Houspets: PoP - vol. 1 thru 3 (PG-13)

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Re: Housepets: Projectiles of Protection (PG-13)

Post by Blue Braixen »

lightwolf21 wrote:
copper wrote:Pretty good ending there, Light wolf.
Wait...O_o so only the ending was good? *sniffle* :cries:
See what you did, copper?! Youre to blame!
[/sarcasm]
valerio

Post by valerio »

lightwolf21 wrote:
*hugs Light*
There, there, WE love ALL of your work, you know it.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

valerio wrote:
lightwolf21 wrote:
*hugs Light*
There, there, WE love ALL of your work, you know it.
What Val said. (And did.)
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Aww. I'm sorry lightwolf. I should have mentioned how much I liked the entire fanfic, but that would have become a wall of text. I didn't want to clog up the comments with my fanatical praises. Please don't cry, you might make me start. I'm a sympathetic crier after all. :cry:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

copper wrote:Aww. I'm sorry lightwolf. I should have mentioned how much I liked the entire fanfic, but that would have become a wall of text. I didn't want to clog up the comments with my fanatical praises. Please don't cry, you might make me start. I'm a sympathetic crier after all. :cry:
*sniffle* Okay, thanks for that. :)
I don't really get upset, and I really enjoyed your All the King's Men entry, since I finally got around to read it...
-_-' Yes I posted that thing about you not writing fan-fiction before I read it, but I must say it was really well written...you should reconsider writing some more fan-fic stuff. ;3
Of course we have to get Elliot to start posting his art, too.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

lightwolf21 wrote: *sniffle* Okay, thanks for that. :)
I don't really get upset, and I really enjoyed your All the King's Men entry, since I finally got around to read it...
-_-' Yes I posted that thing about you not writing fan-fiction before I read it, but I must say it was really well written...you should reconsider writing some more fan-fic stuff. ;3
You cheeky little... If I didn't like your fics so much I would smack you through the internet! Yes, I do have the power to do that! :evil:

Thanks for the compliment on my writing, but I won't be writing any fanfics in the near future. Maybe after the new year? Maybe never!? Who knows? ;)
My characters
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

lightwolf21 wrote:
copper wrote:Aww. I'm sorry lightwolf. I should have mentioned how much I liked the entire fanfic, but that would have become a wall of text. I didn't want to clog up the comments with my fanatical praises. Please don't cry, you might make me start. I'm a sympathetic crier after all. :cry:
*Runs away, hoping not to get shot by Light*
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

He's not the only one you need to worry about! :twisted:
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Private Elliot wrote:
lightwolf21 wrote:
*Runs away, hoping not to get shot by Light*
*Shoots a tranquilizer dart at Elliot*
Hey Elliot, how's your thigh feel?
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Fppft Haheheheh, you smell like foods.

*CHOMP*
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Private Elliot wrote:Fppft Haheheheh, you smell like foods.

*CHOMP*
Someone hurry and stick him in Copper's basement!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

That's reserved for you Housedog. After your done with you're family, you're going right back in their to finish ASD and get some translations done.
My characters
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

copper wrote:That's reserved for you Housedog. After your done with you're family, you're going right back in their to finish ASD and get some translations done.
HEY! No one tells him what to do but me and Light!

RAEG
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

copper wrote:That's reserved for you Housedog. After your done with you're family, you're going right back in their to finish ASD and get some translations done.
No you can't take me alive! Ablarblegarble *brick'd*
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Private Elliot wrote:
HEY! No one tells him what to do but me and Light!

RAEG
I never told tha Housedog what to do. I merely stated what was going to happen in the future. There will be no discussion on the matter.

Yes, chloroform will be involved, if you must know.
My characters
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Main Page for Character Interviews for Applications toward the Lucky Charm Grove Security Detail (LCGSD) Team.

LCGSD Interviews

The following interviews for the 'Security Detail' position at the LCG were written based off of roleplays with characters acted by their respective creators.

Interview 1: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 59#p154259

Interview 2: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 25#p154425

Interview 3: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 46#p154446

Interview 4: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p154470

Interview 5: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 25#p154625

Interview 6: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 41#p154641

Interview 7: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 95#p154695

Interview 8: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 40#p154740
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Also:
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

LCGSD Interviews

The following interviews for the 'Security Detail' position at the LCG were written based off of roleplays with characters acted by their respective creators.
Reviewed by Tha Housedog and Valerio

Chapter 1

The opening of the Lucky Charm Grove for the Abandoned and the Feral was a huge success, with many pets being adopted on the first day. The viral Grand Opening campaign had been a huge success. Of course, soon the contracts with the temporary security forces would come to an end, and Keith and Martin had to hire the best team they could find to protect current and future residents of the shelter.

“Good morning.” Keith said to Martin as he joined him at the table in one of the conference rooms. There were many rooms that families would be interviewed and could visit the potential new members of the family. Martin held up a hand while responding to an important text. Keith waited patiently for Martin to answer the text he received on his phone.

“I am done, Mr. Greyfield,” Martin said, putting the phone away. “So, what did you want to talk to me about?”

"Our first applicant has arrived." Keith replied. He slid the file across the table to Martin.

Martin browsed through the paper, with an interested gaze. "Vietnamese? An...original choice, if I can be so bold."

“Heh,” Keith responded rubbing the back of his neck with a little embarrassment, “Well...I knew her in high school...and well, I think she's been looking for new work, so I suggested she apply.”

"Training?"

“I didn't ask her...do you want me to call her in?”

"That depends. I assume you are aware of her talents, for submitting her... Or is it just some favor?...because I am not prone to hire security on such basis. Lieutenant."

"Well...when we were in high school...we used to spar, and uh..." Keith blushed remembering what had happened. "...uh, *mumbles* I never won.

Martin smiled. "Oh. She's THAT good, then."

"Hey, you know me...I don't hold back." Keith replied, smiling. "I don't know if she's kept up with whatever martial arts training she used to take...but if she has, she's a force to be reckoned with."

Martin drummed his fingers on the desk, while continuing to browse the sparse file. "Of course, I expect a series of tests to be taken. I need a solid curriculum. And of course I want to see how she interacts with her dog..."

---

Cherie Nguyen, lithe, Vietnamese and full of spirit, sat next to her Pitbull-Dalmation mix, Spring and was petting her head. She got out a dog brush and started to uselessly ‘straighten’ out the dog’s short fur. "I'm fine, mom...jeez, it's not like my fur is long enough to get 'out of place.'

“Well, I want you to look your best for this interview...no telling what Mr. Foster is like. A real stickler for details from what Keith has told me.” Cherie replied as she continued brushing her ‘daughter.’

Keith opened the door to the room and motioned Cherie over. They got off their chairs and walked up to Keith. "I'm not going to show favoritism...you know that, right? You better give it your all."

The three entered the room. "Spring, Ms. Nguyen. Please, have a seat. Very honored to meet you."

Spring and Cherie walked in, heads held high, and made eye contact with Martin as they sat in the seats across from Martin. “It is nice to meet you, Mr. Foster.” Cherie replied, as she sat down.

“Likewise,” Spring said, as she sat down beside Cherie.

Keith sat next Martin and was joined by Light who had just come in through the door and took a seat next to Keith, handing out bottled water for everyone. He looked Spring up and down, as if judging whether she was worthy as a member of the security forces they were planning on creating. Keith drank some of the water. He held a hand out to Martin, having ask the first question. He was hoping Cherie was prepared.

Whatever thoughts were crossing Martin Foster's mind, he held them behind a warm smile. Pets had this effect on him; they...soothed any inner turmoil. It came just natural for him to ask, "How long have you two been living together?"
Cherie put her hand on Spring's head and gave it a gentle rub back, so as not to muss up the short fur. "I adopted her as a pup." We've been living together in Southern California since then.

Spring, responded with wagging her tail..."she's a really good mom...supported me in my decision to enter the K-9 academy...though, I could tell she was worried about me."

All of a sudden, Martin's gaze became intense. That transition usually took his interlocutors by surprise. It helped him in getting a more spontaneous reaction...especially for the question he asked out of the blue. "Given the chance to kill Spring to save your life, Ms. Nguyen, would you do it?"

Keith smiled...Martin certainly had a way with first impressions. Light, on the other hand, didn’t like this question…it seemed too black and white. He knew in the real world, nothing was ever that easy.

Cherie gasped "...Mr. Foster..." she then realized this was a job interview and a valid question concerning this line of work. She calmed down... "Not even if it was the only option..." she said looking into the man's eyes. She then looked at Spring. "...I just hope there would be someone there to take my place if it were to happen."

"This institution is going to do just that, in the case you just described, Ms. Nguyen. Another thing: What would you DO, to someone who ever did harm to Spring?...regardless of rank or social status?"

Cherie's eyes shifted back to Martin... "Do you mind if I ask you a question, Mr. Foster?"

The crack of a smile appeared back on his lips. "By all means, do."

"This security position for the Lucky Charm Grove...is it not about protecting all those that reside within its gates?"

Martin held up his index finger. He said, with the utmost calm, "Protecting the guests means doing EVERYTHING for them. Lethal force included. This includes very dangerous things. Maybe you'll discover this is sometimes a very tranquil and boring job, Ms. Nguyen...

...But I want to cover ANY possible problem, here. I assume you're familiar with Murphy's Law?"

Cherie nodded. “Yes, anything that can go wrong will go wrong...but having listened to your answer...please allow me to finish the second part of my question...”

Spring knew where her mom was going with this. She smiled knowing full well what she was going to say, and she agreed with it…she would gladly give her life if it meant saving even one animal within its perimeter, she was already trained to protect and serve as a police dog, even at the cost of her life.

"...would I kill Spring to protect the lives of those within the shelter?...if I were to take the position...I'd have to say...yes."

Martin nodded, slowly. This woman caught on quickly, sharp. He liked it. "That is why I worked so hard on several redundancies. I believe I covered any possible bio-hazard, in case of contamination of pet maladies. Do you know why I asked you about Murphy's Law?"

Cherie had an idea, but wasn't entirely sure. "Please. Enlighten me Mr. Foster..." she had tears in her eyes from thinking about the possibility of having to kill Spring, but she managed to hold them back.

"Martin's Law: Murphy is overrated."

Keith let out a cough. "As a Mary Sue, problems are naturally attracted to you?"

"I am a magnet for them. That is why I am what you'd call a 'control freak'. You two will have to accept to be monitored anytime, everywhere. I promise discretion, of course. If any trouble arises, I'll make sure to solve it ASAP. If I can't, and that would be the really worst case scenario, I'll take care of my employees' families, be they pets or humans.
Martin's Second Law, ‘Nothing will be left undone.’

Cherie looked at the man quizzically. "What do you mean by that, exactly?"
"Do you mean, whatever we decide, we have to go through with it?"

"It means that I shall take care of everything, Ms Nguyen. Do your work, loyal, honest and thorough, and you'll never have to fear anything, save fear itself."

Spring spoke up. "We're not even afraid of that?

Keith and Light looked at each other out of the corners of their eyes.

Martin stood up. He extended his hand, first to Spring. "Well, I hope this interview was good for you as it was for me. I will let you know tomorrow night if you're in… Deal?"

Spring took the man's hand in her paw and gave it a shake, looking into his eyes. "Mr. Foster...even if we aren't hired...could you do me a favor?"

Cherie shook her head sharply at Spring and crossed her arms. "No, Spring...we shouldn't be asking Mr. Foster for favors."

Again the warm, happy smile came into Martin's lips and eyes. "Of course you may, Spring. First rule: Pets first. Tell me."

"Well, I have a sister and she hates me...I want to make up with her, but she moved away...somewhere up north and I haven't been able to locate her. I was wondering...if maybe...maybe you could help me find her." She looked away..."I'm sorry, I feel like I'm asking for a handout...begging?...who begs anymore?” The Dalmation mix shook her head. “Mom's right, I can't ask you for that...sorry." She got off the chair and walked to the door.

"Spring," Said Martin. All of a sudden, again with that sudden change of mood, "Before you leave, talk with Keith. Tell him EVERYTHING we need to know, down to the last detail. I will move the mountains to help you, believe me. If you are going to work for me, you must trust me as I will trust you and your Mom."

Cherie extended a warm hand to Martin. "Thank you Mr. Foster, we’re in your debt, sorry to trouble you with that, but it really would mean the world to Spring. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you."

Martin gave a curt nod and shook her hand. “You will be.”

Later after Martin had left the group to work on overseeing some details about the newly opened animal shelter, out in the lobby, Cherie gave Keith a hug. “Thanks, Keith.”

Keith returned the hug. It was nice to see Cherie face to face after all this time. He let her go and drank some water from his water bottle, spilling some on himself. “No, problem Cherie…but are you sure you’re okay with moving all the way out here?”

Cherie rolled her eyes, when Keith spilled water on himself…same ‘ol Keith. “I wouldn’t have agreed to come if Spring hadn’t been behind me 100%”

---

Light was walking with his arms folded behind his back beside Spring in front of the building. “…and that’s all the information you have on your sister?”

“Yeah,” Spring replied, “I know it’s not much, but are you sure you can remember all that.” She looked at the wolf skeptically.

Light tapped the side of his head. “I’m pretty good at remembering things.” He was being modest…he had an auditory eidetic memory …this often helped him write the reports Keith was so adamant against writing himself. It also helped the wolf in writing his memoirs. (WIP) The two continued walking around the building.

“Light?” Spring suddenly said. “Do you have a mate?”

Light was still in business mode, since they had more interviews to conduct…Cherie and Spring had been the first. “No,” he replied unflinchingly, no emotion in his voice, he didn’t even make eye contact with the Dalmation mix.

“I see.” Spring understood the wolf’s reasoning. K-9 officers would try not to get too emotionally attached to their partners…for risk they could be used as a weakness against them…at least that’s what they were taught in the academy. Soon Cherie had to leave, and Spring with her. Light waved goodbye to the dog and joined back up with Keith. “Well,” Keith asked Light with raised eyebrows.

“Not much to go on,” Light replied. “Just a name, and physical description. Summer and she’s said to look like Spring but, they …don’t even have the current owner’s names…”

Keith gently nudged Light. “What?” the wolf asked looking at Keith’s facial expression. “Ohhh, no. I know what you’re getting at, and the answer is no. If I’m going to be working with her, I am keeping it strictly professional.” Light said, crossing his arms and looking away from Keith indignantly.

“C’mon…,” Keith said, “won’t you at least admit she’s cute?”

Light blushed a little, Keith enjoyed teasing Light about these things…which wasn’t very often. “A-Absolutely not,” Light replied, then hung his head and turned to the side. “…Well, maybe a little,” the white wolf added, rubbing the back of his neck.

Keith chuckled and petted the wolf’s head and neck. “C’mon we have another interview in 15 minutes.” The ex-marine got up and walked back to the building as Light followed.

-----

RP interview session, with Martin and his paragraphs written by Valerio. Cherie, Keith, Light, and Spring by me.

<<Back to applicant list: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 36#p154236
>>Next Interview: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 25#p154425

-----
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I'm noticing a pattern here... -_-'
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

What?

I liked the story. It was nice and soothing. Seriously, what's up with this wolf? He thinks both tarot and this dalmation-mix are cute? He's so repressed!
My characters
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

LCGSD Interviews

Reviewed by Tha Housedog and Valerio

Note: Chapter removed pending declassification of file.

CLASSIFIED

-----

<< Back to Applicant List: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 36#p154236
>> Next Interview: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 46#p154446

-----
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Also:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well,that was... interesting. I really don't know what to say here. Good writing, excellent character intros, and Light was funny in his own way. Good all around, I guess.
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Aww, so nice! It was well worth working on them!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

LCGSD Interviews

Reviewed by Tha Housedog

Chapter 3

Keith and Martin were waiting for the next applicant but he wasn't coming in. "Light, can you go check what the holdup is please." Keith was busy looking at the file.

Light walked to the door and peeked out. He saw a well fit man, a little on the heavy side, but still somewhat muscular, with a thinning hairline, with buzzcut hair. He was sitting alone and looking worried and nervous. "He's out there but he's alone," the wolf said.

Martin raised an eyebrow. "Most interesting. By all means, Light, please show him in anyway."

Josh Mongrove looked up as a white wolf approached. "Yes?" he asked. Light motioned the man to follow him.

"Where's your partner?" Light asked him. "Oh, I"m Light by the way." He offered his paw as he opened the door.

Josh took the wolves paw and shook it...he walked into the room and offered his hand to Martin. "Mr. Foster...a pleasure to meet you sir."

"I hope it will be for me as well, Mr. Mongrove. Please, have a seat... And tell me, how come you are alone?"

Josh sat down and replied nervously. "I-I'm your biggest fan, Mr. Foster, I've heard of everything you've done for animals and it inspired me to quit the army I'd rather protect animals than kill humans and I saw your ad and I asked around and found out how to contact Lt. Greyfield and now here I am..." In his excitement, he'd completely forgotten to answer the question.

Martin nodded. For being a former Delta Force, he surely looked nervous... "Mr. Mongrove, you may relax. If you have the skills I seek, then it will be only a matter of finding you a suitable partner. If your soul is so set for our furry friends, I take it you won't have a problem if I allow myself to suggest a candidate."

"Oh, no of course not Mr. Foster..." The man relaxed a bit now that he learned he could still be considered even though he'd never had a pet before. He'd always loved animals, but was worried something would happen when he was away on missions, so he never bothered to adopt. But if he could find a suitable partner to watch each others' backs with, he could finally have one. "...please, I'd be honored to have you choose a partner for me."

Martin took a file from the shelf on the right side of the desk. There, lay the files for those guests who needed a particular kind of owner. Police dogs, military, hunting, sniffing... Those pets who required an activity rather than living a lazy, for how much comfortable, life. "Here you go, Mr. Mongrove." He handed out a file.

The picture at the first page was of a male Great Dane. His short fur was hazelnut, with a black muzzle, and pointed ears. He looked like a tough cookie, his grey eyes were cold, hard, his expression was that of a fighter, quiet yet ready to tear at your throat in but a second.

Keith leaned over putting his elbows on the table and folding his hands. "Mr. Mongrove, a pet is a huge responsibility, and having a canine partner for something along this line of work could be a burden to someone new to this. Are you sure you're ready?"

Mongrove looked over the file, "I'd be willing to learn anything I need to, to protect animals, Lt."
"Wow, he's a big'un." Josh replied looking at the Great Dane. "Is he easy to care for, Mr. Foster?"

Martin seemed satisfied with the answer. "This is Toro, Mr. Mongrove. He's not an easy...subject. He's a born fighter, loyal to no end, but he will ask your respect. You must be not his 'superior', but his equal. You will not just work with him, you will live with him, share everything of you with him as he'll do with you. It will be easy, but only if you want it.

"In what way is he 'not easy'?"

"There is no such things as 'easy to care to' with him. The Shelter will provide food and health. You will provide your heart and soul. Brother in Arms, Mr. Mongrove. Do you think you can consider Toro your true partner and not just a pet?

"I've worked alongside humans I couldn't stand to be near, Mr. Foster. I think I can handle working alongside animals..." The man replied smiling. "Toro, huh?"

Martin raised again his eyebrow. Maybe he watched too many reruns of Star Trek... “Toro comes from the City's SWAT K-9 units. He has an excellent record... Unfortunately, his partner was killed in action and Toro never accepted another human since then. He was brought here rather than being suppressed. If you can convince him that you can be his new partner, the job is yours." He didn't mean to sound rude, but he really preferred to work with people who already had a partner.

"What if he doesn't accept me as his partner? What could I do to win him over?" Josh spoke as if accepting a challenge.

Martin showed an enigmatic smile. "Heart and soul, Mr. Mongrove. You do your magic, if there is any within you. After all, you said it; you want to protect my guests. If your heart is true, Toro will know."
Josh couldn't help but smile as well. "How do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"That thing...with your smile?"

"My cat taught me."

Josh, grinned, not sure if he was being serious or not. One thing was certain; Mr. Foster's smile was infectious. He held out a hand. "I'll win over Toro...at any cost; just you wait and see, Sir."

Martin shook Josh's hand. "That, Mr. Mongrove, or I'll have to tell your nearest of kin about your untimely demise. Toro is not one to be fooled around. Lieutenant, escort our brave soldier to Toro's apartment. Call me when he's done..." He made it sound that last sentence somehow...ominous.

Keith escorted Josh, with Light staying behind to guard Martin, as per Keith's orders
Light followed behind them instead, Martin had told him to go have some fun...and Light knew who the alpha male was, at the shelter.

A few minutes later, Keith knocked on the door to Toro's apartment.

"Toro, you in there?" Light called to the other side of the door.

The Great Dane was busy over a book. He barely moved his ears. "Yes, Light. Come in."

"Coming in." Light replied as he opened the door, knowing the procedure for entering a room with a police dog...he learned the hard way. Keith and Josh followed.

The dog put the book on the small table beside his bed, then stood up. "Hello, folks. And who is the fresh meat with you?" He showed them a toothy smile.

"My name is Joshua Mongrove! Let's wrastle!" he said as he leapt at the dog. In Josh's experience the best way to get to know someone was to fight them. It was when they were at their most basic state, no way for them to hide emotions or secrets, only the basic core of their being.

Toro reacted the way he had been taught for years at the best Academy, when Budweiser the Terrible could tackle him in front of everyone!

Toro grabbed the man by his throat! Hard, but not enough to kill him. Josh looked down, his eyes staring at where his knife was at Toro's throat. Oops, he thought. He'd reacted a bit too instinctually and was sure the dog would never accept him as a partner, now. Martin might even have him shot on sight for pulling a knife on a shelter resident.

Toro didn't know what this ape's idea was, but for now he intended to finish this job, quickly! He gave another, harder squeeze at the man's windpipe. The naked ape had hesitated, and he intended to take advantage of that!

"Move an inch, human, and your brain will suffer a severe oxygen loss! Make me spasm, and my claws open your carotid. Are you ready to be quiet, now?"

“Go ahead...” Josh, replied. “You've been trained for this, but I couldn’t kill an animal to save my life.”

Toro let him go.

"Whew, that was a close one, I almost killed you...that would have been horrible." Josh said, rubbing his throat.

The dog squatted before the wheezing human. "You have intrigued me. If you wanted to die, that was a very strange choice, so I assume you wanted to test me. Why?"

"Oh, no...I had no intention of dying... I just felt it best to get to know what you were capable of... it was just a stupid way of doing it." The man rubbed the back of his neck as he sat up. "I've fought and killed many men in hand to hand...to be defeated by a dog, it’s exhilarating." He sheathed his knife as he stood up. "I want you."

Toro examined this strange person from head to feet. "Just like that? You think you can barge in and say that stupid Pokémon-phrase? I'm not a Pikachu, ape. I too, have killed in action, and I want from you at least one reason why *I* should accept your presence?!

"Because I can give you something others haven't..."

"And that would be..?"

"...another chance."

"Explain."

"When was the last time you were considered for adoption? The last time...you chased down the bad guys...doing what you were trained to do...what you were made to do?"

Toro stared right in the man's eyes. "I was made to kill. Chase and kill, if necessary. No remorse, no hesitation. After the shift was done, I waited in my room, waiting to be called for another assignment… That was my life."

"I-I had no idea..." Josh replied. This changed everything, his whole approach had been wrong. "...that's all?" He asked. "...did you ever want to do anything besides that?"

"I am what I am now, not what I wanted to be. I am not a property, not a weapon. My human honed the best of my qualities. I am not looking for a cozy life, but for the chance to do what I've been always trained to do…with respect. If you think I'm 'just a dog', I suggest you go away now. If you *do* believe I am your partner..." Toro extended his paw. "I'm game. But remember. *I* will be watching over you."

Josh took the paw in his hand firmly. "I couldn't ask for more." he replied.

Keith and Light were pretending like they were crying tears of joy.

Toro searched for hesitation, fear, doubt...finding none. That was a first since Roger... "Then we have a deal...partner."

"Very good then, Toro. Mutual agreement: let's try not to kill one another, okay?" Josh was seeing how Toro would respond to sarcasm.

Toro showed again that toothy grin. "Only if you don't try it first."

Josh chuckled. "Deal," he replied. Keith spoke next. "Okay, first day of qualifications is Monday, next week be here 0500 hours."

Josh and Toro saluted, "Yessir."

-----

RP interview session…with Martin and Toro created by and their paragraphs written by Valerio.
…Keith, Light and Joshua created by and their paragraphs written by Lightwolf21

<< Back to Applicant List: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 36#p154236
>> Next Interview: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p154470

-----
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

heh, never mess with the big boy! :mrgreen:
Liked it how it came out, though I am a tad biased on that side...
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

valerio wrote:heh, never mess with the big boy! :mrgreen:
Liked it how it came out, though I am a tad biased on that side...
We know you are! :D
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

LCGSD Interviews

Reviewed by Tha Housedog

Chapter 4

"I'm kind of unsure about this Jas.” The German Shepherd, Jayden, addressed his master. (pronounced Jes) I mean, are you sure we can trust these guys?"

Jason: "But of course! You really need to stop being so paranoid about everything."

Light approached the man and German Shepherd. They'd looked like they'd seen their share. "Come with me, gentlemen." Light said, to the couple as he walked back to the conference room.

The trio entered the Director's room. "Ah, Jayden. Jason. Please, have a seat."

Jason whispers to Jayden, "Please try to act as if your life depended on it; we need to make a good impression"

Jayden nodded absentmindedly, he was too busy staring, puzzled at the wolf in the room.

Light took a seat beside Keith, looking at the German Shepherd, staring at him.

Keith spoke first..."So, I understand you two were on the police force?"

Jayden shook his head, and sat down next to Jason. He hoped this would be over soon.
"Yes, we were…for quite some time. Jayden was bored most of the time as well; there wasn't a ton of 'action'" Jason answered.

"Is that the reason you quit?" Keith proceeded with questioning.

"Rather, Jayden...care to explain to this poor would-be employer why, of all places and jobs you could look for your career, you chose my humble shelter? I mean, this job is supposed to be essentially...calm, save for the occasional threat,” Martin asked the Shepherd.

Keith looked over at the dog, waiting to hear his answer. Light was also intrigued as to what a dog could say regarding the influence he could have on his master.

Jason nodded at Jayden to answer. "Well, it was mainly Jason's idea. Some 'traumatizing' stuff happened recently, and Jason-- being the wimp he is-- wants to settle down for a while." Jason ignored the remark via rolling his eyes.

Martin leaned against his chair. "I see. Then, I'll assure you, if you'll do your job to the rules, this will be a milkrun. Of course, the occasional threats are...upsetting, but it's also true that the last two times I hadn't an adequate force to protect my guests. For example..." Martin rolled up his left arm shirt' sleeve, until he revealed...a scar. A precise cut that run over his elbow as if a blade had severed his arm off.
"Once, a pack of ferals attacked Babylon Gardens and the temporary shelter. To kill one of them, I had to make a...sacrifice. Such an experience is not to be repeated. I don't want to find out if humans have as many lives as cats."

Keith and Light nodded solemnly.

Jason cringed "Ouch... I will not ask what--or who-- was sacrificed...

Jayden blinked, "So... there's some danger here... looks like it won't be so boring after all."
Martin rolled down his sleeve. "Technically, I stuck my arm into a gigantic Rottweiler’s throat and crushed his windpipe...before the guy decided to bite my arm off. And yes, when troubles come, they seem to come in a lot. But don't worry, I have taken any possible measure to make sure you have the best back up in the fastest time. There are enough sensors outside the shelter to warn us of any imminent threat. All you'll have to do is to stand ready, and to train regularly. And keep all eyes and ears open. Furthermore, I want to make sure that every single human/k9 unit works at their finest. I won't allow less than an equal partnership, not some 'Me master, you thing', understood?"

"They're already on the police force, I assume they've got some understanding on how to work together as partners...allow me a question..." Keith started...

Before Keith started, Jayden put one of his paws slightly around his throat, and whimpered quietly. He nodded slowly. Jason was surprised, but at the same time slightly amused at Jayden's reaction. "We understand." Jason said.

"No offense, Lieutenant, but being in the police force doesn't imply an equal relationship. For example, in former East Germany, as in almost all of the former 'communist' countries under the USSR, police dogs were actually caged between missions. And some of these methods have survived the fall of the wall."

"...I'm aware, Chief." Keith replied. "That's just not usually how things work here in the States." He turned back to Jason and noticed Jayden had his paw around his throat... "Is, Jayden, okay?"

Jayden took his paw away from his throat, "Yes uh... what's your name I'm fine..." He shook his head again. Jason laughed, slightly. "I think the whole 'I crushed his windpipe' bit might have creeped him out a little."

Martin let out a laugh. "Worry not, Jayden: That is not my method for punishing the 'bad doggies' at work." Then his gaze turned back to 'business mode'. "But I can be quite severe, when it comes to duties. I showed you my...’trophy,’ because I want you two to know that if I can put my life on the line, I want you to do the same as well. Are we clear on that?"

They both nodded, and Jayden laughed nervously.

Martin stood up. "Keith will give you all the details regarding your first training session along with your future colleagues. I will be present as well for a pep talk. Please, be free to e-mail me for any further question, anytime. Jayden..." He extended his hand to the dog, showing who always came first in his consideration.

Keith and Light stood and walked to the door; ahead of everyone...we'll be waiting at the front desk, Jayden, Jason. Keith nodded to each of them respectively before exiting the room. Light stayed behind. For some reason he felt nervous leaving the Director of the shelter alone in a room with two strangers, even if they were former police officers.

Jayden hesitated at first, but then shook Martin's hand. He did his best to show a smile. Martin then shook Jason's hand. "Auf Wiedersehen, mein Herr. Gib mir das Stereotyp."

"Oh, C'mon" Light said rolling his eyes. "You can't mean to tell me you know every language, too. Just how much more of a Mary Sue can you be!" The wolf crossed his arms...clearly annoyed.

Jayden laughed out loud at Light's comment, and Jason smirked.
"By the way, you never told me your name." Jayden said, turning to look at Light

Martin turned to Light again showing that catlike smile. "Not 'every' language, Light. Just German and some Ukrainian when I used to commute between US and Ukraine to adopt Antares and Aldebaran. YA b skazav, shcho vono bulo toho varte. “

Oh, and by the way, Jayden, Jason, our friends' names..." he indicated first the wolf, then the human, "are Light Greyfield and Keith Greyfield."

The wolf offered the German Shepherd a paw. "Pleased to meet you."

Jayden took Light's paw and shook it "Du auch." He blinked, then facepawlmed. "Sorry, I mean Pleased to meet you too."

Martin pointed his gaze at the door. "Gentlemen, not to sound rude, but I have other interviews to do. Have a nice day and if you want something to eat, we have a cafeteria that serves, of course, both humans and pets."

Light held out an arm to escort them out of the room. "I'll take you there."

Jason nodded. "Sure, since we have no idea where everything is" Jayden waved to Martin "Auf Wiedersehen!"

-----

RP interview session…with Martin created by and his paragraphs written by Valerio.
…Keith and Light by Lightwolf21
…Jayden and Jason created and their paragraphs written by Private Elliot

>> Next Interview: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 25#p154625

-----
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also:
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

So that's all of the new characters taken care of...

What will happen next? I do not know.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

LCGSD Interviews

Reviewed by Tha Housedog

Chapter 5

Keith came back to the Conference room after giving Jason and Jayden the information they needed. Light had escorted them to the cafeteria. The ex-Marine sat beside Martin. "Don't overdo it, Sir. Were you planning on having all of the interviews today?"

Martin chuckled. "Heh. Keith, back when I was a penniless student, I used to do a month of night shifts at the cafeterias, living on coffee. This is a milkrun. Who is next?”

Keith sighed. "Alright...and I don't know where you came from, but here in the States...we call them cakewalks...for some reason..."

“Well, you should talk with the authors of "Dreadstar" a whole issue was titled like that. And it IS an American comic.” Martin replied

"Was it Marvel, cause I was more of a DC guy myself," Keith replied. "Sorry...anyway," The ex-Marine opened the file in front of him. "...Next, it looks like we have Rebecca S. Holmes and Kesha (Keh-sha)

"I have Light bringing something for us from the cafeteria, since it's almost lunchtime." Keith added, as he put away his phone...having just texted the wolf. "...and don't worry, he'll bring something for our next applicant as well."

"Thank you, Keith. Now, let the show begin."

A few minutes later, a woman and a German Shorthaired Pointer were introduced into the Director's room.

"Kesha, it's such a pleasure to see you. I confide you and Miss Holmes have had a nice chat before coming here, right? Please, have a seat, you two. Lieutenant, I'd like you to meet Kesha Holmes. Like Toro, she used to be a guest of this Shelter."

Keith stood and held out a hand to greet Kesha...from his experience he found it always best to make sure a pet or animal would be okay with petting them on the head, before actually doing so. "Nice to meet you, Kesha."

“The pleasure is mine, Lt. Greyfield. I understand you're going to be our superior officer?"

"Don't misunderstand, Kesha, I'm not very strict, but that doesn't mean when the moment calls for it, I won't accept less than the best from my fellow security members...seeing as how lives could be at stake." He said with a serious face. He smiled before offering his hand to Rebecca.

Rebecca shook the man's hand. "You'll have nothing less from me, Sir. I left Animal Control because they, at best would act without caring for the sake of the animals. At worst, they just thought they were dealing with...things. I want this job to do everything I could not do with AC.

"Martin," Keith said turning to the Director, "Did you want to explain to Rebecca that she has nothing to worry about in this department?" Keith knew how much Martin liked talking about his innovative alternative system to how Shelters normally operated.

Rebecca said, "I don't have to hear it from Mr. Foster, Lieutenant. Kesha already told me how this place works, since she lived in it, and can compare it to the old...shelter..." that last word came out like a drop of poison. "Mr. Foster, in fact, contacted ME because Kesha wanted a human partner to work with."

Martin nodded. "This time, you are the rockstar, Lieutenant. I know what I need to know already. I want to see what YOU think of our girls. Let's call it...a refreshing, alternative point of view."

Keith leaned back in his chair...they'd had several interviews and it seemed the majority had been female...not that he minded. "No previous military experience, loves animals, troublemaker of a dog, I'd say this is the plot of a movie..." he set down the file and crossed his arms, looking at the Woman and her dog.

Martin nodded. "Too tough a challenge, Lieutenant? I see potential in them, maybe I am wrong..?"

Keith smiled. "...I didn't mean it like that." he said to the woman and her dog, before turning to Martin. "I enjoy a good movie. The fact that they applied under these conditions seems to show..." he turned back to Rebecca and Keisha, "...you two have something to prove, and I have to respect that." Just then, Light knocked on the door.

"Come in," said Martin

Light opened the door and held it open with his footpaw while he picked up the trays from the ground. He walked over to the table and set the trays down. "Sorry, I'm late...hope this makes up for it." The wolf lifted the covers off the dishes.

Martin inhaled the aroma. "Lasagnas, steaks and Caesar's Salad for everyone. Nice choice, Light."

The wolf smiled smugly as he walked over to his seat beside Keith...

Kesha's mouth watered. Rebecca looked surprised. "You give this...food to pets too, here?"

Martin grabbed his plates. "I don't remember a strict existential rule about pets and canned food or kibble. They are given what we call 'pet food' out of an economical convenience.

Keith held out a hand toward the food, "Help yourself, please."

"Since I don't think pets should be treated as a voice in the budget, as long as they're here, my guests must eat what anyone eats." Martin continued, "So, miss Holmes, don't be surprised if you'll see some...unusual dishes served in the mess hall. Oh, and yes, pets and humans share that too. Am i right, Lieutenant?"

Keith nodded and took the remaining plate after Rebecca and Keisha had taken their plates. "Martin has spared no expense at making sure the guests at the Grove are comfortable and well cared for."

Rebecca looked at Kesha's plate. Of all the things...this was the last she had imagined. She believed that it was with little things like this, that you could tell the difference between a businessman and a man with a heart.

She decided that she would love this place and this job. "Lieutenant, Mr. Foster. Count me in, even if the pay was the lousiest."

Keith snickered.

Light held a paw to indicating Martin.

Martin told her the monthly income. "Plus medical and housing, in case you can't afford rent."

Rebecca's eyes widened. She almost let the plate fall out of her lap. She stared at Keith. "Is he for real?"

"Afraid so." Keith responded with a sarcastic smile.

"May I marry you?" asked Rebecca.

Martin chuckled. "I get that a lot. But I have already enough to do with my kids...of the furry variety, of course."

The next 15 minutes consisted of everyone eating their lunch. Light was glancing over at Kesha, but she didn’t seem to notice.

Keith checked his watch. "I guess that's all the time we have for this interview." He stood and reached a hand out to Rebecca first and then Kesha shaking their hands. "Please be looking forward to hearing from us, and I'll be interest to see if you can make it through the qualifying tests."

Rebecca and Kesha saluted as two perfect soldiers. "Will do, SIR!" they said in unison.

Keith chuckled as he walked to the door and held it open for them.

-----

RP interview session…with Martin, Rebecca and Kesha created by and their paragraphs written by Valerio. …Keith and Light created by and their paragraphs written by Lightwolf21

>> Next Interview: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 41#p154641
-----
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Very good! There are three paragraphs that need to be reformatted, but it's good! Yay for Kesha :D
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

LCGSD Interviews

Reviewed by Tha Housedog

Chapter 6

Martin looked at Keith. "Next applicant, Lieutenant?"

Keith opened the files in front of him. "It looks like a 'Keith' wanna-be," the Ex-Marine said to Martin.

"Not the only one, today..." mumbled the Shelter's Director. But of course, he wanted only the best, not some wannabe Callaghan...

"Hmm, interesting partner. Please, Lieutenant, show them in."

Daniel was sitting in a chair outside of the conference room. He had watched most of the other applicants walk in and out of the room, wondering when it would finally be his and Arietta's turn. Arietta, a Czech Wolf, was sitting in the chair next to Daniel's. He rubbed her head. It always calmed his nerves, and she liked it, so Arietta never told him to stop.

Light walked up to the pair, the strange breed before him, though, threw him for a loop. Despite being female, she was nearly the same size as he was, and had the near appearance of a wolf. The man beside her was wearing camouflage…jungle camo, for some reason. "Good afternoon, my name is Light." He held out a paw to Arietta.

Arietta looked at Light before shaking his hand, with a grin on her face. "Good afternoon!" she replied, immediately followed by Daniel. "Is it our turn, next?" asked the man...who was trying his hardest to conceal his impatience.

"If you'll follow me," Light said as he turned around and walked back to the conference room, holding the door open for the two applicants.

The two did as they were told and followed the wolf inside the door to the interviewing room. When they entered, it seemed very hot and stuffy...Daniel felt sympathy for his interviewers, who had been in there much longer than he had.

The first thing Martin noticed about this couple was the impatience. Impatience, and a strong self-confidence. He wondered if they were the kind of persons ready to work in a group...well, only one way to discover it. "Welcome, Arietta and Daniel Pearce. Please, stay where you are."

The two did as they were told.

Light continued past the two and took a seat next to Keith.

"Good." Martin stood up. "Now, gentlemen, I see that both of you led an...interesting life, to say the least. You were forged since your younghood, I take it?"

"Yes, sir. My father wanted for me to be as comfortable with weapons as possible, just in case anything were to happen." Daniel thought about going further, but decided to stop there.

Martin nodded. "I won't recap your curriculum, it's impressive enough...just out of curiosity, since my money should be invested into your persons...Why this shelter? What appeal can have a place like this for two like you? Special forces, private and public, would drool after you."

"Maybe so, sir, but I'm tired of the military. I served for ten years, and made quite a few enemies along the way. I adopted Arietta here a while back...and a year later, I got kicked out of my neighborhood because, even though Arietta here is only half wolf, she's still a wolf...and that made everyone fear her. When I heard that this area was Pet-Friendly, I had to come here. To be honest, sir, I love animals, and I want to do my best to make sure that they have a chance to live on. They need protection here just as much as anywhere else, sir."

Martin showed a knowing smile. "What about you, Arietta? Are you comfortable with this kind of job, or is it...just to follow his orders?" his gaze pointed briefly at the human.

Keith quietly laughed quietly to himself ...so similar...

Martin showed a knowing smile. "What about you, Arietta? Are you comfortable with this kind of job, or is it...just to follow his orders?" his gaze pointed briefly at the human.

"Yes." Arietta answered Martin, smiling. "I... have my own reasons...but I definitely want to do this, sir."

Martin went back to his desk. "Please, sit down, soldiers. I don't have much to add, safe for the fact that you will be working with quite a...motley crew. Each one of them has a military and/or field experience. People like you, devoted to the care of my guests. You'll discover that this is mostly a tranquil job, as there are a lot of security measures already set. I only ask for your complete loyalty, and the satisfaction is guaranteed. Do you have any special needs that I could take care of?"

"Nothing comes to mind, sir. You have our loyalty, sir." Daniel replied. Arietta nodded in agreement...she looked a little antsy. This was her first interview, after all, and the nervousness was starting to build.

Martin smiled reassuringly, in that way that never failed to be…contagious. "Arietta, please, don't be nervous. And call me Martin, as long as you're not on duty. The job is yours, provided you pass the selections on the field course Lieutenant Greyfield will give, but I am sure you'll do just fine."

"Yes, si-um... Martin..." Arietta replied, feeling a bit better but now a little frustrated for not catching herself faster.

"Selections, Martin? I'll prove myself to you...however way you would have me do so." The confidence welled up in Daniel. He put his hand on Arietta's shoulder to reassure her, and rubbed her head a bit, calming them both.

Martin gave her a scratch in the 'magic spot' behind her ears. "Nothing dangerous, don't worry. I just want to make sure your talents are tested the best way possible. I want the top." He noticed Keith looking impatient. "Lieutenant, you had to add something?"

Keith stood up from his chair and paced around the room.

"Fair enough,” replied Daniel. He had been training with Arietta recently, as well. Her size, even though she was relatively young, made her the perfect practice partner for him.

"If you want the top, you have it, er...Martin. Arietta again nodded in agreement.

Keith spoke to the two, "You can say you have loyalty to the shelter...but I'll need to see proof...during the training I'm going to push you two to your limits...then we'll see your true potential...if you stick with it."

Back to boot camp, thought Daniel. "Sounds like a challenge." he said, smirking.

Light stood as well, "Martin, Daniel, may I speak with Arietta real quick...with your permission of course," the wolf asked, turning toward the Wolf-dog.

Martin gestured with a light bow. "By all means do, King of the Forests."

Arietta giggled at Light's nickname.

Light blushed a little, the nick-name Martin used when teasing him about this sort of thing annoyed him...only slightly.

"Follow me, if you would please, Arietta." Light said as he walked out of the room, holding the door open for her.
"Okay," she replied, as she climbed out of her chair and followed Light.

Once outside the conference room, Light asked Arietta, "Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?"

Arietta smiled. "Of course not. Shoot."

Light was blushing. "You wouldn’t happen to have...relations...with...your master, would you?" he said the last part as a whisper.

Arietta blushed. "N-no! No way! Never!" she replied, heavily embarrassed.

Light breathed a sigh of relief. "O-okay...sorry if that was too much to ask...we can go back inside now..." the wolf rubbed the back of his neck. Idiot, she'll think you're some kind of freak, now.

"O-okay," she replied as she followed Light back into the interviewing room. She shuddered even thinking about the question she had just been asked.

Martin wondered why both the canines were blushing, and why Light looked really embarrassed, but decided not to push it. "Well, if you two are done, and if you have no further questions, talk with Lieutenant Greyfield for the selection on field." He held out his hand first to the canine, as usual, then to the human. "It's been a pleasure, and I surely hope we'll keep it going."

Arietta and Daniel shook Martin's hand in turn, and Daniel said, "Thank you for your time, Martin."
Daniel also wondered why Arietta was now redder than an apple. "What did you do that made Arietta blush like that?" He asked, very confused.

Arietta quickly answered, "Nothing!"

Keith looked at Light. He knew he wouldn't try anything, but he also wasn't sure what they'd talked about. Seeing Keith's confused face, Light just whispered, "I'll tell you later."

Seeing Light whisper something to Keith made Daniel even more suspicious, but he decided to drop it...it was pretty obvious that he wasn't going to get an answer. "Well, anyway...Martin, is that all of the questions you have for us?"

Martin shook his head. "No, nothing further… I'll be there at the field for a pep talk, and then it'll be up to you both to pass the selection. Good luck!" He saluted military-style, clicking his heels

Daniel saluted back in the same way, adding, "Ex-Special Forces Corporal Daniel Pearce, reporting for duty, sir!" as a joke. He laughed at his own joke, while Arietta seemed to still be preoccupied with the previous question. "When is the selection, if you don't mind me asking?"

Keith looked at the Czech Wolf "First day of qualifications is Monday. Next week, be here 0500 hours."

"You got it," replied Daniel. He seemed excited until he noticed that Arietta still hadn't perked back up to her usual self. "Ari, what's wrong?"

The Czech Wolf barely noticed the question. "Oh, uh...nothing...be here at 0500 hours. Right. Got it."
Daniel leaned over to whisper in her ear, "If you don't want to tell me now, will you talk about it with me later?"

"...Sure," she whispered back.

Light got up to do his usual escorting out of the room. He walked to the door and opened it for Daniel and Arietta.

"Looks like that's our cue to exit, Ari," Daniel said, petting Arietta on the head. "...Yeah..." she replied. They left through the open door

"Do you, um...know the way out?" Light asked Arietta.

"No...um, would you...show us?" She asked.

Light looked over at Keith and Martin.

Martin nodded. Keith waved the wolf on. Light wagged his tail slightly and walked beside the two on the way out.

Martin gave Keith a puzzled glance. "Should we expect pups soon..? … Not that I'd mind, of course."
Keith laughed. "I don't know...Light doesn't seem the right type for her...at least in my opinion.

---

Because of the open applications today, the main walkways of the shelter had become littered with signs that pointed the way for the applicants to reach the interviewing room. Light had told Daniel and Arietta to follow those signs backwards, and stayed with them to make sure they didn't get lost. Arietta still blushed, nervous that Light was walking with them...Daniel tried to pay no attention...it was her problem and if she was attracted to Light, he wasn't going to stop her.

Light didn't say anything to Arietta, he was still feeling bad about asking her the question earlier. As they were nearing the exit... "Mr. Pearce...?" Light began...

Daniel stopped. "Yes?"

The wolf didn't know how to proceed..."I need to get back to Keith and Mr. Foster...the exit's right here." Light turned back to Arietta, "It was nice meeting you Arietta," The white wolf said, holding out his paw.

The dog nervously shook his paw. "L-Likewise..." she responded.

"Take care," Daniel said. "And thanks for showing us out."

"No problem," Light replied as he walked back to the conference room. Keep it professional Light...don't want things to get in the way of work...

Light came back to the conference room and found Keith and Light waiting for him. He nervously closed the door behind him.

Martin crossed his arms to his chest and, raised an eyebrow quizzically. "Light...Exactly WHAT happened between you and that gorgeous lady?"

"N-nothing..." Light replied defensively.

"C'mon, you never reacted like that since I've known you. You know discretion is my forte."

Keith looked at the wolf with curiosity, as well.

Light looked back at Martin and Keith… "...it's just that...that one interview with Natasha and Diego made me uncomfortable...I was just preparing myself in case of any more...surprises..." Light was blushing slightly. "...I asked her if she had that sort of relationship with...Mr. Pearce."

Martin was true to his word. He managed not to burst out laughing. But he kept chuckling like a madman as he went back to his desk. His grin could've been copied from the Joker's! "Please...hehehe...wait a minute or two...make it...hihihi...five, before the...next..."

-----

RP interview session…with Martin created by and his paragraphs written by Valerio.
…Keith and Light created by and their paragraphs written by Lightwolf21
…Daniel and Arietta created by and their paragraphs written by Tha Housedog

>> Next Interview: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 95#p154695

-----
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Poor Light! Hehe, he just should know better... :mrgreen:
C'mon, big boy, there's more than one available ;)
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

valerio wrote:Poor Light! Hehe, he just should know better... :mrgreen:
C'mon, big boy, there's more than one available ;)
Yeah, my NEXT pair >.>
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

LCGSD Interviews

Reviewed by Valerio

Chapter 7

“Light," said Martin to the still embarrassed wolf. "Care to introduce our next applicant, or...want Keith to do the honors?"

Light picked up the files in front of Keith, looking at the ex-Marine to make sure he'd be okay with it. He read the next file: Battista Moretti, Italian, French Foreign Legion.

Keith frowned, sometimes the FFL was a crapshoot…people that had a hard life that needed to disappear and abandon their past.

"MOST interesting, Lieutenant," said Martin, with sincere enthusiasm. "When it comes to creativity, Italians are second to no one. And an FFL at that, it means he is not a weakling begging for some favor from the heavens, but a hardened man. Send him in at once."

Light nodded as he got up and went to check outside the room. He didn't see anyone. King was walking by. "King?" The white wolf shouted, making the Corgi jump a little.

"Yeah, what do you want?" King asked.

"Was there someone sitting here?"

"Yeah, he went out front, though."

"Thanks," Light said, as he walked past the Corgi to head outside.

King shook his head as he continued on his way.

Light found Battista in front of the building smoking. At least he's smoking outside, he thought to himself. "Battista Moretti?" Light called out. The man turned around.

The thin man had a scar on his face over his left eye. He was smoking and wore a long black coat that looked too warm for the weather. His slicked back dark gray hair made him look like a well groomed villain. His gaunt face sported a five o'clock shadow. His hazel eyes looked over at the wolf as he took the cigarette out of his mouth and placed it in a small metal tube and stuck it in his coat pocket. "Yes?" he replied with a thick Roman accent.

The white wolf was startled at how much he looked like a Bond villain. The picture doesn't do him justice. "We're ready for you now." Light disappeared back inside while the man was walking to the front door. He whistled and a Maremma Sheepdog came bounding around the corner of the building to join the man as he walked inside.

"Ah, Callisto, Signor Moretti. You do me a great honor. Please, come in and make yourselves comfortable. So, what brings a former FFL and such a beautiful creature into my humble domain?"

Battista scooted two chairs back away from the table. "grazie, signor Foster" he patted on the chair to his left while Callisto sat down and he took the other chair. "Do you mind if I put my feet up, my..." he looked up as if trying to remember the American saying. "...dogs are, barking?" he sat in the chair, and, while looking at his dog, straightened the fur on him by petting it, several times. "Callisto," he whispered, "you can say hello to Signor Foster." The dog leapt out of the chair and knocked Martin to the ground, licking his face aggressively, while Battista put his feet up on the table. Keith and Light jumped in to assist Martin, thinking the dog was attacking him...

Martin quickly gestured them to stop at once, while he was chuckling. "Actually, Signor Moretti," he said, ruffling the big dog's headfur, then giving him a kiss on the bridge on his nose, "it's all right. My boys just do this to me every given morning. I won't wake up before a good ol' pack attack."

Callisto, his work complete walked back around the table, quite pleased with himself and took a seat back next to Battista. "Hello, Mr. Foster." He didn't have any hint of an accent and instead sounded quite American to the ear.

Battista ruffled Callisto's headfur, smiling. "I apologize Signor Martin, I'm afraid Callisto has only two settings, on and off and doesn't have much sense of 'in-between'."

Keith and Light sat back down. If the dog had really been attacking Martin, they worried if they could have gotten to him in time.

Martin, his eyes shifting from time to time to his 'bodyguards', said, "If there is one thing I can pride myself of, Signor Moretti, is that I can tell if an animal is a threat to me or not. I knew Callisto was a good guy the moment I saw him, and that his 'attack' was just like the ones, as I said, my boys do with me every morning. But please, tell me, how come you chose my place for your job? Surely you must have had other offers. You have really a lot of experience on the field."

Battista waved his hand in front of his face, "no-no..." and took his feet off the table, sitting in the chair normally. "...I don't accept job offers. I've never really had much use for money -"
"I get everything paid for by my sponsors..." Callisto interrupted still panting from the 'attack' against Martin.

*cough* "Uh, yes...Callisto is a um...show dog...I hope that doesn't disqualify us...I have given him some training myself...and he could hold his own in a fight."

Martin nodded. "Hm-m, I see. So you are a stallion as well? I can't say I am fond of that practice, and this is a job for fighters, for guards. Callisto, are you up to it? The only 'show' you'll be putting on, if you accept, will involve the use of force, even lethal."

Callisto looked over at Battista and back to Martin. "If my master commands it, it will happen," the dog said with confidence.

Martin tried not to think much to that attitude *sigh* he couldn't change the world about that master/owner thing... "Very good. Signor Moretti, allow me a blunt question?"

"Of course, Signor Foster..."

"Someone harms your dog or one of my guests. Your reaction toward the responsible?"

"Someone as unreasonable as that..? Who would harm such magnificent creatures..." he looked annoyed, as if the world was a terrible place. "...I assume this has happened before at this shelter? What other basis would such a question have? I have read about this place...the new shelter is a haven. How could something like that happen?"

Martin showed his scar and recapped the story of how he got it. "...plus, Lieutenant Greyfield and Light were attacked by a sniper who had a...let's call it, suspended matter with them. Also, I am pretty sure the Russian Mafia is bound to exact vengeance for taking over their business back when they ran the old shelter and kept the animals on the verge of starvation. All in all, I'd say this job has its...interesting aspects for a man of action such as you, Signor Moretti.

Moretti laughed. "The Russian mafia...bunch of pushovers." He leaned forward. "You see this scar?" he asked as he outlined the scar over his left eye, with his finger. "If Callisto hadn't been there, the blade that caused it would have killed me..." He smiled with a crazed look in his eyes. "No, I don't think we'll have a problem with this." Callisto nodded curtly in agreement.

Martin smiled. "Excellent, then. I needed a creative mind in my team, Signor Moretti, Callisto. You will be tested in a severe selection on the field, to test your full potential. Lieutenant Greyfield will brief you." He extended his hand. "Please come back soon. Arrivederci."

Callisto sniffed and licked, Martin's hand before shaking it. Battista shook it without hesitation afterward. "Thank you, Mr. Foster, we won't let you down."

"I count on it."

-----

…Keith Light, Battista, and Callisto created by and their paragraphs written by Lightwolf21

>> Next Interview: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 40#p154740
-----
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Someone Italian this way cometh... :mrgreen:
Callisto is awesome!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

LCGSD Interviews

Reviewed by Valerio

Chapter 8

"Sasha Alexander and Arianna Gonsalvez..." Martin lifted his gaze from the file and moved it to the couple sitting before him. Sure thing, his last applicants were no less interesting than their predecessors... "What are your motivations for coming here to seek a job?"

"Well, to be honest, Mr. Martin...we've done this before..." answered Arianna. "We used to be on guard duty for a local politician before we quit," Sasha replied, finishing Arianna's sentence.

"Hmm, yes, it's written here...But it doesn't justify your choice for such a...change in your career. Allow me to be blunt, Ms. Gonsalvez: corrupted politicians and criminal cartels pay...a lot." Of course that was an intended provocation, but Martin valued sincerity over manners, sometimes. Let's see how dedicated you are, my dear...

"It was originally, for the money, yes...but after I saw just how...corrupt...those politicos were, and how far their enemigos would go to hurt anyone attached to them...I couldn't bear to let Sasha stay exposed to that. So I quit, and I took her with me here."

Sasha cut in. "I couldn't stand that Arianna had taken me away from this...I liked it, and I knew she was trying to do what was best for me...but I couldn't just leave this...I like it too much. So I convinced her to give this another try. I'd heard so many good things about this place, and we've done our research on you, as well, Martin Foster. From what my sources reveal, you seem to always put the animals first. And we want to do the same."

Keith and Light looked at the two sitting across from them. They liked their moxy. "Protecting drug lords and corrupted politicians is a bit more difficult than the work you'll find here." Keith leaned back in his chair, while Light continued.

"Many of the residents at this shelter don't have 'enemies' in the same sense as what you may be used to."

Keith leaned forward again, resting his arms on the table. "...but if[ the need arises, the type of services you provide, could be valuable."

"Esta bien. This is a good...compromise. The job lets Sasha run out her energies and it is safer than the last one...I trust you are not a corrupted politician?" Arianna joked.

Keith and Light smiled, looking over at Martin, ready for his usual spiel.

Martin, as if on cue, showed that cat-like smile. "Oh, I prefer to retain my integrity and to *corrupt* politicians, if needed. But I am a good boy, at heart. Honestly."

"You are serious? Then I will have to teach you the tricks of the trade sometime. Politicos always are motivated by the money." Arianna answered back.

"I would be very glad to learn them, Ms. Gonsalvez. Now, regarding this dear creature, Sasha...If you had to choose between your life and yours..." he put a hand in a drawer and pulled out a gun...which he pointed at them "Like now? What would be your choice?" there was no amusement in his voice or in his eyes.

Arianna immediately used her training in MMA to wrestle the gun from Martin's hand and pointed it back at him.

Keith and Light immediately stood between Martin and Arianna. They had a feeling she wasn't a cold blooded murder, but they'd reacted just the same.

"I would do that” she replied, indicating the swift action she’d taken. “...But if it came to it, I would gladly give my life for Sasha."

Without noticing Keith and Light stand, Arietta grabbed the gun by the barrel and turned it over, the grip of the gun pointed toward Martin. She set the gun down on the table.

Martin, strangely, looked...very pleased. He was grinning as if he won grand prize. "Exactly the kind of reaction I hoped, both for the heart you put in it and the method you used. I dearly hope you two will pass the final selections, come Monday. Very well played, Ms. Gonsalvez."

"Gracias, Señor Foster. I hope that we are what you are looking for," Arietta replied, as she motioned Sasha to follow her out the door. Sasha did so. As they left, they both responded with "Adios!"

While Light escorted Arianna and Sasha out of the room and followed them to the exit of the building, Keith stayed behind and spoke to Martin. "Sir, a word..."

"Yes, my friend."

"Was that gun loaded?"

The Cheshire smile again. "My weapons *always* are. Safety first, Lieutenant."

Keith punched Martin across the face. "Next time...let me know before you pull a stunt like that. An unloaded weapon would have made your point just as well."

Martin rubbed his left cheek. "Woo, I guess I had this coming. Heh, you see, Lieutenant, that was a test for both of them...and you two. Had the situation been an *actual* life-and-death one, I would've already been shot..." Martin then opened his shirt -enough to reveal the bulletproof vest under it. "...Though I like to keep my options open. But you had lowered your guard, and it's not a thing you do, when mercenaries are our applicants. One of them *could* have been sent by the Russian Mafia, right?"

Keith wasn't buying it... "What about Light?" Keith asked. "...what if they'd have shot him..." the ex-marine was noticeably annoyed. "…and that vest wouldn't have protected you against a bullet to the head...I appreciate the being prepared part, but not letting me know about this sort of thing...I'd think you didn't trust me...like nearly everyone else I've worked for."

Martin stood up, his palms over the desk, staring directly at both of them. "If I didn't trust you, Lieutenant, you wouldn't be here in the first place, try to remember that. Second, you. Had. Lowered. Your. Guard. Don’t let it happen again. Third, I was conscious of the risk. Fourth, to protect me, you too must be ready to forfeit something, or this is not your job. Anything else you need to know?"

The ex-marine calmed down after venting...he wasn't usually like this...maybe it was the pressure of interviewing so many applicants in one day... "Just promise me, Martin, you'll keep me in the loop about this sort of thing from now on...please."

“Oh, not a problem with that..." Martin winked. "After all, that WAS the last one, right?" Then he patted on the man's shoulder. "Lunch? I'll buy. Yes, I know it's a little past that, but we need to get back some extra energy after all these emotions, hm?" He nudged the man. "Come on, you can talk to Uncle Marty: You enjoyed it, hmm? We need to try it again, but in a more...friendly context. Say, like Rocky and Apollo, at the end of the second movie."

Keith shook his head, knowing he couldn't change the way Martin was...even if it was somewhat loose-cannonish. "Alright, Martin,” he replied as he rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Cool!" Martin wrapped his arm around Keith's shoulders. "Sorry for scaring you like that, Keith. Is there anything I could do to amend? Something like, helping your boy to find a nice girl..." and saying so, he led him through the door.

---

After Light had escorted the feisty Hondurans outside the building he headed back toward the conference room, thankful the interviews were over. He must have been exhausted from the long day, because he wasn’t watching where he was going. “Whoa!” He nearly ran into a somewhat shorter dog with its nose in a book as the wolf tried to spin out of its way. “EEEK!” In doing so, Light managed to avoid running into the dog but startled her enough to have her end up on the ground along with her book…and the wolf; Light had spun too quickly and lost his balance.

The dog had fallen on her butt and she rubbed it as if was sore. “My book,” the dog cried out, turning her head away from Light, frantically searching for it.

Oh, great, Light thought to himself, as he quickly got up and rushed over to help the dog. He picked up the book from beside him and handed it out to her. “Here, you dropped this,” the wolf said, gruffly. Light was looking more closely at his ‘assailant.’ She was about a foot shorter than he was, with the muzzle, ears and facial structure of a husky…but the body and tail appeared Pomeranian-like. Her fur color was a light taupe, with a reddish cream coloring on her muzzle and extending along her underside.

The dog turned suddenly, as Light held the book out toward her. “My book…thank…you…” she slowed down as she said the last two words and noticed the wolf holding her book. Her first instinct was fear at seeing a wolf…a wild animal. But at the same time, she was breathless…as what she saw before her, was the most beautiful creature she’d ever seen.

After she’d turned toward him, Light could see nothing but her eyes…they were the most unusual shade of purple he’d ever seen, almost lavender, and he couldn’t look away…he was, quite literally, lost in her eyes. “I’m, Light.” The wolf said, unblinking.

This snapped the smaller dog out of it and she noticed she must have been blushing, because the wolf was looking at her face strangely. She turned quickly and scampered away.

Light tried to hold out a paw to stop her but he was still mesmerized by her eyes and couldn’t.

---

The taupe-colored dog ran all the way back to her room, her head down…stupid…why didn’t you stay… She was too afraid of making a fool of herself…being the shy dog she was. She opened the door to her room and shut it, falling back against it while clutching the book to her chest. “Light,” she said softly, repeating the name of the white wolf. She tapped her collar tag in the shape of an open book lightly with her claw.

---

Light wasn’t quite sure what had happened. He stood up in a daze and continued back toward the conference room…the image of those eyes, those beautiful eyes, burned into his mind. He had to find out who this dog was…he figured he’d see her eventually while working at the shelter. He walked back to the conference room, smiling.

-----

…Keith, Light, and 'Mystery female dog' created by and their paragraphs written by Lightwolf21
…Sasha Alexander and Arianna Gonsalvez created by and their paragraphs written by Tha Housedog

>> Next Monday 0600 Hours: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 41#p154941

-----
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hehe, cute and cuddly ALWAYS win over the strong & cunning. :mrgreen:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Interesting. That makes three awkward situations in eight interviews.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

< Private Elliot chuckles >
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

LCGSD Qualification/Training
Written by Valerio; translated by Lightwolf21 using Google Translate; reviewed and edited by Tha Housedog
To see Introductions of Characters, go here: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 36#p154236

The TraC [that is for Training Camp, AN], 0600 hours

"Trainees, good morning!"

Autumn was now taking root. There was a damp cold that chilled to the bone. Sunlight was but a mere a hope. Spotlights illuminated the shooting range and training camp with pitiless stars.

Martin Foster seemed more martial of soldiers in khaki uniform and the wolf at his side, whose fur had been transformed, covered in camouflage paint, a testament to his ability as a sniper’s spotter. Behind them, four others were at rest martial on hold.

Martin Foster walked back and forth, reviewing the eight human beings and their future canine partners rigidly aligned in pairs. The four men and their canine partners at their side in one row:

Joshua Mongrove (American) with his canine partner Toro the Great Dane; Jason Kreuger (German) with his canine partner Jayden, a German Shepherd; Daniel Pearce (UK) and his Czech Wolf, Arietta; Battista Moretti (Italian) and his Maremma Sheepdog, Callisto.

The four women beside them, in order, were aligned in a second row with their canine partners at their side:

Cherie Nguyen (Vietnamese) and Spring her Pitbull/Dalmation Mix; Natasha Alekseeva (Russian) and Diego, a Siberian Husky from Spain; Rebecca Holmes (American) and her German Shorhaired Pointer, Kesha ; and finally Arianna Gonsalvez (Honduran) and her Alaskan Malamute partner, Sasha Alexander.

All of the humans on the security force wore the light blue uniforms of the Grove, with the badge showing the logo clearly visible on the back and front of the bulletproof vest. The dogs were wearing the same type of Kevlar and a pair of glasses held high over his head for hours.

"You are the first representatives of what will be the body of the security detail for The Lucky Charm Grove for the Abandoned and the Ferals. Upon completion of this course, you will replace the temporary untrained security guards. I will not accept any less...so I have hired the gentlemen you see before you to whip you into the perfect defensive force.

"Of course you know your security chief, Lieutenant Keith Greyfield of the Marine Corps of the United States of America, and his partner, Light. They will teach you to use your weapons in the best way possible. You will sweat blood learning how to run like Usain Bolt to catch your enemies, and...they will teach you how best to utilize your human/canine partnerships…to become one body, one heart, one mind, even in the most dire of situations.”

"You were given the opportunity to choose one another. You have listened to your instincts, and you now have to prove them correct, or leave this course…and not be admitted into this unequalled Human/Canine Unit." Martin then pointed to three other people, from a thin man, with a shaved head, wearing only a pair of black pants. Even so, it was clear that his muscles were talking about the power of a panther lurking.

Robert Alan Rockwell. If he looks like a parody of a Kungfu movie, that’s because he is a Shaolin master. He will ensure that you are as dangerous without a firearm as you are with. I guarantee he will not be as forgiving as Lieutenant Greyfield." Martin then introduced a man dressed in a white coat and white trousers. "This is Dr. Oliver Ford…graduated with honors in comparative anatomy and human and animal surgery at the University of London. Of all your teachers, he is God: his lessons will depend on your ability to save the life of your partner or colleague or a visitor, where and if the need arises. God forbid."

The third instructor was a well dressed in a khaki uniform with hat. "Victor Riley. Pilot. He will teach you skills to drive the vehicles of the shelter so that you could outrun a Formula 1 racecar with a snowmobile."

Finally, the owner pointed to a square-jawed, yet well-dressed man in black with his black hair slicked back, with a briefcase in hand. He seemed decidedly out of place in these introductions.

Martin was very serious in saying, "Theodore Roosevelt, of the law firm of Roosevelt, Roosevelt & Roosevelt. He's a criminal lawyer…and your secret weapon. With his lessons, you will always know how to deal with the law in all circumstances related to your work. So when some hysterical coward cries 'cause they do', you can break a leg in front of eight witnesses and come out clean as roses." This got a general laugh from those present.

"Trainees," concluded Martin Foster. "The Charm is not a company. It's a home for the innocents that have been mistreated by the world. It's their best hope for a peaceful life with a caring family. To protect them, I will do everything I can within the law and I expect the same commitment from you. I repeat…those who think they cannot follow these instructions, leave now, or follow them through to the end."

Human and animal reciprocated with fair firmness in their eyes. Martin nodded, and stepped aside. "I leave you in the hands of your teachers." Then with the expression of hyena, he added a curious phrase. “God help you."

-----

Character credits:

Keith and Light © Lightwolf21
Martin © Valerio

01 – Cherie Nguyen (Vietnamese) – Spring (Pitbull/Dalmation Mix) – Characters © Lightwolf21, Cherie is named after my friend
02 – Natasha Alekseeva (Russian) – Diego (Siberian Husky from Spain) © Lightwolf21
03 – Joshua Mongrove (American) – Toro (Great Dane) – © Lightwolf21 and Valerio, respectively
04 – Rebecca Holmes (American) – Kesha (German Shorthaired Pointer) – © Valerio
05 – Jason Kreuger (German) – Jayden (German Shepherd) – © Private Elliot
06 – Daniel Pearce (UK) – Arietta Pearce (Czech Wolf) – © Tha Housedog
07 – Battista Moretti (Italian)– Callisto (Maremma Sheepdog) – © Lightwolf21
08 – Arianna Gonsalvez (Honduran) – Sasha Alexander (Alaskan Malamute) – © Tha Housedog

End of Lucky Charm Grove Security Detail (LCGSD) Team Introduction Arc

----------

>> Detailed Anatomy of a LCGSD Unit: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 12#p162712
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Also:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Nice series of events. I can't wait to see how the training goes.

Light in love. Nice :lol:
My characters