Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Housepets! The game. 

Post Housepets! The game.
Anything is possible in games, if you know what your doing.

I think this is a really awesome idea. If anyone here is talented at pixel art let me know :D

Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:43 pm

Post Re: Housepets! The game.
There was a fighting game idea that came up a while ago. I thought it sounded interesting, but yeah, better have a really good story to explain why the entire town became a tournament. There's the web-comic crossover, Thread Bound, which is supposed to be an action RPG. So the question is, what type of game will it be? RPG? Sidescroller? Visual Novel? Definitely a lot of choices.

Check out my DeviantART if you'd like: http://d-rock92.deviantart.com/

Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:35 pm

D-Rock wrote:
There was a fighting game idea that came up a while ago. I thought it sounded interesting, but yeah, better have a really good story to explain why the entire town became a tournament. There's the web-comic crossover, Thread Bound, which is supposed to be an action RPG. So the question is, what type of game will it be? RPG? Sidescroller? Visual Novel? Definitely a lot of choices.

RPG that follows the comic story and stuff!

Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Alright, now how the game will play. Play as the existing characters and change up who we play as in different story arcs, or as an original character who manages to be roped into everything (personally prefer the latter)?

And now that we've narrowed down the genre, how about style? Traditional, turn-based, or action-oriented real time battles?

Check out my DeviantART if you'd like: http://d-rock92.deviantart.com/

Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:05 am

Embarrassingly I must admit that I've had an idea or 2 about a Housepets! game for awhile now... If you guys are okay with it, I wouldn't mind joining the project, though I'd be more of a concept maker.

Unfortunately it would be difficult to create an RPG for a comedy/romance/slice-of-life story, and even harder to follow the story of an ongoing webcomic. I'd suggest crafting an original story while staying within the comic canon (Kind of like an Anime movie).

Take Back The Power of the RAINBOW

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:16 am

SuperStar wrote:
Unfortunately it would be difficult to create an RPG for a comedy/romance/slice-of-life story, and even harder to follow the story of an ongoing webcomic. I'd suggest crafting an original story while staying within the comic canon (Kind of like an Anime movie).

How would that be difficult? If it were in the style of, say, a Mario RPG (more particularly in the style of the first two Paper Mario games) I think it would work with Housepets just fine.

I do agree with the latter, though. It could only really work well if it went off into its own side-story/spin-off sort of thing.

SuperStar wrote:
Embarrassingly I must admit that I've had an idea or 2 about a Housepets! game for awhile now...

Don't worry, I'm on the same boat as you, thinking of all sorts of silly ideas for funsies.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]