Houspets: PoP - vol. 1 thru 3 (PG-13)

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Private Elliot

Re: Housepets: Projectiles of Protection

Post by Private Elliot »

lightwolf21 wrote:
Private Elliot wrote:If Google translator could translate grammar better, then maybe. Because half the time it looks like some little kid make it into English, but moved all of the words around so they dont make any sense.
Yeah, I know. :( But in my opinion Valerio's stories are so good it's worth it. I'm currently trying to translate them using Google Translator, but it's slow going.

P.S. At first, I wasn't too sure about your avatar, Elliot (even though I made it). But it's grown on me; I don't think I would change anything about it. (The word d'awwww, comes to mind.)
I'll admit that it wasn't really what i wanted, but i didnt want to hurt your feelings, so i am using it... but it have grown on me, and i like it alot more now really.
But if you want to edit it so his collar has the private rank logo on it, that'll be cool.
Image Something like that, even though i think that's a PFC (Private First Class)
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Consider it done, my golden retriever friend. :D
Well...not done right now. -_-; But it will be eventually. :D
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

lightwolf21 wrote:Consider it done, my golden retriever friend. :D
Well...not done right now. -_-; But it will be eventually. :D
Thanks, you're awesome.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I'll make sure to give it a good description in the series :D
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

valerio wrote:I'll make sure to give it a good description in the series :D
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Here it is, the much anticipated next segment.

----------

Chapter 4 (Part 2)

Alandra looked from Antonio to Hector and back to Antonio, her glare subsiding and being replaced with a smile and eyes glistening over. “<Yippee!>” she exclaimed, jumping in the air and stumbling as she came down, coughing. Luckily Hector and Antonio were able to help her in time, and they brought her back to her bed. Antonio stayed with her while she read to him from the book, and Hector went back to the kitchen.

---

The sun was low in the sky when Keith had returned to their camp, and found Light leaning against a tree, balancing a knife by its tip on his claw. As he approached, Light flipped the knife around catching it on the grip and got in a knife fighting stance facing him. But when he saw it was Keith he sheathed the knife. “You should radio in more,” Light said walking towards the ATV and taking a seat on one of the chairs beside it.
Keith took off the baseball cap and ran his fingers through his hair, pulling it back before replacing the cap. “Light … how much money did you give the cat?” He knew Light had a soft spot for strays, and was worried he’d given too much.
“1.8 million,” Light responded casually.
Keith sat in the other chair near an ice chest. His face was in his hands. Wait, we didn’t have that much money with us. He looked at Keith with a puzzled look.
“Ohhhh,” Light said with a sarcastic smile, “you wanted that in US dollars; in that case $1000.”
“Light…” Keith was mad, but not beyond reason. “Were you at least able to get the tracking devices planted?”
“Yes he was.” Light replied defensively. “…the kid was good, Keith. I felt … he deserved a bit extra.”
Keith took out his Smartphone and waved it in front of Light smiling, “Well I have the coordinates of their next meeting. “You know what that means.”
“Mission briefing?” Light responded smiling and wagging his tail. Ordinarily soldiers would find this part boring, despite it being the safest and most important part of a military operation, but Keith tended to put his own spin on things.
“*Phht.* No. It means celebration.”
Light looked disappointed.
“Ok, well I suppose we can do both.” Keith got out a bottle of Moose Drool and tossed an Orange Soda to Light. “So…Light?” Keith asked, opening the bottle of beer. “What’s the next step? You’ve been with me a while, so tell me what you’ve learned.”
Light looked at Keith with surprise. He was used to him calling the shots, and now it was his turn?
He cleared his throat while opening the can of soda. He took a big gulp of the drink. “Well I suppose … we should check out those coordinates you mentioned. Get a feel for the area, making sure we don’t box ourselves in … in case of a hasty retreat.” Soon he started feeling a little light headed. “What is it about this orange soda, huh?” He asked Keith, while staring at the can.
Keith just shook his head slowly, smiling. “Please continue Light, you’re doing fine.”
“Well, when is this going down? When’s it happening? That’s going to affect the whole mission isn’t it?
“It’s two days away.” Keith answered. “…Wednesday morning 2:30 am, so we have tonight and all day tomorrow.”
“That doesn’t give us a lot of time.” Light said, taking another gulp of the soda. He was deep in thought.
He walked over to the area of the camp where they had their equipment and began laying it out.
They had with them 200 feet of trip wire, six fragmentation grenades, four flash bangs, 4 smoke grenades, a CheyTac M-200 Intervention with full accessory compliment, Light’s laser range finder binoculars, a nine millimeter, several spare clips for each weapon, a laptop, four Sony walkman cassette tape recorders, several days worth of food and water, two ghillie suits (one, Light’s size), camouflage face paint, several camo spray-paint cans, and a can of silly string. Light finished off the soda and set the can down as well, along with the sheathed knife. He scratched the back of his head.
Keith had moved the chair over near where Light was laying out the items and was sitting in reverse with his arms resting on the back of the chair. He drank some more of his beer, while watching Light. “You know,” he started, “we’ll be getting something in later this evening.”
Light looked over his shoulder at Keith, “What is it?”
Keith raised his eyebrows a couple of times, smiling. “A Barrett.”
The Barrett anti-materiel sniper rifle!” Light exclaimed. “That Barrett?!”
“No no no,” Keith said shaking his head and wagging his finger. “Not just any Barrett; The M82A1A, with Raufoss Mk 211 Mod 0 .50 caliber rounds. That Barrett.”
“What are going to do with that thing?! Blow up a car!?” Light asked loudly, a little annoyed.
“Maybe,” Keith responded, smiling, “but not right now. Just add it to the list of items we have, and continue planning. I’ll be interested to see what use you can come up with for it.”
“Okay, okay.” Light was rubbing his temples and pacing in front of the equipment.
“Tick tock, we’re on the clock,” Keith reminded Light.
Light snapped his digit pads and turned to Keith. He was smiling. “I think I’ve got everything figured out.” He said.
Light explained his plans in detail to Keith while Keith listened and asked questions about things that he thought Light hadn’t planned for. Light was able to answer the questions relatively easily, though, once they were brought to his attention. Keith nodded in agreement once everything was planned. It had taken nearly 45 minutes for everything to be explained, and another 30 to plan for possible problems that would arise. The sun was now setting, and they would need to begin putting the plan in motion.

---

Light was approaching the drop area’s coordinates with his front and tail freshly painted, and his back was covered with a ghillie suit, resembling the heavy foliage of the Colombian forests. He stopped and sniffed the air while scanning areas in front of him for anything that seemed out of place. He was traveling slowly, but he knew it was better to be safe than sorry. He saw Keith travelling at a slightly slower pace about 100 yards to his right. There’s no way he could have seen him unless he knew he was there. Keith was a master of the art of camouflage, and Light was years behind him in learning it. Luckily, Keith was there to prepare his camo for him, most of the time.
Leaning against a tree, Keith placed himself out of sight of drop zone area. He looked at his Smartphone, hiding it inside the ghillie suit. Only an amateur would be caught looking at a map or phone that could be seen by someone. He began to worry. They were only 400 yards away from the coordinates and the buildings were clearly visible, yet they hadn’t come across a single trip wire or similar trap. It seemed almost too easy. He looked up and saw Light 40 yards ahead of him crawling forward and looking back at him. Keith and Light had opted to use hand signals in place of the radio for the recon mission; they wanted to reserve the batteries for the actual mission. He carried his fist to his shoulder, and moved his fist to the front, moving the fist upward vertically.
Light stopped. Keith raised his arm fully and then held up 4 fingers, indicating the range to the buildings. Light nodded, and faced forward, towards the buildings. He sniffed the air trying to pick up the scent of humans and listened for the sounds of a human. He definitely smelled human, but the scent didn’t seem fresh. He checked the ground to see if rain had fallen recently and washed away the scents. He heard several voices talking a couple miles past the buildings, but it wasn’t anything a human would be talking about, must be some ferals. He made an okay signal with his thumb and forefinger, and waited for Keith’s signal. Keith put his finger in the air, pointing upward, and moved it in a small circle several times. Light made his way over to him, keeping low and moving slowly. “This is a terrible idea,” Light whispered, once he’d arrived at Keith’s side. “Along the way, I’ve been talking to the ferals, warning them not to be in the area tomorrow night … and they said they don’t come near here because they’re afraid of the men with guns. Oh, one more thing, you’re going to love this,” he said sarcastically, “… they told me there is a full moon tomorrow night.”
Keith nodded. At least they wouldn’t have to worry about ferals getting hurt in crossfire. As it was right now, the moon was almost completely full, and by the light, they could see almost as well as if it were day…and that meant, so could the enemy. “Hey, it’s your plan, right?” Light looked at Keith, a little annoyed. “Don’t worry about it, if you plan enough, any op can work no matter what the conditions. Besides, we don’t have a choice. This guy doesn’t show himself much and we’re running out of time on our mission. This is pretty much our last chance…but hey, no pressure, huh?” He patted Light on the shoulder.
Light took out a can of silly string and while still looking at Keith shot a bit out 15 feet towards the buildings. Keith watched a point of the string suspend in air about 10 feet in front of them. “I saw a few of these 40 yards ahead of your progression,” Light said smiling. “I was able to keep ahead of you while watching for and avoiding trip wires. What’s wrong, Keith? Getting a little slow in your old age?”
Keith faked a dejected look. “That was uncalled for.”
Light rolled his eyes, “Anyway, all the lines I’ve come across were connected to frag grenade pins. Apparently these guys don’t care what happens to any ferals that might come through here. I get the feeling this is another reason they avoid this area. They’ve probably seen their friends or family members get killed by them,” he said in a growl. An angry bitterness was showing on his face, as if he was starting to become the feral he once was.
Keith started scratching Light behind the ear, and he immediately calmed down.
“Sorry,” Light said, snapping out of it.
“Remember Light…” Keith said, becoming serious. “…in our line of work we can’t let our emotions get the best of us. It’ll get you or your partner killed … which would be a bad thing for me.”
Light nodded.
Suddenly an owl landed quietly above them. It didn’t seem to have noticed them due to the camouflage. “Hey owl?” Light whispered.
The owl rotated it’s head slowly in several directions, looking for the source of the noise. “Whoooo?”
“Oh, c’mon that’s such an old joke,” Light said, still whispering.
Keith kept perfectly still and didn’t say anything, worried that hearing too many voices might make the owl seem nervous.
Light waved to the owl with a slow, steady motion and the owl looked down.
“Jeez, what are you?” indicating the strange looking creature below him.
“I’m a wolf, but that’s not important right now.” Light responded. “Have you ever been to the buildings over there?” he asked, pointing towards the buildings in the distance.
The owl scoffed. “Do they teach manners where you come from? One does not simply ask another, questions without first introducing themselves.”
“But you just –“
*ahem* “I am Bartholomew Preston III,” The owl said with a deep bow. He looked at the wolf quizzically. “And you are?”
“I am Light … just Light.” Light said, a little embarrassed at the simplicity of his name. “So, can you tell me, have you been to the buildings?”
“I have good sir Light, and I must say I do not dare go there when humans are about.”
Keith laughed quietly to himself. This bird seemed a bit cuckoo, for believing it to be a different time period, with the way he spoke.
“I notice it’s a bit quiet tonight in the woods around here. Are there humans there tonight?”
“Hmph. If there were, do you think I would be here?”
Light shook his head. “I mean, is it always this quiet in the area? I can’t hear much of the ambient speech of ferals, which forests usually contain.” He said, trying to impress the owl.
“You have a thorough vocabulary,” the owl said in a dignified voice. “Ever since the humans with guns came around, they won’t get within two furlongs of that place.”
“Thank you, Bartholomew.” Light said with a bow.
“You are welcome, I suppose.” The owl took off without a sound, no doubt, in search of supper.
“You certainly have a way with ferals.” Keith said.
“Yeah, now if only I could deal with humans,” Light said, smiling. He got out his range finders and began noting distances to landmarks located around the buildings.
“Well, it looks like we will be able to pull this off without harming any innocents.” Keith said reassuringly. “What could possibly go wrong?”

---

Hector and his family, including the newest member, had finished dinner and the two cats had gone back to reading the book together, while the homeowner had found the coordinates on a map of the area he had. He circled the area and put the map in his pocket. He had a plan to sneak into the area and steal whatever he would have an opportunity to, either drugs or the money the clients were going to use to purchase them. He wouldn’t let Alandra go without a fight. He was planning to check the area the next day, as it was getting late and he didn’t want to worry his cats, especially Alandra, by going out so late at night. He walked into the living room. “<OK you two, it’s time for bed.>” he said, smiling.
“<Aww, dad. Can’t we stay up a little longer?>” Alandra pleaded, just before Antonio yawned.
“I need sleep.” Antonio replied.
They didn’t need to understand English to know what he meant. Alandra stayed in her bed while Antonio wearily walked across the room to a chair. He jumped up, plopped down, and fell asleep nearly instantly; he’d had a long and busy day with his adventure.
Hector tucked the two cats in, and went to bed himself. He was thankful these cats had a normal sleep cycle…well normal for humans anyway. For several moments, he lay on top of his bed with his eyes closed, trying to fall asleep. He was remembering the day he had, and thinking about the hardships that were to come. “<Juan Do, huh?>” he said quietly to himself, before drifting into sleep.

---
Babylon Gardens 2010; 5 minutes from Lucky Charm Grove

Martin and Keith had noticed some sound coming from the back seat, where Light was sleeping. They looked back to see him kicking his legs out as if he was running, in dream, like dogs often do. “I wonder what dogs dream about.” Martin pondered aloud.
“Oh, probably the same things they do when they’re awake,” Keith replied. “You know, chasing sticks and balls, chasing prey … playing D&D… that kind of stuff.” As he said it, he wondered if the last one made sense. He figured it was possible, so why not?
Martin chuckled. “I know what you mean…you’re probably right.”

---
Colombia 2009

Light was sprinting through the forest. It was the day before the cartel/client meeting, the sun was just rising and both Keith and Light had little time to prepare. He’d disarmed the first few traps, carefully removing each grenade from the tripwires with his knife. After three of them, he’d noticed a pattern and was able to predict where the next one would be within a few yards. It was almost instinctual behavior, he was barely conscious he was doing it. 'Amateurs,' he thought. When he’d almost finished clearing the traps, he heard Keith over the radio. “Light, I’m finishing up here.” Light put his claw to the earpiece to respond, “affirmative.”
Keith looked over to where light was, and saw him running towards him. From several locations, he’d ranged several landmarks inside the building area and those surrounding it. They had needed to clear the traps around the buildings, in case they would need to shoot from a different position. They didn’t want to have to worry about traps that night, because it would slow them down if they had to search for them during the mission. He’d figured the ferals in the area would be thankful as well. While waiting for Light, he took notes in his log book, including what he’d had for breakfast that day, the temperature, relative humidity, what time the sun rose, wind direction, etc. The log book was the snipers ‘bible’, and without it, a snipers ability to learn would be non-existent. He knew sniping was a perishable skill, and without practice and discipline, could cause the sniper’s ability to decline, which could cause the sniper themselves, to perish at the hands of the enemy. Soon Light was standing beside Keith near the makeshift hide they’d made. It had only taken them 5 hours earlier that morning to create it, and they hadn’t had any sleep since the day before. “How many grenades did you find?” Keith asked.
“I don’t know if these guys are smart or we're just smarter,” Light responded. “I found about 20 grenade traps, but they were spread out in a strategic manner. I don’t even know how I was able to find them all so easily.”
“Are you sure you found them all?” Keith asked, a serious look on his face.
“I neutralized the traps that posed a risk to the mission, sir” Light responded, an equally serious look on his face. “I left the ones near the buildings to make them think no one has tampered with them, as per procedure."
Keith breathed a sigh of relief and leaned against the side of their hide, exhausted. “I think we should get some rest; we’ve earned it. Is there anything else you can think of that needs to be done before the op?”
Light thought back to his plan they discussed yesterday afternoon, but his mind was almost as fuzzy as his tail, from lack of sleep. “We still have time to get some rest before any final preparations that need to be made.”
We should go back to camp and rest before moving the gear to the hide. Keith got up and mounted the ATV while Light got on the back and strapped in. Keith drove the two of them back to camp over the uneven terrain, while Light held on.

---
Interview with Keith (Omake): https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 38#p104138
---------- Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion to Chapter 4.
Chapter 4 Conclusion: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 73#p105073
Hope you enjoyed it. :D
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

This is epic!
I loved the owl guy!
And the tension is KILLING me! :D
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

A wolf with a nine mil, oh snap.
Haha, this is AWESOME.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Private Elliot wrote:A wolf with a nine mil, oh snap.
Haha, this is AWESOME.
:D As awesome as that would be, Light doesn't typically use firearms, unless he has to. The members of the K-9 unit are not permitted to use them, but as a mercenary, there are...certain rules that don't apply to him. However, since he has been shot before, he doesn't like using them...plus they wreak havoc on his hearing. That's why he insists Keith uses suppressors, even at the firing range.

On a side note, I have a special 'meet the character' post for when we get to 100 replies for this thread...no cheating, Valerio. :D
Also:
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Yeah, i figured that it would be for self defense anyway.
What's next? He's going to use a Scattergun? Or a baseball bat? Or say "BONK" and "Boink?"
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Private Elliot wrote:Yeah, i figured that it would be for self defense anyway.
What's next? He's going to use a Scattergun? Or a baseball bat? Or say "BONK" and "Boink?"
He'd need a dispenser over here, to do that. :D (whatever that means.)

Please PM me questions for the 'meet the character' segment featuring Keith; which will be posted once we get 100 replies on this topic.
Sorry, Light fans, you'll need to wait a little longer for his interview. :D
Also:
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

lightwolf21 wrote:
Private Elliot wrote:Yeah, i figured that it would be for self defense anyway.
He'd need a dispenser over here, to do that. :D (whatever that means.)

Please PM me questions for the 'meet the character' segment featuring Keith; which will be posted once we get 100 replies on this topic.
Sorry, Light fans, you'll need to wait a little longer for his interview. :D
Quickly People! PM him questions and reply about useless things!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Private Elliot wrote:Quickly People! PM him questions and reply about useless things!
Someone's eager to get to this...
Here's a reply so you won't double post. :D
Also:
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Here's another reply so the count gets higher.
Someone else then me comment!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

You'll notice I retitled the thread with a (PG-13) Rating, just in case I want to kill some people. I don't think killing people is very (PG).
Post 94.
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Re: Housepets: Projectiles of Protection (PG-13)

Post by Blue Braixen »

Ehh... 95. Also, here's wsome wubs for Elliots Avvy
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Tha Housedog wrote:Ehh... 95. Also, here's wsome wubs for Elliots Avvy
Thanks, i stole it from lightwolf Lightwolf made it for me.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Private Elliot wrote:
Maybe I should have him make one for me plz? :cry: Yeah, it looks good.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Tha Housedog wrote:
Private Elliot wrote:
Just ask nicely.
Oh and Say that he and Valerio are the best two fanfic writers ever.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I appreciate your dedition, my minio---FRIEND! :lol:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Private Elliot wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:
Private Elliot wrote: Thanks, i stole it from lightwolf Lightwolf made it for me.
Just ask nicely.
Oh and Say that he and Valerio are the best two fanfic writers ever.
No problem.
*ahem*
Valerio and Lightwolf21 are the best two fanfic writers ever. No seriously. I mean it. I do love their ficcies.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

That's what I did.
'Cept he told me to first.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Tha Housedog wrote:*ahem*
Valerio and Lightwolf21 are the best two fanfic writers ever. No seriously. I mean it. I do love their ficcies.
Thanks 'Dog! :D Welcome to the forums. And as promised, here's the meet the character segment for 100 replies. :mrgreen:
valerio wrote:Yes, any non-spoiling data about K+L would be greatly appreciated.
You asked for it :D
Warning: This interview is silly...it also takes place during Valerio's Season 2 Story arc so there may be some events or spoilers mentioned below.

---===OMAKE TIME===---

Q: "Here we have Keith."
K: *Keith sits down* "Oh, is this an interview?"

Q: "What is for breakfast?"
K: "Oh, I usually eat a bowl of oat cereal with frozen blueberries on top, 2% reduced fat milk, vitamin supplements, glass of orange juice, and I finish it up with hot green tea. I like to read most of the newspaper during it, if I have time; otherwise I just read the comics section. Oh Garfield, :) when are you going to start being funny?"

Q: "Any plans for lunch?”
K: "Well, I'm not working today, so PB&J or PB&Honey sandwich and an apple. I'll usually eat half of each around lunch time, the rest around 3:00 or a bit at a time as I get hungry. If I was working, whatever they're serving in the cafeteria there, I usually make healthy choices: choosing whole grain over white bread, etc. I do have a weakness for sweet things, but not too sweet."
*sees Light eating a cookie in the other room*
K: "Are you going to finish that?"

Q: "What do you like for dinner?"
K: "On a work day, whatever Light or I make for dinner when eating at home, or whatever is in the cafeteria when I'm eating at the shelter on a late shift. Sometimes I skip meals when I'm really busy, and Light needs to remind me. I always finish dinner with cookies and a glass of milk, once again 2% reduced fat. Have you ever had Milk-Bone® brand dog biscuits?"
Q: Can't say I have.
K: They actually aren't bad.

Q: *cough* Moving on, your favorite food?
K: *without skipping a beat* Spaghetti with meat marinara sauce. I just use it as an excuse to use Tabasco sauce with powdered cheese...where else can you use those?"
*Light walks by while answering.* "Eggs, pizza, chicken, rice..."
K: "I guess I like spicy foods in general as well.

Q: "Reading material?"
K: I like to read military textbooks, weapons' manuals, and on rare occasion..." *leans forward and whispers* "...furry webcomics.” Don't judge me. >_<
Q: Get this guy a girlfriend. -_-;

Q: "Favorite television program?"
K: "I like to watch 'Futureweapons', other Military Channel programming, anime, but I usually do that with Light only, and 'Phineas and Ferb'.
Q: *Looks at him with a strange look*
K: "What? It's a good show."

Q: "What's your Zodiac Sign?"
K: "Virgo...my Zodiac sign is hot." :D

Q: "Favorite outdoor activity?
K: "As opposed to what? I suppose you're going to tell me there's something called *finger quotes*'indoor activity'...I'm just messing with ya'...I'd have to go with rock-climbing."

Q: "Do you have any hobbies?"
K: "What's a hobby?" -_-?

Q: "Something you do in your spare time, for fun."
K: "I'm not following." -_-;

Q: "You...do have spare time...don't you?"
K: "I could spare you details...Look, between caring for a wolf and work, I'm tapped out. Don't get me wrong, I love the furball; I wouldn't have it any other way. In fact, I guess spending time with him is what I like to do in my spare time. Although, I used to do a lot of work on inventing stuff to help with my job, I don’t really have much time for it anymore.”

Q: “Really, like what?”
K: “Well, let’s see. I created some odorless spray-paint that adheres to animal fur, but doesn’t damage it and washes off cleanly. As you can see Light, isn’t very ‘forest friendly’ in terms of appearance at keeping a low profile, so I needed to come up with something so he could help with my work.” *quietly whispering* “The military was very happy about that research, paid me quite well. Apparently they’re thinking of implementing it among other military canids for black ops, but you didn’t hear about it from me.” ;)
Q: “I see.”

Q: "What was the scariest thing you ever had to do?"
K: "Jeez, after a while, things start to stop surprising you. I'd have to say the scariest time was something that happened in the past but hasn't been written yet...does that make sense? Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining things sometimes.

Q: "Any family?"
K: "I was the last living relative of my bloodline. Having come from a military family, my parents and siblings had all been killed in the line of duty. As far as I knew
I did not have any other living relatives...until my half-sister SURPRISED me...ME! I didn't think anything could surprise me. I'm usually quite prepared, but that one threw me for a loop." O_o

Q: "Any potential love interests?"
K: *leans over fourth wall* "Unless Valerio can come up with something I don't see it happening any time soon...*stops leaning* I'm not good with that sort of thing, I mean I've had to play the 'Bond' part sometimes in my line of work, but the problem with a stable relationship with what I do...any day could be my last...I just don't see myself doing that to someone."

Q: "Who is Light, to you?"
K: "Light is like my brother. We watch out for each other, keep ourselves in line. In a way, he's also like my business partner, except I manage all the finances and bills and payments...okay, well I guess he's like a henchman in that respect, an extra set of muscles, eyes, ears...you know."
*Light walks in, pointing to his ears* "I heard that."
K: "He's also my best friend.":D
*Light walks out, rolling his eyes*

Q: "How did you two end up together?
K: "I believe Light has written something about that in an autobiographical-style story. You can read up on it on page one of this thread...He's also planning on writing about our other 'adventures' and putting them up on his deviantart account someday. He's a pretty good writer."

Q: "What is your weapon of choice?"
K: "That really depends on what the target is. For a human, I'd have to say the Cheyenne Tactical Intervention M-200 rifle. Did you know CheyTac makes their own ammunition for that weapon?

Q: "You say that so coldly. Do you enjoy killing people?"
K: "I took up sniping because I'm good at it, and I enjoy spending time in the outdoors. If I had to stay behind a desk every day I'd go crazy. No, I see it as a job. It's either kill or be killed in my line of work, so in my opinion it's like self-defense. I don't go around killing good, innocent people, even if the bad guys try paying me more. It's kind of why I left the marines, and took up mercenary work. I can set my own rules and I don't have to follow orders...as long as I produce results. It also helped that my former-employers, RMMS, allowed for those flexibilities of its employees. I got to spend time traveling around the world, much better than spending time behind a desk.

Q: "So why did you choose to work for Martin Foster's Lucky Charm Grove? Won't you miss traveling the world?"
K: "Well, I do like animals, so if I can use my skills to protect them, then I will...plus he pays well. Besides, I can always travel the world when I'm too old to do this stuff anymore."
Q: *under breath* "If you live that long."
K: "Hmm?"
Q: "Nothing." :)

*temporary removal of fourth wall*
Q: "Could you tell us what happens in your story?"
K: "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. *laughs* *laugh fades* *awkward silence* *cough* Well, ultimately, Valerio is the one who's in charge here; Light and I are just characters in a parallel storyline to his. We do get a bit of freedom in flashback sequences and it's really cool when Valerio features the two of us in his stories, and lately we seem to have been getting more screen time so I hope he's got something big planned." :D
*wall gets replaced*

Q: "What was the most difficult thing you've ever had to do?"
K: "Choose between the lives of two individuals?"

Q: "You're pretty cut? What's your secret?"
K: "Diet and exercise. Every morning Light and I start with yoga, as soon as we wake up.
Q: O_o ..."Wha-?"
K: "I know what you're thinking...'Yoga's for chicks,' right?"
Q: "Um...well...
K: "Look, sniping is a very precise art, where the slightest movement can alter the trajectory of a bullet. Muscle movement, breathing, even the slight movement from your pulse can mean the difference between life and death...Yoga incorporates exercises to help control all of these things. Plus it helps to stretch when you're going to be lying or sitting in the same position for hours without moving.
Q: "Wow! I stand corrected.
K: "But you're sitting." *smiles*

Q: "For a trained killer I've noticed you have a somewhat normal sense of humor."
K: "Well for this type of job, if someone doesn't kill you, the stress will. You need patience and a good sense of humor. Knowing any day could be your last, and accepting this fact, helps keep you focused and relaxed. This could prevent you from making a hasty mistake, and even a single mistake could be fatal.

Q: “Let’s open the board up for audience questions. It looks like we have just one…from Elliot.”
E: “Um, yeah, how did you get involved in your line of merc. work?”
K: “Well, I wanted more freedom with the jobs I get to choose to take on, and not having to follow orders as long as long as I produce results. That's why I left the Marine Corps. If you were asking why we went with RMMS...RMMS allows for employees to choose their own missions, with a queue list with priority based on previous job reviews. Also, they handle much of the paperwork and I don’t like paperwork.” >_<

Q: "How many men have you killed?"
K: "I can't answer that."
Q: "You don't know?...or you can't say?"
K: "Can we get to another question, please?"
Q: "Okay, okay."
K: "I did ask you not to bring up anything too specific."
Q: "I'm sorry."
K: "It's okay. Look I’m kind of tired, it’s been a long day; do you think we could pick this up another time.”
Q: “Of course, thank you for your time, Lieutenant.”
K: “No problem, but next time…could you wait until I’m out of the bathtub, I’ve been in here so long I’m starting to prune.”
Q: “Uh, yeah… sorry about that.”

---
Chapter 4 Conclusion: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 73#p105073

Stay tuned for more...coming up when I'm not busy writing the main fics.
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Also:
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well I finally caught up completely with the story. Its really good I can't wait for the next part of chapter 4. :D
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

IceKitsune wrote:Well I finally caught up completely with the story. Its really good I can't wait for the next part of chapter 4. :D
I was worried it wouldn't be very popular because of the lack of Housepets! characters and screen-time for them, but I'm glad some people are getting into it. :mrgreen:
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Hah, wow, "they" interviewed him in the bathtub! That's so sad!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Tha Housedog wrote:Hah, wow, "they" interviewed him in the bathtub! That's so sad!
It's funny because you don't know that until the end. :lol:
Also:
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

On my ps3 right now.
I got a sort of cameo. Good update, even if it is just an omake .
valerio

Post by valerio »

hehehe, this was rich!! :lol: :lol:
The guy's a natural at interviews :mrgreen:
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You I do find this fic a bit funny because if you think about it its a fan fic of a fan fic of a fan fic of a fan fic. (Star crossed is a fan fic of Housepets! Then Symphony in Periwinkle is a fan fic of that story then Valerio stories are fan fics of that story then there is your story which is a fan fic of his story.) I have never seen so many strings of fan fics before that were not intentionally a huge saga that was planed by multiple writers at the beginning.
valerio

Post by valerio »

IceKitsune wrote:You I do find this fic a bit funny because if you think about it its a fan fic of a fan fic of a fan fic of a fan fic. (Star crossed is a fan fic of Housepets! Then Symphony in Periwinkle is a fan fic of that story then Valerio stories are fan fics of that story then there is your story which is a fan fic of his story.) I have never seen so many strings of fan fics before that were not intentionally a huge saga that was planed by multiple writers at the beginning.
Hey, Sinder, how does it feel to know YOU have started it all?
I love you, you know it :D
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

IceKitsune wrote:You I do find this fic a bit funny because if you think about it its a fan fic of a fan fic of a fan fic of a fan fic. (Star crossed is a fan fic of Housepets! Then Symphony in Periwinkle is a fan fic of that story then Valerio stories are fan fics of that story then there is your story which is a fan fic of his story.) I have never seen so many strings of fan fics before that were not intentionally a huge saga that was planed by multiple writers at the beginning.
Oh man, I didn't realize it went that deep. :shock:
That means that my other story, Alandra's Back-story
is a fan-fic (Alandra's Back-Story for Terrace High)
of a fan-fic (Projectiles of Protection)
of a fan-fic (Valerio's Series)
of a fan-fic (Symphony in Periwinkle)
of a fan-fic (Star Crossed)
of Housepets! (Best Web-Comic). :mrgreen:
Also:
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

lightwolf21 wrote:
Oh man, I didn't realize it went that deep. :shock:
That means that my other story, Alandra's Back-story
is a fan-fic (Alandra's Back-Story for Terrace High)
of a fan-fic (Projectiles of Protection)
of a fan-fic (Valerio's Series)
of a fan-fic (Symphony in Periwinkle)
of a fan-fic (Star Crossed)
of Housepets! (Best Web-Comic). :mrgreen:
As neat as it would be it does not count because you can not write fan fiction of your own stuff (hence the Fan in fanfiction)
Edit: It would be considered a side story by the way
valerio

Post by valerio »

Housepets! Is really something Awesome, to span such inspiration and devotion.
And it's been only 2 1/2 year of it... 8-)
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

IceKitsune wrote:As neat as it would be it does not count because you can not write fan fiction of your own stuff (hence the Fan in fanfiction)
Edit: It would be considered a side story by the way
I thought that might be the case. I wasn't sure on how that would count, but I guess it doesn't.

On what Valerio said: Let's hope there are many more to follow. :D
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Let's sum it up...

First, there was THIS

That caused Sinder's STAR-CROSSED to be born http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... ?f=5&t=140

Then there was Two-Twig's follow-up, SYMPHONY IN PERIWINKLE http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... ?f=5&t=245

and a prequel to it all, Sinder's AULD LANG SYNE http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... ?f=5&t=144

Then SIP was followed by mine HOUSEPETS! LA BALLATA DEI NUOVI GIORNI http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... ?f=5&t=495

to which mine HOUSEPETS! LA SERIE http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... ?f=5&t=513followed, which also hosts characters from:
Through the Lapses of Time
Before the Comic
An Old Friend
Dayshaun: Memories of the Mother
Origins: A Pet Friendly Fanfic

And along came Lightwolf 21's PROJECTILES OF PROJECTIONhttp://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... ?f=5&t=791, with its backstory

And soon, HOUSEPETS! LA SERIE will be set in a brand-new scenario based on an RP model, Terrace High with the characters contribution of the very forumites, INCLUDING RICK GRIFFIN HIMSELF YAY!

All in all, yes, I'd say it's an interesting saga we have here...
Last edited by valerio on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Thats a LOT of shipping! :)
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Tha Housedog wrote:Thats a LOT of shipping! :)
The shipping is the most important part. :mrgreen:
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

lightwolf21 wrote:
The shipping is the most important part. :mrgreen:
Fanfics cant work without it! :mrgreen:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Amazing what a single strip can do, eh?
I guess many of us estimate that moment as a boundary line for us shippers. :mrgreen: