Canine Agents

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Czukay

Canine Agents

Post by Czukay »

Okay, so before I begin Chapter 1, some info.
Biographies:
Czukay Suzuki: Raised from puppy-hood by an agency called the Canine Agents. Until recently, his Family Unit was stationed in Sankt Johann im Pongau, Austria. Has Heterochromia iridum (one blue eye, one brown). His breed is German Shepherd-Tamaskan Mix. And yes, he is the main character. He also knows Tai Chi, Judo, and Tae Kwon Do.
Winston Suzuki: Czukay's "Sidekick". Does not like being called Czukay's "Sidekick". Pug who is the brains when it comes to missions. He also knows a bit of martial arts, but he isn't really built for that sort of thing.
August Suzuki: Czukay and Winston's Owner/Dad. He came to be their Owner/Dad due to his being part of the human section of the aforementioned agency (No, this does not mean he loves them any less!). He knows of many obscure songs, and has helped to foster Czukay's love for music, and the arts.

Czukay, Winston, and August have been re-located from their past home in St. Johann to Babylon Gardens. Czukay speaks with a slight German accent (but has good English skills), but Winston and August, having lived in America in the past have picked up the accent rather quickly.

Note: This fanfic is in story form with some images. It is not a comic. I am improving art-wise, and if I get better than I am today... Maybe it will be a comic. But not for now.
I will work on this when I have time, which may be limited sometimes. I can't say whether this will be weekly, daily, or what, but I will try to do this and keep you interested!
If you decide to do fanart/include my characters in your fanfic, PM me first.
As I've been saying, my art will improve over time.
Attachments
Bezirk_St._Johann_im_Pongau_in_Österreich.png
Bezirk_St._Johann_im_Pongau_in_Österreich.png (74.29 KiB) Viewed 30438 times
SuzukiFamily.jpg
SuzukiFamily.jpg (113.16 KiB) Viewed 30438 times
Last edited by Czukay on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
dryideabat

Re: Canine Agents

Post by dryideabat »

This looks very promising. I gather that August knows that his dogs are Canine Agents?

...Gee, it's never easy for sidekicks (especially if the one they're working with keeps reminding them of that effect). Winston already has my sympathy.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Czukay wrote:He came to be their Owner/Dad due to his being part of the human section of the aforementioned agency (No, this does not mean he loves them any less!).
Just added this to the biographies to clarify.
I decided to give this story an optional soundtrack! XD And it's fine if you don't like a song, just skip it (and please don't complain about it) I will have the songs of widespread genres. The songs should be opened in a new tab, and listened to while reading the text.

First Chapter is short. Chapters will vary in length, and each new chapter will take place in a different place.

Chapter 1
Setting: August Suzuki's Suzuki Pickup Truck en Route to Babylon Gardens. *lol I did this 'cause of this
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm gonna laugh if he drives a Suzuki pickup truck.
Czukay turned and looked out the window of his Dad's truck. It had been a long flight, and for some reason, they were taking an even longer car trip after the fact.
"Dad?" Czukay began, "Why do we have to take this long car trip? Couldn't we have just flown to a place closer to Babylon Gardens?" August shrugged and took a quick glance to the back of the truck where Winston and Czukay were sitting. "I just got this truck. I was basically named for it. You may not be enjoying this but I am! Don't worry though, I'll make it up to you once we get there."
Oh... So Dad was just basically on a joyride, and that was why they had to take this long car trip. "Could you at least put on some music?" Czukay asked. Winston, eager to give his opinion quickly suggested that they listen to songs that had to do with the situation. *Click here to listen to what they listened to *
Even though much of the songs they listened to were Before their time, Winston and Czukay did not mind. August was a very musical person, who had been collecting records since he was very young (He is approximately 36 years old). Since they had to move away from Sankt Johann, he had to give up his record collection, as it would not fit in carry-on bags, nor would it fit in his truck. So he had managed to convert to CDs, and sell most of his record collection.
Czukay found himself looking back out the window. How many of those big corporate billboards with silly slogans had they passed by? Wait... what? He saw a billboard advertising a movie about a possum called Where the Love Light Gleams. The films these days were getting weirder and weirder. I suppose it's because of those ferrets I heard about that like to throw their money around.

*If you are done with that car themed song, try something a bit more... obscure*

Later on, Czukay, Winston and August got out of the car to stop at one of those roadside rest-stops. Yeah. You know what I mean (yucky public bathrooms which I will not provide details about). After washing his paws, Czukay went and stretched in a small grove outside of the rest-stop. He didn't think he would take nature for granted ever again, as it was especially refreshing after being in the car for so long.
When it was time to return to the car, Winston tapped Czukay on the shoulder. "Hey. Watch This. It'll help to pass the time"
*watch the video* (no, it's not music this time, and yes, it's a long video. Keeping it realistic for keeping them entertained.)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thank you for using my joke in your story. To that end, I will leave you with a Suzuki pickup so you know what they are driving.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... remium.jpg
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Sorry about the delay.
Chapter 2
Czukay looked up from Winston's phone and saw a sign that said
Welcome to Babylon Gardens
Animal Friendly Neighborhood

August looked back at them from the driver's seat and winked when they reached a red light. "Yep. This means we're here" he said.
Winston decided to ask the question. Yep. What had been bothering them the whole trip. "Why were we relocated to this area anyway?"
August shrugged. "We were told to report to the Milton Manor, and that we would know it when we saw it. Quite frankly, I don't know what to make of it.
They pulled up to a single-family-home that looked rather welcoming. At least our new home looks nice Czukay thought. He hoped that he would be able to say the same about their new neighbors...
*With some relaxing unpacking Music?
*After Getting Unpacked*
August looked at his two favo(u)rite canines. "Alright then. You've helped out enough, I'll do the rest. Go meet the neighbors!"
Thus, Czukay and Winston sallied forth from their new home into a new and different world. First they went straight to their next door neighbors. The house seemed to have been well-lived-in, and there were many noises coming from inside. Winston stepped forward and knocked. Wonder why they don't have a doorbell? Czukay wondered.
He watched as the door opened to reveal...... A wolf. Wearing glasses.
"Um... Hi" the wolf said.
Czukay was scared. He turned to Winston. Winston turned and looked back.

[I know this is short, but I have to go to bed. I'm going to school tomorrow. I'm going to edit this on Wednesday and make the chapter longer. Then you will find out what happens after the cliffhanger! :P]
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't wait to see how the next chapter comes out. Its really nice so far!
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

And Now... The Conclusion
Without a moment to lose, Czukay applied a Judo technique that he had learned in his training. Using the wolf’s weight against him, Czukay pinned him and had him in a headlock in a short amount of time.
“Okay. Explain exactly what you are doing inside of this human house, wolf.” *Czukay flashed his ID* “And choose your words carefully.”
The wolf was startled because he had been so quickly overwhelmed, but he didn’t make any trouble, and explained, “My name is Miles. My family and I live here. We are certified, and I don’t want any trouble.”
Czukay apologized for having attacked him, but Miles just nodded saying “Yeah. Don’t worry, I understand, it’s rather commonplace for us to be mistaken for ferals.” Miles continued “So, what brings you to our home, anyway?”
Winston piped up and explained that they were the wolf family’s new next-door-neighbors. Czukay added that to apologize, he was sure that his Dad wouldn’t mind having them over for dinner sometime. After a warning and introduction, of course, as August was very open minded, but cautious.
Miles grinned, and said quietly, “Better just me and the wife. My cubs can be a bit rambunctious sometimes.” (If they were invited something like this would probably happen)
A corgi and a husky peered out from the door of the house which was still ajar. Miles looked back “Oh! This is King, and Bailey” he explained.
*Click Here if you need more (A bit Wacky) Muzak*
King opted out of the traditional greetings, and settled for shaking both of their hands, and Bailey seemed nice too. Czukay decided to also extend the invitation for dinner to them.
Winston and Czukay said goodbye to Miles, King, and Bailey, and headed off toward the house on the other side of the street. Czukay rang the doorbell. A light tan colo(u)red dog opened the door. “GRAAAAAAPE! There are some dogs I’ve never seen before at the door!” the dog shouted. A purple cat, presumably Grape appeared from behind a corner, looking as if ahem… He? …Wait no, she had just woke up.
Czukay greeted them “Hi! I’m Czukay, and this is Winston, we’re your new neighbors from across the street.” The dog looked exited to have new neighbors… Or maybe he was just the type to get excited at almost everything… “I’m Peanut! And this is Grape! If you want to play sometime, just come over!”
Winston thanked them for the invitation. Grape looked at Czukay. “Why are you wearing that shirt?” she asked. Czukay thought about it for a moment. “Nonconformity.” He answered shortly. “I keep it unbuttoned though, I’m not a total weirdo. And you wouldn’t see me wearing… pants.”
Grape laughed. Even the notion of a pet wearing pants was outrageous.
But, Alas. Winston heard August calling from across the street, and it was time for them to go in for dinner. “See you later!” Peanut said, and Grape waved as they walked off. “It was nice to meet you!” Czukay shouted back as their parting comment. And thus the day was over.
End of Chapter 2
Attachments
TheWolfAmongUs.jpg
TheWolfAmongUs.jpg (108.09 KiB) Viewed 30331 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wonderful job with this chapter! Everything is coming out nice! My suggestion is that somebody needs a pie in the face. xD
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Sorry about the long gap in time... but now...
Chapter 3
*What do you think about having this as the Adventure Theme?*
Czukay, Winston, and August ate their breakfast then set out to find the Milton's Mansion. Apparently, the ferrets would be able to tell them why they had moved away from St. Johann to come to Babylon Gardens. Czukay felt puzzled about the whole thing.... What affiliation did these ferrets have with the C.A., anyway?
At the end of the road they were driving on loomed a large house with a large garden. This was obviously it. August pulled the truck into the drive, and parked it. They got out and approached the large french doors.
Czukay looked at Winston. "You ring the doorbell." Winston looked back "No. You do it." August silently approached and rang the doorbell himself. He had a look on his face that seemed to say Ha. My little secret agents, fighting about who rings the doorbell. Whowouldathunkit...
The butler answered the door. "Ah, hello suh. Keene has been expecting you." He led them up a circular flight of stairs and then turned into the third door on the right of the second floor. Within, a brown and white ferret wearing a rather large pair of sunglasses sat at an office desk.
"Good morning, gentlemen." Keene said, "I trust you will want to get right to business". Czukay glanced at his surroundings, then asked Keene, "So, what exactly do you ferrets have to do with the C.A., then?". Keene smiled. "We bought your contracts. You are still Canine Agents, but... Not C.A. You work for us now. Oh, and they said that you can keep your badges... I made sure they were overlooked."
Czukay and Winston were surprised at this, and even August, who usually seemed removed from the situation because of his... well Human-ness seemed shaken. Keene continued, "As for the mission, I would prefer to speak in private with Winston and Czukay." August and Jeeves exited the room.
"So, as you know, being rich with our grand plans and all, we have acquired some people and animals who dislike us. However, this is a case that has gone on between my family, the Miltons, and another rich family in a nearby town called the Byrnes. Mr. Byrne recently died, and we believe that his guinea pigs may attempt to re-ignite the feud between our families. So, you two must go to a party that they are hosting next week, which we will get you invitations to, and figure out their intentions." Keene took off his sunglasses, and looked at both of them in the eyes. "Got it?" Winston and Czukay nodded. Keene finished up saying, "More details will come later. For now, you two can head home for some R&R, because you may need to recover from the sudden realization that I am your new boss. Hopefully it was a good realization."
Winston, August, and Czukay were ushered out of the mansion by Jeeves. When they got in the car, Czukay let out a sigh. "How could C.A. just sell us out like that?" Winston vocalized in an annoyed tone. August just watched the road, but uttered "Well... The ferrets do have a great deal of cash. We should look on the bright side. At least we weren't laid off."
Czukay decided that the best way to forget about the annoyances and surprise was to go home and lay back with some Coffee and TV.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Hmm... interesting. The ferrets have their own personal secret agents now? I assume Simon is banned from sending them on "super-duper important secret missions"? :P
Interested to see how the mission plays out especially given they've just basically been bought :?

Also, are you looking for critique, or is this just a story you want to get out there for fun (or both)? :D
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

I welcome constructive criticism to improve my writing, and I would also like to thank those of you who tell me the good stuff about my writing, cause it's a good motivator. And yep, this is for fun. It's actually my first fanfiction.
Last edited by Czukay on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Either way I do really enjoy this chapter. Great job!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Wow, Czukay overpowered Miles (I love Judo). Among the countless species appearing in the Housepets! universe, I don't remember ever seeing any guinea pigs... though I already smell trouble from this particular group.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

This comic just kinda seems to be like a Wednesday-Thursday Thing dosn't it?

Chapter 4

Czukay's alarm clock sounded. He groaned and reached out to turn it off. The first rays of sun of the day were just shining through the window.

WAKE HIM UP WITH EXPERIMENTAL/METAL MUSIC!!!!!!
Winston walked in playing the aforementioned song... It didn't help having an early bird as a housemate. "HEY!" Winston shouted over the music "I FIND IT MUCH EASIER TO WAKE UP WHEN LISTENING TO MUSIC LIKE THAT!"

To Czukay's sensitive ears, all of this was just getting to be too much. "I'M UP!!!!" He shouted back. Yeesh... I ought to start locking my door...

Later after a fast breakfast of scrambled eggs and OJ, August went to his office to make some phone calls to find some new work. After all, now he wasn't getting paid to look after his pets.

Czukay gazed out the window. The morning was a cold one, and if one looked closely, one could see the small crystalline pieces of ice on the grass in the front lawn. He wasn't fully awake yet, of course, so rather than closely looking, he kinda just scratched his headfur and squinted out the window....
You can tell I'm trying to go for more detail, right? Let me know how it goes!

Winston paused to remind Czukay that they had still not met all of their neighbors yet. Then they trudged out the door and on to the street. On the other side of the street, they saw a tan dog with a green collar who seemed to have an annoyed disposition... And he was accompanied by a gray husky with a yellow bandanna. The tan dog's gaze shifted to Winston and Czukay.

"Hey! Who're you!" the tan dog shouted, and began to approach. "I'm Czukay and this is Winston. We recently moved here from Austria". The tan dog examined the two and smirked. Meanwhile, the husky with the bandanna held out his paw. "Hi. I'm Fox, and this... Is Bino." Bino's smirk got even smirkier (if that's even possible), and he snapped, "I can introduce myself. Anyway Czu-Czuk-whateveritis. And Winston. I want you to know that this neighborhood is my turf. I run the Good Ol' Dogs club, and I'm calling the shots. That clear?"

Great. Czukay had known some ultra territorial dogs in his time, and this was definitely a fine example. Czukay, rather than responding to Bino, just gave him a long, cold stare (For those of you who don't know dog psychology this is a challenge). Bino bared his teeth. But Fox intervened and pulled Bino aside. "Jeez. It's no wonder he reacted that way. Cool down Bino, the new guys will learn rules and all that stuff later. We should be welcoming, after all they came so far to live in our neighborhood."

Bino seemed to slightly relax, but it was a bit hard to tell. "Okay. You've got a pass for today, but if you guys show up at the club and do anything like that *he looked at Czukay*, then fear my wrath." Bino turned and began to walk away.

Fox remained for a moment to say "Don't worry, for him it's all bark and no bite if you know what I mean. You guys will fit in just fine, I'm sure." Winston responded, "Thanks Fox. It was nice to meet you."

As Czukay and Winston walked away, Czukay found that he had the song What Do You Care? stuck in his head as he walked away.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Great chapter once again! I am really looking forward for the rest of it!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I like more detail :D Czukay's character continues to develop... and clash wonderfully with Bino's :lol:
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Apologies for the long wait. Real life gets to ya. It really does.

Chapter 5

It was breakfast time. Czukay and Winston settled down to some cheesy grits, as August was too tired that morning to make anything more complicated. But, he had an announcement, for all the work he had done over the night was successful. He had a new job!

"May I have your attention, please." August stated, but added a rather goofy, albeit tired smile. "I was interviewed on Skype last night, and I've been hired as a Scientist at a local laboratory studying.... Animals! That's right, I'm a Zoologist now."

*Play the "I am a Scientist" Song

Czukay turned to face August from his grits, which he had been hungrily eating moments before. "That's great, Vati!" (German for Dad :P) "I've been told that humans find retirement, and lack of a job rather boring after too long, so good luck!".

Winston also congratulated August "Awesome, Vati. So, when do you start this new job, anyway?". August turned to face his pug. "Tomorrow, actually, so I've got to get a good rest tonight." He turned to Czukay, and with one of his barely convincing stern-ish looks said, "So, don't be playing your records too loud too late tonight. Anyway, you see the ferrets again, so you've got to work as well." He grinned again, "Although, even if you do I'll forgive you, but...."

Czukay suddenly remembered... He had never told August about how the wolves were coming over for dinner soon. Now how, exactly should I phrase it? Czukay nervously stated, "So... Dad... Did you meet our neighbors?" August looked over quizzically. "Not yet, I was thinking of going out later today. Why do you ask?" Czukay looked down a bit, then faced August again. "WellournextdoorneighbborsarewolvesandIkindainvitedthemoverfordinner." August looked up at the ceiling for a moment, as if in deep thought.

"First things first. Did I hear you correctly?" August asked. Winston replied that he had indeed heard correctly. "So, how many should I expect, and when exactly is this?" Czukay looked down at his foot-paws. "Well, we were going to check with you first, so there isn't a date set yet, but we'll have a corgi named King, a husky named Bailey, a wolf named Miles, and his wife Lucretia."

Czukay looked up, but when he made eye contact with August, he detected no anger. In fact, surprisingly, he looked elated. "THAT'S IT! Just what this house needs to be broken in! A party! Once you make more friends, could you invite them as well?" August uttered all of this quite swiftly, and neither Winston nor Czukay could believe their ears. It wasn't like they didn't know their Vati, but this adventurous side of him rarely surfaced. However, both of the canine companions were quite happy that it had saved them in this situation.

"Now, off you trot." August said. It was yet again time for the two to venture out and about. Whenever they went out into the neighborhood, Czukay liked to get songs like "In the Land of Grey and Pink" into his head, as Czukay liked fantasy.

This time the duo decided to turn another direction, and ended up on a road they had not seen before. A group of dogs wearing police vests, obviously a K9 unit walked towards them.

One of them, a German Shepherd who appeared to be the leader of the group stepped forward, and addressed the two. "Hi, I'm Sargent Ralph. This is my unit. The doberman is Kevin, and..." The German Shepherd indicated a slightly buff looking dog who had similar coloring to Bino, "This is Fido."

A mouse which was in Fido's headfur piped up, "Hey! Don't forget about me! I'm Spo!". The dogs went through the traditional greetings, and introduced themselves, after which Sargent Ralph addressed Czukay, "I smell some German Shepherd in you. It's cool to see another of my breed, even if you aren't purebred. What's the other scent though?" Czukay smiled, as he was proud that part of his lineage had to be spoken of. "I'm part Tamaskan. Tamaskan dogs are quite rare, and there are only about 40 purebred Tamaskans in America." Czukay did his research on his lineage, and enjoyed being educated about both German Shepherds and Tamaskan Dogs, which were Finnish.

Fido and Kevin proceeded to converse with Winston. Meanwhile, Sargent Ralph asked Czukay, "So, are you in law enforcement? It's a respectable career for any German Shepherd, mix or no." Czukay grinned and showed the Sargent his badge for the C.A. "Well then... You're an agent for the C.A.? I guess you don't have to keep it secret in your hometown or something. People don't tend to suspect dogs anyway, and most of them don't even know what the C.A. is. They'd think you were talking about California or something...." Czukay and Winston then shook paws with the squad, before departing, as time had passed swiftly, and it was already time to go home.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Great job on this chapter! Any chapter that has Kevin in it is a 10!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

The question probably on everyone's minds now is what the heck do you serve when hosting such a party? Deer carcass canapés anyone :lol: ?
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Good news! I can upload on Mondays, Tuesdays and every other Weekend now!
Problem is I'm in Seussicalat my school as the Mayor of Whoville, so I'll have less time (practice&rehearsal)
Chapter 6

Alas, it was time for the duo to meet with Keene once more. Czukay, Winston, and August piled into his truck, and drove to the mansion. August winked as he dropped them off "Wishing you luck at your new job!" he said, and Czukay and Winston wished him the same. Then they were standing alone in front of the mansion.

StandInThePlaceWhereYouWorkNowFaceWestThinkAboutThePlaceWhereYouLiveWonderWhyYouHaven'tBefore

Winston walked up to the large, formidable doors of the Milton's home and lifted the big brass knocker. He knocked three times before the Milton's butler opened the door and led them up a spiral staircase to Keene's office.

"Thank you, Jeeves, you're dismissed." Keene said as they entered the room. Jeeves made no parting comment as he silently slipped out of the room.

Keene redirected his attention to Winston and Czukay. "Alright, so Winston and Czukay, right? Okay, so I'll brief you on the mission you are to accomplish for us first. As I told you before, it involves the Byrne family in the nearby neighborhood of Clearsprings. However, information pertaining to your mission is not to be leaked, and I trust you know that very well, as you are what you are. Security measures must be taken."

Keene pressed a button on his desk, and another panel slid out of the top of his desk. He then proceeded to use the device within as an intercom. "Jeeves, activate the Cone of Silence" Jeeves' voice could be heard from the intercom, "The Cone of Silence, suh?" Keene appeared annoyed. "Yes, the Cone of Silence. Now activate it before I dock your pay!".

With that, the ceiling opened up and a device that appeared as if it were made of some transparent material like plexiglass with cones to cover people's heads descended upon the occupants of the room. If you don't know what the cone of silence is please watch this It's really funny.

After the Cone of Silence covered them, Keene proceeded with the briefing. "So, as you know, the guinea pigs' owner recently bequeathed all of his worldly possessions to them. Now, apparently the guinea pigs are hosting a party at their mansion." Winston could not hear any of this, as the Cone of Silence was really quite effective. "What?" he said. Keene responded "They're hosting a party." Winston could still not hear. Czukay attempted to help. "A PARTY" he shouted at Winston. Winston gazed at Czukay. "What do you mean?" he said. Keene looked at both of them "Why are you talking about a BEAN?". Czukay was perplexed, "You're supposed to be briefing us. Not talking about food. Say, I'm HUNGRY now". Winston looked at Czukay "What? We're going to Hungary? We just came from Europe."

Keene could see that the Cone of Silence was not working out as well as he thought it would. He pressed the intercom button once again, "Jeeves RAISE the Cone of Silence!" Jeeves sounded ecstatic. "You're giving me a raise?!" he responded. "NO! RAISE THE CONE OF SILENCE!" Keene was beginning to feel hoarse as the Cone began to re-ascend to the ceiling which promptly closed.

"Alright. Speak softly." Keene began again, "So. The guinea pigs are hosting a party at their house in Clearsprings. I want you to infiltrate that party, get into their mansion, and find out what nefarious scheme they're planning, then make a swift exit... Naturally, you ought to enjoy yourselves as well, as it would look suspicious if you didn't actually join the party."

Join the Party! Shang-a-lang Party Time!

Czukay and Winston both now understood what they had to do. They were told that they ought to report back in two days, when they would be dropped off in Clearsprings at the guinea pig's mansion. They would be there on behalf of the Milton ferrets, and Keene had already sent word to the guinea pigs about that. However, this also meant that Czukay and Winston would most likely be watched closely. They would have to be careful...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Love how this is coming out so far! Please don't stop it!
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Yet another apology for my schedule issues..... Although I'll admit distractions had their part in it too.

Chapter 7

It was the evening of the party. Winston answered the door for the two wolves, King and Bailey and welcomed them into their home. Rather upbeat, but not distracting music plays in the background. Czukay was setting the table while August tended to steaks which ranged in size. Naturally having asked their preferences once they entered, Winston told August that the wolves preferred their steaks raw, King wanted his steak medium Rare, and Bailey medium Well.

While they waited for August to finish cooking the food, Czukay, Winston, Miles, Lucretia, King, and Bailey waited in the sitting room and proceeded to converse.

Czukay started, "So, what's everyone been up to recently?" he asked. The wolves responded that they had been dealing with Bino, who had been attempting to undergo the coming of age of the wolf, and King and Bailey said that they hadn't really had much going on, but they had been looking forward to coming over. Winston explained about how they worked for the ferrets now, but naturally kept the details to himself, and also told them about their Dad's new job as a Zoologist.

Czukay realized at this point that their Dad had not yet told them about his first day at work, and he wondered how it had gone. He told himself that he would ask once the food was ready, and they were at the table.

Winston went to ask August when the food would be ready, and August responded that it was nearly done.

Five minutes later, the scene at the table beheld everyone cheerily eating and drinking together. Czukay was happy, and yet somewhere in the back of his mind he felt uneasy... And he could not reason exactly why.

After dinner when the guests had left, Czukay went up to his room early to sift through his thoughts... He found himself thinking about what he had been doing in the Alps nearby St. Johann before he left.......

********************************************FLASHBACK***************************************************

Czukay the young blue eyed German Shepherd observed the snowy landscape of the Alps. He looked through his binoculars to find them foggy due to the coldness. He looked at his watch which told him the temperature was -9 degrees F or -23 degrees C. Rather cold for his taste. However he knew that he had to stay at his post....

On a nearby summit, Winston signaled to Czukay that he had spotted movement on the mountainside below. Perhaps they would find the entrance to the secret base where there were apparently scientists making illegal experimental biochemical weapons.

Czukay swiftly descended to the area where Winston had indicated, and found a small camouflaged entrance which was closing fast. There was no time to think, so Czukay quickly slipped in. He notified Winston that they would keep in contact via radio.

Unfortunately, after the door closed, all wireless connection between Czukay and Winston was lost, and Czukay found he had to fend for himself. He turned a corner into a hallway that was completely white with the occasional marked door in some jargon that Czukay couldn't understand. At the end of the hallway was a dark room.

Czukay stepped in to find that the room was empty. He turned to walk out, but found that the door had swiftly shut behind him. The last sound he heard was the sssssssssssssssssssss of gas seeping into the room.

Czukay was restrained what appeared to be an operating table. A rather menacing looking figure loomed over him. "Well, well, well. It seems our little doggie has awoken. And you need not worry about your friend. He's trying to escape, but we'll have him before long." The man looked right at Czukay. "Do you know what we do here? ...Of course you do. To a certain point. Illegal Biochemical weapons." The man smirked. "But there's so much more to it. We need live test subjects for our viruses, and I believe you would do nicely. I'll just pick something to give to you at random, and let fate take it's path." He smiled.

The man leaned down, and whispered in Czukay's ear, which Czukay later thought was rather pointless, as there was no one else in the room, "I am known as Dr. Silver, do you want to know why?" Silver grabbed Czukay's head and forced it to nod despite the restraints, "Because Silver is the main ingredient."

After that, he jammed a needle into Czukay's right arm with more force than needed, most likely to cause pain. Czukay could not help but yelp. He felt rather strange as the liquid went coursing through his veins. "I didn't even look at what I gave you. It may or may not be fatal, but if it isn't..." he snickered "You may gain great strength. And if you do, then I will have you brainwashed, and you will forget all your little friends, and be a new inductee into the Army of the Phoenix." The man paused to look at the label of the liquid he had recently injected into Czukay... "Viral Tamaskan DNA combined with..." Promptly after that Czukay blacked out.

CLIFFHANGER TO BE RESOLVED TOMORROW! I PROMISE!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am really digging where this is heading! Keep on writing!
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

(Please mind that I am continuing the flashback.... Except from Winston's perspective!)

Chapter 8

After Winston had lost contact with Czukay via radio, he contacted the C.A. headquarters. However, he was rather rudely interrupted, as a man and an Austrian Shepherd on a snowmobile roared into the area. The man had a gun and was aiming at Winston, so instinctively, Winston jumped onto his motorized snow scooter and retreated...

He immediately called headquarters for backup, and realized that Czukay was still in the rather foreboding mountain base. He called for a rescue team, and once he managed to lose the duo on the snowmobile, he ducked into a cave to wait for backup....

Czukay felt extremely groggy... His left eye was also hurting, and he found he could only open his right eye. He was in the same room, however Dr. Silver was nowhere in sight. Czukay realized that he had a really bad headache...

Dr. Silver entered the room once again, having seen that Czukay was awake from a camera somewhere in the room. He heard the doctor singing... "Chemicals will hit you... Chemicals will knock you down... Is it over cause you feel no pain?

He turned to Czukay, "No, It's not. However, It's time for your next dose, and this time, I'll do what I should have done first. A class one amnesiac should do the trick..." Yet again, the doctor smiled in a rather macabre way... Then he injected another liquid into Czukay's arm...

Czukay struggled to keep conscious. He really did. But at the last moment that he could see... He saw Winston kicking in the door.

END FLASHBACK

Czukay the German Shepherd-Tamaskan Mix shook his head in disbelief. That could not have been the way it had happened... He had thought that he had always been a mutt, and... Czukay found himself speaking aloud, "Why am I remembering this all now?"

Czukay decided that that the best course of action to take would be to get some sleep, and question Winston about the incident later on. He reminded himself that the party he was supposed to infiltrate was going to happen soon, but he couldn't sleep at all that night...

Just a short chapter for tonight, folks! I've realized that it's easier for me not to slack off If I make a schedule, so I hereby declare that new Chapters for this fanfiction will occur every Sunday (Not this Sunday tho, cause of yesterday and today), Wednesday, and Friday, unless I have a good reason to be unavailable. It just got PROFESSIONAL! :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really am liking where this is going! Great place to stop also!
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

I'm really sorry, but I'm unable to post today, (Bad start to trying to do a schedule, eh?) Yet again, I apologize, but I will edit this post and make it Chapter 9 tomorrow.
END OF EXPLANATION
Thursday Edit: I will make the Friday one extra long, rather than do it today, because I had to do other things yet again...
Last edited by Czukay on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its OK! We understand that you may be a bit busy and can't update! Take as much time as you need!
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Chapter 9
Your initial Background Muzak

Czukay changed into a brown button-up shirt rather than his normal black one, and went to get breakfast. He wondered how best to talk to Winston about his memories...
Time seemed weird that day... He could vaguely recall breakfast, and the morning had gone by really fast. Czukay decided it was time to break the ice.

"Winston?" Czukay began, "Do you remember what we were doing in St. Johann before we moved here?". Winston turned away from a puzzle he had been working at to pass the time and looked at Czukay expectantly... "I think I remember some pretty weird stuff... Did I used to be purebred German Shepherd? And did we look for a biochemical weapon lab..."

Winston cut Czukay off before he could continue, "It's all true. If you remember everything now, after the experiences you claim to remember, I took you to be examined by a special C.A. vet, who said you may never regain your memory... He told us not to tell you the truth because it might cause abnormal Psychological stuff..." Winston's expression changed... "It also seems that you were injected with viral Tamaskan DNA... And the transformation is not quite complete. It may take years, but you will eventually be purebred Tamaskan..."

Czukay felt sad to hear that... He now remembered his parents who had also been C.A. agents were both German Shepherds, and... well he was losing his lineage...

At that moment, August walked in and interrupted, saying that the neighbor dog and cat, Peanut and Grape had requested that they come to play at their house. Czukay, feeling that he had to get out of the house and forget about some of this stuff for a bit quickly accepted. Winston gave him a look that seemed to say No, we're not finished discussing this...

Under the appearance of their normal, cheerful selves, Winston and Czukay went to the Sandwiches's house and proceeded to play some video games with Peanut, and when Grape found out that (being from a foreign country), the duo had never heard of Pridelands, she proceeded to begin a Pridelands marathon.

More music needed?

Later in the evening, Tarot happened to be heading to the Sandwiches' house to see Peanut, and when she saw Czukay (who was getting ready to come home, as it was getting late) she frowned and asked him if she could speak to him alone, some other time. Czukay, seeing no reason not to decided to accept, and Tarot said that she would know when he was free, and able to speak with her...

Once Czukay and Winston got home, after dinner, the two decided to continue their conversation. Winston began, "So I guess in a way, we were lucky that we got to you when we did, you see, the man... Silver, you called him? He had only given you one dose of amnesiac, and if he had given you any more, then who knows...." Czukay's ears perked up, "And please tell me that Dr. Silver is in custody, and the Army of the Phoenix has been found out and is being fought!"

Winston looked at him, and told him that Dr. Silver had managed to escape via a large network of underground tunnels which they were unable to track him through... And that he had never heard of an "Army of the Phoenix".
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Love what you did with this chapter! It looks really good!
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

You are quite the fast reader, Amazee Dayzee! :P
I'll upload a part tomorrow as well.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just the way I was born I guess. :D
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Just letting you know I'm not dead, and also I'm yet again changing the schedule. Due to recent events there is no schedule! Although I'll try to upload three parts a week. I apologize (hopefully for the last time) for making all those statements about putting things up at certain times, but I guess that just doesn't work. I'd feel guilty without giving you anything, so *does Jazz Hands*

Oh, and by the way I have an FA account now: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/czukay/
Attachments
JazzHands.JPG
JazzHands.JPG (42.13 KiB) Viewed 29761 times
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is OK with us then! This story is starting to turn out wonderful!
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Intermission Part Two (The Jazz Paws/Hands Pic was Part 1) (Story resumes (I hope) tomorrow)
It's parethese-cetpion!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------
I call this little strip-ish thing Denial. It's basically my morning routine because of the Tamaskanization (I will refer to my transformation as that from now on)... But I will soon learn that I must face change and embrace it... But it's hard to look in the mirror and see someone other than yourself.
Attachments
Denial.JPG
Denial.JPG (58.81 KiB) Viewed 29734 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really like how that has come out! Very nice job!
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Well that was awhile, wasn’t it? I'm really sorry about the time gap...
Chapter 10
Some Background Music?
Czukay blinked as he looked at himself in the mirror… He had known this was coming, but it seemed quite strange to look in the mirror and not see what a day ago had been himself.
It was quite clear that he was still a mix, however it now appeared that the Tamaskan side of him was quickly taking over, and his fur was now a rather dull, unappealing color. At this point he felt resigned to his fate, and decided the sooner he got out of this dull-fur-color period the better.

It was the day of the party at the Byrne Guinea Pigs’ mansion, so Czukay got ready, and went downstairs. When Winston apparently decided not to remark on Czukay’s new fur color, but Czukay could tell that he knew.
August drove them to the Milton’s Mansion, from where they would be taken to the Byrne’s Mansion.
Once they got there, they once again met up with Keene, who happened to have someone else with him. It was a cat who appeared to be an American Shorthair, and he introduced himself, saying, “Hi, my name is Alistair Berkely, but you can call me Berke.” Czukay smiled. “Nice to meet you, Berke. Why not Al though?”

The cat gave Czukay a menacing gaze. “Please do not call me that. I once knew a very bad man named that and I do not like to have my mind dwell on that too often.”

Czukay responded apologetically, and Keene recommended that they dispense with the rest of the pleasantries, and get to business. Everyone swiftly agreed.

“Alright, then. So, Berke here will be your electronics guy. Y’know that guy outside of the mission in the white van who speaks to you on headsets, and watches you on the cameras that he conveniently knows how to hack into?” Keene said. Winston responded, asking exactly what type of security they should expect once they got to the Byrne Mansion, as if there was any document or secret meeting area that they would have to infiltrate, then they would have to be conscientious of any security.

Keene shrugged. “That’s Berke’s department. After all, he’s the tech guy” he said. Berke replied, saying that “Well, I mean of course, all the expected security such as cameras and security guards should be there. Other than that, I’ll brief you when you run into the situation. Hopefully you won’t have to deal with everything. And by the way, I can’t shut down the cameras. You see if I do then they will realize that someone’s hacked the system, and it’s all downhill from there.”

Winston and Czukay understood the situation they were heading into. Naturally, as to avoid exposure they would have to actually spend some time at the party and then slip away, most likely split up, and well after that… Who knows…?
They piled into a car, and as they drove off with one of the Milton’s chauffeurs, Keene waved for a moment then walked out of their sight.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Love how this chapter came out! Really nice!
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

I have returned from the dark abyss that is busyness!!!!
:?

Chapter 11

Czukay awoke from his rather short nap in the car and yawned. As he stretched his arm up, he saw that the fur was definately not the color that it had been before he had fallen asleep. Winston turned and looked at him. His eyes grew wide. "Did sleep accelerate the process? You must be pretty much purely Tamaskan now!"

Czukay looked down at his footpaws. "I'm sure it'll all be fine in the end. I'll adjust. Anyway, this isn't what is important right now." Burke who was riding up front turned back and looked at the two. "Alright then" he said, "There are three Byrne guinea pigs. Markus, Titus, and Sylvia. Sylvia is pretty recognizable, because she is a long furred guinea pig, whereas the others are short furred."

Winston replied, "So should we be on the lookout for them?" Burke looked back, "Yeah, you should probably see if you can get a bug on one of them. Other than that, you'll need to get into the lower levels of the Mansion. I've been informed that the lower levels are kind of like a bunker, and there may be things we will need to know about there. We want to find out what sort of foul play the Byrnes are up to, because they, as I'm sure you've been told by Keene, are long time rivals of the Miltons."

The rest of the car ride went by painfully slowly. It seemed to Czukay that time, rather than the constant minutes and seconds which went by, was subjective, and that time for him had decided to lengthen the trip... He had no idea what the trip was like for everyone else, but he didn't like it...

Once they reached the Byrne's Mansion, they were ushered past a rather large bouncer into a courtyard which had lots of topiary, and a large fountain in it. The building was large and had several marble columns in the front. Czukay could see that people were going inside, where the main party supposedly was, and the duo made their way over to the front door.

Czukay could see that the party was abuzz, and many people had been invited. Winston and Czukay walked in and gazed at a large painting of the three guinea pigs. One was black furred, another tan, and the third was long furred and was white except for a black spot on her back.

Winston told Czukay "We ought to split up, and meet back here in an hour" rather quietly, he added "Act natural". Czukay gave him a look saying don't you think I know that?, but Winston had already started away.

Czukay decided to look around, and headed in the opposite direction. He saw that the elevators were cordoned off, and access to the lower floors was restricted. Hmmm.... But what about ventilation systems? That might definitely be a possibility.

Spotting a Boarder Collie sitting alone, Czukay grabbed a drink, and asked her if she would mind if he joined her. "Hi, my name is Rosemary" she said. "I was invited here because my dad is the CEO of a kibble company. What about you?" she asked. Czukay responded that he had been requested to attend in place of the Milton family from Babylon Gardens. "Ah, Babylon Gardens!" she remarked, "I went there once, it's quite a nice neighborhood."

Suddenly Rosemary looked at a watch she was wearing and said she had somewhere to be. Czukay decided to check the time as well, and found that time had gone by fast, and it was about five minutes to go time. I don't know whether this will be fun... Or something else... he thought as he began to walk towards the painting yet again.

I am really sorry about the long absence of posts, but I will try not to let that happen again!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

nice job on the story so far. take as much time as you need to make it.