed red and whined at Mike’s touch before batting his paw away. “M-Mike, no!” she said with tears forming in her eyes as she got up and quickly walked away, starting to jog after a few steps. She moved a paw to the side of her face to wipe the tear with the back of it as she ran to Light’s room. The canine was clearly suddenly confused and she sought refuge in Light’s company as she left the library and made her way to his room.

The raccoon curled up and sighed suddenly ashamed of his actions. He knew he’d done something she would probably never forgive him for and he felt like he’d lost her. He growled as he got up from under the desk and kicked a nearby bookshelf, denting the thin metal side of it. He’d hurt his foot but hadn’t injured it. He didn’t even care he was in pain as he quickly limped back to the help desk in the library. “I’m an idiot,” he said as he slumped forward while sitting in the chair and burying his muzzle in his arms.

---

Light had gotten back from the checkup and lay on his bed as he rubbed his rump. “Needles hurt,” he reminded himself with an amused chuckle before he suddenly heard a knock at his door. Emily hadn’t been able to visit him the day before and he was hoping that was her on the other side as he ran to the door and opened it while his tail was wagging. On the other side of the door was someone he definitely hadn’t been expecting.

The golden retriever was wagging his tail at not having seen Light in quite a while. “Yo, Light!” he shouted as he attempted to glomp the wolf.

Light grinned as he sidestepped letting Elliot faceplant onto the entryway of his living quarters. Somehow he’d expected the golden retriever to trip. He did know him well enough, though.

The wolf picked the other canine up by a paw under his arm and bringing him to his footpaws.

The Golden Retriever dusted himself off and a bit red in the face chuckled nervously. “I uh…I meant to do that.”

“Glad to see you haven’t changed, Elly,” Light replied as he gave Elliot a hug to which the dog returned one. The wolf looked at the Golden Retriever in front of him and noticed his usual tag had an additional tag hanging next to it, the temporary tag given to visitors of the shelter. “How is Tegan?” he asked with a genuinely interested wag of his tail. He hadn't heard much from her but he knew Elliot was close and he wanted to show his friend support when he could.

“Oh, we’re good, we’re good.” Elliot said with a nervous chuckle as he blushed slightly. With the way the wolf was looking at him, he had a feeling Light thought there was more to them than just friendship...but as far as Elliot was concerned, cats were not his preference in terms of romance interests.

“What’s going on?” Light asked the Golden Retriever with suspicion. “What happened between you and Tegan, Elliot?” Light asked as he looked at him with a glare, reminding the dog of what happened last time.

Elliot recognized the glare from Light as the last thing he saw before winding up on the fence…so to speak. “It…um…well…” he was worried about hurting Light’s feelings. He’d wound up as Tegan's friend and his other friend, Light, had just recently lost someone very dear to him. It was an innocent enough question, but the wolf liked to tease the Golden Retriever with mock intimidation.

Light continued staring at the dog, wondering what he was waiting for. “Elliot,” he said, throwing Elliot off and out of his thoughts.

“Ah! Of course yeah um…we've been arguing and such but we’re still close friends of course.” He managed to say as he blushed and looked to the side, closing his eyes and waiting for the mocking laughter from the wolf.

While Light had a history of playfully defeating the Golden Retriever he couldn’t help but feel sorry for Elliot. Despite his apparent happiness, his close friends had felt there was something missing something from his life. The wolf surprised the dog with an embrace, feeling surprisingly in good spirits himself, for a reason he’d yet to reveal to his friend regarding his own achievement in finding love.

Elliot wasn't sure what was going on but he patted the wolf uncomfortably on the back. He assumed Light just needed some comforting having not seen his friend in a while. "Uh, Light...have you been showering?"

Light chuckled and let go. "Missed you too, Elliot."

---

Emily ran up the stairs to Light’s room, not wanting to run into anyone she didn’t know on the elevators. Despite her kindness she was quite shy of strangers outside of the library and typically tried to avoid them. She certainly didn’t want anyone to see her crying. She approached the wolf’s room as she saw him hugging a rather handsome Golden Retriever. The hug seemed to go on for a little while and it seemed odd. She hadn’t thought Light was the hugging type from the time they spent together. He usually seemed somewhat distant. She sniffled as she watched from the end of the hallway as the wolf led the dog into his room. The female dog’s tears stopped as she wiped away the last of them from under her eyes, suddenly more interested in this stranger. More curious than upset now, she quickly tiptoed over to her wolf’s room and put an ear against the door.

---

“Can I get you anything, Elliot?” Light asked his close friend as he looked around and noticed a few items strewn about. He quickly picked them up and put them in the trash under the desk.

“Nah, I’m good. What was up with that hug though? You had me worried you were going to throw me against a fence or something.” Elliot asked as he looked at the wolf with suspicion tensing up and trying to be ready for anything.

“Well…” the wolf started as he sat on his desk and looked over at the dog. “I met someone too.” Light’s wolf ear twitched toward the door and he took a quick glance toward it. He saw the shadow and an thin line of taupe-colored footpaws from under the door and he grinned for a brief second before casually continuing the conversation.
Elliot raised his ears and wagged his tail in curiosity, eager to hear more. “Whoa! Really? Who? Who?” he asked excitedly.

From the other side of the door, Emily knew Light was talking about her. She didn’t know that he knew she was there though.

Light decided to have some fun and continued telling Elliot about his new love interest while the Golden Retriever listened intently. “She’s a beautiful Czech Wolf,” the white-furred wolf replied with a grin, coming up with the first thing that came to mind. Of course it would have been Arietta from the LCGSD. She was the only other canine Light had dated and only because Keith had encouraged him to.

Emily’s ears drooped and since she’d paid attention to Light quite a bit knew he was talking about Arietta. She’d seem them walking close together while off duty and she stifled a whine as she also had to stifle a growl. The fur on her neck was standing up on end. That…that…mrf! She pouted and frowned as she continued listening through the door.

Light quietly walked toward the door and leaned on the wall beside it as he looked at Elliot.

“A Czech Wolf!” Elliot exclaimed as he smiled. “Wow, that’s great, Light. Congratulations, dawg,” he replied as he got off the bed he’d been sitting on and walked over to hug light.

Emily had been getting more into the conversation on the other side of the door and because of her anger had gotten careless and leaned pretty hard against the door, wanting to catch every word.

Light suddenly opened the door as Elliot got close, wanting to surprise Emily. He hadn’t expected the female dog to be leaning against the door like she was though. He opened his eyes in surprise and with cat-like reflexes caught the female around the chest with her nose a few inches from the ground. “Whew…” the wolf said under his breath as Emily wriggled out of his grasp.

Elliot was awestruck with how quickly everything had happened and the cute appearance of the female.

Emily stood on her feet, growling. “You…you…” she squeaked as her eyes started to tear up.

Light held up his paws defensively, knowing now that it wasn’t the best idea to try to mess with Emily. He wasn’t sure why she was acting like this…it was a bit much for a potential misunderstanding. Of course he hadn’t known what happened a few moments ago between her and Mike. “Whoa…whoa…” he said calmly as he looked at her. “…Emily I-“

“Who is this?” Elliot asked, finally coming to his senses from the initial shock of Emily’s sudden appearance. It was quite an appearance, in his mind, too. She's quite lovely...I wonder if she's taken.

Emily was about to reply when Light put a paw on her shoulder. “This is my mate Emily,” the wolf answered Elliot before Emily murred under the feeling of his paw on her shoulder.

She didn’t know why she was feeling that way. Was it because Light had said she was his mate? She blushed at the thought and then suddenly remembered Light having said his someone was a Czech wolf. Emily smecked his paw away with the back of hers. At the same time, she turned to face Light looking up at the wolf. “Don’t you try to be all…all smooth and…and everything, Light!” she said angrily back at the wolf but still blushing a bit.

In his own imagination, the Golden Retriever slumped his shoulders and gave a sigh. Alas it was not meant to be. Elliot nudged Light in the side. “You lucky dog you,” he replied. “…I thought you said she was a Czech Wolf, though.” He scratched his head and looked at Emily.

A knock at the door caused the three of them to look toward the entrance to Light’s room. The wolf was holding up his paws defensively and Emily was holding a finger up threateningly toward the wolf, looking over her shoulder at the door. Elliot was looking between the two with his arms crossed. “Someone going to answer that?” the Golden Retriever asked. When Light and Emily just looked at each other, Elliot walked between them and opened the door.

There stood a determined looking raccoon. Mike ignored the Golden Retriever as he entered the room and placed a paw roughly on Emily’s shoulder…a little too forcefully for Light’s taste.

The wolf growled as he grabbed the raccoon by the scruff of the neck and lifted him up against the wall.

Emily grabbed Light’s side with the claws of one of her paws. “Stop it, Light!” she shouted as she tugged on the flesh.

Elliot looked down the hall and shut the door, not wanting to draw any more attention.

Mike’s footpaws dangling a few inches off the ground and suddenly a fearful expression showing on his face. It quickly turned to one of defiance, though. “Yeah, Light…” he hissed maliciously at the wolf.

Light shook his head and cleared his head as he slowed his breath and gently placed the raccoon back on the ground. “Sorry,” he replied before walking over to his desk chair. He exhaled slowly as he ran a paw through his headfur.

Emily looked at Mike before walking over to Light. She put her paws on his shoulder and whispered something into his ear.

Mike twitched his ears trying to pick up the whispers while Elliot looked at him.

“Hey,” the Golden Retriever said casually.

“Hey,” Mike replied as he continued looking toward Light and Emily.

Elliot put a paw out in front of Mike’s line of sight and brought it back down to rest between them in a handshake pose.

Mike took the hint and shook the canine’s paw after a hesitant pause.

“I’m Elliot,” the dog said with a friendly smile.

“Mike,” the raccoon replied sharply before looking back over toward Light and Emily. It seemed they didn’t want their conversation to be heard. He was worried she’d tell him about what happened earlier. He lowered his ears and started to look worried. “I…I should probably go,” he said as he turned and walked toward the door.

“So soon?” Elliot replied as he tilted his head. “What did you come here for, anyway?”

Mike stopped and turned as he was about to answer Elliot’s question. “Um…”

“HE WHAT?!” Light suddenly burst out as he got up and started to advance on the raccoon. His face bordered on rage as he sought his target. He stopped as Emily gripped his wrist tightly with her claws. It didn’t do anything to lesson his growls.

“It was an accident, Light!” Emily added loudly as she whined. “Please…no more violence…Light…please?” she managed to say as she was on the verge of sobbing again.

Light sighed as he heard her whining and looked down at her pleading puppy-dog eyes. He smiled and petted her head with a nod. “Okay.” The wolf noticed Elliot’s concerned face as well. “I’m…um…sorry for not introducing everyone.” He looked at Emily and noticed her annoyed glare back at him. He figured she was still upset about the joke earlier regarding using Arietta instead of Emily. He shook his head and smiled in amusement. “Emily, I was just joking about the Czech Wolf thing. I knew you were listening from the other side of the door and I wanted to surprise my friend here…” he said as he nodded toward the Golden Retreiver. “…with a beauty that cannot be explained,” he said as he winked at her.

Emily blushed in embarrassment at having misunderstood and the comment the wolf had made. She took her paws away from the wolf’s wrist and covered her face as she turned and giggled. “S-Sorry for having doubted you, Light.”

Mike was feeling left out and glared at Light as the others apparently were ignoring him. He cleared his throat. “Ahem…” he said with a paw fisted at the end of his muzzle as he looked at the wolf.

The three canines turned to look at him and tilted their heads like confused canines usually did. “Mike, what are you doing here anyway?” Light asked him.

Mike felt like he was put on the spot as the wolf and two dogs looked at him. “I um…I…” he blushed and lowered his ears as he turned to start running for the door, only to find he wasn’t going anywhere. Light was holding onto his collar which only served to be choking. He stopped running and whimpered as he knew there was no escape.

The wolf pulled him close, keeping a paw firmly on his shoulder. “Would you two give us a moment?” he said to the two dogs with a grin as Elliot and Emily looked at each other with worry.

Mike gulped as the two of them slowly went to the door. He looked up pleadingly at the wolf. Light wasn’t paying attention to Mike’s desperation, instead nodding reassuringly to Emily. She figured Light wasn’t going to hurt Mike. He seemed quite calm actually. She knew looks could be deceiving. As she followed Elliot out, she glared at the wolf with a warning. Light smiled in understanding with a nod. She blushed and smiled back as she shut the door. After they’d gone Light couldn’t hear their footstep down the hall he turned to Mike and grinned.

The raccoon couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable in this situation. He thought about calling for help until Light took his paw off his shoulder and walked to the other side of the room facing away from him. “What do you think of Emily?” he asked.

Mike blinked in surprise. He certainly wasn’t expecting this type of behavior…or question. “Um…she’s very beautiful,” he started, not sure if it was a trick or not. He continued when Light didn’t turn around but instead casually picked up a Rubik’s Cube from the edge of the desk and started to mix it up. “She’s sweet, intelligent, she reads…” he stopped as Light put the cube down.

“Do you love her?”

Mike blushed and said nothing as he had a feeling if he replied his voice would give him away if he tried lying by saying no.

The wolf sighed as he turned to face Mike. The raccoon’s silence had confirmed Light’s suspicions. “Mike, I have to tell you something…but you have to promise you’ll protect Emily.”

The raccoon suddenly perked his ears at the sudden seriousness the wolf displayed; even more serious than usual. He nodded slowly.

Light continued, hoping he could trust the feral. “What I’m about to say stays between us…or else…got it?”

Mike gulped and nodded again, not making a sound for fear of enraging the already seemingly on-edge wolf.

“Good,” the wolf said as he slowly approached the raccoon, stopping a few feet away. “Mike, I’m leaving the shelter.”

The raccoon started to nod and then blinked in surprise. “Wait. What?” He asked, suddenly confused.

Light nodded. “You heard me. I’m leaving the shelter…and I need someone to protect Emily while I’m gone.”

Mike couldn’t believe what he was hearing. He was already forming dozens of questions as to why and how in his head. He put a paw on the side of his face as he sat on the bed, dumbfounded.

“I can’t tell you why or how…but you have to trust me. I’m leaving Emily’s life in your hands…DON’T screw it up,” Light warned the raccoon by leaning over him and putting his index finger into Mike’s chest. His nose was pressing against his and he was growling slightly.

Mike’s ears lowered and he whimpered slightly. “Y-Yes…of course, Light,” the raccoon replied and grinned nervously.

Light grinned and put a paw on the raccoon’s shoulder. “Glad we had this chat,” he said before walking to the door to his room and opening it. “…and don’t ever try anything like that with Emily again. She loves you, but only as a friend…got it?”

Mike nodded and sighed as he left the room. He stopped and looked back at Light with hopeful eyes.

The wolf smiled at him and chuckled. “Don’t worry, Mike. You’re a good kid. You’ll find someone.”

“I guess,” Mike replied as he made his way down the hall. Walking in the opposite direction of the raccoon was a unit of the LCGSD.

The beautiful Russian woman with a handsome Husky by her side and a Golden Retriever in her grasp as she stopped in front of the wolf. “Does this belong to you, Light?” she asked in her Russian accent as she set Elliot down in front of Light. The harsh landing made the woozy dog fall to his side, showing his bulging stomach. He smelled like bacon. “He was in the bacon tray in the cafeteria,” she explained as Elliot started snoring and mumbling things about bacon.

Light shook his head and chuckled softly to himself. “Thanks, Nastasha. Diego.” He said as he nodded to them. They turned and walked away while the wolf dragged the sleeping canine into his room and set him onto the bed, lifting his dead weight with some difficulty. “Hnrg…” he grunted as he smiled at his friend. “You need to stop eating bacon so much,” he said softly as he walked over to a chair and sat in it, closing his eyes and falling asleep.

----------

Once again, please mention any corrections that need to be made. Your comments are appreciated. Thank you. :3

Edited: Had to edit a part that was based on the continuity from the old Terrace High version.
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Wed May 02, 2012 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Also:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Great update. I love your story. How many people knowing makes a secret not a secret anymore anyway? I think Light is nearing that number! :lol:
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Fun!
Eliot!
Love!
Bacon!
Drama!
Secrets!
Comedy!
Jealousy!
Broken hearts!
is there anymore one could ask for?

MOAR!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Once again... :/ I've let my fans down with an exceptionally long delay between updates. I'm sorry. Hopefully this exciting new chapter will make up for the long wait. :3

---------Chapter 11

The last few weeks had gone as planned for the wolf and his accomplice. Light kissed Emily on the cheek. It was the night of the full moon and he was to make his move now before it was too late and the snow would start to melt. He was lucky enough the recent snowfall was so heavy he’d gotten more time before it did start to melt. The white-furred wolf gently stroked his lover’s side as he slipped out of bed. He stealthily took the note out of his bedside drawer and placed it on the pillow beside her before making his way into the bathroom. He’d hoped the occasional midnight restroom break the last few weeks would convince the security systems’ GPS tracking of residents that tonight was nothing out of the ordinary. He took the steak knife off the tray that Emily had brought with her for their dinner that night……let’s hope it’s not the last time. Light thought to himself, wondering if he’d ever see her again as he looked at himself in the mirror of the bathroom. He had the IronKey in his paw and placed it on the sink counter. He would have hoped to use some of the commands he might have needed but he was on his own until he could find some way to unlock the files.

Light placed his paws on the sink beside the knife and the flash drive and exhaled sharply as he looked in the mirror. “Let’s hope your training paid off, Keith…” he said quietly to himself before taking the knife and using the tip of it to dig into his flesh behind his shoulder where the tracking chip was placed into each of the Grove’s residents. The white wolf grimaced and winced in pain as he stifled a whimper. He was no stranger to the pain but no matter how many times he’d experienced it, it still hurt. “&*%^,” he whispered before twisting the handle of the blade and finding the chip. “Alright…now the hard part,” he continued whispering, hoping he wouldn’t wake Emily…luckily she was a heavy sleeper. The wolf placed the bloody knife on the counter and reached over his shoulder with his paw to dig into the wound with the paw he’d disinfected. Using his claws to feel around and grinding his teeth from the pain he stopped and took his fingers out of the wound to take a break. The wolf rolled up a wash cloth from nearby and placed it in his muzzle between his upper and lower teeth. As he reached for it this time he bit hard into the washcloth from the pain. “Hrrrnnggg…” he groaned into the cloth as he pulled the chip from his shoulder and placed it on the counter beside the knife. He was panting heavily and knew that it would only be a matter of time before they found him now. He quickly bandaged the wound with the gauze and bandages he had nearby. The iodine he applied just before only stung slightly less than having his fingers under his flesh. He was holding back tears and whimpers as he finished applying the bandages. He tested his arm by moving it about the shoulder’s ball and socket joint. When he was satisfied it would hold he nodded to himself. The wolf then picked up the flash drive and swallowed it whole. His throat felt a little uncomfortable having swallowed something so angular but as a wolf he’d eaten larger objects whole. Light finally was on the last step as he put his fingers under his collar.

As a security member, Light knew how to attach the specially designed collars of the Lucky Charm Grove…and how to remove them. “Nice and easy now…” the wolf said under his breath, to no one in particular. He’d only have two minutes before security was on his location, judging from the patrol routes that he’d studied. They hadn’t changed the routes since he was on them and he was going to use it to his advantage. It had been exactly one month to the day that Light had lost his best friend and partner, Keith…and his partner had done the homework as best as he could before making the information available to the wolf.

Light worked his fingers carefully over the collar, he’d used the excuse several times that they were getting in the way before when he spent cuddly time with Emily and had to explain to the security team that came to the room, he just hoped they’d think it was the same issue. The collar made a clicking sound as the white-furred wolf removed it and the he rubbed his neck fur after placing the collar on the sink. The LED on the inside of the collar started to blink indicating the collar had been removed and the silent alarm activated. He swallowed quickly before picking up the flash drive and placing it on his tongue. After a quick and more uncomfortable swallow than the first he shook his head at the thought of having to cough it up later and wasn’t looking forward to it. He silently and quickly tiptoed over to the bed and gave his mate a gentle lick with the tip of his tongue on her forehead.

Emily smiled and murred gently in her sleep as she shifted to her side a little. The wolf was already closing the door behind him before the female canine stopped moving and continued her dream.

Light stood in the hallway…completely naked. It was the nearly morning and most of the residents would be in their bed asleep. He just hoped that Keith’s plan was detailed enough to get him out without any problems, but from Light’s experience things rarely went according to plan, no matter how detailed or well thought-out. The wolf made his way down the stairwell to the storage room where the security team kept objects and confiscated contraband from the residents. He punched in the key-code and a red light and quiet buzzer rang, indicating the wrong key had been pressed. “Shoot,” he said quietly to himself as he looked over his shoulder to check if anyone was coming. He knew he was in view of the camera but there was little he could do. He had to get the item Keith told him about and within five minutes or the escape plan would fail. He tried the alt code that consisted of twice as many digits and was changed much less often. The indicator on the door showed green and Light opened it and slipped inside quickly before shutting it.

-----

Cherie and Spring Nguyen were on duty in the camera room. The Dalmation/Pitbull mix was looking up at the moon through the small window, the bright light forming a beam over her face. She’d felt something was wrong and her suspicions were concerned when the automatic cameras switched view, causing her to turn her head to get a better look. On the screen was a wolf she knew very well…in a restricted area for residents for that time of night. Acting instinctively she tugged at Cherie’s uniform. As was the procedure they turned on the intercom for the room rather than sounding the alarm. When the situation involved residents wandering into restricted areas the security staff usually only had to give them a warning since it was a misunderstanding on the resident’s part. The Vietnamese woman yawned as she turned to look at where her partner was pointing. She put on the headset and spoke into it. “Light, what are you doing?” the woman asked into the headset. She noticed he wasn’t wearing his collar. Spring opened up the collar tracking system and typed Light’s name before the screen showed his collar began to beep on the layout of the complex inside his bathroom. She also noticed a collar inside the wolf’s room where Emily was sleeping; her name was showing up beside that collar on the screen display. The two LCGSD members were watching Light on the monitor. The wolf didn’t flinch as he heard Cherie’s voice being broadcast into the room nor did he reply as he knew they could hear them and he needed to bide some time.

From inside the control room Spring pressed a few buttons on the screen, switching the tracking system to the chips that each member of The Grove had inserted under the skin. The screen showed Light’s inside the bathroom beside his collar. “Cherie!” the Pitbull-Dalmation mix shouted to her partner in surprise.

Light forced open the locked cabinet by twisting the handle open with a quick jerk, breaking the lock on it. He flung open the door and looked at the shelves. On the second from the bottom was the item he’d been seeking. Temno’s knife had been cleaned of the blood on it from when it had been inside Light’s paw for those brief moments on that day. The wolf would need the knife as a weapon and survival tool until he could meet up with his contact at the rendezvous mention in the escape plan.

Spring whispered into Cherie’s ear since the young Vietnamese woman seemed distracted by the intriguing actions of the white-furred wolf. Once she felt her partner’s nose near her ear she listened intently. Cherie turned back to the mic. “Light, are you planning on leaving?” she asked, trying to confirm Spring’s suspicions about Light’s activities.

Light picked up the knife and looked at the camera.

Cherie and Spring saw the knife and recognized it immediately. They then knew what the wolf had in mind. Cherie was about to continue speaking into the mic, but Spring interrupted. “Light…don’t do this…please,” she said, worry evident in her voice…more worry than Light had ever heard from her.

The wolf sighed as he looked up at the camera, his eyes full of sorrow as he looked away and sprinted out of the room.

Upon Light’s decision to refuse to stand down, Cherie immediately contacted the other members of LCGSD via radio while Spring tracked Light’s movements on the cameras. Since the incident a month ago, the security systems of The Grove had gone thru a complete overhaul. Martin Foster, the owner of the complex and surrounding lands, would not allow a threat, or similar, like that to happen again. Hacking the cameras and other systems would be impossible for someone other than a member of the security team and an extremely high caliber hacker.

-----

One thing no one counted on was Light’s desperation to escape. He’d done something he wasn’t proud of, but it was outlined in the plan. He wasn’t even sure if his message had been received, but he still had to try. The worst they’d do is put him under heavy watch and take away most of his privileges.

As soon as Light had reached the end of the hall, the wolf leaned heavily on the stairwell door and quickly walked down the steps on his way to the ground floor. When he reached it, he peaked out from the door and saw Battista Moretti, Arianna Gonsalvez running toward the stairwell with guns drawn. They were close enough that Light could hear the two canine companions, Callisto Moretti and Sasha Alexander, growling as they took the lead on their partners and rushed the stairwell when they’d spotted the wolf. Light ducked back inside the doorway, barely dodging a tranq dart fired from Murrieta’s modified M9. “Okay, not that way,” Light said with a panting breath as he headed back up the stairs.

When the white wolf got to the third floor, taking the steps two at a time, the lower door violently swung open and a Hispanic woman and Italian man started up the stairs. The four members of the LGCSD proceeded cautiously up the stairs with the larger Italian dog been taking point for his master and the other two taking cover behind him. They’d been informed by Cherie that Light was armed with a knife and that was enough for them to know he was not to be taken lightly.

Light exited the stairwell onto the roof after kicking the door open with a conditioned footpaw impacting against the door beside the latch. The wood splintered loudly enough for the canines on the lower floor to perk their ears. They pointed up to indicate silently that the roof was where Light was to the human counterparts. They nodded and started up the stairs more quickly. “Why the roof? Where could he be trying to get to?” Sasha said through pants as they approached the upper floors.

Once on the roof, Light grabbed the rope used by the scaffolding for window washing with his free paw and tossed the coil over the edge, letting it unravel as it fell.

While Light was climbing the stairwell in the main central building, Cherie continued coordinating with the others from within the control room. “Why is it this stuff happens during my shifts?” she asked herself and her partner with a hint of annoyance. In a moment that seemed out of place in terms of luck, while Cherie and Spring were occupied with screens other than those that displayed the footage of the security cameras placed among the compound, the screens with video feed flickered slightly, almost unnoticeable.

The cameras showing Light on the roof, once again showed no one there while Light made his way to the edge. The wolf exhaled sharply before placing the knife handle in his teeth and making his way down the side of the building. On the ground below, two more pairs of the LCGSD made their way into the building. From the voices, Light made out the identities of Josh Mongrove, Toro, and Kesha and Rebecca Holmes. He waited silently on the wall until they made their way inside before progressing down the rope. “Seems like I’m popular today,” he mumbled into the knife and under his breath as he continued down stopping just above a window that suddenly lit up. Crap, the wolf thought to himself when he realized how much attention would be drawn to the building if someone saw it. He tapped on the window and while holding the rope in one paw, took the knife out of his muzzle with the other and said in a loud whisper. “Turn off the light, Dawg.”

Elias opened the window and grinned before shutting off the light to the room. “Was wondering when you’d show up,” the Boxer-mix replied quietly.

“Shut up and let me in,” Light said as he put the paw holding the knife on the window sill and stepped into the room. He was panting heavily. “We don’t have time,” the wolf said as he looked at Elias. He knew the LCGSD would find the rope and then their location if they didn’t leave immediately.

“Got it,” Elias replied before walking across the room and quietly opening the door to his room and peaking out from the narrow opening. The canine had kept his collar on to avoid suspicion or having the LCGSD to connect him in helping Light. “It’s clear,” he whispered over his shoulder at the wolf that joined him at the door. Light’s ears perked up and he pulled Elias back and quickly closed the door without a sound. From inside Elias’ room the two canines heard several LCGSD units jogging in the hallway on the other side of the door. “He’s not on the roof,” Light and Elias heard the Italian tell the newcomers in the hallway. They were keeping their voices down to prevent disturbing the guests sleeping at the late hour.

Light managed to make out the barely audible voice on the other side of the security detail’s radio earpieces. “How could you lose him? Crap…why didn’t we cam the stairwells?” Bill said in an annoyed tone to them. “Don’t worry, we’ll find him, Sir” one of them replied in a whisper to the newly appointed head of security for the shelter. Kevin Marsh had seemed the reasonable choice to take Keith’s place considering the similarities in their training and how they handled themselves in situations. Bill hadn’t made a mistake in appointing him. It was true that most of the shelter had loved and looked up to Keith but it would take a while for the residents there to warm up to his replacement. The wolf waited for the four Shelter guards to move away from the door before looking down at his shorter canine friend, seeing him look back up to him. “Now what?” Elias mouthed silently to Light.

The wolf pulled the side of his face away from the door and sighed while rubbing the bridge of his nose. “We stick to the plan…” he replied as he used the knife he’d been holding to dig into Elias’ shoulder, quickly digging out the chip embedded under his skin. Elias’ yelp was muffled by Light grabbing his muzzle. The pain didn’t last long with Light performing the act as quickly and cleanly as possible. After Light took his paw away, Elias wiped the tears that had formed in his eyes. “Crap…that hurt,” he said in a loud whisper. Light took off the collar next. Until he got out of the complex, he’d need the two of them to stay off the tracking system’s grid to simplify things. He opened a drawer nearby and took out a shirt, shredding it into a bandage-like cloth by using his teeth to tear it. “Stand still,” Light commanded as he bandaged his friend’s shoulder. “Try to take it easy…I swear I wouldn’t have let you help me unless you insisted,” he added, reminding Elias that when he agreed to help the wolf he’d known the consequences.

The Boxer mixed breed nodded and stopped his complaining as Light finished bandaging the arm. “I’m fine…how are we doing on time?” he said with an eager grin.

Light looked over to the clock on Elias’ nightstand and nodded. “Right on time,” he said as he opened the door and shoved the canine out into the hallway.

Elias hadn’t quite expected Light to do that so soon, as he flashed the wolf a look of shock followed by annoyance as he found himself in the hallway. He remembered the plan and took off down the hallway around a corner. The security forces turned at the sound of the door opening and caught a glimpse of Elias as he started to run down the hallway. Toro was the first to notice the bandages on the canine’s arm as he ran. “Stop!” he shouted as he gave chase faster than the other three that quickly followed him.

Light put his ear to the door and grinned. He had known Elias for a while now and as the guard routes had predicted the four slowest in the security detail were located outside the door. He wasn’t worried Elias would be able to outrun them. As the white-furred wolf heard the two humans and two canines head down a hall he silently opened the door and headed back toward the stairwell. He ducked behind the corner just in front of the stairwell as he heard footsteps and footpaws quietly bounding up the stairs. He moved out of line of sight just in time as the security personnel that had pursued him up the stairs in the first place. He held his breath as they rushed past, joining the two other units that were chasing Elias. Before the door could close he slipped inside and quietly walked down the stairwell.

-----

Meanwhile, Cherie and Spring were having a heck of a time trying to coordinate the teams on cornering Light. It was only then that Cherie realized something strange about the cameras. “Oh crap, Spring…the video feed is being hacked!” she shouted as she caught the blinking light warning of the camera system’s feed being too similar through a timed cycle akin to computer program tied in to double check camera systems for interference.

“What!? But how?!” Spring replied as she typed in the command for restarting the camera systems. “…I thought Martin reinstalled the entire systems from scratch to make sure this wouldn’t happen again,” the Dalmatian mix sounded annoyed and worried.

Her human partner shook her head quickly as she tried to think of an answer. “I don’t know…but change the security passwords and make sure it’s secure,” she added, a slight growl creeping into her voice as she turned her attention back to the console. Cherie radioed the other security members and told them what happened.

-----

Light was on the ground floor of the housing complex building, moving silently and trying to avoid the camera’s views as much as possible. He ducked under one and noticed its light was off. He raised his ears in alertness. “What?” he asked himself under his breath. “Why are the camera’s off?” he thought aloud as he started to head toward the far end of the building, closer to the tree line the plan had outlined in its escape route.

So far the white-furred wolf’s plan had gone without a hitch…even better than planned…but he was worried now. The camera’s being off wasn’t part of the plan and he didn’t do anything that would have caused them to turn off. “Elias?” he asked himself but quickly shook the idea from his mind. He wouldn’t deviate from the plan…plus he’s not capable of pulling something like that off. Light didn’t have much time to react before his ears detected the movement of boots heading toward his direction. “Crap,” he said silently as he ducked behind a corner as the front door opened and Daniel and Arietta entered, the stood poised and ready, the moonlight shining behind them as it reflected off the snow, casting shadows that Light recognized as his first love interest since moving to Babylon Gardens and her dad, the human half of their unit.

Daniel Pearce readied his weapon. “Arietta?” he asked as she growled and sniffed the air, her acute nose testing the air.

“He’s close,” the female Czechoslovakian Wolfdog replied with a voice that hinted at hostility as she took a combat-ready stance.

Light leaned into the wall behind the corner in front of the two security team members and brought the knife up to his chest. He had gone over the plan and he was ready for this contingency…but he was not planning on it being Arietta’s unit. <i>Crap…</i> he thought to himself as he held his breath and waited silently, relying on his training.

At the other end of the building, Light heard a group of boots and footpaws running perpendicular toward the center hall. Light was counting the seconds down in his head. He wasn’t sure how his unnamed accomplices in this escape were going to take care of the next part of the plan. They promised no harm would come to the shelter but he’d never met them. Even if Keith trusted them, could he allow them to help him in this way? He was close. From the building he was in, it was less than a half a minute he’d need to get over the wall.

He made out the voice of Elias struggling and grunting as he tried to free himself from being held by the newly arrived security detail units. “We found this one trying to escape as well,” he heard one of them say. “Where’s Light?” they finished asking just as Light reached the timer down in his head. At that moment the lights shut off in the hall.

-----

Cherie and Spring watched in surprise as the lights across the grid turned off. “Spring, get backup power running,” the Vietnamese woman commanded the Boxer-Dalmatian mix. “How the heck did he manage to disable the power?!” Spring replied back with a frustrated scowl. Cherie stopped and turned toward Spring. “He couldn’t have done it…we’ve been watching him the whole time…well…most of the time anyway…it could be done, I suppose,” she said as she turned back to the blank monitors. Her tactical flashlight moving frantically as she exited the room on her way to the breakers. She’d have to restart the primary power once it came back online. Her canine companion switched to auxiliary power for the compound, which did not include the heavier power using utilities for the shelter.

-----

Meanwhile in the hall where Light was trapped he made toward the door. Time seemed to slow down for the wolf. He had very little time to make it over the fence now. In his haste, he had misjudged the approximate position where the Czech Wolf that stood between him and the exit was. Arietta was just around the corner where he’d been hiding and the silhouette of her and her human partner with the moonlight shining behind them obscured Light in shadow until he had just gotten past. As the wolf took a lowered stance while starting off on his last ditch effort to escape, several individual hairs on his shoulder grazed those of the female canine’s elbow. Arietta reacted like the trained Security detail member she’d been and moved her paw while spinning to meet Light’s motion past her.

As Light’s silhouette added to those of Arietta and her human counterpart, Daniel, The security detail members that had apprehended Elias began to draw their weapons. Elias noticed and was more ready than the security members, having no weapon that needed to be drawn. He nudged the nearest security detail member, Jason Kreuger, delaying them getting ready. Jayden, Jason’s canine counterpart and German Shepherd, growled and reacted swiftly, grabbing the Boxer-Mix. The others watched as Light’s shadow intersected that of Arietta’s leaving doubt as to which canine to fire on as Light made his way past the Czech wolf.

Arietta’s paw grasped Light’s paw and slid away while Light reacted, pulling his paw against the weaker end of her grip, causing the wolf to barely slow down. Arietta’s footpaws dug into the ground as she turned to start sprinting after him after realizing she’d missed her chance to grab him right there. Light turned briefly to glimpse at her face, her eyes full of disappointment and anger. He didn’t want to abandon his friends like this…but he had little other choice. He mouthed the word ‘Sorry’, as he turned the corner just as a shot was fired wildly into the door frame from the security detail member Elias had nudged, a tranq dart ricocheting harmlessly off the said frame.

Light’s heart was beating, the adrenaline pumping as he panted and made his way around the corner of the entrance and toward the electrified fence, his one and only chance for escape. Daniel had finally realized what had happened in the two seconds that everything had happened as he followed Arietta after the fugitive wolf.

The other security members following at several yards distance with their side arms drawn. Jason and Jayden, the ones that were supposed to have secured Elias stayed behind and scowled at him, causing the Boxer-mix to grin and shrug. That didn’t go over very well as Elias was soon brought to the ground by the human/canine unit and had some zip ties placed around his wrists and ankles. “Okay…guess you’re in a bad mood…” he said under his breath as he winced as they tightened them a little too tight on his ankles.

“Watch him, Jayden,” Jason said as he took off after the others.

Jayden saluted and sat on Elias’ back, keeping him pinned as he crossed his arms over his chest. When they were alone, Jayden sighed. “Why, Light?” he asked under his breath and rubbed the bridge of his muzzle with his two fingers, distressed that they were trying to capture one that used to be on their team.

Elias overheard the German Shepherd and chuckled from under him. “That wolf is wild,” he replied in his usual light-hearted tone.

-----

Light was a few seconds away from the fence. He’d lost a lot of time having to wait in hiding in the building rather than already making his way to the fence. He was hoping that the fence would still be down. The snow kicked up from around his footpaws with each step the wolf took, falling softly to the snow covered ground as it cast its shadow in the moonlight. The knife’s handle he held in his paw, causing his knuckles to turn white under his fur from the intensity with which he was holding it. Arietta was a few yards behind him and he was widening the gap with his faster strides. The others were a bit behind but would catch up. The deeper snow was giving the wolf an advantage in that he could traverse the soft snow quickly thanks to millennia of evolution.

Time seemed to slow again as the wolf’s focus became more intense. All he could hear was the crunching of the snow beneath his paw pads, the cold snowflakes numbed against the hot pawpads on his feet. His panted breathes loud and clear in his ears as the sound of his pursuers sounded far away. The wolf ignored the occasional tranq dart that whizzed past his ears when the humans had a rare shot because of the Czech wolf following close behind him, not wanting to hit the wrong target. It was no different than other combat situations he’d been a part of. At 10 yards away from the fence and without breaking stride, the wolf put the knife handle into his muzzle and bit down at the same time he plunged a paw into the snow. The wolf scooped his paw under the thick sheet of carpeting he’d hidden under the snow and gripped it, throwing a plume of the soft layer of snow overlaying it into the air to the side of him as he pulled it up. At 3 yards away from the fence the last of the snow fell off of the carpet, leaving it flapping to the side. The additional weight only slowed Light down enough for Arietta to make up ground, but not enough for her to catch the wolf as he leapt half way up the fence and caught himself on the links. With a grunt he flung the carpeting over the razorwire adorning the top of the fence, flattening it down a bit as he quickly climbed up the fence and flung his torso over the fence. The wolf was panting, his breathe clearly visible in the night air in the moonlight. He spun around and reached over the fence just as Arietta was starting to climb on the other side and picked up the edge of the carpeting that was overhanging on the Grove’s side, pulling it with him as he fell from the top of the fence, letting the carpeting fall in front of him as he rolled back upon landing in the soft snow. He picked up the carpeting and pulled it over his head as he trudged in the deeper snow outside the compound, getting his footing and covering his back with a bit of protection as he looked over his shoulder and saw Arietta growling and gripping the chain link fencing. He trampled off quickly through the snow, keeping the carpeting over his head and back until out of the effective range of the tranq guns.

The Czech Wolf hesitantly let go of the fence after Light had gotten away and she lowered her ears as she gave a look of regret to Daniel, her human counterpart and partner. “Sorry, Dad…” Arietta said as she looked up at him.

“It’s okay, Ari,” Daniel said as he pet her between the ears.

Arietta raised her ears as she heard the humming of the electricity running through the fence again as the remaining lights that had been turned off due to the power outage were restored to brightness. She realized she was almost touching the fence when the power was restored. “That was a close one,” she said with wide eyes.

During the chase and just after Light had disappeared over the wall, a few of the LCGSD personnel started toward the helicopter pad where the Mil Mi-26T lay waiting for them. They were planning on continuing this pursuit by taking it to the skies. As part of their training, everyone on the security forces was trained to operate the helicopter in case of emergency. The Russian beauty and her Husky, Natasha and Diego were already in the helicopter and starting up the engines when Josh Mongrove and Toro arrived. They climbed aboard and strapped in as the search and rescue started to lift off the pad, blowing snow wildly away from it from the downwind force of the primary rotor. The remaining security personnel at the gate covered their faces and held their hats down onto their heads as they headed back into the main buildings to assess damages that might have been caused by the power outage.

----

Light had only been a few hundred yards away from the compound when he’d heard the helicopter’s engines start up. “Crap…” he said under his breath as he double timed it through the deep snow. He continued on course heading away from the compound and was hoping his alleged contacts would be where they said they’d be. He’d never taken such a large risk before and he was hoping he wasn’t going to lose this gamble.

-----

As the top of the line search and rescue reconnaissance gear on the helicopter started up, the four Security detail members on board remained silent, only speaking to the ground grew in the command center that doubled as the control tower when the Mil Mi-26T was deployed. Cherie was returning to the control room where Spring had cleared the aircraft for launch in her absence. “Next time, make sure you ask me first…if Mr. Foster had known a pet was doing this sort of stuff without authorization…”

“Desperate times…,” Spring replied calmly as she handed Cherie the headset for communications with the helicopter. “…and you know Martin doesn’t see us as pets,” she added with a wry smile.

Cherie rolled her eyes and put the headset on. “Acting head of the security detail Bill McCartney has authorized tranquilizers to be fired from the helicopter…copy?” the Vietnamese woman spoke into the headset.

“Acknowledged,” replied Natasha’s heavy Russian accent over the radio.

----

She looked over her shoulder as she banked right to turn the helicopter toward the thickly forested area Light was seen escaping into. “Tranq rifles are go,” she said in her voice that meant business, despite sounding very effeminate. Josh nodded, hearing her over his headset as he took a rifle from the case beside him and loaded a dart into it, looking out the open door into the chilly night air. Toro and Diego looked at the Infrared and Heat Signature video screens in front of them, looking for a sign of the escaped wolf. Toro thought it was a bit overkill just for getting Light back, but Diego wasn’t thinking about anything other than doing what Natasha and him were trained to do.

-----

Light had dug into the snow deep, making sure to do it in the shade of a tree to hide signs of disturbed snow. Thankfully the deeply wooded areas and the chill of the night air prevented the heat from his paw prints from lasting long. He covered himself with snow and held his breath as he heard the helicopter circling overhead several times. Each time it moved away a fair amount he’d move farther out. He needed to keep moving. Ground teams had also been dispatched to search for him. The wind had picked up and clouds started to move in. The wolf had caught a break. The ground teams were moving cautiously, knowing he was armed and assuming he was dangerous. The wind started to pick up after an hour of searching, making things dangerous for the ground teams. The helicopter was designed to operate in heavy conditions, making the wind of little importance. But they still hadn’t found Light after an hour of searching and fuel was expensive. Bill had been monitoring everything from his office and eventually he made his way into the command center with his usual aura of assertiveness. He walked up to Cherie and Spring and held out a hand, indicating he wanted the headset. Cherie handed him the headset and he put it on. “Natasha…it’s time to call it.”

“But, Sir…” Natasha started as she looked to Diego from inside the helicopter.

“He’s gone. We know he’s good. If he doesn’t want to be found, he’s not going to be found. Come home and that goes for the others too,” he said into the headset after flipping a switch, putting him on the same channel as the ground forces. “Head home everyone…if he doesn’t want to be here and we can’t find him to force him. He’s on his own but I’m sure he’ll be okay,” he said before releasing the talk button. He handed the headset to Cherie and shrugged. “We’ve done everything we can,” he said with a stern face. “Martin’s not going to be happy…but it’s my responsibility. I’ll talk to him,” he said to Cherie with a nod. “It’s time for the shift change. It looks like you’ve had a hard night,” he said with a smile that didn’t quite come out right.

Cherie nodded. “Yes Sir,” she replied as she looked to Spring and pet her between the ears. She knew it was difficult for Bill to act like he was acting. He was usually so much stricter. It was only after he’d taken Keith’s position that he had tried to lighten up for the sake of everyone on the team. Keith’s attitude had been the driving force of the security forces…and he was much more relaxed than Bill usually acted. “Sir…” Cherie replied as she looked back at Bill as he was about to leave the room.

Bill turned toward her. “Yes?”

“You don’t have to force yourself to…y’know…” she said as she put the headset back on her head.

Bill blinked in surprise that she’d caught onto what he was trying to do…at least that’s what it seemed like. “I know…” he replied as he turned and left the room to put in a report to Martin that one of their residents had escaped.

-----

Light had had close shaves with the ground crews. He’d heard them despite the howling wind several times as they passed by his location. He was lucky he’d buried himself so deep but now he was cold and trudging through heavy chill winds toward a location that he wasn’t sure was going to provide shelter or warmth. He clutched the knife in his paw as he looked at it…his drive reignited as he picked up his pace toward the location. He looked to the right, the light much more dim than earlier because of the clouds that had appeared and blocked out the bring moon light. He squinted because he was trying to focus on a spot in the distance that looked like it had reflected some moon light through a gap in the clouds. He approached cautiously until he could see the device clearly from 15 yards away. It looked like a small turret of some sort. He tilted his head since he’d never seen anything like it before. Scratching his head since it didn’t seem like it was active; he jumped in surprise as it suddenly moved with an unexpected clicking noise. He opened his eyes wider when he felt a pain in his shoulder and looked down, seeing a small dart in it. “Oh…” he said as he felt himself become lightheaded and wasn’t able to form the next word of the sentence as he fell to his knees and then collapsed into the snow. Two figures in snow digital camouflage approached. One was much smaller and shorter than the other. Light saw the figures blurring in his sight as he heard them walking up to him with them, crunching the snow beneath boots and footpaws as his hearing became fuzzy and his vision faded to black.

----------

To be continued...

Please let me know if there are any inconsistencies and I will remedy them. Thank you.
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

this was SOME treat, man! :D :D
Way to go, can't wait to see what happens next!

PS - could you PM me an updated list of the human/K9 teams? I don't remember Jayden being in the first draft...
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

That is some stealth action! I assume the characters who captured Light also helped with hacking the security system.

Is it the end of the arc?
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

kavviyenta wrote:That is some stealth action! I assume the characters who captured Light also helped with hacking the security system.
Wait and see.
kavviyenta wrote:Is it the end of the arc?
Yes. :3
Also:
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

great job as always man, looking forward to the next arc, he is the most awesome wolf ive ever seen! :D
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Helmetzid wrote:great job as always man, looking forward to the next arc, he is the most awesome wolf ive ever seen! :D
Love getting comments from my readers. :D You guys make my day.
Also:
Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

I really like your work. I read it all and i cant wait for the next update.
GunRacer

Post by GunRacer »

You never fail to impress. Awesome job, and I can't wait for the next segment!
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

That ... was pretty intense. Awesome work!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Awesome stuff as always. One of the best action stories on here! Makes the blood rush just reading it! :D

Can't wait for the next arc dude...
My characters
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

*is deeply interested in your story*
Oh I so want to be a part of the groves security team, it sounds so coooooool :D
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

X3 Nice. Getting more comments. Glad to see that. I'll make sure to not wait a few months before the next update. :/ I've been bad about that...I know.
Also:
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Houspets: PoP – Light in the Darkness (PG-13)

Prologue

Bill entered Martin Foster’s office the next morning. The shelter owner’s usual smile was more wily than usual as the acting head of the shelter explained what had happened the night before. The two men sat back in their chairs exchanging looks of tiredness. Bill was the first to speak after the moment of awkward silence. “Not really much we can do, right? Not going to use valuable resources for a mere dog hunt? This is Light we’re talking about. He’s not the type to be a danger to the shelter…even if he was on the security team he’d take his own life before helping anyone know the weaknesses in our defenses, he’d-“ The former hard-edged motorcycle police officer was cut off by the shelter owner’s suddenly raised hand.

Martin continued for Bill. “And yet he had help escaping…from unknown accomplices that hacked our camera systems and disabled the power,” he said with a less than amused look on his face. For once Bill was looking into a face of someone that even he could not feel confident and safe from. He subtly gulped and waited for Martin to continue but Mr. Foster just learned back in his chair and put the tips of his fingers together as he pushed off the floor with his foot and slowly spun the chair around to look through the slits of the shades at the snow-covered landscape where some of the residents were throwing snowballs and roughhousing, oblivious to the events that happened last night. Except those that usually had seen Light by now.

A knock at the door caused Martin to stand from the chair and go to greet the unexpected guest. Bill just spun his chair half way to look toward the entrance to the office as Mr. Foster opened it. As he did, the two men saw a very distressed looking female dog. On the smaller end of medium in size when it came to dogs, her lavender eyes were filled with tears and she was sobbing as her taupe colored fur looked unkempt and she clutched a crinkled up note tightly in her paw. Emily calmed down as Martin immediately leaned down and hugged her; the man never missed an opportunity to comfort an animal in distress. After a moment she calmed down and wiped the tears from her eyes, reaching over Martin’s arms with her own to reach her face as they were wrapped tightly around her.

“M-Mr…Foster…” she said as she held up the note to him…it was crinkled and some of the letters were smudged from obvious tear stains. “What’s this?” Martin asked as he glanced over it.

My dearest Emily,

I must leave. I am sorry that we spent so little time together but my destiny lies outside of this shelter as well as with you. That is why I must do this. I hope you understand that my love for you is limitless despite my inability to tell you exactly why I have to go away for a while. I fear the shelter may be in danger if I stay here. I cannot promise that I will return because my journey will be perilous, I only hope that your love for me is true and that you will wait for my return.

Always your wolf,
Light

Martin turned the paper over before looking at the front of it, letting Emily nuzzle against his shoulder for comfort. “Well, Light certainly has a flair for the romantic,” he said as he put a hand atop Emily’s head and gently pet her.

“B-But…why…?” she started to sob again. “Why did he leave me…?” she asked looking up into Martin’s eyes. “Why is the shelter in danger if he stays?” His strong, sincere eyes somehow gave Emily some strength and her tears stopped once again.

“Light is being sincere in his writing, Emily,” Martin replied as he stood up and carried it over to the desk where Bill was seated. Martin sat down and looked at small taupe-colored dog. “…You should know Light by now…whatever he’s doing, he’s doing for the good of the shelter…and even though he loves you…” he said as she looked back at him and felt her tail wag a little at the care with which her new mate had defended the shelter over the course of its reopened run.

“Light’s duty will forever be to the shelter,” she replied softly along with Martin’s statement.

Martin gave his usual reassuring grin and nodded. “Don’t worry about Light, Emily…he loves you and can take care of himself.”

Emily nodded and exited the room, closing the door behind her as she headed down the hall and back toward the library.

Martin turned and folded his arms as he looked out at the residents again. “Forget about Light for now,” he replied to Bill without turning away from the window. “Just fix the security systems so this doesn’t happen again…even if we have outsiders with security clearance now…NO ONE but authorized personnel will access this system ever again. Is that understood?” the shelter owner asked Bill.

“Yes Sir!” Bill replied as he stood from his chair and nodding before turning and leaving the office.

Martin sighed as he shook his head, his usual smile returning with his amusement. “If you come back, Light…” he said to himself, not finishing the sentence as if he didn’t want to say it. It was clear he wasn’t happy with the white-furred wolf though.

To be continued...

Thus begins the next story arc. Enjoy. X3
Also:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Houspets: PoP - Light in the Darkness (PG-13)

Post by copper »

Almost makes me think He'll punch the wiolf in thew face... until I realize who it is! :lol: No pets for a week...

Nice prologue. Can't wait to hear about Light's big journey. Should be very suspenseful.

Poor Emily. Such a sappy note...
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

yay, new arc!
Can't wait for it! :D
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

trying to think who it was that helped light. has a suspicion. if it were just humans I would have no idea but a human and a pet...possibly a female cat both of whom originated from a foreign country

but meh, the story is too enthralling to want to second guess it
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
GunRacer

Post by GunRacer »

Good to see you writing again. I can't wait for more!
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Wow, I've missed a lot.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

----------Chapter 1

Light had begun to come to while noticing several things at once. The vibrating he felt along his side where he lay was the familiar bumps of a vehicle in motion along a paved road. His nose picked up the smell of an interior of a vehicle. The faint odor of gas fumes confirmed his hypothesis as to his makeshift cell. He gasped as he opened his eyes to a bright light, the late morning sun surprised him and he moaned as he closed his eyes against the luminous onslaught. From what he saw in the brief minute he was on the floor behind the driver’s seat, unable to get a clear view of him…or her. “Mrgh…” he quietly made a sound of annoyance as he tried to cover his face. He pulled his right paw up but it didn’t move, as he felt his left paw trying to move with it. He realized his wrists were bound behind his back. He was even more alert now as he tried to move his footpaws. As he expected they were also bound. The wolf slowly opened his eyes, letting them adjust to the light and looked around. He was in a vehicle that he recognized as a van. A Dachshund in the passenger seat looked over his shoulder and noticed Light was awake. Even though the wolf tried to move his head back into a rested state quickly after he saw the dog whip his head around. Light kept his eyes closed but noticed the Weiner dog’s tail tapping against the car seat, wagging as if something had excited him. He opened his eyes and sighed with an annoyed expression on his face when he saw that the dog was looking at him with a smile from the passenger seat.

The dog that was sitting in the passenger seat unbuckled his seat belt and the driver, a man from the sound of it, grumbled as if he didn’t like the idea of the dog wandering around the vehicle while it was moving. He tapped on the breaks suddenly causing the Dachshund to swing his arms wildly a brief moment to regain his balance, enticing a growl he returned to the driver for the dirty trick. The driver just waved a hand over his shoulder dismissively as he concentrated on driving.

Light looked back at the dog standing beside him. The smile he was showing the wolf was one that was getting on Light’s nerves, even though it was genuine, Light wasn’t liking it…probably because he was tired hungry and tied up in the back of a van. The wolf suddenly pulled his knees up and used the momentum to pivot on his hip on the floor of the van to aim his bound footpaws at the canine, kicking them out at where he was standing.

The Dachshund reacted surprisingly quickly as he sidestepped the attack. “Whoa!” said a digital sounding voice from the collar the dog wore around his neck. Light’s ears twitched at the sound, knowing it didn’t sound right.

In the moment that Light’s expression was one of surprise the smaller canine had sidestepped behind him and tried to pin the wolf down. Light was also quick though and brought his knees in again and spun around with a grunt and while the Dachshund had to back away to avoid getting hit again, the wolf rolled onto his back and swung his footpaws over himself as he rolled up his back and sprung off his shoulders, landing on his footpaws and bracing himself as he hopped back against the side of the van behind the driver’s seat.

“What’s going on back there?” the driver asked as he looked over his shoulder and saw the Dachsund shrugging as he looked back at the human.

Light was breathing heavily as he staggered slightly; having to keep his balance on two footpaws so close to one another wasn’t easy. He used his tail as a counterweight as he looked over his shoulder through the window. They were on a highway and there were cars crowding them in heavy traffic. The wolf looked back to the Dachshund as he stared back at him with eyes that seemed to be sparkling in admiration now. They didn’t seem too hostile, since the other canine wasn’t attacking him. “Just defending, huh?” Light asked with a grin as he started to relax. He figured if his captors, if that’s what they really were, meant him harm they would have done things to him while he was unconscious. When the smaller canine didn’t reply right away the wolf spoke again.

“Where are we? Who are you?” he asked as he shook his head. This much excitement so soon after resting was getting to him. His bright green eyes darted back and forth as he took a deep breath and calmed down, giving him time to think. What was the thing that the email said regarding the contacts? The wolf chuckled as he remembered the cliché type sayings that the plan had explained, having Keith’s personal touch to it. “The weather is nice this time of year.” Light said with an amused grin as he looked down at the Dachshund.

The smaller canine smiled as he looked up at Light. “As long as it doesn’t rain cats,” the slightly digital sounding voice, said from the collar as his mouth moved silently along with his ‘voice’. For an artificially generated voice, it sounded pretty good. Far from the robotic sounding voice box from which Steven Hawking’s spoke. The technology seemed very advanced. The wolf hadn’t seen anything like it before.

Light tilted his head slightly in surprise again, his ears twitching as they heard the voice sounding different than he’d expected. The wolf nodded in acknowledgement. He was going to say something about the smaller dog’s apparent condition but decided against it for now. He wanted to make a good impression. “So…you’re the contacts…” he said under his breath. The smaller dog’s ears perked up as if answering affirmatively. Light growled slightly. “Some greeting…” he added in a slightly annoyed tone. The driver chuckled and turned his head to speak in a gruff voice over his shoulder while keeping his eyes on the road.

“Precautions for us…we know you’re skilled. If we hadn’t bound you, we know you wouldn’t have hesitated to attack us as soon as you gained consciousness. You wouldn’t have had a reason to trust us at that point.”

The wolf grumbled as the Dachshund continued to stare at him. He touched Light’s thigh with his fingertips as if checking to see if he was real.

“Hey…” Light cried out as he pulled his leg away from the touch. “Personal space, Buddy.”

“Don’t mind him,” the driver said with a boisterous laugh. “He’s just never been able to meet up with his idol until now.”

Light raised an eyebrow as he continued looking at the canine in front of him. “Idol?”

“Oh yeah, I’m a huge fan of your work, Light. From all the stories my dad told me,” the Dachshund’s collar quickly blurted as he held a paw toward the driver indicating he was his dog. He seemed easily excitable as he smiled and wagged his tail. It was clear he was happy about meeting the wolf. “My name is Frank by the way…and my dad-“ he started as he held his paw out, pointing at the driver again.

“Frankie,” the driver interrupted Frank.

Light raised an eyebrow at the reply. He wasn’t quite sure if they were pulling his tail or being serious. He suddenly thought of something regarding the wiener dog’s name and stifled a chuckle. “Frank the Frankfurter?” the wolf said as he looked at the smaller canine.

The driver burst out with another hearty laugh as the Dachshund rolled his eyes. “Nothing new, I assure you. There are plenty of dogs that are cursed with ironic names.”

Light’s expression suddenly cooled and he nodded in understanding as he remembered Tiger. Wonder what he’s up to? Light asked himself before grinning. “Alright then, Frank…wanna help me get out of these things?” No sooner had the wolf finished talking than the smaller canine flipped out a Multi-Tool’s knife and he cut through the zip ties around his ankles. Light quickly sat down and presented his paws to Frank who proceeded to cut through the binding of the same type on his wrist. The white-furred wolf sat down on the floor of the van and rubbed his wrists and ankles. “Thanks, Frank,” the wolf said as he relaxed on his back on the floor of the van.

The Dachshund nodded in acknowledgment and walked back to the passenger seat. The occasional thin shadow of a street light passed over the vehicle showing through the side window of the vehicle as it sped down the busy highway.

“THE KNIFE!” Light shouted as he sat up suddenly, causing Frankie to swerve slightly in surprise.

“Relax, Light,” the wiener dog replied with a smile as he looked over his shoulder. “Here it is,” he added as he picked up the knife from beside him and tossed it to the wolf.

The wolf looked back at him with an expression that asked if the other canine was crazy but then realized mid-flight it had a sheath. He caught it and pulled it out of the leather protective case. He inspected it a few seconds until he was convinced it belonged to Temno. He gripped the knife handle tightly in his paw before shoving it back inside the sheath. He took a closer look at the sheath and put it on over his shoulder. It was actually sort of a harness. It fit him pretty well as it slung over his left shoulder and ran down across his chest and had another loop that buckled around the waist, keeping it close to him and in a position that would appear easy to draw. He quick drew it to test it and, satisfied, nodded and sheathed it back in place. His face took on an expression of not bad.

Light relaxed back against the floor, still a little worried. “Where are we going, anyway?” Light replied with the usual anxiousness he got from riding in a car. He got up off the floor of the van and looked out the window. What the van was driving past was a testament of modern engineering and architecture. “Whoa,” Light replied in a whisper as he looked over the details of the structure with his trained eyes. He noticed a sign on the corner of the block that read Terrace High. The van stopped at a light on the corner. “You guys live here? This is where we’re going?” Light fired off one question after the other as his tail wagged.

Frankie and Frank looked at each other before bursting into laughter. “Hahaha…no no…“ the human that was driving replied as he accelerated when the streetlight changing to green. “We have much more comfortable living conditions,” he replied with a wink over his shoulder at Light as the vehicle passed by Terrace High and drove on to the city nearby.

(To be continued…)

Hey look at that...an update that you didn't have to wait a month or more for. :D
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also: